PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 05/22/2014 EVENT: Infiltrate The Pyre Caverns

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Hollie1922
05-23-14, 01:00 PM
4 adventures no eggs now I have run out of dragon scales! no dragon & no gems to buy scales?!

BriarAvenue
05-23-14, 01:00 PM
Nope! First Polaris adventure got nothing... Except crystal.

Guess that Poalris snow trading won't start until all 4 p adventures completed eh?

flagramma
05-23-14, 01:02 PM
Welcome to the club! Surely we'll get lucky soon.:)

Liloze
05-23-14, 01:03 PM
My 5th adventure still no eggs, sending in both barracks and the the Queen/king castle...sigh
I really feel like this goal is going to force us to use gems! It is an unpleasant feeling being forced, especially that I only have 2 dragons, which means no dragon scales, I know some players do not have even one, which proves that TL is not being fair, let alone the Mithril Dragon ( I wanted to buy but lost tons of gems in traps ).

I will continue until I get fed up if no eggs show up then, this goal could sit in the goal book forever, as far as I am concerned I will not use my gems to buy items for adventures that do not meet the goal!

I will buy my Mithril Dragon much better investment in my opinion.

jessicattt
05-23-14, 01:08 PM
I'll never get past the first part of this since Mithril is so hard to come by!

GC5410
05-23-14, 01:08 PM
Nope! First Polaris adventure got nothing... Except crystal.

Guess that Poalris snow trading won't start until all 4 p adventures completed eh?

That's a shame, I got 12 forever snow on my first polaris adventure, another one that's "pot luck" then.

glimmergate
05-23-14, 01:11 PM
That's a shame, I got 12 forever snow on my first polaris adventure, another one that's "pot luck" then.

Hmm, the polaris adventures should have a 100% chance to drop forever snow (either 8, 10, or 12 of it). are you certain that you did not get any snow?

flagramma
05-23-14, 01:12 PM
Yea! #9 adventure - got pyre egg. Just when I was about to give up and quit. Hang in there everybody

jimboser
05-23-14, 01:17 PM
Yea! #9 adventure - got pyre egg. Just when I was about to give up and quit. Hang in there everybody

I'm on adventures 6 & 7 (maybe 7 & 8?), no eggs yet, and almost out of Piles of Seeds. My two conservatories have suspiciously stopped dropping seeds. A newly placed Conservatory managed to drop one pile last collection.

eepopp
05-23-14, 01:18 PM
Edit (maguar)

Bijou Dragon - Sparkling Egg

8. The Bribe
* Give Winning Ticket x 3
*Trade for Winning Ticket: Trade Ticket x 15 (Royal Exchange, 10mins)
#15 Trade Tickets for 1 Winning Ticket
Rewards: 370 Coins, 3 XP, Baby Bijou Dragon

Bijou Dragon for reference:

http://i59.tinypic.com/23ru6b4.jpghttp://i59.tinypic.com/sc3zg2.jpg

Edit:

Just a quick note about this final step. If you had completed all of the timed quests, you don't need to go through the Royal Exchange and can just click on the "Give" button. (Completing the Timed quests will save you 45 Trade Tickets! (3 x 15 = 45 Trade Tickets for 3 Winning Tickets)...if you are still expanding, I recommend reserving your Trade Tickets for Expansion Permits.)

http://i62.tinypic.com/e9w4r4.jpg

Since I didn't have to do a trade, I missed taking a screenshot of the Royal Exchange, so it would be great if someone grabbed a reference screenshot when they get to that point. Thanks!

mamareader02
05-23-14, 01:20 PM
Yeah,my conservatories have stopped dropping seeds too! Only options left are respite ,maze garden and magic garden,we'll never be able to get enough seeds to finish in time!

Tiggerddh
05-23-14, 01:24 PM
I got my second egg (ultramarine) on my 8th adventure. Probably just a coincidence but I used 36 gems to hatch the Pyre dragon rather than wait for the rest of the crystals and the very next trip I got my second egg.

idrispad
05-23-14, 01:27 PM
I'm really upset about this. I spent gems to run the first venture to the Pyre Caverns and got no dragon scales. The whole quest line is a waste of time for me and, I image, a fair few others who don't have dragons.

It's really taken the shine off the whole game for me.

minndom
05-23-14, 01:28 PM
I got the pyre egg from 4th adventure from Barracks.

flagramma
05-23-14, 01:39 PM
Yeah,my conservatories have stopped dropping seeds too! Only options left are respite ,maze garden and magic garden,we'll never be able to get enough seeds to finish in time!

Mine too. I've had to resort to spending gems. Can't continue that for long. Conservatory used to drop seeds at least 1 out of 3x. Now not at all

DrP4ever
05-23-14, 01:48 PM
Mine too. I've had to resort to spending gems. Can't continue that for long. Conservatory used to drop seeds at least 1 out of 3x. Now not at all

Collected from all available places for seeds this morning and not one seed. Seriously nuts. I'm a level 48 almost 49 player and this quest is going to be a bust for me it looks like.

doobievilla
05-23-14, 01:48 PM
Looking at the stuff needed for the Matrix Dragon kinda makes me want to go into the Matrix and ring the Meroviginans neck cause he needs to Delete the program running that bad boy

knuffel19
05-23-14, 01:57 PM
I'm really upset about this. I spent gems to run the first venture to the Pyre Caverns and got no dragon scales. The whole quest line is a waste of time for me and, I image, a fair few others who don't have dragons.

It's really taken the shine off the whole game for me.

Same here, and after all that hype about the event. Shame.

coulaut
05-23-14, 01:59 PM
how or where can I find the first "scales of dragon" to craft the Dragon Armor ? (since I need a dragon armor to explore the cavern )

idrispad
05-23-14, 02:04 PM
how or where can I find the first "scales of dragon" to craft the Dragon Armor ? (since I need a dragon armor to explore the cavern )

You spend gems to skip that requirement when choosing the adventure.

mreames
05-23-14, 02:07 PM

If you have 5 gems you can skip in the quest book and it will give you an armor. Then hope the first adventure drops a few dragon scales. Otherwise it will then be 8 gems inside the keep.

gogo0811
05-23-14, 02:41 PM
My 5th adventure still no eggs, sending in both barracks and the the Queen/king castle...sigh
I really feel like this goal is going to force us to use gems! It is an unpleasant feeling being forced, especially that I only have 2 dragons, which means no dragon scales, I know some players do not have even one, which proves that TL is not being fair, let alone the Mithril Dragon ( I wanted to buy but lost tons of gems in traps ).

I will continue until I get fed up if no eggs show up then, this goal could sit in the goal book forever, as far as I am concerned I will not use my gems to buy items for adventures that do not meet the goal!

I will buy my Mithril Dragon much better investment in my opinion.

Same here. I am on my seventh adevnture to the caverns. Not one single egg yet. I would have understood if it would take 2-3 tries for the first egg ...that keeps game exciting but 7 tries?? Thats just frustrating. And this just to get ONE egg...i wonder how many times i will need to do this if i need to get all three of them! I feel like my entire game is on hold. I cant use any resources cos i'm saving them for the huge numbers of stuff needed once to do get the egg. Am maxed out on silver, jewels, wood, coal....but cant use it...in anticipation the EGG...
I wish TL would keep these random drops reasonable frequent so as to keep the excitement but avoid the frustrations...

glimmergate
05-23-14, 02:42 PM
Folks, we haven't touched the Seeds droprates... they're the same as they've been since we first released them. Remember you can build additional Conservatories if you need.

idrispad
05-23-14, 02:43 PM
What makes this all the more amusing is the quote from last week where they extended the quest time deadline because they like these to be "challenging but fair". Well, this one is certainly challenging... :rolleyes:

my607
05-23-14, 03:02 PM
Never mind I found a pic of that dragon. But having a hard time getting second egg.

my607
05-23-14, 03:06 PM
I just got seeds and fertilizer from conservatory.

gogo0811
05-23-14, 03:07 PM
Yupppp...
Fair??. Well, yeah of course its fair...???..NOT
.there's a fine line between a challenge being motivating/exciting and a challenge being frustrating/draining. For some of the players it appears that the quest is indeed exciting since they have been getting the eegs withing a reasonable timeframe. But in my case the challenge has just crossed the line and started becoming frustrating...

dadspad
05-23-14, 03:14 PM
TL doesn't want me to have any eggs. Not only have I received zero eggs after six adventures (plus the first one) and zero dragon scales, I just collected from my dragons looking for more scales and I got five energy and jewels! It's ridiculous that this quest is limited to ten days when you can only collect scales once a day and they're not a guaranteed drop. I'm a level 50 player with a decent stock of mostly everything but at this rate I'll burn through all my dragon scales (and most of my mithril) and have nothing to show for it except pyre crystals since I'm also not getting any dragon scales from any sources (tried the royal exchange also and nothing). And the adventure doesn't drop any gems like the normal ones, either.

I've gotten 1-3 gems from several of the Pyre Caverns and Polaris Adventures. Haven't gotten much useful from the troves, save a large diamond, so far. Most troves just net me the messages that I'm full of something and a smattering of coins.

vednir
05-23-14, 03:17 PM
I just had another pyre egg drop from an adventure but sadly my first one hasn't been hatched yet. Has anyone here hatched a second egg? Is it possible?

Liloze
05-23-14, 03:23 PM
Same here. I am on my seventh adevnture to the caverns. Not one single egg yet. I would have understood if it would take 2-3 tries for the first egg ...that keeps game exciting but 7 tries?? Thats just frustrating. And this just to get ONE egg...i wonder how many times i will need to do this if i need to get all three of them! I feel like my entire game is on hold. I cant use any resources cos i'm saving them for the huge numbers of stuff needed once to do get the egg. Am maxed out on silver, jewels, wood, coal....but cant use it...in anticipation the EGG...
I wish TL would keep these random drops reasonable frequent so as to keep the excitement but avoid the frustrations...
Same my whole game is now dead bcz am afraid to usedmy stocks of almost everything in anticipation of the coming phases AFTER getting 3 EGGS if ever! :rolleyes:

gogo0811
05-23-14, 03:25 PM
I've gotten 1-3 gems from several of the Pyre Caverns and Polaris Adventures. Haven't gotten much useful from the troves, save a large diamond, so far. Most troves just net me the messages that I'm full of something and a smattering of coins.

Yup, i hear you rosewater lilly and dadspad. Welcome to the 'this quest is gettign frustrating' club!! Am in exactly the same boat. Resources all maxed up, no egg yet, depleting rsources of dragon scales and mithril...
Yup, at this rate we will probably end up with 10 days of doing nothing but cavern adventures every three hours and...no eggs!

DrP4ever
05-23-14, 03:27 PM
Seventh or eighth lost count, no eggs. Just collected from conservatory and garden again no seeds. Not one seed in about 24 hours. Didn't realize I could have 2 conservatories so I bought another one but don't have resources to upgrade it so not much use there. My seeds were used up previously trying to do the other quest. If it wasn't a times quest it wouldn't be a big deal but when it is a timed quest and you can't get the resources like seeds, dragons scales, mithril etc it just isn't fun.

Edit: just chopped the trove thing and got an expansion permit, since I still need at least 6 more that was an awesome drop

JayUK69
05-23-14, 03:34 PM
Just had an Ultramarine and Sparkling egg drop from the same adventure.

Liloze
05-23-14, 03:35 PM
7th Adventure and no Egg still waiting for the barracks, at this rate my Mithril, dragon scales, seeds, Mermaid scales and Glimmerdust, etc will be depleted and what do I get from the treasure trove, Jewels and Iron which Soon I will be also maxed out on, though I am forging swords and armors ....SIGH :confused:

forkyfork99
05-23-14, 03:36 PM
After 7 adventures of nothing, I finally got my first egg (it was Pyre) egg. But now I'm out of mithril. So I've got both a jeweler's trade going on and a deep mine to collect from soon. Hopefully one comes to my rescue. If not, it'll be 8 gems for me :-/

my607
05-23-14, 03:44 PM
I just saw someone with 3 dragons already. That's so fast.

forkyfork99
05-23-14, 03:46 PM
I just saw someone with 3 dragons already. That's so fast.

Sounds like a lot of gems to me ;)

ghjvcucjb
05-23-14, 03:46 PM
9th adventures sent, 0 eggs.

Forced close then deleted then reinstalled in hopes of fixing the odds. Lost everything from last adventure including treasure trove and pyre crystals. DO NOT delete/reinstall before a sync happens or you will lose everything.

forkyfork99
05-23-14, 03:47 PM
I have to say I'm disappointed that the "Drop It Like It's Hot" quest has a PICTURE of a hot pepper as the icon, but requires no hot peppers whatsoever.

And oh how I wish because I maxed on them before this quest (after they said "it's gonna be hot")

ikbentochnietgek
05-23-14, 03:48 PM
3times in a row i didnt receive any energy from the pyre caves. Does anybody has similair experience? I do see an energy sign but it dissapears very soon and no energy gain at all. Bug?

forkyfork99
05-23-14, 03:48 PM
9th adventures sent, 0 eggs.

Forced close then deleted then reinstalled in hopes of fixing the odds. Lost everything from last adventure including treasure trove and pyre crystals. DO NOT delete/reinstall before a sync happens or you will lose everything.

OH NO!! But is this possible this means you didn't lose your quest materials? Or can you collect from your castle again?

forkyfork99
05-23-14, 03:50 PM
3times in a row i didnt receive any energy from the pyre caves. Does anybody has similair experience? I do see an energy sign but it dissapears very soon and no energy gain at all. Bug?

On some of my quests I have NOT received any energy. And sometimes I only get them from the troves. It is not a guarantee.

Liloze
05-23-14, 03:54 PM

I never received any energy from the pyre caves until now!

ghjvcucjb
05-23-14, 04:02 PM
OH NO!! But is this possible this means you didn't lose your quest materials? Or can you collect from your castle again?

Thank you for the concern Forky:) Once the game reloaded the castle was ready to send out, meaning the last adventure registered BUT when I went into inventory I was missing one trove and some of the pyre crystals. I saw the trove in my inventory before I deleted the game and assumed everything was safe and sound before I deleted. It is what it is. Just wanted to warn everyone to be careful if they decide to do the same. People (including myself) start to get desperate after a while and will try anything including the usual, force close, delete, reinstall. Just a warning before anyone does that. Wouldn't want anyone repeating my mistake. Feels yucky, especially on top of no dragon eggs.

arikasi
05-23-14, 04:03 PM
Twice now I have had you cannot hold any more Pyre egg.

After putting so much into sending these adventures it is infuriating that this was not coded better to eliminate the duplicate eggs that you can not even keep in inventory! Seeing this happen while you are waiting for the other eggs is like a slap in the face.

ghjvcucjb
05-23-14, 04:04 PM

After putting so much into sending these adventures it is infuriating that this was not coded better to eliminate the duplicate eggs that you can not even keep in inventory! Seeing this happen while you are waiting for the other eggs is like a slap in the face.
Hearing about this when you have zero eggs is a slap in the face

Liloze
05-23-14, 04:07 PM
Thank you for the concern Forky:) Once the game reloaded the castle was ready to send out, meaning the last adventure registered BUT when I went into inventory I was missing one trove and some of the pyre crystals. I saw the trove in my inventory before I deleted the game and assumed everything was safe and sound before I deleted. It is what it is. Just wanted to warn everyone to be careful if they decide to do the same. People (including myself) start to get desperate after a while and will try anything including the usual, force close, delete, reinstall. Just a warning before anyone does that. Wouldn't want anyone repeating my mistake. Feels yucky, especially on top of no dragon eggs.

So sorry for the mishap! As if it is not frustrating enough to get no eggs, you lost the materials of your last adventure, Crossing my fingers for you, good luck :)

Liloze
05-23-14, 04:10 PM

For those of us with ZERO Eggs after 8th adventure, reading what you wrote is a slap in the face!

jasren
05-23-14, 04:18 PM
8th adventure- no eggs :////
1/2 out of mithril, all out of living wood, have used gems to speed up a few adventures, still no eggs. :(

jptheripper
05-23-14, 04:24 PM
got a trade ticket from treasure trove.

What rocks are the best source for jewels? i am out and am about to need 200 :(

dragon2046
05-23-14, 04:36 PM
What rocks are best for coal? Iron rich or regular rocks? Won't do the gem ones.

Liloze
05-23-14, 04:37 PM
Hearing about this when you have zero eggs is a slap in the face

Oops you said it before, not plagirizing Iswear, lol :)

Queenzod
05-23-14, 04:37 PM
I have to say I'm not enjoying this update at all. I got my pyre egg on the 4th try, and I've now sent out 10 adventures looking for the other eggs. So far no luck. There are too many bottlenecks on the basic stuff to make the ice blade and pink armor in the quantities required.

It is not possible to do this adventures 24/7 over the course of 10 days, and the eggs are not dropping as they could. I know it's early in this update, but I just have to say, I thought we had learned about the horrors of random drops already! Actually, many times over the past months. Why does TL insist on using them? It just makes for unhappiness and disgruntlement among the players.

I knew there was going to be screaming today, and it's true, there is. Knowing that others haven't even gotten the first egg after numerous tries makes me sad. There has got to be a way to make the prep for the adventure a little more complicated, and then get a guaranteed drop. Hatching the eggs is complicated enough, and would have made a fine update in itself.

I'm not giving up hope yet. I'll keep adventuring as long as I can, but I just wanted to say I feel for the players here who are struggling, once again, with this whole random drop nonsense. It takes away from the pleasure of my game knowing others are out of supplies and out of luck.

TL, please note that luck is not s****. Make the updates more s**** based, please!

gogo0811
05-23-14, 04:39 PM
8th adventure- no eggs :////
1/2 out of mithril, all out of living wood, have used gems to speed up a few adventures, still no eggs. :(

9th adventure, depleting mithril, depleting dragon scales...maxed out wood, silver, jewels, coal, ...NO SIGN OF THE EGG
...disappointing, frustrating, ...

Liloze
05-23-14, 04:40 PM
What rocks are best for coal? Iron rich or regular rocks? Won't do the gem ones.

Iron Rocks are the best, you get also silver from them and sometimes ( rarely golden nuggets) :)

my607
05-23-14, 04:42 PM
Coals u should use outcropping rock.

hugpete
05-23-14, 04:43 PM
And the adventure doesn't drop any gems like the normal ones, either.

I've received gems from the new adventure.

Folks, we haven't touched the Seeds droprates... they're the same as they've been since we first released them. Remember you can build additional Conservatories if you need.
Thank you for commenting about this. I had expected they hadn't changed, and was going to say so, but it's nice to have the official word on it. :)

I've had one adventure that didn't give me energy.

~~

I posted my previous adventure and trove drops here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?68871-Castle-Story-05-22-2014-EVENT-Infiltrate-The-Pyre-Caverns&p=905599&viewfull=1#post905599). I need more Large Diamonds, so I busted all my Treasure Troves.

Trove 5: 1 wood, 4 jewels, 45 coins.
Trove 6: 1 bacon, 2 jewels, 2 iron ores.
Trove 7: 5 jewels, 15 coins, ? iron ore (was full).
Trove 8: 1 red dye, 6 jewels.
Trove 9: 3 energy, 3 jewels.
Trove 10: 1 fancy block, 3 jewels.

Adventure 9: 3 pyre crystals, 2 bones, 2 prime cuts.
Adventure 10: 5 energy, 2 pyre crystals, 2 dragon scales, 1 sparkling egg.

Liloze
05-23-14, 04:46 PM
Iron Rich Rocks is your best bet, it also gives Silver, you will be needing those as well, I never buy the usual rock when I need extra of silver , jewels and coal .

paddock4
05-23-14, 04:46 PM
Iam really sad and frustrated. 9th adventure 0 egg. :(Low in mithril . I'am disappointed. :(:(:( I deleted and reinstall, nothing happend.

forkyfork99
05-23-14, 04:56 PM
Iron Rich Rocks is your best bet, it also gives Silver, you will be needing those as well, I never buy the usual rock when I need extra of silver , jewels and coal .

The iron rich rock does NOT always give silver. I've chopped a few specifically for that purpose and it is not guaranteed.

If you need coal I'd just go with the large outcropping. You get more chops, it costs less money, and you still have the chance for the same materials (silver, jewels, iron, etc.)

Liloze
05-23-14, 04:58 PM
9th adventure ZERO eggs, and only 13 pyre crystals, what do I get from the trove this Jewels and a bunch of couns and something I am maxed out on ! Now am half way through my Mithril stock, and the Conservatory is dropping NOTHING 3rd time in a row ! As usual with these LUCK BASED goals the frustration is ending all the fun!

Liloze
05-23-14, 05:03 PM
The iron rich rock does NOT always give silver. I've chopped a few specifically for that purpose and it is not guaranteed.

If you need coal I'd just go with the large outcropping. You get more chops, it costs less money, and you still have the chance for the same materials (silver, jewels, iron, etc.)

I am not saying it does always give silver, but the chances are way higher than outcropping rocks, I always get what I need from the Iron Rocks, maybe I am lucky that way! :)

freesiawoods
05-23-14, 05:03 PM
No egg for me either on either game. How on earth will I complete so many steps in a few days???

MiloBear5
05-23-14, 05:07 PM
Do more upgraded conservatories drop more seeds? Any other seed collecting tips?

sandover789
05-23-14, 05:09 PM
I have to say I'm not enjoying this update at all. I got my pyre egg on the 4th try, and I've now sent out 10 adventures looking for the other eggs. So far no luck. There are too many bottlenecks on the basic stuff to make the ice blade and pink armor in the quantities required.

It is not possible to do this adventures 24/7 over the course of 10 days, and the eggs are not dropping as they could. I know it's early in this update, but I just have to say, I thought we had learned about the horrors of random drops already! Actually, many times over the past months. Why does TL insist on using them? It just makes for unhappiness and disgruntlement among the players.

I knew there was going to be screaming today, and it's true, there is. Knowing that others haven't even gotten the first egg after numerous tries makes me sad. There has got to be a way to make the prep for the adventure a little more complicated, and then get a guaranteed drop. Hatching the eggs is complicated enough, and would have made a fine update in itself.

I'm not giving up hope yet. I'll keep adventuring as long as I can, but I just wanted to say I feel for the players here who are struggling, once again, with this whole random drop nonsense. It takes away from the pleasure of my game knowing others are out of supplies and out of luck.

TL, please note that luck is not s****. Make the updates more s**** based, please!

So Right. Truly Agree!!

forkyfork99
05-23-14, 05:09 PM
I am not saying it does always give silver, but the chances are way higher than outcropping rocks, I always get what I need from the Iron Rocks, maybe I am lucky that way! :)

I'd be interested to see someone do a test.

And I have been having better luck with the outcroppings for coal vs. the iron rich rock. But I'm sure it's probably just luck of the draw.

forkyfork99
05-23-14, 05:12 PM
There has got to be a way to make the prep for the adventure a little more complicated, and then get a guaranteed drop. Hatching the eggs is complicated enough, and would have made a fine update in itself.

I agree. Why not just make the egg a guaranteed drop but require the quest to use 5 swords and 5 armor? Or something similar.

forkyfork99
05-23-14, 05:17 PM
So if we start hatching an egg now, does that mean that we could get another one of that same egg and get two of the same dragon (but only if we start hatching the egg while the quest is going on?)

cole7286
05-23-14, 05:19 PM
Does anyone have a Bijou egg?

cole7286
05-23-14, 05:24 PM
So if we start hatching an egg now, does that mean that we could get another one of that same egg and get two of the same dragon (but only if we start hatching the egg while the quest is going on?)

Apparently not as 1 egg of each type is the max.

kahoffman
I've got a Bijou/Sparkling egg - it dropped on my 9th adventure, and was the first egg I received!

kolakid
got the Bijou before the Ultramarine one

forkyfork99
05-23-14, 05:25 PM
Ugh - after doing the jeweler's trade AND collecting from my deep mine I didn't get a single thing of mithril.

So I had to break down and spend the 8 gems on the sword. :-/

Liloze
05-23-14, 05:27 PM
Does anyone have a Bijou egg?

Lol I wish I had ANY of the Eggs, After my 9th adventure, still Zero.

cole7286
05-23-14, 05:30 PM
Lol I wish I had ANY of the Eggs, After my 9th adventure, still Zero.

Do you have the Barracks too? Have you had good treasure troves ?

Liloze
05-23-14, 05:34 PM
Do you have the Barracks too? Have you had good treasure troves ?

Yep I have the barracks too, and no I am getting nothing of interest from the treasure troves, coins, jewels ( maxed out on ) and another something am maxed out on nothing else until now :(

hugpete
05-23-14, 05:36 PM

Apparently not as 1 egg of each type is the max.

But if one HATCHES that egg, one should be able to collect another egg of the same type.

cole7286
05-23-14, 05:40 PM
Yep I have the barracks too, and no I am getting nothing of interest from the treasure troves, coins, jewels ( maxed out on ) and another something am maxed out on nothing else until now :(

Ouch, I had that problem when it was the trinket. Do you at least have 50 wool in preparation for the Pyre egg ?

cole7286
05-23-14, 05:44 PM
But if one HATCHES that egg, one should be able to collect another egg of the same type.

Sorry, my mistake. Hatching one during this event seems a big ask.

AVAL0NIAN
05-23-14, 05:47 PM
Any idea which egg has the lowest drop rate?
I'll try to hatch my Pyre egg and see if I can get another. I'll report back.
Still waiting for Matrix egg. Looks like that's the difficult one.
Managed to get a Bijou egg but probably not going to hatch it yet.
Anyone tried hatching a roost dragon egg with the large diamond? How?

freesiawoods
05-23-14, 05:49 PM
Urggh. Random drops plus timed quests equals misery. But randomness is the foundation of TL games. They did warn us in the quest book not to get frustrated hahahaha.

Not sure how long my mithril can last, I thought 50+ was plenty.

mreames
05-23-14, 05:53 PM
I'd be interested to see someone do a test.

And I have been having better luck with the outcroppings for coal vs. the iron rich rock. But I'm sure it's probably just luck of the draw.

A lot of it depends on what you need. If you specifically need iron ore then the iron rich rock is great for that and some people say you'll get as many jewels and silver out of it as you do from the outcroppings.
But frankly if I need stone, too, I'd rather spend the money for the outcroppings. I can't afford to buy tons of iron rich rock and I do think the outcroppings do provide more coal than iron rich rock. My personal opinion.

ashanthya
05-23-14, 05:57 PM
Shouldn't the Troll Vault be an option to get a Big Diamond, too? I mean, since it already drops the other individual gems, like the Large Emerald?

mreames
05-23-14, 05:58 PM
Any idea which egg has the lowest drop rate?
I'll try to hatch my Pyre egg and see if I can get another. I'll report back.
Still waiting for Matrix egg. Looks like that's the difficult one.
Managed to get a Bijou egg but probably not going to hatch it yet.
Anyone tried hatching a roost dragon egg with the large diamond? How?

My bet is that you got the hardest one, the bijou. I have the pyre and ultramarine eggs and I've seen a lot of people that got those but haven't heard too many reporting the bijou yet. There are some, obviously. :)

When I got a large diamond from a trove, it checked off the part of the quest to obtain a large diamond in regards to hatching my dragon from the roost. I still need the ember though. I was just about to go adventuring for it when this all came up. So still on hold.

forkyfork99
05-23-14, 05:58 PM
A lot of it depends on what you need. If you specifically need iron ore then the iron rich rock is great for that and some people say you'll get as many jewels and silver out of it as you do from the outcroppings.
But frankly if I need stone, too, I'd rather spend the money for the outcroppings. I can't afford to buy tons of iron rich rock and I do think the outcroppings do provide more coal than iron rich rock. My personal opinion.

Yes, I agree that if you need iron (or you are SEVERELY lacking on space) the iron rich rock is the way to go.

Liloze
05-23-14, 06:01 PM
Ouch, I had that problem when it was the trinket. Do you at least have 50 wool in preparation for the Pyre egg ?

OMG do not remind me of the Trinkets goals lol I was so unlucky On that one, seems it is a pattern now lol.
Yes I have been saving everything needed for the next phase, which means I am doing nothing , my whole game is stopped to keep stock in anticipation of what's to come, and stocking on what I will need tons of, lol
This goal is by far the most frustrating bcz the materials needed are so rare!

jptheripper
05-23-14, 06:02 PM
I have the bijou dragon. "Hatching" it was completely the last step, then I placed baby dragon on the board

AVAL0NIAN
05-23-14, 06:05 PM
Thanks mreames. I'm functioning with 1 dragon. So my dragon scales are running pretty low. But I don't have the ember anyway. Seems almost impossible to get from the adventure. But you have given me hope to get the ultramarine egg. Good luck on your quest.

becachic99
05-23-14, 06:09 PM
I just hatched a baby flare dragon!

cole7286
05-23-14, 06:09 PM
Whoa 3 people(including me) on this single page need an/another ember.

fabulus12
05-23-14, 06:16 PM
I've been on about 10 adventures, no eggs yet. I love this long guest, I don't care for random drops, I'm just unlucky. Still happy to keep trying, making the items needed for more quests.
Good luck everybody.

paddock4
05-23-14, 06:17 PM
I need helppppp. It's some wrong with my game? 10 adventure and ZERO EGG. PLEASEEEE, help me.

mreames
05-23-14, 06:20 PM
Thanks mreames. I'm functioning with 1 dragon. So my dragon scales are running pretty low. But I don't have the ember anyway. Seems almost impossible to get from the adventure. But you have given me hope to get the ultramarine egg. Good luck on your quest.

Thanks and good luck to you, too. :)
Lol I'm hanging on by a thread without a dragon on this account. I had one dragon scale from a rainbow pot but I paid 5 gems to skip the armor in the quest book while the vital extract was brewing so I could do 2 adventures for sure. Then I got more dragon scales from the 1st and 3rd adventures. :)

dragon2046
05-23-14, 06:20 PM
Whoa 3 people(including me) on this single page need an/another ember.

U can make that four! I have an egg that's been just sitting there waiting on an ember.

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-23-14, 06:24 PM

Yes, but the quest to hatch a second one will *not* be there so you'll just have an egg in your inventory.

kahoffman
05-23-14, 06:25 PM
U can make that four! I have an egg that's been just sitting there waiting on an ember.

Five! I've been waiting on an ember for months.

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-23-14, 06:27 PM
I just got Greselda's maze garden built last night... Anyone know if it will ever drop anything besides coins? (Specifically, piles of seeds?)...or does it need to be upgraded first before it will drop extra stuff....?

Anaboe
05-23-14, 06:30 PM
I wil NEVER complain about Castle Story again, not even about my lack of living wood, I am SO lucky

I started this event with a shortage on living wood, and only 1 Dragon Scale, and no Dragons. Have 30+ mithril, and 99 seeds, so that wasn't a problem.

The first adventure brought me 2 Dragonscales, so I had 2 tries to get a dragon egg. The second adventure brought me close to nothing, but the third both brought me the Prye egg, and 2 Dragonscales!

For me, when this event started, I said I would be happy if I even got 1 egg, and now, on the second day, I have one already.

Thank you Team Lava!

To all: I wish you all the luck! I hope I didn't use it all ;)

outhouse01
05-23-14, 06:32 PM
I just got Greselda's maze garden built last night... Anyone know if it will ever drop anything besides coins? (Specifically, piles of seeds?)...or does it need to be upgraded first before it will drop extra stuff....?

Never seen piles of seeds from it, however, have got dark seeds and plants from time to time. Others may advise if they got pile of seeds. Cheers

CLOVERKAITO
05-23-14, 06:36 PM
The adventure has been dropping mostly those pyre stones and dragon scales for me.
I would be grateful for dragon scales if I haven't already maxed out on them...
I bought the mythril dragon when it came out a while ago (with gems from the adventures, purple cow, and getting the other storm8 games.)

Now 6 tries and have only gotten the pyre egg... really hoping to get the rest of the eggs soon since I'm gonna be super busy at work the next few days!

Now I'm collecting mushrooms like crazy since I was really short on those and had made no vital extracts at all until this quest.

So far I like the challenge for this quest so thank you TL! Hopefully I will get the other two eggs before 10 days are up >_<

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-23-14, 06:37 PM
Never seen piles of seeds from it, however, have got dark seeds and plants from time to time. Others may advise if they got pile of seeds. Cheers

Well dangit lol ... Thanks, nbor, was hoping for another source for piles of seeds to make more vital extract...oh well, I'll make em as I can.
Good luck everybody! :)

dadspad
05-23-14, 06:37 PM
I just had another pyre egg drop from an adventure but sadly my first one hasn't been hatched yet. Has anyone here hatched a second egg? Is it possible?

I don't think it is possible to hatch a second egg. Same thing happened to me, got an ultramarine and pyre in one adventure, but had also gotten a pyre the adventure before. It was the saddest thing seeing that message that I was already at my max on pyre eggs. I hope it goes back in the pool and one of the people who haven't gotten their egg yet gets it. It deserves a good home.

doobievilla
05-23-14, 06:45 PM
please no one slit their wrists over this.. Ultramarine Egg maybe.. since it tosses you into that silly ass adv/exchange.. i pray that i never get the Matrix egg.. in other words deal and enjoy.. and lets thank Agg and Glimmer for their nice work

Liloze
05-23-14, 06:49 PM
10 th adventure NO Eggs and I get one Large Cristal a hearty feast and a sowrd with no energy, From 10 adventures I only got One time aa20 energy maybe, no Dragon scales no nothing!
Really TL I am sending my knights for the last two times if the eggs dies not show up, This goal can stay eternally in my Goal book will not waste my Mithril seeds Dragon scales and don't know what else to get zilch while other players are getting 2 different eggs in one adventures and some are getting the same kind more than twice, so TL is this friggin' fair?:mad:

Stop this Random Drop Not all people are lucky, At least give a higher chance , but as things are going with a 4th collection from conservatory yielding no seeds....Well To Heck with the goal completely.
I am mad yes and I have had enough of relying on LUCk for this game!:mad:

Beleriand
05-23-14, 06:55 PM
No! Not the....W word.

Hahaha hahaha oh so true. This made me smile.

outhouse01
05-23-14, 06:56 PM
please no one slit their wrists over this.. Ultramarine Egg maybe.. since it tosses you into that silly ass adv/exchange.. i pray that i never get the Matrix egg.. in other words deal and enjoy.. and lets thank Agg and Glimmer for their nice work

Hay Doodie, you are slowly growing on me. I agree exactly. It will happen when it happens, we all have roadblocks, for me, Vital Extract, however, we still have 8-9 days to go to get the eggs. No wrist slitting for me yet. Cheers.

CLOVERKAITO
Yeah I agree with what others have said... maybe make it require 5 or even 10 swords + armours for maybe a 1 day long adventure for a guaranteed drop of each egg. Checking the game every 3 hours is pretty taxing when you have other real life obligations...

Liloze
Now the game is not letting me Collect from my treasure trove:mad:I placed it and did not store it and sent my knights on their last attempt for eggs, came back to collect from the treasure trove it is there but I cannot touch it nothing happens! :mad:Just to add insult to injury! :mad:

Dabag
05-23-14, 07:00 PM
Ultramarine Egg - Matrix Dragon

2. Nose Goes!
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Pyre%20Caverns%20Dragon%20Eggs/pyre%20caverns%20Matrix%20Dragon/2nosegoesMatrix-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Pyre%20Caverns%20Dragon%20Eggs/pyre%20caverns%20Matrix%20Dragon/2polarisnorthadventure-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Pyre%20Caverns%20Dragon%20Eggs/pyre%20caverns%20Matrix%20Dragon/2polarisnorthgingerbread-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Pyre%20Caverns%20Dragon%20Eggs/pyre%20caverns%20Matrix%20Dragon/hotchoc-Copy.jpg

Liloze
05-23-14, 07:02 PM
I cannot believe this :confused:My treasure trove disappeared I tried to store it, and I thought by replacing it I will be able to open it it simply disappeared and there 's nothing in my stock list, Great just about GREAT :mad:

Dabag
05-23-14, 07:04 PM
The ADVENTURE: To Polaris North has changed in requirements from Kingdom Inn quest
Same goes for the Gingerbread
Never had the Hot Chocolate in the Kitchen - it was collect from cottages
I had 76 in my inventory - maxed allowed now is 50

would really appreciate someone posting a pic of the Kitchen recipe for the Hot Chocolate
it is probably one I will not have.

ghjvcucjb
05-23-14, 07:06 PM

No, that's not how it works. First we all have to be ridiculously over excited about the new update. Fill the first page with hopeful glee and thanks for the update. Then the next page wonders when it's going to start and lengthy discussion on time zone stuff. Once it starts then several pages of serious coming live as it happens post followed by pages of assumptions and confusions followed by the gemmers with screen shots followed by more confusion and questions followed by reprimands to actually read the first page followed by questions starting with I haven't read all the posts but followed by the first set of complaints about requirements followed by one person who miraculously has already obtained all goals followed by silence followed by encouragement and hopeful support followed by speculation on drop rate decrease followed by pages and pages of disappointment, unhappiness, frustration followed by condescending smack downs followed by silence followed by flippant responses followed by threats of quitting and deleting and possible storming TL offices with pitchforks followed by a mad rush to neighbors walls to whine followed by long stories of loyalty but not any more followed by majority accomplishing the goal followed by a few who never get lucky followed by support for those unlucky followed by more threats of deletion and possible letter writing followed by the end of the quest THEN everyone who succeeded will Thank TL while those who didn't feel angry and hurt.

We're only at flippant responses....

hugpete
05-23-14, 07:08 PM
Yes, but the quest to hatch a second one will *not* be there so you'll just have an egg in your inventory.
*shrug* We don't know that for sure. The pyre crystals can be crafted so many a 2nd pyre dragon can be hatched.

This goal can stay eternally in my Goal book
Actually, it'll go away after the 10 days are up.

Now the game is not letting me Collect from my treasure trove:mad:I placed it and did not store it and sent my knights on their last attempt for eggs, came back to collect from the treasure trove it is there but I cannot touch it nothing happens! :mad:Just to add insult to injury! :mad:
I had the same problem. Closed out the game and restarted it; problem was resolved. Good luck!

My 11th adventure group is due back in 20 minutes! :)

outhouse01
05-23-14, 07:10 PM

With all due respect, can someone from TL check this persons game and advise if there is anything wrong with it. It appears that every time a new quest appears this person has a problem. It's either a problem with his/her game or we need to organise the Endeavour Foundation.

Cheers

hugpete
05-23-14, 07:10 PM
No, that's not how it works. First we all have to be ridiculously over excited about the new update. Fill the first page with hopeful glee and thanks for the update. Then the next page wonders when it's going to start and lengthy discussion on time zone stuff. Once it starts then several pages of serious coming live as it happens post followed by pages of assumptions and confusions followed by the gemmers with screen shots followed by more confusion and questions followed by reprimands to actually read the first page followed by questions starting with I haven't read all the posts but followed by the first set of complaints about requirements followed by one person who miraculously has already obtained all goals followed by silence followed by encouragement and hopeful support followed by speculation on drop rate decrease followed by pages and pages of disappointment, unhappiness, frustration followed by condescending smack downs followed by silence followed by flippant responses followed by threats of quitting and deleting and possible storming TL offices with pitchforks followed by a mad rush to neighbors walls to whine followed by long stories of loyalty but not any more followed by majority accomplishing the goal followed by a few who never get lucky followed by support for those unlucky followed by more threats of deletion and possible letter writing followed by the end of the quest THEN everyone who succeeded will Thank TL while those who didn't feel angry and hurt.

This is EPIC and funny. It's funny because it's true.

forkyfork99
05-23-14, 07:12 PM
Hey TL - I understand you want to keep a balance of keeping the experienced players happy but while also making it enticing to the lower-level players. The problem is, when you create a quest that is based purely on luck, it's going to upset a lot of people and seem unfair, especially with this forum in place for people to brag about their accomplishments.

I do like the idea of a 3-hour mini quest as it's something different, but I don't like the total randomness of getting an egg. Maybe in the future you could have a fail safe where if by 5 adventures you didn't get an egg, it would automatically give one to you. This would also encourage others to try the quest, especially if they were short on materials, and may also encourage others to spend gems because they know there would be some reward. It's hard to sacrifice your gems when you're not even sure what you're going to get out of it.

arikasi
05-23-14, 07:21 PM
That was what comes when trying to keep up on the game while busy irl.

I realize there are a lot of people who haven't got a single egg yet. Once you've done 10 adventures and not received an egg then my heart goes out to you. I have sent out adventures continuously on two accounts with the exception of one in the middle of the night. And at this rate my stockpile will be gone long before the event finishes. The randomness of drop given how long and hard it was to accumulate those commodities is hard to reconcile.

Add me to the list of people waiting for an ember, since last October. (But averaging only one to two sweet feasts a week).

This event was so anticipated, with the whats coming in May, i am lucky I met the requirements and could participate, I do feel bad for those who dont have a chance without a dragon or a reasonable stockpile to begin.

eepopp
05-23-14, 07:24 PM
The ADVENTURE: To Polaris North has changed in requirements from Kingdom Inn quest
Same goes for the Gingerbread
Never had the Hot Chocolate in the Kitchen - it was collect from cottages
I had 76 in my inventory - maxed allowed now is 50

would really appreciate someone posting a pic of the Kitchen recipe for the Hot Chocolate
it is probably one I will not have.

Here you go!

http://i60.tinypic.com/2dquiu.jpg

Liloze
05-23-14, 07:28 PM
Start Organizing then :p

Liloze
05-23-14, 07:29 PM
With all due respect, can someone from TL check this persons game and advise if there is anything wrong with it. It appears that every time a new quest appears this person has a problem. It's either a problem with his/her game or we need to organise the Endeavour Foundation.

Cheers

Start organizing then :p pfffft

Dabag
05-23-14, 07:29 PM
thank you so much eepopp

copied it, now I can update my thread, that makes me happy

thanks to you

Liloze
05-23-14, 07:36 PM
*shrug* We don't know that for sure. The pyre crystals can be crafted so many a 2nd pyre dragon can be hatched.

Actually, it'll go away after the 10 days are up.

I had the same problem. Closed out the game and restarted it; problem was resolved. Good luck!

My 11th adventure group is due back in 20 minutes! :)

first, good luck with your 11th adventure,
Second, nope it did not work for me, force closed, restarted, nothing, anyway, I don't really care about the Treasure trove, but it was the ladt straw after a long streak of bad luck :)

I am depleting my stock of rare Materials for nothing until now, seems it is the "trinkets" all over again.
Anyways thanks and good luck to you :)

mnjcafe
05-23-14, 07:39 PM
... followed by pages and pages of disappointment, unhappiness, frustration followed by condescending smack downs followed by silence followed by flippant responses followed by threats of quitting and deleting and possible storming TL offices with pitchforks followed by a mad rush to neighbors walls to whine followed by long stories of loyalty but not any more followed by majority accomplishing the goal followed by a few who never get lucky followed by support for those unlucky followed by more threats of deletion and possible letter writing followed by the end of the quest THEN everyone who succeeded will Thank TL while those who didn't feel angry and hurt.

I think I just died laughing. So true.

I get that a lot of people are frustrated. I really do. (I too have been on several adventures and don't have any eggs yet, and I too have been burned by the harvest pergola. Argh, pergola!) That being said, to start with the rage-quitting when we are only a day into the event, and accuse TL of being unfair, and so on, seems like way too soon. There is still hope, everyone!

I thought I was out of luck because I am down to 7 gems and I need 8 gems on each adventure (since I don't have mithril), but then my latest jeweler's trade came back with mithril, so I am adventuring again. I have already done three jeweler's trades and I plan to keep doing them because I would really like the opportunity to get at least one egg during the event.

Count me sixth (I think) amongst those who have an unhatched egg from the roost for weeks/months now, and can't get a burning ember.

One thing that nobody has mentioned so far (I was surprised), is whether opening up the adventures to Polaris North makes it possible to finish an unfinished reindeer stable. I guess I'm off to find that thread and see!

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-23-14, 07:46 PM
*shrug* We don't know that for sure. The pyre crystals can be crafted so many a 2nd pyre dragon can be hatched......

Actually, I may be wrong but I think the option to craft pyre crystals will disappear once you give the 100 crystals (since they're not needed for anything beyond the pyre dragon)...and even if it doesn't disappear, the quests to hatch them DO disappear... so again, you're left with no option to hatch a duplicate egg of the same type....and the egg will just sit in your inventory.

Liloze
05-23-14, 07:52 PM
. ....and the egg will just sit in your inventory.
lol I wish...;)

my607
05-23-14, 08:00 PM
I'm running low on living wood and chop trees and no living wood.

mnjcafe
05-23-14, 08:02 PM
my607, are you crafting living wood in the potion shop with spare wood and petals?

DrP4ever
05-23-14, 08:13 PM
9th adventure, no egg. :(

Edit, I received one measly mermaid scale in the trove.

mreames
05-23-14, 08:14 PM
Lmao! That seems to sum it all up. I definitely did laugh!

No, that's not how it works. First we all have to be ridiculously over excited about the new update. Fill the first page with hopeful glee and thanks for the update. Then the next page wonders when it's going to start and lengthy discussion on time zone stuff..........

cakeafterme
05-23-14, 08:19 PM
Wow! I hadn't spent much time reading the comments on those who have gone through multiple quests with yielding any dragon egg (too busy reading all hatching instructions :)). I'm never lucky with anything...for real. But I guess I should consider myself lucky this time: I got Sparkling egg from first quest, pyre on 2nd and ultramarine on my 3rd! I thought it's been fixed that way to ensure everyone gets one of each. Boy was I wrong!

TinksThots
05-23-14, 08:19 PM
Oh wow this is a massive thread... gave up halfway through page two... one thing:

DON'T PAY 350 FOR A DRAGON, PAY 180 FOR HIS PARTS IN THE MAGIC FORGE, YEAH HE'S GOTTA INCUBATE BUT STILL... O_O

And a question... so as I'm scrolling to see what's coming and as my jaw falls further and further through my floor, I ask you all please... I've just barely gotten started... what do I stockpile for all this, what can I keep using in the background to keep being productive otherwise, what do I make sure not to accidentally use on something stupid and unrelated... what have I gotten myself into...

*grabs grindstone, lotions up nose*

http://i43.tinypic.com/2z6cqo6.jpg

Rockylandia
05-23-14, 08:21 PM
Just got ultramarine egg on 9th adventure. What the hell, I'm going to Polaris Notth the next day and a half to start hatching this egg instead of trying for another egg.

roguebee
05-23-14, 08:23 PM
I'm happy. After my 4th adventure, I received the Pyre egg, so I beat the 1 in 10 odds. That's what Gimmergate said, to paraphrase, if you send out 1 adventure a day over the ten days, you ought to receive a dragon egg, based on the statistics. Still no guarantee as you are dealing with probabilities, not hard promises.

fabulus12
05-23-14, 08:30 PM
I got my pyre egg on my 12th adventure. Now I have 8 hours, I'm not going to get much sleep tonight 😃

mikado86
05-23-14, 08:35 PM
Treasure Trove Reported Drops
Jewels, mithril, large diamond, wisp lantern, silver ore, breaded fish, sweet feast, iron ore, glimmer pitcher plant, yellow dye, large diamond, gems, fertiliser, expansion permit, hearty feast, wooden beam, grits

My drops so far
4 GEMS (Not jewels), Glimmer Rafflesia Plant, Mithril.

michstall
05-23-14, 08:37 PM
I have gone on 5 Pyre Cavern adventures and have yet to get even 1 egg. I've gotten a treasure trove from each adventure and chopped them. What am I doing wrong. At this rate it will be impossible to finish the quest in the time allowed. Any suggestions?

shambalaya
05-23-14, 08:39 PM
Jewels, mithril, large diamond, wisp lantern, silver ore, breaded fish, sweet feast, iron ore, glimmer pitcher plant, yellow dye, large diamond, gems, fertiliser, expansion permit, hearty feast, wooden beam, grits

My drops so far

also adamant, golden apple, golden nugget… and energy

rosewaterlily
05-23-14, 08:43 PM
I cannot believe this :confused:My treasure trove disappeared I tried to store it, and I thought by replacing it I will be able to open it it simply disappeared and there 's nothing in my stock list, Great just about GREAT :mad:
Are you sure you didn't already chop it by accident? I had a treasure trove that I chopped and stayed on my board and then it disappeared when I rebooted.

mikado86
05-23-14, 08:44 PM
I have gone on 5 Pyre Cavern adventures and have yet to get even 1 egg. I've gotten a treasure trove from each adventure and chopped them. What am I doing wrong. At this rate it will be impossible to finish the quest in the time allowed. Any suggestions?

Keep trying.

forkyfork99
05-23-14, 08:46 PM
Two jeweler's trades done now and NO mithril >:-(

And another 8 gems I had to spend on a blade.

Hoping one of my deep mines gives mithril tomorrow.

CLOVERKAITO
05-23-14, 08:51 PM
Ohh on my 9th adventure I got both the Ultramarine egg and the 2nd Pyre egg which of course ended up disappearing because I already have one Pyre egg that has yet to be hatched (got 80 Pyre cyrstals at the moment).

Now on to the Polaris North adventures. Gotta set my alarm clock to 5am in the morning so that I wake up to do the 2nd Polaris North adventure lol... :p If you happened to have leftover Hot Chocolates and Gingerbreads from last year you can use them right away.

Keep it up guys, don't give up!

mnjcafe
05-23-14, 09:00 PM
Two jeweler's trades done now and NO mithril >:-(

And another 8 gems I had to spend on a blade.

Hoping one of my deep mines gives mithril tomorrow.

Good luck forky!

I am hoping for my mines to give me some mithril too. My knights are out on another adventure and I need some sleep. In the morning, unless I miraculously get a gem or a mithril dropped from somewhere, I will have to pause on the quest for now and just keep doing jeweler's trades as often as I can in hopes of more mithril. I chopped two of my rainbow pots in hopes that they would give me a gem.

asikosan
05-23-14, 09:02 PM
Guys, i got the ember from POLARIS adventure today! yes, the burning ember from polaris adventure =)

twyz
05-23-14, 09:05 PM
In theory, those who get their eggs (pyre eggs anyway) on a later quest are actually set up much better than those who get it on the first or second quest. Hatching the pyre egg takes a lot of pyre shards, the more adventures you go on the bigger your stock of the shards will be. If you can complete the timed quests you can get about 60 shards but if you miss some or all then you are using just what you got from adventures. Even if you get all 60 (which I did) you are still short another 40. Thats 400 pieces of coal to craft 40 shards ( I am assuming the craft rate is 10 coal for 1 shard) where as if you get them from adventures you are going to be much closer or already done and not have to harvest massive amounts of coal. If you dont get the timed quest then you are short anywhere up to 60 shards which is 600 coal. The more adventures you do the faster and more reasonable it will be to hatch your pyre egg. I got my egg on my 5th or 6th quest. I completed all timed quests and I am still only sitting at 82% with what I collected from quests and from meeting the timed goals. I imagine if I had gotten my egg on my 8th or 9th quest with the timed quest rewards I would be 100% or extremely close.

But basically what was said in the first post is that your odds are close to 1 in 10. Out of every 10 quests its very likely you will get 1 egg, but its not guaranteed. So for some it may take 10 quests or a little more to get their first eggs. TL basically said getting all 3 is meant to be a challenge that its more likely that only the super high level users will accomplish.

Gabi2111
05-23-14, 09:05 PM
Guys, i got the ember from POLARIS adventure today! yes, the burning ember from polaris adventure =)

Yay!!! Congrats

asikosan
05-23-14, 09:22 PM
IF I GOT THE SECOND PYRE EGG. HOW DO I HATCH IT??? PLEASE HELP!:confused:
i have the flare dragon ready from the first pyre egg already.. theres no option to hatch it in the magic forge..
pls help:eek:

CLOVERKAITO
05-23-14, 09:28 PM
I don't think it's possible to hatch the 2nd pyre egg because you can't go through the same quest line again, and if you look at the first page you don't hatch it via the magic forge to begin with, right?

But it would be great if a moderator or game programmer can confirm this.

Beleriand
05-23-14, 09:32 PM
I'm still chuckling over post #612 by ghjvcucjb. It's CLASSIC :D. Well folks I am off to bed. I have a four year old that doesn't care if Mommy has been up all night trying to get an "egg".

infinitelove19
05-23-14, 09:43 PM
For those who got the Ultramarine egg, did you notice that the recipe for the gingerbread has changed??
Originally it required flour, sugar and MILK, but now, more correctly requires eggs, which also works out since you need milk for the hot chocolate & possibly for the adventure - I know we needed it for the adventure last time, which meant we were overflowing with eggs and had a lack of milk... I remember making lots of noodles to use up the eggs & collecting from my cows a LOT!
Thanks for the recipe tweak, TL. ;-)

mreames
05-23-14, 10:14 PM

Congratulations!! :)

knuffel19
05-23-14, 10:31 PM
I'm still chuckling over post #612 by ghjvcucjb. It's CLASSIC :D. Well folks I am off to bed. I have a four year old that doesn't care if Mommy has been up all night trying to get an "egg".

Same here :D

hugpete
05-23-14, 11:25 PM
first, good luck with your 11th adventure,
Second, nope it did not work for me, force closed, restarted, nothing, anyway, I don't really care about the Treasure trove, but it was the ladt straw after a long streak of bad luck :)
Thanks for the luck. Sorry you didn't get your trove back. If it's any consolation, many of my troves have been disappointing. :]

Actually, I may be wrong but I think the option to craft pyre crystals will disappear once you give the 100 crystals (since they're not needed for anything beyond the pyre dragon)...and even if it doesn't disappear, the quests to hatch them DO disappear... so again, you're left with no option to hatch a duplicate egg of the same type....and the egg will just sit in your inventory.
You are correct. I hatched my pyre egg and the quest is gone, and the crafting of crystals is gone. I'm still getting pyre crystals as drops though. So... I'm pretty sure one CAN'T hatch a 2nd pyre egg. Bummer.

I guess I should consider myself lucky this time: I got Sparkling egg from first quest, pyre on 2nd and ultramarine on my 3rd! I thought it's been fixed that way to ensure everyone gets one of each. Boy was I wrong!
This is amazing! Congrats!

And a question... so as I'm scrolling to see what's coming and as my jaw falls further and further through my floor, I ask you all please... I've just barely gotten started... what do I stockpile for all this, what can I keep using in the background to keep being productive otherwise, what do I make sure not to accidentally use on something stupid and unrelated... what have I gotten myself into...*
All you need to stock up on are the things to send your knights out on the Pyre Caverns adventure. The limited 10-day bit is only about getting the eggs. Once you have the eggs, you have forever to hatch them. So it's not a huge deal if you use supplies.

My drops so far

also adamant, golden apple, golden nugget? and energy
Also coins, faerie's murmur, floral glow, simple glue, wood, bacon, red dye, fancy block, stone block.

Nothing. You are doing nothing wrong. The eggs are random drops. Keep trying! I'm confident you'll get one if you keep trying. Also the 10 days are just to get the eggs! You can hatch them later.

Oliver118
05-23-14, 11:54 PM
Will the event expire on 1st June?

55lee55
05-23-14, 11:59 PM

I haven't read but the first few pages then skipped ahead, read this, and laughed until my side ached because it is point on true! Thanks for posting this!

I paid my way through to get all three dragons because I expect to be having surgery as soon as my surgeon arranges everything, and being a CS addict with a credit card, money or gems are no object for me, lol!

Somehow I have collected more than 10 extra treasure troves in addition to an extra 100 pink crystals. Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but will continuing to go on the pyre caverns quest do me any good at all, or should I do as I have tonight and get back to the once a day quests?

Also, although I have 3 adorable new baby dragons, has anyone had theirs all grown up? if so, do they drop anything new?

Is there any advantage in repeating any parts of this awesome quest?

In my opinion TL has put enormous effort in thinking this through! Who would have thought I would be so short of water that I had to flood my kingdom with ponds in every space one could be elbowed into? I finally had a use for mithril so at least I will not be getting the black flag until my blue dragons catch up again. I had suspected that dragons might need coal and was maxed on it, although once again TL wisely added some items that required more than the maximum amount, thereby leveling the playing field for most no matter how prepared any of us thought we might be.

Are we expecting to need ornate building items soon? With the new exchange available I don't believe I was alone in assuming we might need some ornate supplies. Could that be a hint to continue working toward collecting ornate items?

I don't recall seeing so many pages show up this quickly since I began playing CS early this year. Please forgive me if I repeat comments similar to others because I can't keep up right now.

Just wanted to say thanks, and for the chuckles I get from the quote above!

Thanks! Love the new dragons! Hope to see where we go next week!

ikbentochnietgek
05-24-14, 01:33 AM

5 times in a row i didnt receive no energy. This is no coincidence, but a bug. I like this update, but this is really frustrating. I need the energy! Anybody has similiair experience? The last two times the energy symbol even didnt showed up at all.

jasren
05-24-14, 01:49 AM
I like the update too, even the hatching of the eggs though lengthy, not the randomness though. Ppl aren't posting no egg, I'm guessing after 10 or so, everyone gets one egg at least. But I'm already using gems for amour, finally have 1 egg, but do I now use gems for 10 to get another and so on?... When others get all three in three goes at it? It's anoying. I love cs too, but I agree, even us past level 40 would prefere more challenging quests not random drops. Even if requirements for next update were sweet feast or harder to prep, then 2 other lengthy requirements to do quest in the first place, but guarantee to drop whatever on each quest. Then a lengthy process of completing each goal like hatching the eggs.
Anyway, I'd really like all 3, so If drop rate could be changed to little less random I think everyone would appreciate it. Even if first by doing 5 at the most, second at 10-third by 15th or something?!?! Cos doing 20 more quests - there's no way even high level (I'm at 44) like 50, would have everything required to do so many, and even if so, its so disappointing not to have one drop, then reading others get all 3 straight away. :/

dizzy7373
05-24-14, 01:50 AM
Will the event expire on 1st June?

The event to get the eggs will expire, if you have eggs then their quests will remain

wiznit85
05-24-14, 02:06 AM
Before this "little" adventure popped up, I was saving up my gems for a Mithril Dragon. Instead, I invested in the Pyre Caverns. I had more than enough for my originally intended purchase (750+ gems). I am down to 115 (ouch). 37 Pyre Cavern adventures yielded all 3 eggs (thank god I was not one of the unlucky souls to get a duplicate). I actually received my eggs "in order" (pyre, ultramarine, sparkling) and they were almost perfectly staggered (11th adventure=Pyre, 25th adventure =Ultramarine, 37th=Sparkling). I will 100% agree with a previous post (can't find it at the moment) that the more pyre cavern adventures you can go on, the better off you are for being set up to hatch the eggs. During my quests, I recieved 100 pyre crystals, 7 large diamonds, multiple golden eggs/apples/nuggets, a fair amount of gems, dragons scales, and many other resources. It made it very simple to hatch two of my dragons. The Ultramarine Egg quest line is very daunting. I'm weary of the "All Gold Everything" timed goal. I know I don't need it to hatch the egg, but it would speed up the process immensely. 200 jewels is a HUGE feat! I may have to let that goal expire and go the longer "Deep Sea Adventure" route.

As far as the previous posts on this feed go (yes, I have read all 65 pages for hints, tips, entertainment, ect) the luck of the draw for this quest sucks. The luck of a Burning Ember sucks. Obtaining Mithril without a Mithril dragon sucks. Anything and everything you need to even go on the adventure is either super duper rare or costs gems. I have played Team Lava games for several years now, and when these big events pop up, chaos ensues. I could rant and rave all day about gems, timed events, limited items, ect., but I don't want to. I enjoy these games. And the people who make them offer free play to anyone with a compatible device. Do they want you to buy gems? Of course. That's a redundant question. They deserve to be paid for making great games to play when hands are idle. 😊 will they force you to buy gems? No. They let you play for free. So they entice us with dragon eggs and special buildings and fancy ovens and pretty tea cup fountains. And you have several choices to respond with. 1. Buy gems and obtain your pixelated desires. 2. Play your game to the max and hope that you can obtain desires through metaphorical blood and sweat. 3. Don't buy gems and continue to play the free game as usual. 3.5. Complain on forum whilst also choosing option 3. 😜 4. Don't play the game. It's a simple decision. I wish all of you the best of luck on getting dragon eggs. Hopefully you'll receive them faster than I did. 37 adventures would be a lot without gems. 😑

wiznit85
05-24-14, 02:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/SmaWNcl.jpg?1

idrispad
05-24-14, 02:19 AM
Another gem fuelled adventure and guess what... No dragon scales.

There should be another source. :(

ciarjen
05-24-14, 02:20 AM

This sync issue is a pain and it has caused me problems on all games but it can be avoided.

All TL games periodically process/load and sync with the servers particularly if you have had the app running in the background on your device and you tap on it and start playing. When the sync happens you may go back in time a few moments and possibly lose something valuable you have collected.

The way to avoid it is make sure that when you start playing and collecting from your adventure that the game has loaded afresh and is up to date and synced with the servers. You can do this by force closing the game before you start playing so it is no longer running in the background on your device. Then re-open it. One sign that it is loaded and synced properly is that you get the message box appear with gifts/requests. Once that has happened the game is now ready for you to start playing.

knuffel19
05-24-14, 02:34 AM
So reading the posts back on the drop rate of eggs, I am now considering myself semi-lukcy: adventure number 8 gave me the pyre egg and two adventures gave me dragon scales so I can continue adventuring. The next issue will probably be with the mithril as I have some from my deep mines but no other way to get some.

I will see how far I get, really hope I will get another egg today.

akifunoize
05-24-14, 02:56 AM
Wow! I hadn't spent much time reading the comments on those who have gone through multiple quests with yielding any dragon egg (too busy reading all hatching instructions :)). I'm never lucky with anything...for real. But I guess I should consider myself lucky this time: I got Sparkling egg from first quest, pyre on 2nd and ultramarine on my 3rd! I thought it's been fixed that way to ensure everyone gets one of each. Boy was I wrong!

wow congrats!! you are the luckiest ever! for the rest, those who have already gotten 3 eggs, how many adventures did it take you?

i'm on my 7th adventure with no eggs yet. i paid twice for the armor (no dragon) but one adventure got me 4 dragon scales so i'm really thankful for that. now my limiting resource is the mermaid scales though i have the mermaid pound and 6 wells but i can never get enough. soon i would to worry about the mithril. hope i get at least one dragon before my resources run out!

also, i've never gotten energy from the adventure either. i suppose only pyre crystals are certain to get? i only got them, wisp lanterns and sometimes dragon scales from the adventure. as for the trove, my first chop got me large diamond and then POOF! my game force closed and i had to chop again only to give me iron ores, jewels and earth wisp. subsequent chops gave me about the same common resources as well *sobs*

anyway, i'm glad to know we would still be given the polaris/gingerbread/hot chocolate options even though i missed the christmas event. thank you (:

i have a question; for pyre egg timed goal no. 7 where you need to give 40 fish, 10 butterfish and 10 catfish, would my ponds and wells drop the latter two fish when the goal start, or would i need to complete the troll tribe first? i've yet to build the swamp due to limited troll essence. thank you in advance (:

ciarjen
05-24-14, 03:13 AM
i have a question; for pyre egg timed goal no. 7 where you need to give 40 fish, 10 butterfish and 10 catfish, would my ponds and wells drop the latter two fish when the goal start, or would i need to complete the troll tribe first? i've yet to build the swamp due to limited troll essence. thank you in advance (:[/SIZE][/FONT]

If you have never had butterfish and catfish drop, I would say that you have not reached the right part of the troll questline to get them.

They are rare drops anyway from ponds/wells/swampy pond so getting 10 of each would be difficult in 24 hours unless you had some in stock already. You can let that part of the goal expire. You may find that after doing so many adventures you have enough pyre crystals and don't need to do the timed goals to get extra.

my607
05-24-14, 03:49 AM
Does anyone know which item is needed for jeweler building?

cole7286
05-24-14, 03:59 AM
Does anyone know which item is needed for jeweler building?

2 fancy beams, 2 fancy blocks, 10 jewels and 4 simple glue to build it.

tcgms17
05-24-14, 04:03 AM
I have read through many of the posts, but I admit not all. So sorry if this has been answered. Can anyone confirm that you will get the egg if you use the 200 gems to skip the step? Just considering all options, not giving up yet. ��

mnjcafe
05-24-14, 04:04 AM
Well, I am back to zero mithril and 7 gems, so can't go on any more adventures. I was actually thinking that for the first time, I may be willing to pay for gems. Wouldn't you know it, the gem sale expired! So now to get gems is 30% more than it would have been two days ago. Sigh.

Next up, another jeweler's trade - come on exchange, gimme some mithril!

Dreamer691
05-24-14, 04:07 AM
Will the Polaris Adventure drop Polarian Tiles and Logs? If it does then maybe I can finally finish my Kingdom Inn!

my607
05-24-14, 04:07 AM
Thanks cole

katbtodd
05-24-14, 04:09 AM
Please help... I read through ,, can't see if any body asked this,,, if you skip the dragon egg in quest book for 200 gems ,, do you get the egg

my607
05-24-14, 04:14 AM
I'm doing the ultramarine egg and it says that There's Polaris Adv in royal exchange but I don't see it. The adventure is only in the kings castle. I'm confuse.

GC5410
05-24-14, 04:15 AM
Will the Polaris Adventure drop Polarian Tiles and Logs? If it does then maybe I can finally finish my Kingdom Inn!

I've done 2 so far and I got forever snow and other bits'n'bobs - no tiles or logs, sorry

tigarlilyvol
05-24-14, 04:15 AM
Please help... I read through ,, can't see if any body asked this,,, if you skip the dragon egg in quest book for 200 gems ,, do you get the egg

Yes you will get the egg

my607
05-24-14, 04:17 AM
Never mind it's only at the kings keep

GC5410
05-24-14, 04:17 AM
I'm doing the ultramarine egg and it says that There's Polaris Adv in royal exchange but I don't see it. The adventure is only in the kings castle. I'm confuse.

I don't think the forever snow trade will appear in the royal exchange until you are at the step for forever snow. The polaris adventure can only be done from the castle/keep as usual.

cole7286
05-24-14, 04:26 AM
i have a question; for pyre egg timed goal no. 7 where you need to give 40 fish, 10 butterfish and 10 catfish, would my ponds and wells drop the latter two fish when the goal start, or would i need to complete the troll tribe first? i've yet to build the swamp due to limited troll essence. thank you in advance (:[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Just stop at place the egg before you begin the timed goal.

my607
05-24-14, 04:29 AM
Oh ok. Thanks GC5410

akifunoize
05-24-14, 04:50 AM
If you have never had butterfish and catfish drop, I would say that you have not reached the right part of the troll questline to get them.

They are rare drops anyway from ponds/wells/swampy pond so getting 10 of each would be difficult in 24 hours unless you had some in stock already. You can let that part of the goal expire. You may find that after doing so many adventures you have enough pyre crystals and don't need to do the timed goals to get extra.

thank you (: i might consider buying the fish market then. or i would just hold off and try not to trigger the timed goal until i'm done with the troll part.

akifunoize
05-24-14, 04:52 AM
Well, I am back to zero mithril and 7 gems, so can't go on any more adventures. I was actually thinking that for the first time, I may be willing to pay for gems. Wouldn't you know it, the gem sale expired! So now to get gems is 30% more than it would have been two days ago. Sigh.

Next up, another jeweler's trade - come on exchange, gimme some mithril!

so sorry to hear that.. i actually just got the sale again now.

Taquari
05-24-14, 04:55 AM
Just hatched my little Flare :D

Ultramarine is the next one *happy dance*

Tiggerddh
05-24-14, 05:05 AM
I just got my last egg (Sparkling) I think the whole thing took about 14 or 15 tries. I have yet to get a diamond though. Oh and the last two eggs came from the Barracks

ciarjen
05-24-14, 05:09 AM
thank you (: i might consider buying the fish market then. or i would just hold off and try not to trigger the timed goal until i'm done with the troll part.

You could delay triggering the timed goal but you may find in the meantime that you don't need to do it. Giving the fish gives you a reward of 20 pyre crystals. By that time you may have enough to give the 100 crystals to hatch the dragon.

my607
05-24-14, 05:28 AM
Diamonds I got from treasure trove all 6 of them. I had a diamond from a long time ago.

infinitelove19
05-24-14, 05:33 AM
I have questions about the two time-limited portions of the quest to hatch the Ultramarine egg.
First, I realize they aren't mandatory, but are they worth doing? I have yet to get the sparkling dragon egg & I would hate to send out my knights to Polaris North & wind up NOT getting the 3rd egg. I would prefer to keep questing for the egg, but I hate ignoring a goal. :-/

For the second time-limited goal, it requires 200 jewels. Even if I start out maxed on jewels, that means I have to collect another 100 in two days. Is this realistic, or too much of a headache to bother?

Your input is appreciated. :-)

doobievilla
05-24-14, 05:34 AM
this morning.. No seeds from both Conservatory.. visited other known spots for seeds.. then clicked on Ivy's and got some seeds.. then pause then crash.. reopen game.. Ivy's is back to clickable.. yeah you guessed it.. no seeds that time..!!!!!!!!

weebod1
05-24-14, 05:40 AM
I just got my last egg (Sparkling) I think the whole thing took about 14 or 15 tries. I have yet to get a diamond though. Oh and the last two eggs came from the Barracks

Lucky you..... I've got the events running in both the barracks and the castle, have now done about 10 quests and still haven't found ANY EGGS!

twyz
05-24-14, 05:44 AM
does anyone have a picture of the aquamarine? I am down to supplies for 2 quests and want to see the aquamarine before before using more mithril etc on more adventures if I dont like it.

infinitelove19
05-24-14, 05:47 AM
I have questions about the two time-limited portions of the quest to hatch the Ultramarine egg.
First, I realize they aren't mandatory, but are they worth doing? I have yet to get the sparkling dragon egg & I would hate to send out my knights to Polaris North & wind up NOT getting the 3rd egg. I would prefer to keep questing for the egg, but I hate ignoring a goal. :-/

For the second time-limited goal, it requires 200 jewels. Even if I start out maxed on jewels, that means I have to collect another 100 in two days. Is this realistic, or too much of a headache to bother?

Not to answer my own post or anything, but I realize that each 8 hour quest takes 16 gems to speed up, so if I really want to complete the goal (of 4 Polaris quests) without affecting my ability to keep my Castle & Barracks busy searching the pyre for a Sparkling Egg, I *could* use 64 gems to make that happen. ;-)

On another note, I now have 3 Conservatories to attempt to keep my supply of seeds coming. Think I might have to set a timer every 2 hours to maximize seed collection. Where there is a will, there is a way!

GC5410
05-24-14, 05:48 AM

It's do-able with lots of rock outcrops, plus getting them from troves/adventures and maybe crafting a few with any spare coal. I'm not there yet, but I got about 70 jewels yesterday in about 4 hours.

Polaris is worth doing at least a few times as you get 8-12 forever snow for each adventure, so you don't necessarily need to do all 4 as that just gets you a 20 snow bonus. I've been alternating, so doing a 3 hr pyre adventure if it's less than 8 hrs before I plan to go to bed (so 1 or 2 a day), but doing 8 hr polaris adventure while I sleep, plus one in the day.

dalexxx
05-24-14, 05:55 AM
Can you have more than one of the same egg / dragon?

doobievilla
05-24-14, 05:55 AM
Nevermind on the earlier post.. i am an idiot.. still pi$$ed off about the seeds... thought forging of pyre Crystals was in well the Forge not workshop....

CLOVERKAITO
05-24-14, 05:57 AM

My first adventure I got earth wisp and forever snow some gems. It seems it won't drop tiles and logs...

doobievilla
05-24-14, 05:57 AM
Can you have more than one of the same egg / dragon?

if you hatched one you can but will not do any good since rest of the goals to hatch will be gone. So you will have a rotten egg soon

Laserlady
05-24-14, 06:01 AM
No egg after a dozen trips. What am I doing wrong?

dalexxx
05-24-14, 06:06 AM
Thank you doobie, i could push on getting all without hatching the first egg tehn?

Cause i do not have the required resources on page 1. Its just too many ::/

Will just hatch when push for the timed when i got the requirements

clarebelllle
05-24-14, 06:13 AM
Hi - just want to make sure I have this straight! We only need to get the eggs in this 10 day event.

I have just got the Ultramarine egg. Now I can just leave this in my inventory and not go on the Polaris adventures and carry on doing the infiltrate the pyre caves quest to try and find another egg?! Then when the 10days is up I can start on the ultramarine egg hatching again?

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-24-14, 06:25 AM
Before this "little" adventure popped up, I was saving up my gems for a Mithril Dragon. Instead, I invested in the Pyre Caverns. I had more than enough for my originally intended purchase (750+ gems). I am down to 115 (ouch). 37 Pyre Cavern adventures yielded all 3 eggs (thank god I was not one of the unlucky souls to get a duplicate). I actually received my eggs "in order" (pyre, ultramarine, sparkling) and they were almost perfectly staggered (11th adventure=Pyre, 25th adventure =Ultramarine, 37th=Sparkling). I will 100% agree with a previous post (can't find it at the moment) that the more pyre cavern adventures you can go on, the better off you are for being set up to hatch the eggs. During my quests, I recieved 100 pyre crystals, 7 large diamonds, multiple golden eggs/apples/nuggets, a fair amount of gems, dragons scales, and many other resources. It made it very simple to hatch two of my dragons. The Ultramarine Egg quest line is very daunting. I'm weary of the "All Gold Everything" timed goal. I know I don't need it to hatch the egg, but it would speed up the process immensely. 200 jewels is a HUGE feat! I may have to let that goal expire and go the longer "Deep Sea Adventure" route.

As far as the previous posts on this feed go (yes, I have read all 65 pages for hints, tips, entertainment, ect) the luck of the draw for this quest sucks. The luck of a Burning Ember sucks. Obtaining Mithril without a Mithril dragon sucks. Anything and everything you need to even go on the adventure is either super duper rare or costs gems. I have played Team Lava games for several years now, and when these big events pop up, chaos ensues. I could rant and rave all day about gems, timed events, limited items, ect., but I don't want to. I enjoy these games. And the people who make them offer free play to anyone with a compatible device. Do they want you to buy gems? Of course. That's a redundant question. They deserve to be paid for making great games to play when hands are idle.  will they force you to buy gems? No. They let you play for free. So they entice us with dragon eggs and special buildings and fancy ovens and pretty tea cup fountains. And you have several choices to respond with. 1. Buy gems and obtain your pixelated desires. 2. Play your game to the max and hope that you can obtain desires through metaphorical blood and sweat. 3. Don't buy gems and continue to play the free game as usual. 3.5. Complain on forum whilst also choosing option 3.  4. Don't play the game. It's a simple decision❗️. I wish all of you the best of luck on getting dragon eggs. Hopefully you'll receive them faster than I did. 37 adventures would be a lot without gems. 

37 pyre cave adventures!?!
How in the world have you gone on that many trips already, even with the barracks?... Speeding up w gems??
I thought I was doing good at about 16 (out now) & you've already done over TWICE that? Has there even been enough hours in the day (& night)? Lol

...but good to see the return numbers, was wondering how many trips it would take to get all 3, so now I'm shooting for 40 adventures before the 10 days are up (if I can keep up with the needed resources, that is lol)

Congrats! :)

Ps I enjoyed your synopsis of game play options there at the end cuz yep, that's pretty much what it boils down to! Lol

GC5410
05-24-14, 06:36 AM
It's interesting to read people have been getting eggs in different orders as my 2 games have been the same.

iPhone game:
Pyre egg: 1st attempt
Ultramarine egg: 16th attempt
No dragon, but 19 dragon scales received since 1st pyre adventure
No large diamonds

iPad game:
Ultramarine egg: 12th attempt
12 more dragon scales now than when I started 1st pyre adventure (so 24 gained in total)
1 large diamond

MBRBTBRB
05-24-14, 06:39 AM
Just got the Pyre egg from my 7th adventure (not counting the first adventure to get the first trove). Very happy. Now to collect the other two!

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-24-14, 06:39 AM
Yeah, that IS interesting, GC5410... I got both the pyre and *sparkling* eggs dropped at same time, on my 6th adventure and am now out on adventures 15 & 16 (w castle & barracks), hunting for the ultramarine one.... Hope it doesn't take 37th adventure to get it lol

JayUK69
05-24-14, 06:40 AM
It's interesting to read people have been getting eggs in different orders as my 2 games have been the same.

iPhone game:
No large diamonds

iPad game:
12 more dragon scales now than when I started 1st pyre adventure (so 24 gained in total)
1 large diamond

I had Pyre egg drop on first attempt on my iPad game. Then had the other 2 drop from the same adventure (big surprise) on about 5th or 6th attempt on my iPhone game, still waiting on the Pyre one for my iPhone one and Sparkling egg on my iPad game.

zoo123g
05-24-14, 06:50 AM
i just got two eggs from one drop :)

Beleriand
05-24-14, 06:53 AM
i just got two eggs from one drop :)

That's so cool!

Beleriand
05-24-14, 06:59 AM
Okay my update is 17 adventures and one egg (flare is a hatchling now). Last night I started an adventure at midnight sponaeously woke up at 3am so I put another one in and then woke up again at 6 am. That is just psycho :) Any one remember the star trek episode where the crew was addicted to that game with the head visor......sound familiar?

mnjcafe
05-24-14, 07:02 AM
Hmmm, no mithril from my latest jeweler's trade (I think my fourth or fifth by now... so to everyone asking if it is possible to get lots of jewels in a few days, I think the answer is yes) and no miraculous free gem. I even pulled out my purple cow to see if she wanted to give me a gem, nope.

So, I am sending my knights on a regular one-day adventure and hoping I have better luck tomorrow. Maybe I will still get an egg before the ten days is up. I think I spent more time on CS yesterday than ever before, and went on six pyre caverns adventures in a single day! Might not sound like much to some of you who have barracks, but it was a lot for me!

All the people who are getting two eggs from a single adventure, you give me hope!!! That's awesome.

To answer my own question from yesterday, it does not look like it would be possible to finish the reindeer stable once the Polaris North adventure opens up (or should I say IF it does), because I still would not be able to get Polarian Lichen or the Reindeer.

Interesting to know that different people get gem sales at different times, I guess I always assumed it was the same schedule for everyone. Does anyone know how long it usually is between sales? I have never bought gems before.

jptheripper
05-24-14, 07:08 AM
Trying to decide if I should skip the 200jewel, 100iron, 100silver step. Just seems like a waste for a few days

Beleriand
05-24-14, 07:10 AM
And the people who make them offer free play to anyone with a compatible device. Do they want you to buy gems? Of course. That's a redundant question. They deserve to be paid for making great games to play when hands are idle. 😊 will they force you to buy gems? No. They let you play for free. 😑

I totally agree, free enterprise and all......more power to them. However, I am very curious by how much their bottom line increases when there are quests like these. Must be a ton.

robino23
05-24-14, 07:15 AM

LOL! I think I cracked a rib for laughing so hard!

Marmalademuffin
05-24-14, 07:19 AM
Okay my update is 17 adventures and one egg (flare is a hatchling now). Last night I started an adventure at midnight sponaeously woke up at 3am so I put another one in and then woke up again at 6 am. That is just psycho :) Any one remember the star trek episode where the crew was addicted to that game with the head visor......sound familiar?

Yes! I have thought of that Star Trek episodes many times lately!! Glad I am not the only one.

gdmcrjunkie
05-24-14, 07:19 AM

I did the first part by starting the quest before I went to bed, then speeding up the remaining 3 quests with gems in the morning. Exchange isn't a bad option but it'll take much longer. I don't regret doing it this way :)

As for 200 jewels, I never considered skipping it because I think the lapis lazuli adventure costs too much, especially the potion. I had 99 jewels when I started, and I dedicated every bit of energy I had to collecting the rest. Took me less than a day. I'd recommend saving you treasure troves for this step, they all give jewels.

loui5e
05-24-14, 07:21 AM
I'm on adventures 6 & 7 (maybe 7 & 8?), no eggs yet, and almost out of Piles of Seeds. My two conservatories have suspiciously stopped dropping seeds. A newly placed Conservatory managed to drop one pile last collection.

Adventure 12! And finally got my first (Pyre!) egg...phew! I know it's still early but chances of me having enough stock to keep at this pace is unlikely :( and I had a good stock!

eepopp
05-24-14, 07:25 AM
Edit (maguar)

Flare Dragon - Pyre Egg

9. Stop, Drop and Roll
* Hatch the Pyre Egg x 1 (Press Roll)
Rewards: 370 Coins, 3 XP, Baby Flare Dragon

http://i61.tinypic.com/2rhbalj.jpghttp://i59.tinypic.com/2ylljf7.jpghttp://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13510&d=1400837016

Here's a screenshot of the backside text of the Flare Dragon's Inventory card for reference.

http://i61.tinypic.com/14mf2iw.jpg

forkyfork99
05-24-14, 07:29 AM
Hmmm, no mithril from my latest jeweler's trade (I think my fourth or fifth by now... so to everyone asking if it is possible to get lots of jewels in a few days, I think the answer is yes) and no miraculous free gem. I even pulled out my purple cow to see if she wanted to give me a gem, nope.

I'm on my third and the last two have given me no mithril. Here's hoping the 3rd one us a charm otherwise I'm going to stop wasting my resources like this.

my607
05-24-14, 07:38 AM
I got the ultramarine egg thinking about skipping the second timed quest. Just get the lapis on my own this way I save my jewels and other resources. Does anyone think its a good idea? I already have 2 lapis in inventory. Thanks

ciarjen
05-24-14, 07:40 AM
Hi - just want to make sure I have this straight! We only need to get the eggs in this 10 day event.

I have just got the Ultramarine egg. Now I can just leave this in my inventory and not go on the Polaris adventures and carry on doing the infiltrate the pyre caves quest to try and find another egg?! Then when the 10days is up I can start on the ultramarine egg hatching again?

What goal do you have in your book? If it is Nose goes, then hasn't the timer already started?

If it has you can either do the Polaris adventures or let it expire. You do not need to go any further after that, you can wait until after the 10 day event has ended and do the rest in your own time and trigger any timed goals when you are ready with the resources.

ciarjen
05-24-14, 07:45 AM
I got the ultramarine egg thinking about skipping the second timed quest. Just get the lapis on my own this way I save my jewels and other resources. Does anyone think its a good idea? I already have 2 lapis in inventory. Thanks

200 jewels in 2 days is going to take some planning of energy and a lot of work. From what I have read people are saying they can achieve it, particularly if you have saved your treasure troves.

100 silver is a lot of resource and will take a long time to build back up again so if you can afford the gems, this may be the quest to skip.

sweetsatisfactions
05-24-14, 07:47 AM
Lol so true! While I'm here I'd like to say to TL that random drops are fun but with receiving eggs should be a given after 20 quest or more. I've done this & only 1 egg. A GEM sale would be good too! Thx!

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-24-14, 07:47 AM
*raising hand* I do!
If (& that's a pretty big IF lol) I get the ultramarine egg, I'm gonna take my sweet time hatching it. That 2-day timed part that wants 200 jewels! 100 silver! 100 iron! 5 gold nuggets! ...that's just wayyyy too much. I only have 5 gold nuggets as it is right now, & the adamant line wants em all & also, further down the sparkling egg hatching process, it wants 2 of em ...so yeah, I'll be doing some deep sea adventuring if I'm lucky enough to GET. THAT. EGG. .....
*shaking & rolling dice again* Lol

Ps In hindsight, wish I had bypassed all the timed parts for hatching the pyre egg, too ...cuz as many adventures as I'm going on, I'll probably build up 100 crystals & then some, ANYWAY, Erf, oh well, those resources are gone, no point in crying about it lol

Graceland53
05-24-14, 07:53 AM
Ugh...16 adventures...1 egg:(

I have now resorted to going into Edit mode...clicking on my Kings Keep and Barracks...then dropping them...trying to knock those eggs out :)

plby
05-24-14, 07:57 AM
Polaris is worth doing at least a few times as you get 8-12 forever snow for each adventure, so you don't necessarily need to do all 4 as that just gets you a 20 snow bonus. I've been alternating, so doing a 3 hr pyre adventure if it's less than 8 hrs before I plan to go to bed (so 1 or 2 a day), but doing 8 hr polaris adventure while I sleep, plus one in the day.

The reward from finishing this goal is some XP and coins, that's it. No forever snow. We get 8, 10 or 12 snow from each adventure -so have pretty good chance of getting the 50 needed without having to do many trades from the exchange.

I've completed all 4 and got 38 snow. The one exchange trade I've done, gave 6 and some water. Not sure the adventure is worth doing, it takes relatively long time compared to the 3h exchange, doesn't guaranty not having to do the exchange after, doesn't drop anything of note (at least mine only gave me stuff I'm maxed on) and doesn't give a trade ticket :)

my607
05-24-14, 07:59 AM
I have everything except for the 101 jewels. I will figure it out I guess. Thanks for your input.

eepopp
05-24-14, 08:02 AM

If you skip the massive Jewel and Silver timed quest, it depends whether you have enough mermaid scales to make the Potion of Gills. Do you have any extras?

For me, I'm skipping the jewel/silver timed quest. I already had 10 Lapis Lazuli stones and 6 Potions of Gills left over from the last time the Deep Sea Adventure was available. (My habit of making extra quest items appears to have finally paid off!)

http://i59.tinypic.com/29yoavn.jpg

forkyfork99
05-24-14, 08:03 AM
Ps In hindsight, wish I had bypassed all the timed parts for hatching the pyre egg, too ...cuz as many adventures as I'm going on, I'll probably build up 100 crystals & then some, ANYWAY, Erf, oh well, those resources are gone, no point in crying about it lol

I thought about that too! They weren't too stressful for me, as it was just coal, wood, stone, and fish - things I can get back easily. However it means I get to hatch my dragon sooner.

I do wish I staggered them a bit more. But that's what happens when you get "goal trigger happy"

doobievilla
05-24-14, 08:03 AM

My fear is that cashing in those first set of jewels and then something happens and you cannot finish.. well you sure are not getting that first set back.. so.. to be honest all I care about is just getting the egg and am hoping the Ultramarine drops last..best case scenario IMHO.

doobievilla
05-24-14, 08:05 AM
If you skip the massive Jewel and Silver timed quest, it depends whether you have enough mermaid scales to make the Potion of Gills. Do you have any extras?

For me, I'm skipping the jewel/silver timed quest. I already had 10 Lapis Lazuli stones and 6 Potions of Gills left over from the last time the Deep Sea Adventure was available. (My habit of making extra quest items appears to have finally paid off!)

http://i59.tinypic.com/29yoavn.jpg

Good idea on making extra.. kicking myself for not doing the same.. was in resource saving mode due to this weeks build up.. not 2 bad a make tho.

gabibbos
05-24-14, 08:10 AM
Considering how costly and challenging this quest is, I find it unfair that it took me 6 adventures for finding the pyre egg, and now after other 2 additional adventueres... I got another pyre egg that I can't store as I've reached the limit! At least once one kind of egg has been found it should be removed from adventures' result to increase probability to find the others...

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-24-14, 08:10 AM
I thought about that too! They weren't too stressful for me, as it was just coal, wood, stone, and fish - things I can get back easily. However it means I get to hatch my dragon sooner.

I do wish I staggered them a bit more. But that's what happens when you get "goal trigger happy"

Lol, goal trigger happy was exactly it lol ... Only thing that kinda stung was the 130 total coal (for wisps! For more expansions! Lol) & 110 total wood (always running out of that as it is)...the rest won't be missed that much lol
But.... I now have FLARE - the baby pyre dragon now! Soooo dang cute OMG lol woot! :)

twyz
05-24-14, 08:11 AM

iPhone game:
No large diamonds

iPad game:
1 large diamond

Yeah, that IS interesting, GC5410... I got both the pyre and *sparkling* eggs dropped at same time, on my 6th adventure and am now out on adventures 15 & 16 (w castle & barracks), hunting for the ultramarine one.... Hope it doesn't take 37th adventure to get it lol

I had Pyre egg drop on first attempt on my iPad game. Then had the other 2 drop from the same adventure (big surprise) on about 5th or 6th attempt on my iPhone game, still waiting on the Pyre one for my iPhone one and Sparkling egg on my iPad game.

It happens this way because of how percentage drops work. So every time you go on an adventure you are getting a roll of the dice essentially. Every time you roll the dice you have a chance of getting all of the prizes. As an example (please note this is NOT the drop rate this is just an example).

So lets say for an item drop you have
40% chance of getting energy
20% chance of getting dragon scales
20% chance of treasure
11% chance of pyre egg
6% chance of aquamarine
3% chance of fancy egg

So while its more likely you would get a pyre drop first, its still possible to get one or both of the other eggs first or even all 3 together, its just going to be a lot more rare.

eepopp
05-24-14, 08:13 AM
My fear is that cashing in those first set of jewels and then something happens and you cannot finish.. well you sure are not getting that first set back.. so.. to be honest all I care about is just getting the egg and am hoping the Ultramarine drops last..best case scenario IMHO.

Exactly! With a 2 day timer, what happens if someone had 197 Jewels and 100 Silver loaded and thought they had 2 Days/48 hours to top off the last 3 Jewels..., but Castle Story's squirrely timer ended just a little bit earlier. That would be a nightmare for me.

Queenzod
05-24-14, 08:18 AM
Ugh...16 adventures...1 egg:(

I have now resorted to going into Edit mode...clicking on my Kings Keep and Barracks...then dropping them...trying to knock those eggs out :)

I'm in the same boat, Graceland. Just collected my 16th adventure and still waiting on the non-pyre eggs. Kinda irritated. Somebody remind me how this is fun again? This just seems to be a giant suckage of resources with no outcome.

xiaocc505
05-24-14, 08:21 AM
9th adventure, depleting mithril, depleting dragon scales...maxed out wood, silver, jewels, coal, ...NO SIGN OF THE EGG
...disappointing, frustrating, ...

Same here, send out last available one now. After this try, I will have not much left.

GC5410
05-24-14, 08:25 AM
The reward from finishing this goal is some XP and coins, that's it. No forever snow. We get 8, 10 or 12 snow from each adventure -so have pretty good chance of getting the 40 needed without having to do any trades from the exchange.

I've completed all 4 and got 36 snow. The one exchange trade I've done, gave 6 and some water. Not sure the adventure is worth doing, it takes relatively long time compared to the 3h exchange, doesn't guaranty not having to do the exchange after, doesn't drop anything of note (at least mine only gave me stuff I'm maxed on) and doesn't give a trade ticket :)

The info in post #4 is misleading/incorrect then - it says reward for goal is 40 forever snow, when actually it's zero forever snow - you just happen to get 32-48 forever snow from doing 4 adventures in total because it's 8-12 for each one.

Graceland53
05-24-14, 08:34 AM
I'm in the same boat, Graceland. Just collected my 16th adventure and still waiting on the non-pyre eggs. Kinda irritated. Somebody remind me how this is fun again? This just seems to be a giant suckage of resources with no outcome.

:(17 adventures now...I think when/if I hit 20 adventures I'm calling it quits on this...after that many adventures you should be guaranteed an egg drop...just sayin'...maybe guaranteed egg drop for every 10 adventures..that seems more fair and motivating..

plby
05-24-14, 08:38 AM
The info in post #4 is misleading/incorrect then - it says reward for goal is 40 forever snow, when actually it's zero forever snow - you just happen to get 32-48 forever snow from doing 4 adventures in total because it's 8-12 for each one.

Yes it is, unless I missed out on a reward. Don't think so tho, I would've had far more than needed if it was a 40 snow reward.

sabrinashal
05-24-14, 08:39 AM
:(17 adventures now...I think when/if I hit 20 adventures I'm calling it quits on this...after that many adventures you should be guaranteed an egg drop...just sayin'...maybe guaranteed egg drop for every 10 adventures..that seems more fair and motivating..

You do in fact need to chop the treasure trove in order to see the dragon egg drops. For players who aren't active in the forum, it just doesnt make sense to have them drop before they even know the eggs exist!

say if i chopped the 1st treasure trove then got an egg and then kept all the rest of the treasure troves

does that affect the 2nd egg?

do i need to chop all the treasure troves in order to get the 2nd egg?

my607
05-24-14, 08:39 AM
Really that's often

doobievilla
05-24-14, 08:40 AM
Just got ultramarine egg on 9th adventure. What the hell, I'm going to Polaris Notth the next day and a half to start hatching this egg instead of trying for another egg.

read notes wrong.. Snow in the Exchange the North Adv in castle

idrispad
05-24-14, 08:42 AM
3 adventures, no drops of dragon scales (or, obviously, eggs). 4th one will be my last if it doesn't drop any scales. :(

Until I reach level 11 in Farm Story.

Still, my conservatory is still dropping loads of seeds and I am getting loads of mermaid scales from ponds.

Graceland53
05-24-14, 08:44 AM
say if i chopped the 1st treasure trove then got an egg and then kept all the rest of the treasure troves

does that affect the 2nd egg?

do i need to chop all the treasure troves in order to get th��e 2nd egg?

No, you only need to chop the first treasure trove to start the egg quest...you can store all the rest for use later...IF you are blessed with an egg and need the additional resources to assist in hatching it:)

Drop eggs, drop eggs, drop eggs, drop eggs...:):):):):)I've resorted to chanting every time I collect from castle and barracks

parlski
05-24-14, 08:54 AM
:( timed quests...

oliverrr11
05-24-14, 08:55 AM
only the 1st Polaris needs Castle.. i think the next 3 go through Exchange.. at least thats what I get from Page 1 notes

Hi! And no, that is not correct. I'm on 4th Polaris trip through castle now. Goal is for 4 adventures through castle (not available in barracks). I think the exchange comes in after that is done. You get 8-12 snow per trip which will leave you short on the 50 snow required, so I think that is where the exchange comes in. My exchange is not showing anything on Polaris yet but I expect it to when my castle is ready in about an hour.

3Dolphin2013
05-24-14, 08:55 AM
Out of glimmerdust (and I have 2 glimmerdust troves)!
Out of mith, out of living wood, out of Everything.
4 (or maybe even 5?) quests, zero eggs..... :mad:
Getting really annoyed now! :(

doobievilla
05-24-14, 08:56 AM
Hi! And no, that is not correct. I'm on 4th Polaris trip through castle now. Goal is for 4 adventures through castle (not available in barracks). I think the exchange comes in after that is done. You get 8-12 snow per trip which will leave you short on the 50 snow required, so I think that is where the exchange comes in. My exchange is not showing anything on Polaris yet but I expect it to when my castle is ready in about an hour.

I corrected my post already.

forkyfork99
05-24-14, 08:57 AM
3 adventures, no drops of dragon scales (or, obviously, eggs). 4th one will be my last if it doesn't drop any scales. :(

Until I reach level 11 in Farm Story.

Still, my conservatory is still dropping loads of seeds and I am getting loads of mermaid scales from ponds.

Heeeey I'm currently trying to reach level 11 in Farm Story too. Gem gettin' buddies!!

Castloninian
05-24-14, 09:00 AM
Still only the one egg after 14 adventures. Let's hope 15 or 16 bring back something nice? Pretty please?

Do feel very lucky that I have plenty of resources to keep going. It would be so much more frustrating if I had to beg, borrow and steal items to get an adventure together.

Good luck everyone! Still a long time to go, stay positive.

GoodyTwoShoes2
05-24-14, 09:02 AM
You do in fact need to chop the treasure trove in order to see the dragon egg drops. For players who aren't active in the forum, it just doesnt make sense to have them drop before they even know the eggs exist!

I have chopped several TT but do I have to keep chopping them to get my next Dragon Egg? I already completed the 1st egg and am in the process of feeding him. I lost another egg while I was still trying to get the Pyre Crystals. Now my quests are coming back with more Crystals but no Eggs? Do I chop ALL the Treasure troves?

doobievilla
05-24-14, 09:03 AM
I have chopped several TT but do I have to keep chopping them to get my next Dragon Egg? I already completed the 1st egg and am in the process of feeding him. I lost another egg while I was still trying to get the Pyre Crystals. Now my quests are coming back with more Crystals but no Eggs? Do I chop ALL the Treasure troves?

Only 1st one needs to be chopped to kick off the 3 Egg Quests

midgetsocks
05-24-14, 09:08 AM
Just got my first egg, pyre, on Saturday the 3rd day. Also 4 dragon scales and 10 crystals. That was on my 8th adventure. Mithril is running very low now and I've done the royal exchange twice in order to try for mithril but each time it only gives about 5 each of iron and silver, so won't be wasting my glimmerdust there again in hopes for it as now im working to build tat reserve again. Happy that I got at least one, but then again he's the common one. Paid maybe 29 gems in total for missing scales and doing the first adventure, left over from my last purchase, even though I had loads of armor and vital extract at the ready, no dragon meant no scales for me. Kind of apprehensive about getting ultramarine and the forever snow issue im reading about here, but as long as I have mithril and scales ill continue on.
...I have a busy 2 days ahead of me though, events and places to go this holiday wknd so adventures will be limited.
Some people have mentioned seeds and my conservatory has dropped it 99% of the time, but then again other aspects of the game have me running continually low on some other resource. I think that's just how it's rigged, even with some of the gem items the prices aren't the same across the board :(

forkyfork99
05-24-14, 09:12 AM
Still only the one egg after 14 adventures. Let's hope 15 or 16 bring back something nice? Pretty please?

Do feel very lucky that I have plenty of resources to keep going. It would be so much more frustrating if I had to beg, borrow and steal items to get an adventure together.

Good luck everyone! Still a long time to go, stay positive.

Some of the things us less experienced players have done to make a couple gems *shudder*. You don't even wanna know!