PDA

View Full Version : Leveling up deep mines

mcsyndrome
06-05-14, 02:08 PM
I have 2 deep mines, one level 1, the other level 2. Do you guys think I should keep upgrading the level 2 mine to the max level before leveling the other mine, or is it better to upgrade both at the same time?

It seems like a trivial decision, but I'm torn!

a. If I upgrade both at the same time, then I get the benefit of reduced time to collection without spending as much resources (i.e. less marginal cost, economically speaking),
b. But I read somewhere that there is a quest that is only activated once you possess a level 5 deep mine, so maybe I should concentrate on upgrading one mine at a time.

What should I do? Thanks for your input!

doobievilla
06-05-14, 02:13 PM
Just get 1 to Level 5 unless you got crazy amount of built up resources.. there is a questline that requires a Lvl5 mine so get to work )

55lee55
06-05-14, 05:05 PM
Just get 1 to Level 5 unless you got crazy amount of built up resources.. there is a questline that requires a Lvl5 mine so get to work )

I try to do this with everything that I have the ability to get at least two of an item. I get both asap, but spend resources leveling one to Level 5. On items such as the Jewelers, I may have several in storage ready to pull out when needed, but the Level 5's usually stay out as part of my kingdom. Unfortunately I developed this playing strategy after my original strategy of expanding out first then building up, bit me in the back pocket several times.

I am at Level 47 now and I have changed my playing strategy multiple times as there are different styles, and each has good and less desirable points. I have learned mostly from others, that remaining flexible and being willing to tweak or change a playing strategy that worked well at one time but become less useful as you advance in the game while maintaining your individuality has ultimately worked the best for me. Like I said, I can't take credit for the idea because I learned it from many wise posters in the forum, but an important lesson is one you have already learned. If you can't find the answer, ask, because someone almost always knows.

I have found the mines to be one of the most reliable sources of many items. Good Luck!

roguebee
06-05-14, 05:23 PM
Upgrade one mine to Level 5. You will need it for The Blythewood Sapling Part 2. Start now as it will take a long while to make all the Magic Cement you will need.

tuskmage
06-05-14, 05:49 PM
Upgrade one mine to Level 5. You will need it for The Blythewood Sapling Part 2. Start now as it will take a long while to make all the Magic Cement you will need.

Skip that part with 25 gems, it's worth it; save lots of times and resources ;) I'm doing pretty ok with both of my deep mine at level 1.