PDA

View Full Version : delete options for gifts

pnkrosebud
06-01-14, 02:49 PM
There are alot of un wanted gifts sitting in the gift box and i think there should be a delete or remove button to get rid of the unwanted gifts. I'm sure like many of us that first started the game we would automatically accept any gifts that neighbors would send to us then come to realize they are un useable parts because some of the items are locked forever. What's the point of having these parts if the appliances are locked?. I do think there should be a remove or delete option to un clutter our gift boxes. Getting tired of looking at parts that i cannot use.

KimWill
06-06-14, 03:34 AM
Agreed, and if I remember correctly they put a max limit on how many gifts in total you can have and even if you don't accept a gift it still counts against your daily limit

bobbyrae
06-06-14, 10:31 AM
Agreed, and if I remember correctly they put a max limit on how many gifts in total you can have and even if you don't accept a gift it still counts against your daily limit

Your answer is a bit confusing since you are speaking about two different things.

When you decline a gift, even though it may count towards your daily quota of 20, it does not add to the number of gifts already in your inventory.

The maximum number of any one gift you can have in your inventory is 32,767.

nmishii
06-06-14, 02:41 PM
Well, declined gifts are not supposed to count toward the number of gifts received, but sometimes it does.

sally_brown
06-06-14, 03:05 PM
The maximum number of any one gift you can have in your inventory is 32,767. I'm curious as to how you know this.

nmishii
06-06-14, 03:13 PM
I'm curious as to how you know this.

That was posted in a few previous threads.

babekakes
06-10-14, 09:13 PM
Great idea

bobbyrae
06-11-14, 03:36 PM
I'm curious as to how you know this.

Because a couple of years ago someone stocked stew gifts or some other gift and when they got to that number they could receive no more. Even though they continued to accept the stew every day the player noticed that the number never moved. Then some bright spark explained why it was so and there was a whole techy discussion which went entirely above my head and so i am unable to tell you the exact reason as to why that is the maximum number of each gift which can be stored in your inventory. But there is a reason and apparently a very good reason too. :p

nmishii
06-11-14, 06:17 PM
TL apparently stores the gift count as a 16-bit signed integer. It can have the values from -2**15 to 2**15 -1, or -32,768 to 32,767.

qusiesue
08-22-14, 07:04 PM
Can you deleted unwanted gifts?

twospoons
08-25-14, 04:58 AM
it's a never-gonna-happen request, but man do i wish it would. i hate looking at those olympic parts in my inventory that i never should have accepted because i was too late for those ovens. drives me crazy.

koigras
09-14-14, 12:34 PM
Even if they never let us delete the gifts it would be nice if they were in order of newest to oldest so I don't have to go through eight pages of parts to check my inventory.

ElaineCarrel
09-18-14, 06:02 PM
Can you deleted unwanted gifts?

If it's an accepted gift-no. If it's a gift being given to u that day then of course by declining it. As far as I know there's no limit to the # of gifts we're allowed to have in inventory. If there's one then it's an exorbitant number that I doubt we'd ever reach. And how do u know if it'll b never used? On the last challenge in RS we used a part for an appliance that I can't remember. This had everyone begging for this part for days. So I'm glad we can't get rid of parts bcuz w my luck I'd get rid of something and it'd b needed for the next challenge.

bobbyrae
09-19-14, 01:29 PM
If it's an accepted gift-no. If it's a gift being given to u that day then of course by declining it. As far as I know there's no limit to the # of gifts we're allowed to have in inventory. If there's one then it's an exorbitant number that I doubt we'd ever reach.

See posts 3, 8 & 9 above. The maximum number of any one gift you can have in your inventory is 32,767.