PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Permits

manu90ela
06-11-14, 12:35 AM
I still need 15 Expansion Permits for my last 4 expansions. I'm trading everything whenever I can, but still at this rate it will take me at least 5 month to get all my permits.
An expansion permit costs 250 gems which I think is too much if I need 15. So I won't buy them.
Are there any other ways to get expansion permits? Are they rare drops from adventures or other things? For example from those treasure troves? I didn't chop them all down because I like them as decorations, but for a chance on an expansion permit I would do it. ;)

claupu
06-11-14, 01:29 AM
I think your best chance is to make them even if it is slow going.

I read in the forum that someone got a Permit from a Treasure Trove, but I imagine it's a very rare drop. I got one from one of the Rainbow Pots which you could craft during the St. Patric event.

I don't think there's another way.

Good luck.

manu90ela
06-11-14, 02:20 AM
I'm afraid you're right.... I'm just a little bit impatient I guess. ;) 15 expansion permits for 4 expansions is a lot....

labsandboxers
06-11-14, 04:57 AM
I was in the same boat. Just keep crafting for tickets. It will take a while, but I didn't gem skip. Now just trying to store a couple of hundred tickets for the enevitable expansions again. And yes I could use more space to bring out buildings in storage.

Castloninian
06-11-14, 05:32 AM
I have 6 plots left and need 16 permits. I have 5 in my inventory and enough to craft two. Not even half-way there yet! But like getting all the badges and knights hall, I am happy to have this in the background and will just keep doing exchanges until I have enough.

kudukuda
06-11-14, 06:05 AM
I get my expantion permits quicker than the coins needed to go for all the expantions.

manu90ela
06-11-14, 06:14 AM
I get my expantion permits quicker than the coins needed to go for all the expantions.

Thanks to all of you! I will continue doing thousands of trades. ;)
It is true that as long as I've got some expansions left there is always something to do. Like for the long term goal sister sister.... ;)
Kudukuda how do you get your permits so fast?

ShibuyaCloth
06-11-14, 06:51 AM
It takes a long time to make all expansions. This week I just finished opening the last plot. Now stock piling tickets for the next round. Expansions are very long terms quests, don't expect to do them overnight. Also it gives some intensive to work hard.

bouncy08
06-11-14, 10:25 PM
I got an expansion permit from a treasure trove.

DrP4ever
06-12-14, 12:44 PM
Just keep trading. I am almost at level 50, play all the time and I still need 8 permits, I think. Took me forever to craft the lanterns so now I'm fully stocked on those, but I'm sure the next expansion will ask for something that I do not have. The amount of tickets required is ridiculous and seriously takes the fun out of the game.

sobieski77
06-12-14, 11:17 PM
Yes I received an expansion permit from a treasure trove, but I imagine that is very rare. Also, I agree that the cost & time involved in getting enough permits to complete expansion is rediculous. Some of them require FIVE permits not to mention up to 30 wisp lanterns & the coins. It doesn't make sense to me if they want people to continue playing. 😖

manu90ela
06-13-14, 05:21 AM
I suppose the amount of permits and everything else is so high in order to give us some work for a while and not immedately shouting for more expansions. I wish there would be some new expansions soon with lower requirements. So I would be able to get more space for my buildings and decorations. If I have to wait until I can open the 3 and 5 permits plots I'll have to be very patient....

brandonu
06-13-14, 06:04 AM
When you get to the higher levels and have been playing for a while, the coin requirements are meaningless. I have 5 expansions available and 6 expansion permits in my inventory, but I'm holding on to them for the expansions to the crown. The 127 wisp lanterns and $1,855,000 coin requirements have been filled forever for the 5 spots. I am near max on wisp lanterns and have almost $9,000,000 coins. It's the permits that slow everything down for me.

ShibuyaCloth
06-13-14, 11:56 AM
For very high players, coins and lanterns are indeed a no issue. I have maxed out lanterns since long and coins I don't bother collecting them. The permits is the long path, not difficult, but just time consuming. I do 2-3 trades (sometimes more) a day, mainly to flush inventory overflow. I don't really collect to do trades, I focus on other goals.

ryusei745
06-13-14, 03:11 PM
ive heard that many people prefer the polaris trade that opens up with the matrix dragon quest if that is possible for you, they said its easier than just gathering the milk and eggs for the food trade.

mcwrapper
06-13-14, 03:26 PM
It is true that as long as I've got some expansions left there is always something to do. Like for the long term goal sister sister.... ;)
If you don't collect a glimmer bulb it won't upgrade your trade. It's much faster using that trick I hear.

kudukuda
06-15-14, 02:20 AM

It's not that I get them fast, it's that coins are much slower to collect.
I do three trades a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. But I rarely collect from coin buildings, since I need other resources much more. But I am in no rush. i have three permits at the moment, and around 24 tickets. But only around 205,000 coins.

maz3girl
06-16-14, 09:33 AM
Coins and wisp lanterns were super easy for me, but I agree w/the trade tickets... I think I have 5 spots to expand to yet. It's very slow going doing all of the trades.

jptheripper
06-16-14, 10:35 AM
I have two left (the ones that take 5 permits each). But I have 12 expansion permits. I am saving them for the glass place down on the bottom right,

zoeee87
06-16-14, 05:14 PM
I've been keeping one plot open so I can build up on expansion permits. It's always a nice jump when they release the next set of expansions. Hopefully soon!!

doobievilla
06-16-14, 05:28 PM
I've been keeping one plot open so I can build up on expansion permits. It's always a nice jump when they release the next set of expansions. Hopefully soon!!

So the Exchange for Exp Permits goes away if you have all current expansions? Sounds silly

Queenzod
06-16-14, 06:38 PM
So the Exchange for Exp Permits goes away if you have all current expansions? Sounds silly

Ya, it's similar to other crafting options (like potion of gills) that are only available when you're working on them. I always say I'll keep my expansion ticket option open, but I usually need the space so badly that I close it by doing the last expansion. Ah, well. You can't always get what you want....

doobievilla
06-16-14, 08:21 PM
Ya, it's similar to other crafting options (like potion of gills) that are only available when you're working on them. I always say I'll keep my expansion ticket option open, but I usually need the space so badly that I close it by doing the last expansion. Ah, well. You can't always get what you want....

Understand the Goal crafting ending.. but Expansions are not a Goal unless my Quest book is making a fool out of me. Also using this line of thinking ... why did they allow XP gain after hitting max level but will not allow to gain exp permits after maxing lots..jsut seems kinda odd

Queenzod
06-16-14, 09:59 PM
Understand the Goal crafting ending.. but Expansions are not a Goal unless my Quest book is making a fool out of me. Also using this line of thinking ... why did they allow XP gain after hitting max level but will not allow to gain exp permits after maxing lots..jsut seems kinda odd

Oh, yeah, I get what you're saying. Maybe b/c they figure we need something to do?

doobievilla
06-16-14, 10:04 PM
if you are Level 1 You got lots to do.. if you are at this point in game asking these questions.. lots to do is kinda obvious.. not looking

ShibuyaCloth
06-17-14, 01:39 AM
If you are an old timer, the expansion permits is one way to have some challenge. Like the Ivy's inscriptions will get us on the hock for some time. If you really wounder what to do, exp permits included, have a look at an old thread (see signature)

manu90ela
06-19-14, 09:15 AM
I chopped down a treasure trove today ... guess what I got? :) an expansion permit!! Wohoooo!!! ;)