PDA

View Full Version : Gold, what do you spend it on?

Anaboe
05-09-14, 10:41 AM
I'm curious on what everyone spends his or her gold on.

Myself, I very rarely use it on speeding, and only if I have a secundairy goal. For example, a dragon is limited, the time is almost done, but if I speed this 20 h Island-breeding for 1 gold, I have another chance. If I don't speed, the time will be gone. I've used max 5 gold on speeding this way.

When I was on Android I bought 2 big habitats, which I never would do now on iOS.

Accidentally I speed up a breeding or farming, but I don't think that has cost me more than 20 gold total.

I never use it for speeding the arena, I always have enough time.

The biggest amout of gold I spent on utlimating in a tournament. Per tournament, I usually ulti 5-6 battles.

Last spending is on dragons, so far I've bought a Gilded Dragon because it was on sale for 300, and a few weeks back I bought a Diamond.

I've bought a couple of times gold, for the Diamond I payed approximatly ?40. I once bought a ? 0,99 started-pack.

What were your buys and what do you do with you gold?

ciarjen
05-09-14, 10:43 AM
I spend it only on things when I know what I am getting in return. Like using ultimate in tournments to guarantee a win or buying a (cheap) dragon in the market.

I don't use it for speed breeding because there is no guarantee you get anything for your money.

buttabdullah99
05-09-14, 10:58 AM
I only spend gold on speeding up breeding or nothing else :)

jim23cash
05-09-14, 11:09 AM
I just bought the Mother Dragon (limited) on sale for 500. I bought 3 of the 4 treasure type Dragons, (except Goldwing) when they went on sale. I use Ultimate occasionally in tournaments. I upgraded all of my habitats (and I'm maxed out again). I bought 4 nests. I like to speed breed. I will put an egg in each nest, then let them hatch before I speed breed more, unless there is a time limit or a community event where we get points for hatching. Then I sell off the nests the shorter hours eggs, and try again.
I don't mind spending gold, this is my entertainment budget, AND I want to help support the people that make all of this possible for us! TL has staff to pay, & gold is how they pay their bills. I buy gold regularly. And spend it regularly, too! ;)

MakJulos
05-09-14, 11:36 AM
I only use gold to speed up battle arena and for Ultimates, buying myself shortcuts in the lottery! I never get enough gold to afford buying a dragon or something expensive, and i don't feel Dragon Story is rewarding enough as it is to make me pay any extra money...well, any money that is lol, so i'm not buying gold for buying ingame stuff, but thx to exchanging gifts with a bunch of supernice and quite stubborn neighbors, and other app games giving gold as goal rewards i get by nicely still. :) Oh yes, a good while ago i had piled up gold enough to buy a 2nd nest - extra nest(s) is really a good investment, making game a lot more fun! I did buy a couple value packs earlier, imo they're really quite ok deals if you like the game a lot.

astampf9
05-09-14, 11:37 AM
I also buy and spend gold regularly. I mostly use it for speeding up breeding and I almost always need to spend some gold for tournaments. Spending gold to speed up breeding probably isn't a good return for your money. More often then not the money I spend on gold for that does nothing. It makes more sense to use it on the tournaments, at least you know it's going toward getting a new dragon. I end up getting impatient when I breed though I'll admit.

PineapplePigeon
05-17-14, 10:56 PM
Currently, i am saving up for a second nest. I am on level 96 and I still only have one nest :p but afterwards, I'll just save some for any dragons I would like to buy :) I never use ultimates in tournaments, I don't think its worth it

MakJulos
05-18-14, 12:22 AM
Sometimes i spend gold like i just did - by mistake, on the TeamLava goldtraps that take advantage of laggy connectivity and/or users clumsiness.

I know, they must make their profit somehow, and i only lost 10 gold finishing off crops for no reason this time, nuttin really, but it is still such a weak way of taking our gold to make us buy more - even if i personally react exactly the opposite way lol!

:cool:

PepperWoo
05-18-14, 01:31 AM
I use it mainly for speed breeding/hatching. Sometimes I just can't stand waiting for an egg that I'm certain to not be what I'm aiming for. xD Also used gold to buy another nest and a bigger coin capacity habitat for my Cornucopia... plus the occasional gem traps lol.

Sparkly888
05-18-14, 01:55 AM
If a new dragon comes out that I want and it's for sale for say 500 gold I will speed breed and hatch with those colors for usually less than the 500. So I get more than the one dragon. Even if I don't get the new dragon I always get some that I want to keep and a good handful for trading.

If I'm going to bed or going out for the day and there is like 2 hours left to go on my Evolution Temple I will finish that off with a few gold and put another dragon in the Temple. Same with my breeding den.

I spent 250 gold on a new nest when the Egyptian Event started. I'm still really glad I made that purchase. A second nest is so useful.

I'm prepared to spend extra gold on Evolving to get extra bombs for mining for a dragon but I haven't had to yet. I'm 2 rune stones from getting my second Rune Dragon.

I am willing to buy and spend gold because as others have said, it's a way of supporting a game I love to play. And even at that it's very cheap entertainment.

I always spend extra on Summonings. I don't need to. I always end up with way more parts, leaves, coins, eggs than I need. It's like voting for what I want (Summonings) with my money.

orleansparish
05-18-14, 02:46 AM
I haven't spent gold for speed breeding in ions. But when the habitats went on sale again I bought 1400 to upgrade a few and get three of the super cute black/blue dual habitats. I'm a grinch when it comes to gold now so it'll probably be Xmas or a HUGE event before I even consider splurging again.

JustKay
05-18-14, 06:31 PM
I'll only buy stuff on sale (dragons, habitats), except for dragons that are going limited that i absolutely must have. I think i've only done this for the Red Lantern dragon. I did use gold once or twice on speed breeding during a boosted breed weekend but I think that counts as a special event. Also used gold for ultimates, and twice i sped through battles due to being on holiday.

JustKay
05-18-14, 06:40 PM
Wow, after reading other comments, I do remember more time I spent gold.

Fell for a few gold traps early on, but I'm good now. I got hit once with a 800 gold for a Firework dragon I already had. Got super angry, promised myself I was going to quit and spent the remaining 200 gold on the lucky spin wheel. Worst decision ever. Still have the egg in my storage!

Bought the final piece of the knight dragon for 800 gold. Shame I managed to win one much later in a flash tourney :(

Accidentally upgrade a habitat for 500 when it first came out cos I didn't realise it was gold prices.

Spent a small amount of gold in some of the earlier summonings to get the final pieces.

Bought a gold mine (still have it as a decoration), also bought a diamond temple that was absolutely useless, but I wanted it for a decoration idea I had. Also bought two gold brick road tiles because I was feeling generous after a good breeding run.

Bought four gold giving type dragons, so now I have a steady income.

Pretty happy I managed to do all this with just gold earned from gifting, gold giving dragons and installing & playing other TL games! Haven't actually paid for gold yet.

kbrown0410
05-19-14, 01:31 AM
My gold is mostly for hurrying along breeding (usually 1 or 2 hours here and there). Recently I got my first Diamond, and sped it from breeding all the way to L10.

I have also bought a second nest (about a year ago), a couple of the new habitats when they are discounted on release, a couple of dragons that seemed impossible to get (Tropic (which I have still not managed to breed ever), Winter Games, + a couple of others). A few months back I lost 700 in speeding up an expansion when TL had server problems - never did get that back.

Also, haven't bought gold either - all from installing/playing TL games, the free gold button in the corner, and gifts.

JustKay
05-19-14, 04:36 AM
I have also bought a second nest (about a year ago), ....

Also, haven't bought gold either - all from installing/playing TL games, the free gold button in the corner, and gifts.

Oh, yeah, totally forgot about buying nests.. I got a second one too since it's impossible to get by with just one :)

I wish there would be a lot more of those offers now. I don't seem to get them anymore. I guess maybe I'm too far along and it's only fair to give those chances to the newbie players. I do still get them on my Android account which is a much lower level.