PDA

View Full Version : The XP/ level cap situation

Stueeeee
05-22-14, 01:23 PM
I was reading a previous closed thread about some long term heavily invested player having their XP cut by a large amount as they had cotton so high in XP they couldn't open the game. Ok I get u have to adjust these XP goals so that we can keep playing and earn XP, but for me personally I only used to play to get to higher levels as I competed with friends and u used to get rewards for levelling up.

But the response from forum staff was that TL used to downgrade level 100 people to 99 under special circumstances but now there's a more long term solution of 100,000,000 XP to level 100.....why not just make more levels!!!!!? Isn't that a real long term solution.

I have been playing for 3 years, and I was stuck at 96 then they made level 99 the cap and promised there would be more updates to the cap and rewards in a forum post called Level Up. I find it quite ludicrous that u expect people who have been pumping money into this game to keep paying when it's just been left in the same situation for over 3 years!

Please will anyone come up with answers as to whether they will EVER fix this? Many many other games can easily make 200 levels or more with adequate rewards to boot, but for u guys, u can't? My loyalty to this game would b back if they were to sort this out but I'm slowly resorting to other games and leaving this idle on my phone which is sad.
I Hope that future players of this game don't end up feeling like I do about this game and TL as a whole.

graciessweets
05-22-14, 01:50 PM
What's the point of a higher level? There is no end game or reward....

orleansparish
05-22-14, 05:07 PM
What's the point of a higher level? There is no end game or reward....

I agree. Once you reach level 72 when the last recipe is unlocked I think, the games levels are pointless. Unless reaching level 98/99 makes you feel all warm inside like you won a gold medal. Otherwise the game becomes about decorating and seeing all the cute and new recipes. Griping about being above 98 so people WONT be wowed is a waste of time and worry. Just my little one penny worth of opinion.

CuteTali
05-22-14, 05:16 PM
I don't see a point in having things like level 200 or 300 for that matter. Past a certain point, xp doesn't doesn't matter anymore, it's just to help get people started, so that by the time they get to 99, they are assumed to know how to play the game.

gabbysmom87
05-23-14, 01:05 AM
A lot of people like the accomplishment of leveling up just as some feel accomplished after redecorating or mastering (which in itself is levels). I don't mind either way personally but just my 2 cents. Hopefully, they'll make changes for players who want more levels.

bobbyrae
05-23-14, 04:34 AM
why not just make more levels!!!!!? Isn't that a real long term solution.
Seems like the most sensible thing to do. The players who were dropped down and who had xp taken from them have (most of them) quit. Oh well.

graciessweets
05-23-14, 08:49 AM
I'm just confused how a level on a game makes one feel accomplished. Its not real life....maybe that intense focus could be put to better use, just saying ;-)

natalienat518
05-25-14, 05:11 AM
Seems like the most sensible thing to do. The players who were dropped down and who had xp taken from them have (most of them) quit. Oh well.

I agree. I can't imagine those of us being dropped down from level 100 as a result of these TL's system 'incapacity'. 0__0

ozoz12
05-25-14, 05:51 AM
I'm just confused how a level on a game makes one feel accomplished. Its not real life....maybe that intense focus could be put to better use, just saying ;-)

The question is why they have XP in the first place? Like what you said it is ok for TL to remove all your hard earn XP to zero? That's what they did to Jenny/Camille. Just like Gabbymom said it is an accomplishment for people like us if we can achieved to the next Level! At the end of the day all TL wants is maximize their earning for the company so why don't they
Create more level for those crazy players like myself n other players who passed the 10M XP continue to chase the level.
This will give us the motivation to play. They can set each level up by 10XP which is high but at least it is achievable!
Once again! TL don't bother to do that because they have their own vision and thought without the crazy players they still have plenty junior players will support them! LOL