PDA

View Full Version : Help please!

ghjvcucjb
05-18-14, 08:03 PM
I'm posting this from a regular laptop. After weeks of issues with the latest Castle story update, I finally found a way to update my ipad to the latest ios 7. something, in hopes of fixing these issues. Unfortunately now I can't access my ipad. It won't allow me to turn it off and is frozen on the iTunes with white plug and arrow screen. We have googled and tried EVERYTHING but it won't work. We have updated to the latest version of iTunes on my laptop and still nothing. Does anyone know what we can do to get access to my ipad? ANY and all help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Queenzod
05-18-14, 08:11 PM
If you call apple help they should be able to access your iPad and reset it. Or, you can take it to a Genius Bar, and they can fix it for you. Those are the only things I can recommend, since I'm sort of a Pakled about things that will not go. Good luck! We want you back!

ghjvcucjb
05-18-14, 08:32 PM
Thanks Qz! Unable to get through all day. Will have to wait until tomorrow. This so sucks. If anyone has any other suggestions (because waiting another 12 hours for apple support to open double sucks) I'd appreciate it.

oliverrr11
05-18-14, 10:23 PM
White plug usually means to plug it in. Is it just dead?? And Queenzod, are you making up words again??

ghjvcucjb
05-18-14, 11:36 PM
oliverrr (in my best Gaffigan squawking parrot voice), I'm giving you my "are you serious" eyes right now. No it's not "just dead", pfft. It won't properly power off. Even pressing the off and on buttons at the same time, only pulls up the apple logo not the slide to off button. Then when you hit the on button the iTune logo with white plug and arrow pops up and won't go off. No way to get to another screen. We tried connecting to itune store through cable and laptop etc etc but nada. Can't get through to apple support. Don't know if we even have an apple store on my island.

Just want to add that it's mostly my husband's fault. He insisted that I delete and clear my ipad and do the ios update today. I KNEW that was a bad idea. But no body listens to turtle (that's for Queenzod...she'll know where that quote is from).

ETA: can somebody go to my wall and post a note "to everyone I'm having technical issues so please don't delete me!"? Maybe add some red warning circles. Please! TIA!

ETA2: can someone who is my neighbor in FarmStory2 do the same. TIA!

Queenzod
05-19-14, 12:02 AM
[QUOTE=ghjvcucjb;903240]
ETA: can somebody go to my wall and post a note "to everyone I'm having technical issues so please don't delete me!"? Maybe add some red warning circles. Please! TIA!

Done!

oliverrr11
05-19-14, 03:58 AM
oliverrr (in my best Gaffigan squawking parrot voice), I'm giving you my "are you serious" eyes right now. No it's not "just dead", pfft. It won't properly power off. Even pressing the off and on buttons at the same time, only pulls up the apple logo not the slide to off button. Then when you hit the on button the iTune logo with white plug and arrow pops up and won't go off. No way to get to another screen. We tried connecting to itune store through cable and laptop etc etc but nada. Can't get through to apple support. Don't know if we even have an apple store on my island.

Just want to add that it's mostly my husband's fault. He insisted that I delete and clear my ipad and do the ios update today. I KNEW that was a bad idea. But no body listens to turtle (that's for Queenzod...she'll know where that quote is from).

ETA2: can someone who is my neighbor in FarmStory2 do the same. TIA!

Ha! When am I ever serious?? Well, on a rare occasion. Just covering all the bases! Lol! You have to admit it would have been very funny if your plug was out of the wall or something :p. Good luck, and you can rest easier knowing that we are all here "trying" to help! You're welcome!

Edit: to include something that may actually be useful -

Now that we determined it has power, :D did you try press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time and wait 10 seconds or so to see if that turns it off without the slide bar? Do that.

On computer, make sure iTunes is updated

Take USB cable out of ipad and plug the CABLE ONLY into computer

Now hold the round home button thingy while plugging the cable into ipad. (Keep holding!!)
When you see the Connect to iTunes screen (the one with the plug and arrow pointing to iTunes that is NOT telling you to charge it), release the Home button.

iTunes should open and say something like it detected it in recovery mode and it must be restored to work with iTunes.

Use iTunes to restore your device. *NOTE: restoring it will erase all media and data on it and restore it to factory settings!!!

If iTunes isn't recognizing it: on a Mac - restart computer with the USB cable connected for a PC there is other stuff you need to do

kooky panda
05-19-14, 07:47 AM
I'm posting this from a regular laptop. After weeks of issues with the latest Castle story update, I finally found a way to update my ipad to the latest ios 7. something, in hopes of fixing these issues. Unfortunately now I can't access my ipad. It won't allow me to turn it off and is frozen on the iTunes with white plug and arrow screen. We have googled and tried EVERYTHING but it won't work. We have updated to the latest version of iTunes on my laptop and still nothing. Does anyone know what we can do to get access to my ipad? ANY and all help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA!
This has happened on my iphone a few times.

Try the hard reset of your Ipad.

Hold down the power button and home button at the same time (ignore the sliding bar if it comes up) until you see the apple sign.
It may take few minutes for your home screen to come up.

mamareader02
05-19-14, 08:58 AM
My iPhone 4 has had a few issues with not turning off or refusing to budge from a screen,since I'm great at the ignore it and it might work plan of action,I've found that sometimes that actually works!

ghjvcucjb
05-19-14, 09:40 AM
Oliverrr: Yes we tried what you suggested about 20 times, nada. Including the itunes upgrade.

Kooky: Yes we tried the hard reset of ipad a zillion time. It just won't power off. The apple logo comes on then the screen goes black. When you hit the wake up button it goes to the itune logo and gets stuck.

Mamareader: Although I too am in the "ignore" camp most of the time, i ignored it while asleep (just woke up it's only 6:30 am here) and it's still not working.

I'm now trying to see if there's an Apple store somewhere on my island. I should post this next part under the Addict Thread...woke up, went to check CS and FS2 and it hit me that my ipad is not working and it felt like someone punch me in the stomach, total depression. This is what withdrawal must feel like :-( LOL

oliverrr11
05-19-14, 10:27 AM
Is iTunes recognizing that it is there? Mac or PC ? Or is the restore not restoring?
...and wouldn't you know if you let an apple store on YOUR island??

ghjvcucjb
05-19-14, 11:38 AM
Is iTunes recognizing that it is there? Mac or PC ? Or is the restore not restoring?
...and wouldn't you know if you let an apple store on YOUR island??
Been on the phone with support all morning. The ios upgrade went wrong and did something to the ipad and my laptop itune store. They needed to check something and call my DH to help since I'm stupid (my word, lol) and they need ANOTHER computer. Waited 1/2 hour, DH went to the bathroom and support called back. By the time he got to phone, it stopped ringing. Now waiting for them to call back again, DH is irritated and is heading off to work. NOT MY DAY.

Well, I think of it as MY island. There may be a few (ok most) people that might argue that point but really, who cares what they think (unless they're members of the CS community, then maybe I'll consider their opinion). And on MY island I'm very free spirited about what businesses want to set up shop. I'm too busy eating cupcakes and shoe shopping and thinking about how to redecorate my CS kingdom for the new dragon to worry about every single business on MY island. So yes, maybe an Apple Store may exist somewhere around here and I was distracted to notice. Now are you happy oliverrr that I've exposed my dark secrets????

;-)

oliverrr11
05-19-14, 12:08 PM
Just play on your phone until you get it working again

ghjvcucjb
05-19-14, 01:36 PM
HELP again!

Support never called back but our desk top was finally able to "see" the ipad and said we needed to reset it. So hit YES which ****ed everything and reset to factory settings. LOST EVERYTHING. Finally found all my apps in the apps store but when i reinstalled Castle Story and Farm Story, my games are on the welcome screen Level 0 asking me to set everything up. How do I get my old kingdom and farm back?

doobievilla
05-19-14, 01:39 PM
Did you establish a password with Castle Story or Farm Story?

oliverrr11
05-19-14, 01:47 PM
HELP again!

Support never called back but our desk top was finally able to "see" the ipad and said we needed to reset it. So hit YES which ****ed everything and reset to factory settings. LOST EVERYTHING. Finally found all my apps in the apps store but when i reinstalled Castle Story and Farm Story, my games are on the welcome screen Level 0 asking me to set everything up. How do I get my old kingdom and farm back?

Yeah. See my warning about that

maguar
05-19-14, 02:39 PM
HELP again!

If you haven't setup a new account do the following

1. Download racing live from storm 8
2. Play till level 2
3. Go to settings then storm8 tab
4. Click on start/resume transfer
5. Click on new device
6. Type in your ID and password
7. Hit the transfer button
8. Confirm you want to transfer

If you did setup a new account then:
1. Download restaurant story
2. Click on the stormie icon
3. Click on account settings
4. Click on log into another account
5. Put in your ID and password
6. Do the transfer

ghjvcucjb
05-19-14, 03:02 PM
If you haven't setup a new account do the following

1. Download racing live from storm 8
2. Play till level 2
3. Go to settings then storm8 tab
4. Click on start/resume transfer
5. Click on new device
6. Type in your ID and password
7. Hit the transfer button
8. Confirm you want to transfer

If you did setup a new account then:
1. Download restaurant story
2. Click on the stormie icon
3. Click on account settings
4. Click on log into another account
5. Put in your ID and password
6. Do the transfer

This is awesome and will save forever! Thanks Maguar.

Only thing is that it states my password is incorrect. Is it not the same as your iTunes password?

maguar
05-19-14, 03:09 PM
This is awesome and will save forever! Thanks Maguar.

Only thing is that it states my password is incorrect. Is it not the same as your iTunes password?

The ID and password are the ones you set up in your game. So unless you're logging into the forum with a different account it will be the same login details.

ghjvcucjb
05-19-14, 03:47 PM
The ID and password are the ones you set up in your game. So unless you're logging into the forum with a different account it will be the same login details.

I love you! Marry me! ok maybe that was a little too much. It WORKED!!!! Mahalo nui loa Maguar. You are my hero. My kingdom is saved. That was worse than any Dire Boar or Troll invasion.

Thank you everyone for your input and support, you guys rock!