PDA

View Full Version : so...it's now TWO YEARS LATER!!!

AzHadz
05-17-14, 11:46 AM
And still not even a hint of ANY PROGRESS on the Android version of Dragon Story. NOT EVEN BOOSTS for the habitats!!
There has been no mention of any progress .

The current version, Dragon Story Springtime, crashes constantly. Most often when trying to gift gold or return maps.

All the Android players hear are empty promises. I don't know why this is so difficult when other app developers have no problems releasing their apps on both iOS and Android at the same time. Could it be they have better management? Could it be that they are using a portable application development framework that makes coding for both easier? I'm familiar with portable code...sorry but this just isn't that difficult and I'm not sure what the hold up is on getting the features that Android players have been wanting for TWO YEARS!

You know, if you just say, "we've decided not to continue Android development." I think everyone would understand. Not happy, but we'd get it...but it's better than saying, "we're working on it," when there has been ZERO progress shown. "Working on parity" means the following to a programmer like myself:

1) incremental feature releases (boosts, then trading/crafting, then...)
2) Bug fixes for existing bugs and crashes
3) more excitement about having a whole other platform that you can say you develop for and gain a significant income stream

It does NOT MEAN:

1) recompile the same release with a new name just to tweak a bit that says it can have a new dragon
2) silence on progress on updates and releases for the platform

Get with the program...or get out of it! Period! Just state what is happening and start releasing incremental features or say you're not developing for android anymore.

OR (here's a thought) HIRE SOME ANDROID DEVELOPERS!! I've offered, I could do it but the ignorance is deafening.

chalupa2030
05-17-14, 12:08 PM
OR (here's a thought) HIRE SOME ANDROID DEVELOPERS!! I've offered, I could do it but the ignorance is deafening.

You could add all the features that iOS has to android? Seriously?

AzHadz
05-17-14, 01:48 PM
You could add all the features that iOS has to android? Seriously?

Yes. Some would take a while but at least they'd be worked on!

kooky panda
05-17-14, 03:46 PM
Thank you for your feedback.

Please share any questions or comments you have in Forum Disputes.
(http://forum.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes)
Please see Android Parity thread (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?53559-Feedback-Android-parity-discussion-Part-4&p=741356&viewfull=1#post741356) for more information.

Thanks!