PDA

View Full Version : Beat dragons for tournaments?!

bingoyo
06-05-14, 06:13 PM
Hey everyone, ive been doing kinda bad in this tournament so far and i think its because of my lack of good dragons to fight with. Im very curious as to which dragons are the best to use against other dragons so i can breed them and level them up. So if possible if u guys can list ur opinion of the top 15 dragons 1 being the best and 15 being a good dragon but not as good as number 14 . Im wondering if u guys can make ur lists without DIAMOND dragons and WITHOUT champion dragons ty:) i would really appreciate the help on my quest to finally beating a tourney!!

Clark_Wayne
06-05-14, 10:55 PM
There is no good or bad dragon, because battle arena is based on random.
You are lucky you pick the good one.
Like in the last tournament i use a Fire level 1 to beat a level 20 champion ! (Actually was a tip from one of my neighbor :D)
The only one thing you can do is to follow the color chart : using pink or black vs yellow and no red, for example.
You can find the color chart on wiki (you Google dragon Story and wiki)

AJImmer
06-05-14, 11:11 PM
When I was first trying to win tournaments without ultra rare dragons (i.e. diamond) I found my best dragon were the super rare Lightning (which I received as a Album award after I had 50 different dragons) and the super rare Aether. Next, I found that the unbreedable dragons that we get from mining or world events (previously summoning events) were very good battlers.

You need to identify your best dragons - super rare and/or unbreedables - and then focus on getting them to the highest levels as soon as possible. In my experience you need a good selection of level 9 and level 10 dragons. Later you will want to focus on fleshing out your stable of high level battling dragons to include a wide selection of colors so you can match up better against opponents.

Eventually, I advanced to the higher round of tournament that had a champion dragon as the tournament boss and I used gold to purchase ultimate attacks. The cost of 210 gold for "buying" the seven wins or so final wins I needed to win the champion was much cheaper than the cost of buying the champion dragon at the market. I got my first champion just a couple of months ago - the Razorback. After the first champion, the second was a little easier - meaning it cost a little less gold. Even now that I've breed three diamond-type dragons to level 10, I've still had to use gold to get past some stubborn opponents. I'm beginning to learn that these tournaments are never easy.

maguar
06-06-14, 02:09 AM
Please continue this discussion in the main thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?69296-Dragon-Tournament-Bronzetalon-on-6-3-2014-(IOS)) on this tournament.