PDA

View Full Version : Food

bingoyo
06-03-14, 05:19 PM
What im about to discuss im preety sure everyone feels, in the game currently it takes around 90-100k food to feed a dragon to level 10 . Back when the game started it only took 10k. Correct me if im wrong btw. 100k food costs millions of coins am i wrong? Only way u are gonna get a dragon to epic anymore is if u have a bunch of gold ( so a lot of irl money ) or a lot of coins which means u saved up a lot , like me the average player u dont have very much gold u have 5-10 and u dont have money to be buying gold to get every dragon to level 10. This frustrates me because for some reason storm8 u guys decided to raise the amount of food it takes to get a dragon from lvl 1-10. I had no problem feeding a dragon 10k food but 100k is ridicolous and it makes me wanna quit! Im posting on the forums because i want the game to go back to the good old days , the days where it was fun and it wasnt all about money thats all im saying , even if u guys reduce it down to 25k to epic would be fine just listen to the players for a change please ..

Sparkly888
06-03-14, 06:11 PM
Personally I don't agree.
Sure it takes a lot of coins to grow enough food to get a dragon to epic. But a shortage of coins has never been a problem. Note the recent thread about nothing to spend coins on.

I am aware that the amount of food one can produce is the constraining factor in how quickly your dragons mature. So I'm not sure why people keep asking for another Evolution Temple.

The feeding to the first evolution is pretty cheap. And I don't know about other people but I spend a lot of time/coin evolving to 4 and then trading them off.
Occasionally I have enough to bring another dragon to epic.
I just don't know why that's a problem. If all you want is epics, the commons are still pretty cheap.

I think DS is a lot of fun and I'm glad that it takes awhile. I enjoy the long term planning and strategizing.
TL really can't fulfill everyone's wish list because we don't all want the same thing.

I have one complaint only and that is the gold traps. Been discussed at length here too.
I spend real money but never on food. And I don't feel that I have to.

TL has created a great game that I enjoy enough to spend a LOT of time playing. Lots of people here like that.
Why don't you spend a little time to see how you can maximize your profit and food production and enjoy the game?
There's no need to rush to get all the dragons to Epic.

bingoyo
06-03-14, 06:16 PM
I guess your kinda right i just feel that i was so used to the food feeding being so low , then when it raised i got kinda annoyed and frustrated.

Sparkly888
06-03-14, 06:33 PM
Lol. It's okay to take a break from DS too.
Not worth stressing about it. But sometimes it happens.

jaesha
06-03-14, 07:44 PM
Essentially I agree with both of you. Coins are in good supply, but food isn't. I've had dragons waiting not for evolution but for food for ages. Even the 7th habit wasn't a solution, we need more food options for our farms, both in time and quantity.

Anaboe
06-03-14, 11:22 PM
Curently have about 100 dragons that are epic, 75 waiting at lvl 7. I never used gold to feed my dragons, it's such a shame to use gold for that. Ok, I might have stepped in a goldtrap or two, but that's it.

I make about 10 gold a day (3 neighbors, 1 golddragon, bought for 300 gold a while back, and 2 secondaire accounts) and usually I have 100-600 gold in stash, so it's not like I'm short on gold, but I hate spending it on food: there are much, much better ways to use it.

When I have time, I grow the 1-hour expensive corps, when I don't I breed the 5-hour Diamondates. At this moment I have over 400.000 food, but I'd like to keep it that way: raising 1 dragon to epic can easily cost 150.000 food or more. This way I can choose when and where to use it, instead of thinkeing "hey, I should grow that dragon, but I don't have the food". Then, by the time I have the food, I forgot which dragon I wanted to grow ;)

elwood99
06-04-14, 01:58 AM
What im about to discuss im preety sure everyone feels, in the game currently it takes around 90-100k food to feed a dragon to level 10 . Back when the game started it only took 10k. Correct me if im wrong btw. 100k food costs millions of coins am i wrong? Only way u are gonna get a dragon to epic anymore is if u have a bunch of gold ( so a lot of irl money ) or a lot of coins which means u saved up a lot , like me the average player u dont have very much gold u have 5-10 and u dont have money to be buying gold to get every dragon to level 10. This frustrates me because for some reason storm8 u guys decided to raise the amount of food it takes to get a dragon from lvl 1-10. I had no problem feeding a dragon 10k food but 100k is ridicolous and it makes me wanna quit! Im posting on the forums because i want the game to go back to the good old days , the days where it was fun and it wasnt all about money thats all im saying , even if u guys reduce it down to 25k to epic would be fine just listen to the players for a change please ..

Is there a good reason to feed all your dragons to epic? I stopped at lvl6 except for all my champions and diamond hybrids and some select dragons for battle arena. I have over 500 k food and over 200million coins. I find trying to get the dragon to epic soooo boring and tedious why do it? Why torture yourself? Just feed it to lvl 6 and plant scaly pears and collect x1-2 a day.

Sparkly888
06-04-14, 05:31 AM
Is there a good reason to feed all your dragons to epic? I stopped at lvl6 except for all my champions and diamond hybrids and some select dragons for battle arena. I have over 500 k food and over 200million coins. I find trying to get the dragon to epic soooo boring and tedious why do it? Why torture yourself? Just feed it to lvl 6 and plant scaly pears and collect x1-2 a day.

My main criteria I use to decide which dragons I want to keep is how much they earn at Epic. It's not that I need the money. I already have more than I can use. It's just what makes it more fun for me than collecting one of each.
So it's part of my long term strategy, just not a priority.

I am also working towards getting all the habitat boosts. Mainly because they look cool and it's a good feeling to see that special swoosh every time I collect from a habitat on which I have earned the boost. It feels like....accomplishment.

I don't do the battle arena but that's a good reason to get Rares and Super Rares to Epic. Which you seem to be doing.

One thing is have noticed is that islands that have a lot of Epics seem to load more slowly when I visit. Depending on what device you are using. You may have noticed that on those highly developed islands that habitats load first and then epic dragons show up a second or so later.

It's personal preference. For me it's about profit.

elwood99
06-04-14, 08:20 AM
My main criteria I use to decide which dragons I want to keep is how much they earn at Epic. It's not that I need the money. I already have more than I can use. It's just what makes it more fun for me than collecting one of each.
So it's part of my long term strategy, just not a priority.

I am also working towards getting all the habitat boosts. Mainly because they look cool and it's a good feeling to see that special swoosh every time I collect from a habitat on which I have earned the boost. It feels like....accomplishment.

I don't do the battle arena but that's a good reason to get Rares and Super Rares to Epic. Which you seem to be doing.

One thing is have noticed is that islands that have a lot of Epics seem to load more slowly when I visit. Depending on what device you are using. You may have noticed that on those highly developed islands that habitats load first and then epic dragons show up a second or so later.

It's personal preference. For me it's about profit.

Unless one can collect more than once every hour every day, the earning capacity of the dragon shouldn't be the determining factor. The more important factor is your habitat capacity. With the boost the light gives you 8,500 max coin and one should put as many dragons as possible as follows, light, black, pink, purple, blue, green, yellow and red - assuming you got all the boost.

A very long time ago before even battle arena was available, I did some mathematical calculations all the habitats would fill up in 2-3 hours even if your dragons are level 6. So there is really no point in epics unless they are diamond hybrids. Fill up your habitats with duplicates and I got something like 100 million coins checking in every 2-3 hourly. Ofc I got sick of doing this and now don't do this kind of nonsense anymore. If you really want coins just breed crusader ie diamond and fire and fill up all your remaining habitats with them. In no time, coins would be no problem even if u plant diamondates

Sparkly888
06-04-14, 09:15 AM
Unless one can collect more than once every hour every day, the earning capacity of the dragon shouldn't be the determining factor.

Yes, it's about your playing style. Some of us only check in with DS a couple of times a day. I won't even try to guess how many times a day I am checking in, collecting coins, harvesting my 1 hr crops, checking on the progress of my trades, evolution temple, egg hatching, breeding, mining.
Habitats with a Epics in them fill up way faster than habitats that just have lower level dragons.
And if you're in to the battle arena and especially if there is a tourney going on, you would ideally like to check in every hour any way.

There is no right or wrong way to play this game. There's what's the most fun for you. And the most effective at achieving the results you are looking for.

MakJulos
06-04-14, 09:39 AM
DS has its good sides, but i dislike that there is no way of keeping up with feeding dragons to level them since TL are flooding the game with new dragons - the line of dragons waiting to get fed is just getting longer. I understand that the plan is to make us spend money to keep up, and without TL profiting there'd be no game at all ofc so to a point it's all good - myself i think they've gone a bit too far ahead of that point though.

Oh well, i still enjoy collecting food and getting my dragons up to max level, even without any hope of ever catching up.

poisonoushades
06-05-14, 02:37 PM
I'm on Android and ALL of my dragons are epic. This is only possible because I use New Dawn to feed all of my dragons since it STILL takes only 10k to feed to epic for every dragon. But yesterday I somehow leveled one from 4-6 with 0 food...must have been a glitch, but in my favor ;)

PineapplePigeon
06-05-14, 02:51 PM
I'm on Android and ALL of my dragons are epic. This is only possible because I use New Dawn to feed all of my dragons since it STILL takes only 10k to feed to epic for every dragon. But yesterday I somehow leveled one from 4-6 with 0 food...must have been a glitch, but in my favor ;)

Haha, definitely in your favor :) And congrats on all epic form dragons!

jim23cash
06-05-14, 03:15 PM
If you have lots of coins, send out the magic Dragon on quest for crops. It costs like $5k and only takes 6 hours.

Sparkly888
06-05-14, 03:57 PM
If you have lots of coins, send out the magic Dragon on quest for crops. It costs like $5k and only takes 6 hours.
What kind of return do you get on that because all I ever get is about half the coins I spent to send him out. Never any food.

Clark_Wayne
06-05-14, 11:09 PM
When you start the game of course it is hard to feed every dragon to Epic.
What i do is to feed the dragons that earn lot of coins
I try to get as much habitat as i can, so that when my neighbor visit me, they can play with all 6 (remember that each play give 250 extra coins)
And i try to feed Epic one by one : if you want to feed all at once , of course you will think it is too much :D

Jnny2good
06-06-14, 11:53 AM
I keep a spreadsheet of all my dragons, and right now I have 40 dragons who are not epic and not waiting to evolve. To feed them all to the next level will take 1,152,000 apples.

I use the spreadsheet and data from the unmentionable wiki site to determine which dragon will give me the most coins at the next level for the least apples fed. More cash now equals more apples, which equals dragons leveling up faster. It's an accelerator if you feed the most efficient dragons first.