PDA

View Full Version : Oh Trolls, where for art thou?

Petasos
05-14-14, 02:49 PM
I completed the final Troll Tribe quests a the day before the Belladonna update came out. Over the next few days I started to notice a surprising lack of trolls spawning. At first I dismissed it as coincidence, but now after a week I thought I would ask any of you to see if you are experiencing the same thing. I tap buildings, rock outcroppings, cocoa, mushrooms, etc., and nothing, zip, nada. I get lots and lots of boars, which I spend 8 energy to **** and get 2 back (total rip off), but no more trolls. So I thought if this is true and you have not finished the Troll Tribe update, you may want to stock up on Troll Essence and Horns. The only place I am getting those items from now is the occasional drop from the Troll Pit and I think the Troll vault, and Kaz's house. I am uncertain about the last two though.

Long story short it will effect my ability to do more than 5 more Troll Hunter trades before I am out of horns and get very, very few now.

meme1098
05-14-14, 03:04 PM
In part 4 didn't we unite with them against the boars? Also, in part 5, Kaz's 5 left for the Blythewood to confront the boars & keep the masses of them at bay.

From Dabag's dialog thread:

"KAZ: Yes! Do not forget King Zeba'jin! Make peace in his name!
Ruler: As Ruler of this Kingdom, I deeply apologize for our history.
KAZ: King Zeba'jin frowns at us from the Swampy Heavens.
Dire Boars are a shared enemy.
After they return to the Feral Lands where they belong we can change our objective.
For now, we join forces with the humans.
This is the new law under the only one Troll King.

(kaz>Well, there ya go. I unified the Trolls under one Tribe. I guess... thank you.
With the two united, the Dire Boars will be kept under control. But we're far from done.)

I have had horns drop from troll vault, pit, & castle occasionally. If you read other threads, most players are not doing that trade for a while to see how the story plays out. I've also quit doing that trade since horns are not as prevalent as before. I mainly do the dairy trade as often as possible since it's short & easy to collect milk & eggs frequently.

Petasos
05-14-14, 03:12 PM
Oh I get ya, I have no issues with the story line and have followed it all. The problem with life without Trolls is that we need Troll parts to do things in the game. No Trolls = No Troll Parts, well just a little, rare, random drop of occasional parts from the few buildings we have. I will not use my existing parts because as soon as I run low TL will release an update requiring 75 Troll essence and 80 horns.

And just to play devils advocate, Kaz also said there are factions that do not agree with a truce with humans. So we could always be ****ing them and cutting off their parts, hehe.

meme1098
05-14-14, 03:17 PM
Oh I get ya, I have no issues with the story line and have followed it all. The problem with life without Trolls is that we need Troll parts to do things in the game. No Trolls = No Troll Parts, well just a little, rare, random drop of occasional parts from the few buildings we have. I will not use my existing parts because as soon as I run low TL will release an update requiring 75 Troll essence and 80 horns.

And just to play devils advocate, Kaz also said there are factions that do not agree with a truce with humans. So we could always be ****ing them and cutting off their parts, hehe.

That's true. I guess Kaz is keeping them under control for now....haha.

forkyfork99
05-14-14, 03:46 PM
I have completed Part 4 and am in the middle of Part 5, and I have not seen a single troll either. My usual spawning place is mushrooms, but now all I get is boars (which I totally don't need either since I have so many tusks)

DessertWolf
05-14-14, 04:10 PM
The Dire Boars have had their fair share of battles with Trolls, so they will actually drop some Troll Parts after being defeated. In addition to this, exploring the Troll Castle and Troll Pit may also allow you to salvage some Troll Parts. Hope this helps!

Queenzod
05-14-14, 05:21 PM
The Dire Boars have had their fair share of battles with Trolls, so they will actually drop some Troll Parts after being defeated. In addition to this, exploring the Troll Castle and Troll Pit may also allow you to salvage some Troll Parts. Hope this helps!

Can you be a bit clearer? Do you mean that the trolls are gone for good? Or is it a case of they're gone for a while, maybe? It seems as though we've traded battling trolls, which only stole 2-3 energy for boars, who regularly steal 5-6 energy. Not a very good trade off for all that battling and making amends.

55lee55
05-14-14, 05:33 PM

Are you by chance asking that if there are no trolls, where do we get necessary items like troll horns? If so, many of the troll related items are still dropping these. I haven't bashed a troll since the Belladonna update came out, but my supply of troll horns and troll essence are still building in my inventory. I am not sure if this is what you are asking and if I misunderstood, please accept my apology.

Petasos
05-15-14, 10:46 AM
Are you by chance asking that if there are no trolls, where do we get necessary items like troll horns? If so, many of the troll related items are still dropping these. I haven't bashed a troll since the Belladonna update came out, but my supply of troll horns and troll essence are still building in my inventory. I am not sure if this is what you are asking and if I misunderstood, please accept my apology.

As the original post implies I am fully aware that we do get Troll parts from buildings. And it also says that those parts are given at a much lower rate then they were when ****ing spawned Trolls. If you do not use Troll items of course your inventory will go up. My point is that it will go up at a much slower rate now without Trolls spawning. I have my own opinion on the subject but if you feel that the items are dropping at an acceptable rate please wipe out your supply of horns. That is easy enough to do by a few Troll Hunter Trades (20 per trade). I do not think Troll essence is a big deal as so little is needed in crafting but the horns will be noticed. I am willing to bet your recovery rate is now twice as long, or more, due to random drop rate and building refresh timers. I have seen random parts drop from boars as DessertWolf stated but that is exceedingly rare and barely worth mentioning. So if that was meant to alleviate the absence of Trolls that is definitely not working as intended.

dracoonic
05-15-14, 11:48 PM
In that case, I regretted even to start the Dire Boar quest. Trolls random are much better than Dire Boars...

Petasos
05-16-14, 08:01 AM
Here is a little evidence, I have not received one Troll horn in 5 days. My count has remained at a constant 94 for the last 5 days. I will not be using them because of that fact, so that effectively eliminates the Troll Hunter Trade from my useful trades to collect tickets. Not that I do it that often but when all the parts are maxed and I have an opening I usually run that trade for a ticket. Now that I know horns are next to impossible to come by I will not be doing that anymore.

The reason I am posting is to see if anyone else is noticing the same thing or if I am just another player cursed with bad random drop luck in this particular instance. Oh, and by the way, I have never had issues with horns. I never trap monsters in my kingdom because I like being stocked up on parts. So I pay close attention to things when the supply runs dry.

Castloninian
05-16-14, 08:50 AM
I had 55 a couple of days ago and now have 59 so they are still dropping, just much slower than when we battled trolls.

forkyfork99
05-16-14, 09:06 AM
I have not seen trolls in at least a week. It is not just you.

55lee55
05-16-14, 03:46 PM
As the original post implies I am fully aware that we do get Troll parts from buildings. And it also says that those parts are given at a much lower rate then they were when ****ing spawned Trolls. If you do not use Troll items of course your inventory will go up. My point is that it will go up at a much slower rate now without Trolls spawning. I have my own opinion on the subject but if you feel that the items are dropping at an acceptable rate please wipe out your supply of horns. That is easy enough to do by a few Troll Hunter Trades (20 per trade). I do not think Troll essence is a big deal as so little is needed in crafting but the horns will be noticed. I am willing to bet your recovery rate is now twice as long, or more, due to random drop rate and building refresh timers. I have seen random parts drop from boars as DessertWolf stated but that is exceedingly rare and barely worth mentioning...

I haven't seen many Trolls in my Kingdom since they became unnecessary to the main storyline. Like the Pink Skunkupines the storyline moved on without needing them, and my main monsters are now Dire Boars, Fangbeasts, and Skunkupines, w/Dire Boars being the most common. I tripped over a few Pink Skunkupines and a Troll as well while trying to trick a beastie to trigger somewhere where I could play without needing to access the grayed out area behind them, and when I got a Dire Boar cornered in my pig farm, I left it there so I can do the stuff I need to do now without having to fight every few steps.

I am still collecting the items that I got from trolls from other sources.

The Troll Hunter Trade is still an option in the Exchange, along with other trades that can be done by anyone at any time they choose, but it is a choice to do that trade and not a necessity.

Sorry, but I can't read minds. If you address a comment directly to me and say you implied a fact that is not a fact, but an opinion, and not stated but only implied, give me something to work with here.

I could do the Gold Trade, but it would be unreasonable to post complaints that I am not getting enough gold drops to satisfy me if I am wasting my gold on a trade that for me could result in drawing down my inventory of gold.

There are choices available to us in the exchange, but no one is responsible for our bad choices if we choose to do them instead of exchanges that can help progress us ahead in following the main storyline. I suppose that TL could reduce our choices by blacking out for us the trades that aren't directly to completing the storyline to reduce our chances of making bad choices, but personally, I would rather have the opportunity to make a mistake now and then because it keeps me on my toes.

I am not going to answer every single unsubstantiated claim here because I am not a TL employee and I can't change the way Castle Story works to make anyone happy. I left my super powers in the pocket of my other PJ's.

There is no way that I can be responsible for others bad choices or priorities. I can only own my own.

I see the same type of conspiracy theories about TL changing drop rates or monsters or anything that happens in Castle Story being posted in many threads. I have not seen more than two or three that seem to be real issues that require further evaluation by TL, only one that was a real bug (The Skunkupine Fortune). The rest are not only about an extremely rare problem, but they are accompanied by other issues such as crashing that are not seen by the majority of game players.

In every drop rate conspiracy case I have seen where there even "seems" to be a valid issue there has been an acknowledgement by TL that they are looking into it.

I have only been playing Castle Story for about four months, and I obviously have not read every conspiracy theory seriously advanced in the last four months, much less those posted before I began playing and stumbled into these forums. Please take this fact into account.

That said, if a player is truly unhappy with playing Castle Story "as is", and they don't want to play by the same rules of the game that apply to the rest of us, the option is there to decide to "vote with your money". By that I am saying that there is the option for any and all of us to stop playing and spending money which goes to TL and if they can't justify maintaining Castle Story fiscally, they are not a charitable organization and have no obligation to continue to support a game that proves unprofitable.

By definition the rules of the game are exactly what TL says they are, not what I or any other player says they are or should be.

If ya don't like it, there are other games out there, and I question the motives of the conspiracy theorists. If it simply an individual need to see conspiracies in everything, there are medications available for that;-)

Petasos
05-17-14, 07:13 PM
Dear god that was totally out of left field. I really do not care about anything you said other than trolls are not spawning in your kingdom. That was what I asked to begin with in a nice manner. I am not angry at TL or the game. I just made an observation and asked if it was happening to others. I am not an idiot and I know I can run any trade I wish or not. But I, like many others, just run whatever trade I can most of the time. Without the resources to build back up I will hold off on that one. That's about it from my point of view. Whatever soapbox you are on is your own problem.