View Full Version : Castle Story: 06/05/14 Update Three Lessons For Ivy

Pages : [1] 2 3

Aggwynn
06-05-14, 11:24 AM
Hi All,

Happy June!

1)Three Lessons For Ivy
To start this Quest you must complete "Wish You Were Here"
Summary: What does it mean to be a witch? Lady Greselda makes an offer. Ivy makes a decision.

Quest Titles:
A Little Persuasion
About Time
One Good Witch
Lesson One
Give Me A Break!
Lesson Two
Waiting On Lady Greselda
Decisions, Decisions
Lesson Three
You're Hot And You're Cold

2) Magic Fruit Tree
Available for purchase in the Market

Happy Questing all!
-Aggwynn and Glimmergate :cool:;)

Aggwynn
06-05-14, 11:25 AM
Edit(KP)(quest list provided by Shipower (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?69374-Castle-Story-06-05-Update-Three-Lessons-For-Ivy&p=914452&viewfull=1#post914452))

1.A Little Persuasion
Have some of Belladonna's Inscriptions x 5
Rewards: 2,900 Coins, 9 XP
NOTE: hold off on giving inscriptions to sister, sister until you've finished this

2.About Time
Visit Greselda's Castle x 3
Rewards: 1,700 Coins, 6 XP

3.One Good Witch
Tend Mushroom Patches x 20
Tend Ponds/Wells x 20
Battle Skunkpines x 3
Battle Fangbeast x 3
Tend Flowers x 20

4.Lesson One
Complete Lesson #1 x 1
*Lesson One: Mushrooms x 15, Rat tails x 5, Water x 10 (Potion Shop, 5mins)
Complete Lesson #1 x 2
Complete Lesson #1 x 3
(You only need to craft Lesson One three times)

5.Give Me A Break!
Write to Belladonna x 1
*Trade With Belladonna: Living Wood x 15, Mushrooms x 30, Rat Tails x 15 (Royal Exchange, 5Hrs)

6.Lesson Two
Complete Lesson #2 x 1
*Lesson Two: Bones x 5, Creep Tooth x 5, Mermaid Scales x 5 (Potion Shop, 10mins)
Complete Lesson #2 x 3
Complete Lesson #2 x 5
#You only need to craft Lesson Two five times)

7.Waiting On Lady Greselda
Visit Ivy's Hut x 3

8.Decisions, Decisions
Visit Greselda's Castle x 1

9.Lesson Three
Complete Lesson #3 x 1
*Lesson Three: Magic Fruit x 2, Floral Glow x 2, Faeries' Murmur x 2 (Potion Shop, 20mins)
Complete Lesson #3 x 3
Complete Lesson #3 x 6
(You only need to craft Lesson Three six times)

10.You're Hot And You're Cold
#Optional Quest, Timed: 2 Days#
Tend a Magic Fruit Tree x 1
*Buy Magic Fruit Tree from Market
Rewards: 20 Gems, 10 XP

Magic Fruit Tree: 120 Gems, Size 2x2, Tend 5 times to grow, 22Hrs to collect, drops Magic Fruit

I've reported that giving inscriptions to sister, sister is removing them from the count of a little persuasion. In the meantime hold off on giving the inscriptions to sister, sister until you've finished a little persuasion.

If anyone had an issue like Queenzod (had inscriptions in inventory, skipped a little persuasion and the sister,sister goal isn't recognising the inscriptions in the inventory) then please contact support@teamlava.com.

Anyuszko
06-05-14, 11:29 AM
Yipee! Here we go again, thank you TeamLava!

meme1098
06-05-14, 11:29 AM
Oh....30 more minutes, right?

esmerelda35
06-05-14, 11:30 AM
Yay!!!
Guessing we are going to need lots of magic fruit if there's a magic fruit tree available to purchase! Glad I learned my lesson during those timed quests in the fall where it asked for a bunch of magic fruit, as prior to that I always did the trade in the exchange as soon as I got six magic fruit. Now I hoard it.

meme1098
06-05-14, 11:32 AM
Yay!!!
Guessing we are going to need lots of magic fruit if there's a magic fruit tree available to purchase! Glad I learned my lesson during those timed quests in the fall where it asked for a bunch of magic fruit, as prior to that I always did the trade in the exchange as soon as I got six magic fruit. Now I hoard it.

Me too! I think I'm maxed now, so let's see what this quest needs.

sabahatmalik
06-05-14, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE=Aggwynn;914337]Hi All,

Happy June!

1)Three Lessons For Ivy
Summary: What does it mean to be a witch? Lady Greselda makes an offer. Ivy makes a decision.

Which one
was that quest? Can someone explain.

doobievilla
06-05-14, 11:38 AM
Belladonna

http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?68458

Anyuszko
06-05-14, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=Aggwynn;914337]Hi All,

Happy June!

1)Three Lessons For Ivy

Which one
was that quest? Can someone explain.

The last one, something about Belladonna. You do not have to complete the last step of it (Sister, Sister - where you have to handle 20 inscriptions), but the last before the last yes (this is where you handle one inscription)

sabahatmalik
06-05-14, 11:40 AM
Belladonna

http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?68458

Thank you friend.

pixieblob
06-05-14, 11:45 AM
Yay!!!

Probably. Typically i've done the fruit trade a couple of times this week so am running low.

jptheripper
06-05-14, 11:52 AM
I'm maxed on magic fruit since I stopped doing the trades.

CottageRose
06-05-14, 11:53 AM
Me too! I think I'm maxed now, so let's see what this quest needs.
Yep, I maxed mine after getting burnt last time. I have only been using them when I have 92, so... Hopefully there won't be anything else that is a real struggle. :)

puffindutch
06-05-14, 11:55 AM
Well, I for one are looking forward to this. Got Gems saved, buildings ready. Shops primed. Never spent anything for this game but have great fun with it, Priceless. Am in UK so know time schedules are different, no problem. May not hit all timed quests, just simply enjoying the fun of it. Fed up of people moaning, so you lost a few game resources which can be replaced, if not instantly. Chill, people are struggling to live out there, Cancer, Disease, and you moan about a few pence spent and lost....Your choice and tough if it goes wrong occasionally. TL are not out there to 'get you' .

brandonu
06-05-14, 11:56 AM
Probably. Typically i've done the fruit trade a couple of times this week so am running low.
The Grow Faeriebulb Seeds option from the greenhouse yields magic fruit for me at least 50% of the time. Some times it even drops 2.

vizbiz11
06-05-14, 11:56 AM
I haven't completed the Belladonna portion, but I'm working on it. Will I still be able to purchase the magic fruit tree? I'm not seeing it yet in the market.

jptheripper
06-05-14, 12:01 PM
First step, 5 belladonna inscriptions. BOOOOOO

vednir
5 inscriptions.. well that takes me to next week at least. Fortunately this means we'll have plenty of time to restock.

doobievilla
I hope thats a Joke

JayUK69
06-05-14, 12:03 PM
Really? 5 inscriptions as well as the 20 for the Sister Sister quest? Someone at TL is clearly taking the proverbial.

olcastle
06-05-14, 12:04 PM
5 inscriptions.. well that takes me to next week at least. Fortunately this means we'll have plenty of time to restock.

Please tell me it's a joke! I'm afraid to check by myself.

Castloninian
06-05-14, 12:05 PM
What a let-down... 5 inscriptions to start with is a big ask. But I hadn't given them to the other goal yet so have 9 in my inventory so thought, woohoo, nice job. But the goal is GET five inscriptions, so you need to make five new ones. That is going to take forever.

vednir
06-05-14, 12:06 PM
It would have made more sense if it counted the inscriptions already given to the sister, sister goal but once again TL strikes and reinforces the need to never partially complete goals.

jptheripper
06-05-14, 12:06 PM
13717 no joke. I hope they count for both

Castloninian
06-05-14, 12:07 PM
100 gems to skip, which I won't do.

youbugme
I'm gathering these have to be crafted as opposed to pulling them from your inventory? It won't allow me to give any. Anyone else have the same issue?

FlowerBurst
Oh, my--and the five I already gave do not even count! I wonder if that means 25 total, or will the new ones count for both?!

Just read posts that were submitted at the same time as mine--my question was answered--must be new! Yikes! it takes forever to get enough for one inscription! I just hope new ones will count for both!

olcastle
Why are you hate us so much, TL?

dragoniakingdom
06-05-14, 12:08 PM
Seeing I only managed 1/20 for the sister,sister quests....guess I will start this quest in 2 years.

belbar22
What a huge disappointment. I am averaging less than 1 inscription a week so another quest that will sit in my book for weeks and nothing to focus on this week. :(

We definitely need more sources of shards and fragments.

pixieblob
Boo :(

meme1098
13717 no joke. I hope they count for both

Nope...I have 4 at present and none are going towards the goal since I gave them to the Sister, Sister goal. 5????? Really???? All this time since the other goal started & I only have 4. So there's another 2 months or more!

Castloninian
Oh well, at least now I can tend to my kingdom again.

TL, if you are placing such a big emphasis on inscriptions then you really need to rethink the glimmer shard and fragment drops. You can have lots of conservatories for seed and fertiliser but glimmer bits are just too rare to be needed this much. I collect from the glimmergate lots during the day and the drops are abysmal.

meme1098
06-05-14, 12:11 PM

TL, if you are placing such a big emphasis on inscriptions then you really need to rethink the glimmer shard and fragment drops. You can have lots of conservatories for seed and fertiliser but glimmer bits are just too rare to be needed this much. I collect from the glimmergate lots during the day and the drops are abysmal.

Maybe if they were guaranteed and at least 2 of each at each collection. Then the goals might be attainable within the next year.

And here I built another greenhouse thinking something new would be crafted there. SMH & muttering under my breath.

Castloninian
06-05-14, 12:11 PM
I mean just now I got one shard from Greselda's castle. You can only collect once a day. One shard. Boohoo.

dragon2046
06-05-14, 12:12 PM

I agree. I'm confused why such a long term goal again. We don't have the fragments and shards to get sister sister done Why couldn't they have the scripts we have already done apply to this? Love the game don't mean to complain but wasn't expecting this.

mcwrapper
06-05-14, 12:13 PM
100 gems to skip, which I won't do.

I disagree. 100 gems was worth it. I had 330 in back stock. I can make that back up in two to three weeks.

Remember to download the games they suggest.

Chriscat9
06-05-14, 12:16 PM

Agreed! I only average 1 inscription a week or maybe less. I also collect from the glimmergate frequently. Please adjust the drop rates. Also, at the moment I have 9 glimmertraps, 8 raffia and no pitcher plants. The drops from crafting seem lopsided.

dragon2046
I disagree. 100 gems was worth it. I had 330 in back stock. I can make that back up in two to three weeks.

Remember to download the games they suggest. Play them for little bit and you will have 45 gems. Or just install it and get 30.
That would be great and I do download games when they are offered but that doesn't happen much for me any more.

paisdelasmaravillas
As Other times, I need to close and reload the game

Castloninian

Remember to download the games they suggest. Play them for little bit and you will have 45 gems. Or just install it and get 30.
I know but I don't like skipping goals and I like to spend the gems I have on new things. I'd rather have a mithril dragon or a living wood tree. Besides, if the first step is 5 inscriptions then I hate to think what might come next... 100 gems might be the beginning of a slippery slope.

Anyway, it's all personal as to how you like to play the game. Me, I am frugal with my gems.

bobbo26
Step 2:
Visist Greselda 3 x

Step 3: (Click means not from inventory, just like craft)
Click 20 Mushrooms
Click 20 Ponds
**** 3 Skunkpines
**** 3 Fangbeasts
Click 20 flowers

Step 4:
Brew lesson one (Potion Shop)
15 mushrooms, 5 rat tails, 10 water - 5 mins (you need to do this x3)

Step 5:
Trade with belladonna (royal exchange one that's already there)
15 living wood, 30 mushrooms, 15 rat tails - 5 hours

Step 6:
Brew lesson two:
5 bones, 5 creep tooth, 5 mermaid scales - 10 mins ( you have to do it 5x)

step 7:
Check ivy house x3

Step 8:
Visit Greselda

Step 9:
Brew Lesson 3
2 magic fruit, 2 floral glow, 2 Faeries Murr - 20 mins (You have to do it 6 times)

step 10:
Tend a magic fruit tree x1
(REWARD IS 20 GEMS) (I stopped here since I don't need tree)

mcwrapper
06-05-14, 12:17 PM
Once you finish the new quest the 5 you make for it can be added to the sister sister quest.

sweetsatisfactions
06-05-14, 12:17 PM
Boo :(
This sucks! Was excited. Now bummed! TL wants us to spend a 100 gems to skip to make money.

meme1098
06-05-14, 12:18 PM
I know but I don't like skipping goals and I like to spend the gems I have on new things. I'd rather have a mithril dragon or a living wood tree. Besides, if the first step is 5 inscriptions then I hate to think what might come next... 100 gems might be the beginning of a slippery slope.

Anyway, it's all personal as to how you like to play the game. Me, I am frugal with my gems.

Same here. Not spending 100 gems to skip when I could use them on a useful item.

Thanks, bobbo. There's no use spending the gems when you get stuck 3 more days visiting Greseldas castle next.

zoeee87
06-05-14, 12:19 PM

Now I'm contemplating skipping this. You make a good point. I have 540 gems.. I'm hoarding them for no reason.. I don't want to give up 5 inscriptions for this.. Oh geez.. What to do... :)

HistoryGirl7
06-05-14, 12:20 PM
Crud. Why can't we use the ones we already have?

CottageRose
06-05-14, 12:21 PM
Well this will bring me to screeching halt. Nothing to do but collect the same hard to get glimmer shards and fragments, craft random dark plants and hope for the best. Sigh...

mcwrapper
Now I'm contemplating skipping this. You make a good point. I have 540 gems.. I'm hoarding them for no reason.. I don't want to give up 5 inscriptions for this.. Oh geez.. What to do... :)

You can add the five to the sister sister quest afterwords. Win win.

Castloninian
What do people think of the magic fruit tree for 120 gems? I'm not sure whether I need it as currently there isn't a big demand for magic fruit? The main thing that uses them is the exchange and it is optional as to whether you do those exchanges.

bobbo26

Just FYI -- the 100 gem skip give you 5 Inscriptions that used for both quests so by pay for the 5 skip you also get 5 added to sister sister.

vednir
06-05-14, 12:22 PM
step 10:
Tend a magic fruit tree x1
(REWARD IS 20 GEMS) (I stopped here since I don't need tree)

Does this mean we have to buy one or the step 9 reward is a magic fruit tree?

meme1098
06-05-14, 12:22 PM

Next step.- see Bobbi's post above- you visit Greseldas castle 3 times so no rush anyways since that takes 3 days.

zoeee87
06-05-14, 12:23 PM

That is a win win! Thanks!

Castloninian

I suppose at least you get something for your 100 gems. But it is still too much for me personally.

zoeee87
Next step.- see Bobbi's post above- you visit Greseldas castle 3 times so no rush anyways since that takes 3 days.

I saw that right after I posted my comment.. You are absolutely correct! Thanks! :)

littlebridge
06-05-14, 12:24 PM
I just sent for an inscription last night!! Doh!! :)

ciarjen
06-05-14, 12:24 PM
I've just done a trade and got an inscription earlier today but even though it is in my inventory it doesn't count.

I've only got 2 of the ultra rare drop plant, can't remember the name but begins with an R - and it took me months to get those. So how am I going to get 5 of them??

Confused :confused:

bobbo26
06-05-14, 12:25 PM
What do people think of the magic fruit tree for 120 gems? I'm not sure whether I need it as currently there isn't a big demand for magic fruit? The main thing that uses them is the exchange and it is optional as to whether you do those exchanges.

The tree is not worth it.... not many items use it and there other trades in Royal exchange that are better. Unless they make a new use for fruit it's not worth the cost... your better off with another pergola or something useful.

my607
06-05-14, 12:26 PM
This update starts out horrible I just gave my 4 inscriptions and now 5. You must be kidding me. Not looking forward to this week update.

zoeee87
06-05-14, 12:27 PM
Just FYI -- the 100 gem skip give you 5 Inscriptions that used for both quests so by pay for the 5 skip you also get 5 added to sister sister.

Ok.. Just to clarify... If I pay the 100 gems I will get 5 inscriptions that I can use on the sister sister quest? Thanks!

Castloninian
06-05-14, 12:28 PM
The tree is not worth it.... not many items use it and there other trades in Royal exchange that are better. Unless they make a new use for fruit it's not worth the cost... your better off with another pergola or something useful.

My thoughts exactly.

By the way, thanks for letting us know what is coming (for me, in many weeks' time!). I am curious as to how many gems it cost to skip through it all? Are you willing to tell?

fesxdgdgsgfb
06-05-14, 12:31 PM
Anybody having trouble getting glimmer trap plants? I get one out of about every 8 plants grown, and as others have written, I can't collect the resources quickly enough to grow sufficient plants. I haven't even collected 1/20 of the inscriptions.

kudukuda
06-05-14, 12:33 PM

In another thread aggwynn said the greenhouse will be getting some love soon. So maybe something there will need magic fruit. In anycase i am waiting with this buy, and not only because i dont yet have enough gems.... :)

Anyuszko
Dont be angry people. This quest runs to nowhere, there is really no need to hurry. From this point, inscriptions counts twice for both quests.

For the last,step it is the same as it was with griseldas fountain; if you buy the magic tree at the end of the questline you get 20'gems back as a discount..

bobbo26
My thoughts exactly.

By the way, thanks for letting us know what is coming (for me, in many weeks' time!). I am curious as to how many gems it cost to skip through it all? Are you willing to tell?

Think it like 200ish for the whole thing... most skips after the 100 were cheap or I just picked the cheaper way... don't really pay attention to it... its on my kids account... my account I play normal.

jptheripper
06-05-14, 12:36 PM

Now this is worth considering

Seriously700
06-05-14, 12:38 PM

TL could also increase the drop rate of shards, fragments, dark seeds and dark plants from Greselda's garden. Twice in the last few days I only received coins and 1 mushroom! Very weak for something with a 10 hour collection time!

bobbo26
06-05-14, 12:40 PM
In another thread aggwynn said the greenhouse will be getting some love soon. So maybe something there will need magic fruit. In anycase i am waiting with this buy, and not only because i dont yet have enough gems.... :)
They always stated gem only items will never be used in the main quest line so I don't think it will ever be a good item to have when most people have max magic fruit. If you don't have a lot of fruit then maybe this item is for you.

tanbi1
06-05-14, 12:42 PM
Once you finish the new quest the 5 you make for it can be added to the sister sister quest.

What if you used gems to skip, do you still get 5 inscriptions added?

bobbo26
06-05-14, 12:42 PM
Now this is worth considering
it's only good if there is another quest after sister sister which I doubt there is.... if there is, it's a good price... if there not you just have one less thing to do until a new quest comes out.

kooky panda
06-05-14, 12:43 PM
I also have already given my 4 little inscriptions to the sister sister goal. :(

shipower
06-05-14, 12:44 PM
1.A Little Persuasion
Get some of Belladonna's Inscriptions x 5
(You need to collect the trade in order to register for the goal, you do not give the inscriptions.)

2.About Time
Visit Greselda's Castle x 3

3.One Good Witch
Tend Mushroom Patches x 20
Tend Ponds/Wells x 20
Battle Skunkpines x 3
Battle Fangbeast x 3
Tend Flowers x 20

4.Lesson One
Complete Lesson #1 x 1
*Lesson One: Mushrooms x 15, Rat tails x 5, Water x 10 (Potion Shop, 5mins)
Complete Lesson #1 x 2
Complete Lesson #1 x 3
#You only need to craft Lesson One three times)

5.Give Me A Break!
Write to Belladonna x 1
*Trade With Belladonna: Living Wood x 15, Mushrooms x 30, Rat Tails x 15 (Royal Exchange, 5Hrs)

6.Lesson Two
Complete Lesson #2 x 1
*Lesson Two: Bones x 5, Creep Tooth x 5, Mermaid Scales x 5 (Potion Shop, 10mins)
Complete Lesson #2 x 3
Complete Lesson #2 x 5
#You only need to craft Lesson Two five times)

7.Waiting On Lady Greselda
Visit Ivy's Hut x 3

8.Decisions, Decisions
Visit Greselda's Castle x 1

9.Lesson Three
Complete Lesson #3 x 1
*Lesson Three: Magic Fruit x 2, Floral Glow x 2, Faeries' Murmur x 2 (Potion Shop, 20mins)
Complete Lesson #3 x 3
Complete Lesson #3 x 6
#You only need to craft Lesson Three six times)

Magic Fruit Tree: 120 Gems, Size 2x2, Tend 5 times to grow, 22Hrs to collect, drops Magic Fruit

edit(KP) Added to Post 2

doobievilla
06-05-14, 12:44 PM
What if you used gems to skip, do you still get 5 inscriptions added?

You quoted the answer

Seriously700
06-05-14, 12:46 PM
I'm maxed on magic fruit since I stopped doing the trades.

I'm curious - for those of you who don't do the magic fruit trade, what do you do with all the glimmerbulbs you collect from ivy, magic garden and purple cow? I don't plant them anymore, but they do seem to accumulate quickly.

Castloninian
06-05-14, 12:47 PM
I'm curious - for those of you who don't do the magic fruit trade, what do you do with all the glimmerbulbs you collect from ivy, magic garden and purple cow? I don't plant them anymore, but they do seem to accumulate quickly.

I just let them max out. I do do the magic fruit trade occasionally, but like to keep 50 magic fruit at any time.

Luna48
06-05-14, 12:50 PM
FYI when you skip step #1 for the 100 gems, you do not get 5 inscriptions added to your content. You just get to skip the requirement to get 5. I just skipped and did not get an additional 5 inscriptions. It was worth it to me to skip - I had the gems. Accruing the plants necessary to make the inscriptions has been incredibly slow. I don't really pay much attention because the glimmer fragments are so rare. This quest line has been quite boring.

bobbo26
06-05-14, 12:51 PM
I also have already given my 4 little inscriptions to the sister sister goal. :(

its a craft not give, even if you had them they wouldn't count.

Queenzod
So, my understanding is that current inscriptions you have NOT given don't count. I have 3 or 4 in inventory and they're not showing up. So this is from scratch.

I just put another trade in, but if I skip with gems I can end up with six inscriptions toward the sister, sister goal. If I wait to collect from my exchange, I'll only be down 80 gems but have five inscriptions.

Hmmm....gems or inscriptions?

This basically seems like a way to buy five extra inscriptions with gems. Or, you have the painfully slow, torturous route of making them all with crummy drop rates.

Nothing can dampen my mood today! I got an Ali horn from an adventure today! So I'm cooking up another beastie in my love shack! Apologies to those of you who can't make Ali's. They really need A Return of the Love Shack.

jaybay1147
I just got the lv. 1 garden.

Finding the Burning Ember put me so far behind two of the storylines.

(The main, and the Blythewood Sapling quest line)

gdmcrjunkie

They sit around, maxed out. I can't keep up with the strawberry cost of that trade and there's no other use for glimmerbulbs, so. The same is true for magic fruit as well.

JayUK69
06-05-14, 12:53 PM
Tend magic fruit tree? So much for not having to buy gems to be able to continue with main game quests. Oh well, once I have used up the free remaining gems from downloading the games I'm deleting the game. It's just become a complete joke. And having this straight after loads of players got fleeced on the egg glitch is just taking the mick.

mcwrapper
06-05-14, 12:57 PM
FYI when you skip step #1 for the 100 gems, you do not get 5 inscriptions added to your content. You just get to skip the requirement to get 5. I just skipped and did not get an additional 5 inscriptions. It was worth it to me to skip - I had the gems. Accruing the plants necessary to make the inscriptions has been incredibly slow. I don't really pay much attention because the glimmer fragments are so rare. This quest line has been quite boring.
Yes you do. On sister sister click to add those 5 you got for skipping.

jptheripper

This seems contrary to what others have said

Anyuszko
Tend magic fruit tree? So much for not having to buy gems to be able to continue with main game quests. Oh well, once I have used up the free remaining gems from downloading the games I'm deleting the game. It's just become a complete joke. And having this straight after loads of players got fleeced on the egg glitch is just taking the mick.

Slow down man. You dont have to buy magic tree. It is the same like griseldas fountain was. If you Buy, you get 20 gem discount thru quest

cad33
Ugh. I'd already given 5 scripts to the other quest... now I need to give 5 to this one? When I started I had enough stuff plants to make 3 scripts. I was near max on my stock to make plants and I burned through it and even though I'm replacing that stock as quick as possible, I'm always at the bottom, making a plant as soon as possible. Still that entire stock only got me 2 more scripts. For plants, I current hold: 19, 1, 15. It's the middle set that is ****ing me. And even though I generally place 3-5x PER DAY... I'm able to make less than 1 script PER WEEK.

I'm glad this quest isn't timed because it'll be late summer before I'm finished.

Ps. After the trade fiasco quest... I now stock pile everything except when I'm working through a known given quest so I have 80+ magic fruit right now.

bobbo26

Go to sister sister tab and hit give.... it will go up by 5.

Castloninian
06-05-14, 12:58 PM

I imagine that last goal will just expire after 24 hours or something. I don't think they are forcing you to buy the tree, but if you do it by the deadline you get a discount on it (100 gems instead of 120).

puffindutch
06-05-14, 12:58 PM
Well, take back what I said. Happy for Sister, Sister goal to sit there and work towards. Only managed 1 inscription thing in over a month, this new one will take forever. Why have 2 similair goals. Bored now, will plod along doing my own little goals. Aiming for 50 lemonade, Orange and Apple pies...

susbebe
06-05-14, 12:59 PM
I think it's okay. Nice whit a quest whit no time limit.
It's summer and a lot of other stuff to do.
I buy the magic fruit tree, I think it's pretty and think we going to need the magic fruit for nex week.
And it give time to restore you invorty after last week crazy dragons quest, did over 75 adventure to get the 3 dragons.
But need a better drop rate for glimmer shard TL plz plz plz. :rolleyes:

Beleriand
06-05-14, 12:59 PM
Hmmmm this seems like it's going to be a long haul......thank goodness it's not timed! Hunker down people and start collecting those shards. I must admit skipping for 100 gems does have its appeal. Gotta sleep on that one.

Anyuszko
06-05-14, 01:00 PM
So, my understanding is that current inscriptions you have NOT given don't count. I have 3 or 4 in inventory and they're not showing up. So this is from scratch.

I just put another trade in, but if I skip with gems I can end up with six inscriptions toward the sister, sister goal. If I wait to collect from my exchange, I'll only be down 80 gems but have five inscriptions.

Hmmm....gems or inscriptions?

This basically seems like a way to buy five extra inscriptions with gems. Or, you have the painfully slow, torturous route of making them all with crummy drop rates.

Nothing can dampen my mood today! I got an Ali horn from an adventure today! So I'm cooking up another beastie in my love shack! Apologies to those of you who can't make Ali's. They really need A Return of the Love Shack.

Well thru trades now an inscription counts double now. Also, you can think for this quest as a speeder for the previous one, for 100 gems you can go ahead (both quests)

Beleriand
06-05-14, 01:02 PM
Well, take back what I said. Happy for Sister, Sister goal to sit there and work towards. Only managed 1 inscription thing in over a month, this new one will take forever. Why have 2 similair goals. Bored now, will plod along doing my own little goals. Aiming for 50 lemonade, Orange and Apple pies...

Yes spending time in the kitchen does seem more productive :)

kudukuda
06-05-14, 01:02 PM
They always stated gem only items will never be used in the main quest line so I don't think it will ever be a good item to have when most people have max magic fruit. If you don't have a lot of fruit then maybe this item is for you.

Naaaah, i'd rather save my gems for fun stuff like the fortune tent or alicorn. Anything i can get thru playing the game regularly, i'd rather skip. Dont have mermaid pond or living wood tree either. Have all the time in the world to collect those as well as magic fruit.

DrP4ever
06-05-14, 01:03 PM
Another un achievable quest. Guess it is time to bow out. I've enjoyed the game but since it will take at least 6 months to get 5 inscriptions or more. Don't have money for gems. No free ones in a very long time. Still trying to pay off hospital bills from 3 years ago so this was a fun diversion. Sad because I really have enjoyed the game.

55lee55
06-05-14, 01:03 PM
No, it doesn't appear to be a joke. And the inscriptions already given in Sister, Sister don't seem to count.

I hope this is not required for the main story line because I doubt I will be going any further than where I am sitting now for a long time.

Please, someone from TL let us know if what was a long term quest three weeks ago has suddenly turned into a requirement for the main story line. I loved it as a long term quest. I take back all of my support for it if it goes where it appears to be heading with today's update.

I don't recall ever being so disillusioned so soon after an update, or really ever this disillusioned about any update since I started playing this game.

Do we really have to craft another 5 Dark Plant Trades before we can move on? Normally I would pay the gems to skip it but this is like rubbing salt in the wounds of people who struggled with it as a long term quest and while I wasn't one of them and was firmly on the side of letting this quest simmer on the back burner, when I saw this come up I couldn't believe it and was hoping it was a joke. It doesn't appear to be a joke. :(

I came here to see if anything follows this demand for 5 inscriptions or if it isn't done, we move on to the next step. I don't see any indication of that happening at this point and don't kick me everyone if something has changed while I was typing this.

I will check back later to see if this whole thing can be ignored because I was happy enough to have it as a long term quest, and would be accepting of it although disappointed a bit in TL giving in to those who don't like long term quests, but since exchanges already done (I think I may have 8 finished) don't count, this looks to be working into another two thousand post thread and when that happens it is impossible for me to keep up with it all and I will be looking for a new game to play until this one calms down and becomes fun again. Sorry but seeing the demand for an additional 5 inscriptions sucked the fun right out of this game for me today, and while I am sure it will be straightened out eventually because TL always comes through, this was just too much to ask from me on top of a month of confusion, angry posts and accusations.

I will step back for a while and let it all be worked out, but I really regret topping off my gem supply yesterday because I won't be buying my way through this one. I could have used that money on something new and exciting somewhere else, but it will keep until this gets straightened out because there is nothing new or exciting to me here in a demand for 5 more inscriptions at this point, sorry.

Have at it folks. I won't be further involved in this one until it gets straightened out which I am sure it will eventually.

At this point, I am not even going to attempt it, and will send my occasional inscriptions to Belladonna as I have been doing.

robino23
06-05-14, 01:04 PM
100 gems for 5 inscriptions that count towards Sister, Sister? That was a deal for me!

doobievilla
06-05-14, 01:07 PM
I hope we get a option to remove this Quest if it's only ending is a discount.

Queenzod
06-05-14, 01:09 PM
Well thru trades now an inscription counts double now. Also, you can think for this quest as a speeder for the previous one, for 100 gems you can go ahead (both quests)

Ya, that was my thought, too. It's a leg up if you can afford the gems. I have gobs of them, but I'm very tightfisted so I'm still thinking about it. I've got like zilch in dark plant stocks so I won't be able to do another trade for about a week or ten days, given the drop rates of glimmerbits.

I think this update is fine. Once you get past the first hurdle, it seems very easy. After the last two weeks, I'm enjoying something that is brainless and pretty stress-free. There's no time limit, so who cares if the goal sits there for months? (Well, I'm sure there are people who *do* care! but I'm not one of them, lol).

Hang in there, peeps! Remember it's supposed to be fun!

tanbi1
06-05-14, 01:14 PM
Not sure if I have a glitch, (well another one, as I clearly have an Alicorn glitch, but I digress) I pressed skip,100 gems, on the 'little persuasion' quest, and a convo came up, ivy offering Griselda 5 inscriptions now, and the rest as and when.....
But now the gems haven't gone, and the quest is still there? Too scared to press it again?

Castloninian
06-05-14, 01:14 PM
Now we know the five inscriptions are part of the twenty it doesn't seem so bad. As in, just keep plugging away at the twenty and you will get there eventually. I do think it was a shame they didn't let previously received inscriptions count, that would have made a lot more sense to me.

zoo123g
06-05-14, 01:15 PM
what are you guys doing with the first part? skipping it with gems? or gonna maybe wait months for random plant drops from the greenhouse? have you bought the magic fruit tree?

meme1098
06-05-14, 01:16 PM
No, it doesn't appear to be a joke. And the inscriptions already given in Sister, Sister don't seem to count.

I came here to see if anything follows this demand for 5 inscriptions or if it isn't done, we move on to the next step. I don't see any indication of that happening at this point and don't kick me everyone if something has changed while I was typing this.

2 players have already gemmed through the quest and all steps are now posted on page 1 so you can see what's next.

tanbi1
06-05-14, 01:19 PM
Oh I see. Ty. Phew. :/

meme1098
06-05-14, 01:20 PM
what are you guys doing with the first part? skipping it with gems? or gonna maybe wait months for random plant drops from the greenhouse? have you bought the magic fruit tree?

I'm not skipping. My gems are not there for skipping through goals. It will just take me months to complete. I just gotta remember not to give any of them to the sister, sister goal before getting the first 5. Who knows they could disappear and then I'd have to start all over again with this quest. Boy, this is one cruel joke on TLs part. Still waiting for the fix, too, that was supposed to be days ago.

Luna48
06-05-14, 01:24 PM
Yes you do. On sister sister click to add those 5 you got for skipping.
I had 7 inscriptions in my inventory. I used gems to skip step#1. I still had only 7 inscriptions in my inventory. I went to "Sister Sister" and clicked to add to that goal. It added 7 inscriptions from my inventory. I did not get 5 inscriptions by paying 100 gems to skip step #1. I'm glad if some players get 5 inscriptions by paying the 100 gems. I did not.

kooky panda
06-05-14, 01:40 PM
I skipped with gems also with no problems, but I didn't have any scripts in inventory I already pressed them in the sister sister goal.
Same with me.

55lee55
06-05-14, 01:41 PM
2 players have already gemmed through the quest and all steps are now posted on page 1 so you can see what's next.

Thanks! But I see nothing that lets me bypass the 5 inscriptions unless I buy my way past it which I won't do for the principal of the thing. It makes even less sense to me that apparently buying the 5 inscriptions add them to the Sister, Sister quest because that was supposed to be a long term quest. I am even less happy that while the inscriptions already given under Sister, Sister don't count, but that the Inscription I had in my inventory doesn't count as well. Telling me that buying my way through will add 5 inscriptions to the long term Sister, Sister as well is even more distressing.

Am I the only one who was expecting us to pick up with the main story line where the story line is the most important part of the update, not throwing another reiteration of last month's same long term quest at us? This is not even a new long term quest! Recycling the same quest in less than a month looks to me like the ideas have run out and we are seeing the death throes of our favorite game. I hope that's not it. Time will tell. At this point I am not going to play this update because I don't have any faith in it.

Someone wake me up when we get back to the main story line. Thanks!

brandonu
06-05-14, 01:47 PM
This new quest line feels like a glitch. To start a quest line off with the same exact requirement as a long term goal is insanity. Without gems I won't be able to advance in the story line for at least a month, if not longer.

Extremely disenchanted at the moment. I honestly have no desire to play this game right now.

robino23
06-05-14, 01:55 PM
I understand the frustration, but this is just a mindless game we play to pass the time. I remember going about 6 months without ANY goals at all. It's not a contest. Just work in your kingdom, visit neighbors and enjoy. I love this game!

asikosan
06-05-14, 02:02 PM
WILL I GET 20 GEMS AT THE END OF THE QUEST IF I ALREADY BOUGHT THE TREE AND ITS FULLY GROWN???!!!:confused::(
IM SO UPSET

lordviv
06-05-14, 02:05 PM
Dear Team Lava

1. Some dumb free games to make up for gem count as this magic fruit tree seems part of a future goal in the June plan of action.

2. Some more free gems to cover for what's coming aka the possible extra flowers based building unless you meant possibly making change to the faerie respite. Which I'm hoping does not turn out as bad as the upgrade from early garden to final garden for Greselda.

3. Can we get a big jump in both drop rates for glimmer stuff from the gate and seeds from conservatories because both suck big time currently

4. More expansions at less than insane levels to get I.e 3-5 permits, yes kingdoms are manageable but we would like space for our citizens and since this is the virtual world and we and you can space out stuff to make all kingdoms worth spacing without real actual costs .. Can we have happier spaces, it does not have to feel like we live in Tokyo, Mumbai, New York. etc no

5. This quest and future challenges for June give me the impression that we should get better drop rates for both conservatories and glimmer bits and this should not end up another 120 gem purchase item for month 3 .. I.e July no

6. I agree patient users can eventually gather gems from adventures, hope for gem boosts installing other games that the baron asks, but its all cool if its not timed and the end outcome does not become dragons, barracks, fountain, etc and things like fish market which happens to classify as a crafting resource. That is pure outrageous ..

You folks have the right intent, you get stuff going to appease several players who don't have patience, who want to spend to cover up ground etc. but you need to have a better strategy to make money that allows your free players to grow with the flow

Disclaimer : I have paid for large gem sums on Castle Story. Because I thought it would help them as a startup.. Lol

kolakid
06-05-14, 02:07 PM
so sad
this was the one TL game that really seem to care about their players but suddenly seeming to be going the way of all TL games lately! nooooooooo

kolakid
06-05-14, 02:10 PM
Think everyone needs a break ... players as well as TL team!
So wanted this update to be stress free...

kooky panda
06-05-14, 02:14 PM
Hey guys, I moved the inscription issue posts to a new thread so I can report it.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?69385-Prior-Inscriptions-not-Counting-(sister-Sister-Goal-)&p=914511&viewfull=1#post914511

WAIT!

I ran into a problem. I had 3 inscriptions in inventory, had not yet hit the give button. I gemmed the new goal. I went to sister, sister and hit give. It registered the 5 I had just gemmed, but not the 3 I had in inventory. The ones in inventory are now gone and the give button is stuck at five. It just hornswoggled me out of 3 inscriptions.

I'm going to put in a support ticket, but for those of you contemplating this, don't do it yet!

kahleesi61
06-05-14, 02:15 PM
What a huge disappointment. I am averaging less than 1 inscription a week so another quest that will sit in my book for weeks and nothing to focus on this week. :(

We definitely need more sources of shards and fragments.

I have gotten 4 inscription trades so far and now 5 more! The 4 don't even count?! Waited all week and so disappointed! Takes a week just to get enough of the correct plant you need, usually longer and you need 10 of them! Definitely agree more sources of shards needed!

dragon2046
06-05-14, 02:19 PM
WILL I GET 20 GEMS AT THE END OF THE QUEST IF I ALREADY BOUGHT THE TREE AND ITS FULLY GROWN???!!!:confused::(
IM SO UPSET

I haven't got there yet but is says "tend" to a magic tree so I would think yes you will get the 20 gems.

zoo123g
06-05-14, 02:24 PM
well i bought the magic tree AND skipped the first step and then went on to give the tickets to belladonna and it jumped up to 9/20 :)

kolakid
06-05-14, 02:28 PM
thnx kooky. x

kolakid
06-05-14, 02:29 PM
:) thnx for taking up the issue

ghjvcucjb
06-05-14, 02:33 PM
Why are you hate us so much, TL?
LOL

Seeing I only managed 1/20 for the sister,sister quests....guess I will start this quest in 2 years.
ME TOO

We'll that would be great EXCEPT for many of us long term regular players, the game offers don't come very often anymore. I think I've had two in the past 6 months and the last one only had the download then disappeared. Be careful using your gems frivolously if you expect to replenish them with the game download options. At some point that will slow to a trickle and you may regret using gems so willy nilly.

That would be great and I do download games when they are offered but that doesn't happen much for me any more.
Exactly

I'm in the Same boat. Forgot there was a sister sister goal until today because it's ridiculously slow in my kingdom to get the random drop plants for the trade. Reminds me of the stupid valentine botany goal that took over a year to do.

oliverrr11
06-05-14, 03:08 PM
IM SO UPSET

If it is like greselda's fountain, which it seems like it is, then you will get your gems. I bought the fountain before I realized there was a goal that gave 20 gems for that, and when I got up to that part it gave me the 20 gems.

Beleriand
06-05-14, 03:13 PM
I wish there was a "shard tree" or a "rock outcrop" that would drop shards. I would buy one of those 'cause I'm fresh out of shards now.

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-05-14, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I thought *for SURE* we'd see a glimmer tree released with this week's update, that dropped shards & fragments ...& probably had a spoooooky face in it. Lol

zoo123g
06-05-14, 03:22 PM
any update Teamlava comes out with, its always awesome. :) so just relax. its just a game. no one forces you to buy gems. people will play their own way. so im just sick of reading about all the negative feedback. Teamlava is doing their best. its a fantastic game :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-05-14, 03:25 PM
Hey, lol, my feedback wasn't negative! ..was merely voicing a contemplation lol
That's allowed, right? :p

dragon2046
06-05-14, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I thought *for SURE* we'd see a glimmer tree released with this week's update, that dropped shards & fragments ...& probably had a spoooooky face in it. Lol

Love that idea. TL are u listening. Please please. :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-05-14, 03:45 PM
Um...is it just my iPad...or, why is the first post of this thread not from Aggwynn & from a whole other (shut down) thread??
(Am I seeing things? Lol)

dragon2046
06-05-14, 03:51 PM
Um...is it just my iPad...or, why is the first post of this thread not from Aggwynn & from a whole other (shut down) thread??

I did see that. I kind of thought it was put there to make a point. Not sure though.

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-05-14, 03:53 PM
I did see that. I kind of thought it was put there to make a point. Not sure though.
Lol, thx for verifying, thought it was just me ...looks like an 'oops' cuz I don't see a point LOL.
ok, carry on .... Lol

echowuuu
06-05-14, 03:59 PM
5 inscriptiom? What about for people almost done the 20 inscription goal? This is just not right! I m 15/20 I m sure there are people doing more than me.

LastDuchess
06-05-14, 04:21 PM
It took me forever to make two inscriptions and i gave them to sister sister, now i have to make five or skip with 100 gems, and what is the reward at the end of this quest? A tree that produces magic fruit!!! I am maxed on magic fruit and that is the job of the secret garden! So thx but no thx. I am not going to do this quest. I am disappointed bec i was looking for something exciting or at least worth the effort.

kooky panda
06-05-14, 04:28 PM

Because.... Kooky had a oopsy when moving some posts..
All fixed now!

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-05-14, 04:45 PM
Because.... Kooky had a oopsy when moving some posts..
All fixed now!

Lol, oops, no biggee... Just glad my iPad wasn't possessed lol. :)

dragon2046
06-05-14, 04:49 PM

Lol. :)

doobievilla
06-05-14, 04:52 PM

It might still be.. My posts come back from the grave.. hmm Zombie posts... ohh thats an idea.. love to see a Zombie stumbling around my kingdom.. Can click on him when he stops and he bursts out some weird dialogue.

dragon2046
06-05-14, 05:03 PM
It might still be.. My posts come back from the grave.. hmm Zombie posts... ohh thats an idea.. love to see a Zombie stumbling around my kingdom.. Can click on him when he stops and he bursts out some weird dialogue.

Maybe he could spit out some shards and fragments. :)

AVAL0NIAN
06-05-14, 05:09 PM
Just got one inscription out of 5 without using the exchange. But had one inscription in the inventory. Has something FHA ged?

shipower
06-05-14, 05:15 PM

Maybe the Goddess Tree can have a chance to drop Glimmer Plants?:rolleyes:

SpiritWind00
06-05-14, 05:24 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I don't know what TL just did, but I have 6 inscriptions in my inventory (which I still have), have not done another trade for plants, but I got the dialogue box saying I'd finished part 1 and now the goal has moved on to collecting from Greselda's house..... I did not do a plant trade, so perhaps it recognised what I have in inventory. I haven't given any inscriptions to the sister quest as i too have fallen for that before.

I'm happy, don't get me wrong, just a bit bewildered! Over to you Kooky!!!!!

zuma022
06-05-14, 05:34 PM
Huh? The goal just showed one inscription, but I haven't done anything. And then I gave it to sister sister and now it's gone again. Hopefully that means TL is changing something to make this doable this year.

KadeeDid
06-05-14, 05:36 PM
I had the same! I had 0 inscriptions as I had given my only one already. Just looked a bit ago and I have 1/5 showing. I had done an exchange but not the inscription one as I am having problems getting enough of the first plant. I have enough of the last 2 plants for about 4 inscriptions, I think.

Added:
Just checked and realized I did have 1 inscription showing in Sister Sister which was not given. It was not showing up in the new goal but is now. Maybe the same happened to you. I thought I must have given it as I had 0/5 but remembered I had not given any yet.

Count in new goal must have been fixed by TL. Sorry I have a migraine and cognitive issues due to it.

Just got one inscription out of 5 without using the exchange. But had one inscription in the inventory. Has something FHA ged?

CottageRose
06-05-14, 05:49 PM
Yes, I think an on the fly change was made. I have 2 inscriptions in inventory (not yet given to Sister, Sister quest) that weren't being counted before, and now it shows 2/5, with a lower skip cost of 60 gems.

I think I will hang tight for a bit and see how long it takes me to get enough dark plants of the right types and numbers for another inscription trade.

dalechristel
06-05-14, 06:06 PM
So they are going to get people on the technicality that if you have already given them, they won't count towards your five??? What a joke!!

jasren
06-05-14, 06:06 PM
I'm only almost up to sister sister quest, but still love the new update, hoping after there will be a black cat or something, that it continues with. Same with after sister sister, hope baladona will be a new character. It would be good to have some new ones....

But mainly...could we please get something like a glimmer dust trove but for glimmer fragments. If there could be a little adventure to get one (like trove, though I had a glitch and had to buy it as the skunkupine quest disappeared), and then you could buy additional ones like the glimmer troves??? That could be a quest on its own not with the sister sister, or new update- like once you've completed the glimmer gate, or castle, as that's the resource that's slowest for sister sister and this new goal?

DrP4ever
06-05-14, 06:14 PM
Yet another collection, one shard, one fragment. Takes 5 to make a seed. Rarely get enough seeds to make a plant. Then need 16, I think, plants per inscription. Boring!

jodi0122
06-05-14, 06:15 PM
I already gave 5 Inscriptions to Belladonna, took forever together enough plants for the trade. Now 5 more for this quest.. This is going to take forever. I already bought gems for the sparkling egg and the Mithril dragon as I wanted a complete set but I don't have any more gems to skip. Sigh...

my607
06-05-14, 06:24 PM
This inscription quest is going to take time . I always get the trap plant more than anything and last the pitcher plant which I need the most. I hate how this update started with inscriptions. Not exciting to me the most boring quest ever. Snoring

oliverrr11
06-05-14, 06:24 PM
Yes, I think an on the fly change was made. I have 2 inscriptions in inventory (not yet given to Sister, Sister quest) that weren't being counted before, and now it shows 2/5, with a lower skip cost of 60 gems.

I think I will hang tight for a bit and see how long it takes me to get enough dark plants of the right types and numbers for another inscription trade.

So now inventory ones count? I put 10 towards the sister sister and mine shows 0. Who knew we were getting a mini duplicate update this week? I'm out of everything from working on that goal and starting from scratch on this now. If this is supposed to be another long term goal running in the background, then I guess I'm ok with that. It would have been better if we had at least a little more variety though. My concern is that this will hold me up big time from continuing next week's and the upcoming week's (or months?) updates if it is not considered by TL to be a long term goal.

my607
06-05-14, 06:33 PM
I don't understand why TL gives us 2 of the sae goals. I don't want to use gems coz that's probably what TL wants u to do. I will get it done whenever I can. I hate these random plants and then there's not enough shards and fragments.

doobievilla
06-05-14, 06:45 PM
I'm only almost up to sister sister quest, but still love the new update, hoping after there will be a black cat or something, that it continues with. Same with after sister sister, hope baladona will be a new character. It would be good to have some new ones....

But mainly...could we please get something like a glimmer dust trove but for glimmer fragments. If there could be a little adventure to get one (like trove, though I had a glitch and had to buy it as the skunkupine quest disappeared), and then you could buy additional ones like the glimmer troves??? That could be a quest on its own not with the sister sister, or new update- like once you've completed the glimmer gate, or castle, as that's the resource that's slowest for sister sister and this new goal? There is a Game Suggestion thread.. might want to hop on over there.

doobievilla
06-05-14, 06:47 PM
I don't understand why TL gives us 2 of the sae goals. I don't want to use gems coz that's probably what TL wants u to do. I will get it done whenever I can. I hate these random plants and then there's not enough shards and fragments.

its not same goal.. they assume we are getting the Siser Sister done.. they used this a opportunity to help thust players into finishing that quest while it also help another quest.. imho .. i didnt fall for it.. they have become so transparent at this point. If you paid 100 gems to get the 5 free ones.. u have given up on this game already.

vednir
06-05-14, 06:54 PM
I just collected one inscription from my royal exchange. I hit the give button for Sister, Sister and went from 3/20 to 4/20 for Sister, Sister and went from 1/5 to 0/5 for "A Little Persuasion".

This quest is ridiculously terribly coded. The absurdity astounds me.

doobievilla
06-05-14, 07:00 PM
I just collected one inscription from my royal exchange. I hit the give button for Sister, Sister and went from 3/20 to 4/20 for Sister, Sister and went from 1/5 to 0/5 for "A Little Persuasion".

a few months ago telling my friends to give CS a shot... telling them now.. dont bother.. they would hate me if i didn't

doobievilla
06-05-14, 07:05 PM
a few months ago telling my friends to give CS a shot... telling them now.. dont bother.. they would hate me if i didn't

Guys skip a week or 2.. dont listen to ppl that want a freaking update every thursday.. Belladonna was the 1st indicator.. slow down the players make then work for it.... 2. Dragons.. which i will say was stressFILLED.. 3 will come later

kurgan
06-05-14, 07:12 PM
Despite having completed none of the requirements for "A Little Persuasion" I was greeted with "About Time", the second step in this quest. I have not earned any new Inscriptions and I still have 5 in my inventory; I had not signed them over for the first step of the new Quest. Perhaps this is the start of TL refining this Quest. Take heart, have patience, and save your resources.

DrP4ever
06-05-14, 07:16 PM
Well you're a lucky one. No update for me. 5 billion plants left to grow.

doobievilla
06-05-14, 07:19 PM
looking for thw aggwynn post wondering if someone completed Sister Sister yet.. looking .. i will find it

passinthru8
06-05-14, 07:32 PM
looking for thw aggwynn post wondering if someone completed Sister Sister yet.. looking .. i will find it

I thought it said 3 months?? I don't know why/where I got that. Who knows, maybe I made my own timeframe after I saw the requirements.

outhouse01
06-05-14, 07:33 PM
You will now only need to have 5 Inscriptions in your inventory rather than earn credit for each Inscription by receiving it from Sending Belladonna Plants. If you're experiencing issues with your received Inscriptions, please e-mail support@teamlava.com so a support agents can investigate your account.

I must say, what a crock..... . I have 7 inscriptions already allocated to sister sister. Yes, it was my option to give, however as the sister sister goal was seen as long term and it takes forever to get all the plants to send one off, my reasoning for giving each time I actually completed one was to know what I had achieved. It's hard enough keeping track of the plants as they get lost in my 90 odd pages of inventory.

Who decided to have:

A. A quest that needed copious amounts of random drop plants to get 20 inscriptions. Note, I didn't mind this one - was happy to plug along - but;

B. then throw in a timed quest that took everyone away from the long term. Everyone stopped plants to use their seeds for extracts chasing an elusive dragon. Also no problem with this quest in itself. I did my 50 odd adventures missed the last egg and bought Mr Sparkley with gems. I'm still happy with that decision. However;

C. You now chuck in a quest that requires the use of dark seeds which most don't have as they used their pile of seeds up in B to get extracts. To top it all off, all those hard earned inscriptions given previously to satisfy sister are now wasted.

Yes, I realise that WHEN I finally get my 5 for the new quest they will be counted for sister sister. BUT for my specific experience only, I am sitting on:

Pile of seeds - 1
Dark seeds - 3
Glimmer fragments - 17
Glimmer shards - 34

Glimmer traps - 6
Glimmer pitchers - 11
Glimmer rafflesia - 9

(7 inscriptions already given to sister sister).

Considering my pile of seeds and dark seeds prediciment, how long do you think it is going to take me to get 44 more random drops of trap plants just to make the cut for the 5 inscriptions, this doesn't include the odd pitcher or rafflesia that will drop during the course of time.

Someone made a comment in this thread or the other one that they hope to have in finished by the end of summer. I can only assume they are in the northern hemisphere. In Australia we have just gone into winter. If I'm lucky, at this rate, I'll have it finished by the end of our summer - February 2015.

There is long term and then there is this.....

Rant over.

Cheers

doobievilla
06-05-14, 08:05 PM
Where are the Black Cats?

meme1098
06-05-14, 08:38 PM

See...this is where I think you need to do all 5 inscriptions for this part but don't give any of them to sister, sister until you do all 5. Once you have done the 5 and past to the next part of the quest, then you give them to the other goal, sister, sister. At least that's how I thought it was gonna work.

Queenzod
06-05-14, 08:44 PM
See...this is where I think you need to do all 5 inscriptions for this part but don't give any of them to sister, sister until you do all 5. Once you have done the 5 and past to the next part of the quest, then you give them to the other goal, sister, sister. At least that's how I thought it was gonna work.

It should work all ways. No matter if you have them in inventory, already given, whichever. I agree that the coding recently has been really appalling. All this stuff should be thoroughly thought through and tested before it's release. (Good illiteration!)

SpiritWind00
06-05-14, 08:45 PM
Yes I agree... You don't give them to sister sister until you have 5 in your inventory. I had 6 in inventory before today and they have now counted towards this goal as I have not hit the GIVE button is S/S GOAL. I never give up resources unless I have the lot! It's rule 101 in this game.....

meme1098
06-05-14, 08:50 PM
It should work all ways. No matter if you have them in inventory, already given, whichever. I agree that the coding recently has been really appalling. All this stuff should be thoroughly thought through and tested before it's release. (Good illiteration!)

It should, as you said, but I always lean toward the worst case scenarios lately because of your last sentence.
I hope vednir's problem is resolved soon.

Queenzod
06-05-14, 09:01 PM
It should, as you said, but I always lean toward the worst case scenarios lately because of your last sentence.
I hope vednir's problem is resolved soon.

Mine too! I lost three inscriptions. That's why I was holding them in inventory and then they were lost. So, that's not entirely safe any more.

cityfan
06-05-14, 09:20 PM
Does Griselda's garden sometimes drop the dark seed, or is that something new?

olcastle
06-05-14, 09:29 PM
Does Griselda's garden sometimes drop the dark seed, or is that something new?

It does, it drops even plants but very rarely.

Castloninian
06-05-14, 09:54 PM
I just woke up and upon opening Castle Story all of a sudden moved past the first goal. I had 9, given none to sister sister yet and still have 9 in my inventory.

Either TL changed their mind or someone had just made a mistake. Either way, I am on the move again.

Rockinkitten
06-05-14, 09:57 PM
Yes I agree... You don't give them to sister sister until you have 5 in your inventory. I had 6 in inventory before today and they have now counted towards this goal as I have not hit the GIVE button is S/S GOAL. I never give up resources unless I have the lot! It's rule 101 in this game.....

I'm going to do that from now on!

55lee55
06-05-14, 11:20 PM
I gave in and spent the 100 gems to got through but now I only need 6 more trades with dark plants to finish Sister, Sister, which was supposed to be a long term goal. Since I have enough of the Rafflesia to finish it will likely end earlier than I hoped but that will maybe satisfy those who don't like the long term quests. Not really happy about this whole update but I hope it moves on and gets over quickly because I find this whole Griselda, Ivy, Belladonna thing to be tedious and unexciting which was great for the long term quest but is a snooze as far as I see now and I hope we move on to something different soon.

I really miss Kaz! Even Thurston (who gives me the same feeling as the sound of fingernails on a blackboard as soon as I see him up close) occasionally added at least an annoyance factor. I must be the only one bored to tears by Ivy and Griselda's potions.

The only thing I find more annoying than Potions are the Fairies who even though I am at Level 47 I don't understand how they fit into anything except that they appear to be at war with each other in a bunch of factions and none of them will talk to humans about what is bothering them to begin with! I too fear we will lose the lovely Respite in a manner similar to how we lost the beautiful Maze to Griselda's Dark Garden that was a heartbreak to at least a few of us who liked it better when it was pretty.

Maybe July will be more interesting. There is always hope as long as TL doesn't shut down the whole game which I hope won't be even considered for many years yet! We can keep the hope going!

freesiawoods
06-06-14, 12:03 AM
Already stalled at the first step because of a lack of pitcher plants. I am crafting dark pkants whenever I can but there isn't much to be done to get more glimmer bits. Oh well at least this quest isn't timed:-) so I shall enjoy it at my own pace. Would love to get a magic fruit tree but I am already used to going without cool gem stuff. Even not getting the bijou dragon didn't bother much.

maguar
06-06-14, 02:00 AM
I've reported that giving inscriptions to sister, sister is removing them from the count of a little persuasion. In the meantime hold off on giving the inscriptions to sister, sister until you've finished a little persuasion.

If anyone had an issue like Queenzod (had inscriptions in inventory, skipped a little persuasion and the sister,sister goal isn't recognising the inscriptions in the inventory) then please contact support@teamlava.com.

basma84
06-06-14, 02:48 AM
I just woke up and upon opening Castle Story all of a sudden moved past the first goal. I had 9, given none to sister sister yet and still have 9 in my inventory.

Either TL changed their mind or someone had just made a mistake. Either way, I am on the move again.Same here, but I don't think it's a mistake. I think TL decided to make the inscriptions we already have count. It was a good call not to hit the give button on the sister sister goal.

parlski
06-06-14, 03:01 AM

I think the tree is definitely worth it. for myself, I can never get enough magic fruit. I'm considering buying two! and you are correct, the pergola was the second best gem purchase I ever made. the wizard school was the first. I have two each

also, this inscription quest is pants. it's taken me until now to get five with the sister-sister quest. I just don't get enough items to try to make the dark plants :(

sugarpinch
06-06-14, 04:41 AM
I think it's pretty bad that the 6 inscriptions that I have gotten towards sister sister cant be used in the new quest. Now I have to basically start over and do them again ... Not nice TL!

DrP4ever
06-06-14, 05:31 AM
Agreed about the inscriptions. I have had items go missing when I haven't given them to the goal before. Why can't plants drop dark seeds like the Valentines plants drop seeds? Or increase the drops. So annoying collecting from the castle and it only gives coins. Half the time the Glimmergate does too. Then you craft dark seeds and get two when you need 3 to grow a plant.

my607
06-06-14, 05:40 AM
Then u end up with a random plant that you don't need to get the inscriptions. So annoying. Is this part of the main storyline?

carleeclub
06-06-14, 06:53 AM
I have been trying for weeks to get a GLIMMER RAFFIA (sp?) i have tons and tons of the other two plants but cant even do my first trade yet since I cant get the third one. Something is wrong. I play all day, everyday.

oliverrr11
06-06-14, 07:13 AM
Then u end up with a random plant that you don't need to get the inscriptions. So annoying. Is this part of the main storyline?

I sure hope this is not the main storyline! I'm level 50 with only 2 goals and they are both...well, the same thing! I gave 10 towards sister sister and there is no reason they should not count if inventory ones now do. I did the work. The inscriptions count for both goals and it shows I have 10 / 20 for sister sister. I have ONE glimmer shard! And maybe 4 or 5 fragments. They set up sister sister as a 3 month or more long term goal which is fine. I was well stocked to start, been working on it and used everything up. Now to get this goal which will take probably several months with current drop rates, it will be SO not cool if this has to be completed to move on! TL, can you please address this? Can we continue with the upcoming weeks of updates without this one being done?? Or are we doomed with months of incredible boredom waiting on random plants with nothing else to do?

my607
06-06-14, 07:15 AM
Nothing is wrong I play all the time and I don't get enough pitcher plant. This is not a fast goal that you can finish in a snap of a finger. Unless you use gems to skip. It's a long term goal.

brandonu
06-06-14, 07:49 AM
I sure hope this is not the main storyline! I'm level 50 with only 2 goals and they are both...well, the same thing! I gave 10 towards sister sister and there is no reason they should not count if inventory ones now do. I did the work. The inscriptions count for both goals and it shows I have 10 / 20 for sister sister. I have ONE glimmer shard! And maybe 4 or 5 fragments. They set up sister sister as a 3 month or more long term goal which is fine. I was well stocked to start, been working on it and used everything up. Now to get this goal which will take probably several months with current drop rates, it will be SO not cool if this has to be completed to move on! TL, can you please address this? Can we continue with the upcoming weeks of updates without this one being done?? Or are we doomed with months of incredible boredom waiting on random plants with nothing else to do? I agree with all of this. Same boat.

eepopp

I agree 101%. Both Magic Fruit trades in the Royal Exchange are not worth it..., making the Magic Fruit Tree pointless (for me).

The first Royal Exchange trade (Magic Fruit Trade) requires 60 strawberries, 40 Glimmerbulbs and 6 Magic Fruit.
1 Strawberry = 1 hour grow time. (I'd rather use them in Sweet Feasts).
1 Glimmerbulb = 8 hours grow time. (This ties up my field for too long.)
1 Magic Fruit = 1 daily drop from Magic Garden, Random drop from Fairy Respite or Random result from Grow Faerie Seeds in the Greenhouse)

To gather all components requires a minimum of 106 energy to use.....just to get 15 instant use energy back after a 4 hour Exchange Trade. That is a terrible return on energy used and time spent growing, waiting and collecting. (My opinion of this trade would change if we got Energy Crates instead of Instant Use Energy Bolts.)

The second Royal Exchange Trade (Trade with Fruit Farmers) requires 50 Mushroom, 25 Truffles and 5 Magic Fruit.
1 Mushroom = 5 Minute wait from Red Mushroom Circles (note: varying times from other Mushroom Decorations)
1 Truffle = Random drop from pigs and Sir Piggy
1 Magic Fruit = (see prior Magic Fruit Note)

To gather all components requires a minimum of 80 energy, but due to the Random drop factor for Truffles, it's probably closer to 100+ energy..., just to get random drops of fruit. This trade is worse than the Magic Fruit Trade, especially if you have Fruit Trees (Apple, Orange,Lemon). My opinon of this trade would change if Golden Apples dropped frequently from this trade.

I stopped doing the Magic Fruit Trades in the Exchange and now have 101 Magic Fruit (hence my 101% agreement :) ).

For me, I have no desire to purchase or buy a Magic Fruit Tree when my Magic Garden, Fairie Respite and Greenhouse are fairly reliable sources of Magic Fruit. For Trade Tickets, I would rather do the Milk/Egg Trade.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2vv4zes.jpg

I'm going to do this quest slowly. i'm not going to gem past the first stage for 100 Gems nor will I buy a Magic Fruit Tree for another 120 Gems.

I just hope that this quest is not core to the Castle Story storyline. Other than that, I appreciate that we got something new even if it is just a long, drawn out commercial to sell us a Magic Fruit Tree that we probably don't need.

oliverrr11
Nothing is wrong I play all the time and I don't get enough pitcher plant. This is not a fast goal that you can finish in a snap of a finger. Unless you use gems to skip. It's a long term goal.

For sure it is long term and I'm fine with that if we can still continue on while we do it

passinthru8
06-06-14, 07:50 AM

Is ther any Adventure or any other way to get Glimmer Shards/Fragments besides the trickles from Gate & Greselda's Castle? It would cost hundreds of real money to speed this goal up. All those darn Dragons, I've had 99 Dragon Scales for a week. It would have been nice if one of them dropped Shards or Fragments. I love the game!!! but this goal is monotonous to say the least! Good Luck Everyone.

dragon2046
06-06-14, 08:03 AM
I agree. We absolutely need more drops or more places to get shards and fragments. I understand long term goals but do really think that the shards and fragment drops need to be more frequent or from more places. Please ! :)

zoo123g
06-06-14, 08:25 AM
we need a glimmer tree which we can buy with coins not gems

kooky panda
06-06-14, 08:32 AM
I agree. We absolutely need more drops or more places to get shards and fragments. I understand long term goals but do really think that the shards and fragment drops need to be more frequent or from more places. Please ! :)

100% agree!:)

Chriscat9
06-06-14, 08:51 AM
This morning I collected from Greselda's Castle and I received NO shards or fragments. I guess that will teach me not to ask the developer's for a drop rate adjustment :p

Queenzod
06-06-14, 08:57 AM
we need a glimmer tree which we can buy with coins not gems

This is a good idea, but I would rather have increased drops from current sources rather than a new item that takes up space in an already crowded kingdom. There's plenty of ways to increase drops, if they wanted to.

The development team for CS really needs to take a pulse here. The patient is in critical condition! With the not so fab updates, major glitches, offering new items for gems that nobody wants, I don't really understand it. We've offered gobs of great suggestions for story lines, drops, fixes, etc., but we keep getting....well, what we've been getting.

Sigh. Sadness. I guess today will be a continuation of Hug Your Cat Day in my house.

blueroseoftexas
06-06-14, 09:03 AM
I am most bothered by the "output" of the greenhouse, when I craft "Grow Dark Seeds" and "Grow Faeriebulb Seeds" I only get a much-needed plant back about half the time.

After spending all that energy and resources on random drops of fertilizers, glimmer shards, pile of seeds, faeriebulb seeds, I get horrible exchanges. Once I got only a carrot. Really???? A CARROT???? Another time a glimmerdust bag, and another a red pepper with a strawberry. What????

These two latest greenhouse-involved goals will take waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long & frustrating to enjoy. I am a very active player, so I should be further along that I am. I have only crafted two Inscriptions in two months. I am taking the attitude of "just surprise me if & when it happens." No concentrated effort as we need to do for timed goals.

Level 50
Lost over 500 gems

Zenaland

meme1098
06-06-14, 09:06 AM
This is a good idea, but I would rather have increased drops from current sources rather than a new item that takes up space in an already crowded kingdom. There's plenty of ways to increase drops, if they wanted to.

The development team for CS really needs to take a pulse here. The patient is in critical condition! With the not so fab updates, major glitches, offering new items for gems that nobody wants, I don't really understand it. We've offered gobs of great suggestions for story lines, drops, fixes, etc., but we keep getting....well, what we've been getting.

Sigh. Sadness. I guess today will be a continuation of Hug Your Cat Day in my house.

My 2 cents worth:

When a nbr taps your Glimmergate, you should get more shards & fragments (100%)besides just coins, like 2 of each.

Same with Greselda's garden.

Greselda's castle should be 100% drop rate since it's a 1 day collection.

Glimmer troves could drop them every other time. 1 time dust, 1 time shards or fragments.

zuma022
06-06-14, 09:22 AM
I think Greselda's castle and her garden should drop random dark plants, not just shards and fragments. Then we could maybe finish this in a couple of months.

my607
06-06-14, 09:44 AM
The places that are suppose to drop shards and fragments aren't dropping much of anything. The garden should drop more plants but I usually get one plant but that's not on every collection.

fabulus12
06-06-14, 09:52 AM
I would love random inscriptions dropped. Getting glimmer shards or fragments allows you to make random plants. Since I don't always get the plants I need, let's just find inscriptions.
Maybe Sr Pigglesworth could give us some.

my607
06-06-14, 10:12 AM
I doubt that would happen it's much easier that way. That's just my opionion .

jptheripper
06-06-14, 10:15 AM
In the two day my garden has dropped a rafflesia, a pitcher plant, and a trap plant

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-06-14, 10:19 AM
I just recently (finally!) got my maze garden upgraded to the eat-you plants ... Have collected from it only a few times ...last 2 times, I've gotten coins and a mushroom.
LOL! *A* single mushroom. *wide eyes of disbelief* lol

Castloninian
06-06-14, 10:27 AM
Another way to do it would be to reduce the requirements from 5 glimmer shards/fragments to a lower number? I collect from the gate continuously and can usually only make one or two plants a day.

Liloze
06-06-14, 11:07 AM
I already gave 6 Inscriptions to Sister / Sister goal, before yesterday's update. :(
Today I made a 7th kept it in my stock, it counted towards "A little Persuasion" Goal, by mistake I gave the 7th inscription to Sister sister goal, now the second goal is back to zero! ��
Not only TL is punishing the players for starting the Sister Sister long term goal by not counting what was already given, but by returning the counter to zero, after the new trade for inscription is sent to sister sister ! Is this a joke or what?!��

meme1098
06-06-14, 11:53 AM
I already gave 6 Inscriptions to Sister / Sister goal, before yesterday's update. :(
Today I made a 7th kept it in my stock, it counted towards "A little Persuasion" Goal, by mistake I gave the 7th inscription to Sister sister goal, now the second goal is back to zero! ��
Not only TL is punishing the players for starting the Sister Sister long term goal by not counting what was already given, but by returning the counter to zero, after the new trade for inscription is sent to sister sister ! Is this a joke or what?!��

Wait until you get all 5 inscriptions counted for this goal and move on to the next part. Then give them to the other goal.
I was saying this early on about not giving until it's completed and the next part pops up cause I was afraid of losing them.
I am totally ignoring sister, sister for now until this darn thing is done. Castle Story 101 according to some seasoned players here: don't "give" anything to a goal until you have it all. And I now I believe them.

Liloze
06-06-14, 12:07 PM
Wait until you get all 5 inscriptions counted for this goal and move on to the next part. Then give them to the other goal.
I was saying this early on about not giving until it's completed and the next part pops up cause I was afraid of losing them.
I am totally ignoring sister, sister for now until this darn thing is done. Castle Story 101 according to some seasoned players here: don't "give" anything to a goal until you have it all. And I now I believe them.

Yep, That's what I was trying to do, thanks for the reply, now I believe that statement too!

arikasi
06-06-14, 12:32 PM

Remember to download the games they suggest.

That would be great but the last one I downloaded didnt give any new quest after the download and play - Make it Rain (IceMochi)
so I guess its another random account or device specific thing.

8hat
06-06-14, 12:47 PM
That would be great but the last one I downloaded didnt give any new quest after the download and play - Make it Rain (IceMochi)
so I guess its another random account or device specific thing.

Make it Rain gave me the quest to download/play it (reward 30 or 40 gems after collecting from a building) but no followup quests. I am guessing because the follow-ups are usually for getting to certain levels and that game didn't really have levels.

GoodyTwoShoes2
06-06-14, 12:48 PM
I agree with arikasi above:) "Make it Rain" was awful!!! I tried but I couldn't get past "practice" and that was horrible! All that frustration and nothing for it! I don't get any offers that give me anything anymore, maybe that is because I am playing them....LOL. But, I don't do Bakery, Restaurant, Battles, Zoo or a bunch others. I have spent wayyyy too many $$$$ on this game & Dragons, Pets & Farm II, a little "give back" to me would be nice for a change.

kooky panda
06-06-14, 01:04 PM
Hey guys, lets keep the posts to the current topic of the new update.

Thanks!

MBRBTBRB
06-06-14, 02:25 PM
The Magic Fruit Tree costs 120 gems and the goal reward is 20 gems: did I read that right? Is this a quest line that we are forced to pay 100 gems to complete???

kooky panda
06-06-14, 02:30 PM
The Magic Fruit Tree costs 120 gems and the goal reward is 20 gems: did I read that right? Is this a quest line that we are forced to pay 100 gems to complete???

This goal is an optional timed goal that you do not have to complete to get more goals later. You can just let this goal expire.

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-06-14, 02:43 PM
I really wish Greselda's fountain (which was another optional buy-for-120-gems-get-back-20-gems item) was more in line with the current optional item - magic fruit tree - in that it DID something and was more than just a decoration (albeit, pretty).

HEY TL!! ... how about "activating" Greselda's fountain to drop these glimmer shards & fragments for us????
Something kinda like the mermaid pond, in that it can drop 1-4 of each, every 5 hrs??
C'mon.... Pretty pleeeeeeeeeeease!

Ps...& it could drop some water too lolol

belbar22
06-06-14, 02:51 PM
Desperately seeking shards, fragments and glimmer pitcher plants..... Come out, come out....wherever you are..... Please......pretty please.........

vednir
06-06-14, 03:57 PM
I really wish Greselda's fountain (which was another optional buy-for-120-gems-get-back-20-gems item) was more in line with the current optional item - magic fruit tree - in that it DID something and was more than just a decoration (albeit, pretty).

HEY TL!! ... how about "activating" Greselda's fountain to drop these glimmer shards & fragments for us????
Something kinda like the mermaid pond, in that it can drop 1-4 of each, every 5 hrs??
C'mon.... Pretty pleeeeeeeeeeease!

Ps...& it could drop some water too lolol

That wouldn't be a bad idea if TL were reading these posts. It's already a gem item and there's plenty of precedent for it now.

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-06-14, 04:46 PM
That wouldn't be a bad idea if TL were reading these posts. It's already a gem item and there's plenty of precedent for it now.
*If*???
They may not say much on here beyond updates n such but it's always been my understanding that TL staff DOES read silently in the background.

So gimme some showering of glimmer bit luv from my Greselda fountain, pls! Lol ;)

doobievilla
06-06-14, 04:50 PM
*If*???
They may not say much on here beyond updates n such but it's always been my understanding that TL staff DOES read silently in the background.

So gimme some showering of glimmer bit luv from my Greselda fountain, pls! Lol ;)

Have they ever converted a decoration into something that drops items?

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-06-14, 05:03 PM
Have they ever converted a decoration into something that drops items?
Is there always a first time for everything?

doobievilla
06-06-14, 05:12 PM
Is there always a first time for everything?

Yeah that one time then everyone is gonna want a Stone Bench to drop Living Wood.

DrP4ever
06-06-14, 06:11 PM
Garden dropped nothing important, castle dropped coins, Glimmergate one fragment. Only need 14 plants for a second inscription. Snooze vile!

outhouse01
06-06-14, 09:13 PM
I must say, what a crock..... . I have 7 inscriptions already allocated to sister sister. Yes, it was my option to give, however as the sister sister goal was seen as long term and it takes forever to get all the plants to send one off, my reasoning for giving each time I actually completed one was to know what I had achieved. It's hard enough keeping track of the plants as they get lost in my 90 odd pages of inventory.

Who decided to have:

A. A quest that needed copious amounts of random drop plants to get 20 inscriptions. Note, I didn't mind this one - was happy to plug along - but;

B. then throw in a timed quest that took everyone away from the long term. Everyone stopped plants to use their seeds for extracts chasing an elusive dragon. Also no problem with this quest in itself. I did my 50 odd adventures missed the last egg and bought Mr Sparkley with gems. I'm still happy with that decision. However;

C. You now chuck in a quest that requires the use of dark seeds which most don't have as they used their pile of seeds up in B to get extracts. To top it all off, all those hard earned inscriptions given previously to satisfy sister are now wasted.

Yes, I realise that WHEN I finally get my 5 for the new quest they will be counted for sister sister. BUT for my specific experience only, I am sitting on:

Pile of seeds - 1
Dark seeds - 3
Glimmer fragments - 17
Glimmer shards - 34

Glimmer traps - 6
Glimmer pitchers - 11
Glimmer rafflesia - 9

(7 inscriptions already given to sister sister).

Considering my pile of seeds and dark seeds prediciment, how long do you think it is going to take me to get 44 more random drops of trap plants just to make the cut for the 5 inscriptions, this doesn't include the odd pitcher or rafflesia that will drop during the course of time.

Someone made a comment in this thread or the other one that they hope to have in finished by the end of summer. I can only assume they are in the northern hemisphere. In Australia we have just gone into winter. If I'm lucky, at this rate, I'll have it finished by the end of our summer - February 2015.

There is long term and then there is this.....

Rant over.

Cheers

Ok, almost 24 hours on. My inventory has changed from:

Pile of seeds 3 - was 1
Dark seeds 0 - was 3
Glimmer fragments 2 - was 17
Glimmer shards 13 - was 34.

Glimmer traps 9 - was 6
Glimmer pitchers 13 - was 11
Glimmer rafflesia 11 - was 10.

(7 given inscriptions) - has not changed.

Therefore in almost 24 hours I have grown 6 plants. Still don't have enough of all for 1 inscription.

My fragments have gone, with no place to get them readily (yes I have been collecting from the gate every chance I get), dark seeds are exhausted until I can find more fragments, see above, and seeds, well with 3 conservatories, respite, gardens and whatever spews them out on the odd occasion, I see no point in buying more conservatories as there is no way to keep up with glimmer bits.

I think I will amend my finishing observation. I now believe February 2016 is the time I might get through this at the current rate. Even with new content appearing from time to time, I'm not sure I can stand the boredom of chasing plants.

I'm also thinking, the reprisal of the faerie respite is due this month. Are we going to run into the same problem we had with fragments/shards recently. Remember they were capped at 30 for some time until goals came that needed them. Then the limit was increased. No one collected from their gate at the time as it was a waste of energy to only get the full sign.

My respite and goddess tree have been giving me the full of faerie bags for some time now. What exactly are we in for?

Sorry, gotta go, I think my gate is due for collection any minute now. Might get 'a' fragment if I'm lucky. Cheers

DrP4ever
06-06-14, 10:16 PM
"I think I will amend my finishing observation. I now believe February 2016 is the time I might get through this at the current rate. Even with new content appearing from time to time, I'm not sure I can stand the boredom of chasing plants."

Outhouse01 I wholeheartedly agree with you. I'm a long term player, almost at level 50. Only got one dragon. Already gave my inscriptions, same reason as you. Not even close to another inscription. Boring!

jodi0122
06-06-14, 10:37 PM
My first 5 inscriptions already went to Sister Sister. Now with two very long term goals (weeks/months) I'm losing my desire to play. Sad :(

tess077
06-06-14, 11:34 PM
My first 5 inscriptions already went to Sister Sister. Now with two very long term goals (weeks/months) I'm losing my desire to play. Sad :(
I agree ��

oliverrr11
06-06-14, 11:42 PM
.............I think I will amend my finishing observation. I now believe February 2016 is the time I might get through this at the current rate. Even with new content appearing from time to time, I'm not sure I can stand the boredom of chasing plants.

I love this whole rant! But I wanted to comment on this part in particular. You mention new content. Will we have any without this complete?? I asked several times and got no answer. The magic fruit tree part is optional. I fear that we are back on the core story line with the rest of it. IF that is true, WE WON'T BE GETTING ANY MORE GOALS until this is completed! I have not complained about anything on here for a very long time (I think the last time I did was the Glimmerbat being a timed random drop event- so maybe about 8 months ago or so?) but I am with you in not being quiet about this one! A very long term (duplicate) goal that needs to be completed to move on? Are you kidding me? Do you think I'm really going to sit around all day making a couple of pies and glue for months on end for something to do while waiting for seeds, shards and fragments to drop? And not being able to participate in anything new? You have to feed my addiction to keep me TL! Keep me interested! This may be the worst update in the game's history. I can't think of another that's even close.

Castloninian
06-06-14, 11:56 PM
It is really unfortunate that any inscriptions made and given to sister sister do not count. I was lucky enough to not have given any yet so have moved past, but I don't see why there should be a difference. Five inscriptions made is still a big achievement.

When this goal came out it was such that you needed to make five inscriptions. Within 24 hours it was changed such that inscriptions in your inventory counted. Perhaps TL would like to let given inscriptions count, but it may be difficult to implement the change? I am only guessing, would be great if someone in the know would respond as to what was intended.

SpiritWind00
06-07-14, 12:02 AM
I don't think this goal can be part of main story purely because of the time factor. But remember we saw in the June sneak peek about the return of the faeries , so there should be core storyline content coming soon. I know, I'm the ultimate optimist! Haha

outhouse01
06-07-14, 12:04 AM
I love this whole rant! But I wanted to comment on this part in particular. You mention new content. Will we have any without this complete?? I asked several times and got no answer. The magic fruit tree part is optional. I fear that we are back on the core story line with the rest of it. IF that is true, WE WON'T BE GETTING ANY MORE GOALS until this is completed! I have not complained about anything on here for a very long time (I think the last time I did was the Glimmerbat being a timed random drop event- so maybe about 8 months ago or so?) but I am with you in not being quiet about this one! A very long term (duplicate) goal that needs to be completed to move on? Are you kidding me? Do you think I'm really going to sit around all day making a couple of pies and glue for months on end for something to do while waiting for seeds, shards and fragments to drop? And not being able to participate in anything new? You have to feed my addiction to keep me TL! Keep me interested! This may be the worst update in the game's history. I can't think of another that's even close.

Hi O11, thanks for agreeing with my rant, appreciated.

I honestly don't think this fiasco will have an impact on future stuff. Granted, this will hold us back for a while.

In relation to my comment on the faerie thing, I made that observation from the info provided in the first post of the June Sneek Peek, specifically the second peek regarding the fairies.

I'm paraphrasing here but I think it went along the lines of - glimmer fairies are back, Queen (cannot remember name) wants something. Can we trust her, do you...... Or something to that effect.

Considering the recent stuff, no I don't trust her!!!!

But still don't think that bit will hold us up. BUT I do think that the limit of 30 faerie packets, or whatever the are called, will.

Let's see what happens.

Cheers

oliverrr11
06-07-14, 12:09 AM
I don't think this goal can be part of main story purely because of the time factor. But remember we saw in the June sneak peek about the return of the faeries , so there should be core storyline content coming soon. I know, I'm the ultimate optimist! Haha

I hope you are right. That would shut me up! I'm more than ok with long term goals running in the background. I am seeing this as sister, sister being what they consider the long term goal with this shorter version of it needed now.

oliverrr11
06-07-14, 12:19 AM
It is really unfortunate that any inscriptions made and given to sister sister do not count. I was lucky enough to not have given any yet so have moved past, but I don't see why there should be a difference. Five inscriptions made is still a big achievement.

When this goal came out it was such that you needed to make five inscriptions. Within 24 hours it was changed such that inscriptions in your inventory counted. Perhaps TL would like to let given inscriptions count, but it may be difficult to implement the change? I am only guessing, would be great if someone in the know would respond as to what was intended.

I also hope you are right. I have 10 that I gave. There is no reason given ones shouldn't count. The same inscriptions count for BOTH goals. This is very different than say, the recent dragons where jewels could be given to two different dragons to complete them. In those you needed the combined total of the two goals to complete both.

oliverrr11
06-07-14, 12:22 AM
Hi O11, thanks for agreeing with my rant, appreciated.

I honestly don't think this fiasco will not have an impact on future stuff. Granted, this will hold us back for a while.

In relation to my comment on the faerie thing, I made that observation from the info provided in the first post of the June Sneek Peek, specifically the second peek regarding the fairies.

I'm paraphrasing here but I think it went along the lines of - glimmer fairies are back, Queen (cannot remember name) wants something. Can we trust her, do you...... Or something to that effect.

Considering the recent stuff, no I don't trust her!!!!

But still don't think that bit will hold us up. BUT I do think that the limit of 30 faerie packets, or whatever the are called, will.

Let's see what happens.

Cheers

I'm sorry I have to disagree with you on this. I DO trust her completely and think that everybody should.

claupu
06-07-14, 12:36 AM

I agree with you. And that's where the new Magic Fruit Tree comes in. One way to get Faeriebulb Seeds is to harvest Glimmer Bulb. Soon your're maxed and the only way to get rid of them is to do one of the trades (can't remember the name) where you also need Magic Fruits. Circle closed.

And for everybody who's interested: I have three insriptions. Two of them count to the new goal. I also have a very long way to go. Cheers.

DrP4ever
06-07-14, 12:47 AM
Six conservatories gave one pile of seeds. Glimmer gate. Nothing. Like I said, this is going to be an extremely long term thing. Boring!

Castloninian
06-07-14, 12:50 AM
I agree with you. And that's where the new Magic Fruit Tree comes in. One way to get Faeriebulb Seeds is to harvest Glimmer Bulb. Soon your're maxed and the only way to get rid of them is to do one of the trades (can't remember the name) where you also need Magic Fruits. Circle closed.

And for everybody who's interested: I have three insriptions. Two of them count to the new goal. I also have a very long way to go. Cheers.
You can get the seed packets from harvesting bulbs even if maxed. I know that is a bit of a waste but I just wanted to point out you do not need to keep getting rid of bulbs.

rosym47
06-07-14, 01:22 AM
I agree this long term goal is frustrating but not boring to me. I am keeping busy stocking up, cooking and harvesting. I chose to pay 100 gems to purchase 5 diplomas and that bumps up my total on the Sister, Sister goal to 15. My choice and I don't mind paying a small amount occasionally to play this game. I will replace the gems when there is a gem sale or a new game to try.

I personally don't have a problem with the game plan or requirements but I do agree that somebody needs to check the coding before it goes live. Perhaps this long term goal will give TL some time to make sure everything is OK for the next goal. If that means waiting a week or two extra it might be something we have to accept.

tromalyt
06-07-14, 01:54 AM
I am on level46 and I don't have access to this quest. Can you believe it? :(

katbtodd
06-07-14, 03:54 AM
For those who went ahead and bought the magic tree, what are the drops,,, I know it's collects once a day.

mymummy789
06-07-14, 04:43 AM

I am rather gutted that I seem to be being penalised for handing my inscriptions in to sister sister as I got them :( It's taken me this long just to get 5.

tigarlilyvol
06-07-14, 05:54 AM
For those who went ahead and bought the magic tree, what are the drops,,, I know it's collects once a day.

Got 1 magic fruit

Chriscat9
06-07-14, 06:12 AM
I got a glimmer shard from Greselda's garden this morning. Is that new? I don't remember getting them from the garden before.

oliverrr11
06-07-14, 06:59 AM
I got a glimmer shard from Greselda's garden this morning. Is that new? I don't remember getting them from the garden before.

No, that is not new. You can get shards, fragments, dark seeds, even dark plants!.... In addition to coins, a mushroom etc. Now git on over to the woohoo thread!

doobievilla
06-07-14, 07:19 AM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?68458-Castle-Story-05-08-2014-Update-Belladonna&p=909587&viewfull=1#post909587

A dev thinks we should already be done with Sister Sister already/

my607
06-07-14, 08:08 AM
I might not get Sister Sister done by the end of year. The random plants doesn't help either. I need more pitcher plants than any other plants.

Nimlandy
06-07-14, 08:16 AM
I am rather gutted that I seem to be being penalised for handing my inscriptions in to sister sister as I got them :( It's taken me this long just to get 5.

I'm in the same boat. And I handed over the newest inscription after this new quest came in - I didn't think it would take from the count... Are they fixing that? Can we please have something else that drops glimmer shards to get the seeds please? It's impossible!

ciarjen
06-07-14, 08:26 AM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?68458-Castle-Story-05-08-2014-Update-Belladonna&p=909587&viewfull=1#post909587

A dev thinks we should already be done with Sister Sister already/

Well if that is the case (and not a joke) then there is a disparity with their calculation versus what actually happens with drop rates.

I have had a total of 3 rafflesia plants and I am a regular player who is able to collect from the glimmergate usually every 2 hours. At this rate I wont be done until the end of the year.

dragoniakingdom
06-07-14, 09:56 AM
Well if that is the case (and not a joke) then there is a disparity with their calculation versus what actually happens with drop rates.

I have had a total of 3 rafflesia plants and I am a regular player who is able to collect from the glimmergate usually every 2 hours. At this rate I wont be done until the end of the year.

I'm even worse lol - level 50, collect as often as time permits & 1 rafflesia,which has already gone to the sister,sister quest.

Sigh! :(

rosym47
06-07-14, 10:21 AM
We need a fortune from the fortune tellers tent to give us some shards and dust. Please ..... ��

butterfly_25
06-07-14, 11:00 AM
Yesterday I finally got my 6th pitcher plant in order to obtain my very first inscription since the sister, sister goal! Lol. I had temporarily put making plants on hold due to needing seeds for making vital extract for the light armor for the pyre caverns adventure. I have needed only one pitcher plant for a long time, but kept receiving the others. This pattern will probably continue. I'm in no rush, though. I was already accepting that this will take awhile, same goes for Ivy's hungry tummy, lol.

oliverrr11
06-07-14, 11:03 AM
We need a fortune from the fortune tellers tent to give us some shards and dust. Please ..... ��

Yes, at least 425 of each please.

my607
06-07-14, 12:18 PM
Why is there no more tusks after u **** the boar? I just notice that just recently. Am I the only one?

blueroseoftexas
06-07-14, 12:36 PM
Yet another collection, one shard, one fragment. Takes 5 to make a seed. Rarely get enough seeds to make a plant. Then need 16, I think, plants per inscription. Boring!

I am a regular player, and I moan/groan about what little I get back from the Greenhouse. I spend huge amounts of energy to get the needed resources on the glimmer dust and shards, on the fertilizer and seeds--even then we get maybe, maybe one or NONE of the needed items from those sources...Then I send energy-gobbling resources to the Greenhouse to get back the seeds and plants------to get what? A carrot! That is a stinky, stinky trade. To make sure I wasn't mistaken, I carefully watched the next Greenhouse output and saw the Greenhouse spit out a pepper and a tomato. We aren't even assured of getting a plant, much less the "right" plant for the Belladonna trade.

In the two months since the Goal of Sister/Sister came out, I have only created 2--yes two--inscriptions. As a regular, multiple-plays-a-day player.

While, yes!, we need an increase in the glimmer shards and dark seeds, we definitely also need assurance that the greenhouse will give us plants, not garbage that one energy point can give us from our plots.

Zenaland--who guesses she has months to go before completing either goal.

oliverrr11
06-07-14, 01:07 PM
I am a regular player, and I moan/groan about what little I get back from the Greenhouse. I spend huge amounts of energy to get the needed resources on the glimmer dust and shards, on the fertilizer and seeds--even then we get maybe, maybe one or NONE of the needed items from those sources...Then I send energy-gobbling resources to the Greenhouse to get back the seeds and plants------to get what? A carrot! That is a stinky, stinky trade. To make sure I wasn't mistaken, I carefully watched the next Greenhouse output and saw the Greenhouse spit out a pepper and a tomato. We aren't even assured of getting a plant, much less the "right" plant for the Belladonna trade.

In the two months since the Goal of Sister/Sister came out, I have only created 2--yes two--inscriptions. As a regular, multiple-plays-a-day player.

While, yes!, we need an increase in the glimmer shards and dark seeds, we definitely also need assurance that the greenhouse will give us plants, not garbage that one energy point can give us from our plots.

You are not getting tomatoes and carrots from growing dark seeds. You will get a plant every time, even if it is not the one you want. You are growing faeriebulb seeds instead of dark seeds

meme1098
06-07-14, 01:59 PM

The faerie bulb seed trade is not worth the resources.

To get the plants for this quest, do the grow dark plants in the greenhouse. You will then get a plant to add to the the others and when you get 10 traps, 6 pitcher, & 1 rafflesia, then you can go to the exchange for the inscription exchange, send plants to Belladonna.

Here's my problem though:
I just can't get enough trap plants. It needs to be reduced to about 5, and the pitcher plants need to be either 2 or 3. Then shards & fragments need to be guaranteed drops of at least 2 each!

http://i59.tinypic.com/k6iqg.jpg

doobievilla
06-07-14, 02:34 PM
The faerie bulb seed trade is not worth the resources.

To get the plants for this quest, do the grow dark plants in the greenhouse. You will then get a plant to add to the the others and when you get 10 traps, 6 pitcher, & 1 rafflesia, then you can go to the exchange for the inscription exchange, send plants to Belladonna.

Here's my problem though:
I just can't get enough trap plants. It needs to be reduced to about 5, and the pitcher plants need to be either 2 or 3. Then shards & fragments need to be guaranteed drops of at least 2 each!

http://i59.tinypic.com/k6iqg.jpg

They are not gonna change anything. If they did that they would be admitting that they screwed up. Screwed up is our opinion.. in their opinion everything is working as intended.. move along