PDA

View Full Version : Living wood

Anaboe
05-20-14, 09:04 AM
Is it just me? Since the Living Tree can be bought, I never get any living wood, not from trees, not from my 2 lvl 5 sawmills, not from logs, nowhere.

I don't have 120 gems for this tree, and 20 wood and petals per piece are way too many if you need 20 Living Wood...

Castloninian
05-20-14, 10:21 AM
I am definitely still getting living wood from my sawmills. The goddess tree, Ivy and Sir P can also drop it.

kooky panda
05-20-14, 10:27 AM
I am also still getting living wood from the regular places.

shambalaya
05-20-14, 10:28 AM
I didn't buy a living tree yet and I get around 5-10 living wood per day

pixieblob
05-20-14, 10:51 AM
I'm still getting it too

Anaboe
05-20-14, 11:08 AM
That's weird. Just collected from the sawmill again, no living wood, sixt time in a row now. Chopped down 3 different trees and log, no living wood, none.

Kooky, should I mail TL if next collect again doesn't give living wood?

Will check again in 2,5 hours, have 8 living wood now (mostly crafted), have 2 lvl 5 sawmills.

Queenzod
05-20-14, 12:14 PM
That's weird. Just collected from the sawmill again, no living wood, sixt time in a row now. Chopped down 3 different trees and log, no living wood, none.

Kooky, should I mail TL if next collect again doesn't give living wood?

Will check again in 2,5 hours, have 8 living wood now (mostly crafted), have 2 lvl 5 sawmills.

It sounds like you're in a drought. They happen sometimes. I get it with fish occasionally. Just keep collecting and it will start to flow again in a day or so. It is very frustrating, tho. I feel your pain!

Anaboe
05-20-14, 02:25 PM
Again, none, just some wood and sap, nothing more.

Kooky, should I mail TL?

55lee55
05-20-14, 02:27 PM
It sounds like you're in a drought. They happen sometimes. I get it with fish occasionally. Just keep collecting and it will start to flow again in a day or so. It is very frustrating, tho. I feel your pain!

I go through droughts on items and like Queenzod, I feel your pain.

I have one living tree and have maxed on Living Wood at least twice since I got it, so yes, I am getting it from all of the usual places as well. The Living tree is handy for me to keep my supply topped off. Hang in there and soon you will notice that you have plenty of living wood. Good Luck!

calipitter
05-20-14, 04:33 PM
I'm with anaboe. I've always been maxed on living wood, never ever had to look for it, now since the new tree was released I am making most of mine. I have a very large forest of trees and even after chopping many of them, I am not getting living wood from chopping. Not a single one. I think at the minimum the drop rate had to be changed.

Gabi2111
05-21-14, 12:34 AM
It's still dropping here like normal. I bought yesterday the Living tree, and there is no difference between before and after. Still getting living wood mainly from the sawmill.
Queenzod is right though, you can go through a drought. It's a pain in the bum but happens sometimes.

taypeelive
05-21-14, 08:58 AM
I bought two living trees and felt sorry for that as I have max of living wood many times.
Still got it from normal places at usual rate.

29vanilla
05-22-14, 09:45 AM
How much and how often are the drops from the living wood tree?

rachmac07
05-22-14, 09:49 AM
I haven't noticed a drop off in rates of living wood. I am still getting it from my two level 5 sawmills, from the Goddess Tree, the Fairy Respite (lvl 5), etc.

roguebee
05-22-14, 10:07 AM
How much and how often are the drops from the living wood tree?

4 hour collection time
1-3 drops of living wood; sometimes 1-2 wood as well

Anaboe
05-22-14, 06:12 PM
Still not much going on here: every 3-4 times I collect from both the sawmills, I get 1 Living wood.

I make them faster by spending 20 wood and 10 white petals than it's dropping from cutting wood or my 2 lvl 5 sawmills... It's getting pretty frustrated...

I'm waiting to craft these 1 Ornate beam and 2 architect pastes for over a week now... Don't have the gems to buy a Living Wood tree either, got 11 gems atm...

And with the new Pyre Caverns adventure, you need 5 living wood for each Dragon Armor... To me it's almost harder than 1 Dragon Scale...

maguar
05-23-14, 01:32 AM
There's about a 20% chance of getting living wood from each chop of a tree (not dead). I'm not sure on the percentage of sawmills but I'm still getting it from there. Sir pig, the goddess tree, faerie respite, magic garden, grow faeriebulb seeds all have a chance of dropping it.

If you're after ornate beams try doing the desert adventure as it can drop from there. Architects paste can drop from that one as well. It may also drop from the dark cave but I'm a little hazy on that.

Old logs are a good way to get the wood to craft the living wood. It doesn't need energy to grow and can drop petals.

Anaboe
05-23-14, 07:16 AM
Maguar, I'm still on one Living Wood per day, I realy feel like something's wrong. Could that be?

Should I mail TL?

maguar
05-23-14, 02:40 PM
It's unlikely to be anything wrong with your account. What you can try and do is delete the game and reinstall it (your progress is safe). This can shake lose any gremlins hiding about. If you still feel the rate is low you can try emailing support to see if they'll check out your game.

glimmergate
05-23-14, 02:46 PM
We have not changed the living wood droprates for over a year and a half, and we believe and have always believed it is unethical to change droprates like this to force players to spend money.

maguar, your numbers are a bit off - the chance to collect living wood from a tree is about 4% per chop.
From sawmills, it's 20% chance, rolled 3 times (so you have a 51.2% chance of not getting any living wood when collecting from a sawmill).

Thanks!

maguar
05-23-14, 02:55 PM
Oops sorry about that - I seem to have swapped them in my head :o

roguebee
05-23-14, 08:05 PM
maguar, your numbers are a bit off - the chance to collect living wood from a tree is about 4% per chop.
From sawmills, it's 20% chance, rolled 3 times (so you have a 51.2% chance of not getting any living wood when collecting from a sawmill).

Thanks!

I deal a lot with probabilities at work and it's interesting to see it applied to a game rather than real life expenditures.

calipitter
05-25-14, 05:52 AM
We have not changed the living wood droprates for over a year and a half, and we believe and have always believed it is unethical to change droprates like this to force players to spend money.

Thanks!

Thanks for clearing that up! I was gonna say I am definitely not getting living wood from 20% of my trees!! But is there any tree that has slightly better odds? I don't mind buying them but not sure which would help the most. We can't get living wood from old logs right?

eam13
05-27-14, 07:58 AM
I've also completely lost my living wood drops. I've gone from getting tons all the time (always being maxed out) to NONE and only collecting six LWs in the last week. Frustrating, since my current goals require lots.

Between this and the whole "pyre dragons" debacle, I'm losing patience. I'm starting to feel like I AM being coerced into spending money in order to play, instead of being able to enjoy the game.

glimmergate
05-27-14, 10:12 AM
Thanks for clearing that up! I was gonna say I am definitely not getting living wood from 20% of my trees!! But is there any tree that has slightly better odds? I don't mind buying them but not sure which would help the most. We can't get living wood from old logs right?

No living wood drops from old logs, no. There is no choppable tree that gives a higher chance of living wood right now. Some trees are a better deal in terms of coin cost or the number of times you need to water them, though. I know there's players on here who have done the math and shared it :)