PDA

View Full Version : Need More Habitats- CURRENT LIMIT 140 (PART II) **UPDATED**

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

kooky panda
05-26-14, 11:18 AM
Well looks like the previous thread has now reached 100 pages. Starting up a new thread for constructive feedback on needing more habitats!

Part I (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?38123-More-Habitats-Update!!-NOW-84!&p=344101&viewfull=1#post344101) - Where you can read prior posts!

Elsa;935255']Hi everyone! We're aware of your request for an increase in the Habitat cap.

To explain why we don't raise it often, you can currently have 94 Habitats and each of those can hold 3, possibly 4 Dragons. Each of those Dragons have images for each stage and animations. If you're on an older or low-end device or have a full board already, adding more images and animations has to be considered carefully to ensure your game performance is going to continue being awesome. We test this extensively, so it takes a bit longer than just pushing a button and lifting the cap. I hope this helps!

Turpsichore
05-26-14, 12:04 PM
As this is the only post on the previous thread that gives Team Lava's posititon on the issue, I thought it worthwhile to bring it over to the new thread. It does show that the developers are aware of the problem and I'm sure we all hope they find the solution soon.

I hear you, dragon enthusiasts.?

We're looking into multiple options to relieve some of that pressure.?

Please note, we'll never allow a scenario where you cannot have 1 of each dragon on your island. That's not the case now, it won't be the case later. Tell me if I'm wrong.

We're looking into a few special habitats for those of you looking for more. It takes some time to get the art in, so stay tuned. They're coming.

fattom19
05-26-14, 03:22 PM
But he is wrong, that is the case now, unless he means you have to spend real cash on every upgradable habitat so it can hold four, and that's wrong, I spend WAY too much money on this game as it is, I shouldn't have to pay to be able to house every dragon, I hope they don't forget about the discontinued and limited time dragons that longtime players like myself also have to house.

JustKay
05-26-14, 04:19 PM
But he is wrong, that is the case now, unless he means you have to spend real cash on every upgradable habitat so it can hold four, and that's wrong, I spend WAY too much money on this game as it is, I shouldn't have to pay to be able to house every dragon, I hope they don't forget about the discontinued and limited time dragons that longtime players like myself also have to house.

I agree. The later upgrades to the stable are really expensive, and the value proposition is terrible since it basically hides your dragons. You might as well do what I do and stop hatching eggs & leave them in your storage. It isn't even a feature that I would consider a core part of their money generating model. It simply facilitates the dragon purchasing/speed breeding which is where they make the real money. To leave it unattainable actually undermines their business. I think some people might even want more than one dragon of each type. I have an extra baby Boo since it's soo cute. Same with the Familiar and the Tusker and the Dream. I would hate to have to sell these to make room. Again, this is more people buying more dragons. To say you can only have one of each type is to remove the reason for people to buy more than one of each dragon or try to speed breed for more. Looking at Castle Story, Restaurant Story and even Fashion Story... all these games have the ability to stash bought items so that you can customise your land\shop every which way you want depending on how you feel that day. People would have at least two gem bought items, maybe more just for symmetry! It used to be like this in DS. You'd visit islands and people would have decorations out in words or shapes or messages. Some of the best neighbours I've visited have lots of open space and a very focused theme to their land\shop. Now every island in DS is the same mess of dragon animations crammed into a tight space. On that note, why can't you store habitats? You're losing a lot of personalisation & creativity by keeping these limiting factors. If my island looks like just about every other island out there, what reason do I have to feel it's special and worth maintaining?

If you absolutely must keep prices at that level, then at least run a few sale events on stable upgrades.

I don't have that many dragons where space is a problem, but for me right now it's more about performance. If i can hide a few more boring dragons, then I will help fix this slowness on the iphone4 that is sort of ****ing the experience for me. I don't need the money (125million in the bank) I just don't want to have to wait seconds at button clicks & have to resync for a minute with the server every time I open DS. None of my dragons fly anymore since the system is saving on animation. I already gave up on a Castle Story and a bunch of other TL games to minimise the number of apps I have in memory at the same time which seems to improve it a bit.

Turpsichore
05-26-14, 08:23 PM

JakeStorm8 posted that at the end of Nov '12 when the art bods were working on the gold habitat upgrades. He is saying there should be enough 3-dragon habitats to display 1 of each dragon with the (then soon to be added) option of gold-purchasable-upgrades for players who want to keep and display duplicates.

Unless the available land is drastically increased, the only simple solution I can see is to make a small change in code so "normal" habitats hold 4 dragons and gold upgrades hold 5.

I would also suggest the dragon devs have a word with their counterparts in FS2 to find out how they solved the problem of crashes caused by large animation files.

Sumercarefree
05-26-14, 08:23 PM
Habitat is a big problem for me too. Too many Dragons and I do not recognize them either.

So I started selling the Diamond Habitats for a start.

I think we just need to throw away some of the common Dragons like Coral etc too.

I'm also trading the Super rare and Limited doubles like everyone else too.

JustKay
05-26-14, 09:04 PM
JakeStorm8 posted that at the end of Nov '12 when the art bods were working on the gold habitat upgrades. He is saying there should be enough 3-dragon habitats to display 1 of each dragon with the (then soon to be added) option of gold-purchasable-upgrades for players who want to keep and display duplicates.

I would like to highlight that if you're right in dating the original quote, the comment would have been made before the recent avalanche of dragons... At the current rate of release, I'm not surprised if the current limits even with gold habitats is limiting. I have seen one neighbour with practically all upgraded habitats and I don't think they had much duplicates.

JustKay
05-26-14, 09:06 PM
I'm also trading the Super rare and Limited doubles like everyone else too.

I've stopped doing this since it's a waste of apples for me. I'm busy trying to evolve to 10 to get bombs these days. I also have a heap of gems already...

chalupa2030
05-26-14, 09:16 PM
I've stopped doing this since it's a waste of apples for me. I'm busy trying to evolve to 10 to get bombs these days. I also have a heap of gems already...

Yeah ~ I don't trade anymore either. I have pretty much everything three times over! I could go in there right now and craft quite a few dragons. That I already have. Again.

JustKay
05-26-14, 09:19 PM
Yeah ~ I don't trade anymore either. I have pretty much everything three times over! I could go in there right now and craft quite a few dragons. That I already have. Again.

Yeah, TL haven't really been active dealing all the material piling up in storage. Would love to see an epic 100 gem dragon up for crafting. It would have to be spectacular to warrant that investment!

Sumercarefree
05-26-14, 11:48 PM

Oh yes I have plenty of gems too. Unfortunately no new dragons can be exchanged for these gems. They have neglected this aspect of the game.
I am short of food too !

cquinn32
05-27-14, 07:35 AM
As bad as I need more habitats I have nowhere to put them. I need more usable space even worse. Help!!!

jim23cash
05-27-14, 10:45 AM
I would really appreciate a more current response from TL staff.
I have been a regular poster here since Halloween 2013, when I first ran out of habitats.
Since then, I have bought a stable & stored Dino & Stone. I re-arranged my Dragons so I could sell off any white, pink or black habitats that were not essential, and bought 4 Dragon habitats to replace all my Red, Blue, Yellow, Green and Purple habitats. I don't keep babies or duplicates (unless they are "holding a spot" in a habitat for a Dragon I'm missing).
The only thing I haven't done yet is to sell all my Diamond habitats.
As I've said before, I am a collector. I currently have 261/274 available in my album(not counting eggs in storage). I would like to obtain them all. As a collector, I like to display my Dragons, preferably in an attractive setting. I am not happy with having to keep Dragons in the stable. I am even less happy having eggs in storage that I cannot hatch.
If you mean that all Dragons can be IN HABITATS at once, I disagree. Awsumum has all available Dragons, has sold her Diamond fields except for one for Diamond, and put Infinity in stables. She may also still have eggs in storage.
I currently have 3 eggs in storage, one is a Champion, that needs another whole habitat. The others are from Circus, and if I could get that habitat out of storage, it would hold them, but I wouldn't be able to hold any more Dragons.
You've just released a new Horoscope that will also take a new habitat, like the Champion.
As a player for more than a year, and a frequent gold customer, I don't feel I'm being treated very well. I'm expected to cram all my Dragons into one of the available 4 Dragon habitats, and have no opportunity to purchase any of the beautiful new habitats. I've already sold off 3 Dragon habitats to purchase bigger ones, and I still don't have enough.
You have put these habitats on sale multiple times, but since they can't be stored, I couldn't purchase one if I wanted to.
Now you have also made it impossible for me to buy eggs thru the album if my nests are full...So if something I want goes on sale and my nests are full, I can't get it for sale price. I bought all three of my treasure Dragons like that, when I had seven (7) eggs in storage, and I bought new nests as mine filled up, until I had all four nests with "Keepers" waiting for a habitat, and you put Treasure Dragons on sale. The only way I was able to buy them was thru the album. Why would you take this away from us?? I buy a lot of gold, and buying a Treasure Dragon on sale makes me happy, but it hardly impacts how much gold I buy... You're going to make the money from me anyway, when I speed breed.
And why no more types of 4 Dragon habitats? I'm willing to spend gold for them... I just would like some variety and choice! All the new habitats that are coming out should be upgradable! Just build them that way from the start! Then we all have the opportunity to have them on our island. This alone would take off some of the pressure.
Make a larger Diamond habitat - several great ideas have been suggested for that in this thread. I don't want to toss my Diamonds into a habitat with a mass of other Dragons, i like to display them together in one area, like the beautiful jewels they are.
Seriously, with all of us coming back over and over to plead for more habitats, as the Dragons keep pouring out, Shouldn't ALL habitats be upgradable? Please, help us find a long term solution to this issue. I'm tired of begging for more habitats constantly. And I'm tired of feeling like I have to make do with a choice of 5 habitats. I love this game, I love the events, i love the beautiful new habitats, I love the beautiful Dragons (especially some of the new ones!) and I love the community I have on the forums for DS. Please make it fun for me to keep playing! Thank you! :)

EDIT: I actually have 4 Dragon Eggs in storage, the last two Tourney Prizes plus two of the Circus Dragons. I also just got Porcelain and Summer. So now I have 2 of my 4 nests tied up until we get a habitat increase. I also purchased the Diamond Temple recently, so I could try for the two Black Diamond Hybrids. If I get either or both of them, that's more nests tied up and less speed breeding with gold.

U1timate
05-27-14, 10:50 AM
What we really need is an expansion my island is crammed n don't want to sell my upgrades habbitats

jim23cash
05-27-14, 10:58 AM
What we really need is an expansion my island is crammed n don't want to sell my upgrades habbitats

Nope, I've got space for more, and other decor I can move if I need. What I don't have is anywhere to put the eggs waiting in storage with the circus habitat.
Besides, this is the "Need more HABITATS" Thread.

freshfunin2008
05-27-14, 11:24 AM
Well if I know TL, enough people.... who knows how many have to beg for more and you have to do it in a manner that is degrading enough before they will act. This is the most ridiculous process I have ever seen to get more habitats. This should be a no brainer for them. You put out 3 new dragons, then you must add a habitat to the max. Simple as that. Come on TL. Kooky can you put a word or two in for us??? Thanks

MakJulos
05-27-14, 11:36 AM
TL must be totally aware of the situation by now, well, for a good while now ofc, and there must be a reason for them to ignore everyone begging for more habitats - maybe it's economical somehow, or technically difficult, i have no idea, but they sure know about the issue, so if nothing else it wouldn't be too much asking for an explanation.

Myself i have no problems with this - yet - but all those who are great fans of DS and in many cases pay money to support it does deserve more imo...

kkdble49
05-27-14, 12:46 PM
There have been several great suggestions on this thread; hopefully TL will be implementing them soon. Upgrades to 4 dragon habitats for diamond, pink, white and black would be a relatively easy fix for the immediate pain of hard core collectors.

ssquared8690
05-28-14, 03:21 AM
Please increase our habitats!! I'm not able to contribute to the world event as much as I'd like bc I'm out of habitats, so no where to out any new dragons :( In the past two world events, I did a lot of speed breeding with helps tickets add up fast but with nowhere to go for my dragons it's it kinda pointless to do that now. I already have 3 dragons in storage, about to be 4 once I earn cirque. I also have 2 on nests waiting for a home. I not happy at all about not being about to display my new dragons or the new 3 ring circus habitat since I really like the design of the new habitat and new dragons. Please give us a solution so we can keep playing, I really love this game, but not having enough habitats for my dragons is making me very frustrated!! �� I should also add that I don't keep any duplicate dragons, I have 241 currently, not counting the ones in storage or stuck in a nest. I want to keep getting more, please give me a place to put them!!

ciarjen
05-28-14, 09:10 AM
TL must be totally aware of the situation by now, well, for a good while now ofc, and there must be a reason for them to ignore everyone begging for more habitats - maybe it's economical somehow, or technically difficult, i have no idea, but they sure know about the issue, so if nothing else it wouldn't be too much asking for an explanation.

Myself i have no problems with this - yet - but all those who are great fans of DS and in many cases pay money to support it does deserve more imo...

Of course they are aware of the situation. I would suggest it is this way by design.

It can't be a technical reason because they are obviously still on their program of releasing an extraordinary amount of dragons week after week.

I would suggest that the only reason they do this is that it suit their business to do it; it's a financial benefit to them. They don't want players obtaining all dragons that are available as that would be the end of the game, rather it is better for them to keep players always hungry for more, with what they want just out of their reach.

ssquared8690
05-28-14, 01:40 PM
Of course they are aware of the situation. I would suggest it is this way by design.

It can't be a technical reason because they are obviously still on their program of releasing an extraordinary amount of dragons week after week.

I would suggest that the only reason they do this is that it suit their business to do it; it's a financial benefit to them. They don't want players obtaining all dragons that are available as that would be the end of the game, rather it is better for them to keep players always hungry for more, with what they want just out of their reach.

I don't understand how they could possibly think this is helping them financially. I have always bought gold and used a lot of it to speed breed, but with being maxed out on habitats I don't really have anything to spend my gold on since I have eggs waiting on my nests for home. So recently I am not buying gold and teamlava isn't making any money off me, but if the habitats were increased I could go back to my regular speed breeding and would feel the need to purchase gold again

awsumum
05-28-14, 02:34 PM
I don't understand how they could possibly think this is helping them financially. I have always bought gold and used a lot of it to speed breed, but with being maxed out on habitats I don't really have anything to spend my gold on since I have eggs waiting on my nests for home. So recently I am not buying gold and teamlava isn't making any money off me, but if the habitats were increased I could go back to my regular speed breeding and would feel the need to purchase gold again

In same boat as you, maxed out on habitats, with (almost) every dragon (missing black diamond only) I have upgraded all available habitats to house 4 dragons and I still have dragons stuck in stables (infinity, genie)

We have been asking TL to upgrade pink/black/white to hold 4 dragons for a while now, if purple/blue/green/red/yellow can be upgraded what's the holdup with the other colours?

Then there's the "small" matter of the diamond habitats, I'm sure there is every possibility to allow them to hold more than 1 dragon, why is there a holdup with that too?

I think the thing that frustrates me the most is that I'm sure the "powers that be" are reading this but giving us no feedback, no indication they are aware of our plight and no extra habitats. Surely at least 1 mod is experiencing this too, they would collect all the dragons and expect to house them! Are we the only ones to have all dragons and therefore be unable to house them all?

Please TL, at least let us know you understand and are working on something to help with housing dragons, thankyou :)

freshfunin2008
05-28-14, 02:51 PM
In same boat as you, maxed out on habitats, with (almost) every dragon (missing black diamond only) I have upgraded all available habitats to house 4 dragons and I still have dragons stuck in stables (infinity, genie)

We have been asking TL to upgrade pink/black/white to hold 4 dragons for a while now, if purple/blue/green/red/yellow can be upgraded what's the holdup with the other colours?

Then there's the "small" matter of the diamond habitats, I'm sure there is every possibility to allow them to hold more than 1 dragon, why is there a holdup with that too?

I think the thing that frustrates me the most is that I'm sure the "powers that be" are reading this but giving us no feedback, no indication they are aware of our plight and no extra habitats. Surely at least 1 mod is experiencing this too, they would collect all the dragons and expect to house them! Are we the only ones to have all dragons and therefore be unable to house them all?

Please TL, at least let us know you understand and are working on something to help with housing dragons, thankyou :)

I agree. Kooky can you knock some sense into the developers. thanks

bluefoxcrystal
05-28-14, 08:36 PM
All I want is for everybody to be able to enjoy the game... I agree... It's really hard when you're a collector to "catch 'em all" haha!! Especially when you have nowhere to keep em... No dragon should be homeless...

awsumum
05-28-14, 11:07 PM
All I want is for everybody to be able to enjoy the game... I agree... It's really hard when you're a collector to "catch 'em all" haha!! Especially when you have nowhere to keep em... No dragon should be homeless...

I just got black diamond (yay) but my excitement was short-lived when I discovered I can't actually house it :(

TL please, don't make us beg for more habitats, I need about 5 but more would be great :)

bluefoxcrystal
05-28-14, 11:33 PM
I just got black diamond (yay) but my excitement was short-lived when I discovered I can't actually house it :(

TL please, don't make us beg for more habitats, I need about 5 but more would be great :)

Awww!! D: Rache!! I'm happy for you! Lemme give you a hug! <__(^.^)__>. I'm sure you can figure something out... This has become a cronic and epic problem for alot of players! Team Lava... There's a total of 102 + 10/20 mined... There should be enough room to place 100 3 dragon habitats...

MakJulos
05-28-14, 11:52 PM

Yes, i agree, this is with very little doubt reason for it - and financial benefit is why we won't get extra breeding dens, why we won't be able to discard unwanted eggs from nest, and so on....it'd all speed up game and make it easier, we'd near max level more quickly and while doing this we'd not buy as much gold. Well, it is quite natural - it is a business first hand, and a game that pleases its players second hand, so yes that is most likely why they are stalling increasing habitats.

bluefoxcrystal
05-28-14, 11:59 PM
Yes, i agree, this is with very little doubt reason for it - and financial benefit is why we won't get extra breeding dens, why we won't be able to discard unwanted eggs from nest, and so on....it'd all speed up game and make it easier, we'd near max level more quickly and while doing this we'd not buy as much gold. Well, it is quite natural - it is a business first hand, and a game that pleases its players second hand, so yes that is most likely why they are stalling increasing habitats.

I think there's another reason why they don't upgrade max habitats.. Imagine the load it would put on older bad phones..

MakJulos
05-29-14, 12:03 AM

You do have a point, if a player is hindered from using dragons, why bother getting more of them really...still, i bet bottom line is somehow financial still - perhaps they expect accounts to perish after a certain result is achieved, maybe they account for losing players after they've reached max level and doesn't bother catering for them then, instead put their time in making newer/lower level players spend more gold.... No, again, i have no clue at all, but i do think financial reasons are most important decider in games like this, and that there is a great scheme behind everything that happens - this scheme might seem silly or illogical to us players, but it sure isn't for the game developers i'm sure!

MakJulos
05-29-14, 12:07 AM
I think there's another reason why they don't upgrade max habitats.. Imagine the load it would put on older bad phones..

Mmm....good point....if they make the game to advanced and tough on devices its played on they'd lose out on money too because ppl wouldn't want to play a game that isn't functioning properly....

Turpsichore
05-29-14, 02:11 AM

Mmm....good point....if they make the game to advanced and tough on devices its played on they'd lose out on money too because ppl wouldn't want to play a game that isn't functioning properly....

I don't see how that could be the case; the game has been all but unplayable on android for over a year and now Apple devices that can't upgrade past iOS5 are having the same problems.

The problem isn't caused by the number of habitats but by the resource-sapping animations. So far, this month, there have been 13 new dragons (5 for Android) and the re-release of summer. If TL were concerned about losing gold sales due to the game constantly crashing on older or Android devices, surely they'd slow down releasing new dragons.

While releasing gold habitats for the other colours is long overdue, it isn't the answer. At 500 gold each, even using the sales, not everyone can justify, or even afford $15 to house each extra dragon.

Increasing the capacity of all habitats by 1 would be simple to do, would not, by itself, increase the load on resourse-poor devices and those who want to buy the gold habitats (because they're more attractive or to keep duplicates) still will.

bluefoxcrystal
05-29-14, 08:05 AM
I don't see how that could be the case; the game has been all but unplayable on android for over a year and now Apple devices that can't upgrade past iOS5 are having the same problems.

The problem isn't caused by the number of habitats but by the resource-sapping animations. So far, this month, there have been 13 new dragons (5 for Android) and the re-release of summer. If TL were concerned about losing gold sales due to the game constantly crashing on older or Android devices, surely they'd slow down releasing new dragons.

While releasing gold habitats for the other colours is long overdue, it isn't the answer. At 500 gold each, even using the sales, not everyone can justify, or even afford $15 to house each extra dragon.

Increasing the capacity of all habitats by 1 would be simple to do, would not, by itself, increase the load on resourse-poor devices and those who want to buy the gold habitats (because they're more attractive or to keep duplicates) still will.

That's kinda what I was trying to say.... The collectors want housing... And having 300+ dragons are gonna tax an old phone (my iphone 4s gets intollerable laggy as it is... And I don't see my neighbors dragons half the time anyway). I understand that more habs will let players show off their cuties/coolies but... Um totally forgot where I was gonna go with this CX I just woke up...

Like someone else here said... TL caters mainly to the newbies, and once they have your money and you're max lvl... Well they don't care anymore...

dangerb0y
05-29-14, 08:42 AM
ideas and suggestions thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?47591-Dragon-Story-Ideas-and-Suggestions!)

To me, the thread I just linked tells me where there at with suggestions. It's very telling because they haven't updated since January.

I feel bad for the collectors, but it seems that TL's solution for collectors is to sink 100's of dollars into the stable.
They should update that thread, or at least address this issue.

jim23cash
05-30-14, 11:16 AM
Please TL, you released 2 more Dragons today, plus the Glass Dragon for crafting, and many of us still can't place our Circus habitat!! We need a habitat increase. It really takes away from the fun when you can't display your current prizes from Tourneys or world events!!
Please, Please give us an increase!! I want to keep playing, but there's not much I can do.

sapphirecross
05-30-14, 05:22 PM
Maybe there is some kinda TL math I don't understand.

300 dragons divided by 3 is 100 - so we need 100 dragon habitats.

We have 84. Of those, 27 are necessary 3 dragon only - zodiac, rainbow, pink, etc, and 1 is Egypt, which already holds 4, plus 2 are single dragon diamond fields and 2 or 3 are treasure, (not sure - 2 old and one new?) So, that's about 245 dragons?

So just to house all the current dragons up to #300 black diamond, with zero extra, you need to buy 55 of the 4 dragon gold habitats ($70 for 2900 gold x4=$280, not counting the money spent actually getting them all, buying and speed breeding, and that's saving up to buy all 50 on sale for 200 gold lol - otherwise well over $600).

But 84 - 33 (necessary specialty habitats) only leaves 51.

TL math is very weird. If you buy EVERY 4 dragon habitat you can, and put the rest in the stable (something like 6500 gold to expand stable?) you have 1 space left over!!! I dunno what you're all complaining about - it's still possible lol.

Also, I dislike the 4 dragon habitats - it puts all the dragons on top of each other so they are hard to see. I bought some, but I would prefer some other answer than making all habitats hold 4-5 dragons - what's the point if they are all overlapping in the habitat?

chalupa2030
05-30-14, 05:45 PM
Also, I dislike the 4 dragon habitats - it puts all the dragons on top of each other so they are hard to see. I bought some, but I would prefer some other answer than making all habitats hold 4-5 dragons - what's the point if they are all overlapping in the habitat?

Agree 100%! Even three tiny habitats housing one KindredSpirit ~ placed all together looks very cool! I hate when they all overlap! Way too cluttered.

farmday0123
05-31-14, 06:41 AM
So how many habitat when u at level 150 highest ? I am now 64 habitats, I wonder how many TL allow us to have now

chalupa2030
05-31-14, 07:10 AM
So how many habitat when u at level 150 highest ? I am now 64 habitats, I wonder how many TL allow us to have now

84:). Name of the thread?

jim23cash
05-31-14, 09:12 AM
Well, I won the mini-tourney, and got the Wisp, which I was really excited about, until it went into storage with the other 2 tourney Champs and 2 Circus Dragons... So now I have 5 Eggs in storage. I bred Porcelain and Dapper, so I have 2 eggs on nests without homes. My Circus habitat remains locked in storage...
While other players get to display their progress in the event, my circus area is decorations around an empty spot waiting for a habitat increase, so I can place the 3 ring habitat.
My lovely new Dragons sit clogging my nests, keeping me from being able to contribute more tickets to the world event.
Please do something to show us you are listening TL!!
I want to keep playing...you keep releasing Dragons, so there is always something to try for... So shouldn't there also always be somewhere to house them? Help us find a long term solution. Have some dialogue with us - we have some great ideas! Thank you!
Btw, I like the designs of the 4 Dragon habitats, they are very pretty, but the Dragons do all clump together in a weird way, making it hard to see them. *I'll keep buying them as I can, but if it's possible to give them a little programming tweak for "elbow" room, that would be awesome.

I don't know if you want my stats everytime. I should add it to my signature!
I currently have: (2-3 Dragons in) Stable, 5 Eggs in storage, 2 homeless Dragon Eggs on nests, 262/275 Dragons (not counting eggs on nests or in storage) and 40 of the Four (4)Dragon Habitats (8 yellow, 8 purple, 8 Blue, 7 Green, 8 red and 1 Egyptian). That means nearly half of my habitats are the 4 Dragon type. I have no baby nursery, no duplicates, I just want to be able to display my collection. Please raise the habitat limit!

MakJulos
05-31-14, 09:24 AM
I don't think TL wants a dialogue with players really, if they get too close and comfy it'll be trickier ignoring complaints and suggestions that aren't profitable. But yes, this crazy flooding with new dragons, and at same time not making it possible for maxed out players to even show the dragons off....it's just too silly, so you'd expect some kind of explanation or change.

chalupa2030
05-31-14, 02:23 PM
I don't think TL wants a dialogue with players really, if they get too close and comfy it'll be trickier ignoring complaints and suggestions that aren't profitable. But yes, this crazy flooding with new dragons, and at same time not making it possible for maxed out players to even show the dragons off....it's just too silly, so you'd expect some kind of explanation or change.

It is pretty sad. We all will be there sooner or later! I can't imagine....

Surely, TL is working towards a solution:)

astampf9
05-31-14, 10:56 PM
Alright this habitat limit is really getting on my nerves now.. I have 3 dragons I can't hatch now because of this, two stuck in nests and one stuck in storage. So effecitvely I can no longer play the game. I don't understand why it's taking so long for them to increase the limit, this always ends up being an issue, the last time it was they acted quickly which gave me some hope they were actually listening to the gamers and actually reading the message board, but I don't know what the heck is going on now.. I'm at a standstill, I can't breed, can't hatch, all I can do now is evolve. Very frustrating, can someone from the forum who works from teamlava at least let us know there working on it, anything?

doto92ok
06-01-14, 12:51 AM
If you hit a lucky strike with breeding, even without speedbreeding, combined with all the event dragons.. At one point or another you'll hit the max. So I really don't believe its because of the peedbreeding. For one, every dragon is also available for gold, so that could easily put you over the limit to. I hope there will be a fix for the problem (prefferably before every high level player is at the max)

sapphirecross
06-01-14, 12:57 AM
I would like to add my personal situation as well, since I'm not sure it's clear that this issue is not only impacting collectors and speed breeders.

I'm at level 123, have 84/84 habitats, with very few decorations. I have about 228 dragons, way less than 300! I have 8 or 9 of the 4 dragon habitats that cost gold to buy. I rarely speed breed and long ago gave up getting them all.

My personal play style/preference is to organize my island around the tournaments. I have 6 habitats that I buy/sell as needed in the basic colors to hold fails to use in battles. I have some duplicate dragons just to have backup in arena while another dragon heals. If the game didn't have battle arena any more I wouldn't play.

I make trade offs - I give up getting them all, so I can keep babies and duplicates. If I have 10 dragons and 5 of them are duplicates, the math is no different than a collector having 10 unique dragons. I don't expect extra space to hold duplicates, I accept that I can't have all dragons plus dupes.

The habitat issue is becoming severe. Because I am not collecting them all, my dragons cannot be housed as efficiently as if I was collecting them, so I spend months with a 3-dragon habitat with just 1 or 2 dragons in it. For instance, my stone habitat has only one stone dragon which took months to breed. It will stay half empty at this rate for another year - yet it counts as 1 habitat. I don't have any mythic habitats at all, only 2 each champion and zodiac habitats. Most of my habitats have empty space for 1-2 dragons per color. All green are full, all yellow habitats combined have one empty spot, etc.

This is how it is for me having less than 230 dragons!! And I actually have some of the 4 dragon habitats. There are 300 dragons, where are they all supposed to go?

I am not able to group all habitats together by color, though I try to do so to make finding opponents for arena easier. But there are just too many of each color to fit on the islands without breaking up some of the colors. It is increasingly hard for me to know what I have and where to find it, so everything is taking more time. Breeding, feeding, finding a second option when a dragon loses a battle - everything constantly feels disordered and chaotic. Increasing habitats won't solve the issue because part of the problem is the existing islands are not big enough to group all colored habitats together and there is just not enough room to do anything except pack habitats together in every possible square.

Drachenia
06-01-14, 07:37 AM
I would like to add my personal situation as well, since I'm not sure it's clear that this issue is not only impacting collectors and speed breeders.

I'm at level 123, have 84/84 habitats, with very few decorations. I have about 228 dragons, way less than 300! I have 8 or 9 of the 4 dragon habitats that cost gold to buy. I rarely speed breed and long ago gave up getting them all.

My personal play style/preference is to organize my island around the tournaments. I have 6 habitats that I buy/sell as needed in the basic colors to hold fails to use in battles. I have some duplicate dragons just to have backup in arena while another dragon heals. If the game didn't have battle arena any more I wouldn't play.

I make trade offs - I give up getting them all, so I can keep babies and duplicates. If I have 10 dragons and 5 of them are duplicates, the math is no different than a collector having 10 unique dragons. I don't expect extra space to hold duplicates, I accept that I can't have all dragons plus dupes.

The habitat issue is becoming severe. Because I am not collecting them all, my dragons cannot be housed as efficiently as if I was collecting them, so I spend months with a 3-dragon habitat with just 1 or 2 dragons in it. For instance, my stone habitat has only one stone dragon which took months to breed. It will stay half empty at this rate for another year - yet it counts as 1 habitat. I don't have any mythic habitats at all, only 2 each champion and zodiac habitats. Most of my habitats have empty space for 1-2 dragons per color. All green are full, all yellow habitats combined have one empty spot, etc.

This is how it is for me having less than 230 dragons!! And I actually have some of the 4 dragon habitats. There are 300 dragons, where are they all supposed to go?

I am not able to group all habitats together by color, though I try to do so to make finding opponents for arena easier. But there are just too many of each color to fit on the islands without breaking up some of the colors. It is increasingly hard for me to know what I have and where to find it, so everything is taking more time. Breeding, feeding, finding a second option when a dragon loses a battle - everything constantly feels disordered and chaotic. Increasing habitats won't solve the issue because part of the problem is the existing islands are not big enough to group all colored habitats together and there is just not enough room to do anything except pack habitats together in every possible square.

I'm in the same situation and they have the very well written. Yes I'm LV 150, habitats 84/84, Dragon 261

jesskiee
06-01-14, 08:19 AM
So many neighbours have quit playing because of issues like this.. What part of happy customer = more $$$ for TL don't they understand!! I'd be way more inclined to buy more gold if I was happy.
I don't try for every dragon anymore so over it! & I'm defiantly NOT keeping my diamond breeds in coloured habitats. How am I allowed to breed 10 diamonds if there is only really room for 1 ?
I will never sell a diamond!!!!! So for that reason I no longer care for all these new release dragons cos I simply have NO room for them.

ginamarie510
06-01-14, 08:39 AM
Same here, I'm maxed out of habitats so I'm have to trade or sell. It would be great to be able to get more.

snuggy95
06-01-14, 09:11 AM
I only have 2 more habitats left... Really need to add more...and more room.

kooky panda
06-01-14, 11:33 AM
Please make sure your comments are constructive and not flaming each other.
The recent post and responses attacking other members have been removed.

astampf9
06-01-14, 07:49 PM
Thank you kooky however my question is if you can respond to that why haven't you responded to everyone's concerns about the habitat limit?

bluefoxcrystal
06-01-14, 08:02 PM
Please make sure your comments are constructive and not flaming each other.
The recent post and responses attacking other members have been removed.

Thank you kooky :)... I'm sorry I was kinda mean... D: I just hate when trolls troll and blame other specific groups for no reason... Other than to be mean...

I really do think something needs to be done soon tho about the habitat limit... Or else those players won't have an opportunity to have all dragons (pretty soon there'll be no room left in stables at max upgrades as well!

Drachenia
06-01-14, 09:14 PM
Please please TL give us 5 habitats. I just sell dragon and I do not want. Please have mercy and give us another five habitats to

kooky panda
06-02-14, 05:14 AM
Thank you kooky however my question is if you can respond to that why haven't you responded to everyone's concerns about the habitat limit?

I am not TL staff, so I do not have any information or if and when the habitat limit will be increased.
I do know that TL is aware of this thread and when more information is available on the additional of habitats the community managers will let us know.

I too am now ready for more habitats.

jptheripper
06-02-14, 06:52 AM
I filled my last avaliable spot today, and still have two eggs in storage

I technically have a few spots available, in fairy tale and royal, but no new dragons to fill those spots.

astampf9
06-02-14, 07:55 AM
My apologies kooky I was under the impression you were a part of TL's staff. So your a volunteer? Anyways thank you for letting us know at least that there aware of this issue.

freshfunin2008
06-02-14, 08:17 AM
Oh they are aware but we have not begged enough to get an increase. At this rate we will need many more people begging for an increase or just stop playing or buying gold until we get an increase and magically we will have more habitats. This is one of the worst processes in place for this game. There should never be a limit on habitats and TL should not be putting out 5 or so new dragons every week or two if many players have no place to put them. This is so lame TL. Shame on you!!!!

astampf9
06-02-14, 08:25 AM
It doesn't make sense, people are going to spend far more money on gold if they can speed breed, and there not going to do that if they have no place to put the new dragons that there attempting to get. I know that they have habitat upgrades that cost gold and a storage that costs gold, but people are far more likely to spend money on something "fun" like the chance to get a new dragon.

freshfunin2008
06-02-14, 08:44 AM
Yeah Kooky is just are friendly moderator. Jake is one of the Storm 8 employees and you can find him on here once in a while but I don't think he has commented on this situation yet.

cquinn32
06-02-14, 08:46 AM
Just stopped to see if there is any progress here and of course there is none. I have a sale today but TL is giving no reason to buy any gold. It's times like these I wish I had never bought any of my 29 premium habitats. Why do they just leave us in the dark like this. Any sort of response would be appreatiated.

freshfunin2008
06-02-14, 08:57 AM
3/18 was the last time we had an increase from 74 to 84. This is toooooo loonnnnnggggggg to have to wait. Moderators are the developers still on holiday????? Please provide timely info. thank you

kkdble49
06-02-14, 09:20 AM
Hi, I'm kkdble49, and I'm a Dragon Story addict. I have 253 unique dragons (plus all the arctic isles), 3 more unique types sitting on nests, 1 crafting and 1 in storage. I have 29 4-dragon habitats. My only duplicates are diamonds and diamond hybrids (though I'm unhappily starting to sell those off). Maybe it's possible to build this kind of collection playing for free, but I've spent some big bucks to do it. My 4-dragon habitats alone cost a total of 14,500 gold. I'm not complaining - I obviously love the game and am willing to spend a fair amount of my entertainment budget on it. TL, feel free to name your scholarship fund after me. If not for the habitat crunch, I'd be spending a whole lot more upgrading habitats, bonus and speed breeding.

jim23cash
06-02-14, 02:38 PM
I am not TL staff, so I do not have any information or if and when the habitat limit will be increased.
I do know that TL is aware of this thread and when more information is available on the additional of habitats the community managers will let us know.

I too am now ready for more habitats.
Thanks Kooky for letting us know what you can. If you have an opportunity to mention it, it would be great for morale if someone from TL Staff could write a line or two here letting us know that we have been heard.
I personally am feeling pretty demoralized right now. :/ A quick note would really help.
Thank you for dealing with the negative post and thanks for all you do. :) Annie

Drachenia
06-02-14, 04:19 PM
Thanks Kooky for letting us know what you can. If you have an opportunity to mention it, it would be great for morale if someone from TL Staff could write a line or two here letting us know that we have been heard.
I personally am feeling pretty demoralized right now. :/ A quick note would really help.
Thank you for dealing with the negative post and thanks for all you do. :) Annie

Thanks for your great post, I agree with you. Thank you Annie :D

FrozenTurtle
06-02-14, 05:35 PM
Hey guys, we're aware of the need for an increase in the habitat limit. We hope to push out an increase soon! :)

jptheripper
06-02-14, 05:35 PM
add me to the list of people that cant/wont spend gold (I only use it for breeding) because i have no where to put new dragons.

kkdble49
06-02-14, 06:00 PM
Hey guys, we're aware of the need for an increase in the habitat limit. We hope to push out an increase soon! :)

Many thanks for the update!

JustKay
06-02-14, 06:08 PM
It doesn't make sense, people are going to spend far more money on gold if they can speed breed, and there not going to do that if they have no place to put the new dragons that there attempting to get. I know that they have habitat upgrades that cost gold and a storage that costs gold, but people are far more likely to spend money on something "fun" like the chance to get a new dragon.

Alright this habitat limit is really getting on my nerves now.. I have 3 dragons I can't hatch now because of this, two stuck in nests and one stuck in storage. So effecitvely I can no longer play the game. I don't understand why it's taking so long for them to increase the limit, this always ends up being an issue, the last time it was they acted quickly which gave me some hope they were actually listening to the gamers and actually reading the message board, but I don't know what the heck is going on now.. I'm at a standstill, I can't breed, can't hatch, all I can do now is evolve. Very frustrating, can someone from the forum who works from teamlava at least let us know there working on it, anything?

I agree. The later upgrades to the stable are really expensive, and the value proposition is terrible since it basically hides your dragons. You might as well do what I do and stop hatching eggs & leave them in your storage. It isn't even a feature that I would consider a core part of their money generating model. It simply facilitates the dragon purchasing/speed breeding which is where they make the real money. To leave it unattainable actually undermines their business. I think some people might even want more than one dragon of each type. I have an extra baby Boo since it's soo cute. Same with the Familiar and the Tusker and the Dream. I would hate to have to sell these to make room. Again, this is more people buying more dragons. To say you can only have one of each type is to remove the reason for people to buy more than one of each dragon or try to speed breed for more. Looking at Castle Story, Restaurant Story and even Fashion Story... all these games have the ability to stash bought items so that you can customise your land\shop every which way you want depending on how you feel that day. People would have at least two gem bought items, maybe more just for symmetry! It used to be like this in DS. You'd visit islands and people would have decorations out in words or shapes or messages. Some of the best neighbours I've visited have lots of open space and a very focused theme to their land\shop. Now every island in DS is the same mess of dragon animations crammed into a tight space. On that note, why can't you store habitats? You're losing a lot of personalisation & creativity by keeping these limiting factors. If my island looks like just about every other island out there, what reason do I have to feel it's special and worth maintaining?

If you absolutely must keep prices at that level, then at least run a few sale events on stable upgrades.

I don't have that many dragons where space is a problem, but for me right now it's more about performance. If i can hide a few more boring dragons, then I will help fix this slowness on the iphone4 that is sort of ****ing the experience for me. I don't need the money (125million in the bank) I just don't want to have to wait seconds at button clicks & have to resync for a minute with the server every time I open DS. None of my dragons fly anymore since the system is saving on animation. I already gave up on a Castle Story and a bunch of other TL games to minimise the number of apps I have in memory at the same time which seems to improve it a bit.

It's great to hear a number of other players sharing my thoughts. Please make it a lot easier for us to reconfigure our islands for better performance or to fit more dragons in.

jim23cash
06-02-14, 09:08 PM

Thank you so much for the update. It helps to know you've heard us! ;)

astampf9
06-02-14, 09:41 PM
Thank you frozen turtle. I'm glad you guys were reading the forums so you know how badly we need the limit increased.

cquinn32
06-03-14, 06:46 AM

Thank you for an update!! Although I'd feel better if your name were something like Firery Cheetah lol j/k. Slow and steady right Mr. Turtle. Hope to see an increase soon!!

freshfunin2008
06-03-14, 07:43 AM

Thanks frozenturtle that is all we wanted to hear. Now make it happen soon.

jptheripper
06-03-14, 09:45 AM
awesome. TY

kkdble49
06-03-14, 11:08 AM
Habitat limit increased to 94! Awesome, and many thanks TL!

kkdble49
06-03-14, 11:17 AM
Also, very happy to see the 4 dragon champion fields!

astampf9
06-03-14, 11:54 AM
Finally, thank you! In the future please don't wait so long to increase the limit, I'm sure many of us will be in the same boat again after a month or so.

Drachenia
06-03-14, 01:23 PM

Thank you FrozenTurtle very much I am pleased for the message and the quick update. Oh I'm so glad I not sell my Dragon more. Thank you Thank you I'm so happy

awsumum
06-03-14, 01:26 PM
Thank you TL, for increasing the habitat limit :)

AJImmer
06-03-14, 01:35 PM
Thanks TL for the additional habitats. I plan on filling all of my habitats to the max with Epic dragons but that will require tons and tons of food - any chance for additional crop options?

cquinn32
06-03-14, 01:41 PM
Thank you!! Now could you open up the mine again please

jptheripper
06-03-14, 01:55 PM
So there is a new champion habitat that holds 4? But still no upgraded diamond habitat...

freshfunin2008
06-03-14, 01:56 PM
I agree. Thanks for finally hearing us but I don't think increases of 10 habitats are meant to last 10 weeks. At the least, you will have some that go through all 10 in a few weeks. Start planning to increase 10 more sooner rather than later.

jim23cash
06-03-14, 01:57 PM
Woo hoo!! Thank you so much for the habitat increase, the 4 Dragon Champion habitat, and putting them on sale! It feels like my birthday!! ;) I'm happy dancing in my mind! (Since I can't do it actually)!
I'm so happy to have my 3 Ring Habitat out, and my Circus Dragons hatching!
All my Draggies will have happy homes now. Ahhh. ;)

freshfunin2008
06-03-14, 01:57 PM
So there is a new champion habitat that holds 4? But still no upgraded diamond habitat...

You will have to pay a lot of gold to get that one and look it is on sale now.

nicxole
06-03-14, 02:37 PM
Glad they finally came out with an increase, but there's a reason I will never spend real money on TL games. It should not have taken this long and this many dissatisfied players to make a difference

chalupa2030
06-03-14, 07:25 PM
10 more! Yay!

jaesha
06-03-14, 07:34 PM

Thank, thank you, thank you for the increase! :D Expansion plans in the works anytime soon? About to demolish a decorated island to make room, but would be nice to be able to have a few decorations here and there.

Also good news about champion upgrade. Any plans to upgrade white, black and pink habitats?

jaesha
06-03-14, 07:38 PM
Glad they finally came out with an increase, but there's a reason I will never spend real money on TL games. It should not have taken this long and this many dissatisfied players to make a difference

Can't argue with your logic regarding the time delay. Regular communication in response to key issues like habitats, land, storage, etc. and etc...would be helpful too. It's always nice to feel like you're being heard when you spend your hard earned cash.

nicxole
06-03-14, 07:41 PM
Can't argue with your logic regarding the time delay. Regular communication in response to key issues like habitats, land, storage, etc. and etc...would be helpful too. It's always nice to feel like you're being heard when you spend your hard earned cash.

Exactly. I love TL games, but their customer service is weak. I can't tell you how many times I have accidentally fallen into a gold/gem trap. If I spent real money, I probably would've wasted a ton of money. If they added a gem confirmation button and were more responsive with our requests, I would be a lot happier to spend some money on these games.

jim23cash
06-05-14, 02:56 PM
I am thankful for the increase, and hope that TL is working on a way to make this problem go away. Regularly scheduled increases would be great. Of course, land will become an issue again, so hopefully more mining islands will also be added regularly. :)

PineapplePigeon
06-05-14, 03:23 PM
I am so amazed at everyones dedication to this game :) I am on level 97, but it still takes me so long to ever get new dragons! You guys seem to get new ones every day! Then again, I never buy gold, or speed breed... I only have about 40-50 dragons, because I only keep dragons I find very attractive. Kudos to the hardcore collectors!

MakJulos
06-05-14, 03:24 PM
Exactly. I love TL games, but their customer service is weak. I can't tell you how many times I have accidentally fallen into a gold/gem trap. If I spent real money, I probably would've wasted a ton of money. If they added a gem confirmation button and were more responsive with our requests, I would be a lot happier to spend some money on these games.

Well said!

MakJulos
06-05-14, 03:29 PM
I am so amazed at everyones dedication to this game :) I am on level 97, but it still takes me so long to ever get new dragons! You guys seem to get new ones every day! Then again, I never buy gold, or speed breed... I only have about 40-50 dragons, because I only keep dragons I find very attractive. Kudos to the hardcore collectors!

You can't be a hardcore collector without spending money, and that money is what runs the game for all of us, so indeed kudos to the collectors, keep up the good work! :)

jim23cash
06-05-14, 03:36 PM
This is a habitat thread, and I'm trying to keep it on topic.

chalupa2030
06-05-14, 03:38 PM
I only keep dragons I find very attractive. !

Me too! I'm on level 111 and still very picky! I do not have 10 green and purple, or 5 pink. I am very selective! Come play!

But I do spend money:)

chalupa2030
06-05-14, 03:39 PM
This is a habitat thread, and I'm trying to keep it on topic.

Oh good lord it is!!

Oops. My bad:(. I did not notice!

berto102012
06-06-14, 01:24 AM
Finally we now have additional habitats ������that makes the total of 94 but..... The island expansion in the mining also stopped!!! We really cannot enjoy the best of both worlds in DS.

chalupa2030
06-06-14, 05:46 AM
The island expansion in the mining also stopped!!! .

Mine hasn't. I'm level 111.

jesskiee
06-07-14, 12:19 AM
That awesome moment when you can fit all of your 47 diamond breeds into their own diamond habitats.... AMAZING.
Thank you for the increase TL

buttabdullah99
06-07-14, 12:27 AM
I don't know why but I am having 90 habitats only not 94 :" why ????

jesskiee
06-07-14, 12:33 AM
I don't know why but I am having 90 habitats only not 94 :" why ????

Maybe habitats increase when you level up? I'm on 150 n I've got 94

buttabdullah99
06-07-14, 01:37 AM
I am on lvl 121

chalupa2030
06-07-14, 04:54 AM

I think so! I only have 84 and I'm level 111.

kooky panda
06-07-14, 12:16 PM
This is correct. There is a limit you can have at lower levels. Keep leveling up and you will be able to get more habitats.

ASapphireStar
06-09-14, 06:50 AM
Hi, Can someone tell me how many habitats I can have at level 98 please ?

dangerb0y
06-09-14, 07:29 AM
Hi, Can someone tell me how many habitats I can have at level 98 please ?

Click on menu, then overview, then profile.
Mine is 54/70. 54 used out of 70 max at level 100

jim23cash
06-20-14, 01:22 PM
Ok, I just placed my last habitat, so I'm back to ask for another increase soon. Against my better judgement, I purchased one of the "Candy Clouds" habitats that only holds 3, and one of the "Spring Flowers" habitats that also only holds 3.
I would like to ask again, PLEASE make these new habitats upgradable to 4, so those of us who are maxed or closer to maxed can enjoy them as well. I don't want to have to sell these for coin when I'm out of room & haven't gotten any response or increase.
Thanks!

awsumum
06-20-14, 02:34 PM
Ok, I just placed my last habitat, so I'm back to ask for another increase soon. Against my better judgement, I purchased one of the "Candy Clouds" habitats that only holds 3, and one of the "Spring Flowers" habitats that also only holds 3.
I would like to ask again, PLEASE make these new habitats upgradable to 4, so those of us who are maxed or closer to maxed can enjoy them as well. I don't want to have to sell these for coin when I'm out of room & haven't gotten any response or increase.
Thanks!

I'm in the same boat as you, hun :(

Unfortunately as pink/black/white habitats have not been upgraded to hold 4, I'm going to guess that your request for upgrades to Candy Clouds or Spring Flowers habitats is going to go onto the same "to do" list the others are currently on, which is sad as the gaming experience is slightly marred by the fact I have to CONSTANTLY shuffle my dragons around to fit :(

TL, please :) it would be really nice if we didn't have to ask for upgrades or more habitats, any chance this might happen?

jaesha
06-20-14, 03:04 PM
Thanks!

I agree. Im passing on the candy clouds, at least for the moment. Need to think on it.

Its cute, but with the limit at 3 and income at 7800, I'd rather keep a diamond field for now. I don't have much space left and I'm at max habit. I've already purchased and had to sell off multiple diamond fields to buy other habitats since this last increase. So tired of this. We need a slow up on new dragons if we are not going to be provided more land and increased habitat limit to house them. :(

cquinn32
06-20-14, 05:00 PM
Yes, could use some more habitats and expansions please.

MajicHearts
06-21-14, 07:39 AM
question... are we (ever) going to be able to go above level150?

chalupa2030
06-21-14, 07:41 AM
question... are we (ever) going to be able to go above level150?

I often wonder that myself ~ I hope so!

jim23cash
06-22-14, 01:51 AM
If we are going to have another community event, please increase our habitats before the event, so we can participate in the events as they happen. It's such a bummer when everyone is playing together for goals, and we aren't able to show our participation or progress.
Thank you!

AJImmer
06-22-14, 02:13 AM
I'm not at my habitat limit (still 13 to go) but I am feeling the pinch for usable land. My islands are nearly cleared and I have just four more mining expansions left - but I'm already having to limit the amount of decorations I can display. I know that part of the problem is that I have all six of the Dawn Tree boosts - I suppose I could sell those off but that would be a shame given the amount of effort that went into earning the boosts. Likewise, I'm sad that much of the hard earned Egypt, Easter and Circus decorations will also need to be put into storage too. I've already had to put back into storage all of the "standard" decorations I've crafted or used coins to acquire.

Please consider providing for additional land to go with an increase in the number of habitats.

jim23cash
06-24-14, 10:54 PM
OK, Please give us at least ONE increase, so I can place the event habitat! The last event was not as much fun because I couldn't place the habitat, or hatch the Dragons....
Please! Let me fully participate in the event!
Thank you!

freshfunin2008
06-27-14, 10:03 AM
Does anyone know if we can mine for more than 20 expansions yet? Thanks

freshfunin2008
06-27-14, 03:19 PM
I often wonder that myself ~ I hope so!

I think I have like 11,000,000 XP and I wonder if that would be level 200 or what ever some times. LOL

jim23cash
06-28-14, 06:07 AM
Come on TL, Please don't make me leave my Soccer habitat in storage during the event! I want to display my prizes during the event, like everyone else! Why don't you make these special event habitats exempt from the habitat limits. That way it won't ever be an issue... Please consider it! Thanks! ;)

Drachenia
06-29-14, 04:09 AM
Hello Team and TL please please rise for all with LV 150 and more habitats I'm back at the limit

JeannesThinkin
07-01-14, 01:13 AM
I think that the Gold habitats should the exempted from all restrictions other than spacing. People gave you money to get that much gold, and they should get benefits for that.

jim23cash
07-04-14, 10:14 AM
Ok, I sold a diamond habitat since there has been no response from you yet... But now I have Sunstone on nest. I would really hate to have my nests start filling up with homeless Dragons again. It limits my ability to contribute to world events and my ability to breed.
PLEASE TL, give us another increase! And please, communicate occasionally, so we know we have been heard!
Thank you!

night123b
07-04-14, 10:23 AM
Holy tamolie Annie! I hope they increase habitat space for you :)

jim23cash
07-04-14, 10:58 AM
Holy tamolie Annie! I hope they increase habitat space for you :)

Thanks, but I'm not the only one! There are a bunch of us who are high level players, and have a lot of the available Dragons. Usually, by the time they hear us pleading and give us an increase, we have a backlog of Dragon eggs in storage and/or on our nests. I wish they would figure out a schedule for increasing habitats with new Dragon releases! We have to put them all somewhere!! ;)

chalupa2030
07-04-14, 12:04 PM
Well it is finally somewhat happening to me! I can't get any more habitats until next level. So.....the egg just sits on my nest until then? I'm on level 116.

That happened on level 115 too! It seems now with each level I get one more habitat only.

Really?? I'm confused:(. Am I missing something?

awsumum
07-04-14, 03:15 PM
Ok, I sold a diamond habitat since there has been no response from you yet... But now I have Sunstone on nest. I would really hate to have my nests start filling up with homeless Dragons again. It limits my ability to contribute to world events and my ability to breed.
PLEASE TL, give us another increase! And please, communicate occasionally, so we know we have been heard!
Thank you!

I find myself in same position as you, hun (you have my full sympathy, not that it helps with habitat issues) I'm about to get sunstone (which completes all dragons) and trying to house them all is a nightmare :(

DK_Hara
07-05-14, 11:23 PM
great great!!!:cool:

jim23cash
07-06-14, 02:20 PM
I find myself in same position as you, hun (you have my full sympathy, not that it helps with habitat issues) I'm about to get sunstone (which completes all dragons) and trying to house them all is a nightmare :(

I just got sunstone, and wedged it in, but I'm going to start Tarot cooking in the spell shop, and it will be homeless.
I can't believe you have them all out! None in stables or storage? Congrats on Sunstone! ;)

droopy123love
07-07-14, 01:41 PM
I know the feeling, 4 dragons in storage, soon it will be 5, as the last community prize, Brasil dragon will be released.
Personlay I think its very odd, to get an event with habitat and dragons as prizes, but getting a habitat that cannot hold all dragons of that same event, at least fix this so all prizedragons can fit in the prizehabitat!

Drachenia
07-07-14, 04:21 PM
Hello please TL and team, there is always so much beautiful dragon and I actually want to sell no more dragons. But I can no longer build Habitat, please update habitats with coins 2.000000 eg

jim23cash
07-08-14, 07:47 AM
I know the feeling, 4 dragons in storage, soon it will be 5, as the last community prize, Brasil dragon will be released.
Personlay I think its very odd, to get an event with habitat and dragons as prizes, but getting a habitat that cannot hold all dragons of that same event, at least fix this so all prizedragons can fit in the prizehabitat!

Yes, my Brazil Dragon will stay in storage until I have space. I have almost enough for Tarot, but I'm afraid to start it in the spell shop, because it goes straight to the nest from there. I wish I had the option to send it to storage, so I wouldn't have to worry about running out of time to craft it. I just don't want nests full of homeless Dragons. I currently have 292 out of 301, and that's not counting the ones on nest or in storage.
The last few events, TL has increased habitats right after the event, so maybe Today is the Day!
Please TL, increase our habitats, and help us with this issue!! Thank you, Annie

cquinn32
07-08-14, 01:09 PM
Need more habitats and expansions please!!

ginamarie510
07-08-14, 01:45 PM
I also have no more habitats and my storage is full..it would be great if they could combine 2 main colors for habitats, like Green and Yellow like they did for blue and white and make it where it would hold 4 dragons but at this point it would be great to increase our habitats.

ginamarie510
07-08-14, 01:46 PM
Ops I meant Black and Blue and Pink and Purple.

freshfunin2008
07-09-14, 10:37 AM
Since we don't have an increase yet, TL must have decided that we have not begged enough to be able to play the game properly. I guess this needs to be done monthly.

jim23cash
07-09-14, 12:51 PM
My Poor Cactus will be sitting on nest waiting... Meanwhile I still have an egg in storage, 2 Dragons in stables, and I'm crafting my Tarot today.
PLEASE! Need more...

cquinn32
07-11-14, 11:13 AM
We need more habitats!! This routine is getting so old!! Will we ever get more expansions?

jim23cash
07-11-14, 06:16 PM
I have 2 Homeless Dragons on my nests, 4 Dragon eggs in storage, 2 Dragons in stables, and a new Dragon released today that I want! Now I see another new habitat for sale (I don't know anything about it since it's all darkened out on my game, since I'm maxed). I am so tired of feeling like we aren't as important as new players! I shouldn't be discriminated against because I'm a higher level player! I miss out on the habitat sales almost every time, because they happen when I'm already maxed out. Come on TL, this shouldn't happen every month. Figure out some way to fix the habitat issue. I think tying it to levels or XP points is easiest, once you set it up, you wouldn't have to keep hearing from us constantly about needing more. If you have the Dragons available, you should have the ability to house them all available to all players. It seems a strange way to limit our games.
Please increase habitats again. PLEASE let us know we are being heard! Thank you.

Drachenia
07-11-14, 09:04 PM
Yes TL Please give us more habitat, I beseech to TL upgrades habitats with coins.

danni7788
07-12-14, 06:29 AM
I have 2 Homeless Dragons on my nests, 4 Dragon eggs in storage, 2 Dragons in stables, and a new Dragon released today that I want! Now I see another new habitat for sale (I don't know anything about it since it's all darkened out on my game, since I'm maxed). I am so tired of feeling like we aren't as important as new players! I shouldn't be discriminated against because I'm a higher level player! I miss out on the habitat sales almost every time, because they happen when I'm already maxed out. Come on TL, this shouldn't happen every month. Figure out some way to fix the habitat issue. I think tying it to levels or XP points is easiest, once you set it up, you wouldn't have to keep hearing from us constantly about needing more. If you have the Dragons available, you should have the ability to house them all available to all players. It seems a strange way to limit our games.
Please increase habitats again. PLEASE let us know we are being heard! Thank you.

I'm sorry you get discriminated against for being such a good collector!! :( I don't have nearly as many dragons and I still want more space and habitats. I do have the new habitat if you want to come visit and look at it (unless that will depress you!). I agree TL should at least let us know we are being heard on the issue.

auntgramma
07-12-14, 10:01 AM
I have been playing long time. Maxed out expansion. Do not have room for all dragons. Do not want to spend gold to increase size of habitants.might just take time out from Dragon story and save lots of money

dangerb0y
07-12-14, 10:28 AM
I would prefer that they release Dragon Story 2 instead of expansions. Pretty soon the entire island will look like one big expansion. If they release an upgrade maybe they can provide more islands to expand on.

jim23cash
07-13-14, 03:54 AM
I would prefer that they release Dragon Story 2 instead of expansions. Pretty soon the entire island will look like one big expansion. If they release an upgrade maybe they can provide more islands to expand on.
This is a thread about increasing the number of habitats.
I don't mind more expansions, it allows room for decor, but I still have decorations out.
TL, Please increase the habitats. All my Dragons deserve a home!

Drachenia
07-13-14, 06:33 AM
Hello, please, please TL hear our implore and give us a sign. I'm maxed out at Habitat ask for expansion of the habitat boundary

cquinn32
07-14-14, 08:12 AM
Maybe this week we will get our increase? I hope someone will at least acknowledge us. I swear I'm about ready to just throw in the towel on this game. This is just an ongoing problem that they refuse to address.

queenrooler
07-14-14, 11:38 AM
I too am ready to throw in the towel. I am Lvl 150, have no doubles and I'm maxxed out on habitats.
PLEASE PLEASE TL, if you're going to keep adding so many new dragons, compensate with more habitats.

jim23cash
07-14-14, 04:46 PM
Would someone from TL please let us know you hear us??
I'm here to plead again. 2 Nests with homeless Dragons. Tournament Dragon and about 6 or 7 other Dragon Eggs in Storage. 2 Dragons in Stables.
PLEASE increase habitats so I can house my Dragons! PLEASE make new habitats upgradable to 4 Dragons.
PLEASE, above all else, help us find a way to not have this be a constant Problem. We don't want to have to come beg over and over until we get heard. Plan for regular increases with Dragon releases. Let us know, so we can plan for it. It sux to be a high level player that has to beg for habitats to continue playing. It makes what should be a fun relaxing game into a stressful experience. I love this game, please don't ruin it for me and other players who have the same issue. We want to play! Thanks.

freshfunin2008
07-15-14, 08:23 AM
this just seems to be a long term problem that TL just will not properly address. It is so unfortunate.

Drachenia
07-15-14, 10:54 AM
Would someone from TL please let us know you hear us??
I'm here to plead again. 2 Nests with homeless Dragons. Tournament Dragon and about 6 or 7 other Dragon Eggs in Storage. 2 Dragons in Stables.
PLEASE increase habitats so I can house my Dragons! PLEASE make new habitats upgradable to 4 Dragons.
PLEASE, above all else, help us find a way to not have this be a constant Problem. We don't want to have to come beg over and over until we get heard. Plan for regular increases with Dragon releases. Let us know, so we can plan for it. It sux to be a high level player that has to beg for habitats to continue playing. It makes what should be a fun relaxing game into a stressful experience. I love this game, please don't ruin it for me and other players who have the same issue. We want to play! Thanks.

Yes I agree to jim23cash, please please give us back more habitats and upgrades for coins. Give us finally an answer TL

jim23cash
07-15-14, 12:32 PM
I now have 3 of my 4 nests filled with homeless eggs. I have 10 Dragon eggs in storage, including one of the Soccer event Dragons. I have 2 in stables. If I breed another Dragon, all my nests will be full.
Please give us an increase, so I can start playing again.
ANY RESPONSE HERE WOULD BE GREAT- just to know we are being heard. Thanks!

freshfunin2008
07-15-14, 02:50 PM
I'm sure Kooky will get around to this one and let us know they hear us. I think they are expecting more begging.

sapphirecross
07-15-14, 11:06 PM
I don't know if this is helpful, but here is what I have:

2 red habitats, 1 holds 4 dragons
11 green, 2 that hold 4 dragons and 2 for babies/duplicates
7 yellow, 2 hold 4
9 blue, 2 hold 4 and 2 have babies
9 purple, 2 hold 4 and 2 have babies
12 white (cuz 6 make heart/diamond shapes lol :) - 2 with babies, some empty spots
5 pink, 1 with baby virtues to trade
2 black
2 pink-green
1 white-red
1 black-blue
1 pink-purple
1 white-blue
1 each: Egypt, circus, soccer, tropic, treasure, metal, Dino
2 each: rainbow, royal, fairy tale, champ, zodiac, cosmic, stone, passion
3 gemstone
4 diamond

That's 93/94.

Of the 9 extra with babies, I need to sell 3 or 4 to get one more champ, 1-2 more zodiac, another gemstone or black habitat for the last 3 gemstones I haven't crafted. I have no mythic and have little luck with black hybrids, otherwise, I probably wouldn't have any extras.

Some of my duplicates I won't sell, like my extra passion, because of arena. I don't try for all dragons, so I can keep two of some. I have extra passion, rainbow, cosmic and am not selling them, but it means an extra habitat of each since all these habitats are limited to the number of dragons. Why can't habitats hold one extra dragon, so if one of the set is a favorite, like as a baby, or is especially useful in arena, it can go with the rest? That would be very helpful!!

Some habitats like Dino, I only have 1-2 dragons. I have 175 unique dragons, plus another couple in storage. I have one spot left from mine, and 5 spaces to clear mostly on far right island. I have all the boost buildings. My islands are jammed, very little decoration. Even with an increase in habitats, where will they go?????

I am not a collector, and I still have some room for new dragons, but I am fast running out of space in every way. I have about 30 habitats that can be upgraded to hold 4 dragons, but I don't want to cuz of all the special habitats that come out. I sold a blue to make room for the new beach one that just came out. I have been selling duplicates and babies, and will continue to do so, but I really don't see that there is space for another 10 habitats even if the limit were raised. Please fix BOTH problems. Thanks!

Drachenia
07-16-14, 05:40 PM
Hello TL grant us the grace, unworthy players increase the limit for us habitats. Amen :rolleyes:

jim23cash
07-17-14, 03:57 AM
PLEASE.
3 of my 4 nests have homeless Dragons. I can't breed anymore, because then my nests would all be full, and I wouldn't be able to do anything. I have about 15 eggs in storage, at least 4 that are new to me. Still have 2 or 3 in stables.
I just want to keep playing my game, collecting Dragons.
Why do you make us beg each month?? It's really disrespectful to your customers.
I'm growing weary of having to beg to play your game. Please address this issue with a long term solution.

echo005
07-17-14, 05:48 AM
Question re Ios players.why are there habitats in the sky?????? judging by the title i assume that these floating habitats are in addition to the normal ones? i say this cos on android i have 68/70 habitats.so if Ios are allowed to have more habitats why are people moaning by the amount? am i missing summat here? we androiders don't even have storage.i come on here for a laugh-otherwise i'd cry-cos TL won't even take any notice of people begging

freshfunin2008
07-17-14, 07:52 AM
Oh they know when we beg. We just have not begged enough. I figure it will be another month of customers threatening to quit before TL does anything about this long standing issue.

kooky panda
07-17-14, 08:48 AM
The community managers and staff are keeping up with your requests on this thread.

I think some of you are really power players and get ahead of us average folks!:)

I just now have placed by last habitat so I am now ready for some more.

freshfunin2008
07-17-14, 09:45 AM
Well if Kooky is ready for some more maybe we will get an increase sooner rather than later.

echo005
07-17-14, 10:35 AM
Well if Kooky is ready for some more maybe we will get an increase sooner rather than later.

so as i didn't get a response to my original post does that mean that i answered my own questions and Ios do have many more habitats?

kooky panda
07-17-14, 10:50 AM
so as i didn't get a response to my original post does that mean that i answered my own questions and Ios do have many more habitats?
Android and IOS have the same limit on habitats.

echo005
07-17-14, 10:57 AM
ta.why does it say current limit 94?

freshfunin2008
07-17-14, 10:57 AM

habitat limits are based on your level. If you are 150 + you will have 94 as your max limit. Actually I think you get 94 closer to level 125 but it has been ages since I was there.

echo005
07-17-14, 10:59 AM
really??? i'm on level 100 and i can't remember it being any different.it should just say /94 don't you agree?

freshfunin2008
07-17-14, 11:26 AM
really??? i'm on level 100 and i can't remember it being any different.it should just say /94 don't you agree?

No I don't agree. When you first start your game you don't get the max limit for stuff. TL phases it in while you level up. I think you said you were level 100 and 70 is the current max for you. I bet as you start to level up 1 or 2 you will see that 70 figure change to 71, 72, etc until you hit level 120 or so and then you should have that number close to 94 by then.

freshfunin2008
07-17-14, 11:31 AM
Follow up. I have a neighbor that is level 12 and max habitat is 10 for them and I know someone at level 127 and they have 94 as the max limit and they mentioned they literally got an increase of 1 habitat every time they leveled up from 110 to like 125.

jim23cash
07-20-14, 05:38 AM
ALL 4 Nests FULL now, Homeless Dragons all. Lots of eggs in storage waiting for homes.
Another neighbor quit today, tired of it. I'm almost there. If that's your intention TL, it seems to be working. Higher level players are tired of this "song and dance" routine to get habitats for all the new Dragons.
I didn't start playing with the plan to fit as many Dragons in as possible, so I've spent a lot of money buying/upgrading as many habitats as possible to fit more and more Dragons. Maybe my current layout is not the "most" efficient one, but I'm sick of selling all my different habitats to purchase one of the few choices of 4 Dragon habitats. Please, we need a long term fix, not just another little increase, followed by a flood of new Dragons. I have about 8 Dragons waiting for habitats now, and they won't all fit in 2 habitats! It feels like you give me just a little breathing room, then you release a bunch more new Dragons right away, have a world event, and a tournament. Right away I'm full again, and back begging again.
Please, find a long term solution for this issue. Thank you.

jim23cash
07-21-14, 11:58 AM
All Four Nests Full! :(
Unable to breed, participate in any events until habitats increased! :(
TL, PLEASE at least let us know you are working on it!
Thanks.

Clark_Wayne
07-21-14, 06:33 PM
Hmm i think that TL is not increasing habitats limit because of apps or servers problem.
I'm close to habitats limit and my apps start to crash often.
Also increasing habitats means increasing lands.
And servers have to deal with those big lands.

Actually i think if habitats host more dragons, that would be better :
increasing 10 habitats that's 30 more dragons for us, but if every habitat host 1 more dragon (4 dragons for big habitats and 5 dragons for golds habitats), that's 94 more dragons for us.

My suggestion is to make upgradable 3 dragons habitats to 4 dragons habitats with gems (and/or coins) and the golds habitats host then 5 dragons.

But will TL make it possible ? I don't think so : not good for their business and may be they just can't do it

jim23cash
07-21-14, 09:39 PM
Hmm i think that TL is not increasing habitats limit because of apps or servers problem.
I'm close to habitats limit and my apps start to crash often.
Also increasing habitats means increasing lands.
And servers have to deal with those big lands.

Actually i think if habitats host more dragons, that would be better :
increasing 10 habitats that's 30 more dragons for us, but if every habitat host 1 more dragon (4 dragons for big habitats and 5 dragons for golds habitats), that's 94 more dragons for us.

My suggestion is to make upgradable 3 dragons habitats to 4 dragons habitats with gems (and/or coins) and the golds habitats host then 5 dragons.

But will TL make it possible ? I don't think so : not good for their business and may be they just can't do it
All those things and more have been suggested in this thread and the previous one.
TL has been increasing habitats slowly and sporadically since last December.
If they keep releasing more Dragons, they need to increase places to put them.
I don't care how they solve this issue, I just want to have homes for all of my Dragons.
I need an immediate fix, but I want a long term fix also.
TL can find many great suggestions from players with this issue in this thread.

Drachenia
07-22-14, 11:32 AM
Juhuuuuu TL finally hear us and give us more habitats. I can not put the habitat of the Olympus event put on my island :mad:

kkdble49
07-22-14, 01:18 PM
Squeezed to the max on habitats, and it's time for an expansion increase!!!

jim23cash
07-22-14, 01:19 PM
Aaaaarrrgh! Come on TL, play fair! I have all nests full with no homes for Dragons. I am unable to participate in a large part of the World Event, since I can't breed at all! Once again, I can't place the event habitat during the event. Again, I feel like you don't want me playing anymore.
PLEASE INCREASE HABITATS SO I CAN PARTICIPATE IN EVENT!!!
Please let us know you hear our pleas.

freshfunin2008
07-22-14, 02:31 PM
Apparently the coders can not make this work properly or it would have been done by now. The game is getting to the point where people who are above lvl 150 can not enjoy playing it. so sad but true

jim23cash
07-22-14, 03:36 PM
Apparently the coders can not make this work properly or it would have been done by now. The game is getting to the point where people who are above lvl 150 can not enjoy playing it. so sad but true

I don't think this is true, they have been increasing it a bit at a time since December. We have just had to beg each time to get it to happen. No one from TL has said anything about an increase not being possible.
TL PLEASE LET US KNOW YOU HEAR US! Thank you.

freshfunin2008
07-22-14, 03:51 PM
Maybe they preferred the loyal customers to be upset and forced to beg to play the game properly. Either way it sucks for us.

Drachenia
07-22-14, 06:16 PM
Yes it's too bad TL does not answer!!! If he no longer wants to give us habitats, then please let us habitats with coins expand TL. I beg therefore they give us at least answer

jim23cash
07-22-14, 10:36 PM
Ok, I put another Dragon in Stable, and sold another habitat. Now at least I can breed for the event.
I still am unable to place the event habitats. :(
Please TL. Let me display my World Event Habitats and Dragons during the event. It makes me feel left out when I can't display my progress along with my neighbors.
Thank you.

ginamarie510
07-23-14, 08:28 AM
This is getting so frustrating, it's a shame that we can't get more habitats, after playing this game from the begining and to have to plead to give us more habitats. It's really sad. I had to resort to start selling my dragons just to be able to participate in any event.

[S8] Elsa
07-23-14, 10:24 AM
Hi everyone! We're aware of your request for an increase in the Habitat cap.

To explain why we don't raise it often, you can currently have 94 Habitats and each of those can hold 3, possibly 4 Dragons. Each of those Dragons have images for each stage and animations. If you're on an older or low-end device or have a full board already, adding more images and animations has to be considered carefully to ensure your game performance is going to continue being awesome. We test this extensively, so it takes a bit longer than just pushing a button and lifting the cap. I hope this helps!

freshfunin2008
07-23-14, 10:37 AM
Elsa;935255']Hi everyone! We're aware of your request for an increase in the Habitat cap.

So this sounds like an excuse. However, TL does not limit the amount of new dragons. Every week there are more and more we need to get. Interesting how Elsa states many are 3 and possibly 4 but doesn't address the fact that there are habitats that only hold 2 and worst of all the diamond habitat that only holds 1. What a waste. I want to see a diamond hab hold 3 or 4. That would save space just there with diamonds and their hybrids.

cquinn32
07-23-14, 12:29 PM
Thought I would stop by the forum to see if any progress has been made here and except for the usual lame excuses I see there is none. You say to many animations overload older devices but yet you continue to release dragons at a rediculously fast pace. with every new dragon you release it seems like you couldn't care less about player concerns.

Drachenia
07-23-14, 12:51 PM

Thanks Elsa, I'll wait patiently. Yes to find the right for all devices is difficult. Many thanks to the team of Elsa :D

chalupa2030
07-23-14, 12:57 PM
Thanks Elsa, I'll wait patiently. Yes to find the right for all devices is difficult. Many thanks to the team of Elsa :D

I second this!

Zummat
07-23-14, 12:59 PM

While I understand your side of this I think it would help alleviate the problem a little if the price to upgrade a habitat to hold 4 dragons was by paying coins and not the outrageous price of 500 gold.

astampf9
07-23-14, 01:08 PM
I don't think it's an excuse I think there being truthful. It explains why they have a habitat limit in the first place instead of allowing you to purchase as many as you want. However, I do get the point that everyone is saying that they continue to release new dragons extensively, what is happening is that the habitat limit and the island expanding limit is hindering players ability to continue to play the game enjoyably. This doesn't affect new gamers, but the loyal gamers who have played the game for a long time are the ones being affected by this. I get the reasoning Elsa, but it doesn't alleviate our frustrations. What would do so is a different approach, a way to make sure that this doesn't continue to be an issue for gamers. My suggestion would be to limit the amount of new dragons that come out, if it's too much for the programmers to handle creating dragons and adding habitats/island expansions then it doesn't make sense to keep pushing out a high amount of new dragons. As much fun as it is to get new dragons, what's the point if we don't have the room for them or the ability to buy habitats to place them in? All were asking for is to be able to play the game without this issue coming up over and over again, is that too much to ask? Are you telling us that isn't possible? By the way thank you for responding, another way to alleviate our frustrations would be if you guys responded more to us, we may not agree with your response to our concerns but at least we wouldn't feel like were being ignored and that Teamlava simply doesn't care.

PineapplePigeon
07-23-14, 01:30 PM
I don't think it's an excuse I think there being truthful. It explains why they have a habitat limit in the first place instead of allowing you to purchase as many as you want. However, I do get the point that everyone is saying that they continue to release new dragons extensively, what is happening is that the habitat limit and the island expanding limit is hindering players ability to continue to play the game enjoyably. This doesn't affect new gamers, but the loyal gamers who have played the game for a long time are the ones being affected by this. I get the reasoning Elsa, but it doesn't alleviate our frustrations. What would do so is a different approach, a way to make sure that this doesn't continue to be an issue for gamers. My suggestion would be to limit the amount of new dragons that come out, if it's too much for the programmers to handle creating dragons and adding habitats/island expansions then it doesn't make sense to keep pushing out a high amount of new dragons. As much fun as it is to get new dragons, what's the point if we don't have the room for them or the ability to buy habitats to place them in? All were asking for is to be able to play the game without this issue coming up over and over again, is that too much to ask? Are you telling us that isn't possible? By the way thank you for responding, another way to alleviate our frustrations would be if you guys responded more to us, we may not agree with your response to our concerns but at least we wouldn't feel like were being ignored and that Teamlava simply doesn't care.

I totally understand where you're coming with this, but TL releases lots of new dragons because they want to have lots of dragons to pick from. If they had less, they're more likely to have people not like them, and not crack open their wallets. I like the flow of the new dragons, it keeps it interesting (especially since I'm not a collector) I pick what I want and keep it at that.

astampf9
07-23-14, 02:01 PM
I can see where your coming from too PineapplePigeon, I'm sure there are other gamers out there that aren't collectors and do exactly what you do, however what about the gamers that are collectors? I'm judging by the massive responses to this thread that there is quite a few like me, what of us? We don't want to continue to have to deal with this issue over and over again.. Limiting the number of dragons that come out is just a suggestion I have, I'm not saying that has to be the solution. What were asking for is ANY solution... Waiting for months while they do extensive testing is frustrating for a lot of us.

freshfunin2008
07-23-14, 02:07 PM
sounds like loyal 150 plus customers are getting the short end of the stick here.

chalupa2030
07-23-14, 02:24 PM
I totally understand where you're coming with this, but TL releases lots of new dragons because they want to have lots of dragons to pick from. If they had less, they're more likely to have people not like them, and not crack open their wallets. I like the flow of the new dragons, it keeps it interesting (especially since I'm not a collector) I pick what I want and keep it at that.

Same here. I do not need them all. I am very selective. I understand the pain though of players who do want to collect them all and can not.

But I also love weekly new dragons! Keeps things fresh!

Drachenia
07-23-14, 04:17 PM
Same here. I do not need them all. I am very selective. I understand the pain though of players who do want to collect them all and can not.

But I also love weekly new dragons! Keeps things fresh!

Yes you are absolutely right chalupa. I am also a collector, but you must change every now and then so that a fresh Dragons lives on your island. Happy playing all together, go go go ;)

PineapplePigeon
07-23-14, 06:50 PM
I can see where your coming from too PineapplePigeon, I'm sure there are other gamers out there that aren't collectors and do exactly what you do, however what about the gamers that are collectors? I'm judging by the massive responses to this thread that there is quite a few like me, what of us? We don't want to continue to have to deal with this issue over and over again.. Limiting the number of dragons that come out is just a suggestion I have, I'm not saying that has to be the solution. What were asking for is ANY solution... Waiting for months while they do extensive testing is frustrating for a lot of us.

You're right, it is unfair how they make you wait months and don't say anything about their progress or anything :(

jim23cash
07-23-14, 11:01 PM
I agree with most of this, but suggest that instead of limiting Dragons, they allow us to STORE Dragons and Habitats. (Without it costing, just in regular storage). Maybe you could limit storage by level, or Maybe you could allow players that max out Stables to store Dragons freely in regular storage after that. That way you still get the $$ for the stables and storage slots, but after that the customer has free storage privileges.
That would allow higher level players to continue playing and Developers more time to work on the overload issues. It might even help with that issue if some of the fullest islands were able to store some Dragons.
If I could put some of my old commons and some habitats in storage, then i could purchase the new habitats when I want, I could purchase Dragons on sale (like the new treasure type) and I could continue breeding, playing and spending gold. So you still make money, AND I'm a satisfied customer. It's a Win/Win situation.
Please consider this TL! Thank you for letting us know you are listening and working on the issue! :)

Bovo71
07-24-14, 12:48 AM
Team Lava development team have been slowly painting themselves into a corner for quite some time now. I'm sure that they are aware of these issues, however it's the lack of communication that continues to frustrate players. And for those that understand technically what the issue is, it really raises alarm bells for the death of the game.

I use to run an old iPad device and the memory (that is actual memory used for processing - not to be confused with memory used for storage) is very limited. It kept on crashing all the time and got to a stage it was unusable.

I've since upgraded to the latest iOS devices and the game runs fine, however many neighbours are still using older devices and when they visit me it crashes out - I've lost many neighbours this way. They simply cannot visit me.

The conundrum that Team Lava development have now is?

Do we satisfy as many devices as possible (older and newer), however limit the amount of activity on the island (in short have less habitats and dragons) which upsets collectors, but appeals to wider number of users
Or do we incrementally increase limits as we release dragons and then deal with the complaints about crashing / slow performance, which generally means a drop off of players if they don't upgrade
Or do we implement a longer term strategy that resolves both of the above issues however involves a lot more development time and makes the game more complex to play

I'm a collector and currently I have 310 dragons on the main island and 19 dragons on Arctic Isles. Where possible my habitats have been upgrade to gold buyable.
Currently I leave dragons in storage (where possible from community events) or send them into the stables when I hit the hab cap. Both of these are less than ideal.
I (like many if you) have sunk a lot of real money in the game and I'm a huge supporter of Team Lava / Dragon Story. It's people like you and I that contribute to the company's existence keep people employed there.

So I do get upset when I'm not seeing a longer term strategy being put into place.

Moreover that the development team does not see the issue arising and address it before threads like this get filled with hate and anger.

Solutions?

Allow users to have multiple Islands joined together (similar to Arctic Isles). I suspect the Arctic Isles was an experiment on whether users like this feature. Considering that Team Lava have gone cold on development on the island I suspect it was not well received.
I'm sure they are also concerned about people using this as an exploit to make coins. Team Lava would like to keep control over the number of coins people are earning. So to ensure expansion is controlled they can limit it to only users that X unique dragons in their collections are allowed an additional Island.
Increase capacity of Stables - not sure I like this. I use my Stables as a temporary holding area until expansion happens. I like to see my dragons in their habitats and show off to my neighbours.
Fountain of Youth + Egg Display - This has been requested by many players before. Possibly allow users turn their dragons back into eggs and offer an Egg Display Area on the Island. The Egg Graphic being static should have less overhead on devices.

Does anyone else have ideas?

I really do hope that the development team a well into a long term fix and they are ready to surprise me soon.

Any hints of the Community Managers out there? Please...

Thanks

Bovo

snuggy95
07-24-14, 08:10 AM
I only have 2 more habitats left until I reach the max amount and I only have room for 2 more then all of my islands would be completely full! TeamLava you should give us more islands so we can continue playing!

jim23cash
07-24-14, 09:37 AM
I only have 2 more habitats left until I reach the max amount and I only have room for 2 more then all of my islands would be completely full! TeamLava you should give us more islands so we can continue playing!

If you go back a page or 2, there is a message from TL.

droopy123love
07-24-14, 03:12 PM
I am too strugling with the habitatissue.
Trying to think with you for sollutions, please consider this:
I am so lucky to have multiple diamondhybrids, discontinued (limited edition) dragons.
trading or selling them is no option imo, as rewarding is no good, I dont like to see only a colored gemstone or coins in return.
There are some very nice neighbors that i wouldlike to help to get an awesome dragon; i think we all recognise the fact that you have a nice neighbor that you would do something extra for.
If it would be possible, I realy would consider to trade a discontinued dragon like for example an easter dragon or even a crusader to one of those special neighbors. If we could trade such a hybrid for, lets say 40 gold, I would realy do so. It would help other players, and think it would pull people into buying gold, please consider this option TL !

freshfunin2008
07-24-14, 03:14 PM
So I was hoping maintenance in the middle of the day may have meant we have an increase in habitats but I guess I will keep trading dragons and selling them until TL figures out a solution.

echo005
07-24-14, 03:36 PM
I've reached my max so being on android what do i do now? We can only breed feed and expand so that means i cant breed cos i have no habitats.luckily i bought one for unicorn just in time.i have two nests and no storage so anybody suggest what i do? absolutely ridiculous.what level do i have to get to before i can have more? How am i supposed to progress to the next level if i cant do anything? Have TL thought this out?

elwood99
07-24-14, 03:48 PM
I've reached my max so being on android what do i do now? We can only breed feed and expand so that means i cant breed cos i have no habitats.luckily i bought one for unicorn just in time.i have two nests and no storage so anybody suggest what i do? absolutely ridiculous.what level do i have to get to before i can have more? How am i supposed to progress to the next level if i cant do anything? Have TL thought this out?

This may not be ideal but one can consider selling commons like fire, forest, mist, fruitful etc I know these dragons are epic but sometimes one has no choice

echo005
07-24-14, 04:01 PM
Much as i dont like fruitloops etc i want to keep them for breeding purposes and i thought this was a game where we collect dragons?

Well its gone midnite here and as i'm peed off i'm going to bed

jim23cash
07-24-14, 04:24 PM
Much as i dont like fruitloops etc i want to keep them for breeding purposes and i thought this was a game where we collect dragons?

This has been an on going problem since Halloween (for me at least). There have been times when I had all 4 nests full, and Dragons in Stable and eggs in storage. Now the option to purchase straight into storage has been removed. It sounds like an increase might not happen as fast this time. I put a Dragon in stables, and sold a habitat a couple of days ago so I could clear the 4 Dragons from my nests. I still have one on nest that needs a separate habitat, so I guess it sits there until we get increase.
I am a "Collector", and don't have duplicates. I don't want to sell any, but I could see selling some that I get alot, like Mist, Island, Magic, Coral, or others that are easy to replace - although I did spend time and energy to make them Epic. But that would still only bring me one or two places here and there, and not enough for another habitat.
I don't have room to place the new habitat I received for iOS World event, so I guess it and the Dragons I receive will go straight into storage with the other new ones already in there, and the about 20 duplicates from Spinning wheel. I'm not even bothering to try to breed anymore, there's no need if I can't place them. I'm just filling my nests with the duplicate eggs from storage and selling them when they hatch.
I'm really sad it has come to this, it seems like it may be the end of DS for me.
I would like to reiterate the idea of allowing upper level players to store Dragons and Habitats from the previous page (more detail on idea there). That would possibly help the developers with the problem of too many Dragons causing overloads, and allow collectors to store more common Dragons and display newer or rarer ones.
I hope that something will be figured out, so this isn't the end of DS for us.

igames4me
07-24-14, 05:53 PM
You could sell your duplicates dragons.. Like why do you need 3 magic,3 eagles, 3serpents? For breeding keeping 1 of each is good if you are into collecting unique dragons. You will have tons of habitats left.

Sumercarefree
07-25-14, 02:23 AM
Yes just got to keep throwing away or exchange some dragons for gemstones so that we can house the new dragons.

I wish our gemstones could be exchanged for some new interesting Dragons.

How about 20 Large stones for Diamond Breeds ! eg 20 Large Pearls for an Angel or a Diamond !

echo005
07-25-14, 07:24 AM
On android we dont have exchanges or gemstones or spell shop or any of those things

jim23cash
07-26-14, 03:32 AM
Back to the habitats, will there be any more increases made? I see more & more Dragons being released, and I'm trying to participate in the world event, but I'm not going to buy more gold, or keep spending time on collecting if you aren't going to give us any more habitats.
I hope you are going to consider some of the ideas we offered on the last few pages, but if not, just put us out of our misery. I play for relaxation, and this has made it more stressful than fun.
I love the game, and don't want to quit, but I don't want to keep having this issue.
Thanks!

benjessie
07-26-14, 11:19 AM
Hi everyone. I have played Dragon Story for a while, though not as long as some of you. I am currently on level 88, on iOS, and have 61 dragons on my non-Arctic isles, including duplicates, and 35/64 habitats for my level. I have 7 farms. Like chalupa2030 (KindredSpirits) and PineapplePigeon (Omashu), I am definitely NOT a collector of dragons. I keep dragons I like only and trade or sell out dragons I don't need or want. I keep some of the smallest habitats that only keep two dragons. I think that TL does NOT mean for everyone to be a collector, because that kind of leads to this habitat problem that lots of people have. I understand because I used to be a collector as well, but I quit a while ago. But.. why can't there be infinite habitats and expansions? That would make everyone happier. Just my opinion. :)

jim23cash
07-26-14, 09:22 PM
Hi everyone. I have played Dragon Story for a while, though not as long as some of you. I am currently on level 88, on iOS, and have 61 dragons on my non-Arctic isles, including duplicates, and 35/64 habitats for my level. I have 7 farms. Like chalupa2030 (KindredSpirits) and PineapplePigeon (Omashu), I am definitely NOT a collector of dragons. I keep dragons I like only and trade or sell out dragons I don't need or want. I keep some of the smallest habitats that only keep two dragons. I think that TL does NOT mean for everyone to be a collector, because that kind of leads to this habitat problem that lots of people have. I understand because I used to be a collector as well, but I quit a while ago. But.. why can't there be infinite habitats and expansions? That would make everyone happier. Just my opinion. :)

If you read the response from TL back a page or two, it explains why.

benjessie
07-27-14, 08:43 PM
@jim23cash Oh sorry!!

jim23cash
07-27-14, 09:49 PM
@jim23cash Oh sorry!!

Your post was quite sweet, I'm just feeling disappointed.
Thanks for wishing we could have unlimited habitats! ;)

missbike
07-27-14, 09:59 PM
You need to upgrade your iPhone. The 4 is about to go obsolete; The chipset is already under strain running all the animation in this game. It isn't so much about memory as speed. I burned a 3 GS down with animated games so I understand your aggravation! But when iOS 8 is released in September of 2014 apps will upgrade to it, and your phone may have an even tougher time. The 4 will not run iOS 8, the chip doesn't have the processing power. It's already struggling with animation games - Just wait until around November!

My 4S will be the slowest iPhone in the pack then; I'll have to upgrade when my contract expires. My carrier gives excellent prices on iPhone if I get the model that's one behind current, perhaps you should look into that? Anyway, it's not going to get better. Tech keeps getting faster to handle bigger files, games included. Look into upgrading.

jim23cash
07-27-14, 10:23 PM
You need to upgrade your iPhone. The 4 is about to go obsolete; The chipset is already under strain running all the animation in this game. It isn't so much about memory as speed. I burned a 3 GS down with animated games so I understand your aggravation! But when iOS 8 is released in September of 2014 apps will upgrade to it, and your phone may have an even tougher time. The 4 will not run iOS 8, the chip doesn't have the processing power. It's already struggling with animation games - Just wait until around November!

My 4S will be the slowest iPhone in the pack then; I'll have to upgrade when my contract expires. My carrier gives excellent prices on iPhone if I get the model that's one behind current, perhaps you should look into that? Anyway, it's not going to get better. Tech keeps getting faster to handle bigger files, games included. Look into upgrading.
How do you know what version my phone is? I haven't posted it in this thread.
The problem isn't my phone, it's TL's developers. I'm doing fine in DS, no slowing down or any problems except with battles, and those have always been buggy.
See TLs post #177

chalupa2030
07-27-14, 10:28 PM

You need to indicate who you are talking to. I didn't read where anyone posted about their iPhone. Unless I missed it!

MFAcct
07-28-14, 08:20 PM
I'm a new player on an iPhone 4s, and have definitely seen processing issues when visiting my high level neighbors. I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but it seems to be that the issue is the animation and images for each form of dragon. Would it be possible to have a high performance/best performance option? For players with older devices, we could turn off the animations on our islands and islands we visit, but people with better devices could keep their animation as it doesn't affect them. I'm sure we don't need to visually see our dragons eat the food or walk around the breeding den.

jptheripper
07-29-14, 08:35 AM
Well, stable full, 8 dragons in storage, and archon will sit on nest unless I sell a common, again. Level 9. Grrrrrrr

jim23cash
07-29-14, 09:18 AM
Well, stable full, 8 dragons in storage, and archon will sit on nest unless I sell a common, again. Level 9. Grrrrrrr

Yeah, I bought a treasure type while they were on sale! Don'tcha know that hurts to have sitting on a nest for weeks/months/who knows how long! I've been really bummed out during this world event, because I still have a bunch of Dragons in storage that I can't hatch, I sold a habitat to buy one that would clear 3 of my nests for the event, but I wasn't even really trying to breed. I didn't feel like it was worth even trying since I can't hold any new habitats. But just a bit ago, I decided to try for one I haven't tried for much lately, Chess, and got it on first try! Feeling Heady with success, I tried again for Taurus, and Boom, again on first try! So greedy pig that I am, I tried for Aries & Triple Rainbow, but my run of luck was over. At least I got a couple of new ones I can put in nests, and evolve! Yay! It sorta feels like I can play again! I was starting to think DS was over for me.
I'm still hoping to get an increase, even tho the message from TL recently has given me less hope rather than more!
I'll hang in a bit longer, and see what happens.
193/207, with 3 eggs on nest and 4 in storage! Woo hoo!

EDIT: oops, that should be 299/312, with 2 on nests & 5 in storage! I went back to my island and got a popup for a new purple and blue combo Dragon, and thinking about how many Coral fails I've had lately, I laughed. I decided to try it once, straight water and magic, and Poof! I got it on first try again! What a day. I still don't have anywhere to put it or the others on nest, in storage, or in stables, but I got it! ;)

jptheripper
07-29-14, 01:59 PM
Had to sell epic common to place a new dragon. This sucks

farmday0123
07-29-14, 02:02 PM
Why some people have a lot of dragon and no room for it, but I have expand all land and have empty, can't breed any new to fill in habitat, my habitats hold so much same dragon :((

freshfunin2008
07-29-14, 03:26 PM
So I see we can still only have 94 habitats and I believe there is over 300 plus dragons available or were available etc etc etc. So why has TL / Storm 8 not made any increases in a long time???????????????????????? The idea that there are still habitats that only hold 1 dragon is just ridiculous at this point in time.

jptheripper
07-29-14, 04:35 PM
Yes diamond needs to go to three asap

awsumum
07-31-14, 01:50 AM
I've managed to house everyone (with room to spare!) but instead of taking up HEAPS of room here, I posted a new thread :)

freshfunin2008
08-01-14, 01:56 PM
Another day.... a new month.... and yet we have to live with the limitation of the game. Maybe there should be two versions. One for those with newer hardware and one for those with not so new hardware. Tick Tock Tick Tock. Let's go Storm 8 give us an estimate for an update. Thanks

jim23cash
08-02-14, 12:39 PM
I am still holding out hope that we will actually GET another increase, that we haven't been totally written off.
I think it would be cool to let us have an Egg Display (non-animated), that lets us display the eggs of all the Dragons we have obtained, and maybe what level they are. Then we could build displays with decorations and pick the Dragons we want to display. So for Halloween, we could store a lot of the Spring or Flower types, and put out the scary ones, and decorate with the spooky trees and maybe some new spooky decor like skeletons, or Day of the Dead skeletons and decor.(hmm-A Day of the Dead Dragon would Be Awesome!)
That way we would have room to decorate individually, and show our personality or style more. We would need less space to expand into, because we wouldnt be trying to cram everything out at once. It also would help with the animation overload problem, because we would have fewer Dragons on display at the same time.
I really hope TL will consider something like this. I don't like having my Dragons all jammed together anyway, and would rearrange them if I had room. I thought it would be cool to have habitats for the holidays, so you could house your "choose holiday name here" Dragons all together, but then I thought it might be difficult unless they share a type. Then TL started releasing the new type habitats, and those would be perfect for holiday groupings.
PLEASE TL- Consider this idea. It would solve a lot of problems, including space, habitats, & animation overload.
Thanks, Annie ;)

snuggy95
08-03-14, 12:58 PM
Dear TeamLava, I am really upset with the lack of island space and habitat increase. And I refuse to pay 500 gold for a habitat to hold 4 dragons. I have been playing Dragon Story for 2 years and if nothing will be done about this problem there will be no way for me to continue playing. What's the point of breeding if you can't place any of the dragons. Selling any of my hard earned dragons is not an option. Everyone who is playing this game would defiantly agree with me. Your lack of replies and excuses are getting tiresome and annoying. Please do something to correct this problem so myself and the rest of the dragon story community wouldn't have to leave. Thank you.

jptheripper
08-03-14, 01:10 PM
I half agree. I have started selling commons. So, fire and forest (both epic) gone. So i cannot quest.

awwsumm posting 322 displayed proves the animations are not the issue.

snuggy95
08-03-14, 04:42 PM
Selling common dragons means that you lose those in your collection. And if you want them back again you would have to feed and evolve all of them again. That would be a waste of time, money, and food. What's the point of doing so if TeamLava keeps on releasing new dragons every single week! I would say that all this is a scam to make us pay real money for gold to get the 500 gold habitats.....-.- btw they stopped having those contests to see who would win gold. They we're fun and now TeamLava are becoming really cheap and unfair.

astampf9
08-03-14, 06:05 PM
I mean, yeah, I hate to say it, but you might be right snuggy95. Without really meaning too awsumm discredited their response to this about the animations being an issue. Awsumm clearly found a way to host all the dragons in the island ( but for an expensive price). They barely respond to anyone on this thread, but the second awsumm posted his way to host all the dragons (which involved spending money) they were quick to thank him. Honestly it seems kinda shady, TL, I don't want to believe this is your real intent, we want to believe you care about the gamers and not just about getting as much money from us as you can. Can we get some sort of response? Tell us your working on it, something, if these accusations are false, tell us that! Otherwise your going to have a lot of angry gamers on your hands.

chalupa2030
08-03-14, 06:30 PM
Without really meaning too awsumm discredited their response to this about the animations being an issue. Awsumm clearly found a way to host all the dragons in the island ( but for an expensive price). They barely respond to anyone on this thread, but the second awsumm posted his way to host all the dragons (which involved spending money) they were quick to thank him. .

I disagree. I don't think TL is now ignoring pleas because a player showed us what was always right in front of us in the first place.

I just don't see it.

And with all due respect I resent the fact that you would say what you have. Do you think your words will make her feel good when all she was trying to do is help us? Now this theory of yours is out there.

Shame on you.:(

igames4me
08-03-14, 06:32 PM
I mean, yeah, I hate to say it, but you might be right snuggy95. Without really meaning too awsumm discredited their response to this about the animations being an issue. Awsumm clearly found a way to host all the dragons in the island ( but for an expensive price). They barely respond to anyone on this thread, but the second awsumm posted his way to host all the dragons (which involved spending money) they were quick to thank him. Honestly it seems kinda shady, TL, I don't want to believe this is your real intent, we want to believe you care about the gamers and not just about getting as much money from us as you can. Can we get some sort of response? Tell us your working on it, something, if these accusations are false, tell us that! Otherwise your going to have a lot of angry gamers on your hands.

Assumm being able to place all dragons with no animation issues and crashing may be because he/she and those visiting the Island have the newer apple devices.
But has anyone having a more outdated apple device or an android device visit that island? And not have any crashing?

Maybe tl is right about the animations being on issue on some devices.

astampf9
08-03-14, 06:46 PM
It could be, but why do they ignore us as often as they do? That's what's really frustrating. Chalupa, meant no offense to awsumm, "what was always right in front of us in the first place" costs 900 dollars. That's great if you guys have that kind of money, but a lot of us don't, if we did, this thread wouldn't exist.

chalupa2030
08-03-14, 06:50 PM
It could be, but why do they ignore us as often as they do? That's what's really frustrating. Chalupa, meant no offense to awsumm, "what was always right in front of us in the first place" costs 900 dollars. That's great if you guys have that kind of money, but a lot of us don't, if we did, this thread wouldn't exist.

Ok. I'm sorry if I was a witch. I see your point:)

snuggy95
08-03-14, 06:58 PM
I think the appropriate way to go is to make it FAIR for everyone. This "issue" that TeamLava is reporting may be true for SOME people if none at all. In my opinion if there is an issue, TL shouldn't have no problem correcting and shouldn't take this long to do so. Now about fitting all the dragons in is just ridiculous for that kind of money. This is just a game and to put all that time and effort in to it is just not worth it. What would make a difference that TL would notice is for us just to stop playing completely. Maybe not playing and not replying on there forums will send them a message that we completely give up on there games and THEN they will do something about it. I wonder what TL would say about that!

jim23cash
08-04-14, 06:47 AM
awsumum found a way to fit all her Dragons on the island(s) at once, but she lost any chance at individuality. If there is just one way to do it, and everyone in this position has to do it that way, why bother giving us any choices at all? We will end up with a bunch of islands that all have the same set up. How boring is that? And, she had to get rid of her Diamond Fields, which is where you can make enough money to pay millions of coins for habitats.
TL told us at one point that there WERE enough spaces for all Dragons, or that they intended for there to be enough. We were the ones that said we didn't have enough room. The most recent post is about animations for all 10 levels of over 300 Dragons causing issues on some phones. I believe this is true. I played on an iphone3 when I started, and I had trouble with my phone crashing when I visited my higher level neighbors. As soon as I upgraded to an iphone4, the problems stopped. I'm sure that everyone in the world that plays can't always afford the latest version of phone.
Anyway, I'm grateful to Awsumum for showing us that it is possible. I have a similar set up, I just believe that we ought to be able to have any types of habitats that we want, including Diamond Fields.
I'm going to hold out for a habitat increase, and hope that it comes sooner rather than later.

jim23cash
08-04-14, 06:54 AM
DEVELOPERS: Please, Please, Please make it possible to move eggs from crafting at spell shop directly into storage! I don't want to miss out on crafting one while it's available, but if I do it now, I either have to leave it in the spell shop, which ties that up; or I have to put it on a nest, which ties that up. I already have 2 of my nests tied up with homeless eggs. I sold a habitat and used my stables already to clear off 3 of the nests so I could participate in the world event. I don't want to fill them all up again.
Thank you, :) Annie

astampf9
08-04-14, 07:06 AM
The only way of doing it is spending a lot of money. TL probably is taking their time with the habitat increase because they want people to have to spend as much money as possible. It would also explain why they seldom respond to us if at all, because if they just went out and said that, it would make them look greedy and selfish. That may not be the only reason, there probably is some truth to the issue with older devices, however I think them wanting to make more money has at least something to do with it. Can't say I blame them completely, I just can't afford it, I do buy gold occasionally, but not as much as I'm sure other people do.

jim23cash
08-04-14, 09:57 AM
The only way of doing it is spending a lot of money. TL probably is taking their time with the habitat increase because they want people to have to spend as much money as possible. It would also explain why they seldom respond to us if at all, because if they just went out and said that, it would make them look greedy and selfish. That may not be the only reason, there probably is some truth to the issue with older devices, however I think them wanting to make more money has at least something to do with it. Can't say I blame them completely, I just can't afford it, I do buy gold occasionally, but not as much as I'm sure other people do.
Of course they want to make money, they have to pay the people that work there. There's nothing wrong with that.
And I have spent plenty of money, I really don't think that is what this is about.
It never hurts to ask nicely, either. :)

astampf9
08-04-14, 11:32 AM
I agree, like I said I can't completely blame them. However, I gotta believe they make plenty of money without having to force people to spend money just to continue playing the game, that's what rubs people the wrong way. That and the lack of responses to the gamers, that's a big pet peeve of me and I'm sure a lot of others. We've asked Annie, over on and over again, if you don't believe me just look at this thread. This happens every couple months, and there doesn't seem to be any kind of plan to change this. I don't mind spending money when I have it since I enjoy playing the game so much, but it's just too expensive to upgrade the habitats, and I'd rather spend my money on fun things like speeding up breeding so I can get a dragon I want quicker, using gold to skip a battle I can't get past, stuff like that.

jim23cash
08-05-14, 10:49 AM
I agree, like I said I can't completely blame them. However, I gotta believe they make plenty of money without having to force people to spend money just to continue playing the game, that's what rubs people the wrong way. That and the lack of responses to the gamers, that's a big pet peeve of me and I'm sure a lot of others. We've asked Annie, over on and over again, if you don't believe me just look at this thread. This happens every couple months, and there doesn't seem to be any kind of plan to change this. I don't mind spending money when I have it since I enjoy playing the game so much, but it's just too expensive to upgrade the habitats, and I'd rather spend my money on fun things like speeding up breeding so I can get a dragon I want quicker, using gold to skip a battle I can't get past, stuff like that.

I am one of the regular contributors to this thread. I have been since Halloween, when I ran out of habitats, filled up all my nests and had a large number of eggs in storage. I also read all of the submissions by other players and by TL Moderators and Employees. I believe they have a legitimate problem, therefore I have been joining with other community members to suggest possible solutions to the problems. I believe that giving them information about what our specific stats are(# of, have stable?,# of nests?, # if any on nests, # if any in stable, # if any in storage, have large habitats?, etc.) is useful to them in planning increases because they have told us it is helpful. They don't reply to these forums very often, and I have on occasion specifically asked them to give us some sign that they have heard us. If you read all the posts in the thread, you will know that they did just respond recently with a pretty specific response as to what the problem is. That is why the ideas posted recently have mostly dealt with ways to address that problem. However, I am not a programmer or developer, and don't truly know if any of the ideas are helpful or even possible.
I believe that being positive is helpful. I spend a lot of time trying to compose posts that are meaningful, helpful, positive and even emotional, because I really appreciate this game. I find it really disappointing when I spend the time to make an empassioned plea, only to have people immediately post a bunch of "They are only doing it for the money" posts or a bunch of angry or negative posts. I am sincere in offering feedback and ideas. I wish more people would offer ideas.
And I think people need to get over the money thing. This company offers free games with ways to spend money to enhance gameplay. The majority of the posts I've read when people talk about spending money have some people proudly proclaiming that they have never spent money on these games and never will. Well, if we all did that, there would be no more free games! They are a business, it is their obligation to make money to pay expenses.
This is not a big conspiracy to force us to spend money. We can't buy more habitats if we want them! I have said that I would willingly spend gold for more 4 Dragon habitats. I have been asking them to offer that as an option for all new habitats. I will probably buy one of the new Olympus habitats for gold if they give us more habitats anytime soon.(and if they are still available)!
I guess I'm trying to say, I'm writing to the Developers, in hopes that they will find anything useful. Don't feel like you need to "Enlighten" me on what's "really happening". I feel adequately informed.
I want to help find a long term solution. Thanks, Annie

freshfunin2008
08-05-14, 11:15 AM
It looks like this game has maxed out and until TL figures a solution people will stop playing due to the programing issues. Well I am sure it was fun for some while it lasted.......

chalupa2030
08-05-14, 11:36 AM
I was afraid of this. It has to end for us sooner or later, right? I mean DO games end eventually? DS is my first.

Annie!! Empty your PM box, woman!

astampf9
08-05-14, 11:53 AM
Annie, I agree to extent, and you may be right about their being a legitimate problem. As for your "And I think people need to get over the money thing. This company offers free games with ways to spend money to enhance gameplay. The majority of the posts I've read when people talk about spending money have some people proudly proclaiming that they have never spent money on these games and never will. Well, if we all did that, there would be no more free games!" Well I'd gladly pay 1.99 or even 5.99 for dragon story instead of installing it for free, if it meant that everyone can continue to play the game without spending any additional money. I have played this game pretty much since it was first available to download, and I've spent plenty of money on this game, I can't speak for everyone, but I don't have a problem spending money within reason. Not all of us can afford to spend 20 dollars everytime they need to upgrade a habitat, it's not a matter of will, it's a matter of it being too expensive for me to afford. I can only justify spending so much money on this game, and when I do spend money on it, I'm more inclined to do so when it contributes to getting a new dragon more quickly. You say we don't give enough helpful suggestions, well here's one, instead of needing 500 gold to upgrade the habitats make it for coins instead, at least until they solve this problem their having. This won't help everyone, there are some of you out there who were able to spend the 900 dollars to upgrade every habitat and still need more habitats to continue playing, but a majority of the dragon story players don't have that many dragons yet. I'm a collector, and I still don't have quite that many. I think TL would find that people are going to stop playing altogether because there unwilling to spend the 20 dollars for the habitat upgrade, however, if you make that not about money, they'll go back to playing and spend their money on speeding up breeding and skipping battles and things of that nature.

granzen4
08-05-14, 07:17 PM
My habitat limit is now at 99.

igames4me
08-05-14, 07:28 PM
My habitat limit is now at 99.

Yes thanks tl

Now people don't get all your dragons out of storage because this is an ongoing problem every month.

awsumum
08-05-14, 08:50 PM
Thankyou TL, for increasing habitat limit :) it's very much appreciated as with the new Olympus style dragons, I had run out of places :) thankyou again

jim23cash
08-05-14, 10:24 PM
Thank you for the increase. I guess it was 5 this time, because after placing the two Olympus habitats I had 3 spaces left. The new Treasure Dragon took one, and that left two spaces for all the remaining Dragons in storage.
I don't believe it will leave me much (if any) room to breed new ones.
I really appreciate the increase, but would like to suggest again that you consider making Dragons and Habitats storable. I would like to be able to set up areas for each of the world events, and I would like to be able to decorate seasonally as well.

I feel like this would address many of the issues, and allow continued play for those of us who have maxed out.
Thanks for your attention to this ongoing issue. ;) Annie

Oliver118
08-05-14, 10:54 PM
Well looks like the previous thread has now reached 100 pages. Starting up a new thread for constructive feedback on needing more habitats!

Part I (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?38123-More-Habitats-Update!!-NOW-84!&p=344101&viewfull=1#post344101) - Where you can read prior posts!

For the Diamond Habitats, they should do what they're doing in Fantasy Forest, which is make big Diamond Habitats!

kkdble49
08-06-14, 09:02 AM
Many thanks TL for the habitat increase! It came just in the nick of time!

I would love to see a large diamond habitat soon.

astampf9
08-06-14, 10:39 AM
This does help a little. Obviously it's still an issue because if it wasn't they would have increased it by 10.
Thanks though. This should allow me to continue playing again for a month maybe, and maybe by then they'll have solved the problem. Hopefully being able to expand again is next.

snuggy95
08-07-14, 08:12 AM
Thanks for increasing the limit but there is NO WHERE TO PUT THEM! I'm all out of island space so please add more space!!!!! What's the point of increasing the limit if you have no room!

freshfunin2008
08-07-14, 08:40 AM
I would like to thank all those that begged for weeks for the increase. There is no reason to thank TL. They caused the problem.

meoconlunar
08-07-14, 09:31 PM
Pls add more spaces to place habitats, thanks

abest69
08-12-14, 05:56 PM
All I can say is............... STONE and Dino habitats only can hold 3 dragons, yet both have 4 dragons, so I have to keep them in storage. All I want is an upgraded habitat for these that can hold them all. currently at 98 habitats so I can't add another 2 and with all the newer dragons being released.......

Sumercarefree
08-12-14, 11:43 PM
These days we have to keep some dragons in storage and kick out the common dragons first ;)
Glad my Diamond dragons can now keep their nests, if not, I have to throw them in the streets.

I am starting to kick out quite a few of the so called "Super rare" ones.