PDA

View Full Version : Mailbox Limits

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-04-14, 12:01 PM
I sometimes receive the message "such-&-such member can't receive your message because their box is full" (or something to that effect lol).
... And I've had a nbor tell me the same thing about *my* inbox, on my wall (which is the only reason I knew to clear out some old messages here.)

So, what is the magic number of saved messages that makes you "full" & unable to receive PMs? .. And is it only messages in the inbox or does it *also* include messages saved in the "sent" folder (or other folders), as well?

I searched this forum's FAQ page and this is all I found:
"You will need to periodically delete old messages, as the administrator has probably set a limit to the number of private messages you can hold in your folders. If you exceed this number, you will not be able to send or receive new messages until you delete some old ones."

But nowhere can I find what that number IS. lol
Anyone know?... Administrator?
Inquiring minds wanna know. ;)
Thanks in advance.

oliverrr11
06-04-14, 12:29 PM
That limit would be 50, ma'am. I don't know where you looked, but I can tell you where you didn't look - under your inbox of messages. Look below that. Now look below that. The thing with the yellow red and green bar that tells you how many are in inbox, how many in sent folder.... of the ..... Now wait for it..............50! Allowed.

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-04-14, 12:31 PM
LOL, oliverrr ...thanks for leading the blind lol.. I now see the light! Lol
....but really, did ya have to be a bully about it?
Bawahahha!! Kidding, of course lol

kooky panda
06-04-14, 12:54 PM
Yes it is a limit of 50 for all messages in your in box, sent box and any folders combined.

(moving thread to the off topic forum)

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-04-14, 01:01 PM
Thx for setting me straight, kooky... my bad for posting in the wrong spot.

kooky panda
06-04-14, 01:04 PM
No worries! :)