PDA

View Full Version : How do I use conctruction items in gift box?

tinalbell
05-17-14, 01:52 PM
I have excepted gifts that were ment for construction. If these items can't be used
after excepting them then why do they go into a gift box for consumable items? I really
could use a few of those items. HOW CAN I USE THEM?

sally_brown
05-17-14, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. Are you asking why they go into storage? Because everything you accept goes into storage. The next time you buy an oven that requires the parts you've received, it will automatically use them when you tap on the oven to build it. You can't use parts from selecting them in storage; you use them when you begin building an oven.

LavaRain8
05-17-14, 03:11 PM
Did you buy an appliance that needs those particular parts? If not, you have to buy an appliance that has a hammer icon next to, indicating that it needs to be built first. You can check this link to see the appliances and how many of each part they take: Sehana's Guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59840-Bakery-Story-Game-Guide&p=757869&viewfull=1#post757869)
If you have already bought the appliance and you see the brown box that it comes in, then double tap the box to see your progress on the parts. For instance, if you buy a Treat Dispenser and you only have 5 blue nozzles and 2 blue motors, then when you open up the box, you will see that you have 5/10 on nozzles and 2/10 on blue motors.

The gifts part is just to let you know how many you have before you buy a box, because once you buy them, you cannot store them away until you finish building it, so it can be a waste to buy a lot without having the parts. You can request up to 20 parts per day from neighbors from those boxes, so again, that could get you in trouble if you need more parts than you can request. You can ask for more than 20, you just won't receive them until the following day(s).

tinalbell
05-17-14, 03:35 PM
Have searched more this is an on going problem that people have been asking to be fixed for at least two
years. obviously it's still a problem. if the gift box is for consumable items only why do the construction items go into it? You go to use it & are told not a consumable item . If these are only used when constructing items
why are they in the gift giving section & freely gifted? Because when your constructing something you have to ask you neighbours for the items you need & they go directly to the construction of your item. So are the construction items set as gifts just useless items? We can't use THEM so remove them or figure out some way we can store them for CONSTRUCTION USE! USEABLE GIFT ITEMS ARE CONSUMABLE ITEMS!

tinalbell
05-17-14, 03:56 PM
Ok here I go again I will try to explain it more simply . I have excepted items that people gifted to me they are construction items not food. I did not have anything under construction so they went into my gift box where all the food gifts go before you place them. now I'm at a level to buy & construct appliances. There are things that are in my gift box that I need for the construction of an appliance & when I tap the item to use it it tells me I CAN'T USE IT IT'S NOT A CONSUMABLE ITEM! Yes I have something under construction that need the items in the gift box! I have them but can't use them have to send request for more from my neighbours & when they answer my request it goes right to the construction of the appliances. I want to know how to use the items that were sent to me via gifts not requests.

kooky panda
05-17-14, 04:51 PM
You cannot tap and use the items directly from your gift box (list).
You buy and place a constructible item then tap the constructible item and you will get a screen that pops up. From there you can request more items if needed, or click the build button.

When you request items or you get them as gifts, they all go into your gift list, but you cannot access them from the gift list.

This thread here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59838-Restaurant-Story-Game-Guide&p=757846&viewfull=1#post757846)may help.