PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 05/15/2014 Update Pyre Caverns Teaser

Pages : 1 [2]

zuma022
05-18-14, 06:54 PM
Definitely not worth it :)

So? Nothing happens? No reward or advantage for next Thu?

GC5410
05-19-14, 04:28 AM
So? Nothing happens? No reward or advantage for next Thu?

I finished 2 days ago and can't remember the reward - a few coins I think, nothing special and apparently whether you complete it or not has no advantage/disadvantage for next Thursday, so I wouldn't waste gems on it :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-19-14, 07:25 AM
The only advantage I can see may be a slight advantage over players who don't play at all this week and don't see this teaser update to know the pyre caves are coming on Thursday & that we'll need swords and armor for it.
Otherwise, the rest of it was just a time filler ....especially since the "missives" weren't an actual item to hit our inventory for future use.

Anyone else see an advantage that I may have overlooked?

Ps Don't gem past it, zuma022, no payoff but few coins and couple XP.

zuma022
05-19-14, 09:51 AM
Ok, thanks so much guys!

kudukuda
05-19-14, 10:44 AM
I know it seems as if there will be no advantage, but then the initial time limit makes no sense. Three days, at first... Why? It would have made more sense to leave it with the lmitation of maybe wednesday, so people would finish it by thursday's update. Otherwise, what was the point? Then TL would have saved a lot of stressing from everyone. It would have been a reasonable time to finish it with no fuss. So there must be a reason....

GC5410
05-19-14, 12:34 PM
I know it seems as if there will be no advantage, but then the initial time limit makes no sense. Three days, at first... Why? It would have made more sense to leave it with the lmitation of maybe wednesday, so people would finish it by thursday's update. Otherwise, what was the point? Then TL would have saved a lot of stressing from everyone. It would have been a reasonable time to finish it with no fuss. So there must be a reason....

Post #161

These quests are just a teaser... the event begins next Thursday and will run for 10 days. You don't need to complete this week's quests to see next week's events.

Doesn't exactly say there's no advantage or disadvantage, but does say you'll be able to carry on on Thursday regardless.

maguar
05-19-14, 03:13 PM
I've been stocking up on feasts, food items, raw materials (dragons like shiny things) etc. I wonder if/what the level minimum might be. If its a lower level then it might not be worth stocking up on higher level items as they might not be needed. Would love to get a hint.

my607
05-19-14, 03:36 PM
I think everyone would luv a hint or two.

forkyfork99
05-19-14, 03:58 PM
I'm definitely maxing out my raw food items. Methinks it's going to be a new feast they'll introduce. But I have a couple of other feasts stockpiled too.

I doubt it will be the mercury feast, since that requires fish from the swampy pond which not everyone may have.

forkyfork99
05-19-14, 03:59 PM
I've been stocking up on feasts, food items, raw materials (dragons like shiny things) etc. I wonder if/what the level minimum might be. If its a lower level then it might not be worth stocking up on higher level items as they might not be needed. Would love to get a hint.

You need to be at least level 25 to craft light armor, so it can't require that low of a level.

glimmergate
05-19-14, 04:13 PM
well the teaser is lv. 28+, so... ;)

my607
05-19-14, 08:17 PM
Ok guess just craft everything.

forkyfork99
05-19-14, 09:46 PM
Craft all the things!!

Chaotarch
05-20-14, 02:14 AM
All goals and updates done without white alicorn and gemskiping since 08/13 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
so everyone keep calm :cool:
read the forum and u know what to do ;) easy going...

55lee55
05-20-14, 01:35 PM
All goals and updates done without white alicorn and gemskiping since 08/13 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
so everyone keep calm :cool:
read the forum and u know what to do ;) easy going...

Very wise words, Chatoarch.

My only concern is to make sure I put out all the buildings I currently have in storage that might be needed, like my market, old Thomas's house, stuff like that. The problem is there's not enough room to have them out all the time, and invariably I don't have the building I need out when the goal starts! But I'm not too worried. TL usually gives plenty of time to get it done if you concentrate on the goal, and they are very good about tacking on a bit more time if it's really apparent they may have cut it too close.

That said, I'm sure there's going to be a lot of screaming come Friday. There always is. :)

I find this happens to me also, QZ. No matter how I try to prepare there is usually one building that I have in storage that will be needed. The best thing I have found to do is to hold off starting to collect from buildings with long refresh rates until I see at least the start of the quest posted here. Then I switch out any obviously unnecessary buildings if I see the need to use something I have stored due to space constraints. This is not an ideal game play plan and I was hoping to see an answer to this conundrum. Does anyone have a better strategy? Mine is little better than nothing ;)

castle1423
05-20-14, 02:42 PM
I have done everything and yet the dragons have yet to appear.....any idea when this will happen?? THanks

maguar
05-20-14, 02:58 PM
I have done everything and yet the dragons have yet to appear.....any idea when this will happen?? THanks

We won't see them before the update towards the end of the week (Thursday or Friday depending on which side of the date line you're on)

jptheripper
05-20-14, 05:40 PM
We won't see them before the update towards the end of the week (Thursday or Friday depending on which side of the date line you're on)

bummer that the week long event is over a holiday weekend

SpiritWind00
05-20-14, 08:57 PM
Dear TL, I have a neighbour at L34 and this quest hasn't started for them. Are there any pre-requisites that should be done before to trigger goal? She has opened the glimmergate, has a L5 FR, has Greselda and her castle, has all things troll, although the troll castle has 1 roof sticking out. Has all the normal buildings etc. any clues?

Chaotarch
05-20-14, 11:54 PM
Very wise words, Chatoarch.

Yeah, sometimes...:) thx

but in my opinion, all goals and timed events arent impossible and u dont have to stock up / maxed out with various things...where is the fun and surprise?
As i said, read the forum and u know what to do :cool:
Maybe u cant do the "daily things for your kingdom" ( upgrades or build new ) if u wonna have new things quick:eek: but thats the game...

yellobanana
05-21-14, 12:03 AM
I was in the midst of the All The Wh- Questions, working on the missives, was about half way through and now, the quest has disappeared from the kingdom goals. What gives?

maguar
05-21-14, 01:17 AM
Dear TL, I have a neighbour at L34 and this quest hasn't started for them. Are there any pre-requisites that should be done before to trigger goal? She has opened the glimmergate, has a L5 FR, has Greselda and her castle, has all things troll, although the troll castle has 1 roof sticking out. Has all the normal buildings etc. any clues?

I was in the midst of the All The Wh- Questions, working on the missives, was about half way through and now, the quest has disappeared from the kingdom goals. What gives?

These quests were time limited and have now expired. It is not necessary to have completed them to get the update at the end of the week.

lordviv
05-21-14, 05:53 AM
You need to be at least level 25 to craft light armor, so it can't require that low of a level.

well the teaser is lv. 28+, so... ;)

Anyone figure out what this means.. Between post 260 and 261, there seems to be a clue on what we might need to stock up on, no?? Is it the sweet feast adventure.. Maybe ingredients of that feast for something new or is it the feral lands one..

jomykje
05-21-14, 07:19 AM
I think maybe a new adventure with other feasts. I think from level 27 you can craft ornate stuff. Also, like someone else said, their is that new ornate supply crate trade. I am afraid we are going to need a lot of ornate stuff

(And I just used most of that to upgrade my deep mine :( )

forkyfork99
05-21-14, 07:48 AM
I can confirm that magic cement unlocks at level 27. I do not believe anything else specific unlocks at level 28, but I could be wrong.

I hope it doesn't involve the faerie respite because I don't have that built yet. (The quest starts at level 28)

I'm going to have one of each ornate supply (block, beam, and cement) just in case. I also have at least one of each feast - except the sweet feast. I have the raw food materials, but I'm going to hold off on building it because I have a hunch the new quest will require an entirely new feast.

55lee55
05-21-14, 10:51 AM
I have the raw food materials, but I'm going to hold off on building it because I have a hunch the new quest will require an entirely new feast.

I am doing the same thing. I am also hoping to have some of most food items like breakfast, cake, apple pie, lemonade, etc, because I too am expecting a new quest.

I have at least 10 each of ornate blocks, beams and magic cement. Over 50 armor and swords, nearly max on lanterns, crops, and basic building materials. Also will have 10-20 current quest dishes prepared, except for maybe 8 Sweet Feasts. I have 49 gold eggs, max mithril and 23 adamant. Should have at least 10 of all essences. What else should I have ready for tomorrow's quest?

Rockylandia
05-21-14, 11:37 AM
I am doing the same thing. I am also hoping to have some of most food items like breakfast, cake, apple pie, lemonade, etc, because I too am expecting a new quest.

I have at least 10 each of ornate blocks, beams and magic cement. Over 50 armor and swords, nearly max on lanterns, crops, and basic building materials. Also will have 10-20 current quest dishes prepared, except for maybe 8 Sweet Feasts. I have 49 gold eggs, max mithril and 23 adamant. Should have at least 10 of all essences. What else should I have ready for tomorrow's quest?
Magic fruit? I bet we'll need gold nuggets simply because it's the only thing I have only four of (actually only four golden apples but I think that's been done already) and I haven't collected one in ages so I have slim prospects of getting more.

sunnygirl634
05-21-14, 12:45 PM
In addition to the other preparations that everyone has suggested, I wonder if the Knight's Hall will need to be at level 5? If you don't have that at Level 5, you may want to get the materials needed to upgrade. I'd hold off on upgrading just in case you don't need to, so you don't lose any supplies. Since other buildings needed to be at level 5 during recent quests, and since this is a Thurston and knights quest, I wonder we might see that as a requirement.

jaybay1147
05-21-14, 12:48 PM
My advice.....just have a lot of water. x3

midgetsocks
05-21-14, 12:50 PM
All the adventures have different feasts so chances are a new feast will be unveiled....Stocking up right now on mushrooms, bacon, milk, etc. in addition to grains, fruits and veggies. Right now have both kitchens out of commission as well as my castle..pretty good stock of sugar/flour. We shall see! I'm excited but sort of apprehensive, have 26 each swords and armor. If they'll be needed for the new adventure then sending a big thank you to TL for the heads up! :-) BUT it would be semi strange because swords are only needed for one adventure and armor is only needed for one...Hmmm!!!:confused:

jaybay1147
05-21-14, 12:50 PM
And maybe TL will "borrow" that black arrowed crossbow from The Hobbit, and give it a use for the update. :3

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-21-14, 01:40 PM
In addition to the other preparations that everyone has suggested, I wonder if the Knight's Hall will need to be at level 5? If you don't have that at Level 5, you may want to get the materials needed to upgrade. I'd hold off on upgrading just in case you don't need to, so you don't lose any supplies. Since other buildings needed to be at level 5 during recent quests, and since this is a Thurston and knights quest, I wonder we might see that as a requirement.
Seeing as how this quest will be available to levels 28+, I don't think knights' hall will even be involved (let alone at level 5) cuz most level 28'ers don't even have that building yet.

forkyfork99
05-21-14, 01:45 PM
As a reminder as we are less than a day away, do NOT collect from any buildings with a 24 hour refresh rate as they may be part of the quest. This includes the roost, garden, tablet (not 24 hr but close), marketplace, cathedral, and the troll pit.

Since it's thurston its probably going to be his fort (which is 8 hours) or jousting arena (12 hours), but it never hurts to be too careful. I don't expect it will be anything troll related, but if you want to be sure hold off on everything.

scarletdragon18
05-21-14, 03:18 PM
I'm sure plenty of people have said this already, but I really wish we could have a 3rd kitchen right about now. >.<

sunnygirl634
05-21-14, 03:44 PM
Seeing as how this quest will be available to levels 28+, I don't think knights' hall will even be involved (let alone at level 5) cuz most level 28'ers don't even have that building yet.

Ah, good point. I had forgotten when I got that building! I was just thinking it might be needed because it is Knight related!

my607
05-21-14, 04:09 PM
I already mention the third kitchen in the suggestion area. It would be great to have one about now

Queenzod
05-21-14, 08:18 PM
I think this is going to involve adamant. I've gotten three from deep mines in the last two day! I've taken out every building I can think of. I do wish there was more space. I dislike having to take out these buildings every week and smash them all into a corner somewhere until we find out what we need. It uglifies my kingdom for an entire day.

Virtual first world problems...

djyipyipyippee
05-21-14, 10:13 PM

The only thing I haven't seen considered is that you need to have active neighbors that will help you when you ask for items to advance. It might be good to get a few extra neighbors to your kingdom so if there is a timed piece like this one, you can earn what's needed. I've been waiting to see how the social aspect of the game plays out. There's never been a quest requiring you to have any hearts from visiting your neighbors.

Rockinkitten
05-22-14, 12:06 AM
As a reminder as we are less than a day away, do NOT collect from any buildings with a 24 hour refresh rate as they may be part of the quest.

Good call!

Anyuszko
05-22-14, 12:25 AM
As a reminder as we are less than a day away, do NOT collect from any buildings with a 24 hour refresh rate as they may be part of the quest. This includes the roost, garden, tablet (not 24 hr but close), marketplace, cathedral, and the troll pit.

Since it's thurston its probably going to be his fort (which is 8 hours) or jousting arena (12 hours), but it never hurts to be too careful. I don't expect it will be anything troll related, but if you want to be sure hold off on everything.

My kingdom looks like crazy now, many untouched building...

Also I prepare with planting hot pepper, they would be ready to harvest in 12 hrs when new quest begins. Maybe we need harvest a few. Why hot peppers? Just a thought, fire breathing dragon is like when you eat hot pepper.
I also sent my knights out on 2 quests, in barrack for bandits (sword), in castle for desert (armor). They came back already but I do not collect, maybe first we need to go other adventures before new one appears. (Also this is a good way to save energy for quest begins).
I got now many kitchen things, now I am stocking basic materials such as eggs, milk, and collecting my fruit trees. And counting hours.... :)

I feel this quest is a little "hyped" :)

Also, I saw a curious thing: I got gemsales for 4 or 5 consecutive days (didnt bought any), but today I got none. :)

Anyuszko
05-22-14, 12:29 AM

One more thing: energy. If you have untouched alicorns, save them now. Also, do not collect from your wizard schools 4 hours prior beginning. Send a trade which gives you energy but do not collect it. 2 hours prior to beginning, do nothing in your kingdom, let your energy refill.

Also, be wise to keep ready your crafting buildings, craft anything you like but all crafts should be ready when quest begins. So do not craft mithril now, or do not start crafting a hours long feast 10 mins prior beginning and so.

JayUK69
05-22-14, 01:38 AM
Been making sweet feasts all week and hot sauce just incase. Already sent knights out on a desert sands adventure so it'll be quicker to collect from if that is part of the quest. I also never collect from anything on update days that can only be collected from once a day.

outhouse01
05-22-14, 02:09 AM
I think it is a safe bet to say "expect the unexpected". We can stock up on whatever we like, pull all buildings out of storage and craft like mad. However, I am sure there will be a (hand)brake somewhere. Be it a new feast, or collecting from something and then you have to wait for something else. Troll quest as an example, we collected from the pit and then had to wait another day to collect to move on. As this one will be a timed quest, I use this as an example only, but I am sure there will be a curly one somewhere along the line.

For the record, I have pulled my unused buildings out of storage, have crafted whatever I can think of and have only collected from things that I know will be ready by the time the update comes through. BUT I feel that handbrake will be applied somewhere.

To my fellow gamers, good luck and I hope you enjoy whatever is install for us. Cheers

ciarjen
05-22-14, 02:13 AM
I've not done anything to prepare :p:p

If there are going to be goals with time limits I am expecting that they will be available for all players of the right level - in other words they will be achieveable by all and not just players who were able to psychically predict which resources needed to be stockpiled ahead of time. It would make no sense to do this as it would just alienate so many of their players.

I know there have been instances in the past where this was done but I think that TL learned from that and all the negative feedback they got and their goals of late seem to be very well thought out and fair.

So I will just relax and enjoy the game. :)

outhouse01
05-22-14, 02:35 AM

If there are going to be goals with time limits I am expecting that they will be available for all players of the right level - in other words they will be achieveable by all and not just players who were able to psychically predict which resources needed to be stockpiled ahead of time. It would make no sense to do this as it would just alienate so many of their players.

I know there have been instances in the past where this was done but I think that TL learned from that and all the negative feedback they got and their goals of late seem to be very well thought out and fair.

Hi ciarjen, I totally agree with you. If you were responding to my post, all that I meant was that "we are in for a ride" as such- good, bad or ugly, we we know in a few hours. Whatever comes up, comes up. Enjoy. Cheers

ciarjen
05-22-14, 02:52 AM
Hi ciarjen, I totally agree with you. If you were responding to my post, all that I meant was that "we are in for a ride" as such- good, bad or ugly, we we know in a few hours. Whatever comes up, comes up. Enjoy. Cheers

No I didn't see your post until after I had written mine. I was just offering a different perspective on what I was reading as the general consensus in the thread.

These updates are designed to keep players playing with some sort of goal to be working towards. Having everything ready ahead of time, with no buildings to wait for to finish early, kind of defeats the whole object of the update for me.

TL knows this too and that's why they put in brakes, like making us collect from a building twice, so not all of the update can be done as soon as the event goes live on a Thursday :)

rosym47
05-22-14, 03:27 AM
I also started to make hot sauce and then realised that it was leaving me very short on rats tails. So I stopped using them and started saving instead. Probably got it wrong and I'm out when the adventure starts so I will just have to wait and see.

Anyuszko
05-22-14, 04:01 AM
However, I am sure there will be a (hand)brake somewhere.

My thought is, there would be a random and rare drop (thru the new adventure) which gives us the reward. Like we may find a (new type of) dragon egg thru this adventure (which we can raise in our forge or so).

What I expect, that as all these timed and random rare dropped quests works, some players should be able to reach this new reward (as I said perhaps a new type of dragons), some players wont. Maybe some of us can reach more than one. And as always, the egg or whatever can be bought by gems as well.

gilachaya
05-22-14, 04:26 AM
Thank you everyone for sharing your tips and preparation! This week I remembered not to touch my buildings when I started playing! Happy Thursday!

kahleesi61
05-22-14, 05:14 AM
I rarely look ahead in the game. I like to take it as it comes and be surprised. If a new building or whatever is to be built, I don't want to see what it looks like before. It takes away the anticipation and excitement and thrill for me. Makes the game more challenging and fun. Just sayin.....

Galriad
05-22-14, 05:42 AM
This time difference can be a bit confusing. Been waiting for this one to kick off all week. Good call on some of the buildings not to visit as I have done that myself and regretted it as I had to wait, or use gems to finish a task...

JayUK69
05-22-14, 05:50 AM
I also started to make hot sauce and then realised that it was leaving me very short on rats tails. So I stopped using them and started saving instead. Probably got it wrong and I'm out when the adventure starts so I will just have to wait and see.

I was maxed out on rat tails, so didn't matter about making loads. I only stocked up about 15 though as the last part of this quest showed a drag egg on one of the pop ups, so that's why I switched to sweet feasts. I have 2 more in the kitchen that will be ready a few hours before the update, but won't collect until after incase part of the quest is to make some.

Seriously700
05-22-14, 05:51 AM
It's interesting reading all the preparations and speculations. I started playing CS just after Christmas so I haven't really experienced this type of quest before, but I've read plenty of the stories from people who never got the random drops to finish their pergola, inn and stable. How frustrating!

I would be inclined to think that these quests are designed to be both fun and challenging, and not just achievable by those who have huge stockpiles of all items. So I would think there could be a certain amount of harvesting and crafting required, rather than just having and giving from inventory. But I'm sure it's difficult to make it appealing to players from level 28 to level 50

On the game I play with my son, level 28, he is building Sabina's house now, which means he recently depleted his iron ore crafting tools to cut her hair. We are chopping many iron rich rocks these days to make swords and armor! I wonder whether he'll be able to do much of this quest given his current resources.

On my game, I am holding off on updating the blythewood sapling the second time. It sounds like this quest will involve knight's adventures, so I will have to postpone the mount despair adventures, and I don't want my faeries mad at me for an extra week while I focus on this quest. Plus I don't want to tie up my exchange for 2 days in case it's needed for the quest.

Good luck to all! Hope it's fun for all!

Anyuszko
05-22-14, 06:26 AM
I was maxed out on rat tails, so didn't matter about making loads. I only stocked up about 15 though as the last part of this quest showed a drag egg on one of the pop ups, so that's why I switched to sweet feasts. I have 2 more in the kitchen that will be ready a few hours before the update, but won't collect until after incase part of the quest is to make some.

Wise idea, ill make a sweet and a umm dark-cave-feast (dont remember name) and keep in kitchen until update.

Anyuszko
05-22-14, 06:29 AM
It's interesting reading all the preparations and speculations. I started playing CS just after Christmas so I haven't really experienced this type of quest before, but I've read plenty of the stories from people who never got the random drops to finish their pergola, inn and stable. How frustrating!

Some part of the game is depending on luck, that is part of the business, for unlucky and/or unpatient customers should skip with gems.

However, if they plant luck factor in a time depended quest, that is another thing. I think (I fear) this time we face an event like this, thats why I am stockpiling "crazy" (and still I bet there would be something Ill miss when all these starts)

midgetsocks
05-22-14, 07:12 AM
I just hope it's not similar to the pink alicorn challenge! That one threw me for days the way it was rigged!...kinda skittish because my mines seem to have been dropping less silver as of late, only 48 pieces in my inventory...

Whatever it is good luck to all :) :) judging by time stamps from past update threads a new one could be posted within 5 hrs

m1stery
05-22-14, 07:51 AM
Can we get some sneak peek of today's update.... preferably earlier than usually ;)

jimmyshilling
05-22-14, 08:10 AM
How long till it goes live?

forkyfork99
05-22-14, 08:24 AM

See my philosophy is this - even with all the prep I'm doing I can use the materials for other upcoming goals so nothing is really wasted. I'm looking at this time as a chance to stock up on resources I'm always low on - mermaid scales, glimmerdust, iron ore, silver, etc.

GC5410
05-22-14, 09:51 AM
I'm ready, not touched anything - plenty of energy ready, I'm even due to go up a level in about 200xp so that's good timing.

I completely forgot it was even Thursday until I went to vote an hour ago (elections in the UK are always on a Thursday).

Aggwynn
05-22-14, 09:59 AM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?68871-Castle-Story-05-22-2014-EVENT-Infiltrate-The-Pyre-Caverns