PDA

View Full Version : Stopping Eggs from hatching?

LavaRain8
06-07-14, 06:24 AM
I've been trying to get certain dragons for goals, but I keep getting the same ones over and over. Is there a way to cancel the hatching process if you see that the egg is not what you need? I hate to have to wait for breeding time, then have to turn around and wait for hatching time if it's not something I want. There doesn't seem to be any other option when you tap it but to move or speed it up with gold. And it's not like other story games where you can store these things either. Do we just have to suffer through the wait times if we don't get our rare breeds? :confused:

igames4me
06-07-14, 07:11 AM
you can only wait for the time to finish or speed up with gold.
no other way.. thats how tl makes their money by people buying gold to speed breed

MajicHearts
06-07-14, 08:16 AM
Maybe we can suggest TL to charge a gold amount to remove unwanted eggs...........?

jptheripper
06-07-14, 08:18 AM
they do, its the gold amount to speed up.

LavaRain8
06-07-14, 12:45 PM
Darn, just a huge waiting game. It'd be better if the times were shorter and/or you didn't need to do both breeding and hatching (somehow), but both...so much time. :(

Oh well, I do love that these darn things can't expire like in the other games, so I guess that's a decent tradeoff.

TinksThots
06-08-14, 01:35 PM
My birthday is in October. I started trying for a Libra dragon when she was first introduced last fall. I'd say roughly 70% of my total breeding since then has been trying to get her. Hope is fading that I'll have her by my birthday this year. I think my Leo may be defective. I never bothered counting my attempts, but I wish I had, out of sheer morbid curiosity.

In short: Fails suck. >:\

Whoever's in charge of the behind-the-scenes numbers either has an evil sense of humor, or has never actually played the game.

bexrexbex
06-09-14, 07:15 AM
My advice is save up your gold and buy a second nest.

SANDSCApe
06-09-14, 07:40 AM
What would be even better is the ability to cancel breeding WITHOUT having to place the unwanted egg on a nest then speed the hatching to get rid of it.
At present, every unwanted breed has to go through its wait time in BOTH the den and the nest. It would be really convenient if we could bypass the nesting when we know the breed is unwanted. TL can create that option without losing money -- just charge double gold to cancel breeding.
E.g. You have a 20-hour breed that you know will result in an unwanted dragon. Rather than empty a nest, speed the breeding for 20 gold, then speed the hatching for another 20 gold, then sell the egg, have the option to cancel the breeding for 40 gold, leaving any/all nests undisturbed.

Sparkly888
06-09-14, 08:05 AM
E.g. You have a 20-hour breed that you know will result in an unwanted dragon. Rather than empty a nest, speed the breeding for 20 gold, then speed the hatching for another 20 gold, then sell the egg, have the option to cancel the breeding for 40 gold, leaving any/all nests undisturbed.

Which is to say you are spending twice as much gold on something you DONT want. Can't see myself doing that.

I agree it's nice to have an extra nest just for that purpose. Sure I can end up getting 2 "fails" back to back, at which time unless I have something ready in the den that I know I want, I might speed the nest that takes the least amount of gold. So I can put my wanted egg on the nest.

Sure breeding is a waiting game. So is evolving, so is crafting, trading, expanding, farming, questing, building habitats.
Ummmmm..... It's a time management game.
The fact that stuff doesn't expire makes DS way more enjoyable than a lot of other time management based games.
I get way more frustrated with say Bakery Story when I come back to find that all my food has spoiled because I couldn't get back to it in time. Or forgot.

I get impatient with DS sometimes too. But I can't blame that on the game. I chill out and do something else.

PineapplePigeon
06-09-14, 01:13 PM
The fact that stuff doesn't expire makes DS way more enjoyable than a lot of other time management based games.
I get way more frustrated with say Bakery Story when I come back to find that all my food has spoiled because I couldn't get back to it in time. Or forgot.
So true! This, and the fact that we have adorable dragons (:rolleyes:), is the reason why DS is my favorite TL game!

LavaRain8
06-09-14, 03:41 PM
Sure breeding is a waiting game. So is evolving, so is crafting, trading, expanding, farming, questing, building habitats.
Ummmmm..... It's a time management game.

I get impatient with DS sometimes too. But I can't blame that on the game. I chill out and do something else.

I think we are all aware that it's a time management game. But what's also factored into this particular game is the RNG that determines what you get. In the other games, you know that you're cooking recipe X, you will have it ready in X amount of time. If you crossbreed pet A with pet B, you will get pet C after X amount of time. With the eggs/breeding in DS, you have no earthly idea. And if you see the fail coming, you have no choice but to wait for it to be ready only to be potentially disposed of immediately.

I think the non-expiring aspect is the only saving grace for it, because had it been where things still expired, this game would be highly disliked all across the board, I'd imagine. This way, it somewhat lessens the blow of having to be left at the mercy of "luck". They all can't work the same and I suppose it can be a good thing that it's different, for some. In the end, the game is whatever it's going to be, so you just have to take it or leave it. :/

Sparkly888
06-09-14, 05:53 PM
Well I have 2 Sapphire Dragons, 2 Emerald Dragons, 3 Pearl Dragons an Amethyst and a Topaz Dragon that I crafted from gems from trading in fails. I have enough to craft 3 Ruby Dragons but they don't earn enough to interest me.
And in breeding for Porcelain, out of 58 breeding cycles I got 3 of them.
I am hatching my 5th Winter in a row and the timer on the breeding den says 12 hours again.

And because my husband and I breed canaries I know that breeding for a specific color is about 10 times as difficult as breeding for a specific dragon in DS.
And there are other issues associated with breeding that DS doesn't throw at us. It would totally take the fun out of it.

So breeding in DS is way easier than in real life.
And in real life canary breeding I don't have a game developer to complain to. I can adjust my strategy which may or may not work.

K. Rant over.

chalupa2030
06-09-14, 06:55 PM
In the end, the game is whatever it's going to be, so you just have to take it or leave it. :/

And there ya have it. Quite simple, really.:)