PDA

View Full Version : Eggs - Change drop rate

3Dolphin2013
05-25-14, 01:41 AM
Hey all,

I don't know if the TL team will read all pages of the new quest.
That's why I decided to post this.
No looooong stories about how many times you tries etc.
With posting here you want more eggs and soon!
Please!

Who agrees with me? :cool:

3Dolphin2013
05-25-14, 02:42 PM
81 views and no replies yet?
I thought quite few people are not happy.
I guess I was wrong then *confused* :confused:

55lee55
05-25-14, 03:00 PM
No to changing drop rates. That is my opinion but maybe not what you wanted?

SpiritWind00
05-26-14, 05:51 AM
81 views and no replies yet?
I thought quite few people are not happy.
I guess I was wrong then *confused* :confused:

I'm pretty sure that most people would love for the drop rate to be better. I'm up to adventure 28. I imagine you're not getting many responses because the main thread is the best place for it. I can guarantee that TL well Maguar at least, is reading every post. She's really good like that.

Don't be disappointed about the response rate here, everyone is busy keeping up with the main thread. The random factor is part of the theme for timed quests which we all appreciate is different for everyone. Don't know why, can't explain it, wouldn't know where to begin. The trick is to just go with the cards you're dealt and keep plugging away as best you can with the resources you have. Cheers!

shambalaya
05-26-14, 06:05 AM
I don't want the drop rate to change actually... I mean yes, part of me does - the part that says me what I want NOW! But it's the challenges and the frustrations that keeps me hooked on the game. When things are too easy, you end up not caring as much... And it's a great lesson of life, things are not always fair, you can't have everything all the time, but you have to keep up the good spirit!

Disclaimer: I did quit dragon story over this issue

Chaotarch
05-26-14, 08:19 AM
I don't want the drop rate to change actually... I mean yes, part of me does - the part that says me what I want NOW! But it's the challenges and the frustrations that keeps me hooked on the game. When things are too easy, you end up not caring as much... And it's a great lesson of life, things are not always fair, you can't have everything all the time, but you have to keep up the good spirit!

In my opinion the droprate is okay.
I get flare and matrix in the first ten adventures, so i am happy.

But than, in hope to get bijou, i read the message "you cant hold more eggs" ( 2 more pyre and 1 matrix ) that is really frustrating :mad::mad:
For this ressource-burning you should get the last egg, before this message pops up - thats my personal wish for the next event like this:rolleyes:

knuffel19
05-26-14, 09:10 AM
I actually wish there was some guarantee. I would buy gems if I knew I could get the eggs at the end of it, not just outright buying them, that feels like *****ing, but say after 10 you get one, 15 the other etc. now I could end up eggless even if I threw gems at it and I don't like that.

I do love the timed stuff, but only if there is still the option to get the same result but with more work involved as is currently with the hatching. I think that is a great change to the events, just wish I didn't have the nagging feeling i am going to end up with one egg and that is despairing and spoiling the storyline somewhat.

CottageRose
05-26-14, 02:45 PM
It would be nice though, if people had a limited time option after June 1 to buy the dragons, like the earlier limited time quests for pink Alicorns.

doobievilla
05-26-14, 03:20 PM
It would be nice though, if people had a limited time option after June 1 to buy the dragons, like the earlier limited time quests for pink Alicorns.

U can buy them right now.. at least the eggs.. prolly gonna be cheaper to do that now then later.. but thats assuming they are buyable after which i seriously doubt they will be,,

ryusei745
05-26-14, 03:49 PM
i dont think they should change the drop rate. its supposed to be difficult, they cant make any money if they give everything away. I'll admit to buying gems for this event. havent spent most of them yet though, saving them in case i dont get my third dragon

CottageRose
05-26-14, 04:14 PM
U can buy them right now.. at least the eggs.. prolly gonna be cheaper to do that now then later.. but thats assuming they are buyable after which i seriously doubt they will be,,
The same was true with the pink Alicorns. You could buy them during the quest AND for a couple weeks afterward.

Random eggs means no matter how hard some people try, they won't get the dragon eggs they want. And not everybody can buy gems every day of the week. I know people who live on a very tight budget, and $5 is a big deal to them and not always available. Others may be prevented from playing as much as they would like, due to hospitalizations, family emergencies or work demands.

All I'm saying is that it would be nice if there was an option for those may not be able to buy the eggs by June 1 if they can't earn free eggs through hard work by then - just like TL has made the option available before. More options are always better, giving people choices as to which option best fits their particular circumstances.

Seriously700
05-27-14, 09:14 AM

To be more precise, you can buy the eggs right now for gems IF you are level 28 and above. That does exclude many, many active players

55lee55
05-28-14, 06:15 PM
To be more precise, you can buy the eggs right now for gems IF you are level 28 and above. That does exclude many, many active players

This is true. There are minimum requirements. Is this a problem? When I was at lower levels I had many new to me challenges that more experienced players had moved beyond before I even began playing. I suspect that there are minimum requirements because most players below the minimum may not have access to the items needed to complete the quest. Even with the minimum requirements some are finding themselves short on resources. Would it be fair to make this quest available to those who would have no possibility to complete it?

doobievilla
05-29-14, 03:45 PM
This is true. There are minimum requirements. Is this a problem? When I was at lower levels I had many new to me challenges that more experienced players had moved beyond before I even began playing. I suspect that there are minimum requirements because most players below the minimum may not have access to the items needed to complete the quest. Even with the minimum requirements some are finding themselves short on resources. Would it be fair to make this quest available to those who would have no possibility to complete it?

I think it would be very fair... they can complete it when they can.. Might have even caused more people to stick around knowing they have those to look forward to.. but I think those people now see a befuddled mess of frustrated players and that might put in their mind... this game is 2 much of hassle and less a challenge.

55lee55
06-02-14, 12:13 AM
I think it would be very fair... they can complete it when they can.. Might have even caused more people to stick around knowing they have those to look forward to.. but I think those people now see a befuddled mess of frustrated players and that might put in their mind... this game is 2 much of hassle and less a challenge.

Oh, sorry i misunderstood. i thought this was a timed quest. I quit reading the thread when it became so unwieldy to read so many posts so I was unaware that so many people left because they didn't meet the minimum requirements. That is indeed sad.