PDA

View Full Version : Farm 2: New Poll and Suggestion Thread 5-29-14

kooky panda
05-29-14, 11:21 AM
What items would you like to see come to your Farm?

You can vote only once, but you can pick more than one item.

You can also post suggestions for new items you would like to see. For example, what crops, trees, recipes, and decor would you like to have?

PookieBear50
05-29-14, 01:06 PM
Since the Forge likely will not be used to produce lumber (as needed for expanding crafting station capacity, repairing the llama pen, etc.), perhaps a Sawmill could be introduced. This could produce the lumber (1 log = 2 lumber...we'll still need to receive Saws to cut down trees, so it's not an automatic giveaway of wood), and possibly also double as a woodshop, producing other wooden items, like planters (2 lumber), chairs (2 lumber and 1 nail), tables (4 lumber and 2 nails), etc.

The area to the left of the mine has now been unlocked as the Truffle Forest, so perhaps the area to the right of the mine (the plateau behind the fishpond) could be expanded to as well? And if not made available as more farm space, perhaps it could be an area similar to the forest...for example, Maple Woods, where we can collect maple sap (scooped, like the fruit trees, etc.) which could be processed in one of the buildings (maybe the Kitchen or the Chocolatier--so maybe another one of these might be made purchasable) to make Maple Syrup along with Maple Butter, Maple Sugar, etc. Or, alternately, offer Maple as a new fruit tree.

Possible new crops: Pineapple (Pineapple Upside-Down Cake--with Flour--in the Bakery, Candied Pineapple--with Simple Syrup--in the Candy Maker, Hawaiian Pizza--with Flour and Cheese and Bacon--in the Pizza Oven); Peas (Split Pea Soup--with Bacon--in the Kitchen, Mixed Vegetables--with Corn and Carrots--in the Deli); Beans (Baked Beans--with Bacon--in the Kitchen, Refried Beans in the Deep Fryer, Bean Burrito--using Refried Beans with Corn and Tomato and Cheese--in the Deli)

Possible new skins: since there were holiday skins for the animals, perhaps some kind of summer thing, like the chickens could be wearing straw hats and tropical shirts, the pigs could be wearing sunglasses and visors, etc. Or offer a new dog and/or cat in summer-time outfits.

Speaking of pets, could the prices be brought down? That many coins of gems for dogs or cats (or horses or ponies), seems excessive.

GameOfFarms
06-01-14, 07:04 PM
Since the Forge likely will not be used to produce lumber (as needed for expanding crafting station capacity, repairing the llama pen, etc.), perhaps a Sawmill could be introduced. This could produce the lumber (1 log = 2 lumber...we'll still need to receive Saws to cut down trees, so it's not an automatic giveaway of wood), and possibly also double as a woodshop, producing other wooden items, like planters (2 lumber), chairs (2 lumber and 1 nail), tables (4 lumber and 2 nails), etc.

Possible new skins: since there were holiday skins for the animals, perhaps some kind of summer thing, like the chickens could be wearing straw hats and tropical shirts, the pigs could be wearing sunglasses and visors, etc. Or offer a new dog and/or cat in summer-time outfits.

Speaking of pets, could the prices be brought down? That many coins of gems for dogs or cats (or horses or ponies), seems excessive.

I LOVE the idea of the sawmill!

Re skins: It always slightly bugs me that the holiday skins are directed towards the northern hemisphere. Like the last Christmas theme. Our Christmas in Australia is generally hot... Not a lot of snow lol I'd love for themes or skins to occasionally be reflective of different parts of the world.

Pet prices do seem slightly odd to me. How can a coin cat be more expensive than a coin horse?

nicxole
06-01-14, 07:19 PM
Before anything else... I'd like to see fairer prices on deliveries. I know we get XP which is why they aren't as generous as the prices in the shop, but there are deliveries that consistently give a quarter of what the items are worth in the shop. All I really care about now is leveling up to unlock new items, so I'd rather do deliveries to get the XP and maps. It'd discouraging having to cancel delivery after delivery to get something relatively fair

sanya87
06-03-14, 03:56 AM
more slots in our shops would be nice

zozozp
06-03-14, 09:18 AM
I would love too see more Xp for the plane deliveries, especially as we level up. I understand why the coins are low.:) Thanks.

tewca
06-03-14, 06:50 PM
How about a carpenter's shop to make wood planks?

Usna71
06-04-14, 06:19 AM
I would love to have the ability to make saws. You have to depend on drops for these. It's hard to have enough wood for buttons, necklace and now rocking horse in toy shop. They could be made at the Forge.

Mine: new jewels"Ruby, Emerald,Sapphire and Turquoise"

Crop: cotton, silk worms

Shops: Dressmaker-Shirts, pants, Dresses, Coats, Sweaters, etc made from cotton, silk and wool

Apothecary: Expand herb garden and grow specific flowers for perfume, medicine

Shoemaker

Love the Truffle Forest. I am an older gal now so I ask family for iTunes gift cards for bday and Christmas. They were happy to make their shopping for me easier and I save them for special updates. I was able to expand 1 plot on my own inventory and used the gift card to purchase gems for part of the other plot and Truffle Forest. So players you may want to do what I do "ask for those gift cards"!

cityfan
06-04-14, 12:02 PM
How about the ability to do private nbr-to-nbr sales?

zozozp
06-04-14, 12:46 PM
Wonderful suggestion(:

GDude118
06-05-14, 12:50 PM
How about the ability to sell collection pieces? That way if there's a butterfly or mole item you have a huge amount of you can make some profit of it. It would make getting the same butterfly over and over again not as bad a thing. Thoughts?

nicxole
06-06-14, 03:46 PM
I'd like to see the option for a second bakery and deep fryer. With the the added recipes from the truffle farm and water garden, we sure could use the additional buildings. Right now my deep fryer and bakery are held up with recipes that are 2+ hours

kc4388
06-10-14, 02:11 AM
I second the second bakery

sanya87
06-10-14, 07:03 AM
It would be nice to get a new toy for the toy maker, with only two toys we have at the moment it is really boring and looks like a bad investement just sitting out there. maybe something like a teddy bear, a doll or a car. depends also on materials it can use but i am sure something new can be added!

And for the crops, well vanilla and cranberries have beed nice addition so thanks for that :) For the new ones, maybe pumpkins, we could make pumpkin juice, pumpkin pie, soup, puree... They can be added maybe for Thanksgiving or Haloween. Beans, as already suggested, can be used also for bean chilli, together with corn, tomatoes and peppers. We have got chinese food so why not spice it up with some mexican dishes.

As for the new appliances, i know there are many that have been suggested before so excuse me if i repeat what has been mentioned before. I was thinking about something like pasta maker to produce maybe 2 basic kind of pasta that after we can combine with other ingredients and make macaroni with cheese, macaroni with mushrooms, spaghetti milanese with bacon and tomato, spaghetti carbonara with bacon, egg and cheese... of course there are many combinations, this is just what came first on my mind.

zozozp
06-12-14, 06:20 AM
I was just reading other posts from today and I have to say I agree with lot of what is said. I would suggest that the next time there is something major introduced, it's for the higher levels, and by that I mean 55 and up not the tl version of higher level ;) I am at level 45 and I was levelling up really quick, till the water garden came along. But before before I could get to it, the truffle exp came n everything is a standstill. I think it's the people in the 40s who are really effected. Those lower levels have time to get to it. And those at higher levels, are ok too.

Also, if it's a new appliance, we can save for it. But new expansions, need the ability to send deliveries, it's not something that can be done selling stuff.

I refuse to use gems on this game, simply because there are too many gem traps. Actually every time you tap, it's gem trap!!! Just lost gems feeding wheat in the feed mill. So I never try to earn them. And if I do, I promptly use it too.

Having said that, I do love the game. I'm not in a hurry. But I do kinda like to keep up with what is available at each level. I do love that there are continuous updates. And I know it's hard to make it fair for everyone. I'm hoping that the new update will be a good one:)

donnapetersen
06-14-14, 07:50 AM
I haven't been playing long but I'd like the ability to ask neighbors for materials and other items needed for upgrading buildings and expansions. Also the private trading with nbrs would be nice.

Rynetory2
06-23-14, 12:51 AM
1. Private trading will be nice.

2. Additional feed mill since TL has added alpaca, hog and new pets.

3. Ability to block specific visitor or nbr from visiting your farm (not just posting on walls like current function in RS and BS). This will be awesome to prevent stalkers and trouble makers from coming to your farm. I think this will help TL by reducing complaints.

sheturtle
06-27-14, 12:56 AM
How about:

1.) Longer sections for Wall posts, at least like Dragon Story where there are three lines of slightly smaller letters.

2.) The ability to block a single player from posting on your wall. Lately there has been a serious outbreak of cyber-bullying taking place amongst the youngest members of the community. Right now, RS & BS have this option, I believe. However, I think it's a basic right we should have - to decide who posts on our walls, and not have to give up ALL other (overwhelmingly supportive) contact with other players.

3.) Ability for (first) limited online chat with other players, then after users prove they can behave, open it up to unlimited chat, or group chat rooms with specific subjects. You could offer daily passes for a gem, or a new drop item/or GIFT like a Chat Invitation.

4.) Allow us to see when our neighbors are online. This would help know when neighbors, quite literally on the 'other side of the world', are available to help, by answering a question, offering strategy tips, & being generally supportive.

5.) Make the clock I the train station tower WORK to show current local time for the user. Since FS2 completely overtakes the screen, the time, battery percentage, and wireless signal strength normally seen at the top of the screen (at least they do in iOS). It would also be nice to see what time it is where our neighbors live. Since the flags were introduced, many use them to remind people of where they are located (country is a big enough area that it is not really personal information, nor is time zone.) If nothing else, at least make the two clocks MATCH!!!! (Train Tower & Old West Tower)

6.) Purchase & Spending histories. The current "Messages Log" is woefully inadequate for the two simple tasks it is supposed to be doing. First, it is the "gift manager", and it manages the process poorly. Once the three gifts you wish to send are sent, it deletes the history of those who have given gifts and you have sent a return gift, and it hides the list of gifts you have received from others that have yet to be returned, once the three woeful & paltry gifts are given out for the day.... Oh, I forgot, this where you also choose to accept or decline a neighbor invitation is listed here as well. A simple listing of anyone interacting with the farm pretty much is logged here but the messages are nearly useless as they are all identical. "so&so visited your farm. Why don't you visit them back." When you visit so&so, thanking them for their visit, some think that you are playing with less than a full deck of cards, because the bought a bunch of things & either forgot, or never even LOOKED at the name of the farm that sold the goods to them, esp through he paper. A purchase & spending log would easily fit here showing a basic general ledger. If you can't write that, any CHECKBOOK BALANCING program could suffice. the time & money saved is support costs alone, allowing players to go see what that slip of the finger cost them instead of having to pay a support person to go & look it up & respond to the player!!!!

7.) Something that explains how the train works, how payment is calculated, whether partial trainloads a good to send, etc.

Since someone ASKED, these would be the minimum, barest necessities for decent gameplay, before anymore cosmetic stuff like new recipes, new crops, livestock, etc. oh yeah, BIGGER FARMS that are more easily expanded into would be needed with the addition of ANY of the aforementioned cosmetic enhancements.

Stacy ��������
Aka SheTurtle

kooky panda
07-13-14, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the votes! Results have been submitted!

See New Poll here. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?70858-Farm-2-New-Poll-and-Suggestion-Thread-7-13-14&p=930819&viewfull=1#post930819)