PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Getting Push Notifications

Jnny2good
06-10-14, 09:16 PM
Since I updated today, I am getting push notifications, even though I have them all turned off in my setting.

[S8] Regina
06-11-14, 11:01 AM
Are all the notifications turned off, in the game itself, and under the Notification Center in the Settings of your device?

driver1711
06-11-14, 04:28 PM
What I have noticed is that on my iPad Mini, iOS 7.1.1, the notification buttons do not show off or on, just green or not, so I assume moving the button to the left sets them off. My iPod iOS 6.1.6 shows the off or .

[S8] Regina
06-11-14, 05:03 PM
For the newer OS version, to turn something on or off, you will just need to move the sliders left or right (green means on). So you will need to check if notifications are off in your device settings, as well as your game settings.

Jnny2good
06-12-14, 03:12 PM
I had settings off and notification center on. I like to keep the notification center on incase there are game-wide note pushes, but I don't care to have stuff "ready" notification. Why isn't is sufficient to turn it off in the game settings only?

[S8] Regina
06-12-14, 04:00 PM
The device Notification Center under the device settings, is your overall control: sounds, badges, the style type you want to be alerted.

In the game itself, turning on the notification means you can choose what you want to be notified of: crops, animals, etc.

If you turn everything off in the game, but leave the device Notification Center on, you will not receive game notifications. You will need to turn the game notifications on, as well as set your notifications style in the Notification Center (this is the Settings on your device).

driver1711
06-14-14, 07:05 AM
I finally got all push notifications stopped. It did take going to the Notification Center on both devices and turn everything off for FS2.

Jnny2good
06-14-14, 02:42 PM
I turned off FS in the notification center and I am still getting some notifications, but not as many. What's next? Uninstall-reinstall?

[S8] Regina
06-16-14, 01:53 PM
I turned off FS in the notification center and I am still getting some notifications, but not as many. What's next? Uninstall-reinstall?

Sorry about that! In the Notification Center, did you turn off Badge App Icon, Sounds, Show in Notification Center, and Show on Lock Screen, and set Alert Style to None?

Jnny2good
06-16-14, 10:28 PM
No, I just set alert style to none. Shouldn't that be sufficient? This is kinda silly.

[S8] Regina
06-17-14, 12:36 PM
Please note the Notification Center is an Apple feature, that is set for all apps on your device. It controls **all** notifications in all apps on your device. Your in-game notifications are something you choose what you want to be alerted of.

When you set the Alert style to none, that's just the style you want it (such as banners, etc).

When you **do not** want to receive text notifications, in the Notification Center, you will have to turn off "Show in Notification Center," and "Show in Lock Screen." You can also choose to turn off the rest, such as Badge App Icon (which shows you the number on the corner of your app, to let you know there is something) and Sounds.

This applies to all games and other apps in the App Store.

Currently I left the in-game notifications on in Farm Story 2, but turned off "Show in Notification Center," and "Show in Lock Screen" in the Notification Center, as well as set Alert Style to none. I do not receive any text notifications on my phone alerting me to check the game.

**If this is not the case, please let us know and we will investigate.**

bss18974
06-20-14, 08:12 AM
Along these same lines, it seems that the latest updates to Farm Story 2 ignore our settings for notifications and QUICK INVITES. It is automatically defaulting to notifications ON and QUICK INVITATIONS ---- ON. This is even though the previous settings were OFF!

Please, Team Lava, when you update these applications DO NOT CHANGE the current settings.

I have 4 farms, one on each of my 4 iOS devices. 3 of the farms are what I consider private... Meaning I use these farms only to store excess items like permits and tools. I also use these farms to produce items that tie up our shops like corn starch, etc and I have no neighbors on these farms so I can sell items from these farms to my "big" farm with less chance that someone will find my items on sale from these farms. Yet, suddenly, I have people asking me to accept them as neighbors.... And I do not have my id listed on the farms or anywhere else and had quick invites set to OFF! Then, suddenly after the latest updates, I start getting member requests from people....

Sorry, but this should not be that way.

[S8] Regina
06-23-14, 01:59 PM
Along these same lines, it seems that the latest updates to Farm Story 2 ignore our settings for notifications and QUICK INVITES. It is automatically defaulting to notifications ON and QUICK INVITATIONS ---- ON. This is even though the previous settings were OFF!

Please, Team Lava, when you update these applications DO NOT CHANGE the current settings.

The team is aware of this and looking for a fix to the Quick Invite issues.

Please note the notification matter is still, a part of the Notification Center matter. It is something you have to toggle to see how you want to be notified, via the Notification Center. Thank you.