PDA

View Full Version : Is there really a point to adding lots of people?

Sarah
05-24-10, 10:16 AM
Can someone tell me if I've got this correct? If you add someone as a neighbour you can then water their farm 10 times a day instead of the usual 5. As far as I can see there are no other benefits to being neighbours. (except that if they are personal friends etc you have a link to their farm).

Well if I've got it right I don't understand why everyone is so frantically running around trying to get everyone to add them. I have a 4 star rating just from watering the farms of people in the community and my farm is always well watered. So I don't understand why everyone wants to add each other. I don't want to add loads of random people for no reason and I'm already bored after two days on the game of being asked. Can anyone tell me if I'm missing something?

Also is there actually any benefit to having your farm watered anyway? In the help section it says that your crops will only wither if you don't harvest them in time. So if you did have no one watering your farm would it affect your crops?

Btw this is great little game and I'm really enjoying it :))

Farmer Grud
05-24-10, 10:21 AM
Can someone tell me if I've got this correct? If you add someone as a neighbour you can then water their farm 10 times a day instead of the usual 5. As far as I can see there are no other benefits to being neighbours. (except that if they are personal friends etc you have a link to their farm)....

Also is there actually any benefit to having your farm watered anyway? In the help section it says that your crops will only wither if you don't harvest them in time. So if you did have no one watering your farm would it affect your crops?...

Yes, there is a benefit to getting your crops watered. It adds one point of experience to your total when you harvest them, but No, watering your crops does NOT prevent them from withering.

Sarah
05-24-10, 10:27 AM
Oh right thanks for that....I'm still not sure about the adding people thing. Seems slightly pointless to me. Especially as I have personal friends on my neighbours list and I don't really want a huge neighbours list.

Another thing....I can't see anyway to delete neighbours if I wanted to.

Unregistered
05-24-10, 10:37 AM
It would be nice to have a delete button

Unregistered
05-24-10, 12:40 PM
Not only do you get 1 xp you also get more money. ie strawberries harvested without water is $30 with water $50

that applies to all crops and trees extra money.

The main point I can see to having lots of people as friends is that you and they can water 2x as much per farm per day. So everyone can save time, and get more watering (more xp & $ ) all around.

Just my thoughts.

But what would be nice is a way to sort friends other than by ABC by name. People with a name starting after like "M" probely are never seen.

Sarah
05-25-10, 07:10 AM
Yeah I can see that it saves time I guess...although all the people on my friends list are always already fully watered. I haven't yet had a chance to water any of them lol. I don't think I will add anyone else. I don't think it makes any difference to the game in general. (Which is good....I love social games but hate having to add loads of random people for no reason) Thanks all :)

Unregistered
05-30-10, 05:54 AM
I have discovered that by having more neighbors allows you to plant quicker growing crops and maximize the profit in both cash and xp. I have enough neaighbors that when I do want to spend a bit of time in the game, I can plant strawberries and by the time I harvest them ( like just before they start wilting) I get 50 coins vs 30 for each plant and +1 xp vs +0. on avg I will have at minimum 50% of my crop watered on a 13X13 lot. on a good time of day, i can get over 90% watered, on strawberries !!! I am right around 400 neighbors.

StrawberryFieldsForHours
05-30-10, 12:35 PM
Another use for neighbours would be their new role as criterion for farm size upgrades.

I don't have any as yet though so I am still making my little farm work for me as best I can. I hope you will all join with me in making my GF get off her bottom and instal the game on her phone. :p

Unregistered
05-31-10, 03:27 AM
Can someone tell me if I've got this correct? If you add someone as a neighbour you can then water their farm 10 times a day instead of the usual 5. As far as I can see there are no other benefits to being neighbours. (except that if they are personal friends etc you have a link to their farm).

There is another advantage. If you want to buy expensions (larger land) then you need a certain amount of neighbours.

Unregistered
05-31-10, 03:40 AM
There is another advantage. If you want to buy expensions (larger land) then you need a certain amount of neighbours.

Didn't the above poster just say that, only in PHD speak for some reason?

Unregistered
05-31-10, 06:21 AM
It would be nice to have a delete button

Yes, a delete button would be great as I've quite a few farmers who have left the game or are just not taking care of their farms, and it would be nice to be able to delete them! Nice little game tho

Unregistered
05-31-10, 11:56 PM
Yes, a delete button would be great as I've quite a few farmers who have left the game or are just not taking care of their farms, and it would be nice to be able to delete them! Nice little game tho

* I totally agree with the request for a delete button for both neighbours and neighbours requests.