PDA

View Full Version : Do some of the train order items get restricted?

Jnny2good
05-17-14, 10:49 PM
I've always had the feeling that some of the items that I need for train orders get throttled so they don't appear in the newspaper. I can haunt the newspaper all day and not see a single of these items offered for sale for the entire day, when normally I'd see it regularly. Tonight I had a very interesting experience with the mine. I needed 9 irons to complete my train. I had 20 picks and shovels combined. Here's what I got with my 20:
19 silver
17 gold
1 pick (which I also used)
1 gem x2
8 iron

A shocking coincidence? Or manipulation of the odds against me? I'd be lucky to get 17 gold in a week of mining in normal circumstances. Iron and silver normally come out of mining in near balanced numbers. By the end I was just laughing out loud at the skewed results.

ciarjen
05-18-14, 04:06 AM
Who knows?

I have never experienced getting that much gold. In fact I would expect 1 gold per 10 tools if I am lucky. It is that much of a rare drop for me. Today's train order needed 9 gold and 10 gold rings. I also had to discard yesterday's train order because it needed gold as well - that's 28 gold needed in 24 hours.

The "load now" button for gems is on the train order for a reason - that being that people actually use it. Crazy I know that people will spend silly amounts of real cash loading up a train with a 5 gem reward.

They will only spend those gems if they cannot find those rare items they need in the newspaper/friends.

Jnny2good
05-18-14, 11:16 AM
Since I posted this I've gotten 5 more gold, umpteen silver, a screw, and no iron. Argh!

TinksThots
05-18-14, 04:50 PM
This is why a lot of my trains leave with 6/10 items filled. I still get two gems, with more time to relax and stock up on other stuff, and far less stress. ^_^

orleansparish
05-18-14, 08:45 PM
This is why a lot of my trains leave with 6/10 items filled. I still get two gems, with more time to relax and stock up on other stuff, and far less stress. ^_^

I never knew we could send trains out without all of the items requested and still get a small return. See, I learn something new everyday! I've literally clicked on the train five times, saw the requirements, laughed....hard and ignored it until it went away. Maybe now I'll try to aim to fill at least half of the orders.

To the original poster, I've seen saying for months that it seems this game is geared towards making each individual experience complicated in some manner. I too find it next to impossible to find an item when it's needed. I do not think its a recurring coincidence. This also happens on castle. I love this game and some others. But I think its a low way to try to Intice us use gems in frustration. I never have and never will.

FridayFarms
05-22-14, 08:44 AM
I have seen the same thing. Will spend the next 10 hours on the newspaper looking for one sushi. Bet I don't find one until the time is up!

cityfan
05-22-14, 09:39 PM
I've always had the feeling that some of the items that I need for train orders get throttled so they don't appear in the newspaper.

Also, I just put 10 salad for sale in the shop after holding on to them for many days, and guess what my next train wanted? Salad!! That's happened to me before as we'll....

TinksThots
05-23-14, 02:54 PM
Also, I just put 10 salad for sale in the shop after holding on to them for many days, and guess what my next train wanted? Salad!! That's happened to me before as we'll....
Every. Birdturding. Time. And I swear it goes through what all my nbrs have for sale and then demands everything they DON'T have to offer. o_o

TinksThots
05-23-14, 02:58 PM
I never knew we could send trains out without all of the items requested and still get a small return. See, I learn something new everyday! I've literally clicked on the train five times, saw the requirements, laughed....hard and ignored it until it went away. Maybe now I'll try to aim to fill at least half of the orders.

To the original poster, I've seen saying for months that it seems this game is geared towards making each individual experience complicated in some manner. I too find it next to impossible to find an item when it's needed. I do not think its a recurring coincidence. This also happens on castle. I love this game and some others. But I think its a low way to try to Intice us use gems in frustration. I never have and never will.
Spread the word! =P

LauraV1
05-27-14, 06:29 PM
Does everyone have the same items to load on the train? Sometimes I think that may be why I can't find what I need in the newspaper.

TinksThots
05-28-14, 11:54 AM
Does everyone have the same items to load on the train? Sometimes I think that may be why I can't find what I need in the newspaper.
The same number required per item? I think so. The same ten items always grouped together as a randomized default order? Good, and very interesting, query. The same ten items for everybody everywhere at the same time? Very unlikely; although there's probably a lot of overlap, there are a LOT of items for that train to randomize, also, everyone's trains are on different schedules.

(*^_^*)

LindaBLB
05-28-14, 02:45 PM
I totally agree with your theory - been noticing it myself for quite some time. If you just have a couple items left to load on your train, you won't get them anywhere. Last night I either needed one more piece of wood, or a saw to cut some. No matter what I did, I couldn't get a saw, when ordinarily every order I filled would get me a saw, and every collection I turned in would get me one too. I went 24 hours without seeing a single piece of wood or a saw in the newspaper too. As soon as I FINALLY completed the order, the next 4 deliveries netted me saws, and wood was everywhere in the newspaper! I'm sure it's just a probability program figured into the game, to keep you from being successful.

Jnny2good
05-30-14, 08:44 PM

I wondered the same thing. It would make those items scarce in the paper without TL doing any throttling.

I needed 5 alpaca wool to complete my most recent train. nothing in the paper for eighteen hours. When my Alpacas finally dropped their wool, and I sent the train, two different sellers offered wool in the very next turn of the newspaper. Veeery suspicious.