PDA

View Full Version : Hate playing with computer-generated opponent

esmeetje1990
05-18-14, 07:03 AM
This game can be fun, but I just hate it when it's so obvious that I'm playing with a computer-generated opponent... Like, throwing in random "Whoops"s and "Whoa"s and not taking any time to adjust the stick. Especially in tournaments, since I usually lose from them and then have thrown 600 or 900 coins away again.

FrozenTurtle
05-19-14, 10:15 AM
We want to make sure you're matched with an opponent as soon as possible. If the wait time is too much, you might end up getting matched with a computer opponent. Our goal is to match you with another player whenever we can, but that's not always possible. Sorry for the confusion!

misteedance
05-19-14, 09:08 PM
I for one would much rather play against a real person not the computer. I would strongly recommend not using the computer at all I don't think it would profit your company very much. People will get frustrated and leave especially when you spend money to play in a tournament only to get matched up with the computer. What a waste of even playing.

GooglyMoogly22
05-20-14, 04:30 AM
A computer player is easy to beat compared to an actual person that is pretty good at the game. The computer can make shots easily, but it doesn't think about scratching or where to leave the ball for the next shot.

misteedance
05-20-14, 08:24 PM
So as the title says I played 5 games this evening 4 regular games and the 1 tournament. Least to my enjoyment I had to verse the computer all 5 times this is getting to be a little rediculas. Poor game formate if we always have to verse the computer. Uninstalling if this isn't improved.

esmeetje1990
05-21-14, 01:24 PM
A computer player is easy to beat compared to an actual person that is pretty good at the game. The computer can make shots easily, but it doesn't think about scratching or where to leave the ball for the next shot.

Sometimes the computer is easy to beat. Most of the time, however, it is not. Especially in tournaments. One time, the computer got to break and then got all the balls in before I even had my turn...

misteedance
05-21-14, 09:58 PM
Sometimes the computer is easy to beat. Most of the time, however, it is not. Especially in tournaments. One time, the computer got to break and then got all the balls in before I even had my turn...

The same exact thing happend to me tonight in the semi finals. Although there are some players that good also but not as often.

3cala
05-22-14, 11:06 PM
How can you tell if it's the computer over a person?

GooglyMoogly22
05-23-14, 05:03 AM
The computer uses the emotes a lot. The computer also doesn't take a long time to aim, because well...it's a computer.

TinksThots
05-23-14, 12:48 PM
I thought they were all actual people. That's disppointing. Are there any more reliable ways to tell? I sometimes use the emotes a lot too, and don't always take a long time aiming either. I treat a real table the same way; I do better if I don't try too hard lol. ^_^

misteedance
05-24-14, 07:36 AM
I thought they were all actual people. That's disppointing. Are there any more reliable ways to tell? I sometimes use the emotes a lot too, and don't always take a long time aiming either. I treat a real table the same way; I do better if I don't try too hard lol. ^_^

The computer aims in a matter of a millisecond I have never seen a actual player line up there ball that fast even the very high level players. They will also talk the whole time there is no way a person can line up the ball and talk that quickly.

GooglyMoogly22
05-24-14, 09:24 AM
Well you do want to treat a computer player differently. If you leave the computer a bad shot, he will actually take it. A real player will actually think about it. I have baited the computer into scratching or knocking the 8 ball in when it's not his time to do it. After level 20 or so, sometimes this is the only way to beat the computer since if all the balls are spread out decently enough, he will just run the table.

michaelyoni1
05-25-14, 08:27 AM
Sorry, how do you know you are playing computer.
I use the communication a lot to distract my opponent during his aim and shooting in the hope he spends time reading and replying.

GooglyMoogly22
05-25-14, 10:12 PM
It's the way the computer aims. It takes a computer player under 2 seconds to line up his shot. Plus, computer players are named Guest. These are the 2 big clues.

orleansparish
06-27-14, 04:28 PM
I thought we all were players too! I love this game, even though in real life I hit the pool balls, like you would while playing golf/baseball, hockey. I suck at it! But this is great and super fun. I play on four accounts and it's one highlight of my nights when I need to relax and unwind.

One thing that annoys me is when players need to comment for every little stupid thing they do. Boom! Whoa! Watch and Learn! I guess it may be the computer? But anyways, i can't say what I hate because I don't know if its a person or a computer. Maybe all real players HAVE to name themselves? And the bots have the auto generated names. Just an idea.

It also would be nice if we can add people and choose out opponents.

eatup2
07-03-14, 07:29 AM
I just played your bot Guest_lamtis that is on a 22 game winning streak with %72 of it's games won. Not realistic. These bots need to be toned down.

frogsr
08-10-14, 12:21 PM
Well some players out there have a ***** code for this game. I have been playing some opponents and they are terrible at the aim for the first few balls. Then the game goes into " waiting for opponent" mode for a few seconds......they come back then boom, boom, boom.....with the remarks of " watch and learn" etc.

I don't think it's a bot.....it's people who have *****er apps they download and install.
Pathetic!!!!
TL should do something about blocking this action!

kooky panda
08-11-14, 02:30 PM
Well some players out there have a ***** code for this game. I have been playing some opponents and they are terrible at the aim for the first few balls. Then the game goes into " waiting for opponent" mode for a few seconds......they come back then boom, boom, boom.....with the remarks of " watch and learn" etc.

I don't think it's a bot.....it's people who have *****er apps they download and install.
Pathetic!!!!
TL should do something about blocking this action!
To report *****s or hacks, please send an email to support@sharkparty.com.

Thanks

frogsr
08-12-14, 08:06 AM
To report *****s or hacks, please send an email to support@sharkparty.com.

Thanks

I'm reporting it now.

frogsr
08-12-14, 08:08 AM
When I am reporting a problem with the game, why are my threads being closed? I thought that is what you wanted players to do.....report issues, not close the thread so you stop them informing you about the issue.
Makes no sense.

frogsr
08-12-14, 08:19 AM
GooglyMoogly22:
So your stating that when the game shows "waiting for opponent", a bot takes the place of the real person and finishes the game???
I find that hard to believe. They usually clear the table and win so why dosent that player get tickets back or credit for a game that was won?
If that's the true reason......I'm done with this sham of a game.

GooglyMoogly22
08-12-14, 08:47 AM
Yes, that is what happens. The player doesn't get credit for the game because he's not playing anymore. He was there when the tickets were spent so those are gone. He doesn't get credit for a loss either. The game shows 'waiting for opponent' because it is giving the player a chance to return to the game in case it was only a small internet interruption. If he doesn't come back after the 30 seconds expire, pretty quickly a bot will take over. I don't see why the player should get tickets back or get credit for the victory if he didn't stick around for the entire thing.

kooky panda
08-12-14, 10:21 AM
When I am reporting a problem with the game, why are my threads being closed? I thought that is what you wanted players to do.....report issues, not close the thread so you stop them informing you about the issue.
Makes no sense.
It depends on what the issue is. If the forum cannot help, you will be directed to support.
Once you are sent to support, there is no further forum discussion needed.

Discussing specific support issues or discussing *****s/hacks is not forum appropriate, so the thread is closed.

Thanks

frogsr
08-12-14, 10:43 AM
Yes, that is what happens. The player doesn't get credit for the game because he's not playing anymore. He was there when the tickets were spent so those are gone. He doesn't get credit for a loss either. The game shows 'waiting for opponent' because it is giving the player a chance to return to the game in case it was only a small internet interruption. If he doesn't come back after the 30 seconds expire, pretty quickly a bot will take over. I don't see why the player should get tickets back or get credit for the victory if he didn't stick around for the entire thing.

But if the internet connection was not the players fault, why shouldn't they get their tickets back if they are booted from the room through no fault of their own?

GooglyMoogly22
08-12-14, 11:58 AM
But if the internet connection was not the players fault, why shouldn't they get their tickets back if they are booted from the room through no fault of their own?

This is a separate issue, isn't it? I hardly ever have connection issues. Anyway, how do you know it isn't their fault? Wireless connections for gaming certainly are not the most reliable connections for everyone.

Danoz19
09-10-14, 02:07 AM
I've found recently that if you converse with the bots, say nice shooting or you're good, they don't pot out the table as often. Another way to tell if a player is a bot in tournaments, the opening player in a tournament will have a set number of tournament wins and losses eg 20/80. The boys named guest will have a similar number of tournaments eg 19/81 or 21/84. Also, most real players exit out of tournaments when they lose to play again whereas a bit doesn't, so if someone leaves you know they are real.

Tuffers1875
11-14-14, 03:05 PM
We want to make sure you're matched with an opponent as soon as possible. If the wait time is too much, you might end up getting matched with a computer opponent. Our goal is to match you with another player whenever we can, but that's not always possible. Sorry for the confusion!

Rubbish, I haven't played a human in about a week!

YvieKennaCafe
12-03-14, 07:26 AM
It's quite simple to tell the bots apart from humans. If you can't figure that out, then you just aren't paying attention.

What I despise though is playing a human and then midway through that person's connection is severed (whether it's intentional or whatever) and then a bot takes their place and starts kicking butt. Also, it bugs me when you play a bot and they break and clear the table and win. I mean, if I'm playing a person and they do that, hats off to them but a bot? Really? There's no safeguard against that??

IIIMARCUSIII
01-13-15, 01:58 PM
The game sucks in every way i can think of!!
Every time i play a tournament i get a computer generated player wich wipes me of the table!!
Going to uninstall this ****!!!

salenadawn
03-13-15, 10:40 PM
This is a irritating fact, I can't stand how you play in a tournament and everything looks good and u know the shot you are about to take is gonna make it. But this game *****s. It will do stuff like make me hit my ball to soft or to fast. And a lot of times scratch when I was in the clear. Simply put I am calling this game out as a crook & *****. Sometimes when it randomly selects a player it will do it again Cuz that initial game didn't start. And I have literaly lost a all but 14 tickets out of 77, to this stupid problem. I will post nothing but negative reviews for this app til yall do fix the many issues yall obviously could care less about. $ is your motive