PDA

View Full Version : How did you get started playing Castle Story?

forkyfork99
05-19-14, 10:46 AM
While we wait for the next adventure, I thought I'd post a prompt finding out how everyone found out/started playing Castle Story.

For me - I was playing the Bingo game by Shark Party and one of the goals-for-gems was to download Castle Story. I also got gems by leveling up - all the way to 12. And I found that I liked the game so much I kept playing long after I needed to. And here I am - hopelessly addicted.

You?

ghjvcucjb
05-19-14, 11:53 AM
I've never played computer games. A family member was addicted to games so it turned me off of them. My DH allowed my little one to play Pet Shop but after a few months she was unable to get very far since we wouldn't let her have any neighbors. I decided to help her out and build up her store. One of our new neighbors told us to download the goal games for gems to help out our store. I ended up trying fashion story and got addicted that lead to downloading Castle Story for gems. Within a month or so I was addicted to CS and deleted the other games (had to delete Pet Shop because my little one would cry whenever one of the new baby pets got "sick" and had to be "discarded". Terrible for a child's game). And here I am over a year later. Now my ipad is not working and I'm having withdrawals turning into panic that I won't be able to do the Timed Dragon Quest this week. Trying to figure out if I can bribe Kooky or Maguar to play my game for the Dragon Quest if I can't get the ipad fixed by Thursday...that's true addiction.

forkyfork99
05-19-14, 12:18 PM
Good luck getting your ipad fixed! That would be torture for me.

Never played Pet Shop but it doesn't sound a little eery that animals have to be discarded. Yikes!

shambalaya
05-19-14, 02:05 PM
I downloaded it as a goal from jewel mania and quickly realized that this is the one! When I was a child I would roam my local library looking for books to devour. I preferred the trilogies and longer series, because once I found a story I liked I never wanted it to end! Castle story is just the best interactive story-game <3

forkyfork99
05-19-14, 02:21 PM
Jewel Mania is a fun game too. I played that for bingo gems too way back when. The quests are fun, although I don't like how some of the rounds last several minutes. LOL.

maguar
05-19-14, 02:28 PM
Just a reminder that iOS users don't get gems for downloading and playing other games. The goals that give gems are different ones.

I'd been playing other TL games and was checking stuff about them on the forum. Saw someone mentioning a new castle game. I love reading fantasy so I had to try the game. Got in and saw it required energy. I had just quit city metro due to the energy constraints so I was a bit hesitant. I liked what I was seeing so I pushed through my concerns. Glad I did as this is my favourite game.

ghjvcucjb I really hope you get your ipad fixed in time. Do you have any friends or family who have one you could borrow?

forkyfork99
05-19-14, 02:33 PM
Maguar - I'm confused. Are you saying that you don't get gems for downloading a game but collecting coins from a building after you download a game?

maguar
05-19-14, 02:59 PM
If you check the reward section for the goals to download the game you'll see that it is blank. There are other goals like collecting from buildings that do give gems. It's an important distinction to keep in mind.

forkyfork99
05-19-14, 03:02 PM
Ahh okay, I gotcha.

kudukuda
05-19-14, 11:12 PM
I started with bubble mania just to pass the time. When castle quest came up i ignored it (stupid me) only later did i realise that, while we dont get gems for playing games, it is still worth our while. So then i downloaded bakery story and was hooked on that for a while.
The second or third time i got a quest to download castle story i did so. Missed the valentines edition by an inch i think. I no longer play bakery story, as it was repetitive but am addicted to castle story.

claupu
05-19-14, 11:57 PM
I played [] on my iPad (first game ever) and I really liked it. Unfortunatly at some point it ends. So I was looking for a new game in the App Store which is similar and found CS by accident. Now I'm addicted as everybody else.

Anaboe
05-20-14, 08:47 AM
Dunno what my first TL game was, I've played almost every TL game since I started. 2 or 3 TL games I started without the gem-incentive.

At this moment I'm regularly playing Fashion, Dragon, Bakery, Restaurant, Pet Shop, Farm, Mystery, and Castle. All other games I deleted, didn't like them enough to keep playing.

PurpleScorpion76
05-20-14, 01:28 PM
I've been sick off work and found it when typing in free games! Addicted ever since!

Gabi2111
05-21-14, 12:54 AM
I started with farm story, but found it after a while too time consuming, then dragon story, which became a tad boring over time. And then came castle story along and playing that one since

analine
05-21-14, 01:28 AM
I bought my 1st apple device, iphone 4S but wasn't into any iphone games but my brother was. He was so into this new castle building game on his phone and begged me to help be his neighbor so I downloaded CS to try it out and help him, little did I know... I was so hooked, I played all the other teamlava games to get extra gems, was disappointed that I started playing 3 MONTHS after CS launched, was so happy I missed only 3 MONTHS of CS history, then got sad of the 3 MONTHS of goals and items that I found out was deleted in my new updated version. So far, I never missed any events or goals since I started, my brother still plays too but not as addicted as me or as far in the story as me, and CS is still the only game I am playing everyday (I hav other games but plays them only when I feel like it). Never been so happy when weekly update came up.

echowuuu
05-21-14, 05:37 AM
My girl friend downloaded CS last year because I took a lot of trips for work. She asked me to collect building for her when she was unavailable, I was then hooked to the game and started to play strategically. She eventually gave up fighting the right to play as she found the speed of progress is too slow as the level goes up. Now I play the game exclusively with her occasionally help me collect the building when I wasn't available. It is quite ironic.

camber16
05-21-14, 03:22 PM
I deactivated from Facebook so lost my Castle game on there but found this instead on my Ipad. Its very addictive!

fish63
05-21-14, 04:11 PM
I was playing Hidden Objects. Had great neighbors. They pulled the plug on that game, so a large group came over so we could stay in touch. We are all still playing.