PDA

View Full Version : Problem with gifting :(

Tyxhos
06-04-14, 02:54 AM
Dear people at Team Lava,

I have the problem that whenever I want to send my neighbours a gift, almost none of them seem to get it.
Can you help ?
Thank you.

Tyxhos.

Nemisen
06-04-14, 02:58 AM
You can only give away gifts to three neighbors a day! Choose three neighbors each day and you will have no problem dear:)

pixieblob
06-04-14, 04:08 AM
You get that message if the neighbour you are gifting has a full inventory of that item. Try sending them something different

vizbiz11
06-04-14, 07:03 AM
I've also been told there is a limit on some resources you can send. For example, limited to sending 2 silver ore per day, so the 3rd neighbor must get something else.

blontj3
06-04-14, 07:43 AM
I've also been told there is a limit on some resources you can send. For example, limited to sending 2 silver ore per day, so the 3rd neighbor must get something else.

I always send three earth wisps to three of my neighbours.. :P

meme1098
06-04-14, 08:46 AM
I always send three earth wisps to three of my neighbours.. :P

I send 3 silver to nbrs all the time. There's not a specific limit per gift that I know of.

troubadours
06-04-14, 08:50 AM
I send 3 silver to nbrs all the time. There's not a specific limit per gift that I know of.

I know the limit for jewels is two, but most of the items just have the limit of gifting 3 neighbors.

vizbiz11
06-04-14, 12:04 PM
Earth wisps I know you can definitely send out to 3 neighbors. It's my personal gift of choice if my neighbor hasn't specified a preference. Sort of a "one size fits all" gift card. :)

As far as limits on other items, I read about the silver ore and jewels on a neighbor's wall. It was info given by a Castle Story info maniac (although he prefers the term wizard. LOL).

meme1098
06-04-14, 12:06 PM
Earth wisps I know you can definitely send out to 3 neighbors. It's my personal gift of choice if my neighbor hasn't specified a preference. Sort of a "one size fits all" gift card. :)

As far as limits on other items, I read about the silver ore and jewels on a neighbor's wall. It was info given by a Castle Story info maniac (although he prefers the term wizard. LOL).

I have never had a problem sending silver to 3 nbrs each day. I know they get it because they send it back to me the next day.

maguar
06-04-14, 02:19 PM
With earth wisps the system counted your neighbour as maxed if they had 80 in their inventory. Not sure if they changed that.

doobievilla
06-04-14, 04:26 PM
With earth wisps the system counted your neighbour as maxed if they had 80 in their inventory. Not sure if they changed that.

Something changed since he last gifted?... So if a Giftable item is sent and that person has 80+ it kicks back the posted response? Sorry i know u ppl think i am an idiot but I never heard this before.. the +80 thingee

55lee55
06-04-14, 06:10 PM
I am maxed out on most giftable items and unless I hit accept by accident, I decline all gifts that manage to get through. I have a posted no gift policy because early on I got into such an awful bookkeeping problem with the imbalance of gifts I received and the 3/day return limit, that I quit participating in gifting until I can fulfill prior commitments.

The whole gifting thing is the one thing that I dislike about this otherwise awesome game and I handle it my way. I am sure others have other methods they use. I don't accept new friends who demand that I drop everything in order to gift them, especially if it is an item for a timed quest that most of my 500+ neighbors and myself also face shortages. While depending upon neighbors to provide needed items is a valid playing strategy, it can fall apart quite quickly when you have more neighbors than you can personally support if all of them have the same strategy.

I do gift on occasion but not on demand, and I have stopped explaining my no gift policy more than once since I try to keep it on my wall, and I immediately delete any neighbor who invites me then posts "hi send me wisps". They are invariably the nasty ones who believe because they invited me to be their neighbor, I owe it to them to support them and they leave nasty notes on my wall demanding that I drop my neighbors because I have too many if I can't/won't send them a gift of their choice every day. I no longer even try to explain to those folks although I really dislike culling neighbors for any reason.

We all have our own strategies to play this game and what works best for us. No style is intrinsically better or worse than another, but some are incompatible with others.

Thanks folks for posting the information you have here because I was unaware of anything besides the basic 3/day gift limit, and I have tried to gift and have been shown a message that although I don't have a picture and am paraphrasing the wording, says that either I have exceeded my gift limit for the day or the intended recipient of my gift has reached their daily limit. I have learned quite a bit from this thread that I didn't know before. Thanks!

SpiritWind00
06-04-14, 06:29 PM
Something changed since he last gifted?... So if a Giftable item is sent and that person has 80+ it kicks back the posted response? I never heard this before.. the +80 thingee
(quote amended... Removed ref to self )

This is indeed a strange response from Maguar, one which definitely requires clarification. Like you Doobie, I've read every post on this whole forum over the last 2 years and whilst I have read about limits and sub limits on certain materials, I've never read (that I can remember) about the +80 limit either.

I think the whole gifting process needs a makeover anyway. Gifting water... it's not like that's hard to come by, despite the fact it's always sunny in the glimmer woods! The game has evolved, gifting options need to evolve too.

Is this something on the table for change at TL HQ?? Cheers all!

Tyxhos
06-04-14, 09:51 PM
Thanx everyone. I had absolutely no idea about limited gifting in Castle Story. I came from Restaurant Story where gifting is limited to once a day, but to all neighbours not just three. So thank you again and have a nice day ! Tyxhos.

maguar
06-05-14, 02:08 AM
Ok here comes a history lesson from an old timer. Sorry if I'm a little fuzzy on some of it :)

When the game first started we couldn't send gifts to anyone. When the game went world wide only the newer players could send gifts (I think it was wood, water and iron). Old timers could only send gifts if they were gifting back from a gift from a newer player.

Gifts then became available for all players to send. There was a heap of testing etc to see what did and didn't work. These were the original rules that we discovered:
1) Could send max of 3 gifts a day with the following sub limits - 1 jewels, 2 silver ore/fur
2) Couldn't send a gift if the neighbour was maxed on the item at the time the gift was sent. The system counted your neighbour as maxed if they had 80 earth wisps
3) Could only receive a max of 29 gifts a day
4) If you held off on accepting gifts until you were maxed you could go over your limit

I think at some stage the sublimits may have been lifted. Just checked and have confirmed that the earth wisp restriction has been lifted.

mnjcafe
06-05-14, 05:35 AM
Thanks maguar! It's really interesting to get some insight into how gifting works in CS!

troubadours
06-05-14, 11:30 AM
I was not aware of the limit of 80 earth wisps in the system, since I exchange earth wisps with the same three neighbors daily. These exchanges are awesome since I stock up on earth wisps pretty quickly of I don't keep an eye on it. I've been at 90+ earth wisps before and have always been able to receive the gifts from my neighbors. But now I think I have jinxed myself!!

maguar
06-05-14, 01:38 PM
I don't think you've jinxed yourself as that restriction was removed

StoryPlayer67
06-06-14, 03:33 PM
You can only give out 3 gifts per day and receive 20 so either u haven given out your three or they have received their 20.

StoryPlayer67
06-06-14, 03:34 PM
You can give out three gifts day and receive 20 so either you have given out three are your friend has received 20 and is maxed out

alexis7890
06-08-14, 02:22 PM
I wish we could have 20 gifts max like some of the other TL games