PDA

View Full Version : Golden Apple Drop Rate

boss_boehme
06-04-14, 12:27 AM
Hi,

I'm a little curious about the drop rate for the Golden Apple. Does anyone have any insight on this? I have been collecting from Sir Pigglesworth, Magic Garden, and an apple tree consistently for more than a month with no luck.

Just based on the quantities in the "Golden Trade" in the Grand Exchange I would think it is 1/3 as likely as a Golden Nugget drop and 1/2 as likely as a Golden Egg drop. However, I probably get a Golden Egg every other day and a I don't collect from chickens that often so that math doesn't quite work out.

I can't see how much it would cost to buy a Golden Egg/Golden Nugget because I have 40+ of each, can someone comment on the gem cost for these items? I wonder if they are substantially lower than the 80 gems for a Golden Apple.

Any info would be great. Thanks,

Stefan

ShibuyaCloth
06-04-14, 12:30 AM
Golden apples are very rare drops. So it takes a very tong time to build up. Nuggets and eggs comes in truck loads. I just don't know what to do with them. The best source for golden apples remains the trees.

Phaedrakiki
06-04-14, 01:52 AM
I was about to give up & pay 80 gems after a mere couple weeks of picking from my tree--I wanted Sir Piggy so bad. But 'lo & behold...I got my Golden Apple 2 days ago. It sounds like it's very random. All you can do is collect every possible time & cross your fingers. Good luck!

Ps: I got my golden egg & nugget the first week of playing (w/ease.) The apple's the hard part!

roguebee
06-04-14, 04:58 AM
Drop rate appears to average about once every 3 weeks or so (1 apple tree plus magic garden etc). However, that could be nothing for 2 months, then 2 gold apples in a week.

boss_boehme
06-04-14, 10:13 PM
Ya I guess I'm seeing similar results. Still no luck, realized I had another apple tree in my inventory so pulled it out. Want the apple for the Bijou Dragon quest line, 15 Trade Tickets is a hefty price especially when the newest expansions require 5 Permits, yikes!

Hoping to see that golden fruit drop soon!

jtm101
06-04-14, 11:10 PM
Back when i was looking for my first Golden Apple i think the general consensus was somewhere between 1 in 80 to 1 in 120 collections from Apple Trees. I'm not sure if anybody has really counted the other sources, but it may be about the same from the Magic Garden.

stormysteph93
06-05-14, 06:04 AM
Despite having max level sparkling mine x2 and max level deep mine x2 I struggle most with golden nuggets! Following the dragon quests I have 0, with 15 golden eggs and 8 golden apples. I have 4 trees I've gathered from adventures etc when I collect whenever i can and is say I get an apple a week, assuming I generally collect probably 4 times a day so every 100 or so :)

mnjcafe
06-05-14, 06:08 AM
An apple a week keeps the doctor away? Eh what? ;)

blontj3
06-05-14, 06:16 AM
Well, golden apples are very rare. It took me like forever to get finally one golden apple. Now I have three, and I know one of them came from an adventure. :) I got 19 golden nuggets, 15 golden eggs and just 3 golden apples. I don't know what the drop rate is, but I know it takes a very long time to get a lot of golden apples.

eepopp
06-05-14, 08:14 AM
I think the Royal Exchange gives the truest picture of the drop rates of Golden Apples.

I stopped doing the Royal Exchange Trade for Golden stuff back in Dec or Jan, and it was interesting to see how the Golden items dropped very similarly to the Exhange requirements (Note, the recent Dragon Egg Event took 5 Golden Nuggets from my Inventory).

http://i60.tinypic.com/dczxmw.jpg

They are very, very rare, primarily because of the frequency of collecting from a single (or small group of 4) Apple Tree every 2 hours. I suspect most players collect from their Hatcheries/chickens (Golden Eggs) and Mines/Iron Rich Rocks (Golden Nuggets) more frequently than their Apple Trees and Sir Piggy. (Note: I've seen Golden Apples drop from the Desert Sands Adventure, but not very often.)

boss_boehme
06-07-14, 07:06 PM
Thanks for all the info! Very interesting. Managed to get an apple today.

I have to agree with eepopp that it's more about what you collect from with regards to rarity. (amazing that you have 26 apples, so cool)

I collect from my trees as much as possible so 2 collections every 2 hours - more than a hatchery if I'm active. Will have to see how my split comes out without using my apples.

fes1186
08-10-14, 02:31 PM
I've been collecting off my apple trees for over six weeks, and still no golden apple! I have over 20 gold eggs and multiple nuggets. What does it take to get one of these apples?

meme1098
08-10-14, 02:33 PM
Perserverence....and then some. Random, ultra-rare drops are a b1tch.

EBJW
08-11-14, 12:47 AM
You'll receive much more golden nuggets and eggs than apples.... So be careful how you spend them: use them for quests only, not the Golden Trade in the Royal Exchange until you have enough golden apples.

It's indeed a very rare drop: keep collecting and hoping...

FallenH
08-11-14, 04:13 AM

agreed with zelda.. use them for quests only..

fes1186
08-11-14, 04:36 AM
Thank you! I will take your advice and hold onto my golden items!

fes1186
08-11-14, 04:55 AM
I asked the same question a day or so ago. I've been harvesting from my apple trees for months, but still no golden apple! I was given good advice to NOT use my golden apple at the Royal Exchange. So I will pass that on to you!

Liloze
08-11-14, 06:20 AM
I Never Ever got a golden apple from the Magic garden !! ( Level 50 - Playing for almost 2 years)
And the last golden apple I got was from one of my 6 apple trees , 2 months ago !
I only have 3 in my stock!
Some of us just got bad luck with certain items lol. :p ;)
PS. Forgot to also add the fruit trade which never gave me one, so I stopped it lol.

Beleriand
08-11-14, 06:52 AM
Yes hoard those precious golden apples the drops are few and far between!

jo_fitz
08-11-14, 09:14 AM
Apples aren't that rare for me, I have 10 apples, 64 eggs, and no nuggets. I am lucky to get 3 nuggets a month.

Queenzod
08-11-14, 10:12 AM
Apples aren't that rare for me, I have 10 apples, 64 eggs, and no nuggets. I am lucky to get 3 nuggets a month.

I get about one per 10 days or so. Just got one yesterday, which puts my total at 68. They'll come! Collect from your tree as often as possible! It's the one thing that I actually have a little gasp over when it falls. They're just so pretty!

silveryedges
08-11-14, 10:27 AM
I am amazed at how many golden apples some of you have. Congrats!

I have been playing since this game got online and in all this time I got three golden apples. One went to Sir Pigglesworth, one was needed for one of those dragons and the third one sits safely in my inventory. That one came from one of the treasure troves we received from adventures during that dragon event.

Thanks for the good advice, I had given up on it a few months ago but will start to collect from apple trees again. Maybe...

Queenzod
08-11-14, 12:48 PM
I am amazed at how many golden apples some of you have. Congrats!

I have been playing since this game got online and in all this time I got three golden apples. One went to Sir Pigglesworth, one was needed for one of those dragons and the third one sits safely in my inventory. That one came from one of the treasure troves we received from adventures during that dragon event.

Thanks for the good advice, I had given up on it a few months ago but will start to collect from apple trees again. Maybe...

I had put my trees away for about six months before I realized I wasn't going to get any golden apples if I didn't collect from the trees, lol! Make a mental note of where you are now, collect from your trees, and on January 1st, compare. I'll bet you will have made lots of progress. Good luck! :)

SpiritWind00
08-11-14, 02:35 PM
I asked the same question a day or so ago. I've been harvesting from my apple trees for months, but still no golden apple! I was given good advice to NOT use my golden apple at the Royal Exchange. So I will pass that on to you!

I would suggest that maybe the advice you got was not to do the golden trade and GIVE a golden apple, but do the fruit trade in order to GET a golden apple. You don't get golden apples from the gold trade, you get gems, but I'm sure you know that already..... Keep collecting from apple trees. I'm nearly maxed on all gold items, it can be done.

katiekingofthecastle
08-12-14, 06:13 AM
I've got five golden apples and I don't even have an apple tree! They must all have come from sir piggies worth maybe, I can't remember

tigarlilyvol
08-12-14, 07:17 AM
I know I've had 13 golden apples for weeks and yesterday when I looked I had 14 and I don't know where it came from. I'm maxed on apples but still collecting but I never saw one drop.

Liloze
08-12-14, 09:39 AM
Sir P. gives Golden apples?! never got one from him all of my 3 apples came from the trees! O-O

autumnWillo
08-19-14, 10:53 AM
I have sir pigglesworth, the magic garden and bought a stupid apple tree with gems. As soon as I collected from my magic garden it gave me a gold apple (for sir pigglesworth obviously) since then I've collected 1golden apple from my tree and through some stupid glitch, it wasn't in my inventory and have seen no more since. :(