PDA

View Full Version : Controlling Which Counter Finished Food Is Placed On?

HelloAnnieSmiles
05-25-14, 10:55 AM
Hello Bakers!

Is there a way to control which counter the finished food is placed on? I would like to set up part of my restaurant as baked goods and part as coffee/drinks, but I notice that the finished food is not necessarily distributed to the nearest available counter. I've tried a few different tests, but as far as I can tell, it seems like food goes from the oven to a randomly selected counter. Has anyone experienced this? Or, better yet, has anyone cracked the code?

Thanks in advance for your help! I've been playing the game for about 1 week now, and I've been searching for the answer to this question on Google and in the forums. I haven't seen it addressed, but please forgive me if it has been.

Also, please feel free to add me as a neighbor. I'm a 4 star tipper, and I respond to requests often: HelloAnnieSmiles

MsBrookeNicole
05-25-14, 11:52 AM
Unfortunately, there's no way to control which counter the food is placed on at the moment. It's all random.

We've been requesting that they make a way for us to control counters for a while, but nothing yet. Maybe some day.

HelloAnnieSmiles
05-25-14, 12:06 PM
Aw, shucks! I do hope this an update to the game in the future. It would be so great to be able to create sections. Thanks so much for your quick response, MsBrokeNicole! Happy baking. :)

maguar
05-25-14, 03:09 PM
I think it is based on whether the counter is clear and when the counter was put out compared to the other counters. So if I put out counters (in this order) A, B, and C the food would go to A, then B and then C. If A still had food on it the next lot of food would go onto B.

If you want to control what food goes on what counter store all the empty counters that you don't want it to go on. Place you're food and it will go onto the counter you left. You can then put back your other counters.

HelloAnnieSmiles
05-26-14, 02:51 PM
@maguar: I think you may be onto something here. I am suspecting the first counter you place in your restaurant (Let's call it Counter A) will always get the food first. If it's not available, it moves to the 2nd oldest counter (Counter B) and so on. I rarely have counters that are completely empty, so storing the empty ones to control the food distribution would mean wasting food for me. However, the next thing I want to test is: If Counter A is stored, does it lose it's place as the oldest counter? When it is placed again, does it become the newest (Counter Z)? If this is the case, you could just place certain foods first to control the counter distribution.

In the end, it would be SO much easier if we could tap to finish the food and then tap which counter we'd like it to go to. Dreams! :)

LavaRain8
05-26-14, 06:41 PM
Yeah, that would be easier since you can do that in Fashion Story where you can just place the items on a certain rack or table.

But I guess all you would need to do now is to just let the food get sold that's currently on the counters, cook entirely different food so that it doesn't add more to them (preferably recipes with high cooking times) and then try out Maguar's suggestion of storing empty counters to then control the "chaos".

EnchantedCastle
05-26-14, 11:02 PM
That's my finding as well. Food will go to the oldest placed counter first. Storing an old counter will make it lose it's place.

If you play restaurant story, it's the same thing there, and it will be easier to test it in RS since the counters clear out pretty fast.

mollybrown0
05-27-14, 12:27 AM
I tried this with my bakery and I noticed similar things too, the food did seem to go to the oldest placed counter first.

Theres a few things that annoy me with the counters, especially when there is two of the same food/drink taking up two counters. It would be so much better to be able to choose the counter to put food on. And it would make a lot of players more happy. :)

myndisue
06-05-14, 12:58 PM
It does put the food on the "older" counter. I've had multiple servings of the same food on different counters. When it needs to condense them to just one, it's always the counter that's been out for the longest time.