PDA

View Full Version : The new issues with gem leachers or what they call them self gem pirates

ColdIllusion
05-26-14, 01:28 PM
Dear FM and staff,
There has been a sudden fluctuation of gem leachers or pirates which ever you prefer to call them. They troll all the public low lvl alliances who are in wars or the dead alliances and declare the war. There is approximately 30 or more of them doing this, they find an alliance that is winning the war with 15 or less minutes left, once they find one they indicate it in global with numbers that show how many minutes that are left or just random emoticons. The others see it and visit that player and hit the alliance flag and join that alliance to fight once and win the gems. Once they gain the spoils they are in search if more alliance and the cycle starts over again, having them join around 5 wars an hour and gaining gems for each. They also said they will not join private alliances because it jacks up their payouts. My suggestion is to set all alliance to private and get rid of the public alliance since they are doing this with dead alliances as well or have a certain amount of hours they must participate to win the spoils. They are leaching of the other alliances who fight for 12 hours just to join at last minute to leach the gems they did not help earn.. I hope you can fix this because it is taking away from the war feature and also the profit of gem purchases, if they do this 5 times an hour and gaining 25 gems each time.. Just do the math and they have been doing it for weeks.. Thank you kindly FM.. I hope you can fix the issues that are leading to these low life players doing this. I feel it takes away from the aspect of fair play because those bad apples feel they found a loop hole to earning free gems with little work as possible.

Meowmeowbeans
05-28-14, 04:44 PM
Thanks for letting us know about this. We will look into this to see if we can limit the use of this feature.

Please remember that you can always report any individual players to support@firemocha.com

kakireina
05-31-14, 05:51 AM
Thanks for letting us know about this. We will look into this to see if we can limit the use of this feature.

Please remember that you can always report any individual players to support@firemocha.com

Yes this is very true and still happening and getting worse. I have screenshots of alliance chat, from a public-low level-almost dead alliance.
These players hurried join, did 1-2 battle, got 1-5 glories then busy chatting waiting for the war to end in few minutes.
After they got the gems, one of them immediately started new war.
Then they left, hopped to another almost ending war again.

Shameless players !!!!

Please do something to prevent this to happen again.
Most important and fastest u can do for now is : set ALL Alliances into PRIVATE so they cant join as they wish to take advantage of others.

Thank you

tqrose
05-31-14, 07:42 AM
Why don't you just report these players as you see them discussing it. Why ruin the public alliance feature for those of us who don't want to cruise global to "recruit" players? Just a thought

kakireina
05-31-14, 08:11 AM
Why don't you just report these players as you see them discussing it. Why ruin the public alliance feature for those of us who don't want to cruise global to "recruit" players? Just a thought

It's just a thought of mine too. I'm sure FM knows how to settle this issue best. I am just showing them the loop hole that those players are taking advantage of.
In that low level alliance i was in, only 19 were real players of the allie ( regardless active or not ).
Then these gem leachers hurried join easily ( coz its Public ) until total member 50.
Means there were 31 gem leachers joined, bcoz of the loop hole.
And this keeps going and going.
So now that FM knows, it's up to them.

SANDSCApe
06-01-14, 03:11 PM
"Five wars an hour." Really, ColdIllusion?
Wars typically end at zero, 20 and 40 minutes past each hour. Once a war ends, it takes about 10 minutes before prizes are distributed. If you leave an alliance during the 10-minute period in which it is "Waiting for Alliance Members to finish battles" you will miss out on the prize.
(It is possible to leave the alliance before you receive the gems and still get them moments later, but only if you leave AFTER the globe goes blue.)
Given these built-in time restrictions, 3 war prizes per hour is the usual maximum. That's still a lot of gems for players who can consistently find these alliances with available space and just enough time left on the clock to squeeze in a battle. (Lets face it. Most gem runners can't pull such a feat off CONSISTENTLY.)
My point is - yes - these players may be making a ****ing, but why stoop to such wild exaggerations?

Also, have you considered there must be some downside to this nomadic lifestyle? What are they giving up? If there is no sacrifice, what lofty code of honor is keeping YOU from doing it? LOL. It IS legal gameplay, after all.

heyjules
06-01-14, 03:31 PM
I agree with sandscape. It may be "shameless" gameplay, but no one is using a ha€k or ***** to do it. Since when is alliance hopping illegal? Remember when people started posting about farming being *****ing? It's a strategy.
Jeez people, live and let live. Stop trying to babysit and micromanage other people's gameplay and just play your own way. It's just a game!
Further, all alliances benefit from this. That war you just fought where there were no real opponents, or maybe one...you're welcome.
Last thing- many people who are doing this are dedicating each win to Cold illusion for giving them this idea. So there's that...maybe this thread should be deleted before more of these ruffians get such an idea. ;)

kissme001
06-01-14, 08:33 PM
I would like to raise two points here:

(1) FM should come out and tell the KC gamers whether this method of gameplay is against the terms of service of the game, just like lowering crowns to farm.

(2) Is ColdIllusion's post against the forum rules ? He is posting the details of the method to earn more gems in a faster way, thus attracting more gem leachers / pirates as he called them.

ColdIllusion
06-02-14, 05:30 PM
1... I am pretty sure that FM's intention was not to have this type of war feature compromised like it is. They recently released it and with all new releases there are things overlooked and over time get fixed, just like with bugs.

2... You obviously know the time frame but I've witnessed 5 alliance hops by one person within the hour. Since you know so well about the payouts sandscape you must obviously be one hence your insightfulness on the pay time frame and capabilities. Also on the nomadic lifestyle there is no loss especially if the leacher is a farmer because crowns don't matter, but if there is a significant loss for being a leacher or in your words "nomadic" please enlighten me.

3... I am not posting the ways to do it I am simply telling fm the steps you leachers are taking to accomplish this, so they know what to look for when thye investigate. It's not that hard to crack y'all's complex code after watching global, kissme.

4.. There are several types of players, ones who play the game the way it's true intentions were created for and others who play to get ahead no matter which way and by what means by a loophole or just hacking. The war feature was hopefully meant for people to earn gems rather then constantly buying them, winning them through the weekly tournaments, bringing some new life into the alliance and a feeling of teamwork.. If people continue to use loopholes certain features could be taken away because the ones wishing to get ahead like the gem runners. I for one do not wish to see wars taken away nor the people who worked hard for 12 hours to win the war having to share spoils the leachers didn't help win... Question is which type of player are you?

joylogan
06-06-14, 09:11 AM
Dear FM and staff,
There has been a sudden fluctuation of gem leachers or pirates which ever you prefer to call them. They troll all the public low lvl alliances who are in wars or the dead alliances and declare the war. There is approximately 30 or more of them doing this, they find an alliance that is winning the war with 15 or less minutes left, once they find one they indicate it in global with numbers that show how many minutes that are left or just random emoticons. The others see it and visit that player and hit the alliance flag and join that alliance to fight once and win the gems. Once they gain the spoils they are in search if more alliance and the cycle starts over again, having them join around 5 wars an hour and gaining gems for each. They also said they will not join private alliances because it jacks up their payouts. My suggestion is to set all alliance to private and get rid of the public alliance since they are doing this with dead alliances as well or have a certain amount of hours they must participate to win the spoils. They are leaching of the other alliances who fight for 12 hours just to join at last minute to leach the gems they did not help earn.. I hope you can fix this because it is taking away from the war feature and also the profit of gem purchases, if they do this 5 times an hour and gaining 25 gems each time.. Just do the math and they have been doing it for weeks.. Thank you kindly FM.. I hope you can fix the issues that are leading to these low life players doing this. I feel it takes away from the aspect of fair play because those bad apples feel they found a loop hole to earning free gems with little work as possible.

why do not you join leachers better?, and you stop ruining the game

SANDSCApe
06-08-14, 07:32 AM
1... I am pretty sure that FM's intention was not to have this type of war feature compromised like it is. They recently released it and with all new releases there are things overlooked and over time get fixed, just like with bugs.

2... You obviously know the time frame but I've witnessed 5 alliance hops by one person within the hour. Since you know so well about the payouts sandscape you must obviously be one hence your insightfulness on the pay time frame and capabilities. Also on the nomadic lifestyle there is no loss especially if the leacher is a farmer because crowns don't matter, but if there is a significant loss for being a leacher or in your words "nomadic" please enlighten me.

3... I am not posting the ways to do it I am simply telling fm the steps you leachers are taking to accomplish this, so they know what to look for when thye investigate. It's not that hard to crack y'all's complex code after watching global, kissme.

4.. There are several types of players, ones who play the game the way it's true intentions were created for and others who play to get ahead no matter which way and by what means by a loophole or just hacking. The war feature was hopefully meant for people to earn gems rather then constantly buying them, winning them through the weekly tournaments, bringing some new life into the alliance and a feeling of teamwork.. If people continue to use loopholes certain features could be taken away because the ones wishing to get ahead like the gem runners. I for one do not wish to see wars taken away nor the people who worked hard for 12 hours to win the war having to share spoils the leachers didn't help win... Question is which type of player are you?

Enlighten you? You're hilarious! What investigation are you fantasizing about? It's funny how you presume to know the game developers' intentions and seem to think you are informing them of this "sudden fluctuation" as if they had no idea about it before your revelation.
They have always known about this type of tactic. The developers regularly tweak their coding to discourage or encourage one or another style of gameplay, according to what they see happening. But players are human, and some of them are fairly smart, so they will always find ways to work around any adjustments the game throws their way. Such player response is a game within the game - a spontaneous phenomenon in every MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role playing game) that has seen any degree of success.
As I'm fond of saying, they make the MMORPG; we morph the MMORPG!
Keep in mind that many gamers have conditioned themselves to "beat" whatever game they play. For games that have no finite ending, finding ways to work around the system becomes a sport onto itself.
The players you refer to are not glitching a flaw in the system (which would violate the rules). Instead, they are taking advantage of a workaround WITHIN THE GAME's RULES. FM has responded in various ways, and the players have countered each time with their own adjustments. The disabling of alliance search is one such response by FM, and is why you are seeing all this number/emoji messages in Global Chat.
Why don't you try a little game of your own? Throw out some false signals and see whether you can mislead these players for whom you hold so much contempt. You may actually enjoy yourself for a change!

What kind of player are YOU?? Are your crowns that low because you're such a bad player? Or did you deliberately lower them (against the developers' intentions) so that you can "leach" resources from low-level players who would normally not appear in your battle matches? Those poor struggling people! They worked so hard for those resources! Not just for 12 hours but for days, only to have you swoop down and plunder their bases. Do you have trouble sleeping at night after you raid them with your overpowering troops?

tqrose
06-08-14, 08:39 AM
Well said SandScape!!

Takiofallen
06-08-14, 09:32 AM
It's a easy fix, just only allow people who are in the clan at the start of the war to be able to get the prize. so if you join in an on going war you get nothing

SANDSCApe
06-08-14, 11:30 AM
It's a easy fix, just only allow people who are in the clan at the start of the war to be able to get the prize. so if you join in an on going war you get nothing

Now there's a game-changing idea!

But be careful what you wish for. With that solution, no alliance will be able to bring in players to help them once a war has be***; or at least they would have nothing to offer such helpers. To your credit, Takio, it would squash many other slippery tactics including:
1. Alliances that downsize, declare, then upsize again after being matched with opponents;
2. Alliances that swap out members, effectively fighting with more than 50 players since any glory gained is left on the alliance total when a player leaves;
3. Alliances that temporarily sit out their high-RH players in order to minimize the amount of glory for which the alliance can be assaulted;
4. Players who hop over from the losing side of a war to the winning side.

But, oh, I can hear the uproar from all those "honest" players when these options are removed! Timing of the war declaration will become that much more critical, especially since FM remains stubborn on allowing absolutely ANYBODY to declare war without consulting elders or leaders. Fun times for all!

Same goes for the idea raised earlier to make all alliances public. Do we really want FM to take the private/public option out of our hands?

Every solution imposed by FM so far has caused players and alliances one form or another of frustration:
-- Glory penalty for entering or leaving private alliance during war;
-- Prize reduction for joining private alliance after war starts (reduced according to lateness of entry);
-- No alliance badges in Global;
-- No alliance search.
Nobody is enjoying the side effects of those well-intentioned restrictions.

flincheB
06-20-14, 07:11 AM
It looks like you're threatening the developers to make a move,even if this is not a ***** to you,it is,for the alliances that's been continuously intruded,but i guess you'll make an essay for this message too.Maybe that's because you don't get tired collecting stars to win a battle,the players on my alliance complain a lot because we have to win the war just because that's what we are,but if someone we don't know always comes in and declare everyday do you think you won't get tired?they say they don't steal but they only choose a winning war,my members are active and have highlevel rhs which makes it hard to earn stars,i'm sure you're aware of that.but whatever,it's just a game as you said,a game which players spend money and time with.goodluck with you.

SANDSCApe
06-24-14, 12:57 PM
As far as I've observed, they do NOT only choose winning wars, and tend to avoid large alliances with many high-level players. Just as you complain that they jump your winning war, others claim that they join the losing side and tip the balance of the war. They jump in where there is opportunity so, again, if they make repeated unwanted appearances in your alliance, you can easily shut them out by switching to private.
I'm not challenging the developers to do anything. Nothing needs to be done. Leaders already have the public/private option.
Enjoy your game!

zane2525
07-20-14, 04:14 PM
This gem hopping feature is ****ing this game. The word has gotten around about this now and as soon as someone from my alliance finds out about it, they leave to go start doing it themselves. I've had 10 members leave just lately from my alliance which is an alliance that has been together a long time and has very loyal members. Now there is hardly anyone left to donate troops, chat is dead, and more members keep leaving. It's ruining the while concept of alliances. All the good active players would rather be hopping around collecting free gems than staying in one place. It's getting it the point that I am about to quit all together. I dint understand how you do r care that these ppl are doing this. I can imagine how much money fire mocha is losing off of this as there is no longer any need to purchase gems when you can go collect them for free. I'm giving thus another week and if it's still going on I'm done with this game.

lizlosh1976
07-22-14, 05:59 AM
"Hoppers" hop because it's fun. It's a real rush when the seconds count. From what I've seen, this doesn't negatively affect regular gameplay, it's a separate strategy and rarely affects legitimate war battles.
The fact is, those that are hopping for gems are bored with regular game play. Global chat and normal alliance morphing has created a much broader game community and these players know eachother outside of regular alliance, traditional game play. So while they may have "abandoned" their alliance, they are still enjoying the community aspect of the game.
If your alliance has been abandoned, I'm sorry to say, that's tough - it's the expected response to a game that has otherwise stalled out.
If I have max weapons, max level and rarely get attacked - where's my challenge!??
Why should I sit and battle for 1 or 8 stars in a 12 hour war if I can hop from war end to war end and earn 26-27 gems every 10-15 minutes just for showing up and battling once? Meanwhile, I'm farming!! I don't even have to win to carry my personal alliance to victory!

My advice to the whiners who hate the hoppers is this: you play your way, I'll play mine. Build up your own base and quit your *****ing.

1dkY
10-29-14, 02:25 AM
1 year later... ������
Wow I'm still on level 71.
The End.

SANDSCApe
11-02-14, 06:19 AM
1 year later... ������
Wow I'm still on level 71.
The End.

So am I, but then I haven't played in months. LOL
When I quit, all my buildings and troops were maxed and the only use left for gems was to speed up troop replacements. But it seemed pointless to keep raiding just to get the walls to blue.

I'm sure there have been updates since then. I probably have some building and troops that can now be upgraded. And I can only imagine the mega loads of resources attackers may be hauling away from my abandoned town with overflowing mines and markets.

Or do resource buildings stop earning when a player has been offline for more than a few days? I know some Storm8 games did that, and I've been gone since mid-summer.

hounds66
01-25-15, 08:39 PM
How is dropping crowns to farm against the rules or terms of service? All other storm8 multiplayer games farming is accepted and understood, they even have farmers that farm farmers, it is one aspect of war gaming,