PDA

View Full Version : ULTRAMARINE EGG - confusion

ginourmous
05-27-14, 01:25 PM
Hi, I know there are 160 pages of message on the last update, but I am so confused that I figured we need a new thread on the ULTRAMARINE EGG

Here's my problem. I read somewhere that people are suggesting to wait and not hatch the eggs and keep looking for the 3 eggs before the 10 days run out.

I am one of the lucky one who has 2 eggs (and did about 25 adventures to get them with the castle only). I just received the ULTRAMARINE EGG and was going to put it aside in keep looking for the 3rd egg but... In the KINGDOM GOALS it says: NOSE GOES! - 2 DAYS and it's requesting 4 adventure to POLARIS NORTH which are 8hrs each. With only 5 days left am I supposed to take 1.5 day to go to polaris north?

What will happen if I don't go there in the next 2 days, will I lose my ULTRAMARINE EGG?

I really love the updates but this one I have to admit is the most confusing one. With the time limits on tasks, I don't understand how people suggest to hatch later. I really wish the task were CLEAR. Not everyone wants to spend hours on the forum before they make a move to see if they are doing the right thing. It should not be that if you don't read the forum you are confused. just my opinion. Please help!

Queenzod
05-27-14, 01:37 PM
Hi, I know there are 160 pages of message on the last update, but I am so confused that I figured we need a new thread on the ULTRAMARINE EGG

Here's my problem. I read somewhere that people are suggesting to wait and not hatch the eggs and keep looking for the 3 eggs before the 10 days run out.

I am one of the lucky one who has 2 eggs (and did about 25 adventures to get them with the castle only). I just received the ULTRAMARINE EGG and was going to put it aside in keep looking for the 3rd egg but... In the KINGDOM GOALS it says: NOSE GOES! - 2 DAYS and it's requesting 4 adventure to POLARIS NORTH which are 8hrs each. With only 5 days left am I supposed to take 1.5 day to go to polaris north?

What will happen if I don't go there in the next 2 days, will I lose my ULTRAMARINE EGG?

I really love the updates but this one I have to admit is the most confusing one. With the time limits on tasks, I don't understand how people suggest to hatch later. I really wish the task were CLEAR. Not everyone wants to spend hours on the forum before they make a move to see if they are doing the right thing. It should not be that if you don't read the forum you are confused. just my opinion. Please help!

Yes, this update is way confusing, so I understand your frustration! You will have to make a choice whether to go on the Polaris adventure or keep searching for eggs. The Polaris adventure gives you forever snow which you'll need to hatch the egg. After you get done with the adventure, an option opens in the exchange to trade for more forever snow. If you don't do the adventure, you'll have to do more exchanges to get the snow. Some people prefer that method 'cos you get trade tickets with the snow. Others want to get it done and/or have all the eggs so choose to do the adventure. So, you have to choose. Hope this helps!

ginourmous
05-27-14, 01:48 PM
Ohhhh, ok now I understand. Do you know what is needed to send the trade to get the snow? How much snow is needed in total?

If I do the 4 adventures, will it get me all the snow I need?

Can you do just 2 of the POLARIS adventure and get snow? I was thinking to send to POLARIS when I go to sleep, so while I sleep I get something done that takes a long time. This way I get some of the snow.

Thanks so much, now at least I understand what is going on.

Castloninian
05-27-14, 02:27 PM
You could just do two Polaris adventures. It would get you 16-24 forever snow. The thing you miss out on is some coins and XP for doing 4 adventures, no big deal. You need 50 so would still need to do maybe 5-7 trades in the exchange. The exchange takes 3 gingerbread and 3 hot chocolate. The good thing is you get a trade ticket.

I did do all 4 adventures as was running low on things for the pyre one anyway, so kept that going via the barracks. Still needed to do 2 exchanges for forever snow.

Castloninian
05-27-14, 02:28 PM
I am not giving the snow at the moment, because that sets off another timed quest, for 200 jewels etc and I don't want to go there yet.

Missmooper
05-27-14, 02:53 PM
I have a baby flare and am working on the water part of my ultramarine egg.

When I read don't hatch eggs, I interpret it to mean do everything up to the point of the last task, conveniently not timed. Ie for the flare dragon it was click the hatch button. With the water one it will be up to the point of giving the 20O water and seeing what happens next. I understood this after hatching my flare. If I get another of those eggs I won't both to hatch him. I hope that doesn't stop me getting the third egg. I learned too late, was too excited.

I would really recommend the timed sections to gather the snow and lapis lazuli etc. Like the in game prompt says you don't have to do it, but it will get you ahead. The amount of time and resources needed is way more than just doing the timed adventures. I've spent about 200 of my saved gems. At times the cost to skip or complete a task was ridiculously low compared to the time resources needed to gather the item. But them I'm a saver and never really used my gems unless accidentally misclicking on something. So it's good for me to spend them deliberately for so something like this versus accidental mispresses.

For the people who have hatched the eggs, how long did it take for them to get to adulthood?

Queenzod
05-27-14, 04:06 PM
I hate to say this, but this thread should prolly be merged with the main thread. There's already too much confusion over what is what and who is where. :)

roguebee
05-27-14, 04:26 PM
Due to the way it was set up, you only have a chance at multiple Matrix (Ultramarine) dragons. You can only have one of each egg in inventory at a time. For both Flare and Bijou, when you hatch the egg, that particular quest ends. However, if you look at the requirement for Matrix, it is two steps, you hatch the egg (and get it out of your inventory) but the quest doesn't end until to you feed the baby dragon. So if you don't feed the baby and manage to get a second Matrix, you can hatch him too and then feed both. I guess you can leave both as unfed babies and try for a third.

Glimmergate posted a message on the main thread stating again that once you get an egg, that quest remains valid after the 10 days end. That means you have "forever" to try to hatch the egg.

As for the Polaris adventures, I received 38 snow in 4 tries and it took an additional 3 attempts using the Royal Exchange to get the remaining snow. If my numbers are valid for anyone else, it will take 2-3 exchanges for each adventure skipped. But there is no time limit on the Royal Exchange. That exchange and the ability to craft gingerbread men and hot chocolate remains until they are not needed by you anymore. I did it as an opportunity to rebuild stocks to try for my third egg.

ginourmous
05-27-14, 05:01 PM
So, the EXCHANGE only appear in the ROYAL EXCHANGE after the 2 days is passed? Because i don't have it in there yet.

Thanks everyone for the great info. Best forum users ever.

roguebee
05-27-14, 05:33 PM
So, the EXCHANGE only appear in the ROYAL EXCHANGE after the 2 days is passed? Because i don't have it in there yet..

Yes, after time expires

ginourmous
05-27-14, 06:17 PM
Ok great, thanks and happy Casteling!

LlamaLand2
06-01-14, 09:16 PM
It takes about 20 clicks to get the dragon to adulthood and it can be tapped once every hour. If you set a timer and remember to tap it every hour, you can get it grown fairly quickly.

kooky panda
06-02-14, 05:29 AM
More information on this quest under the current thread here. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?68871-Castle-Story-05-22-2014-EVENT-Infiltrate-The-Pyre-Caverns)