PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 06/05/14 Update Three Lessons For Ivy

Pages : 1 [2] 3

doobievilla
06-07-14, 02:39 PM
Well if that is the case (and not a joke) then there is a disparity with their calculation versus what actually happens with drop rates.

I have had a total of 3 rafflesia plants and I am a regular player who is able to collect from the glimmergate usually every 2 hours. At this rate I wont be done until the end of the year.

I think TL's calculator is missing a few numbers or might have an extra.. 11 like Nigel Tufnels Amp

olcastle
06-07-14, 03:17 PM
They are not gonna change anything. If they did that they would be admitting that they screwed up.

They did admit they screwed up before with math (garnet adventure).
But didn't bother to fix it anyway:)
Guys! Aggwynn and Glimmergate! We need at least 1200 shards and 1200 fragments for Sister, Sister goal. So you would know LOL.

Queenzod
06-07-14, 03:56 PM
This is complete BS. I haven't gotten a single glimmer fragment all day!

cole7286
06-07-14, 03:57 PM
This is a horrible and pathetic task. I want things rectified. :mad:

doobievilla
06-07-14, 04:15 PM
This is a horrible and pathetic task. I want things rectified. :mad:

It was implied that it was it a long range goal but Aggwynn's comment pissed me off.. I am not happy that a dev made this comment.. in fact i am super pissed.

puunpet
06-07-14, 04:15 PM
They did admit they screwed up before with math (garnet adventure).
But didn't bother to fix it anyway:)
Guys! Aggwynn and Glimmergate! We need at least 1200 shards and 1200 fragments for Sister, Sister goal. So you would know LOL.

 absolutely agree, that's why I ignore Sis to Sis and Ivy's quest. I just do it sooner or later to finish it doesn't matter to me. As Ivy's said in the very first "I think A Few will do"

My suggestion is don't put too much on any quests just happy to play and make our goal, that's it.;)

Mylly2
06-07-14, 04:26 PM
So, if I had kept my 6 inscriptions in storage instead of giving them to the Sister goal, I would've been able to move on from the new goal because TL changed the rules?
That doesn't seem right, some players get to move on, others don't, just because of where they were placed? (Either in our inventories or given to goal).
If you've done the trade, you've done the trade. It shouldn't matter how or where they are placed.
My 5 trades aren't recognized, but someone's in storage is?

pikachu73
06-07-14, 05:06 PM
We need a fortune from the fortune tellers tent to give us some shards and dust. Please ..... ��

We need an adventure that drops glimmer shards, glimmer fragments and plants

outhouse01
06-07-14, 05:36 PM
Ok, I was horrible at math and someone will most probably pick me up on my calculations, but here goes.

1. You need 5 fragments and 5 shards to grow a dark seed (plus 3 pile of seeds but I'm not counting these my my calculations).
2. When growing seeds on average you get 3 (sometimes 2 and sometimes 4, for me this averages to 3 per grow).
3. 17 plants are needed to get an inscription. I'm using 20 grows, as we don't always get what we want from the drops each time. But I do think it is actually more than 20, but 20 is just a figure.
4. At 20 plants you need 100 fragments and 100 shards.
5. If you collect from the gate every 2 hours you can collect 12 times a day if you don't sleep.
6. Each collection yields 1 shard and 1 fragment. We know this is not the case. Sometimes 2 of something and sometimes none of anything. Im just averaging 1 per collection.
7. That means approx 8 days to get the required glimmer bits. IF you don't sleep, just to maybe get enough plants for 1 inscription.
8. 20 inscriptions (yes this one only needs 5, but just humour me) equals 160 days or approx 5 months to get the 20.

All the above does not take into account the 1 collection we can do per day from G's castle and the very very minor chance the dark garden will chuck out a plant. But my experience is it won't make a difference.

After all of that, as I do sleep, these calculations are already out the window as the glimmer bits won't come as noted above. Therefore my consertive 5 months has at least doubled to 10. Whilst I still continue to plug along, I'm thinking snooze like on this one.

There really needs to be something good around the corner, or is that a gem buy only glimmer bit (as opposed to dust) trove I see in the future that will still only drop a glimmer bit or 2 every 5 hours. Even that still won't really help if my calculations are anywhere even on the mark.

Thanks all for letting me humour you with my drivvle.

Happy clicking and hunting.

Cheers

meme1098
06-07-14, 05:56 PM
Yea...it's just totally ridiculous. The gate, Greseldas castle, & garden need to be guaranteed drops and increased to 2 or 3 of each at each collection just to make these goals anywhere close to reasonable.
Ain't gonna happen though so I'm just gonna work on building up my stocks on other items, like mermaid scales that seem to be a little absent from ponds & wells lately.

outhouse01
06-07-14, 06:58 PM
I have a 4th lesson for Ivy, Belladonna and Griselda.

Please do not come to my castle looking for jousting sticks for Thurston. My neighbour Mr Kerrigan will tell you "you're dreaming".

I'm off. Gotta move the Kingswood, to get to the Torana, to move the Commodore to finally get to the gate to get a fragment. That is only if my good neighbour Mr Kerrigan has not ripped the gate off already in frustration. If not, those flipping greyhounds have most probably eaten my shard.

Ok, a long stretch, but fragments and shards are still on topic.

Cheers

For those non Aussies that don't understand. Google jousting sticks.

Mylly2
06-07-14, 08:23 PM
I'm an Aussie too zakandcob. I understood every word of the post and found it fun too, thanks outhouse01 for the laugh.

suziizme
06-07-14, 09:10 PM
What do people think of the magic fruit tree for 120 gems? I'm not sure whether I need it as currently there isn't a big demand for magic fruit? The main thing that uses them is the exchange and it is optional as to whether you do those exchanges.

It's pretty!

suziizme
06-07-14, 09:14 PM
Step 2:
Visist Greselda 3 x

Step 3: (Click means not from inventory, just like craft)
Click 20 Mushrooms
Click 20 Ponds
**** 3 Skunkpines
**** 3 Fangbeasts
Click 20 flowers

Step 4:
Brew lesson one (Potion Shop)
15 mushrooms, 5 rat tails, 10 water - 5 mins (you need to do this x3)

Step 5:
Trade with belladonna (royal exchange one that's already there)
15 living wood, 30 mushrooms, 15 rat tails - 5 hours

Step 6:
Brew lesson two:
5 bones, 5 creep tooth, 5 mermaid scales - 10 mins ( you have to do it 5x)

step 7:
Check ivy house x3

Step 8:
Visit Greselda

Step 9:
Brew Lesson 3
2 magic fruit, 2 floral glow, 2 Faeries Murr - 20 mins (You have to do it 6 times)

step 10:
Tend a magic fruit tree x1
(REWARD IS 20 GEMS) (I stopped here since I don't need tree)

Did I totally miss the outcome? Is she going to be a witch? It just sort of seemed to end with the goals complete.

DrP4ever
06-07-14, 10:08 PM
Why oh why can't my 5 inscriptions already given count! And why oh why can't we have better drops? So ridiculous! And no I not having fun doing other things. I'm pretty much maxed at everything so nothing to do but slowly try to get trade tickets, another forever goal!

susbebe
06-08-14, 01:31 AM
I cut be nice if we cut craft glimmer shard in the magic forge, using stone ( who we alway max out on ) iron and glimmer dust / faerie bulb.

ciarjen
06-08-14, 02:28 AM
Ok, I was horrible at math and someone will most probably pick me up on my calculations, but here goes.

1. You need 5 fragments and 5 shards to grow a dark seed (plus 3 pile of seeds but I'm not counting these my my calculations).
2. When growing seeds on average you get 3 (sometimes 2 and sometimes 4, for me this averages to 3 per grow).
3. 17 plants are needed to get an inscription. I'm using 20 grows, as we don't always get what we want from the drops each time. But I do think it is actually more than 20, but 20 is just a figure.
4. At 20 plants you need 100 fragments and 100 shards.
5. If you collect from the gate every 2 hours you can collect 12 times a day if you don't sleep.
6. Each collection yields 1 shard and 1 fragment. We know this is not the case. Sometimes 2 of something and sometimes none of anything. Im just averaging 1 per collection.
7. That means approx 8 days to get the required glimmer bits. IF you don't sleep, just to maybe get enough plants for 1 inscription.
8. 20 inscriptions (yes this one only needs 5, but just humour me) equals 160 days or approx 5 months to get the 20.

All the above does not take into account the 1 collection we can do per day from G's castle and the very very minor chance the dark garden will chuck out a plant. But my experience is it won't make a difference.

After all of that, as I do sleep, these calculations are already out the window as the glimmer bits won't come as noted above. Therefore my consertive 5 months has at least doubled to 10. Whilst I still continue to plug along, I'm thinking snooze like on this one.

There really needs to be something good around the corner, or is that a gem buy only glimmer bit (as opposed to dust) trove I see in the future that will still only drop a glimmer bit or 2 every 5 hours. Even that still won't really help if my calculations are anywhere even on the mark.

Thanks all for letting me humour you with my drivvle.

Happy clicking and hunting.

Cheers

As you need 17 plants per inscription and the drop rates are so random and imbalanced, I would say you need many more than 20 plants to complete what is needed for the exchange.....that is what has been my experience anyway.

So this is a very, very long term goal. At the rate it is going I would say it will be at least 2015 before Sister, Sister is complete. I don't mind long term goals but I am completely baffled as to why a new quest is a duplicate of a previous one.

There are so many resources available in this game so why are we limited to only needing glimmer shard/fragments and piles of seeds to complete two quests?

I have mentioned this before that the only way to make adamant is using glimmer shards and fragments. Yes, those things which are in short supply for a quest which is likely to run for months and months!

I bought 2 mithril dragons for 800 gems. I don't mind spending some money to support the game that I play but now I either have to waste that Mithril I have paid real money for or try to do the Sister/Sister/Ivy quests.

This is not right. People who are spending gems to buy premium in-game items should not be penalized for it. It is not necessary when there are so many resources in the game which could be used for complete quests/craft items. I have a lot of resources maxed out which are never used and instead I will spend the rest of the year trying to get the shards/fragments and not collecting from the Mithril dragons which I paid money for.

I do think that TL are committed to providing a game which players enjoy playing as well as protecting their business interests but I think they have miscalculated this one and I am hoping they review it and make changes which are necessary.

outhouse01
06-08-14, 03:19 AM
Thanks to my fellow Aussies for replying. I even cracked myself up when I read my post again, I was going to sign off from Mr Forque (sorry cannot remember the spelling of the name) and remind everyone one of what he had in mind, however, I don't think that would have made it through. Oh well, off to the pool room now to see what I can find. You never know there maybe a fragment or shard lying around, or hanging on the wall. Got it back on topic again.

Cheers.

rosym47
06-08-14, 03:27 AM
Apologies if this has been posted before but when doing "One good witch" you need three skunkupines and loveupines do not count. You need to visit flowers too and flowering bushes do not count.

GC5410
06-08-14, 04:08 AM
I've already mentioned this on another thread weeks ago, but why can't TL just bring back the glimmmer golems? They gave shards and fragments and activated at the gate. TL have already created them (but then unlike all the other "monsters" they didn't stick around after the goals were completed) so less work to add them back into the game than something new (plus all that work to create them, they may as well use them for longer than "5 minutes").

newzealander
06-08-14, 05:24 AM
Thanks to my fellow Aussies for replying. I even cracked myself up when I read my post again, I was going to sign off from Mr Forque (sorry cannot remember the spelling of the name) and remind everyone one of what he had in mind, however, I don't think that would have made it through. Oh well, off to the pool room now to see what I can find. You never know there maybe a fragment or shard lying around, or hanging on the wall. Got it back on topic again.

Cheers.

Just read your post, and it's not just the Aussies that got a kick out of it ;-). It went straight to the Pool Room. Now I'm off to dig a hole...

outhouse01
06-08-14, 06:04 AM
Just read your post, and it's not just the Aussies that got a kick out of it ;-). It went straight to the Pool Room. Now I'm off to dig a hole...

Thanks for the support NZ. I think it's an Outrageous Fortune what TL require at this time. Even all the hoochi mummas could not get those glimmer bits in time. Still on topic, Hope you can see the fun side in my comments.

O11, back to you for research.

Cheers.

kyrret
06-08-14, 06:44 AM
I've been playing this game for a long time now and am level 41. This inscription business is just about defeating me. I never get pitcher plants and collecting glimmer fragments takes forever. I will soon be cancelling the game.

oliverrr11
06-08-14, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the support NZ. I think it's an Outrageous Fortune what TL require at this time. Even all the hoochi mummas could not get those glimmer bits in time. Still on topic, Hope you can see the fun side in my comments.

O11, back to you for research.

Cheers.

I'm on it! So far I found a low budget '97 Aussie movie "The Castle", which I haven't seen, I saw pics of your 3 very old cars, and jousting sticks is actually the only thing I didn't have to look up. Still piecing this all together here....

Gotta go see if my gate stopped glowing yet. I'm three trap plants short of my first exchange that will count towards the new inscription needs, since it doesn't seem like they are going to count all my given ones like they should.

Ha! This will be 1 of 5, and I'm only close to getting that one because I had most of the plants needed before this "new" goal was given!

echowuuu
06-08-14, 07:35 AM
Can anyone confirm spending 100 gems will give 5 inscriptions to both goals?

I m 15/20 in sister goal, the problem is I handed them in before the persuasion goal.

dragon2046
06-08-14, 07:45 AM
Can anyone confirm spending 100 gems will give 5 inscriptions to both goals?

I m 15/20 in sister goal, the problem is I handed them in before the persuasion goal.

Yes it does. And it was well worth it if you have the gems saved of course. :)

bisonbuy
06-08-14, 08:46 AM
I am a level 50 player and play the game daily, if not hourly. The amount of resources required for this current quest is extreme to say the least and not sure if there will be any great significance. We long term players have accumulated a large number of game coins. What good are these coins if we do not have an occasional option to purchase something that could benefit our current needs? Maybe an occasional gem purchase would be nice and I'm sure appreciated. This would help deplete our large coin collection and help us accomplish some of the resource needs that are required. I know I could use some gems especially since I often "spend " them in error since there is no fail safe system to avoid this type of gem loss.

I love this game, but as with anything else, there is always room for improvement.

katbtodd
06-08-14, 09:47 AM
3.One Good Witch
Tend Mushroom Patches x 20
Tend Ponds/Wells x 20
Battle Skunkpines x 3
Battle Fangbeast x 3
Tend Flowers x 20
Rewards: 1,700 Coins, 6 XP

Valentine skunkipine do NOT count I just tried it

Castloninian
06-08-14, 10:24 AM
3.One Good Witch
Tend Ponds/Wells x 20
Battle Skunkpines x 3
Battle Fangbeast x 3
Tend Flowers x 20

Valentine skunkipine do NOT count I just tried it
And neither does the multi-color hedge.

Anyuszko
06-08-14, 12:22 PM
I am a level 50 player and play the game daily, if not hourly. The amount of resources required for this current quest is extreme to say the least and not sure if there will be any great significance. We long term players have accumulated a large number of game coins. What good are these coins if we do not have an occasional option to purchase something that could benefit our current needs? Maybe an occasional gem purchase would be nice and I'm sure appreciated. This would help deplete our large coin collection and help us accomplish some of the resource needs that are required. I know I could use some gems especially since I often "spend " them in error since there is no fail safe system to avoid this type of gem loss.

I love this game, but as with anything else, there is always room for improvement.

Actually some times you Can use ur coins. In the last xmas event I bought (regular) xmas trees for about 4 milions. Spent almost all my money, but got some nice things from those trees. Now I have again 5mill, waiting fr a next event like this.

DrP4ever
06-08-14, 02:47 PM
Another day and not even one plant closer. This is ridiculous!

katbtodd
06-08-14, 03:59 PM
Another day and not even one plant closer. This is ridiculous!

I'm not getting the shards and dust ,,drops are so bad

my607
06-08-14, 04:06 PM
This is the worse of all updates it takes so long just to make one inscription. This is so boring too I'm about to fall asleep doing a this dumb quest. Before the shards and fragments I would get 1 of each at GG now it's one or the either. Sometimes nothing from anywhere.

DeeDeeBird70
06-08-14, 04:17 PM
I had 3 Inscriptions in inventory and was able to get two more. visited Greselda the 3 times and now working on the next step.
3.One Good Witch
Tend Ponds/Wells x 20
Battle Skunkpines x 3
Battle Fangbeast x 3
Tend Flowers x 20

Just wanted to let everyone know that red mushroom circles do not count, neither do Lovecupines or any Valentine flower. The swampy pond does count toward the wells and ponds. Gold and blue flowers count, so not just Iceland poppies.

ghjvcucjb
06-08-14, 09:16 PM
This is the worse of all updates it takes so long just to make one inscription. This is so boring too I'm about to fall asleep doing a this dumb quest. Before the shards and fragments I would get 1 of each at GG now it's one or the either. Sometimes nothing from anywhere.

I promise you this is not the worse update ever. The valentine botanical took me 11 + months of crafting every day to finally get 1 missing flower. When this goal hits 1 year to finish THEN it can be a contender for worst update ever.

oliverrr11
06-08-14, 09:47 PM
I promise you this is not the worse update ever. The valentine botanical took me 11 + months of crafting every day to finally get 1 missing flower. When this goal hits 1 year to finish THEN it can be a contender for worst update ever.

Ah! ghjuxybub! We meet again! I have to disagree with you and agree with my607. This would be THE WORST UPDATE EVER! .....if we need this to move on. I still can't get an answer on this.

Castloninian
06-08-14, 09:59 PM
I had 3 Inscriptions in inventory and was able to get two more. visited Greselda the 3 times and now working on the next step.
3.One Good Witch
Tend Ponds/Wells x 20
Battle Skunkpines x 3
Battle Fangbeast x 3
Tend Flowers x 20

Just wanted to let everyone know that red mushroom circles do not count, neither do Lovecupines or any Valentine flower. The swampy pond does count toward the wells and ponds. Gold and blue flowers count, so not just Iceland poppies.
Red mushroom circles worked for me, they're the only ones I have out and I've completed the goal.

dragoniakingdom
06-08-14, 10:12 PM
This is annoying I just cannot get any Rafflesia. I only ever received one (yes 1) for all the time the sister,sister quest has been sitting there......

Current stocks:

38 trap plants
23 pitcher plants
0 rafflesia

Now the seeds have stopped dropping:mad:.

DeeDeeBird70
06-08-14, 11:05 PM
Red mushroom circles worked for me, they're the only ones I have out and I've completed the goal.

Whoops, my error. It was the fluttermush circles that did not count. I have two of each at the edge and they're somewhat hidden by bushes. Red mushroom circles do count. As so often happens, when you really need something, it becomes scarce. Now it is skunkupines that are hiding. But eventually they will turn up and I can move on to the next step.

For all of you who are griping about the slow pace of this goal, at least there is a goal to work on. As Queenzod said earlier, we had months last summer where the only thing was cooking up feasts to send the knights (castle only) out on quests and upgrading buildings.

outhouse01
06-09-14, 01:55 AM
I'm on it! So far I found a low budget '97 Aussie movie "The Castle", which I haven't seen, I saw pics of your 3 very old cars, and jousting sticks is actually the only thing I didn't have to look up. Still piecing this all together here....

Gotta go see if my gate stopped glowing yet. I'm three trap plants short of my first exchange that will count towards the new inscription needs, since it doesn't seem like they are going to count all my given ones like they should.

Ha! This will be 1 of 5, and I'm only close to getting that one because I had most of the plants needed before this "new" goal was given!

Low budget maybe, but that movie is folk law in AUS. Best AUS movie by a country mile (if you dont count crackerjack, that is a different story again). I guess if you don't understand Aussie humour (I'm not saying you personally) people will not get the movie. I'm sorry I lead you astray on the jousting sticks, I'm sure you knew what they were. That comment was pivotal to my post, hence, my fellow Aussies and kiwi cousin friend knew exactly what I was saying, and it fitted the bill perfectly. Take the time to watch, just insert your US terms for our AUS terms (if you can understand it).

Back to crackerjack, to get back on topic, I bet Bernie Fowler wished he had more glimmer on his fancy dress costume. I wish mine did. Another one for you to research, and yes, a Torana is in it, a fancy one also, it's a lift back, very swish in the day. I think there's also a Gemini, another iconic Aussie car. Best of all, the wheel of cheese, classic.

Back to plants in 24 hours, I've increased my plant haul by 2. Just enough for one inscription.

I'm definitely in for the long haul, no witness protection for me.

Cheers

maguar
06-09-14, 02:13 AM
"What do you call this?"
"Thread on the new update"
"Sensational"

Please move discussions on the castle movie to the "pool room" aka off topic forum and keep this to the update.

* Bits in quote marks are references to the movie used as a way to keep "the vibe" while getting the thread back on track

wassupbaby
06-09-14, 02:32 AM
wow too many negative feedbacks. Need i say more ...? :)

Mylly2
06-09-14, 02:37 AM
maguar, is it true that the inscription goal was changed from make 5....to 5 in your storage would count?
I've made 6 trades, but gave them all to Sister Sister, I didn't keep them in my inventory, so if it's true, how come my 5 don't count, but someone who had them in storage does count? A trade is a trade.

"Chicken, icecream, rissoles".

jim23cash
06-09-14, 03:17 AM
Since the forge already has a recipe that uses both shards and fragments along with Mithril to make Adamant, perhaps a "reverse" recipe could be made that takes one Adamant, and creates the same amount of shards, fragments and Mithril?
That way it would still be challenging, since Adamant doesn't grow on trees...
;)

labsandboxers
06-09-14, 05:45 AM
Does anyone have any additional info on step ten? That's the optionL timed quest. I should be there in a few days. I am just try to plan ahead and wonder if I need to try to plan it for the week end.

Castloninian
06-09-14, 05:58 AM
Does anyone have any additional info on step ten? That's the optionL timed quest. I should be there in a few days. I am just try to plan ahead and wonder if I need to try to plan it for the week end.

There's nothing to it, just two days to decide if you want to buy the magic fruit tree and get 20 gems back (so it costs 100 gems instead of 120). You can still buy it at a later date but it'll cost the full 120 gems.

Petasos
06-09-14, 06:57 AM
I saw this as an opportunity to purchase 5 inscriptions for 100 gems and shave a month off of the quest. Best 100 gems I have spent so far.

belbar22
06-09-14, 06:57 AM
I have not been able to make a single inscription since this quest started and I only have 5 for sister sister which unfortunately do not count for this quest. This is very demoralising particularly as I play more than hourly. It shouldn't take this long. Please can we have fragments and shards dropping from additional sources. This is ridiculous. The game is supposed to be fun but it isn't when you can't make reasonable progress towards a quest.

jimboser
06-09-14, 07:09 AM
I have not been able to make a single inscription since this quest started and I only have 5 for sister sister which unfortunately do not count for this quest. This is very demoralising particularly as I play more than hourly. It shouldn't take this long. Please can we have fragments and shards dropping from additional sources. This is ridiculous. The game is supposed to be fun but it isn't when you can't make reasonable progress towards a quest.

It's a long term quest, it will take care of itself in time. Ivy has no patience, and look at the trouble she gets herself in.

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-09-14, 07:59 AM
Yeah Jim, but TWO long term quests back-to-back is a bit much, don't ya think?

AVAL0NIAN
06-09-14, 08:57 AM
I can accept that both the Sister sister and Ivy's lessons quest are longer term objectives as long as there is some reassurance from TL that these 2 quest are not in the main storyline. Especially as there seems to be a limited timed event coming up on the last weeks of June. There is so much resentment generated by these new developments, but absolutely no feedback from TL. Their comments on this issue will be much appreciated.

jessicattt
06-09-14, 10:31 AM
Not getting any pitcher plants and it's driving me crazy. This is going to take me FOREVER.

belbar22
06-09-14, 10:35 AM
It's a long term quest, it will take care of itself in time. Ivy has no patience, and look at the trouble she gets herself in.

Lol, she's not the only one. I am normally very patient. Just having a bad day.

Queenzod
06-09-14, 11:26 AM
Lol, she's not the only one. I am normally very patient. Just having a bad day.

I am normally patient, too, but I have been irritable as anything since the dragon quest. What a waste of time and resources! Mostly what I'm maxed out on. Where's the fix for the glitch? They hinted it would be out a week ago, and no news since. Do they expect us just to forget?

And what is this obsession TL has with draining resources? It's mushrooms and rat tails on this latest one. Can't we use up some beams and blocks, which I'm also maxed on? How about purple hide, faery crystals (whatever those blue things are), apples? Hey, TL, how about returning the inscriptions you stole because you can't seem to do a simple check of your programming before rolling out another update?

I am just so bummed out and bored by this whole game at this point.

eepopp
06-09-14, 12:09 PM

I'm with you. This game had a lot of momentum over the last 8-9 months, but these Inscription quests seem to have slowed everything down. I guess I was just used to weekly sprints, and it's tough to switch gears for a marathon.

I'm largely ignoring the Inscriptions, and I found that I've been logging in less and playing less due to the Inscriptions requirements. I keep looking at the rewards for both, and just don't see a great payoff. At least with the T&T badges, I got badges and could build the Knight's Hall with in-game resources. The Inscriptions quests give me a 20 gem rebate on a Fruit Tree I don't need, and a paltry Gem reward that I could earn from playing other Storm8 games.

I hope this Thursday's Update gets us back on the weekly sprint cycles.

55lee55
06-09-14, 12:48 PM

Me too. I looked at the resources this snooze would cost and spent my gems to get by it before I became so irritated that I went looking for a new favorite game.

Not ready to do that...yet. Getting close though, and hope that as I reach Level 50 there will be some incentive in view to keep me hanging around. Not seeing it, and with no place to expand to, no Levels to level up above 50, and none of the "You need to Level Up to be able to get/do to get/do X" with "X" actually forthcoming, and nothing but 5 more Inscriptions that might take months to get to prove nothing that I see, except to leave me once again with no Quest Book and an apparently dead end story line, come on TL, throw us something interesting please?

Ivy was wishy washy from the start and all we find is that she is still Ivy, nothing changed except we either dumped massive amounts of resources or spent many gems to get past this without falling asleep to find out that nothing has moved forward at all since Kaz left after building a house, vault and Castle! Where is the story line?

PreservedKillick
06-09-14, 01:55 PM
I'm with you. This game had a lot of momentum over the last 8-9 months, but these Inscription quests seem to have slowed everything down. I guess I was just used to weekly sprints, and it's tough to switch gears for a marathon.

I'm largely ignoring the Inscriptions, and I found that I've been logging in less and playing less due to the Inscriptions requirements. I keep looking at the rewards for both, and just don't see a great payoff. At least with the T&T badges, I got badges and could build the Knight's Hall with in-game resources. The Inscriptions quests give me a 20 gem rebate on a Fruit Tree I don't need, and a paltry Gem reward that I could earn from playing other Storm8 games.

I hope this Thursday's Update gets us back on the weekly sprint cycles.

I TOTALLY agree. What used to be a fun game with a good sense of humor had gotten to be a chore. I don't expect things to be handed to us, but this Inscription thing is ridiculous. Between this and the poor way in which Egg-gate has yet to be resolved, I am really considering tossing this game in the Biz bag.

TL, please make this game fun again! Please make acquiring the Inscriptions something that is much easier to do. It seems as if more than a few of us feel this way. There have to be many, many more who either don't post or don't know of the forum. Give us our fun game back!

maguar
06-09-14, 02:26 PM
maguar, is it true that the inscription goal was changed from make 5....to 5 in your storage would count?
I've made 6 trades, but gave them all to Sister Sister, I didn't keep them in my inventory, so if it's true, how come my 5 don't count, but someone who had them in storage does count? A trade is a trade.

Hi Mylly2 the goal change from get 5 to have 5. So if you currently have 5 in your inventory it'll count them. If you gave 5 to sister, sister then you had 5 which doesn't count. The feedback on this has been passed on.

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-09-14, 02:54 PM
One of these new dang dragons needs to be burping up some glimmer parts!!!
...just saying. lol

Mylly2
06-09-14, 03:57 PM
Thank you maguar for replying and passing on the feedback.
Hopefully those of us who have done the trade, but gave them rather than store them, can move on like other players have been able to.

katbtodd
06-09-14, 05:14 PM
All done with the quest,,, can't wait for next up date,,

llamafarms
06-09-14, 06:30 PM
I still don't even have one for this quest. I have three already sent to Sister Sister. Not enough resources...

my607
06-09-14, 07:55 PM
I don't have one either. I gave four to Sister Sister goal. Not enough fragments and shards. Can't the dragons give us some shards or fragments? So hard getting the right plant. Snoring on this goal.

aypeerez
06-09-14, 08:48 PM
Addiction to CS cured by Belladonna - instead of rushing round my kingdom busy with quest tasks and always yearning for (and sometimes spending gems on) more energy I now only have to drop in once every couple of hours to see whether the glimmergate has dropped any glimmer and a quick check of other sources, throw a few crops into the kitchen then nothing to do but wait. One of the 5 scripts completed so far - 9 of the plants I need one of are ready and one only of the ones I need 10 of are completed so even when I finally manage to get the dark seeds organised I often get a plant I can't use - Ho hum I am playing other games more and this one less, sadly with neighbours also frustrated but not motivated by this task to spend gems - lemonade apple pie and orange cobbler can be generating gems in the time it takes to get this trade together so generating gems over night while on this task that seems likely to take months to complete and playing other games is starting to get my interest more. Thanks To Ivy and her sister my first and last waking moments each day are not thoughts of CS. Addiction cured!

fabulus12
06-09-14, 08:55 PM
Addiction to CS cured by Belladonna - instead of rushing round my kingdom busy with quest tasks and always yearning for (and sometimes spending gems on) more energy I now only have to drop in once every couple of hours to see whether the glimmergate has dropped any glimmer and a quick check of other sources, throw a few crops into the kitchen then nothing to do but wait. One of the 5 scripts completed so far - 9 of the plants I need one of are ready and one only of the ones I need 10 of are completed so even when I finally manage to get the dark seeds organised I often get a plant I can't use - Ho hum I am playing other games more and this one less, sadly with neighbours also frustrated but not motivated by this task to spend gems - lemonade apple pie and orange cobbler can be generating gems in the time it takes to get this trade together so generating gems over night while on this task that seems likely to take months to complete and playing other games is starting to get my interest more. Thanks To Ivy and her sister my first and last waking moments each day are not thoughts of CS. Addiction cured!
I agree, I found I still like the other games I bought, that I don't need to spend money on gems to play. I actually wasn't on this game all weekend, spent time with family instead of on my phone every second.

eepopp
06-09-14, 10:28 PM
I agree, I found I still like the other games I bought, that I don't need to spend money on gems to play. I actually wasn't on this game all weekend, spent time with family instead of on my phone every second.

I've been playing that Make it Rain game. It's a little boring, but it is presently holding my interest far more than the Inscription quests.

I reached a point where every swipe now generates 100 Billion base, and with modifiers it's 300 Billion. I can average 2.1 KB (KiloBillion?/Trillion) per second, and I've saved 1.1 MB (MegaBillion?/Quadrillion). I don't know if that's good..., but I'd rather play the Make it Rain game than Castle Story right now because I can see I'm making progress in that game despite the heavy grind.

http://i58.tinypic.com/16a8gaa.jpg

kudukuda
06-09-14, 11:08 PM
I've been playing that Make it Rain game. It's a little boring, but it is presently holding my interest far more than the Inscription quests.

I reached a point where every swipe now generates 100 Billion base, and with modifiers it's 300 Billion. I can average 2.1 KB (KiloBillion?/Trillion) per second, and I've saved 1.1 MB (MegaBillion?/Quadrillion). I don't know if that's good..., but I'd rather play the Make it Rain game than Castle Story right now because I can see I'm making progress in that game despite the heavy grind.

I agree. Not as far along as you in the money game but i havent deleted it yet either.
I actually have fragments. It's the seeds that are ****ing me. Dont want more than three conservatories and they dont make nearly enough seeds.

outhouse01
06-09-14, 11:24 PM

http://i58.tinypic.com/16a8gaa.jpg

Lol. I thought, yep that game was very lame, however, as you put it, at least swiping on a pad a while, is better than snoozing waiting to collect from a gate that still gives not much.

TL, are you seriously listening, we know you watch. What more do you need to hear from us mere mortals.

It's Tuesday arvo for me, Friday morning had better be a good one (Friday is my update day). If it has anything to do with a gate, fragment, shard or any type of seeds, we will all need witness protection from the ensuing comments.

Back to you, to sort this mess out.

There is long term, and well, there is this ..... Snoozeville.

Cheers

echowuuu
06-09-14, 11:40 PM
I gotta agree this update took my addiction away, now I m calm more than ever. Normally I would rushing in the gem store and get my fix, but not this time :)

DrP4ever
06-10-14, 05:09 AM
Still no further. Did get one plant. But out of shards and fragments. Last collection Zilch!

jodi0122
06-10-14, 06:20 AM

Ditto.

I have 92 gems saved and came very close to just buying the rest so I could skip the quest, but I just bought a bunch of gems for the sparkling and mithril dragons, can't justify buying any more.

Sad, this was my favorite game

belbar22
06-10-14, 07:11 AM
Still waiting for enough seeds to make a dark plant to make a plant which I can actually use to make my first inscription for this update. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I get that this is a long term goal, but PLEASE introduce other sources of shards and fragments.

eepopp
06-10-14, 07:55 AM
Still waiting for enough seeds to make a dark plant to make a plant which I can actually use to make my first inscription for this update. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I get that this is a long term goal, but PLEASE introduce other sources of shards and fragments.

Since Griselda came through the Glimmergate, surely it would be relatively easy for her to negotiate a trade with the Glimmer Golems on the other side for glimmer fragments.

I would trade Trade tickets, Wisp Lanterns, Mithril, Enchanted Essences, Myrhic Essences, Jewels, Silver, Feral Magic, Ornate Blocks or even Adamant in the Royal Exchange just to get more Glimmer fragments.

I would even have my Ruler lead a charge through the Glimmergate to battle the Glimmer Golems to GET Glimmer Fragments. I remember when the Golems first appeared and I was already maxed on Glimmer Fragments when fighting them.

Gosh..., those were the good old days....good times, good times.

http://i57.tinypic.com/i5otpt.jpg

eepopp
06-10-14, 09:04 AM
I would even have my Ruler lead a charge through the Glimmergate to battle the Glimmer Golems to GET Glimmer Fragments.

...thinking about this more..., and I think it's tearing my Ruler apart having Ivy so sad that she can't get further along in her studies and Plant trades. I believe that my Ruler would take matters into her own hands and be more proactive in getting Fragments and Shards.

I imagine that my Ruler would gear up, advance on the Glimmergate to try and lure Glimmer Golems out, and then take what she needed..., all to help Ivy.

http://i61.tinypic.com/5bsbgz.jpg

Disclaimer: Caption made by me..., and it is not from the game.

aypeerez
06-10-14, 09:16 AM
Love your caption eepopp - have another dark plant growing so what to do now - oh yeah, wait ....

kudukuda
06-10-14, 09:27 AM
Eepopp, at the time the limit for shards and fragments was very low. So you were never really really maxed on them.

eepopp
06-10-14, 09:44 AM
Eepopp, at the time the limit for shards and fragments was very low. So you were never really really maxed on them.

I know. I was just making a point that Glimmer Golems were a great source of Glimmer Fragments and Shards. I miss them. I wouldn't mind if they reappeared. I'm hoping that TL gets the *cough* subtle *cough* message, even if it was veiled in my attempt at humor. ;)

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-10-14, 10:09 AM
Second collection in a row from Greselda's garden and it gave me a bag of glimmerdust ... Um.. Huh?
Glimmerdust wasn't even used to BUILD the garden...why isn't a dark garden giving me ...oh, I dunno... dark seeds or... PLANTS!?

Erf, these dark plant quests are a-g-g-r-a-v-a-t-i-n-gggggg. Grr

eepopp
06-10-14, 10:52 AM
Second collection in a row from Greselda's garden and it gave me a bag of glimmerdust ... Um.. Huh?
Glimmerdust wasn't even used to BUILD the garden...why isn't a dark garden giving me ...oh, I dunno... dark seeds or... PLANTS!?

My Ruler talked to Greselda...., and caught her smirking. :p

http://i61.tinypic.com/xf42gg.jpg

Greselda is taunting us and being stingy with her garden, so that Ivy doesn't learn more about Belladonna's past with her!

(Disclaimer: the caption is my own. It didn't come from the game.)

DrP4ever
06-10-14, 10:57 AM
Love the pictures and captions. Also collected from the gate and garden with zilch. Seriously boring. Still need over 60 of the correct plants to move to the second step. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

eepopp
06-10-14, 11:04 AM
Love the pictures and captions. Also collected from the gate and garden with zilch. Seriously boring. Still need over 60 of the correct plants to move to the second step. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Here's my cleaned up source (which is just a cleaned up screenshot) if you or anyone else wants to have fun with it. :)

http://i58.tinypic.com/924w.jpg

Luna48
06-10-14, 11:38 AM
This game is so boring right now. Eepopp thanks for bringing laughter to the forum. TL do you see that the Forum is more interesting and entertaining than CS right now. And there no way to buy gems on the Forum. Oops maybe I shouldn't have said that.

kudukuda
06-10-14, 12:16 PM

I think they meant for seeds to come from the garden, but dust came instead. I mean... If I'm making plants from seeds, at least they could give some back every once in a while.

Mylly2
06-10-14, 01:45 PM
The Valentine flowers drop entwined seedling, maybe TL could release a flower to drop dark seeds. e.g. A black rose, black iris, lavendar etc.

Thanks for the good posts eepopp.

GC5410
06-10-14, 03:03 PM

Interestingly when you reach the glimmer golem goal now (my second account is behind my main one, which is up to date - not including inscriptions), the shard and fragment limits are 99.

mnjcafe
06-10-14, 03:15 PM
I see a caption contest in our future, forum peeps! Nice job, eepopp!

eepopp
06-10-14, 03:39 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/105tds6.jpg

For reference because of the Dragon Egg Glitch Fix:

http://i58.tinypic.com/5vrhqw.jpg

Thanks TeamLava!

meme1098
06-10-14, 03:40 PM
I've been considering it since mine is now 60 gems to skip.

claupu
06-10-14, 03:42 PM
I just got three (three!) Glimmer Fragments from my gate! Did TL increase the drop rate?

meme1098
06-10-14, 03:44 PM
I just got three (three!) Glimmer Fragments from my gate! Did TL increase the drop rate?

Wouldn't that be great! I sure Hope so!

my607
06-10-14, 03:50 PM
Thanks TL for the gems and energies . I appreciate that very much. Finally, it seems like my greenhouse is cooperating with me. I been getting 3 pitcher plants in a row. I hope this keeps up.

my607
06-10-14, 04:41 PM
That's not the case for me I got one of each from GG. Oh well, what can u do.

dolla525
06-10-14, 04:51 PM
What is the reward for this ivys task.. Do we get anything in the end.. Or just learning the lessons??

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-10-14, 05:13 PM
What is the reward for this ivys task.. Do we get anything in the end.. Or just learning the lessons??
Check the first page; it has all of the steps of the quest listed, with the rewards for each ... Ending with getting 20 gems back when you spend 120 gems to buy the new magic fruit tree.

midnightmeerkat
06-10-14, 05:21 PM
Check the first page; it has all of the steps of the quest listed, with the rewards for each ... Ending with getting 20 gems back when you spend 120 gems to buy the new magic fruit tree.

The magic fruit tree is separate from the lessons

tuskmage
06-10-14, 05:33 PM
How about a nice Dark Seeds tree for 120 gems TL? This quest really making me ZzzzzYawnzzzZ (=^0^=)

PMonkey3
06-10-14, 05:34 PM
I think I am experiencing the same thing as many other players. I cannot craft enough of the correct dark plant to complete the trade to get all these inscriptions. For me, it is the Glimmer Pitcher. I will never be able to complete this Persuasion quest. And then to move on to Sister, Sister? Forget it. At the top of the Sister, Sister goal - Greselda says she sill give us three months then reevaluate. I will never complete that in time. This Persusasion goal will take all my inscriptions first. That it assuming I ever make enough of the correct dark plant to complete the trade and receive the inscription. UGH. Even if I could get the correct plant every time at the greenhouse, I rarely have enough materials to make them (shards, fragments, dark seeds, etc).

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-10-14, 05:35 PM
The magic fruit tree is separate from the lessons
Perhaps so, but this update ends with step 10 "you're hot & you're cold" -- which is getting 20 gems back for a 120 gem tree. Or is there some other reward somewhere that I missed (beyond the individual coins/XP rewards of ea step)?

midnightmeerkat
06-10-14, 05:41 PM
Perhaps so, but this update ends with step 10 "you're hot & you're cold" -- which is getting 20 gems back for a 120 gem tree. Or is there some other reward somewhere that I missed (beyond the individual coins/XP rewards of ea step)?

10.You're Hot And You're Cold
#Optional Quest, Timed: 2 Days#
Tend a Magic Fruit Tree x 1
*Buy Magic Fruit Tree from Market
Rewards: 20 Gems, 10 XP

Oh ok ... I see what you mean! You have to buy and tend your tree to get the 20 gems... Hmmmm I'll have to see if I ever finish this one

I wonder if the tree is a possible drop from the adventures?

meme1098
06-10-14, 05:59 PM
I think I am experiencing the same thing as many other players. I cannot craft enough of the correct dark plant to complete the trade to get all these inscriptions. For me, it is the Glimmer Pitcher. I will never be able to complete this Persuasion quest. And then to move on to Sister, Sister? Forget it. At the top of the Sister, Sister goal - Greselda says she sill give us three months then reevaluate. I will never complete that in time. This Persusasion goal will take all my inscriptions first. That it assuming I ever make enough of the correct dark plant to complete the trade and receive the inscription. UGH. Even if I could get the correct plant every time at the greenhouse, I rarely have enough materials to make them (shards, fragments, dark seeds, etc).

The Little Persuasion quest does not "use" the inscriptions. They just show up that you "have" them.

When you get all 5 for this goal and move to the next part of the quest, then & only then should you "give" them to the Sister, Sister goal so they will then be counted there.

And I can't seem to get enough trap plants - 3 trap, 5 pitcher, & 9 rafflesia plants. I get everything else but the one I need.

midnightmeerkat
06-10-14, 06:19 PM
And I can't seem to get enough trap plants - 3 trap, 5 pitcher, & 9 rafflesia plants. I get everything else but the one I need.

I have 34 trap, 1 pitcher and 15 rafflesia plants.

Edit:- just got a pitcher plant from my greenhouse! 2 pitcher plants now!!

meme1098
06-10-14, 06:21 PM
I have 34 trap, 1 pitcher and 15 rafflesia plants.

I wish we could do a trade. :D

PMonkey3
06-10-14, 06:30 PM
The Little Persuasion quest does not "use" the inscriptions. They just show up that you "have" them.

When you get all 5 for this goal and move to the next part of the quest, then & only then should you "give" them to the Sister, Sister goal so they will then be counted there.

Unfortunately, I had already given 2 inscriptions to Sister Sister prior to the Persuasion quest appearing :-( I should have known better.

I wish we could trade some of our plants!

midnightmeerkat
06-10-14, 06:47 PM
Unfortunately, I had already given 2 inscriptions to Sister Sister prior to the Persuasion quest appearing :-( I should have known better.

I wish we could trade some of our plants!

Yes, that would be terrific!

PMonkey3
06-10-14, 08:39 PM
Has anyone actually completed this new quest line yet??.... Three Lessons for Ivy (without using gems or skipping w/ gems)?? Wondering how long it took someone to complete this first part - A Little Persuasion. I am glad TL gave us new goals and all, but this new one (Three Lessons for Ivy) doesn't seem to be going so well. For me at least.

DrP4ever
06-10-14, 08:50 PM
Not me. Don't have the gems. Don't have the plants. One inscription. Zzzzzzzzzzz

Saigon8
06-10-14, 08:52 PM
I got a dark seed earlier and just then a glimmer pitcher plant from the dark garden. Is this a new development? If so, it's a great help. :)

Cesar49
06-11-14, 12:08 AM

I also 'struggle' to get the right plants. In my case, I need 11 more inscriptions and have 11 rafflesia plants (all I need), 10 pitcher plants (almost enough for 2 inscriptions) and just 6 trap plants - not even enough for one inscription.

I know TL love random drops but I wish they'd allow us to choose which plant we make, by changing the amount of seeds needed - when we finally get them! For example: trap plants 2 seeds, pitcher plants 3 seeds and rafflesia 5 seeds.

It would still be a long-term quest but at least then we'd know we were growing what we needed. I'm growing one plant at the moment, and I'll be livid if it turns out to be yet another rafflesia!

Sorry if this has already been suggested, don't have time to plough through all the posts, but it seems a far more satisfactory way of growing the plants. After all, if I want tomatoes in my greenhouse I make sure I sow tomato seeds, not cucumbers or cabbage!!! :rolleyes:

SpiritWind00
06-11-14, 12:09 AM
I'm up to Waiting on Lady Greselda.... Mind you I had my inscriptions in inventory and did not give them to the Sister goal. It's very straight forward once you get past the inscriptions bit, just time to wait for Ivy and Greselda's homes to collect from. Save up your rats tails as you do need a few for this goal. I have not used any gems and have no plans to either.

I hope there can be some resolution for those who had already given the inscriptions to the S/S goal. These things just take time with TL to fix.

Oh and I'm very grateful for the gems and energy too. I think this was a good outcome for most people and for those who are a little disappointed, please remember it's a game to enjoy. If you don't enjoy it, take a short or a forever break from it.
Ok, don't shoot me down! .....

echowuuu
06-11-14, 12:13 AM
Today I made my 16th inscription and thanks god for the new gems, I can skip the rest through gems and no more camping in front of the glimmer gate!

Queenzod
06-11-14, 12:47 AM
Today I made my 16th inscription and thanks god for the new gems, I can skip the rest through gems and no more camping in front of the glimmer gate!

Wow, 16? That's pretty amazing! I've got my 10th in the exchange right now, and I know some people only have 2 or 3. You little speed demon! :) You must be camping in front of the gate with a machete or something.

jasren
06-11-14, 02:18 AM
I havnt even made 1 inscription! Not enough glimmer pitcher plants.... My glimmer gate drops barely anything, and even when I get 5 of each, I get 2 seeds crafted. By the time I get 3, then craft a plant.....yep, wrong plant://///
I suggested a glimmer bits trove a few pages back...was told to add it to suggestion thread...did that.... Still not enough glimmer bits. Can we PLEASE get another source for them? Clearly everyone needs them. With not even one inscription crafted it will take over a year easy :///

outhouse01
06-11-14, 03:02 AM
Lol. I thought, yep that game was very lame, however, as you put it, at least swiping on a pad a while, is better than snoozing waiting to collect from a gate that still gives not much.

TL, are you seriously listening, we know you watch. What more do you need to hear from us mere mortals.

It's Tuesday arvo for me, Friday morning had better be a good one (Friday is my update day). If it has anything to do with a gate, fragment, shard or any type of seeds, we will all need witness protection from the ensuing comments.

Back to you, to sort this mess out.

There is long term, and well, there is this ..... Snoozeville.

Cheers

Ok, the ditzy Aussie is back. Snoozed all yesterday as I was so bored with the new quests (I only have the 2 inscription goals in my book - I'm ignoring the 14 day make it to island 10 of something that also bores me to tears).

Q1. Has anyone worked that rain one out? Unless I am really ditzy, it's just swipe, swipe, swipe, go to the vault and swipe, swipe, swipe again.

Q2. Yes, I obviously played the rain thing, lo and behold, a quest came up to collect from a building. Wouldn't you know it, I got 30 gems from that building, so sweet. Never thought that would happen. Please read between the lines. There is no reward for playing/testing other games. What should I do with those gems?. See Q3.

Q3. Thank you to TL. I also received the apology reward, even though not caught up in the dragon issue, I gave my 200 gems before the quest expired. My way of thinking is, I never get gem sales, so I will take the reward as such. Who wouldn't. So, what do I do with my 80 new gems?. Do i bite the bullet, fork out another 20 and skip this horrendous goal to move on and get the extra 5 tickets to go with my 7 already given to Sister Sister, or do I hold on and slug it out for those random plants?

At present I have 14 traps, 14 pitchers and 14 rafflesia. Spooky, I know.

Q4. What happened to the castle off thread topic. When I try to get in via the sticky, it tells me my server cannot be reached or something to that affect, however all the other links work. Was having so much fun with that. Yes, it did start because of my Aussie (off castle) stories and yes, I did hoodwink the husband about the shoes.

Replies to all 4 questions welcomed.

Cheers to all.

maguar
06-11-14, 03:17 AM
outhouse here are my responses:

A1. Buy the upgrades (swiping, entourage, vault) to increase your income. Avoid the cops as they'll take your case and reduce your earning potential

A3. If you've got all the other decent gem stuff (two wizard schools etc) then skipping the 5 inscriptions can be worthwhile as it'll save you a fair bit of time in those quest lines

A4. Try it again to see if it works now

my607
06-11-14, 04:23 AM
I only have 9 inscriptions so far. I think when I have more inscriptions I will skip the last few ones.

my607
06-11-14, 04:24 AM
Never mind u can't skip it I forgot. The dreaded inscriptions.

jim23cash
06-11-14, 06:03 AM
I spent the 100 gems to skip, and was happy to do so. The inscriptions goal is a little too long term for my taste.
Thank you TL for the gems and energy. :)
Now if you would only take one of the many great ideas for more shards and dust...

belbar22
06-11-14, 06:21 AM
After about 2 days I finally had enough shards and fragments to craft 2 more plants and surprise surprise i got 2 glimmer trap plants when I need 2 glimmer pitcher plants to craft my first inscription for this update. Really, really fed up. Is anybody listening to our suggestions for increasing drops and reducing randomness. I hate this update.

Queenzod
06-11-14, 11:17 AM
Lol, has anyone noticed the ginormous disclaimer on the magic fruit tree goal? "YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PURCHASE THIS!"
Anyone wanna lay bets on how many people ask about this on the forum?

"Do I have to buy this?"

;)

FlowerBurst
06-11-14, 02:15 PM
I finally got my 6th inscription today--actually the first one that counts for A LITTLE PERSUASION. The glimmer fragments have been the most elusive for me. It would be nice if they dropped every time, but that has not been the case--such a disappointment when that happens! However, I certainly do appreciate the occasional Dark Seed drop--wish there were more of those! I do not mind making the dark plants--I just wish I could get enough resources to keep my greenhouses busy! Please help, TL!

belbar22
06-11-14, 02:16 PM
Lol, has anyone noticed the ginormous disclaimer on the magic fruit tree goal? "YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PURCHASE THIS!"

"Do I have to buy this?"

;)

Would hate to disappoint you.

Could someone please confirm if we need to buy the magic fruit tree to progress .....

Lol, if only I could get off the first stage of this quest I would get the chance to see the disclaimer for myself. It looks like unless I spend gems, it will take a couple of months to get this far.

rosewaterlily
06-11-14, 02:18 PM
I finally got a glimmer trap plant today and traded for my fourth inscription. Only TL knows how long it will take me to get the 10 more trap plants (have enough pitcher plants and plenty of rafflesias for another already) to finish the goal (not even going to think about the 20 inscription one). Interestingly besides the inscription, I also got a bag of feral magic as part of my loot.

doobievilla
06-11-14, 02:45 PM

Could someone please confirm if we need to buy the magic fruit tree to progress .....

Lol, if only I could get off the first stage of this quest I would get the chance to see the disclaimer for myself. It looks like unless I spend gems, it will take a couple of months to get this far.

Pretty statight forward if you read the 1st post

Magic Fruit Tree: 120 Gems, Size 2x2, Tend 5 times to grow, 22Hrs to collect, drops Magic Fruit

In other words if you choose to complete the last step it will cost you 100 Gems since you get 20 Gems back.. if not then let it time out.

belbar22
06-11-14, 03:09 PM
Pretty statight forward if you read the 1st post

Magic Fruit Tree: 120 Gems, Size 2x2, Tend 5 times to grow, 22Hrs to collect, drops Magic Fruit

In other words if you choose to complete the last step it will cost you 100 Gems since you get 20 Gems back.. if not then let it time out.
I know, I was joking but thanks anyway. :)

doobievilla
06-11-14, 04:02 PM
I know, I was joking but thanks anyway. :)
You need to do stand up..

SpiritWind00
06-11-14, 04:55 PM

"Do I have to buy this?"

;)

I'm going for about 50 people in another 6 months time though...

I just finished this now, well just crafting the 3rd lessons. I did however buy the Magic Fruit tree last week, so I got 20 back. Nice!

SpiritWind00
06-11-14, 04:59 PM

CONFIRMED... YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY THE TREE. and if you have bought it already it will count when you do get to this goal. So, it will just expire and then go away should you choose not to buy the tree. It's the same as Greselda's fountain, a little extra at the end for those who want something new.

I bought the tree last week. Took (I think) 3-5 tends before fully grown and drops 1 fruit a day.

doobievilla
06-11-14, 05:03 PM
CONFIRMED... YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY THE TREE. and if you have bought it already it will count when you do get to this goal. So, it will just expire and then go away should you choose not to buy the tree. It's the same as Greselda's fountain, a little extra at the end for those who want something new.

I bought the tree last week. Took (I think) 3-5 tends before fully grown and drops 1 fruit a day.
I think Belbar is Seinfeld.. he said it was a joke.. see what you did Mr FunnyMan

DeeDeeBird70
06-11-14, 05:57 PM
Even though it is OPTIONAL I had been thinking about purchasing the Magic Fruit Tree anyways and our gift of the 50 gems from Team Lava sealed the deal. I've been working through the goals since the update. I collected from the second crafting of Lesson Three (out of 6) and Step 10 "You're Hot and You're Cold" popped up. I bought the tree and one hour later tended it and got the 20 gem reward. I still have two Lesson Three craftings to go. I did #3 & #4 while waiting for the tree to cycle.

DrP4ever
06-11-14, 05:57 PM
Another collection, one little fragment. At this rate it will be 2 years before I complete the goal. Zzzzzzzz

doobievilla
06-11-14, 06:06 PM
Another collection, one little fragment. At this rate it will be 2 years before I complete the goal. Zzzzzzzz

Its a long range goal.. why are you guys in such a hurry?

oliverrr11
06-11-14, 07:16 PM
Its a long range goal.. why are you guys in such a hurry?

WE know it's a very long range goal. But does TL see it that way?...and will we need this done to get tomorrow's and future updates? I gave all mine away to sister sister before this came out and I'm at 0 /5. Posted days ago I was almost done with the first one and didn't get the last plant I needed until just now. So I'll be at 1 by tomorrow *extremely small woohoo*. So only reason why I would be in a hurry is to be able to move on. I have no other goals and need something to keep my interest.

Queenzod
06-11-14, 07:29 PM
WE know it's a very long range goal. But does TL see it that way?...and will we need this done to get tomorrow's and future updates? I gave all mine away to sister sister before this came out and I'm at 0 /5. Posted days ago I was almost done with the first one and didn't get the last plant I needed until just now. So I'll be at 1 by tomorrow *extremely small woohoo*. So only reason why I would be in a hurry is to be able to move on. I have no other goals and need something to keep my interest.

It hasn't been three months yet! I've been assuming that we just chug along on this goal, seemingly forever, until at least three months is up. Then something else will happen. I don't know why you'd assume where people are will get in the way of progressing tomorrow.

I had thought that TL threw this long range goal together so we would have something to do with the seeds and glimmerbits.

oliverrr11
06-11-14, 08:22 PM
It hasn't been three months yet! I've been assuming that we just chug along on this goal, seemingly forever, until at least three months is up. Then something else will happen. I don't know why you'd assume where people are will get in the way of progressing tomorrow.

I had thought that TL threw this long range goal together so we would have something to do with the seeds and glimmerbits.

Not sister, sister! The new 5 one is also long range without using 100 gems. That one! I have a gut feeling we need to have it done by tomorrow to continue and without gems that will take weeks/months as well. They are not counting any I have done since I gave them to the other goal. I'm still at 0 until exchange gets back. We have two long term goals, which they may only see as one being so. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Queenzod
06-11-14, 08:54 PM
Not sister, sister! The new 5 one is also long range without using 100 gems. That one! I have a gut feeling we need to have it done by tomorrow to continue and without gems that will take weeks/months as well. They are not counting any I have done since I gave them to the other goal. I'm still at 0 until exchange gets back. We have two long term goals, which they may only see as one being so. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Oh, right. I get it. I thought they fixed it so that all of your tickets counted. I guess I haven't been paying attention. I was off having a snit fit.

Maybe they'll have a different kind of update tomorrow! We can always hope!

SpiritWind00
06-11-14, 09:06 PM
I think Belbar is Seinfeld.. he said it was a joke.. see what you did Mr FunnyMan

I know..... Couldn't resist though!

preinsko
06-11-14, 09:23 PM
I got a dark seed earlier and just then a glimmer pitcher plant from the dark garden. Is this a new development? If so, it's a great help. :)

I noticed that too, right after crabbing on my wall about dark garden not dropping dark plants. However, my problem is fertilizer. Can't get ahead on fertilizer & that stupid grow fairy magic limit drives me crazy because I have to use fertizer to use up fairy seeds.

Queenzod
06-11-14, 09:25 PM
Okay, I've been thinking. If they expect us to take 12 weeks to make 20 inscriptions, a rate of 1.66 per week, they can't possibly have expected people to make 5 in one week. So, tomorrow's update won't have anything to do with inscriptions or last weeks update! Tada!

Them's my thoughts and I'm stickin' to 'em, until proven wrong tomorrow. :)

kudukuda
06-11-14, 11:05 PM
Okay, I've been thinking. If they expect us to take 12 weeks to make 20 inscriptions, a rate of 1.66 per week, they can't possibly have expected people to make 5 in one week. So, tomorrow's update won't have anything to do with inscriptions or last weeks update! Tada!

I know greselda says three months on the sister sister header, but the quest is NOT a timed quest, so I am assuming we have unlimited time to craft all the inscriptions. I currently have just one. I have 4/5 of each plant. No seeds dropping.
But i dont think the quest will disappear.
Will other future quests need this one to be done? Perhaps. But I dubt in the near future.

outhouse01
06-12-14, 12:59 AM
outhouse here are my responses:

A1. Buy the upgrades (swiping, entourage, vault) to increase your income. Avoid the cops as they'll take your case and reduce your earning potential

A3. If you've got all the other decent gem stuff (two wizard schools etc) then skipping the 5 inscriptions can be worthwhile as it'll save you a fair bit of time in those quest lines

A4. Try it again to see if it works now

Ta, thanks for the response.

In relation to A1, I think the only thing getting a workout is my arms. If I'm playing correctly, no need for the gym, my tuckshop lady arms will be gone in no time with the swipe up action.

A3, yes I have everything except the magic fruit tree. I'm leaning towards your suggestion, but, think I will wait for tomorrow to see what eventuates.

A4' thanks.

Cheers all.

belbar22
06-12-14, 05:28 AM

FYI I'm a "she" :).

Note to self - Don't try and make jokes on the forum, people tend to take what you say seriously....

On topic. Still no pitcher plants so no inscriptions for me!!!! ZZZZZZZZZ

belbar22
06-12-14, 05:33 AM

That's my thinking too. I am sure this update won't stop you from progressing, but I am still losing the will to live with this update and I still HATE it.

outhouse01
06-12-14, 05:34 AM

Note to self - Don't try and make jokes on the forum, people tend to take what you say seriously....

Bravo, bravo, well said. I think most people saw the tongue in cheek comment, for what it was, humour.

Yes, I'm still waiting on plants. Except I want the common garden variety traps. I'd trade pitchers and raffeselia in a heartbeat if I could.

Cheers

Beleriand
06-12-14, 07:45 AM
I just collected from my glimmer gate and got coins and NO glimmer bits....grrrrrrr

gdmcrjunkie
06-12-14, 08:18 AM
?!?!?!?!!? I just got 3 shards and 3 fragments from Glimmergate :o Are we finally getting more drops?

dragon2046
06-12-14, 09:04 AM
?!?!?!?!!? I just got 3 shards and 3 fragments from Glimmergate :o Are we finally getting more drops?

That would be great but I think u might have just got really lucky Enjoy. :)

KadeeDid
06-12-14, 09:20 AM
Trade you pitcher plants for traps! I get so many raff plants. I have 10 of them, 4 traps and 5 pitchers. I have done 3 inscriptions but gave the first one so have 3 more to go and then another 14 to make Belladonna happy.

KadeeDid
06-12-14, 09:22 AM
Ta, thanks for the response.

In relation to A1, I think the only thing getting a workout is my arms. If I'm playing correctly, no need for the gym, my tuckshop lady arms will be gone in no time with the swipe up action.

don't forget to exercise both arms! :)

KadeeDid
06-12-14, 09:26 AM
I know greselda says three months on the sister sister header, but the quest is NOT a timed quest, so I am assuming we have unlimited time to craft all the inscriptions. I currently have just one. I have 4/5 of each plant. No seeds dropping.
But i dont think the quest will disappear.
Will other future quests need this one to be done? Perhaps. But I dubt in the near future.

Depends on the definition of unlimited. They removed goals from those of us trying to hatch and feed our dragons. Should have been able to remove only from those without eggs. Hoping I can still hatch my sparkling egg. Matrix was hatched but not fed so lost that goal.

kudukuda
06-12-14, 09:51 AM
Depends on the definition of unlimited. They removed goals from those of us trying to hatch and feed our dragons. Should have been able to remove only from those without eggs. Hoping I can still hatch my sparkling egg. Matrix was hatched but not fed so lost that goal.

But that quest was initially a time limited one that went astray. This one was never time limited (and i know the atching should have been unlimited, but like i said, that was INITIALLY limited)

kudukuda
06-12-14, 09:53 AM

So that should read Ms. FunnyMan or fuunyWOman? ;)
I think you are right and i actually go you humour.
I'm still waiting on 5 traps and one pitcher. Got 6 raffs. But only one inscription. And no bleeping seeds!!!

Queenzod
06-12-14, 10:12 AM
So that should read Ms. FunnyMan or fuunyWOman? ;)
I think you are right and i actually go you humour.
I'm still waiting on 5 traps and one pitcher. Got 6 raffs. But only one inscription. And no bleeping seeds!!!

It's Ms. FunnyPANTS. To you. :)

Sooooo want the update now! Now! Me! Me!

m1stery
06-12-14, 10:29 AM
So when are we getting sneak peek of new update? Aggwynn?

DrP4ever
06-12-14, 12:42 PM
I am on step 3 of the update but still waiting for glimmer parts. Received worthless dust today. Saw you can buy glimmer part rock, with gems. No thanks. If I want to spend gems then I will skip ahead. How about something with coins?

brandonu
06-13-14, 06:11 AM
I am on step 3 of the update but still waiting for glimmer parts. Received worthless dust today. Saw you can buy glimmer part rock, with gems. No thanks. If I want to spend gems then I will skip ahead. How about something with coins? Maybe it will be possible as a crate from a quest, like a glimmerdust trove?

belbar22
06-13-14, 06:20 AM
I have now gone 9 days without gathering enough materials for 1 inscription despite playing at least hourly. This really is too long. At this rate, it will take me a couple of months to get the 5 needed for this update and another 6 months to reach 20 for the other update. Although I have enough gems I really don't want to use them to skip on principle as I never skip. Once again, can I request that drop rates for shards and fragments are reviewed along with the way that completed plans drop. I now have after 9 days, 16 glimmer trap plants, 5 Pitcher Plants and 7 rafflesia with 1 dark seed, 1 shard and 5 fragments.

DrP4ever
06-14-14, 01:05 PM
Oh belbar22 that stinks. I agree the drops are ridiculous. It will be at least 2-3 weeks before I make another inscription at this rate. Zzzzzzzzzz

EBJW
06-14-14, 10:12 PM
I'm so confused right now......
I really thought I had done the right thing, having read and follow the forum, but....

I read when you skip the 5 inscriptions needed with gems, you first must give them to Ivy, quest done, then they can be given to 'sister,sister'.
So I thought, that will work with one inscription as well.

My problem:
When Ivy started with her 'a little persuasion' I had 4 inscriptions, but already given to 'sister,sister' So I had to start all over for Ivy.
This morning I finally received the first inscription: I gave it to Ivy in 'a little persusasion', yep worked: 1/5.
Then I clicked on give in 'sister,sister'. Worked as well: 5/20.
BUT when I went back to 'a little persuasion' I saw 0/5 again.....?!?

Is that correct?
Did I misunderstood?
Must I stop with the 'sister,sister'-quest until I've given Ivy all her 5 inscriptions?

DeeDeeBird70
06-14-14, 10:59 PM
I really thought I had done the right thing, having read and follow the forum, but....

I read when you skip the 5 inscriptions needed with gems, you first must give them to Ivy, quest done, then they can be given to 'sister,sister'.

My problem:
When Ivy started with her 'a little persuasion' I had 4 inscriptions, but already given to 'sister,sister' So I had to start all over for Ivy.
This morning I finally received the first inscription: I gave it to Ivy in 'a little persusasion', yep worked: 1/5.

Is that correct?
Did I misunderstood?
Must I stop with the 'sister,sister'-quest until I've given Ivy all her 5 inscriptions?

That is correct, you must not give any more to Sister, Sister until you've finished with Ivy.
Sorry, but this is a tough one.

outhouse01
06-14-14, 11:09 PM

My problem:

Is that correct?
Did I misunderstood?

Give up on sister sister NOW. It's a con. Keep your inscriptions in inventory until you have 5 for the p one. My pervious 7 given to sister sister meant two parts of bugger all in the p one. Already given my hard earnt, but had to start again.

WARNING, for those who get the sister sister and the p one at the same time, DO NOT give anything until you have at least 5. Then you will move ahead in both. If you give before the 5 p one, you will always be behind. I had thought of skipping the 5' p one, however, after look up at the goals properly, I've decided it can stay in my book. Why would I pay 100 gems to skip, just to use up all my inventory for the next parts, to recieve the end reward of 20 gems off a glimmer bulb tree, that will then cost me 100 gems to provide me with something i am constantly maxed out on.

Cheers

midnightmeerkat
06-14-14, 11:32 PM
These 2 quests are ones that I am treating as filler for between updates to keep me interested. If these were complete I would be tempted to take a break from CS until there's some quests to do.

midnightmeerkat
06-14-14, 11:39 PM

My problem:

Is that correct?
Did I misunderstood?
Yes you misunderstood, first you must have all 5 inscriptions in your inventory to complete 'a little persuasion'. Once that quest is complete then give the 5 inscriptions to the sister, sister quest

AVAL0NIAN
06-15-14, 03:51 AM
These 2 quests are ones that I am treating as filler for between updates to keep me interested. If these were complete I would be tempted to take a break from CS until there's some quests to do.

The problem is we have yet to establish that these apparent long term quest may be required to be completed before moving on with the storyline. Especially this end week event for summer. I'm still holding out and not buying myself out. Not yet at least.

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-15-14, 07:43 AM
The problem is we have yet to establish that these apparent long term quest may be required to be completed before moving on with the storyline. Especially this end week event for summer. I'm still holding out and not buying myself out. Not yet at least.
When I asked in the June sneak peek, Aggwynn said the week long event will be a lower level than the dragon event (which was 28+), so I don't think any of these latest inscription quests have to be completed in order to participate in the event coming up. :)

AVAL0NIAN
06-15-14, 09:19 AM
That's good news. I'm really keen to complete Sister sister without gemming out (at least for some of them). Good luck all.

belbar22
06-15-14, 10:40 AM
Oh belbar22 that stinks. I agree the drops are ridiculous. It will be at least 2-3 weeks before I make another inscription at this rate. Zzzzzzzzzz

Thanks. Now 2 days further on and I still have not got enough pitcher plants to craft 1 inscription. Aargh.

EBJW
06-15-14, 12:46 PM
Thanx for the answers!

These 2 quests are farout the least fun and attractive I've encountered. I play throughout the day, but still it's so difficult to get the right ingredients, the random factor being an issue as well. And now the mixing of 2 quests that intertwine, not clear the do's and don'ts, being so happy I finally had my first inscription for Ivy, and then boing, wrong choice...
No, no fun at all.....

Before I doubted: should I spend the 100 gems to move forward, but hey, the decision is easier now: no way....
I'll bide my time, hope for nicer quests....

dala12
06-15-14, 01:01 PM
I think the sister quest is no fun.... I also gave mine to the wrong sister thread, it really is no fun to do it all over again. It should be connected to each other.

patriziaf
06-15-14, 04:35 PM
Hi, I don't understand the messages in this topic, and I don't understand the 2 quests Sister, Sister and A Little Persuasion.
Here my situation

After A Little Persuasion arrived, I started to receive very few of one flower, and it's weeks now that I'm waiting to have enough flowers for the exchange and for the first new inscription.
Is it a glitch/bug?

outhouse01
06-16-14, 04:00 AM
Ok, almost 24 hours on. My inventory has changed from:

Pile of seeds 3 - was 1
Dark seeds 0 - was 3
Glimmer fragments 2 - was 17
Glimmer shards 13 - was 34.

Glimmer traps 9 - was 6
Glimmer pitchers 13 - was 11
Glimmer rafflesia 11 - was 10.

(7 given inscriptions) - has not changed.

Therefore in almost 24 hours I have grown 6 plants. Still don't have enough of all for 1 inscription.

My fragments have gone, with no place to get them readily (yes I have been collecting from the gate every chance I get), dark seeds are exhausted until I can find more fragments, see above, and seeds, well with 3 conservatories, respite, gardens and whatever spews them out on the odd occasion, I see no point in buying more conservatories as there is no way to keep up with glimmer bits.

I think I will amend my finishing observation. I now believe February 2016 is the time I might get through this at the current rate. Even with new content appearing from time to time, I'm not sure I can stand the boredom of chasing plants.

I'm also thinking, the reprisal of the faerie respite is due this month. Are we going to run into the same problem we had with fragments/shards recently. Remember they were capped at 30 for some time until goals came that needed them. Then the limit was increased. No one collected from their gate at the time as it was a waste of energy to only get the full sign.

My respite and goddess tree have been giving me the full of faerie bags for some time now. What exactly are we in for?

Sorry, gotta go, I think my gate is due for collection any minute now. Might get 'a' fragment if I'm lucky. Cheers

Ok, now 9 days on.

I have
Pile of seeds - 46. Was 3.
Dark seeds - 2. Was 0.
Shards - 19. Was 13.
Fragments - 3. Was 2.

Traps - 20. Was 9.
Pitchers - 16. Was 13.
Raffeselia - 15. Was 11.

Fragments are my issue.

Therefore, I have made progress. In 11 days, made 27 plants and now have enough for 2 trades. BUT, I'm not going to start trading until I have ALL requirements. Not game to, just in case I hit a give button when not meaning to. Ps. I'm not even game to touch the sister sister button for fear it will take something from me.

I also believe I was correct about the faerie quest. We only had a limit of 30 of the packets but that request required 40. Understand TL fixed it ASAP, however, they need to QA before rolling out.

Was also somewhat correct on the glimmer bits trove (comments in another thread). They did trot out a gem only purchase, just not a trove. At 35 gems for 6 chops, thanks but no thanks. I'll stick to the hard way of getting my bits. If it had have been like the dust trove, I definitely would have purchased, maybe even 2 and then had a hard think about stocking up on gems, even though I never get a sale.

I suppose We are in a no win situation. TL will still get gem purchases from the really really die hards, no offence intended to anyone, and from new players just starting out. It's us stuck in the middle that understand that gems make the TL world go round but will not be hoodwinked into purchasing or speeding up just to continue on for an end result of - forking out another 100 gems for a tree that - well is going to give me something I am almost constantly maxed out on.

I'm now rather content to leave both of these quests in my book until SOME DAY they finally are accomplished and disappear.

Another rant over.

PS, O11, that was not real nice what you said to QZ about the kanga loose in the paddock. But I'll give you that one (not for QZ but It appears you have been reading up on AUS slang). On the other hand, you may be a sanga short of a picnic, or a stubble short of a six pack, or for those that don't get Aussie humour, as useless as an ashtray on a motor bike.

Mods, please let this one through. I've been good for the last few days and have sat on my warped sense of humour. Just couldn't resist. Now I'm off to the gate again.

Cheers all.

kudukuda
06-16-14, 04:14 AM
Ok, now 9 days on.

I have
Dark seeds - 2. Was 0.
Shards - 19. Was 13.
Fragments - 3. Was 2.

Traps - 20. Was 9.
Pitchers - 16. Was 13.
Raffeselia - 15. Was 11.

Fragments are my issue.

Therefore, I have made progress. In 11 days, made 27 plants and now have enough for 2 trades. BUT, I'm not going to start trading until I have ALL requirements. Not game to, just in case I hit a give button when not meaning to. Ps. I'm not even game to touch the sister sister button for fear it will take something from me.

I also believe I was correct about the faerie quest. We only had a limit of 30 of the packets but that request required 40. Understand TL fixed it ASAP, however, they need to QA before rolling out.

Was also somewhat correct on the glimmer bits trove (comments in another thread). They did trot out a gem only purchase, just not a trove. At 35 gems for 6 chops, thanks but no thanks. I'll stick to the hard way of getting my bits. If it had have been like the dust trove, I definitely would have purchased, maybe even 2 and then had a hard think about stocking up on gems, even though I never get a sale.

I suppose We are in a no win situation. TL will still get gem purchases from the really really die hards, no offence intended to anyone, and from new players just starting out. It's us stuck in the middle that understand that gems make the TL world go round but will not be hoodwinked into purchasing or speeding up just to continue on for an end result of - forking out another 100 gems for a tree that - well is going to give me something I am almost constantly maxed out on.

I'm now rather content to leave both of these quests in my book until SOME DAY they finally are accomplished and disappear.

Another rant over.

PS, O11, that was not real nice what you said to QZ about the kanga loose in the paddock. But I'll give you that one (not for QZ but It appears you have been reading up on AUS slang). On the other hand, you may be a sanga short of a picnic, or a stubble short of a six pack, or for those that don't get Aussie humour, as useless as an ashtray on a motor bike.

Mods, please let this one through. I've been good for the last few days and have sat on my warped sense of humour. Just couldn't resist. Now I'm off to the gate again.

Cheers all.

Outhouse... I love you! I dont always get the indepth meaning of your jokes but i get the jist and it always makes me smile.
On topic: how did you manage to pile so many pile of seeds. I use every 3 i get imediatrly for dark seed and those for plants. I have 0 of each. And not enough plants for even 1 inscription....

outhouse01
06-16-14, 04:56 AM
Outhouse... I love you! I dont always get the indepth meaning of your jokes but i get the jist and it always makes me smile.
On topic: how did you manage to pile so many pile of seeds. I use every 3 i get imediatrly for dark seed and those for plants. I have 0 of each. And not enough plants for even 1 inscription....

Seeds for me are not a problem AT present. They pile up freely (pun intended) from 3 conservatories, the faerie respite and the newly acquired faerie flower bed. I think the magic garden also spews them out from time to time.

My problem is glimmer bits, however, as I said, I'm not being hoodwinked into purchasing a 6 chop at 35 gems a go for the chance of getting those drops to then make a few seeds, to then be back at square 1, forking out another 35 gems for the same thing. Over and out for that now as far as I am concerned.

Sorry, yes, we (I) do have a funny sense of humour, hopefully, someone here gets me. I could have trotted our a few more puns, but thought I couldn't do anymore, considering I did tell O11 he was useless. I hope he understood what I was saying. I think he does, but I do know hat he is going to come back to bite me. Love you O11.

Ps, I think the gender is correct, if not, please advise and I will address correctly from herein. Cheers

outhouse01
06-16-14, 05:26 AM
Yep, just went back to the gate. Collection - 1 shard, to go my 19 and NO, I repeats NO, fragments to marry up with my pathetic 3 in inventory.

This really is a sick joke. Before those winge that this is a long term goal - I understand that perfectly, however, the drop rates to even inch ahead are not there. As I said previously, there is long term, and well, there is this!

Drop rates need to be increased immediately.

Cheers

belbar22
06-16-14, 06:03 AM
Thanks. Now 2 days further on and I still have not got enough pitcher plants to craft 1 inscription. Aargh.

And here is the latest news from belbarr22 about her progress on the Lessons for Ivy Update
Day 12 since this quest came out and she has:

10 Glimmer Rafflesia (some collected from before this task started)
20 Glimmer Trap Plants (some collected from before this task started)
5 Glimmer Pitcher Plants
7 Glimmer Shards
3 Glimmer Fragments

She would be happier if she could at least have enough resources to craft 1 inscription and is hopeful that those kind developers at TL will do something to improve drop rates and frequency of Glimmer Pitcher Plants on her account.

Failure to respond to her polite requests are likely to result in further moaning.

belbar22
06-16-14, 06:03 AM
Yep, just went back to the gate. Collection - 1 shard, to go my 19 and NO, I repeats NO, fragments to marry up with my pathetic 3 in inventory.

This really is a sick joke. Before those winge that this is a long term goal - I understand that perfectly, however, the drop rates to even inch ahead are not there. As I said previously, there is long term, and well, there is this!

Drop rates need to be increased immediately.

Cheers

Well said.

oliverrr11
06-16-14, 06:53 AM
Seeds for me are not a problem AT present. They pile up freely (pun intended) from 3 conservatories, the faerie respite and the newly acquired faerie flower bed. I think the magic garden also spews them out from time to time.

My problem is glimmer bits, however, as I said, I'm not being hoodwinked into purchasing a 6 chop at 35 gems a go for the chance of getting those drops to then make a few seeds, to then be back at square 1, forking out another 35 gems for the same thing. Over and out for that now as far as I am concerned.

Sorry, yes, we (I) do have a funny sense of humour, hopefully, someone here gets me. I could have trotted our a few more puns, but thought I couldn't do anymore, considering I did tell O11 he was useless. I hope he understood what I was saying. I think he does, but I do know hat he is going to come back to bite me. Love you O11.

Ps, I think the gender is correct, if not, please advise and I will address correctly from herein. Cheers

outhouse, you old ratbag! How ya goin'? I see you're flat out like a lizard drinkin' with the shards and fragments. I'm fifty k's south of woop woop on this one. Turn it up - I'm just playin' sillybuggers with QZ. I was agreein' with what I wrote...uhm....er....I mean READ yeah, that's it....on a kingdom wall 'bout the kangas. Anyhow, mate, have a tin out of the esky in the granny flat for me! Ooroo.

kudukuda
06-16-14, 09:15 AM
outhouse, you old ratbag! How ya goin'? I see you're flat out like a lizard drinkin' with the shards and fragments. I'm fifty k's south of woop woop on this one. Turn it up - I'm just playin' sillybuggers with QZ. I was agreein' with what I wrote...uhm....er....I mean READ yeah, that's it....on a kingdom wall 'bout the kangas. Anyhow, mate, have a tinny in the granny flat for me! Ooroo.

You guys ARE aware that this is not English right? :p

DrP4ever
06-16-14, 03:02 PM
Hi, I don't understand the messages in this topic, and I don't understand the 2 quests Sister, Sister and A Little Persuasion.
Here my situation

After A Little Persuasion arrived, I started to receive very few of one flower, and it's weeks now that I'm waiting to have enough flowers for the exchange and for the first new inscription.
Is it a glitch/bug?

Not a glitch or bug. It takes forever and there are 2 quests to craft flowers in the greenhouse and trade for an inscription. Don't give to the long term 20 inscription until the 5 are registered for the short term one. Once you move to the next step give them to the long term one. It is long, it is boring and it is monotonous. Zzzzzzzzzzz

SpiritWind00
06-16-14, 03:02 PM
outhouse, you old ratbag! How ya goin'? I see you're flat out like a lizard drinkin' with the shards and fragments. I'm fifty k's south of woop woop on this one. Turn it up - I'm just playin' sillybuggers with QZ. I was agreein' with what I wrote...uhm....er....I mean READ yeah, that's it....on a kingdom wall 'bout the kangas. Anyhow, mate, have a tin out of the esky in the granny flat for me! Ooroo.

You guys ARE aware that this is not English right? :p

Reads like proper Australian to me! I'm an Aussie gal thru and thru!

And to keep on track of the thread, can it say how much I love the a Faerie flowerbed. I think it's one of the best little decorations and I love the drops. It's as good as the respite. I also would like more red fragments/shards to drop. A coin one that dropped a shard or fragment even just once a day would be good so we feel like we're going somewhere with the S/S goal.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the 3 months is up. Will there be a goal that drops inscriptions? Time will tell. Another good reason to take time with this one and not use gems.

jessicattt
06-16-14, 03:11 PM
I'm so bored of this quest. That's the first time I've ever said that about a quest on this game.

Beleriand
06-16-14, 06:04 PM
I just finished ivy's lessons and bought the dang tree.....what a disappointing quest. All that work, time and resources, not to mention all those lessons........and all just to buy a tree at a discount.....humph.....not very satisfying.

aypeerez
06-16-14, 07:33 PM
As I had been working on games and trades for gems and had some on hand thought I would try the new source of shards and fragments. 35 gems got me enough to make the black seeds for one plant - and it turned out to be the plant I only need one of for each trade (I now have 11). Definitely not worth the gems!!!!!!

doobievilla
06-16-14, 08:19 PM
I just finished ivy's lessons and bought the dang tree.....what a disappointing quest. All that work, time and resources, not to mention all those lessons........and all just to buy a tree at a discount.....humph.....not very satisfying.

Finished with Gems?

DrP4ever
06-17-14, 02:38 AM
So not making progress still. Seeds I have plenty. Dung I have plenty. Shards and fragments are still basically a no show.

belbar22
06-17-14, 05:27 AM
So not making progress still. Seeds I have plenty. Dung I have plenty. Shards and fragments are still basically a no show.

Join the club. I am also not getting any pitcher plants. Still not been able to craft a single inscription for this task. Its now been 12 days. This is more than ridiculous.

Beleriand
06-17-14, 05:52 AM
Finished with Gems?

No I didn't gem through this one. I had four inscriptions already made when we got the quest. I made one more and could start the quest. But I did spend the 100 on the tree at the end.

dragon2046
06-17-14, 06:59 AM
Join the club. I am also not getting any pitcher plants. Still not been able to craft a single inscription for this task. Its now been 12 days. This is more than ridiculous.

I know they said they were looking into it. I sure wish they would look faster. Lol. I think the glimmer rock for 35 gems should've been a permanent item that drop Shards and fragments every couple hours like the flowered.

Beleriand
06-17-14, 07:02 AM
I know they said they were looking into it. I sure wish they would look faster. Lol. I think the glimmer rock for 35 gems should've been a permanent item that drop Shards and fragments every couple hours like the flowered.

I like that idea.

DrP4ever
06-17-14, 12:36 PM
Help. I'm supposed to write to Belladonna at the exchange but I have no way to do so. There is no way to do so. I clicked the button, it took me to my exchange but I still have the standard items in my exchange. Help! I did force close my game and still nothing.

doobievilla
06-17-14, 02:15 PM
Help. I'm supposed to write to Belladonna at the exchange but I have no way to do so. There is no way to do so. I clicked the button, it took me to my exchange but I still have the standard items in my exchange. Help! I did force close my game and still nothing.

You mean Agnes? What goal/quest are you working?

SpiritWind00
06-17-14, 02:28 PM

If you are up to the goal called "give me a break", after doing lessons 1, you just do either of the Belladonna trades. Perhaps you don't have enough resources? It is not another different or special trade, just either the one called Trade with Bella with the rat tails or the plant exchange. If I remember rightly the text at the top of the goal box says you can do either. Hope that helps you...

doobievilla
06-17-14, 02:34 PM
If you are up to the goal called "give me a break", after doing lessons 1, you just do either of the Belladonna trades. Perhaps you don't have enough resources? It is not another different or special trade, just either the one called Trade with Bella with the rat tails or the plant exchange. If I remember rightly the text at the top of the goal box says you can do either. Hope that helps you...

Dont we have to buy the Trade with Belladonna?.. sorry if my brain isnt working right

mnjcafe
06-17-14, 04:23 PM

Wait, what?! Are you saying the old trade with Belladonna, with the rat tails, produces inscriptions? I didn't think that was true. If so, why are we all whinging about plants?!

DrP4ever
06-17-14, 06:38 PM
Thank you! I didn't see the extra blurb. It said to write to her so I was looking for somewhere to write the letter, then send the letter. Should gave said a Trade!

PMonkey3
06-17-14, 08:44 PM
Huzzah! My greenhouse actually gave me a pitcher plant today! Call the newspapers! At this rate, I may actually finish "Three Lessons for Ivy" by end of the year. Maybe.

May finish the "Sister, Sister" quest by 2016...

KadeeDid
06-17-14, 09:01 PM
May finish the "Sister, Sister" quest by 2016...

What! That soon? You are a miracle worker! :cool:

SpiritWind00
06-18-14, 02:11 AM
Wait, what?! Are you saying the old trade with Belladonna, with the rat tails, produces inscriptions? I didn't think that was true. If so, why are we all whinging about plants?!

No mnjcafe.... Not at all. I'm saying that for the goal named Give Me A Break you have to do a trade with Bella and you can do either the rat tails one or the plant one.

So, carry on whinging everyone... Hahaha

lordviv
06-18-14, 11:51 AM
Lordviv wishes to whine.. So here goes :

Friends, a 20 gem discount on the magic fruit tree is the light at the end of the tunnel. And to get to that we have to go through this :

1) collect impossible glimmer parts to get moving. Then we grow seeds...the randomness of the 3 plants is then mind numbing.
2) the number of plants needed for a single inscription trade takes weeks if you are lucky
3) After 2 weeks of collecting from all sources religiously I have managed to complete one inscription.
I had 6 done earlier but having already given them to sister sister, I had to start countdown for this great ordeal from zero.

Of course, I still have to get to sister sister which will need another year as its not really fun anymore, I'm just doing it because I'm OCD and i hate having open quests in the blue book

So Teamlava , we are tired and disappointed with this questline and the two really boring quests. We need glimmer parts dropping in bigger quantities, maybe a glimmer parts resource building that drops it more frequently. Maybe you increase drop rates on the gate to say 5 of each per drop. and if its a building, allow us to earn it through a goal or buy with coins plus materials, you know like how we did things in the old days workshops, potion shops, greenhouses even. Can we please, please get that, and umm glimmer rocks to chop at 35 gems is not what we want. There might be a few users who might end up biting on that bait, but I would imagine for most of us, even those who buy gems now and again, this is not what we want.

Beleriand
06-18-14, 02:55 PM
How many plants is everyone making in one day? I am collecting as often as I can from the glimmer gate....but it seems to work out that I can make one batch of dark seeds a day and if I am lucky can make one plant a day. Is this what others are experiencing?

belbar22
06-18-14, 03:02 PM
How many plants is everyone making in one day? I am collecting as often as I can from the glimmer gate....but it seems to work out that I can make one batch of dark seeds a day and if I am lucky can make one plant a day. Is this what others are experiencing?

Yes. I am in exactly the same boat. I generally play more than hourly and it has just taken me 2 weeks to get enough plants for 1 inscription. We desperately need more sources of shards and fragments.

eepopp
06-18-14, 03:12 PM

I average 2 plants a day. On a really lucky day, maybe 4.

On days that I should go out and buy a lotto ticket, I get a plant from the Dark Garden, but mostly I get nothing or a mushroom.

I'm at 5/20 for Sister, Sister and currently at 3/5 inscriptions for the Ivy lessons. I jokingly said I was going to skip the Ivy with gems after we got the 50 free gems..., but I think I'm going to use it when I'm at 4/5 inscriptions.

I'm slightly debating just turning in all my banked inscriptions to Sister, Sister, and then paying 100 gems to get 5 (so I would have 13 done with 7 to go), but I want to see how the story progresses with future updates before pulling that trigger.

TL may increase drop rates, or open up a Royal Exchange Trade, or the storyline could go nowhere since these quests seem to be busy work.

I would be really interested in the dialogue from finishing Sister, Sister....., but has anyone even finished that quest line yet?

AVAL0NIAN
06-18-14, 04:30 PM
eepopp, I couldn't agree more. That's exactly my plan. Only just worried that TL might come up with a quest that is time sensitive as it will take at least 5 days to complete the Ivy's lesson quest. Especially if it is mandatory to complete.

doobievilla
06-18-14, 04:35 PM
eepopp, I couldn't agree more. That's exactly my plan. Only just worried that TL might come up with a quest that is time sensitive as it will take at least 5 days to complete the Ivy's lesson quest. Especially if it is mandatory to complete.

Sorry I missed what you meant. I think there are still issues with getting supplies to finish even this shorter 5 inscription goal. I see it as a possibility maybe.. sure hope it doesn't.

AVAL0NIAN
06-18-14, 05:11 PM
Sorry I missed what you meant. I think there are still issues with getting supplies to finish even this shorter 5 inscription goal. I see it as a possibility maybe.. sure hope it doesn't.

I was agreeing with eepopp that gemming out 5 inscriptions for 20 gems each is a serious consideration. It brings you much closer to the Sister sister goal. But I rarely use gems to speed up the game. So I too am holding out to see if TL is going to improve the situation about the rare resources. I'm just concern that a time limited quest will come along that requires Ivy's quest to be completed first to participate as it take about 5 days to complete it.

AliveSlice
06-18-14, 08:09 PM
It's kind of alarming how many complaints there are about these long-term quests. It was explicitly stated that these were going to take a while. If you just keep working at it gradually you will finish them. I managed to just create my 4th inscription, but I got rather lucky because the plants I needed dropped from greenhouse after crafting.

On the plus side, at least we have another source for seeds via the Faerie Flowerbed, so I've been able to stockpile seeds pretty quickly again after the dragon event. Hopefully there will be another resource that regularly drops shards/fragments released soon to help make this go by quicker.

DrP4ever
06-18-14, 09:15 PM
Just collected from the Gate and the Castle and received 2 shards, no fragments. Last time I had enough I only received 2 dark seeds so couldn't even grow a plant. <sigh> Still have seeds aplenty and dung aplenty.

DrP4ever
06-18-14, 11:31 PM
Another collection and not a single fragment. Seriously ridiculous TL! Not a fragment all day.

mnjcafe
06-19-14, 05:27 AM
Mama needs glimmer pickles! Seriously, the red dust pile thingies drop way out of proportion to the blue pickles for me. Also, I could have sworn I was up to three inscriptions on sister, sister, but it says two. Could be a sync issue because I played on two devices, or could be I just dreamed the part where I got my second inscription.

I don't actually mind the wait, I just like complaining. ;)

PMonkey3
06-19-14, 08:58 PM
I have a Glimmerbat Habitat from some previous/seasonal Halloween goals/quests. I took it out of my inventory and placed it in hopes of collecting glimmer shards & fragments from it (to create the plants we need to trade to receive the inscriptions). I've collected twice from it now. NO DICE. Ugh.

oliverrr11
06-20-14, 12:44 AM
I have a Glimmerbat Habitat from some previous/seasonal Halloween goals/quests. I took it out of my inventory and placed it in hopes of collecting glimmer shards & fragments from it (to create the plants we need to trade to receive the inscriptions). I've collected twice from it now. NO DICE. Ugh.

I find that my Glimmerbat Habitat drops shards and fragments as often as my cottage does.

Castloninian
06-20-14, 01:21 AM
I find that my Glimmerbat Habitat drops shards and fragments as often as my cottage does.

If only it was designed to drop glimmerbits, then I'd take mine out of storage.

kudukuda
06-20-14, 04:12 AM
If only it was designed to drop glimmerbits, then I'd take mine out of storage.

I cant stand the flying bat. But if it dropped shards and fragments i think i would willingly suffer & like you take it out of storage.

belbar22
06-20-14, 04:24 AM

Mine too!!!

katbtodd
06-20-14, 06:03 AM
Has any body esle noticed the dark seed drops have changed,,, using two greenhouses. ,,,it use to be 4/3 now all I'm getting is 2 /2 ,,what's up with that's at this rate it will even take longer,, to do the quest,,, not to mention the bad drops with red and blue, and I refuse to use gems,,,

dragon2046
06-20-14, 07:26 AM
Please please more shards and fragements ! This is taking forever. And yes I have spent gems to buy the glimmer rocks but they just don't drop enough. I'm ok with everything else cuz u can get more cows or more conservatories but the shards and fragements are very slow going. And yes before anyone comments I do understand long term goal but just don't like it much. I'm one of those people that likes to get it done. Lol. :)

roguebee
06-20-14, 08:02 AM
Actually I thought Sister Sister was a response to the few people complaining abut not having a blue quest book in the upper left corner. Rest of us are enjoying the benefits...

tigarlilyvol
06-20-14, 08:22 AM
Actually I thought Sister Sister was a response to the few people complaining abut not having a blue quest book in the upper left corner. Rest of us are enjoying the benefits...

Mom always said, "be careful what you wish for", I should have listened.

rosewaterlily
06-20-14, 08:28 AM
I need one more glimmer trap plant to get the fifth inscription and complete this goal, and the last two times I tried for it, I got a rafflesia plant, the rarest one, while the trap plant is most common. Sigh. Currently have 17 pitcher plants, 10 rafflesia, 9 trap plants, which means a total of 49 traps, 41 pitchers, and 14 rafflesia overall counting the ones I traded in. More camping out at the glimmer gate awaits....

ghjvcucjb
06-20-14, 11:08 AM
On step 3, one good witch, the valentine mushrooms do not count so don't waste your energy collecting from them.

doobievilla
06-20-14, 11:11 AM
On step 3, one good witch, the valentine mushrooms do not count so don't waste your energy collecting from them.

Thanks for the information.. Ill put that post in my time capsule and dig it up 10 years from now when I am able to finally finish the 1st and 2nd step. Or just put this whole goal in there and never dig it up.

ghjvcucjb
06-20-14, 11:25 AM
Also pink skunkupines don't count either.

Doobievilla, hahaha. I thought the same thing. Only had 1 inscription after the first month and not actively working on this then bam, the other day the dialogue box popped up and the goal was fulfilled. Have no idea how that happened. So not complaining. Just keep working on it and it'll happen.

ghjvcucjb
06-20-14, 11:53 AM
Also, none of the valentine plants count either.

So to summarize, no valentine plants, mushrooms or pink skunkupines work.

FigmentValley
06-20-14, 12:11 PM
I just can't get enough pickles to do anything. The plants I do get are never the "common" one (need 10 of that green thing). We REALLY need a source of blue pickles that coughs them up a bit more often. I can average about 1.65 blue pickles per day. That doesn't hack it - for I get less than 1 green plant thingy a week. Bah.

katbtodd
06-20-14, 12:25 PM
I just can't get enough pickles to do anything. The plants I do get are never the "common" one (need 10 of that green thing). We REALLY need a source of blue pickles that coughs them up a bit more often. I can average about 1.65 blue pickles per day. That doesn't hack it - for I get less than 1 green plant thingy a week. Bah.

Pickle!!!!! To me it looks like a sea shell

BungoCook
06-20-14, 03:54 PM
I have just collected my 6th trade and something has gone wrong with my a little persuasion goal. I had 1 out of 5 and expected counter to register the next trade/ give to the sister sister goal. However it didn't register and then the counter I the persuasion has reset to zero. I know some people were having this problem or a variation of it a while ago. The usual reset/hard close/delete not changing this. Just wanted to flag this in case you thought it's fixed TL on this thread before reporting it via email.

FigmentValley
06-20-14, 03:58 PM
Am I reading this correctly? Are some getting shards (fragments?) from cottages? I put out all5 of mine, yet have yet to see ANYTHING come from them but coins. The GlimmerBat, also, has ONLY dropped misc. fruit.

??????

Perhaps it could be VERY helpful if someone (mod?) could make a list of all the places where glimmer fragments and shards could drop....

Yes? Maybe? Please?

Queenzod
06-20-14, 04:06 PM
Am I reading this correctly? Are some getting shards (fragments?) from cottages? I put out all5 of mine, yet have yet to see ANYTHING come from them but coins. The GlimmerBat, also, has ONLY dropped misc. fruit.

??????

Perhaps it could be VERY helpful if someone (mod?) could make a list of all the places where glimmer fragments and shards could drop....

Yes? Maybe? Please?

Those were jokes. Glimmerbits currently only drop from the gate and Griselda's castle.

eepopp
06-20-14, 11:13 PM
Those were jokes. Glimmerbits currently only drop from the gate and Griselda's castle.

Glimmer Shards and Glimmer Fragments can also drop from Greselda's Dark Garden.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2hre9lc.jpg

DrP4ever
06-21-14, 01:56 AM
No matter what they're still an extremely ridiculously low drop.

FigmentValley
06-21-14, 11:18 AM
Yup.... Knew about the garden, Griselda's castle, the glimmer gate.... I was just hoping against hope that I had missed something.

Sadly - not.

:(

I know it is a long term goal, but for those of us who Have no other goals left, it kind of shuts the game down.

Oh well.

outhouse01
06-21-14, 09:30 PM
Ok, now 9 days on. .........

I have
Dark seeds - 2. Was 0.
Shards - 19. Was 13.
Fragments - 3. Was 2.......

Traps - 20. Was 9.
Pitchers - 16. Was 13.
Raffeselia - 15. Was 11.

Fragments are my issue.

New message below -bear with me I'm still working out this cut and paste thingo.

Ok, now 3 weeks from the start of the quest and approx 6 days from the above post.

I have
Pile of seeds - 99. consevertories are now parked in the garage (storage shed). At present they are redundant.

Dark seeds - 0.
Shards - 8.
Fragments - 0.
Traps - 25
Pitchers - 21.
Raffeselia - 17

With one plant in the greenhouse as I type.

I still don't have enough for 3 trades, let alone 5. As I've said before, I'm not going to take the bait for busting gem chop things, nor am I going to skip, as the end result is lame. But I do question the long term of sister sister. From the above, yes, it will take me ages to complete that.

Happy to plug along. Just concerned about what may be ahead. ..........

Cheers all.

outhouse01
06-21-14, 09:31 PM
As you can see my cut and paste still needs work. Message, within a message. Sorry.

outhouse01
06-21-14, 11:11 PM
Well bugger me. Just collected from the greenhouse, after doing the grocery shopping for the family. What did I get - a pitcher to go with my 21 others.

Disclaimer first - I know I am an seen an Aussie whinger, but, what tha!!!.

I have 7 inscriptions in the bank for sister sister. As all can read, I've held off trading and giving until I get the next 5 for this one. After 3 weeks, I'm still not near the 3rd inscription.

Anyone want to trade a few of my raffeselia (17 in inventory) for some low life traps?

Cheers

dragoniakingdom
06-22-14, 02:28 AM
Well bugger me. Just collected from the greenhouse, after doing the grocery shopping for the family. What did I get - a pitcher to go with my 21 others.

I have 7 inscriptions in the bank for sister sister. As all can read, I've held off trading and giving until I get the next 5 for this one. After 3 weeks, I'm still not near the 3rd inscription.

Anyone want to trade a few of my raffeselia (17 in inventory) for some low life traps?

Cheers

I would love to trade my trap plants (23 in inventory) for even 1 rafflesia of which I have 0...!

If only such trades were possible.:(

PMonkey3
06-22-14, 11:12 AM

You, sir, are trouble. :p

CottageRose
06-22-14, 02:33 PM
You, sir, are trouble. :p
What oliverrr11 said was literally the truth. :D And yes, I did not read carefully enough, as I was so caught up with the idea that of course it made sense for a Glimmerbat to drop glimmer supplies! Fished in! lol

DrP4ever
06-22-14, 08:52 PM
I am maxed on seeds, maxed on dung, only 2 pickles and 2 speckles. Ugh!!!

doobievilla
06-22-14, 08:54 PM
I am maxed on seeds, maxed on dung, only 2 pickles and 2 speckles. Ugh!!!

Its a long range goal. chill

Chaotarch
06-23-14, 01:12 AM

...and you can really chill, if its done :cool:
such a g:eek::eek:d feeling...

parlski
06-23-14, 03:06 AM
I'm finally at 4/5 inscriptions... maybe late July ill actually move on on this quest to step two!
at this point, I should just toss the 20 gems to skip and collect them back in the end.

belbar22
06-23-14, 06:33 AM

Cheers

Me please. I have 5 inscriptions already given to Sister Sister

30 Trap Plants
6 Pitcher Plants
7 Raffeselia

13 Blue shards
12 Red dust
17 dark seeds.

Decided to change strategy and collect a stash of things and then spend a day or 2 crafting so I am not so aware of my painfully slow progress.

Aargh!!!

DrP4ever
06-23-14, 01:41 PM

I can't chill. It is frustrating with such ridiculous drops. Collect from Castle get measly amount of coins. At least let us accomplish something when we collect. The number of plants needed is nuts especially when there's no guaranteed drop from anything.

Zummat
06-23-14, 06:37 PM
I don't usually complain about the game but I just don't get TL using the same item needed for two different quests. This is just ridiculous. On the Sister Sister quest I have 4 inscriptions and on the A Little Persuasion quest I have 3 inscriptions. It is taking forever to get 5 of these things much less 20. I haven't gotten any glimmer fragments the last 3 times I collected from the Glimmergate. And Greselda's Castle doesn't always give one either plus you only get to collect from the castle about once a day. Do you get glimmer shards from any another source? With the need of 5 glimmer fragments to make one dark seed and 3 dark seeds to get one plant it is really getting aggravating. I have no problem with long term quests but it gets frustrating when you don't see any progress for days and days and days.

Why not make the Trade with Belladonna give an inscription too if not every time at least every other time?

doobievilla
06-23-14, 06:45 PM
Its a long range Goal

DrP4ever
06-23-14, 09:44 PM
Do you get glimmer shards from any another source? With the need of 5 glimmer fragments to make one dark seed and 3 dark seeds to get one plant it is really getting aggravating. I have no problem with long term quests but it gets frustrating when you don't see any progress for days and days and days. ?
Collect from Griselda's dark garden too. Sometimes you get the pickles, sometimes the dots, sometimes seeds and very rarely plants which makes me do the happy dance. I hear ya, this is a ridiculous quest. There is ling term and then there's just no fun at all!

maguar
06-24-14, 03:08 AM
Decided to change strategy and collect a stash of things and then spend a day or 2 crafting so I am not so aware of my painfully slow progress.

I stopped crafting around the weekend. I'm now up to 40 fragments, 56 shards and 3 seeds. Once I'm closer to maxing out I'll do a massive craft session and see what I get.

tigarlilyvol
06-24-14, 04:27 AM
Ok, I'm in. I'll see how many collects until update.

eepopp
06-24-14, 09:39 AM
I stopped crafting around the weekend. I'm now up to 40 fragments, 56 shards and 3 seeds. Once I'm closer to maxing out I'll do a massive craft session and see what I get.

I tried that strategy and after the massive crafting session, I found that my fertilizer inventory was at too low of a level.

I now just:
1) keep regular seeds and fertilizer topped off,
2) grow dark seeds when I have at least 10 each of Glimmer Shards and Fragments, and
3) grow Dark Plants when I have at least 6 Dark Seeds.

I only do this so my Seeds and Fertilizer inventory levels do not drop too low. With the upcoming Event this Thursday that may require Floral related things...., I recommend postponing the use of any strategy that could drain floral related supplies in case they are needed.

Queenzod
06-25-14, 09:45 AM
Over the last three days I collected enough glimmerbits to craft two plants. They were both traps, not the pitcher plants I needed for a trade. Five times yesterday the gate gave me nothing except coins and Griselda's castle gave me nothing as well. WTH?

At least there's an update tomorrow which will take my mind off this nonsense.

On the good news front, I did manage to craft my 60th magic cement, so I got that going for me, which is good. :)

AliveSlice
06-25-14, 09:36 PM
Just crafted the 5th inscription. In all it took about 1.5 months. I'm also gonna hold onto them and not give any to Sister, Sister in case another quest comes next month asking for 10 inscriptions.