PDA

View Full Version : The Person(s) Behind a The Castle Story "Story?"

CoalCountry
05-22-14, 08:30 AM
I'm very interested to know, who is the person (people) who writes/imagines the Castle Story storyline?!

kooky panda
05-22-14, 09:28 AM
Two of the developers have taken their personal time to come join us on the forum.
They are both fabulous!!

Aggwynn (http://forums.storm8.com/member.php?103139-Aggwynn) and glimmergate (http://forums.storm8.com/member.php?88295-glimmergate).

CoalCountry
05-22-14, 09:45 AM
Two of the developers have taken their personal time to come join us on the forum.
They are both fabulous!!

Aggwynn (http://forums.storm8.com/member.php?103139-Aggwynn) and glimmergate (http://forums.storm8.com/member.php?88295-glimmergate).

That is fantastic! All of the writers have wonderful imaginations. Love Castle Story tremendously! ��

jaybay1147
05-22-14, 12:54 PM
Are they the people who actually write up the script?

"Not bad face"

glimmergate
05-22-14, 05:31 PM
Hey folks :)

Most of the original team who made Castle Story over 2 years ago isn't on the project anymore. Older players may have seen MHz and GTMoney posting on the forums, they were the original designers for this game!

I've been working on this game for a year and a half now, and Aggwynn joined us last August so we could start updating weekly. We work together with db204... for the most part, it's just the 3 of us. GTMoney did all of the writing for the original game and Aggwynn has taken over the story and writing for the new content updates. I'm mostly responsible for the numbers in the game... so if you want to blame someone for your low droprate, you can blame me! db204 is an actual wizard who helps make all our crazy ideas a reality.

Hope that helps introduce the team :D we love working on this game.

-glimmergate

Beleriand
05-22-14, 08:54 PM
Thanks for doing such an awesome job. And thanks to CoalCountry for asking the question.

ghjvcucjb
05-23-14, 12:47 AM
Cool! Thanks!

shambalaya
05-23-14, 07:46 AM
I love Castle Story! Thank you for making such a great game and lucky you for having such a wonderful and amazing job! ;)

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-23-14, 08:22 AM
Awesome to hear more about the TL team! Thx for sharing! Y'all are some super talented folks, so keep up the great work! *2 thumbs up* *high 5* *fist bump*... & all that jazz lol :)

TinksThots
05-23-14, 12:41 PM
Well hey, while you're here... all the other characters walking around, they're looking where they're walking... except that witch. She's always staring up out of my iPad and directly into my apartment. Can something be done about that please? O_O

Otherwise, the story, the graphics, the interface, everything's absolutely fantastic!! =D

mamareader02
05-23-14, 12:54 PM
I have played CS since it was first available in US,and I have to say that since we have been getting weekly updates,I've gotten back into the game(I even made a FB page for it awhile ago).the game is getting more interesting than it ever was,so thank you,even though we complain ,we do appreciate all the hard work and I like the fact that the people working on the game get just as excited as us,keep up the good work!

jessicattt
05-23-14, 02:21 PM
Thank you so much!! This is the only game I've played on my iPhone that I've ever been hooked on. I'm moving to Australia in 2 months and I really hope I have the wifi available to keep playing or I'm gonna miss it so much. You are doing an amazing job... Keep it up :)

55lee55
05-24-14, 12:18 AM
Thanks! I wondered this too! Thanks everyone who se creativity has given us such an amazingly interesting storyline! Thanks also to the artistic details that give CS such a unique look! And thanks everyone who works behind the scenes to make this the best game I have enjoyed playing online games!

studio1859
05-24-14, 10:32 AM
Thank you so much for sharing this information glimmergate. I appreciate knowing of your involvement, it's helped me to realize the importance of making in game purchases to support the people who give all of us so much enjoyment! While I enjoy taking my time completing the quests without gems, I will now use gems to ensure completion of the timed ones. Your storylines are very enjoyable and your artwork is beautiful! Thank you!

nmishii
05-25-14, 10:49 AM

Most of the original team who made Castle Story over 2 years ago isn't on the project anymore. Older players may have seen MHz and GTMoney posting on the forums, they were the original designers for this game!

I've been working on this game for a year and a half now, and Aggwynn joined us last August so we could start updating weekly. We work together with db204... for the most part, it's just the 3 of us. GTMoney did all of the writing for the original game and Aggwynn has taken over the story and writing for the new content updates. I'm mostly responsible for the numbers in the game... so if you want to blame someone for your low droprate, you can blame me! db204 is an actual wizard who helps make all our crazy ideas a reality.

-glimmergate

Thanks. Just wondering, who is responsible for porting this game to the Android platform and then keeping the game up to date with iOS?

onemansmiracle
05-25-14, 12:15 PM
only three of you? amazing! great job!

taypeelive
05-26-14, 08:00 AM
I am the other one who played this CS game since it was first launched, in my previous iPhone so right now I lost that account.
Just started again not so long and quite happy to see it is updated frequently.
Love the game too.
Thx for your great great job ! Two thumbs up !

Em_storm
05-27-14, 08:22 AM
I remember those names. And I have to say, I would have never known there was a change in staff, because the storyline has stayed pretty consistent, in my opinion. I love the story, and have let out a Vader-worthy "Noooo!!!" the couple of times I've accidentally hit the skip button and missed part of it. Was very happy to discover Dabag's dialogue guide. Thanks, you guys, for all the fun!

dragon2046
05-27-14, 09:03 AM
Thank you. I love this game have been playing for a long time I'm a level 50 player. This is the only "take care of game" that I play. I love all the different stuff going on like beating up the beasts in the kingdom to growing food, making cool things and the really fun interesting story lines. So again. Thanks. I love this game. I haven't purchased gems much either but will start.

parlski
05-27-14, 02:55 PM
I also love this game. to the point that me wife is a CS widow.
I do have my complaints like most (typically gem traps) but I buy gems when they're on sale. this game is well worth supporting. cheers team CS

Oliver118
05-27-14, 10:29 PM

-glimmergate

I remember GTMoney!

meme1098
05-28-14, 07:16 AM
I remember MHz.

rar745
01-07-15, 01:34 AM
Good ol' Tait & Zamara. Sounds like a nice brand of wine.

I loved the "improvements" that GTMoney & MHz made to the "fantasy RPG/CCG" style,
as well as their disdain for pastel-colored candy-coated gameboard assets.
Other than some drop rates, at least the part of CS they did build
remains mostly untouched, with their clever perspective still very warmly tangible.
I am quite glad that the current ladies at the helm are actively updating CS,
and that its portion of the Storm8 forum is staying lively and organized.
Those are both hopeful signs of a healthy virtual social ecosystem.
CS will continue, for its foundation was made well. Thankfully.

nikkimommy2014
01-07-15, 05:52 PM
Wow. Thanks for sharing and we are so glad you stay active on the forums with us. So Aggwynn is the designer, Glimmergate the programmer, and db204 another programmer? Also who is your artist? I love the peek behind the scenes by the way :)

fahrensland
01-07-15, 06:06 PM
As most other posters have said, thank you for all of your hard work! CS is wonderful and I love seeing the updates made to it.

The quirky characters, clever story lines, and amusing puns are what keep me logging in everyday. I love finding out what each character is up to :) thanks for the laughs, and keeping this game fun!

strikers25
01-08-15, 10:04 PM
Yes many thanks to all who have make CS a great game