PDA

View Full Version : Time Travel

GBeesHive
05-31-14, 07:39 AM
I am exhausted from forging swords and armour for my knights, and then having to reprimand them for their poor egg finding abilities. I have ruined my manicure searching for seeds and shards so I can get inscriptions for Belladonna. And so, last night, to get away from it all, I asked my husband to load castle story on his iPad and I made a brand new kingdom. I have made my way up to level 6.

I had forgotten how the story started - it was fun to travel back and relive the early adventures. They seemed easy, except without the inventory and all of the resource buildings, it's a lot of work just to get the 3 blocks and 3 beams needed to build a mine.

Because the game crashed just as I was starting, I am a male adventurer this time (I assume my finger slipped). It is a little weird to see this different avatar running around. I am used to my plucky female hero.

I seem to recall getting that first neighbour to reply to a request was very hard. This time I assumed it would be easy, since I sent the request to myself. Of course, the young 'uns on the game now have Stormie - he responded to me before I did.

In my day we had to quest for every little thing. The quests were long, and involved walking barefoot for miles through drifts of snow, as I recall. Now if you want a reindeer stable or a harvest pergola, you just buy one. It was strange to see them lined up in the marketplace. You young 'uns don't know how good you've got it!

:)

Travelling back to the beginning and then looking at my level 45 kingdom gave me a huge appreciation of all of the work that has gone into this game. I decided it would be better if I didn't add up how much I have spent on gems, since I remember the old days when a good computer game for the PC cost $79.98 and once you mastered it (sometimes in a week if you were really committed) you lost interest. It has been more than two years for me with Castle Story, and even with my ragged fingernails and sore back, I am still interested!

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-31-14, 07:46 AM
Very cool, thanks for sharing! :)
Y'know...you can easily change your avatar on your profile page (by clicking the level star in top left)... Unless you just get a kick out of walking around as a boy. That might be fun, too lol.

GBeesHive
05-31-14, 07:51 AM
Y'know...you can easily change your avatar on your profile page (by clicking the level star in top left)... Unless you just get a kick out of walking around as a boy. That might be fun, too lol.

I know I can theoretically change him, but what if all those things people report in other threads are true, and not coincidence or superstition? What if I change my avatar and by doing so doom myself to never, ever, ever finish a quest? I can't take the risk!
:)

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-31-14, 08:00 AM
LOL!!! ... As long as it's not when the aliens are visiting ( big light flash), you should be awight.
But just in case, go around in circles 3x, run over Old Thomas and chop a tree.
Then you're good to go. ;)