PDA

View Full Version : WHAT THE HECK? "this item is being modified, try again later?" on GEMS....

Unregistered
01-21-11, 02:43 PM
I just got a message stating "This item is being modified, please try again later" when attempting to purchase some gems....

What does this mean?

AND If/When I "Try again later" is my itunes account going to be charged twice?

I wanted some more gems while they were still on sale :(

Unregistered
01-21-11, 02:55 PM
Thanks Norman, I did that already and no luck :( I have a new iphone4, been playing this game for about a month, was the error message NOT from the game itself?

emmysbistro

Unregistered
01-21-11, 03:28 PM
Thanks Norman, I did that already and no luck :( I have a new iphone4, been playing this game for about a month, was the error message NOT from the game itself?

emmysbistro

I had the same problem when I switched to my new iphone 4.
Make sure on your phone to go to settings and store. view apple ID. You should then get your account on your phone.
Make sure you put in your security code for the credit card you have on file with itunes.

Once I did this, it validated that my phone could purchase items, and I have not not had a problem since.

Hope this helps you.

Kooky P

Unregistered
01-21-11, 04:22 PM
If what you are saying is correct Norman, that is really not nice. Every other game app I have releases cool updates on Fridays, so we have them for the weekend. Not Team Lava-they are going to take the Gem Sale away and jack them back up to the ridiculous prices on Friday afternoon, when we are getting ready to relax with our games on the weekend. Like the OP, I have been trying to buy Gems since 11AM Pacific time, getting the same message. The sale price has remained all day though and it should be honored!!!! I have been trying to buy them ALL day!! How long does it take to remove the ONLY game incentive we have-6 hours?? And why, oh why, do this mid afternoon on Friday? They can sure update those Gem prices, but at Level 75 I have had nothing new to prepare for months and we are still stuck with Christmas decor if we are desperate to redecorate. TL should be ashamed!! THIS is what they call an update-restoring the Gems back to their exorbitant prices.

Unregistered
01-21-11, 05:17 PM
So I have been on Bakery Story trying to buy TL's precious gems for more than 8 hours and still getting the same We Are Modifying message. this has nothing to do with my devices. They have been rebooted without success. People get paid on Friday- feeling rich, they want to buy gems! What is the problem??????????????????????????

Unregistered
01-21-11, 07:06 PM
Brilliant idea! I did purchase a lot of Gems when they went on sale, around $100 per week actually. That condescending answer you gave to a previous poster really is not the point! WHAT will TL do to compensate us for the aggravation? I have been trying to purchase all day too, as have many of my friends! If you have any, any pull whatsoever, ask them to leave them on sale one more day! Funny you'd recommend buying them when they first go on sale! Ha Ha TL cries wolf!! We got used to the untruthful message saying every day was the last day-for a month!! Unfair!!

Unregistered
01-21-11, 07:43 PM
I just got back on the forum to check to see if there are any answers WHY I keep getting this message YET....(I was the original poster)

Thank you above poster with the new iphone and itunes info troubleshooting.... :) I have all my info updated so thats not it :(

After reading Normans and others most recent posts, I understand the problem is with the GAME UPDATING and re issuing the cost of gems....thank you. Since I have been trying all day long to purchase them at the sale price, I will likely refrain when the update is complete, and they resume the full price for them....OH WELL

lucysfriend
01-24-11, 07:32 PM
Hi
I'm having a problem with a fellow member who has been writing on my wall threatening me. Over the last week the person has gotten increasingly more violent and I'm scared. I know this is just a game and I treat it as such but this person is very unstable.
I have sent emails 3 times to teanlava support but haven't gotten an answer. Please somebody help me. I enjoy playing this game but I'm thinking I might have to quit.

Unregistered
01-25-11, 12:31 AM
There's no way for them to know any of your personal information unless YOU tell them, so just ignore their posts and keep deleting them from your wall.

If for some reason you were dumb enough to give them your personal information, please tell your parents so they can help you. Teamlava isn't going to be able to do anything for you that your parents cannot.

Unregistered
01-25-11, 12:38 AM
I know how to add tables and such to the restaurant but how do I change the walls and the floors?

queenrocks77
01-25-11, 07:24 PM
I know how to add tables and such to the restaurant but how do I change the walls and the floors?

If you have an Android device, try updating your game.