PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 05/22/2014 EVENT: Infiltrate The Pyre Caverns

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

mreames
05-27-14, 08:43 AM
Hahaha you, me and most of the other with our OCD tendencies....but you are right....never give up, never surrender....(anybody see galaxy quest?). Ok maybe I'm a little punch drunk from lack of sleep. Go get those eggs.

Hahahaha and yes, Galaxy Quest came immediately into my mind as soon as I read it. ;) I confess to having actually seen it at the theater. Lol

Queenzod
05-27-14, 08:47 AM
No second egg on either game, nevermind the third egg. Well I shall keep going till resources run dry and at least I have one dragon so the game kept its word....

...but it still stinks boohoohoo!!

It *does* stink! I'm so tired and frustrated with this! I don't usually complain about fairness because randomness does not equate to unfairness, but, really? Some people get all 3 eggs in 10 trips and others get multiples and some people are struggling with the basics after more than 40 trips. What's really ticking me off is the timed nature of this, coupled with random drops. If you're going to make it this hard, the least you can do is not make it timed!

Plus, I don't even know why I'm doing this anymore for a bunch of stuff I can get out of my regular dragons. I must be insane. Maybe I'll feel better if I go yell at the cat again. That's about as productive as working on this goal.

Dejected.

Beleriand
05-27-14, 09:01 AM
Hahahaha and yes, Galaxy Quest came immediately into my mind as soon as I read it. ;) I confess to having actually seen it at the theater. Lol

Ok then I will confess that I actualy own the DVD. I laugh every time I see that show....ok off topic I know I will move along.

mreames
05-27-14, 09:11 AM
Ok then I will confess that I actualy own the DVD. I laugh every time I see that show....ok off topic I know I will move along.

Ummmm.... I own the DVD too. :) after all, it is an important historical document! ;) I'm trying to think of a way to make it on topic but I can't. Lol other than its apropos to say never give up, never surrender.

my607
05-27-14, 09:21 AM
I'm running low on the sword had about 40 crafted before now I have 1 left. Living wood is still a problem after buying that living rood tree. I could go on and on.

bethmadison
05-27-14, 09:26 AM
I managed to do the 200 jewels (and other stuff, I was seriously short on iron ore) in two hours this morning. But only because I had saved 28? Troves. Those alone gave me probably 95 jewels. Got one from the jewellers, one from an iron rich rock and the last couple from the deep mines.

I thought it would take me a full two days to do so I was pleasantly surprised. I love this board for tips.

Still waiting on my Sparkling egg... Have gotten two pyre drops (at the same time so only one egg. And two Aquamarine's but I still hadn't hatched my first :(

Loving this goal but it is also the first time I've spent gems on a timed quest.

Oh an I got seeds from the glimmer wood tree this morning! But nothing from my four conservatories lol

Beleriand
05-27-14, 09:26 AM
Ummmm.... I own the DVD too. :) after all, it is an important historical document! ;) I'm trying to think of a way to make it on topic but I can't. Lol other than its apropos to say never give up, never surrender.

Hahahaha now I'm thinking about the movie and laughing....oh I need more sleep.....this "quest" is a not only a drain on all my resources I built up (which are non existent now) but it's doing funny things to my brain....everything seems funny (sleep deprevation at it's finest).

Seriously700
05-27-14, 09:29 AM
Just an update this morning from the losers club. I just got back my 40th adventure and no 3rd egg. This is getting more than tedious! I'm losing my sense of humor! Well, that, and my cat has started her old habit of peeing on the sofa again. Soooo irritated!

Oh I was hoping to hear better news about the third egg dropping. I was one of those who got their 2nd egg (ultramarine) on their 27th adventure, and was hoping to see a cluster of sparkly egg drops being posted soon.

I had been sending my knights pretty much continuously from both the barracks and castle but have had to slow down while I wait on seeds (ugh, just collected from my 4 conservatories and got no seeds). In the meantime, I'm doing a few polaris adventures. Total of 34 adventures, 2 eggs. Between mithril and seeds, I'm not sure I'll be able to go much past 40 trips if that's what's needed. And if my chances for the sparkly egg are that slim, I might be better off saving my mithril and other resources.

Anaboe
05-27-14, 09:29 AM
Anyone has alll 3 eggs? Expected to hear some good new, i just got the second egg, still a long way before finish all of the quest

I'm almost ashamed to say it, but I got all 3 eggs within 12-13 adventures: Pyre on my 3rd, the Sparkling on my 7th or 8th, and the Ultramarin in om 12th or 13th adventures. That includes the first adventure that couldn't drop an egg.

I started with almost no resources (1 dragon scale, 1 living wood), and got everything from luck (dragon scales, I don't have a dragon) and hard work (living wood, crafting in the potion shop).

To everyone: don't give up! You can do it! I wish you all the best of luck there is.

And remember, it's a game...

midgetsocks
05-27-14, 09:38 AM
I also got another manticore egg this weekend.
From the treasure trove?!

Beleriand
05-27-14, 09:39 AM
I thought it would take me a full two days to do so I was pleasantly surprised. I love this board for tips.
lol

Me too. I was pleasantly surprised how quick you can amass 200 jewels, it wasn't that bad at all.

ghjvcucjb
05-27-14, 09:41 AM
Morning update: 36 adventures no sparkly egg. Would be more but stuck doing Polaris adventure.

"look, I've only got one job. It may be stupid, but I'm going to do it!" Galaxy Quest will always be on my top 50 greatest movies of all time.

my607
05-27-14, 09:41 AM
Lucky you but I'm still missing sparkly egg. I got one egg on the first adventure out. But still hanging in there even though I low on resources.

kudukuda
05-27-14, 09:42 AM
... Wouldn't you know it, the day before the event started, I got to the part in the storyline where the faeries get mad at you and they say they are not going to drop anything from the faerie respite anymore. So that's one reliable source of seeds that I lost. I never thought having enough seeds would be a big deal, I feel like I was always maxed on those before. But I guess it is an awful lot of vital extract to keep going on adventures.

. ...

i actually have the same problem. At first i bought the armor, for at least two of every three adventures. Now i have polaris running in the keep and pyre in the barracks, so between my three conservatories and Ivy's and the garden, i get enough seeds to make two extracts a day.
I got my second egg on trip 18. I know thw theory around 27/28, but maybe it's a combination of days and adventures. So the third egg will drop anyday AFTER say day 6 or7, in cnjunction with any adventure after say 35. So those that have don 40 trips will only get a guaranteed drop tomorrow or the day after. Then again maybe my head is just full of....
Regardless, this is still fun. I wont have 200 gems for an egg, and wouldn't have used them even if i did. So i am tryinf not to get too caught up and enjoy.

midgetsocks
05-27-14, 09:42 AM
Anyone has alll 3 eggs? Expected to hear some good new, i just got the second egg, still a long way before finish all of the quest
I just got all 3 :)
First was pyre on the 8th or 9th adventure
Second was ultramarine on the 15th
Third was sparkling (just now) on the 19th :)
And I started with zero dragons and zero dragon scales, so when they're all hatched they'll be very nice additions :o

Beleriand
05-27-14, 09:47 AM
I'm almost ashamed to say it, but I got all 3 eggs within 12-13 adventures: Pyre on my 3rd, the Sparkling on my 7th or 8th, and the Ultramarin in om 12th or 13th adventures. That includes the first adventure that couldn't drop an egg. And remember, it's a game...

That's so great, so you have been spared this psycho thing of 40 plus quests....yes I have just sent out #38 and #39.....but it may be more since I lost track when I opening the tressure troves looking for jewels :)

Are you still sending knights out for the pyre quest or has your kingdom returned to normal?

woodlandlady
05-27-14, 09:51 AM
I am at the very sad point where having done over 27 adventures, I still only have the pyre egg, and I am now out of resources :-( mainly mithril. That's harder for me than the seeds, as at least there are ways to get the seeds. I do the jeweller exchange and the deep mines, level 5, but not having much luck and out of the resources for those too now. How is everyone getting their mithril? This is just too frustrating....

Beleriand
05-27-14, 09:52 AM
I just got all 3 :)
First was pyre on the 8th or 9th adventure
Second was ultramarine on the 15th
Third was sparkling (just now) on the 19th :)
And I started with zero dragons and zero dragon scales, so when they're all hatched they'll be very nice additions :o

Wow so cool and that was fast. Good for you. I'm still plugging away. I have two out of the three, still looking for the sparkly egg.

Seriously700
05-27-14, 09:53 AM
On the account with my son, we started with only 1 dragon scale (from a rainbow pot) so initially we didn't even try to do the pyre adventures. After reading the forum, I was encouraged by how many others seemed to start with 1 scale and got enough dropped by each adventure that they were able to obtain 1 or more eggs. So we skipped the first dragon armor for the cheaper 5 gem price, but got no dragon scales from the first adventure. Used our 1 scale for the next armor, but got no scales from that adventure either. Three more times we skipped - now for 8 gems each - and still no dragon scales dropping. Have a 6th adventure out, fingers crossed ... running low on gems, mithril and patience! Was really hoping to be able to swing 10 adventures and get at least one egg!

Beleriand
05-27-14, 09:54 AM
"look, i've only got one job. It may be stupid, but i'm going to do it!" galaxy quest will always be on my top 50 greatest movies of all time.

hahahahahahaha

glimmergate
05-27-14, 09:57 AM
Wow, over 100 new pages on this forum thread over the weekend. I don't know if I have time to read through this all - someone want to summarize for me any remaining major unanswered questions or concerns?

midgetsocks
05-27-14, 10:01 AM
Thank you Beleriand, but I've spent gems to compensate for missing resources, in the beginning for dragon scales,and toward the end for mithril, so spent maybe 85 total, about 28 or so per dragon averaged out. It's the same for me as the pink alicorn quest, was missing necessary resources there too and had to pony up if I wanted to participate.
One day there will be a quest when I have all resources available to continue for a few days, one day!

Theres time left still, I wish you well in your adventures:) :)
This quest makes me think it's supposed to drain our resources as towards the end I was also running out of living wood, whereas I started with 30, that went to zero towards the end and I was scrambling around for that one. But maybe that's another useless theory.. ;)
Again best luck to you and others still trying ~

mreames
05-27-14, 10:12 AM
Wow, over 100 new pages on this forum thread over the weekend. I don't know if I have time to read through this all - someone want to summarize for me any remaining major unanswered questions or concerns?

A lot of us tried to answer what we could as they came up so hopefully anything unanswered will be asked again. The only thing I saw that I wasn't 100% sure of was a question about a timed event like the Polaris adventure, say if it started on day 10, would the 2 day timed portion end at the end of the event and go straight to the trade or continue on passed the end of the event. I figured it would continue on but couldn't say for sure.

midgetsocks
05-27-14, 10:12 AM
What the heck, my deep mines didn't drop mithril throughout the event while I was adventuring, and just now one dropped a piece after the fact. *fingers crossed trying to tell myself it's not rigged*

mreames
05-27-14, 10:16 AM
Morning update: 36 adventures no sparkly egg. Would be more but stuck doing Polaris adventure.

"look, I've only got one job. It may be stupid, but I'm going to do it!" Galaxy Quest will always be on my top 50 greatest movies of all time.

LOL but she actually had 2 jobs. :) the most important job was to "look good"! :D Good luck on the sparkly egg! I was fortunate to have one drop in the wee hours of this morning on my other account. I had gotten the first 2 eggs on that one on the first 2 tries so I was getting concerned.

jaytrek25
05-27-14, 10:16 AM
Seeds don't seem to be dropping hardly at all anymore..... gee. Go figure. Another thing you need not dropping as often as it used to.

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-27-14, 10:17 AM
There was an issue with the deep sea adventure (or maybe it was the potion of gills to DO that adventure) being available only to lv 30 players while the quest is available to 28+..

girufel
05-27-14, 10:21 AM
I am at the very sad point where having done over 27 adventures, I still only have the pyre egg, and I am now out of resources :-( mainly mithril. That's harder for me than the seeds, as at least there are ways to get the seeds. I do the jeweller exchange and the deep mines, level 5, but not having much luck and out of the resources for those too now. How is everyone getting their mithril? This is just too frustrating....

Me too. 24 trips so far and only 1 egg. Drained of all basic ressources :-(

mreames
05-27-14, 10:22 AM
hahahahahahaha

I couldn't resist and sent a neighbor request.

mreames
05-27-14, 10:24 AM

I don't suppose you have the 4th shard and can craft mithril?

plby
05-27-14, 10:30 AM
Matrix dragon:
http://i58.tinypic.com/w8niwm.jpg

and Bijou:
http://i59.tinypic.com/2h578s6.jpg

They and the Flare dragon all give the same stuff as the regular orange dragon. I've gotten dragon scales, coins, coal and jewels from them this far.

katbtodd
05-27-14, 10:30 AM
It *does* stink! I'm so tired and frustrated with this! I don't usually complain about fairness because randomness does not equate to unfairness, but, really? Some people get all 3 eggs in 10 trips and others get multiples and some people are struggling with the basics after more than 40 trips. What's really ticking me off is the timed nature of this, coupled with random drops. If you're going to make it this hard, the least you can do is not make it timed!

Plus, I don't even know why I'm doing this anymore for a bunch of stuff I can get out of my regular dragons. I must be insane. Maybe I'll feel better if I go yell at the cat again. That's about as productive as working on this goal.

Dejected.

Your poor cat,.. Tell him he can come live with me..

katbtodd
05-27-14, 10:31 AM
Matrix dragon:
http://i58.tinypic.com/w8niwm.jpg

and Bijou:
http://i59.tinypic.com/2h578s6.jpg

They and the Flare dragon all give the same stuff as the regular orange dragon. I've gotten dragon scales, coins, coal and jewels from them this far.
I gotten armor both days well needed armor, may I say

knuffel19
Ugh I just spent over 60 gems speeding up instead of chopping the rock next to it. There goes my backup plan!

minndom
Do The unfinished tasks disappear after June 1st or will they remain if I have the egg but haven't hatched the dragon yet .

glimmergate
05-27-14, 10:32 AM
A lot of us tried to answer what we could as they came up so hopefully anything unanswered will be asked again. The only thing I saw that I wasn't 100% sure of was a question about a timed event like the Polaris adventure, say if it started on day 10, would the 2 day timed portion end at the end of the event and go straight to the trade or continue on passed the end of the event. I figured it would continue on but couldn't say for sure.

Yup, all of the quests after you get the eggs won't change once the event expires. You'll still have a chance to go on the Polaris adventure, and after that the trade if you didn't get enough Snow.

What the heck, my deep mines didn't drop mithril throughout the event while I was adventuring, and just now one dropped a piece after the fact. *fingers crossed trying to tell myself it's not rigged*

Not rigged, I promise. Just luck :(

Seeds don't seem to be dropping hardly at all anymore..... gee. Go figure. Another thing you need not dropping as often as it used to.

Seed droprate hasn't changed since the seed item was introduced to the game.
We don't lower droprates of items without notifying players, and we go through great pains to try and make sure we don't ever need to lower droprates of items at all.

There was an issue with the deep sea adventure (or maybe it was the potion of gills to DO that adventure) being available only to lv 30 players while the quest is available to 28+..

Whoa, you're right! The Potion of Gills is level 30 right now. We'll fix that right away. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

newzealander
05-27-14, 10:33 AM
Seeds has done it for me....30 adventures, and no sparkly dragon. Seeds are dropping almost as rarely as golden apples, and I am not spending more gems on this one. Congratulations to all who got all 3 dragons. It's just a shame that some of the long time players who have drained all their hard-earned resources may not get them.

A few days to go, and I won't give up. It would just be great to get more than 2-3 seeds a day to help with those last few attempts.

Beleriand
I couldn't resist and sent a neighbor request.

Accepted :)

dng1234
This may be somewhere but there's no way I can look through 100+ pages on my phone.

On part 6 for the bijou dragon: the golden apple that's needed... Does anyone know/remember the gem cost for the golden apple to continue on with the quest. Is it the same amout as in the trading post? I'm out of golden apples due to doing trades and will wait to get another if the cost is too much or you can't bypass with gems.

Thanks everyone!

dragon2046
05-27-14, 10:34 AM
There are some very unlucky people who have done many adventures to get no eggs. I have been fortunate enough to get two waiting on the sparkling egg. Running out of mithrel fast with doing nonstop adventures. May want to increase drop rate on eggs soon or run really good gem sales to help with all the frustrated unlucky players. Just a suggestion. Thanks for all your hard work. Love castle story.

mnjcafe
05-27-14, 10:40 AM
Just an update this morning from the losers club. I just got back my 40th adventure and no 3rd egg. This is getting more than tedious! I'm losing my sense of humor! Well, that, and my cat has started her old habit of peeing on the sofa again.

So if I'm reading this right, you already have two eggs, but you consider yourself part of the losers' club? Come on now. Remember, lots of people have zero eggs! Besides, you could never be a loser on these boards, QZ - you consistently win for some of the best and funniest comments around here. Good luck with getting your last egg and with your cat!

midgetsocks
05-27-14, 10:41 AM
Lovely pictures plby, especially Bijou.

plby
05-27-14, 10:42 AM
I gotten armor both days well needed armor, may I say

Armour is a nice drop, but it's still something the orange dragon drops too - seems these dragons give the same as the regular dragon, no special stuff. They do look nice tho, especially bijou :)

mreames
05-27-14, 10:44 AM
Whoa, you're right! The Potion of Gills is level 30 right now. We'll fix that right away. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

YAY! One would have thought I would have brought that up, too, since I'm affected by it. Lol

eepopp
05-27-14, 10:45 AM
Edit (maguar)

Matrix Dragon - Ultramarine Egg

7. Water Birthing

Hatch the Ultramarine Egg x 1
*Hatch Ultramarine Egg: Ultramarine Egg x 1, Forever Snow x 50, Lapis Lazuli x 15 (Magic Forge, 2mins)
* Feed the Baby Ultramarine Dragon x 2
Rewards: 370 Coins, 3 XP, Baby Ultramarine Dragon

http://i62.tinypic.com/2enb142.jpghttp://i62.tinypic.com/2ed1dso.jpg
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13556&d=1401070836

Matrix Dragon Inventory Card (Front/back) for reference:

http://i62.tinypic.com/rcvo7l.jpghttp://i62.tinypic.com/8xppur.jpg

mnjcafe
That's awesome! I hope dadspad is still reading and sees that the potion of gills thing is going to be fixed, he (or she) was so bummed.

NorthWoodsKingdom
?..Whoa, you're right! The Potion of Gills is level 30 right now. We'll fix that right away. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
Anytime, happy to help out. :)

mreames
05-27-14, 10:49 AM
Anytime, happy to help out. :)

Thanks from me, too! :)

dadspad
05-27-14, 10:52 AM
That's awesome! I hope dadspad is still reading and sees that the potion of gills thing is going to be fixed, he (or she) was so bummed.

Yep. Just need a gem sale to replace the 40 gems I spent skipping past that.

glimmergate
05-27-14, 10:53 AM
Yep. Just need a gem sale to replace the 40 gems I spent skipping past that.

Contact support@teamlava.com and explain the situation - they should be able to refund you, it was our error.

mreames
05-27-14, 10:57 AM
Contact support@teamlava.com and explain the situation - they should be able to refund you, it was our error.

Thanks, Glimmergate! I just started my potion of gills that had been locked. :)

Beleriand
05-27-14, 10:58 AM
Every time the game reloads right when I am in the middle of collecting I am reminded of that scene of the matrix when Neo sees the cat walk by again and says "deja vu"......one more hour left before The knights come back --- hopefully with something sparkly and egg like

midgetsocks
05-27-14, 11:00 AM
Not rigged, I promise. Just luck :(
Hi glimmergate that's what I'm telling myself! Now I have a chance to build up my supply again..
Wanted to reply also to say a big thanks for the earnable trade tickets through the ultramarine hatching process, you gals were reading my mind :) :) :)

Now I have to find it within my heart to part with 500,000 coins for sparkling hatching process. Thats about how many coins i have right now..Bijou egg may be staying in my inventory for a while.

Am I correct glimmergate in thinking that these dragon quests will never expire once we have the egg? Or do we have a certain amount of weeks/months?

glimmergate
05-27-14, 11:04 AM
Hi glimmergate that's what I'm telling myself! Now I have a chance to build up my supply again..
Wanted to reply also to say a big thanks for the earnable trade tickets through the ultramarine hatching process, you gals were reading my mind :) :) :)

Now I have to find it within my heart to part with 500,000 coins for sparkling hatching process. Thats about how many coins i have right now..Bijou egg may be staying in my inventory for a while.

Am I correct glimmergate in thinking that these dragon quests will never expire once we have the egg? Or do we have a certain amount of weeks/months?

They will never expire once you have the egg. The timed portions of the quests will expire if you don't complete them in time, but the quests themselves are designed so that even if you miss every timed portion, as long as you have the egg, you will be able to hatch it.

jaytrek25
05-27-14, 11:05 AM
We don't lower droprates of items without notifying players, and we go through great pains to try and make sure we don't ever need to lower droprates of items at all.

So it's just random that I would get seeds from various places most of the time and then all of sudden wouldn't get seeds from anywhere? And this random "less" of certain things always seems to correlate with whatever item is needed for the special quest that is going on. I've spent a little money on this game in buying gems, but it is quite upsetting when this happens. But it is even more upsetting when you try to deny it. We're not stupid.

midgetsocks
05-27-14, 11:06 AM
Thank you glimmergate.

Beleriand
05-27-14, 11:06 AM
Has anyone else been living their lives on three hour intervals since, shall we say 3 pm Thursday afternoon? Whoa my head is spinning.

Castloninian
05-27-14, 11:07 AM

If you can share it, I'd be interested in the droprate for the bijou egg? Adventures 32 and 33 underway now and I'm still waiting for that egg.

mreames
05-27-14, 11:12 AM

That's where I'm at, too, on my other account. I have about 600,000 though. But I happen to have 15 trade tickets I was saving up to upgrade my royal chateau to level 5. So I'm thinking I will begrudgingly part with the 15 trade tickets rather than be broke again. On this account I bought several of the trade ticket sales and only half of the $500,000 so I'll part with tickets here, too. It hurts but I have too many things to do that require money. Lol

my607
05-27-14, 11:16 AM
Does anyone have a habit of hurrying up the adventure to see if u have gotten the egg? Talk about losing sleep too I woke up twice to see if I got the egg this morning.

dolla525
05-27-14, 11:21 AM
Wish we had a cave kind home built for these cute dragons!! Im still waiting for the last egg.. And obviuosly waiting for the thursdays new update!!

mreames
05-27-14, 11:22 AM
Every time the game reloads right when I am in the middle of collecting I am reminded of that scene of the matrix when Neo sees the cat walk by again and says "deja vu"......one more hour left before The knights come back --- hopefully with something sparkly and egg like

Good luck getting that sparkly egg! But, no, no, no.... You can't bring up another movie! Lol but yes, there's a lot of deja vu all over again going on. :)

majic100
05-27-14, 11:27 AM
Not getting second egg.....its quite frustrating and boring now....

my607
05-27-14, 11:32 AM
I'm waiting here too for the bijou dragon. I think there's a lot of us waiting for eggs. I have been going nonstop at the pyre adv. I also have the barracks as well. It's taking way too long.

mreames
05-27-14, 11:34 AM
So it's just random that I would get seeds from various places most of the time and then all of sudden wouldn't get seeds from anywhere? And this random "less" of certain things always seems to correlate with whatever item is needed for the special quest that is going on. I've spent a little money on this game in buying gems, but it is quite upsetting when this happens. But it is even more upsetting when you try to deny it. We're not stupid.

I realize you're upset because timing is everything. I can say from my standpoint that I've experienced the opposite. I wasn't getting a lot of the drops that people normally got like armor and swords from knights hall, etc. , but then did start getting some at times I needed them. Had I been getting them before like everyone else I wouldn't have needed them as much. But then again I might have already used them for something else, too. Like I said, timing is everything and yes, it sucks when the dry spells happen when we need them most but I honestly don't think it's a conspiracy, just bad timing. Good luck, I hope it improves!

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-27-14, 11:36 AM
Wish we had a cave kind home built for these cute dragons!! Im still waiting for the last egg.. And obviuosly waiting for the thursdays new update!!
Lol, cute idea but dragons *already* have a home of sorts ... It's called the ROOST lol.. I just built them a pen outta treasure troves at mine. ;)

dadspad
05-27-14, 11:37 AM

Okay. Done.

dragon2046
05-27-14, 11:43 AM

If this quest runs until June 1st. Will there be a new update on Thursday this week? Does anyone know?

Beleriand
05-27-14, 11:53 AM
Does anyone have a habit of hurrying up the adventure to see if u have gotten the egg? Talk about losing sleep too I woke up twice to see if I got the egg this morning.

"Cough cough". I have been known to help it along when it's only one or two gems to speed up. But yes the first thing I think of in the morning is not what to get the kids for breakfast but -- I wonder if I got the egg this time.

Beleriand
05-27-14, 11:55 AM
Good luck getting that sparkly egg! But, no, no, no.... You can't bring up another movie! Lol but yes, there's a lot of deja vu all over again going on. :)

Hahaha ok ok no more movies.....but does that mean I can't talk about "The precious" sparkly egg?

glimmergate
05-27-14, 11:56 AM
If this quest runs until June 1st. Will there be a new update on Thursday this week? Does anyone know?

We won't be releasing new quests this thursday because we think folks will be plenty busy with the dragons. Plus, that was a huge update for us - we need some time to recover!

Beleriand
05-27-14, 11:59 AM
We won't be releasing new quests this thursday because we think folks will be plenty busy with the dragons. Plus, that was a huge update for us - we need some time to recover!

Oh thank goodness. I think we will all need time to recover after this one. Thanks for doing such a wonderful job, been enjoying this quest.....even when it gets bad it's still good.

kimberly0822
05-27-14, 11:59 AM
Am I the only one that finds the jewelry stores worthless when it comes to collecting jewels? 4hour wait time to collect 400 coin is REALLY frustrating! I usually just have them stored but needing upward of 300 jewels to complete these dragon quests I pulled them out. Out of about 30 collections I have received jewels about 3 times. I have better luck collecting dragon eggs. Just saying if it's a "jewelry" store, shouldn't it give you jewels? Jmo

dragon2046
05-27-14, 12:02 PM

Thank you. Definitely need time to rebuild the stash oh and sleep. Lol.

my607
05-27-14, 12:07 PM
Thanks Glimmergate great update. I need a rest and so does my iPad. Still no luck on sparkling egg. I think I do about 6 or more adv a day and still no egg. Yeah I only do it when there's 1-2 gems left to hurry up adv.

my607
05-27-14, 12:09 PM
I need to rebuild my inventory too. There's 90 jewels and silver needed for sparkling egg. I build 3 conservatory and they don't give u seeds all the time.

tromalyt
05-27-14, 12:19 PM
Frusty, frusty, frusty :mad:

I was planning to try this adventure the way it should be done, that's it, without looking at this forum for clues, and everything was going fine until I got my first egg. I completed the mission and I hatched it. It was a flare dragon, by the way, no problems with that. But in the mean time I have tried to get more eggs but no luck. I find making the sword very expensive, because of the mithril thing. It takes 2 days and 50 silver to get a piece. (I guess a mithril dragon will drop mithril but sadly I do not have any), but anyway, i was trying to research adamant so I had a dozen pieces, now all of them but a couple have gone. It seems to me that until you have hatched one egg and grow the dragon into an adult form you cannot be granted with another egg, that is my impression..

I kept trying anyway until I had my second egg, I was expecting one of the two I am missing but I got another pyre egg.

I do not what to do with it, there is no way to hatch it, I looked all over my kingdom but I couldn't find anywhere or any way to hatch it.

SO PLEASE, COULD ANY GRACEFUL SOUL TELL ME HOW CAN I HATCH MY SECOND PYRE EGG? MAY GOD PAY YOU WITH A LOT OF CHILDREN.

Sorry, but I am not reading the 150 plus pages of this thread, It would be nice if a person who has read them and know how to solve my problem post it here.

Thanks. ;)

Beleriand
05-27-14, 12:20 PM
I think I do about 6 or more adv a day and still no egg. Yeah I only do it when there's 1-2 gems left to hurry up adv.

I have spent more gems than I thought I would.....especially with the vital extract. Although that is better since I built more conservatories. I am still hoarding the gems just in case I have to do a last minute purchase of the final egg. That is my contingency plan. I will play as long as I can and if all else fails I will buy the egg for 200 gems. Buying it outright does not appeal to me I prefer the questing part of it.

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-27-14, 12:22 PM

I was planning to try this adventure the way it should be done, that's it, without looking at this forum for clues, and everything was going fine until I got my first egg. I completed the mission and I hatched it. It was a flare dragon, by the way, no problems with that. But in the mean time I have tried to get more eggs but no luck. I find making the sword very expensive, because of the mithril thing. It takes 2 days and 50 silver to get a piece. (I guess a mithril dragon will drop mithril but sadly I do not have any), but anyway, i was trying to research adamant so I had a dozen pieces, now all of them but a couple have gone. It seems to me that until you have hatched one egg and grow the dragon into an adult form you cannot be granted with another egg, that is my impression..

I kept trying anyway until I had my second egg, I was expecting one of the two I am missing but I got another pyre egg.

I do not what to do with it, there is no way to hatch it, I looked all over my kingdom but I couldn't find anywhere or any way to hatch it.

SO PLEASE, COULD ANY GRACEFUL SOUL TELL ME HOW CAN I HATCH MY SECOND PYRE EGG? MAY GOD PAY YOU WITH A LOT OF CHILDREN.

Sorry, but I am not reading the 150 plus pages of this thread, It would be nice if a person who has read them and know how to solve my problem post it here.

Thanks. ;)

Quick answer?...you can't hatch a second pyre egg cuz the quest to do so no longer exists once you hatch the first.
...and no thanks, don't want kids lol.

my607
05-27-14, 12:26 PM
I just wished the egg will get here in time. If I don't get this last egg I'm not going to bother with buying it. I rather spend money on clother or shoes. I will find out in 3hrs.

tromalyt
05-27-14, 12:28 PM
Thanks, 6 babies for you. :P

So, can I get another egg while I still have this pyre egg?

It seemed to me that no matter how many times I try to get another egg, I wasn't possible for me to get another until the first one was hatchet and converted into a grown up dragon.

mreames
05-27-14, 12:29 PM
Hahaha ok ok no more movies.....but does that mean I can't talk about "The precious" sparkly egg?

Hahahaha always allowed! I hope the "precious" egg comes soon!

cad33
05-27-14, 12:31 PM
I'm glad I started saving up on my catfish. I had 6, when I got my first egg. As I had burned myself down to 0 water... I figured, no problem, I should be able to get 4 catfish by the time I get 100 water. Nope. Only got 3 catfish. I only collect from my 2 ponds and the Swampy Pond (plus the Troll buildings which sometimes drop fish).

Here is hoping for the other 2 eggs and another catfish!

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-27-14, 12:33 PM
Thanks, 6 babies for you. :P

So, can I get another egg while I still have this pyre egg?

It seemed to me that no matter how many times I try to get another egg, I wasn't possible for me to get another until the first one was hatchet and converted into a grown up dragon.

*throws babies back in your lap* LOL

MANY people are making MANY trips to get the other eggs...they're hard to get!
Having one dragon grown or one egg hatched or any of a number of scenarios is NOT required to get the other eggs...the only thing required is doing more pyre cave splunking! Lol

Beleriand
05-27-14, 12:36 PM
I just wished the egg will get here in time. If I don't get this last egg I'm not going to bother with buying it. I rather spend money on clother or shoes. I will find out in 3hrs.

Yikes you mean this THE last one. Oh boy, then I will cross my fingers and my toes for you......and when I sit down I'll cross my legs :). Good luck and let us know what they come back with.

TucsonJudy
05-27-14, 12:39 PM
Once AGAIN...an UNFAIR quest! I've depleted ALL resources, as i'm sure a lot of people have. WHY does it have to be timed if it is so difficult to get the eggs????There should be another way to collect seeds. I'm about to give up on the quest & the game all together. Random drops are NOT right or fair!!

Beleriand
05-27-14, 12:40 PM
[MAY GOD PAY YOU WITH A LOT OF CHILDREN[/B]

OMG is that a blessing or a curse.......I ask only because i am a full time homeschooling mom and some days I'm not sure either :eek:

hiopztj
05-27-14, 12:47 PM

I think a lot of people would like to know more about the droprates of the eggs. Just that we know if we only think that we have no luck, if we really have no luck or if we actually have very bad luck.

And thanks for all your wonderful work!

marrrina
05-27-14, 12:54 PM
Once AGAIN...an UNFAIR quest! I've depleted ALL resources, as i'm sure a lot of people have. WHY does it have to be timed if it is so difficult to get the eggs????There should be another way to collect seeds. I'm about to give up on the quest & the game all together. Random drops are NOT right or fair!!

I'm running low on resources for the dragon armor and sword to visit the Pyre Caves. *sigh

vizbiz11
05-27-14, 12:56 PM
Hahaha you, me and most of the other with our OCD tendencies....but you are right....never give up, never surrender....(anybody see galaxy quest?). Ok maybe I'm a little punch drunk from lack of sleep. Go get those eggs.

That's so funny! I've been quoting the motto from Galaxy Quest this whole time. I think it worked, as I have all 3 eggs. I'm still channeling Malthezar and will continue to search for more eggs and troves. :)

Queenzod
05-27-14, 01:07 PM
So if I'm reading this right, you already have two eggs, but you consider yourself part of the losers' club? Come on now. Remember, lots of people have zero eggs! Besides, you could never be a loser on these boards, QZ - you consistently win for some of the best and funniest comments around here. Good luck with getting your last egg and with your cat!

Thank you so much! I needed that! BTW, the losers club remark was a joke out of frustration. Just got back my 43rd trip. No third egg, so I'm back to complaining. :)

Now, maybe I'm not as stupid as I am ugly (lol), but my conservatories have dropped ONE seeds out of 16 collections today. What's up with that? I have really hit a wall here. I don't know if it's worth it to send out any more trips. I've already spent 100 gems speeding things along and no extra barrillium sphere for me. Trying to get these quotes in here without going completely off topic. Really, best movie ever! And the one that's the exception to the rule of "All Tim Allen movies are terrible."

I could do another dozen adventures before I run out of vital extract, but really, what's the point? Argh! Maybe I need to get out of the house a bit and take a break. Okay, back to the salt mines. They're miners, not minors!

Oh, and the cat still lives! My yelling at her consists of lots of hugging, which she hates, so it's kinda of like yelling. :)

Beleriand
05-27-14, 01:08 PM
Hahahaha always allowed! I hope the "precious" egg comes soon!

Me too.....soon soon soon

That's so funny! I've been quoting the motto from Galaxy Quest this whole time. I think it worked, as I have all 3 eggs. I'm still channeling Malthezar and will continue to search for more eggs and troves. :).

Hahaha too funny.....another "kindred spirit" ...... See mreames not a movie this time a book.....oh wait they made a movie out of that book, never mind :)

Beleriand
05-27-14, 01:11 PM
Thank you so much! I needed that! BTW, the losers club remark was a joke out of frustration. Just got back my 43rd trip. No third egg, so I'm back to complaining. :)

Now, maybe I'm not as stupid as I am ugly (lol), but my conservatories have dropped ONE seeds out of 16 collections today. What's up with that? I have really hit a wall here. I don't know if it's worth it to send out any more trips. I've already spent 100 gems speeding things along and no extra barrillium sphere for me. Trying to get these quotes in here without going completely off topic. Really, best movie ever! And the one that's the exception to the rule of "All Tim Allen movies are terrible."

I could do another dozen adventures before I run out of vital extract, but really, what's the point? Argh! Maybe I need to get out of the house a bit and take a break. Okay, back to the salt mines. They're miners, not minors!

Oh, and the cat still lives! My yelling at her consists of lots of hugging, which she hates, so it's kinda of like yelling. :)

So sad about the egg.......very glad about the cat......and yes best movie EVER. (well almost anyways)....I'm right behind you just sent out quest 40......hahhaha miners

silveryedges
05-27-14, 01:14 PM
I have just found this forum, right when the teaser started before this big event here.

You lovely people on here - Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and good advice. So much appreciated.

Without you I would never have gotten as far as I have. Mithril is non existent in my kingdom since day two of the adventure so I used to skip the blue blade thingy with the gems I saved from the purple cow and trying out other games. They are almost gone by now too, like most of my resources.

But I was lucky and received my pyre egg at around round 15 and now the aquamarine at round 30+.

So - like others have said before - never give up. The next egg could be coming with the next adventure. And I was only level 39 and turned level 40 during the egg hunt.

Thanks again. This place is great. And good luck to everyone out there!

Beleriand
05-27-14, 01:20 PM
I have just found this forum, right when the teaser started before this big event here.

You lovely people on here - Thank you so much
So - like others have said before - never give up. The next egg could be coming with the next adventure.

Thanks again. This place is great. And good luck to everyone out there!

You did mean ........never give up never surrender......right :)

ghjvcucjb
05-27-14, 01:22 PM
So sad about the egg.......very glad about the cat......and yes best movie EVER. (well almost anyways)....I'm right behind you just sent out quest 40......hahhaha miners

Miners NOT minors!!!!!

I'm glad there isn't going to be a new release this week. I keep waffling from impatient disappointment to whatever it's just a silly game back to impatient disappointment.

mreames
05-27-14, 01:39 PM
Me too.....soon soon soon

Hahaha too funny.....another "kindred spirit" ...... See mreames not a movie this time a book.....oh wait they made a movie out of that book, never mind :)

LOL I'm beginning to think we need a separate "Galaxy Quest" thread with all the great lines we're getting but at least it's lightening the mood somewhat from all the frustration. :D I'm kind of biding my time now, until I hatch the ultramarine egg, then I'll go back to adventuring to the pyre caverns, mainly to gather more troves but see if I can get lucky enough to get a 2nd ultramarine egg. I just sent out my first deep sea adventures on both accounts. I guess now is a good time to go digging through my DVDs. Lol

Dabag
05-27-14, 01:41 PM
Just got this & sharing : thought maybe you all would like to see the overview of all three quest lines (I know I did - thanks chrisa)

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Pyre%20Caverns%20Dragon%20Eggs/c25spreadsheeteggs1024x836-Copy.jpg

knuffel19
05-27-14, 01:41 PM
Omg, I got my third egg! Speeding up because I really wanted to go to bed and there it was! And just after I bought gems too... Oh well, now I can get that living wood tree I have been wanting for a while

FigmentValley
05-27-14, 01:42 PM
As TL stated - this quest was designed to challenge even the most advanced player with great stores of supplies. It is not designed such that every player will get every egg within the time frame without spending gold.

Let it play out. Who knows what you will get. That is where the fun lies. I'm dreadfully short on seed piles, but will "never give up, never".... Well, you know the quote.

After the bat, the reindeer, the pink Alicorn,.... Etc. etc etc., the rewards become far less important and the "doing" part becomes far more.

The fun of the GAME is in the trying, the doing or not. Take a deep breath. Relax. Let it happen as it will. Good luck, but keep smiling.....

mreames
05-27-14, 01:45 PM
Omg, I got my third egg! Speeding up because I really wanted to go to bed and there it was! And just after I bought gems too... Oh well, now I can get that living wood tree I have been wanting for a while

Congrats! :)

silveryedges
05-27-14, 01:46 PM
You did mean ........never give up never surrender......right :)

Ha! Yes, absolutely. Love that movie, too :) Must be the lack of sleep due to the alarm ringing in the middle of the night so I can welcome my knights returning from Polaris north. Well worth though. Never had so much fun with CS before. I love the challenge that is coming with a timed adventure. This seems to be getting out my fighting spirit. At the moment I am trying to lure mithril and seeds back into my kingdom with sheer power of positive thinking.

Plenty of eggs to all of you!

Edited to thank Dabang for that extremely helpful chart. Great.

midgetsocks
05-27-14, 01:52 PM
Omg, I got my third egg!
Congratulations, knuffel! :) I think I was right there with you in the beginning with no dragon scales to our names. Great job pulling through!

dragon2046
05-27-14, 01:59 PM
Waiting and waiting ......... My family believes I am obsess... No no... The might be right

Yes congrats! I finally got my third egg today just a little while ago. Low on all supplies down to 4 gems desperately need a gem sale. :). Good luck to all !

KasiaH30
05-27-14, 02:02 PM
I think we all need to take a deep breath and not get too frustrated with each other and that goes for myself as well. I still haven't found the last egg and am stuck on the water part for the second egg so I know it gets frustrating! We still have 5 days so lets not panic yet and lash out at people we are all here to help each other :)

zoo123g
05-27-14, 02:26 PM
wowwwwww so many posts on this update lol.

Missmooper
05-27-14, 02:29 PM
Hello, this event has encouraged me to finally get onto the forums, rather than just reading them (awesome resource by the way thanks storm8 and Team Lava for the heads up on the first page of this thread).

My question is, how many times do you need to feed the baby flare dragon from him to grow up? I've received a lot of Xp points but he is still a baby.

SpiritWind00
05-27-14, 02:32 PM
Hello, this event has encouraged me to finally get onto the forums, rather than just reading them (awesome resource by the way thanks storm8 and Team Lava for the heads up on the first page of this thread).

My question is, how many times do you need to feed the baby flare dragon from him to grow up? I've received a lot of Xp points but he is still a baby.

20. Feed every hour. When grown once a day (ish) collection.

Anaboe
05-27-14, 02:35 PM
I'm level 37, but I don't have a Potion of Gils in my shop, what do I need to do to unlock it?

And is it worth it to give the Baron the gold apple? I only have one and don't know if I should save it...

Anaboe
05-27-14, 02:42 PM
That's so great, so you have been spared this psycho thing of 40 plus quests....yes I have just sent out #38 and #39.....but it may be more since I lost track when I opening the tressure troves looking for jewels :)

Are you still sending knights out for the pyre quest or has your kingdom returned to normal?

My kingdom has returned to normal, I don't have enough resources to send out more quests, and am bussy with the Polaris-quest. Perhaps, when that's done, I send out one or two others, for the treasure troves: I never got any large diamond, so I hope the troves give me some.

maguar
05-27-14, 02:43 PM

Thanks. ;)

Hi tromalyt,

This is the relieve at bit from the first page.

Also, all 3 eggs drop independently of each other. Whether or not you have one does not affect your chances of getting the others.

So if you have an unhatched egg of one type it won't prevent you from getting an egg of a different type.

For long threads where you don't want to read the first page (to avoid spoilers) you can use the search thread functionality. When you're in the thread look at the tool bar under the thread name. Click on search this thread and you'll be promoted to put in your search term. This will bring back only the posts that meet the criteria you searched for.

GC5410
05-27-14, 02:49 PM
Got pyre egg on 1st attempt and ultramarine on 12th attempt, but can't get the elusive 3rd egg! Done 45 adventures now and still no sign of the 3rd egg :(

jtm101
05-27-14, 02:51 PM
On my 38th and 39th adventure to to Pyre Caverns now... yay �� Just looking for the last egg.

Petasos
05-27-14, 02:51 PM
If I have all three hatched dragons, is there really any reason to try and collect more eggs? I now have a second ultramarine egg and no way to hatch it. Is it the general opinion to stop the adventures as there is not way to hatch any additional eggs? Or is there some belief that TL will give us a way to hatch them at some time?

History tells us the dragons will be available to purchase for gems in the market after the event timer runs out. That is my opinion based on past events, that was never stated by TL anywhere. I just wanted to make that clear. That's what I think will happen, not that it will happen. Please do not misread my statement.

sjgz314
05-27-14, 02:56 PM
For anyone who has received the Ultramarine Egg...does the Polaris North Adventure remain in the Keep/Court after you go on the 4 adventures and/or the 2 days expires?

If anyone is curious, I began the quest on the first day and received the Ultramarine egg on my 24th adventure. Even though I was well prepared with stockpiles of many items, I didn't have any vital extract prepared and that will be my undoing. I might be able to do an adventure a day for the rest of the timed quest, but don't hold out hope to get the third egg. I think 2 of 3 is pretty lucky and will just be happy with that!

GC5410
05-27-14, 02:59 PM
For anyone who has received the Ultramarine Egg...does the Polaris North Adventure remain in the Keep/Court after you go on the 4 adventures and/or the 2 days expires?

If anyone is curious, I began the quest on the first day and received the Ultramarine egg on my 24th adventure. Even though I was well prepared with stockpiles of many items, I didn't have any vital extract prepared and that will be my undoing. I might be able to do an adventure a day for the rest of the timed quest, but don't hold out hope to get the third egg. I think 2 of 3 is pretty lucky and will just be happy with that!

No you get 4 adventures and that's it - you have to use exchange for the remaining snow you need.

eepopp
05-27-14, 03:02 PM

It disappears and the Polarian Trade opens up in the Royal Exchange for Forever Snow. Each trade will give you 4-6 Forever Snow, some Water and a Trade Ticket.

Once you hatch and pet/feed your Matrix Dragon twice, the Trade will disappear.

I actually put my baby Matrix dragon in storage (I did not tend it twice to complete the last quest), so that I can do the Polarian Trade repeatedly for Trade Tickets since (in my opinion) it's easier to trade Gingerbread Men and Hot Chocolate than doing the Milk/Eggs Trade.

eepopp
05-27-14, 03:07 PM
If I have all three hatched dragons, is there really any reason to try and collect more eggs? I now have a second ultramarine egg and no way to hatch it. Is it the general opinion to stop the adventures as there is not way to hatch any additional eggs? Or is there some belief that TL will give us a way to hatch them at some time?

If you have all 3 Dragons, the only reason to do more Pyre quests is to get eggs for souvenirs and get Treasure Troves that may rarely drop Large Diamonds and Expansion Permits.

Anaboe
05-27-14, 03:09 PM
I'm level 37, but I don't have a Potion of Gils in my shop, what do I need to do to unlock it?

And is it worth it to give the Baron the gold apple? I only have one and don't know if I should save it...

Anyone? I realy don't know why I have the Potion of Gills....

dng1234
05-27-14, 03:14 PM

Anaboe, how many gems does it say to skip the golden apple? I sent my last one out for trade a whole back and haven't had another one fall out of the tree yet. I don't want to continue on to the timed parts that require the GA if its a lot of gems or unskipable.

Or if someone else knows/remembers...

Thanks!

sjgz314
05-27-14, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Interesting theory...I suppose 15 each milk and eggs is easier than 40 and 25 for the Milk/Eggs trade. I was happy to find that the extra hot chocolate and gingerbread men from the holiday event could be used here. That will give me a leg up for the first of the adventures to Polaris. Of course, it means that I won't need all that chocolate I stockpiled. You can never have too much chocolate - at least in RL. I guess I'll just have to eat it all.

To keep the trade open, you just don't build the nest of snow, right? What's the max on forever snow?

GC5410

Are you at step 5 of hatching ultramarine egg?

BriarAvenue
Anyone? I realy don't know why I have the Potion of Gills....

Should be from previous adventure, forgot which one. The boar or Kuz.

BriarAvenue
05-27-14, 03:17 PM
Need help on the big diamonds. Another random drop thing?
I didn't get any from the adventure, n now is stuck!

GC5410
05-27-14, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Interesting theory...I suppose 15 each milk and eggs is easier than 40 and 25 for the Milk/Eggs trade. I was happy to find that the extra hot chocolate and gingerbread men from the holiday event could be used here. That will give me a leg up for the first of the adventures to Polaris. Of course, it means that I won't need all that chocolate I stockpiled. You can never have too much chocolate - at least in RL. I guess I'll just have to eat it all.

To keep the trade open, you just don't build the nest of snow, right? What's the max on forever snow?

Max snow is 60 - trade stays open until you hatch egg, so you can safely build the nest of snow and still keep doing the trade.

eepopp
05-27-14, 03:18 PM

To keep the trade open, go ahead and hatch the Matrix dragon..., just don't tend it twice to complete the final quest.

http://i57.tinypic.com/20zxkd4.jpg

The max on Forever Snow is 60. (The quest only requires 50).

maguar
05-27-14, 03:19 PM
Anaboe, how many gems does it say to skip the golden apple? I sent my last one out for trade a whole back and haven't had another one fall out of the tree yet. I don't want to continue on to the timed parts that require the GA if its a lot of gems or unskipable.

Thanks!

Sorry I can't remember the gem cost but the magic garden, sir pig desert sand adventure and fruit crate trade all have a chance of dropping it as well

Need help on the big diamonds. Another random drop thing?
I didn't get any from the adventure, n now is stuck!

Random drops from treasure troves and deep mines.

eatup2
05-27-14, 03:21 PM
22 adventures only 1 egg. I am super jelly of those who got all three in 10 or less tries.

How many adventures did it take you to get your second and third egg?

sjgz314
05-27-14, 03:24 PM
Thanks GC5410 and eepopp!

Does the Potion of Gills potion show up once you get to the step where you need it? I vaguely remember making it a while back, but don't see it now.

BTW, I really appreciate the people who take the time to post all the tips and information on what is to come. It's super helpful for the rest of us. It makes it more fun for me when I can get a bit of direction, rather than just bumble around and hope I've got it right.

zuma022
05-27-14, 03:24 PM
I've seen mentions of using a diamond with the forgotten roost dragon eggs? Can someone explain how that works? I have six more eggs, but haven't seen about burning ember since the initial quest. Thx!

GiselleX16
05-27-14, 03:25 PM
I've been having such fun reading this thread since my tv shows are all in summer hiatus so I can't read those boards.

I am still waiting for the third egg (17 trips so far) but our cat caught a chipmunk near the back door. So one of us got lucky today! And she's over 19 years old which is something like 94 years old for humans. I feel so slow....

I saved almost all my treasure troves to replenish jewels and got 50 of them from 15 troves. I also got four diamonds and one pitcher plant, which was cool. The other stuff was all pretty ordinary. I'm crafting jewels whenever I don't need the forge to keep up with the Ice Brands and Dragon Armor. I'm barely keeping up with seeds and will also need to craft more regular armor. Down to five Mithral so that may be the big problem. I put in a third conservatory and got two seeds on my first collection which was a shocker; don't expect that to keep up! I might do as others and wait til the last minute to decide if I want to use up most of my gems on the last egg. It is the one I like the best..

I appreciated the idea of using Trade with Polaris for trade tickets - I had tons of hot chocolate and a good stock of flour and sugar, so I agree it's a quicker way than the milk/eggs trade. Plenty of time to grow that sugar and wheat down the road! And I have a few chickens I can pull out of storage.

mreames
05-27-14, 03:30 PM
I've seen mentions of using a diamond with the forgotten roost dragon eggs? Can someone explain how that works? I have six more eggs, but haven't seen about burning ember since the initial quest. Thx!

That is only for the first dragon when you need the large diamond, Golden Fleece and burning ember. For other dragon eggs from the roost you just need the ember. The large diamond won't do anything for that.

mrosmeows
I know the limited quests aren't required but tr golden one? How do you get two hundred jewels in two
Days I had one hundred stocked and I'm still nowhere close

mreames
Thanks GC5410 and eepopp!

Does the Potion of Gills potion show up once you get to the step where you need it? I vaguely remember making it a while back, but don't see it now.

BTW, I really appreciate the people who take the time to post all the tips and information on what is to come. It's super helpful for the rest of us. It makes it more fun for me when I can get a bit of direction, rather than just bumble around and hope I've got it right.

Yes, it shows up at the point you need it.

eatup2
05-27-14, 03:35 PM
22 adventures only 1 egg. I am super jelly of those who got all three eggs.

eepopp
05-27-14, 03:36 PM
I know the limited quests aren't required but tr golden one? How do you get two hundred jewels in two

Save up the Treasure Troves. They drop Jewels when you open them.
If the option is available to you in the Magic Forge, convert Coal into Jewels.
Collect from your Jewelers buildings, Deep Mines and Sparkling Mines. If you have the Troll Vault, collect from that too.
Chop Iron Rich Rock or Rock Outcroppings. They will drop Jewels and Coal.

my607
05-27-14, 03:37 PM
NO, I didn't get sparkling egg . All I got was scales,energy, scales. Now I don't have extracts so back to crafting that.

mreames
05-27-14, 03:37 PM
Sorry I can't remember the gem cost but the magic garden, sir pig desert sand adventure and fruit crate trade all have a chance of dropping it as well

Random drops from treasure troves and deep mines.

I don't think sir piggy can drop a golden apple. Am I wrong?
It appears the cost to skip the golden apple in step 6 of hatching the bijou is 20 gems.

zuma022
05-27-14, 03:39 PM
That is only for the first dragon when you need the large diamond, Golden Fleece and burning ember. For other dragon eggs from the roost you just need the ember. The large diamond won't do anything for that.

Oh I see! Thanks so much, it makes sense now. I'll keep looking for that ember after this even then.

mreames
05-27-14, 03:41 PM

Thanks!

I believe it is 20 gems.

eatup2
05-27-14, 03:46 PM
24 trips to the Pyre Caves for only 1 egg. You would think after 24 triips the knights would have turned that place inside out. Unless the cave looks like The Lonely Mountain cave from the Hobbit that Smaug guards.

eatup2
05-27-14, 03:47 PM
I don't think sir piggy can drop a golden apple. Am I wrong?
It appears the cost to skip the golden apple in step 6 of hatching the bijou is 20 gems.

Sir Piggy CAN indeed drop a golden apple.

Seriously700
05-27-14, 03:49 PM
Got pyre egg on 1st attempt and ultramarine on 12th attempt, but can't get the elusive 3rd egg! Done 45 adventures now and still no sign of the 3rd egg :(

Yikes!! That's a very long stretch of egg-less adventures!

My knights are out for the 36th time, searching for the 3rd egg. I think I could potentially swing another 10 or 11 adventures before the quest ends - I am struggling to replenish seeds and will be depleting the last of my mithril by then. But if 46/47 adventures is not some sort of magic number, I think I'd rather save my mithril, seeds and other resources. I might take a couple of days off from these adventures and see how this plays out for those who have more resources than I do.

Also, I had originally been thinking about buying the sparkly egg for gems if I didn't get it from the adventures, but if the adult dragon doesn't drop anything special, I think I can be happy without it.

mreames
05-27-14, 03:49 PM
Oh I see! Thanks so much, it makes sense now. I'll keep looking for that ember after this even then.

I had one drop from the Polaris adventure, just so you know it's a possibility.

Seriously700
05-27-14, 03:50 PM
24 trips to the Pyre Caves for only 1 egg. You would think after 24 triips the knights would have turned that place inside out. Unless the cave looks like The Lonely Mountain cave from the Hobbit that Smaug guards.

There are no guarantees, of course, but quite a few of us received the ultramarine egg on our 27th or 28th adventure.

dng1234
05-27-14, 03:53 PM
I believe it is 20 gems.

Thanks! I've been holding off on getting the rest of the diamonds until I knew. It's 80 gems to get the GA in the trading post. Off to continue...

Seriously700
05-27-14, 03:54 PM
I appreciated the idea of using Trade with Polaris for trade tickets - I had tons of hot chocolate and a good stock of flour and sugar, so I agree it's a quicker way than the milk/eggs trade. Plenty of time to grow that sugar and wheat down the road! And I have a few chickens I can pull out of storage.

I too had been wondering whether this trade was an efficient way of earning trade tickets. While I'm not totally convinced that it is more efficient than the dairy trade, I do appreciate having something different to do. So I think I'll keep doing it beyond my need for the snow.

ghjvcucjb
05-27-14, 03:54 PM
36/37 adventures and no sparkly egg. How many have done 40+ adventures and still don't have all three eggs?

my607
05-27-14, 03:55 PM
I just notice the troll vault drops jewels now.

my607
05-27-14, 03:57 PM
I lost count I would think that's me. I usually do about 5/6 adv a day sometimes maybe 7.

tuskmage
05-27-14, 03:58 PM

You only need to find 101 Jewels in two days; not 200 Jewels in two days. If you start the quests with 99 Jewels. Just make sure you already have 99 Jewels in hand before you start the quest. ;)

mreames
05-27-14, 03:58 PM
Sir Piggy CAN indeed drop a golden egg.

Good to know. Thanks. I thought I read a long time ago that it can't. I knew it cost one though. Lol

GC5410
05-27-14, 03:59 PM
36/37 adventures and no sparkly egg. How many have done 40+ adventures and still don't have all three eggs?

45 adventures, 2 eggs :(

Queenzod
05-27-14, 04:01 PM
Max snow is 60 - trade stays open until you hatch egg, so you can safely build the nest of snow and still keep doing the trade.

However! Once you build the nest of snow it throws you into the timed 200 jewels thing. So if you're not ready for that, don't build the nest of snow!

Graceland53
05-27-14, 04:01 PM
Yikes!! That's a very long stretch of egg-less adventures!

My knights are out for the 36th time, searching for the 3rd egg. I think I could potentially swing another 10 or 11 adventures before the quest ends - I am struggling to replenish seeds and will be depleting the last of my mithril by then. But if 46/47 adventures is not some sort of magic number, I think I'd rather save my mithril, seeds and other resources. I might take a couple of days off from these adventures and see how this plays out for those who have more resources than I do.

Also, I had originally been thinking about buying the sparkly egg for gems if I didn't get it from the adventures, but if the adult dragon doesn't drop anything special, I think I can be happy without it.

After my 40th adventure looking for the 3rd egg I took a break...sent my knights on a dark cave quest. I think 40 adventures is plenty and anyone who has used that many resources and done that many adventures should receive 3 eggs...just sayin'.

For anyone contemplating buying an egg...I would suggest you use gems for the Mithril dragon. He drops mithril AND dragon scales...guaranteed..EVERY DAY! These new dragons are dropping the same random items the orange dragons do.

I was max'd on Mithril and dragon scales when this quest started...thanks to my Mithril dragon. :)

eepopp
05-27-14, 04:11 PM
After my 40th adventure looking for the 3rd egg I took a break...sent my knights on a dark cave quest. I think 40 adventures is plenty and anyone who has used that many resources and done that many adventures should receive 3 eggs...just sayin'.

For anyone contemplating buying an egg...I would suggest you use gems for the Mithril dragon. He drops mithril AND dragon scales...guaranteed..EVERY DAY! These new dragons are dropping the same random items the orange dragons do.

I was max'd on Mithril and dragon scales when this quest started...thanks to my Mithril dragon. :)

If a player doesn't have any of the new Dragon eggs or the regular Forgotten Roost Dragon and really, really wants a dragon for Dragon Scales, then spending 200 gems for one of the new dragon eggs is definitely a cheaper alternative than buying the Forgotten Roost Dragon (350 gems) or Mithril Dragon (400 gems) from the Marketplace.

Obviously, getting a free egg from a random Pyre Quest is the best deal.

http://i58.tinypic.com/1dfrt.jpg

200 gems costs roughly $10, while 450 gems for the Mithril dragon or 350 gems for the Forgotten Roost dragon would require a $20 gem package purchase.

For some people, $10 is far more preferable than $20.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2vmacll.jpg

Note: if someone wants to buy all 3 new eggs, the best Gem package purchases would be for one $4.99 and one $19.99, for a total of $24.98..., which may be worth it if you want 3 limited edition dragons for ~$8.34 each.

gdmcrjunkie
05-27-14, 04:16 PM

I suppose I count? I do have all three now but my lil sparks gave me a lot of trouble. I did 40-odd adventures before I finally got all three. Hang in there & good luck!

arikasi
05-27-14, 04:18 PM
Am I the only one that finds the jewelry stores worthless when it comes to collecting jewels? 4hour wait time to collect 400 coin is REALLY frustrating! I usually just have them stored but needing upward of 300 jewels to complete these dragon quests I pulled them out. Out of about 30 collections I have received jewels about 3 times. I have better luck collecting dragon eggs. Just saying if it's a "jewelry" store, shouldn't it give you jewels? Jmo

I agree that they don't drop jewels nearly often enough and ideally would always give a jewel with the rarer possibility of multiples.

I got a dragon egg yesterday. Unfortunately it was the normal dragon egg from the Roost!! Now I have two normal eggs awaiting an Ember. :rolleyes:

I finally received the ultramarine on the 27th try on one account. The other account hasn't reached 27 yet and nothing but multiple pyres.

I like big involved quests and am grateful for the thought and effort put into them having something to specific to do in game is great. Randomness is ok in a quest, timed quests are ok too. But please, never random+timed.

sarahlfox
05-27-14, 04:25 PM
Just building my eighth Conservatory.

Two nice dragon-sized spaces next to my Flare (positive thinking here in my kingdom) :13579

mariegoodley
05-27-14, 04:27 PM
Roar I got my last egg (Sparkiling one) gave my jewels and silver from my inventory then my game resets and my egg has gone check my barracks (were it came from) and it showed the barracks as just finishing it went back 5 minutes and I've now got no egg and need to resend on quest to try and get another one :mad: this is probably why I have lost 5 neighbours due to them getting fed up of how this quest is not being fun it's becoming more frustrating :(

Graceland53
05-27-14, 04:27 PM
If a player doesn't have any of the new Dragon eggs or the regular Forgotten Roost Dragon and really, really wants a dragon for Dragon Scales, then spending 200 gems for one of the new dragon eggs is definitely a cheaper alternative than buying the Forgotten Roost Dragon (350 gems) or Mithril Dragon (400 gems) from the Marketplace.

Obviously, getting a free egg from a random Pyre Quest is the best deal.

http://i58.tinypic.com/1dfrt.jpg

200 gems costs roughly $10, while 450 gems would require a $20 gem package purchase. For some people, $10 is far more preferable than $20.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2vmacll.jpg

I agree...a free egg from this quest is great! However, I was letting folks who might not know that these new dragons give the same random drops as the Forgotten Roost dragon. I agree the 200 gem is a better deal initially, but you will sill need resources to hatch. There is no guarantee that they will drop scales daily...my experience is coal, jewels and scales randomly.

If you want a GUARANTEED drop of Dragon scales AND Mithril...Every day..the Mithril dragon is worth spending the extra gems on...for people who were going to spend gems anyway.

The reported returns from the new dragons have not been impressive, I think my Mithril dragon spoiled me:)

Graceland53
05-27-14, 04:40 PM
I suppose I count? I do have all three now but my lil sparks gave me a lot of trouble. I did 40-odd adventures before I finally got all three. Hang in there & good luck!

I'm also in the 40 adv club with no Sparkling egg:( I'm taking the day off to think about sending out the 41st adv...sigh. Woohoo for you getting all 3! Way to hang in there!

Graceland53
05-27-14, 04:42 PM

Count me in the 40 adv club...sigh. My knights are off doing a dark cave adventure..thought I would give them a break:):)

GBeesHive
05-27-14, 04:53 PM
No, that's not how it works. First we all have to be ridiculously over excited about the new update. Fill the first page with hopeful glee and thanks for the update. Then the next page wonders when it's going to start and lengthy discussion on time zone stuff. Once it starts then several pages of serious coming live as it happens post followed by pages of assumptions and confusions followed by the gemmers with screen shots followed by more confusion and questions followed by reprimands to actually read the first page followed by questions starting with I haven't read all the posts but followed by the first set of complaints about requirements followed by one person who miraculously has already obtained all goals followed by silence followed by encouragement and hopeful support followed by speculation on drop rate decrease followed by pages and pages of disappointment, unhappiness, frustration followed by condescending smack downs followed by silence followed by flippant responses followed by threats of quitting and deleting and possible storming TL offices with pitchforks followed by a mad rush to neighbors walls to whine followed by long stories of loyalty but not any more followed by majority accomplishing the goal followed by a few who never get lucky followed by support for those unlucky followed by more threats of deletion and possible letter writing followed by the end of the quest THEN everyone who succeeded will Thank TL while those who didn't feel angry and hurt.

We're only at flippant responses....

I haven't been on the forum for a few days and have pages and pages to read. This post cracks me up - thank you for the huge laugh!!!!

I didn't get an egg until my 10th adventure. And the knights from the barracks - technically the 9th adventure - came in a few minutes later, generating the "you can only have one egg, who do you think you are" message ...

Gotta keep your sense of humour in this game.

myndisue
05-27-14, 05:45 PM
After reading a majority of the posts, I feel very lucky to have my two eggs. I only went on a total of 4 quests. I do not have a dragon so I had a spend a total of 29 gems to get the armor. Didn't have enough gems for my last quest until late last night when my knights returned from the desert. (I'd given up!) Startled the hubby who was fast asleep when I screamed that I get to try 1 more time! Lol Then did it again when I discovered an egg! I may try to scrounge up money to buy some more gems for the last one. Good luck to everyone still searching for their 1st!

marrrina
05-27-14, 06:04 PM
After reading a majority of the posts, I feel very lucky to have my two eggs. I only went on a total of 4 quests. I do not have a dragon so I had a spend a total of 29 gems to get the armor. Didn't have enough gems for my last quest until late last night when my knights returned from the desert. (I'd given up!) Startled the hubby who was fast asleep when I screamed that I get to try 1 more time! Lol Then did it again when I discovered an egg! I may try to scrounge up money to buy some more gems for the last one. Good luck to everyone still searching for their 1st!

Wow, that's extremely lucky! I feel I've done over 30 adventures and just have 2, and I definitely spent nearly 100 gems. :( I'm all out of materials to make the necessary resources for any further quests.

LastDuchess
05-27-14, 06:08 PM
How many adventures does it take to get the sparkling egg? I have just got the matrix one. Will I have to go 20+ times to get it just like the matrix?

Anaboe
05-27-14, 06:11 PM
Does anybody know much Lapis Lazuli do you get from the Deep Sea adventure?

Seems like you need 15, but the way I read the start-post, the Deep Sea adventure gives 15? Then there's no need to do the "All gold Everything"-quest, which requires 200 jewels, 100 silver, 100 ore and 5 golden nuggets.

But if the Deep Sea adventure only gives some per adventure, then your mermaid scales and vital extracts are far more worth.

tuskmage
05-27-14, 06:20 PM
Does anybody know much Lapis Lazuli do you get from the Deep Sea adventure?

Seems like you need 15, but the way I read the start-post, the Deep Sea adventure gives 15? Then there's no need to do the "All gold Everything"-quest, which requires 200 jewels, 100 silver, 100 ore and 5 golden nuggets.

But if the Deep Sea adventure only gives some per adventure, then your mermaid scales and vital extracts are far more worth.

Deep Sea adventure give us 2-4 Lapis Lazuli per adventure.

LadyFencer
05-27-14, 06:27 PM
My knights have decided they do not want to go to the Pyre Caves any more. They have done over 30 quests between the Queen's Court and barracks and gotten a whopping one egg, and we're out of seeds and running low on mithril. I understand patterns of reinforcement as well as the need not to let loyal people reach the point they do not care. I know that they may quit on me completely and go find another kingdom to serve, so I've started sending them on other adventures. They are happy coming back with their treasures now. Perhaps if the random drops ever start supplying seeds again so we can make the vital extract, they will be prepared to try again. (Seriously, though... there's challenging and then there's just plain frustrating.)

Zummat
05-27-14, 06:53 PM
My knights have decided they do not want to go to the Pyre Caves any more. They have done over 30 quests between the Queen's Court and barracks and gotten a whopping one egg, and we're out of seeds and running low on mithril. I understand patterns of reinforcement as well as the need not to let loyal people reach the point they do not care. I know that they may quit on me completely and go find another kingdom to serve, so I've started sending them on other adventures. They are happy coming back with their treasures now. Perhaps if the random drops ever start supplying seeds again so we can make the vital extract, they will be prepared to try again. (Seriously, though... there's challenging and then there's just plain frustrating.)

Yes, I feel your pain. I have the Flare Dragon and Matrix Dragon. I had a lot of items needed already in storage to do quests and complete the hatchings so I didn't have to do too much more for these. My knights have been going to the Prye Caves from the Barracks and Queen's court too. I finally got another egg but was it the Sparkling Egg? Heck no. It was another Ultramarine Egg that I won't even be able to hatch right now, if ever.

I'm not quite ready to give up. It's taking longer between quests to get enough seeds to make the vital extract but I'll keep plugging along. I have a Mithril dragon so I'm well supplied. It's just the dang seeds. Wish we could collect seeds from the flowers but I guess the chickens are eating them before they can be collected.

esmerelda35
05-27-14, 06:55 PM
I'm also in the 40 adv club with no Sparkling egg:( I'm taking the day off to think about sending out the 41st adv...sigh. Woohoo for you getting all 3! Way to hang in there!

Me too! Quest numbers 43 and 44 (keep and barracks) are out on their adventures. Got the first two eggs literally on my first two adventures and haven't managed the third since. I have now got seven conservatories to get enough seeds to keep making vital extract, and it is generally giving me enough to keep me just par on enough essence, but some collections I only pull in one seed out of seven collections (but it's random as the next one I may then collect six or seven).
I am thankful I have managed to get two eggs so far and am hopeful with still four or so days left that I will get the third.

freesiawoods
05-27-14, 07:21 PM
Finally I got my Ultramarine egg. Now should I go on Polaris quests or continue looking for the third egg since I have no barracks? I can let the Polaris quest expire and still have unlimited time to get forever snow and lapis lazuli to hatch the egg?

hugpete
05-27-14, 07:38 PM
This is ridiculous! For 'all fired up' I have 13 pons, a swamp pond, and a well. None are giving me catfish or butterfish! I want to do this so I can hatch my first egg! I only have six hrs left. Even the dire boars aren't giving me what I need for the adventure!
You can still hatch the egg if you don't do the timed quests for hatching. It will likely just take longer.

Nice. I have been waiting for the roost to drop a manicure egg....you have given me hope again :)
Manicure egg, hehe.

It is very difficult to obtain dragon's eggs. I did the adventure many And many Times And i obtained only one egg. Now i did not have mitrill And if i want all the eggs i will have to pay for gems. I think that goals are here for use gems.... It is not nice to see goals And to know they are not reached.
You can get mithril from deep mines, trades, and crafting (if you have the 4th shard). So you don't actually have to spend gems.

Glimmergate posted that the droprates haven't been changed. It probably just seems like less because you really want them. See below.

Thanks again for reiterating this. I don't know why people don't believe you! But thanks for all you do.

Awesome news.

See Glimmergate's post (quoted above). There's no reason not to believe those statements. It's kinda rude actually....

Roar I got my last egg (Sparkiling one) gave my jewels and silver from my inventory then my game resets and my egg has gone check my barracks (were it came from) and it showed the barracks as just finishing it went back 5 minutes and I've now got no egg and need to resend on quest to try and get another one :mad: this is probably why I have lost 5 neighbours due to them getting fed up of how this quest is not being fun it's becoming more frustrating :(
Bummer. Gotta remember to make sure your game syncs before and after doing anything important.

Finally I got my Ultramarine egg. Now should I go on Polaris quests or continue looking for the third egg since I have no barracks? I can let the Polaris quest expire and still have unlimited time to get forever snow and lapis lazuli to hatch the egg?
Yes, you can let it expire and then do other things to get the snow. See the list of quests on page one. :)

crystalrayn3
05-27-14, 07:39 PM
Any clue as to how many times I need to feed the baby dragons before they mature?

gentry5
05-27-14, 07:39 PM
I am very sorry to hear everyone is having problems getting their dragons. I got my first on on my 4th adventure but did not even know I had it because pop ups of everyone talking kept me from seeing what I had. Found it when I looked in storage because my goals had changed. Then as I was trying to hatch it I needed more stones so just kept sending out on adventures and got sparkling dragon upon return but when opened treasure I had gotten the ulramarine egg. Both eggs went into storage so be sure a check there (which I am sure you do) after each adventure. I am going to try and post pic. Of my babies but you may visit my castle if you want.

koiju
05-27-14, 07:40 PM
I'm not sure if I should keep doing the Pyre quest, I do have all 3 eggs however I am persisting with the quest to get treasure troves in the hopes of a large diamond. I have 1 large diamond from a deep mine and I got one from a treasure trove in the same quest as I got the sparkling egg however as you know the Pyre caves is resource-greedy. I was lucky and had loads of mithril, swords and armour (no vital essence but that's not a biggie) and I have just started to need to craft swords and armour. I think maybe I'll just let it go and hope that I eventually get diamonds from my 2 deep mines... what do you think

gentry5
05-27-14, 07:40 PM
Can only figure how to post 1at a time so here goes another baby and maybe 2

gentry5
05-27-14, 07:47 PM
Well what a mess here goes again

wiznit85
05-27-14, 08:03 PM
I'm not sure if I should keep doing the Pyre quest, I do have all 3 eggs however I am persisting with the quest to get treasure troves in the hopes of a large diamond. I have 1 large diamond from a deep mine and I got one from a treasure trove in the same quest as I got the sparkling egg however as you know the Pyre caves is resource-greedy. I was lucky and had loads of mithril, swords and armour (no vital essence but that's not a biggie) and I have just started to need to craft swords and armour. I think maybe I'll just let it go and hope that I eventually get diamonds from my 2 deep mines... what do you think
It's totally up to you. However, I will report that out of the 47 adventures I went on, I obtained 12 large diamonds from treasure trove chests. I think I've only ever pulled one or two large diamonds from the deep mines. It's not something you see a lot of. I had my 3 eggs at 37 adventures but went on extras for the jewels and other gifts in the treasure chests. ��

eastie41
05-27-14, 08:04 PM
22 adventures only 1 egg. I am super jelly of those who got all three in 10 or less tries.

Hi eatup2
It took me 4 pyre Cavern Adventures to get the Pyre egg. It took another 23 adventures to get the Ultramarine egg. Good Luck!

gentry5
05-27-14, 08:05 PM
Well I am going to try all 3 together but who knows SEEMS I am not very good at this so my last try

my607
05-27-14, 08:08 PM
You still have time. I keep trying until the quest expires even though my inventory is low.

Mylania
05-27-14, 08:17 PM
Halfway through this 10-day quest and I have the pyre dragon, which dropped on adventure 6. I have lost track of how many times I've sent out my knights, between 25 and 30. Except for adventure 7, when another pyre egg dropped, with the "inventory too full" message...no more eggs. Fortunately, I have plenty of mithril, but all my seed piles were used in the last 2 weeks creating dark seeds for inscriptions, so I've been alternating buying armour and making it when I have seeds for vital extract.

It is very frustrating, but I will keep going until my mithril or time runs out.

Albert Einstein: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different result.

Woosterphile
05-27-14, 08:43 PM
No, that's not how it works. First we all have to be ridiculously over excited about the new update. Fill the first page with hopeful glee and thanks for the update. Then the next page wonders when it's going to start and lengthy discussion on time zone stuff. Once it starts then several pages of serious coming live as it happens post followed by pages of assumptions and confusions followed by the gemmers with screen shots followed by more confusion and questions followed by reprimands to actually read the first page followed by questions starting with I haven't read all the posts but followed by the first set of complaints about requirements followed by one person who miraculously has already obtained all goals followed by silence followed by encouragement and hopeful support followed by speculation on drop rate decrease followed by pages and pages of disappointment, unhappiness, frustration followed by condescending smack downs followed by silence followed by flippant responses followed by threats of quitting and deleting and possible storming TL offices with pitchforks followed by a mad rush to neighbors walls to whine followed by long stories of loyalty but not any more followed by majority accomplishing the goal followed by a few who never get lucky followed by support for those unlucky followed by more threats of deletion and possible letter writing followed by the end of the quest THEN everyone who succeeded will Thank TL while those who didn't feel angry and hurt.

We're only at flippant responses....

Best post ever! I had to log in finally to tell you how funny I thought this was!

In all seriousness, everyone needs to remember it's just a game! Try not to take it too seriously and just have fun, this is my favorite app game and by far the one I've played the longest and put the most time (and money!) into. Luck is a very fickle mistress in this game: I am thrilled to say I got all 3 eggs relatively quickly (pyre on my 2nd adventure and the other 2 on the same adventure, about #8 or #9?) but am STILL waiting on my alicorn. About 5 months after that quest started I got a wing but despite daily adventures, still no horn. I could buy one but where's the fun in that?

Best of luck to all who are still trying, and remember as long as it's still fun don't give up!

beachcafe5
05-27-14, 08:47 PM
How many times does it take to feed the baby flare dragon for it to be an adult

my607
05-27-14, 08:55 PM
I think it's 20

octoberchick26
05-27-14, 08:58 PM
This is very frustrating am done!:p

Oliver118
05-27-14, 10:19 PM
This update seems very confusing...

Castloninian
05-27-14, 11:28 PM
I love those treasure troves. Had been saving mine for the 200 jewels stage and I chopped 29 of them. The best things I got: lots of jewels, silver, hearty feast, living wood, grits, simple feast, enchanted beam and block, essences, earth wisp and 6 diamonds!

I started with like 80 odd each of jewels, silver and ore and was able to give all within 30 minutes due to my treasure troves and a few chops of a dark cave formation.

Still have 6 troves left, will save those for a rainy day.

MBRBTBRB
05-27-14, 11:32 PM
I just got my second egg from my 27th pyre adventure!

CLOVERKAITO
05-27-14, 11:34 PM
Just built 3 more conservatories, for a total of 5. (need more fancy beams for a 6th one)

I have no idea why I didn't do this earlier despite I have read constant reminder to check the conservatory for seeds, and I *do* check the conservatory every 2 hours for seeds...

Anyhow just collected from my 3 new conservatories. 2 of them dropped seeds. None of these 3 were upgraded. (The 2 original ones I had were level 5). So people if you have enough super glues and fancy beams/stones and red petals, build more conservatories for seeds!

DrP4ever
05-28-14, 12:07 AM
Over 30 attempts, have one dragon, no seeds, no mithril, almost out of gems I've been hoarding. I'm done with this quest and just collecting from my kingdom, working towards trade tickets and plants. Didn't enjoy this at all. My troves gave me a few gems, nothing significant except one trade ticket. Just done.

JayUK69
05-28-14, 12:14 AM
I have already hatched my Ultramarine egg, but had a second one just drop (still no Sparkling egg) is there any way of hatching a second egg of the same kind?

pigricesnow
05-28-14, 12:21 AM
I built 4 more conservatorie.... Still hard to get seed from each one! 5th day, no sparkling egg.... Really need to use gems???......

Jir67
05-28-14, 01:00 AM
So far I still have only the Pyre dragon...
I didn't count my adventure, so I dont know if I'm near the 27th magic number... :(
I started with 14/15 essence and same for mithril, and now I'm short of seeds, so I have to wait to collect from conservatories...
as someone sayd, no surrender!!!!!

hugpete
05-28-14, 01:21 AM
I have already hatched my Ultramarine egg, but had a second one just drop (still no Sparkling egg) is there any way of hatching a second egg of the same kind?

From the FAQs on page 1: "It is only possible to hatch more than one of the ultramarine dragons (provided you don't complete the water birthing goal, ie don't feed baby dragon"

ciarjen
05-28-14, 01:41 AM

In all the time I have played this game, nearly from the beginning, I have only ever had 1 diamond drop from deep mines and that was for another quest a long time ago.

I think the treasure troves are a better way to get the diamonds so it is worth continuing to adventure, if you don't want to use gems to skip the diamonds.

ciarjen
05-28-14, 01:43 AM
I got the 200 jewels easily by using what I had and chopping all my treasure troves and it only took a few minutes.

The problem ended up being the silver and after using 2 alicorns, wizard schools and lots of chopping of rocks I was only getting 1 silver per 5 energy so I ended up skipping the silver with 28 gems because I was short.

JayUK69
05-28-14, 01:46 AM
From the FAQs on page 1: "It is only possible to hatch more than one of the ultramarine dragons (provided you don't complete the water birthing goal, ie don't feed baby dragon"

Oh well, too late for that lol. Hopefully they will add it to the magic forge at a later date.

echowuuu
05-28-14, 01:50 AM
Can anyone give me confirmation that lv up conversatories will increase the drop chance of pile of seed?

dragon2046
05-28-14, 02:20 AM
It is suppose to give u more seeds but still random cuz I have 3 level 5 that didn't give me seeds the last time but the level 3 I has just pulled out of storage did so who knows! Good luck to u.

Chaotarch
05-28-14, 03:02 AM
Can anyone give me confirmation that lv up conversatories will increase the drop chance of pile of seed?

No:(
anyway if lv1 or lv5

manu90ela
05-28-14, 03:07 AM
Did someone get a burning ember this time from polaris adventure?

mreames
05-28-14, 03:30 AM
Did someone get a burning ember this time from polaris adventure?

Yes, I did and others have reported getting it also.

GC5410
05-28-14, 03:33 AM
After complaining last night that I'd done 45 adventures and no 3rd egg.....I got my 3rd egg this morning from my overnight (46th) adventure! Yay!

1st: pyre
12th: ultramarine
46th: sparkling

Large diamonds (7 in total)
1st / 31st / 32nd / 34th / 41st / 42nd / 45th

zalzabar
05-28-14, 03:35 AM
Ok this may sound stupid but I'm going to ask anyways....
I'm all out of mithril and dragon scales so no more pyre adventures for me.. I only have 3 treasure troves saved and 100 gems in stock...
I have two jewelers
One sparkling mine
One deep mine
Will I be able to make the 200 jewel goal for the ultramarine dragon? I also only have 26 silver :(
Would really appreciate a response from all you experienced players.

GC5410
05-28-14, 03:45 AM
I'm all out of mithril and dragon scales so no more pyre adventures for me.. I only have 3 treasure troves saved and 100 gems in stock...
I have two jewelers
One sparkling mine
One deep mine
Will I be able to make the 200 jewel goal for the ultramarine dragon? I also only have 26 silver :(

I have roughly same as you and I did it within 24 hours :) didn't even need 48 hours

Started with 99 of jewels / ore / silver which I gave at start of goal and ended with all 200 jewels given, plus left over 99 ore and 80 silver (had also crafted about 10 fancy blocks to use up extra ore).

So basically within 24 hours I got at least 150 ore, 101 jewels and 80 silver.

I used all the coal generated to craft jewels (maybe 20 in total), plus around 10-20 from jewelers/sparkling mine/deep mine/sabina's house (I only have 1 of each), but other than that got majority of jewels from chopping rock outcrops.

zalzabar
05-28-14, 04:23 AM
GC5410 Thank you for your prompt reply :)
I guess there's no harm in trying :o

my607
05-28-14, 04:47 AM
It's misleading on page 1 to get sparkling egg it says may take few tries. I lost count on how many tries.

Beleriand
05-28-14, 04:57 AM
It's misleading on page 1 to get sparkling egg it says may take few tries. I lost count on how many tries.

Good point a few is more than three.....perhaps it should read "a large quantities" of tries. I'm on try 43.

my607
05-28-14, 05:00 AM
I don't know how many times. Now I have no extra adv to go on. I'm short of living wood even though I bought that gem tree.

Beleriand
05-28-14, 05:01 AM

I'm just getting caught up from last night and I just saw your post.......how amazing is that. Hopefully it is the start of a trend for the rest of us. Congrats on your new addition.

KingdomofThree
05-28-14, 05:01 AM
I have done the pyre adventure at least 15-20 times. I didn't count. Only received pyre egg. Is there something wrong with my kingdom? I would think I should have received at least 2 if not all eggs by now? I have done hard reset twice. No change. Just treasure troves. Is there something wrong with my kingdom? :(

Beleriand
05-28-14, 05:06 AM

I'm up to 43 today....just sent out two more adv. Let's hope that it doesn't morph into a 50 club.

hisroyalhighnessprinceLu
05-28-14, 05:06 AM
Mithril ought to be a common drop from THIS adventure!!

Beleriand
05-28-14, 05:08 AM
I don't know how many times. Now I have no extra adv to go on. I'm short of living wood even though I bought that gem tree.

I believe I have my seed issue corrected, but now my mithril is running dangerously low.

my607
05-28-14, 05:10 AM
No, there's nothing wrong with your kingdom. You just have to do lots of pyre adventures and be lucky.

my607
05-28-14, 05:12 AM
I'm ok with mithril I have 31. Hopefully soon everybody should get their eggs . Only 4 days left.

marrrina
05-28-14, 05:13 AM
I'm up to 43 today....just sent out two more adv. Let's hope that it doesn't morph into a 50 club.

I'm in the 40s, drained of resources, and reAdy to call it quits on Sparkly Egg

Beleriand
05-28-14, 05:18 AM
How many adventures does it take to get the sparkling egg? I have just got the matrix one. Will I have to go 20+ times to get it just like the matrix?

That is the million dollar question. There are quite a few of us still searching for the elusive sparkly egg. I am on try #43 hopefully today is the day! Good luck with your adv

MBerkay
05-28-14, 05:21 AM
I won't be getting this one. Don't even have my dragon yet to get scales to make the armor. How unfair is that, still working on hatching my dragon. I won't buy gems to help out either so enough said.

my607
05-28-14, 05:22 AM
Yes, I agree the million dollar question. There should be a reward for us besides the dragons. That wold be nice.

Beleriand
05-28-14, 05:23 AM
I'm in the 40s, drained of resources, and reAdy to call it quits on Sparkly Egg

I know how you feel. I'm hoping today is going to have lots of posts of people being successful. I think we need a boost, something to re-motivate us.

ciarjen
05-28-14, 05:26 AM
I have two jewelers
One sparkling mine
One deep mine

Without a lot of treasure troves it will be very difficult. Also I found the silver to be a problem for the goal myself. I was getting 1 silver drop per 5 energy used in rock chopping and mines, deep mine and jewelers dont always drop silver or jewels.

It would be better to wait for your silver stocks to get to maximum before you trigger the start of the timed goal.

Beleriand

Hahahaha you would think so.

labsandboxers
If can get the gems during a gem sale it's not so bad. Hatching my thrid egg one lots of water. For me and the times I can play. It was worth it for me to buy two eggs.

my607
05-28-14, 05:28 AM
But not everyone likes to use real money. I'm just saying.

labsandboxers
05-28-14, 05:31 AM
That's why it is a choice. Every player decides how to play their game. I'm just saying

Beleriand
05-28-14, 05:37 AM
It is very frustrating, but I will keep going until my mithril or time runs out.

Albert Einstein: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different result.

Yep, we all cray-zee here :)

sabrinashal
05-28-14, 05:39 AM

lol rofl!!!!!!!!!!!

"You would think after 24 trips the knights would have turned that place inside out."

that was totally hilarious! just brilliant!

they should have destroyed the place

bowlfullofcherries
05-28-14, 05:40 AM
I buy gems to support the game. Granted, that's once or twice a year and only during gem sales but given I've been playing since... geez, late '12... now would be one of those times I figure it's ok to splurge. I'm searching for Sparkly myself. And I read in one of the posts that the goal of getting all three dragons was aimed at long term players, but from what I've read on-forum it hasn't been easy for any of them, either.

2ndwiz
05-28-14, 05:44 AM
If I've finished all the timed events for the Ptre egg why do I not have the baby flare dragon?

hottrthanhott
05-28-14, 05:46 AM
TEAMLAVA!

After having hatched my Ultramarine & finish that part of the goal, I get another Ultramarine Egg... Now I read that it was possible to get two and hatched if not finished the goal. Is there a way to do it now though? I didn't even know it was an option to get more than one, since usually it is not the case.
Please let me know... I will hate to have it in inventory just rotting away!

I am out of my, once maxed, living wood & pile of seeds, from sending countless knights looking the "Sparkling Egg." So if you can switch my extra Ultramarine for the Sparkling one, I'll be happy with that too!
Thank you!

mreames
05-28-14, 05:49 AM
If I've finished all the timed events for the Ptre egg why do I not have the baby flare dragon?

Have you checked your quest book? There are things to do after the timed steps before you can hatch the flare dragon. You need to give 100 pyre crystals.

infinitelove19
05-28-14, 05:52 AM
Hopefully today will be the day for many to get their sparkly dragon, as I just collected mine!!! (and visited half a dozen neighbors, crafted items & checked it was still there to be sure!)

My best estimation is that I've done a grand total of 47 trips to the pyre cavern. I had been using troves to keep track, but when I took some out of storage & busted them for jewels, I kinda lost track, but figure I busted about 13 of them. Possibly 15, so I may have done as many as 50 quests. 27 seemed to be lucky for many to get ultramarine, but I'm not sure how many will make it to 50! Having bought the mithril dragon when it first came out (after getting a gem sale) & being well stocked on Enchanter's Essence, living wood & many other items, I can say it was a huge challenge, but I'm gkad to have done it. Now I'm going to get some much needed sleep & then work on finishing off Matrix & maybe get another - insert "I'm going crazy icon" here!

I started in August of last year & hit level 50 during this quest.
Good luck everyone!!!!!! :-)

Beleriand
05-28-14, 06:03 AM
Hopefully today will be the day for many to get their sparkly dragon, as I just collected mine!!! (and visited half a dozen neighbors, crafted items & checked it was still there to be sure!)
Good luck everyone!!!!!! :-)

That is great news. Congratulations.

redlorry
05-28-14, 06:36 AM
I have some hope now after reading your sparkly egg turned up nearer 50 trips. I think im at about 40 so I just keep going!

my607
05-28-14, 06:39 AM
Congratulations ! I hope everyone else gets their lucky egg today.

therealfork
05-28-14, 06:43 AM
well, I guess I'm done for this event.... with no dragon for scales & mithril taking two days to make I decided to buy some gems so that I could continue on in the event but having bought gems 48 hours ago I have yet to receive them. I am so deflated!!! I really want to keep trying for the three eggs but can't without the gems to skip through so that I can send my knights to the cave. I only received scales the first two trips & no more after that. I have sent all the info support asked for including a receipt of the purchase but I am getting no response. I hate that this event is timed & I have lost 2 days. I want my gems that I have been charged for. I want to get the eggs. I would love to be compensated for the loss of 2 plus days in a timed event. I am so frustrated right now & will not be making a in-app purchase again.

dragon2046
05-28-14, 06:49 AM
well, I guess I'm done for this event.... with no dragon for scales & mithril taking two days to make I decided to buy some gems so that I could continue on in the event but having bought gems 48 hours ago I have yet to receive them. I am so deflated!!! I really want to keep trying for the three eggs but can't without the gems to skip through so that I can send my knights to the cave. I only received scales the first two trips & no more after that. I have sent all the info support asked for including a receipt of the purchase but I am getting no response. I hate that this event is timed & I have lost 2 days. I want my gems that I have been charged for. I want to get the eggs. I would love to be compensated for the loss of 2 plus days in a timed event. I am so frustrated right now & will not be making a in-app purchase again.

So sorry to hear u are having a tough time getting your gems. I have been waiting on a gem sale to purchase some gems which I haven't done in probably over a year. Now I'm a little concerned to do so. Please let us know if they get this fixed for u and I really hope they can extend this for u to get all three eggs. Any one else having this problem? Just curious. Thanks.

jodi0122
05-28-14, 06:57 AM
Which operating system to do have? I bought some gems yesterday on my iphone and received them instantly.

nmdgames
05-28-14, 07:02 AM
I've drained all my resources, but I finally got the sparkly egg! It took me about 30 trips to get all three eggs. I'm completely out of piles of seeds, so no more vital essence right now. I don't spend gems, so this would have been my last trip either way.

therealfork
05-28-14, 07:03 AM
Which operating system to do have? I bought some gems yesterday on my iphone and received them instantly.

ipad 2... before sending a support message I did a hard shutdown. I also deleted the app & re-installed it. I've made sure all software is up-to-date. the only thing I could see being a possible suspect is that I purchased the gems early Memorial Day morn. I do not know why that would be an issue though. the game goes on whether it is a holiday on not.

my607
05-28-14, 07:06 AM
That's odd to me. I never had that happened to me before.

my607
05-28-14, 07:07 AM
I think today's the day for sparkling egg to drop so far 2 people. That's great. I hope I'm next in line.

marrrina
05-28-14, 07:10 AM
Of course when i FINALLY get another egg it's the Ultramarine which I already have. 2 Pyre Eggs, 2 Ultramarine, 0 Sparkling.

dragon2046
05-28-14, 07:10 AM
I think today's the day for sparkling egg to drop so far 2 people. That's great. I hope I'm next in line.

Hope so too. Good luck

my607
05-28-14, 07:11 AM
Sorry, to hear that. I guess keep going until times up unless if you don't have the resources.

Beleriand
05-28-14, 07:13 AM
Of course when i FINALLY get another egg it's the Ultramarine which I already have. 2 Pyre Eggs, 2 Ultramarine, 0 Sparkling.

Hey that is my track record too. Couldn't keep any of the extras. I'm still searching for the last sparkly egg.