PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 05/08/2014 Update Belladonna

Pages : 1 [2]

sabrinashal
05-16-14, 03:45 AM
So how many Belladonna's Inscription did you send so far? 2 , 5 , 10 ?!

ShibuyaCloth
05-16-14, 04:15 AM
3, I have a dunk & Glimmer Pitcher bottleneck.

tigarlilyvol
05-16-14, 04:15 AM
I sent the fourth last night

Castloninian
05-16-14, 04:32 AM
I haven't actually pressed send yet but have 6 in my inventory. Close to number 7 now.

sabrinashal
05-16-14, 05:42 AM
I haven't actually pressed send yet but have 6 in my inventory. Close to number 7 now.

why not?

my607
05-16-14, 06:25 AM
I only have 1.

freesiawoods
05-16-14, 06:29 AM
Have only one. I'm actually short of glimmer trap plants!

echowuuu
05-16-14, 06:55 AM
11/20 ATM I used upmmy plant at my 10th trade and paid 40 gems for 10 trapper plant. I got enough gems to do 2 more trades, then the waiting game begin.

Galadraal
05-16-14, 07:29 AM
I've only got the two sent. I'm having a very hard time getting fragments now that I need them. Sometimes the gate drops ZERO. I need the pitcher plants. I have two raffeas left and the only ones that I've gotten lately (I was out of them) were 12 of the first one on the list.

Galadraal
05-16-14, 07:34 AM
Actually, I just did the regular Belladona trade because I had all the items. I used all 15 of my rat tails and it dawned on me that might be a mistake if I need more hot sauce :-(

The swords are from one adventure and the armor are from another so maybe the food will be a new combo based on those two adventures??? Maybe a new feast with a new ingredient/ recipe we don't have yet like for the Feral one. Or hot sauce and Ice cream like someone else said :-)

parlski
05-16-14, 10:59 AM
21 raffelsia plants!!!! I'll see you sometime next year...

This is plum-didely crazy. I must have done two dozen [baker's dozen! (they come in 13's!) ]of these Grow Dark Plant in the greenhouse and managed only one Red plant. this will take ages. I hear rumour on the walls that this quest has a time limit... Is that true?

maguar
05-16-14, 01:37 PM
This is plum-didely crazy. I must have done two dozen [baker's dozen! (they come in 13's!) ]of these Grow Dark Plant in the greenhouse and managed only one Red plant. this will take ages. I hear rumour on the walls that this quest has a time limit... Is that true?

Time limited goals are indicated with a count down clock in the goal book. This one doesn't have that so I don't think it's limited. The dialogue with greselda indicates she'll revisit it in 3 months but this could just be our clue that it will take a long time to finish.

my607
05-16-14, 05:19 PM
I only have 2 inscription and I always don't have enough pitcher plant. I got a pitcher plant from dark garden. I was wondering can't these plants drop from adventures or something. I think I be done by Christmas.

jewelsagain
05-16-14, 06:03 PM
Can u tell me how to unlock? It's driving me nuts. Griselda castle 100% upgraded, dark garden 100%. I've forced closed my game. Deleted & reinstalled. Turned my iPhone off & on. I don't know what else to do. Aughhh!

sweetsatisfactions
05-16-14, 09:40 PM
I'm very unhappy with this new quest. It's ridiculous! It's not fun and even has made me look for another game to play. There is zero sense of accomplishment! You better add more ways to get the plants needed or you're going to a lose players who are mad like me. Long term goals shouldn't be! Updates weekly is what I want. You are losing money also because there is no sense in using gems, it would be a bottomless pit. So why bother.

Castloninian
05-16-14, 10:35 PM
I'm very unhappy with this new quest. It's ridiculous! It's not fun and even has made me look for another game to play. There is zero sense of accomplishment! You better add more ways to get the plants needed or you're going to a lose players who are mad like me. Long term goals shouldn't be! Updates weekly is what I want. You are losing money also because there is no sense in using gems, it would be a bottomless pit. So why bother.
But this is something you can just do on the side. We still get weekly updates so you can spend as much or as little time doing this stuff. By the looks of it the storyline will only continue in 3 months anyway. Or maybe it won't. But to me it doesn't really matter. I could understand everyone's outrage if this is all we were going to get for three months, but that is not the case.

echowuuu
05-16-14, 11:56 PM
Soon, there will be new gem building for shards. I don't against this idea, but it seems TL been pushing too hard.

my607
05-17-14, 07:27 AM
Has anyone gotten to 10 inscriptions yet? The plants should drop from other places too maybe magic garden . The random drop from greenhouse is annoying you don't usually get the plant that you need.

Queenzod
05-17-14, 08:16 AM
Has anyone gotten to 10 inscriptions yet? The plants should drop from other places too maybe magic garden . The random drop from greenhouse is annoying you don't usually get the plant that you need.

I managed to get my second one yesterday! I refuse to drop below my "fail safe" level of 75 in any of my stock, so it will take a long time. But plants do drop from the magic garden occasionally. I got a pitcher plant yesterday. I'm a little confused by all the fretting going on about this goal. This just gives you a direction to work in for all the glimmerbits and dark seeds that would pile up anyway. I think we've been so spoiled by all the weekly updates that we've forgotten how to do long term goals. Remember how long it took to get all the books to upgrade your wizard schools? Remember last summer when they're weren't any updates for months and months? TL can't be expected to put out exciting updates that move the story along every week. Sometimes it's good to take a breather.

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-17-14, 09:27 AM
I managed to get my second one yesterday! I refuse to drop below my "fail safe" level of 75 in any of my stock, so it will take a long time. But plants do drop from the magic garden occasionally. I got a pitcher plant yesterday. I'm a little confused by all the fretting going on about this goal. This just gives you a direction to work in for all the glimmerbits and dark seeds that would pile up anyway. I think we've been so spoiled by all the weekly updates that we've forgotten how to do long term goals. Remember how long it took to get all the books to upgrade your wizard schools? Remember last summer when they're weren't any updates for months and months? TL can't be expected to put out exciting updates that move the story along every week. Sometimes it's good to take a breather.

TOTALLY agree, Binky!!
Some of you guys are freaking out over absolutely nothing...this quest is not meant to be completed in a few days or a week or a couple of weeks or even a MONTH...it is a LONG. TERM. GOAL.
Why not spend this time just concentrating on building up your stockpiles for the mega epic pyre caverns event next week and chill out about these dang plants lol

55lee55
05-17-14, 12:11 PM

Just because you personally don't like this quest doesn't necessarily mean that TL is losing money with this game. Sorry, but it may just be that there are more of us spending money on gems because we like to play it the way it is, than the money that might be lost if people like you who dislike playing the game don't spend their gems on it. I imagine I can safely state that the majority of players love this game, and there are very few who try to hold TL hostage with the "If you don't do what I want with your game you are going to go broke if I quit if you don't", posts. If the two or three possibly disgruntled players left, it wouldn't cause TL to go broke.

TOTALLY agree, Binky!!
Some of you guys are freaking out over absolutely nothing...this quest is not meant to be completed in a few days or a week or a couple of weeks or even a MONTH...it is a LONG. TERM. GOAL.
Why not spend this time just concentrating on building up your stockpiles for the mega epic pyre caverns event next week and chill out about these dang plants lol

Yes! Love your and Binky's posts! They nearly always add an element of reality and wisdom to these threads. The rest are mostly wet your skivvies funny! Thanks!

CottageRose
05-17-14, 02:25 PM
I guess I have been lucky(?) without knowing it... sorta. I have 14 of the rafflesia, and a good number of pitcher plants from using up excess supplies before this started. The trap plants, however, may be my bane. I have only completed two plant gift baskets to Belladonna due to not having enough trap plants. Hopefully the Dark Plants RNG will even out over time.

I will just keep working at this one in the background, while focusing on the newly discovered pyre dragons. :)

Wollstonecraft
05-17-14, 05:59 PM
So how many Belladonna's Inscription did you send so far? 2 , 5 , 10 ?!

Exactly 1.😂. This is going to take me a while. 😊

ConnectFire611
05-17-14, 09:28 PM
I have 4 Inscriptions; then I have 7 Trap(for the most common considering it's demand for trade I have trouble with), 9 Pitcher and 15 Rafflesia plants. Though the thing I have the most trouble with is the fertilizers as I collect from 2 white cows and 1 Conservatory but it's like the drop rate is only 20% with me, so I would like a more reliable resource please.

shambalaya
05-17-14, 10:12 PM
I have 4 Inscriptions; then I have 7 Trap(for the most common considering it's demand for trade I have trouble with), 9 Pitcher and 15 Rafflesia plants. Though the thing I have the most trouble with is the fertilizers as I collect from 2 white cows and 1 Conservatory but it's like the drop rate is only 20% with me, so I would like a more reliable resource please.

Get some regular cows out and do the eggs and dairy exchange to offload excess milk, you'll be maxed on fertilizer in no time :-)

0neSilver
05-17-14, 11:01 PM
Am up to this but the trade is blocked as the goal is not reached...... What is the goal that I need to achieve?

dragoniakingdom
05-18-14, 01:44 AM
Am up to this but the trade is blocked as the goal is not reached...... What is the goal that I need to achieve?

Do you have Greselda's Garden upgraded,as this is required to start the quest line.

Petasos
05-18-14, 11:26 AM
I used to think fertilizer was the problem but I was wrong. Glimmer parts are the issue, at this rate I will only be able to craft one plant every other day. This will take a lot longer than 3 months. Not that I have anything better to do. I get about twice as many glimmer pickles as I do the dust. I wish they would adjust the drop rate of Glimmer parts or reduce the refresh timer on Griselda's castle.

I doubt either will happen so I will finish when I finish...

55lee55
05-18-14, 12:27 PM
I used to think fertilizer was the problem but I was wrong. Glimmer parts are the issue...glimmer pickles...

Glimmer pickles, lol! I will never be able to call them anything else now!

I too thought that the bottleneck was fertilizer, and it might be as far as common drops go, but the glimmer dust and yes the glimmer pickles (still laughing) are hard to find in the quantities needed, and then when I figure in the chance that I will likely craft more of one type of plant (for me the glimmer traps) and less of the more rare plants, even when I finish crafting the correct number of plants needed for a trade, there is very little chance that I will always craft the correct configuration every time.

I did 5 trades right away, and then there was nearly a week until I sent out #6 last night. I have one more Rafflesia, then I am projecting that for me this will be a very long term quest, and I am unlikely to do more than one exchange a week now that the hubbub over getting this quest is wearing off for me.

I am fine with doing this as a long term quest, and I don't have an issue with only doing one plant trade every week or two. I am glad to see we will be getting a new direction with the dragons, and this is a fine thing to do when other goals are done. So glad that this is no longer page one news and we can really get a handle on what we are dealing with on this one.

I admit that "glimmer pickles" adds a whole new level of humor in the way I will see this quest from now on. For some reason no doubt hidden in repressed childhood memories, I find the word "pickles" to be even more amusing than the word "pants". ;)

my607
05-19-14, 04:25 AM
I just got some fragments from dark garden. Hopefully next time it will be more than one and maybe some shards added to it.

judyvines
05-19-14, 04:33 PM
I have stopped crafting seeds for the time being. I want to stockpile some glimmer fragments and glimmer pickles in case we need them for next weeks new adventure to the Pyre Caverns.

my607
05-19-14, 07:33 PM
TL can we have a hint or two as what we need? That would be greatly appreciated.

Rockylandia
05-19-14, 07:42 PM
I have stopped crafting seeds for the time being. I want to stockpile some glimmer fragments and glimmer pickles in case we need them for next weeks new adventure to the Pyre Caverns.

I've been doing the same thing!

suziizme
05-19-14, 08:44 PM
Does Belladonna have to be complete to start the Pyre quest?

maguar
05-20-14, 02:24 AM
Does Belladonna have to be complete to start the Pyre quest?

The belladonna quest is a long term one so we won't need to finish it before the pyre

DrP4ever
05-20-14, 02:52 AM
I need glimmer traps, seriously, this is going to be a 3 year quest, along with expanding my kingdom. :(

carleeclub
05-20-14, 08:17 AM
Does anyone know a trick to obtain the Glimmer Rafflesia??? I cant craft any! Ive have a HUGE amount of the other two plants needed.

Queenzod
05-20-14, 09:03 AM
Does anyone know a trick to obtain the Glimmer Rafflesia??? I cant craft any! Ive have a HUGE amount of the other two plants needed.

The trick is to keep trying and don't give up. :)

55lee55
05-20-14, 01:31 PM
The trick is to keep trying and don't give up. :)

Queenzod has the right of it. I think it may be unusual to have the exact right combination of Dark Plants without having excesses of one or two plant types. I was short of the Rafflesia plants, then I got two in one day! Now I am short of pitcher plants. I expect to be sitting a long time waiting for whichever plant I need to send out this exchange. I think I have a head start with 6 completed exchanges so far. I plan to keep up with making plants when I get the materials, but now I am collecting stuff for next week's update.

Just plod on with this long term quest. Good luck!

meme1098
05-20-14, 02:10 PM

And I'm always short of the glimmer trap plants since it requires 10 of those. The glimmer shards are hard to come by for me too. I have boo koo fragments but the shards seem to be a rare drop for me. So I probably get to do the trade once every 2 weeks. I have sent only 4 inscriptions so far and one was just a few days ago so have awhile before I'll send another. I just keep trucking along collecting & doing what I can, when I can.

my607
05-20-14, 09:17 PM
There's no trick for that it's a random plant. You get whatever plant they give you . That's why it's a long term goal. When it's time to finish the goal then it's time. This goal reminds me of finding the ten badges. That goal took forever.

55lee55
05-21-14, 10:35 AM
There's no trick for that it's a random plant. You get whatever plant they give you . That's why it's a long term goal. When it's time to finish the goal then it's time. This goal reminds me of finding the ten badges. That goal took forever.

It is like the badges! Thanks for the appropriate comparison :D

My Dark Garden dropped a Glimmer Rafflesia this morning! That must be a very rare drop. I don't remember ever finding one there before, although I get the occasional pitcher or trap plants. Must be my lucky day!

brandonu
05-21-14, 11:56 AM
I keep getting Glimmer Rafflesia. Before this questline I think I had 2. Now I have 9 and I have completed 6/20 inscriptions.

It's all so random. Just keeping growing...

jaybay1147
05-21-14, 12:54 PM
I'm not here yet. :C Two more trades with Belladona, than I get the garden. :3

Queenzod
05-22-14, 11:34 AM
Dare I suggest that they changed the drop rates for glimmerbits? I seem to be receiving MORE parts at the gate over the last few days. Once I even got three glimmer fragments! I wonder if it's been tweaked in our favor? :)

mcgoohoo
05-22-14, 03:15 PM
i like that its going to take a while, and that it is multi-stepped (both WONDERFUL features), but i wish that every single part wasnt contingent on quite so random a drop. i started with many pitcher and rafesias in stock, but few glimmer traps... so i enjoy the growin process, but even tho i had max blue and red things to start, i barely get enough red shards per day to make one batch of seeds, and i have NEVER made more than 2 seeds per shot. so once every two days i get a random plant, lets say 75% trap (if im being VERY generous), so i will have about a year befor i can get the remaining inscriptions. i wonder if i'll even still care by then.
maybe another less "random" way to make seeds?

mcgoohoo
05-22-14, 03:17 PM
and ps, from my glimmergate, i most frequently get ZERO blue or red thingys.

mcgoohoo
05-22-14, 03:17 PM
i guess its uneven, tho, bc i just got my sixth dragon egg.

mcgoohoo
05-22-14, 03:19 PM
i know! can we gift each other seeds?

outhouse01
05-23-14, 06:27 PM
Bump up.

I think it is quite funny that people have winged about this one, knowing it is long term, however, now that the new timed quests are out, it is all forgotten about. Chill out all, whether it is in this quest or the other, things will come in time - unless you don't have a dragon.

This thread 30 pages after a week. The new quest 60 pages after one day. Cheers

rar745
05-25-14, 12:14 PM
I absolutely agree. These quests are part of the main story, but relative to the new timed quests, nobody cares.

It must be that the Timed nature gets people frantic, while with this Belladonna update, it can wait. It isn't going anywhere. Indeed, it affects far fewer players: those near the end of the current story. Naturally, the new timed quests were advertised to all players at-or-beyond Level 28, whether they had a dragon (needed for those quests) or not. And let's not ignore the cloying allure of receiving cutesy-wootsy wittle dwagons. And from the Belladonna update? A new trade and a new Gem-only plant. How dull in comparison.

Clearly, distractions are much more exciting than actual progress. That's why sports and movies/tv are so popular, while science and politics/news are less so.

"Bump up"? Is that an Aussie term for "Cheer up"? Cool. I also have to remember that "winged" is really "whinged", which a UK Commonwealth term for "whine". Perhaps I should just bump up and stop whinging about it like a womble.

If the CS developers need to release updates that are irrelevant to the main story in order to inspire paid support for their eventual completion of the main story, so be it. I suppose as long as players continue to like ANY aspect of CS, CS will continue to be updated, and future bugs will continue to be squashed. The "continuing" part is what's most important. I guess the ends justify the means.

outhouse01
05-25-14, 04:03 PM
I absolutely agree. These quests are part of the main story, but relative to the new timed quests, nobody cares.

It must be that the Timed nature gets people frantic, while with this Belladonna update, it can wait. It isn't going anywhere. Indeed, it affects far fewer players: those near the end of the current story. Naturally, the new timed quests were advertised to all players at-or-beyond Level 28, whether they had a dragon (needed for those quests) or not. And let's not ignore the cloying allure of receiving cutesy-wootsy wittle dwagons. And from the Belladonna update? A new trade and a new Gem-only plant. How dull in comparison.

Clearly, distractions are much more exciting than actual progress. That's why sports and movies/tv are so popular, while science and politics/news are less so.

"Bump up"? Is that an Aussie term for "Cheer up"? Cool. I also have to remember that "winged" is really "whinged", which a UK Commonwealth term for "whine". Perhaps I should just bump up and stop whinging about it like a womble.

If the CS developers need to release updates that are irrelevant to the main story in order to inspire paid support for their eventual completion of the main story, so be it. I suppose as long as players continue to like ANY aspect of CS, CS will continue to be updated, and future bugs will continue to be squashed. The "continuing" part is what's most important. I guess the ends justify the means.

Hi rar, no I don't believe bump up is an Aussie term. What I meant was move the thread up, it was getting lost down the bottom with everyone commenting on the timed event. But you never know. I can say outhouse is an Aussie term. It actually means toilet or loo. I think you call them lartrines. Well that's what they called them on Mash anyway.

Sorry, off topic. Basically I am still working on this one at the same time as the timed event. I was wondering how everybody else was going with it. Cheers

jessicattt
05-26-14, 09:05 AM
Hi rar, no I don't believe bump up is an Aussie term. What I meant was move the thread up, it was getting lost down the bottom with everyone commenting on the timed event. But you never know. I can say outhouse is an Aussie term. It actually means toilet or loo. I think you call them lartrines. Well that's what they called them on Mash anyway.

Sorry, off topic. Basically I am still working on this one at the same time as the timed event. I was wondering how everybody else was going with it. Cheers

I'm also working on both! Progress is slow though, as it's taking me a while to collect enough of each plant to start the exchange.

crystalrayn3
05-26-14, 09:33 AM
I've completed the new Pyre Cave Dragon Eggs Quest so it's back to focusing on this story line. It's going to be awhile till I complete it since I blew all my seeds to make Vital Extracts. I'm not concerned though, it gives me something to work towards. I hate having nothing to do but stock pile items.

doobievilla
05-26-14, 12:49 PM
I'm also working on both! Progress is slow though, as it's taking me a while to collect enough of each plant to start the exchange.

When the devs say this is a long range goal.. you can multiply what you think is or should be a long range goal by 100.. was never meant to be gemmed.. it is very much long Range. in fact i think this goal lines is one of the most integral line in CS.. it leads to something Magical and Heroic.. just a guess

outhouse01
05-26-14, 03:30 PM
When the devs say this is a long range goal.. you can multiply what you think is or should be a long range goal by 100.. was never meant to be gemmed.. it is very much long Range. in fact i think this goal lines is one of the most integral line in CS.. it leads to something Magical and Heroic.. just a guess

I agree. I am enjoying both, the reward at the end of this one is the exciting part as we really don't know. Happy to plug along and see what eventuates. If it takes 3 months, well then, It takes 3 months. If it takes 4 months ...... You get the picture. I'm up to 8 inscriptions at the moment. A long way to go. Have fun. Cheers

Chaotarch
05-28-14, 12:20 AM
If you finish the goal ( sometimes ), the trade will be moved? :rolleyes:
Or its a new permanent-trade?
Some1 knows?:confused:

claupu
05-28-14, 12:35 AM
Sorry, Chaotarch, I don't know the answer to your question.

I came to this thread just to state that - despite all the madness of the dragon quests - I was able to get my second inscription (yay!). I only needed two more Trap Plants and with the last fortune from the tent and my Dark Garden I could get some Dark Seeds without creating them. I'm really glad when we hit 06/02 and all the crazyness will be past us.

Chaotarch
05-28-14, 12:47 AM
I came to this thread just to state that - despite all the madness of the dragon quests - I was able to get my second inscription (yay!). I only needed two more Trap Plants and with the last fortune from the tent and my Dark Garden I could get some Dark Seeds without creating them. I'm really glad when we hit 06/02 and all the crazyness will be past us.

yh lol, there is something wrong with this insane dragonhype :mad:
But i have done and go back to business - so crafting plants for the belladonna :)

Rockylandia
05-28-14, 09:53 AM
This week the Dark Garden has given me 4 pitcher plants! Something I've been unable to grow as my greenhouses churn out dozens of trap plants. It's ironic that, now I'm devoting all my seeds to vital elixir, the game has started handing me the plants I need! But happy to be making progress on this goal finally!

Aggwynn
05-29-14, 10:04 AM
It's going to be a month since this release. We hope you're close to done ;)!

doobievilla
05-29-14, 10:07 AM

A month..???? Close to Done??? Your sense of time is a bit off.. need to replace your batteries

Queenzod
05-29-14, 10:07 AM

I hope you're joking! Unless that's a teaser for next week? I think most peeps are lacking in seeds. 'Cos of a little update recently that required peeps to use up every single item in inventory! Lol!

kooky panda
05-29-14, 10:12 AM
Ha! Nope I only have 3 of the 20 inscriptions on the sister sister goal.
Got behind because I needed my greenhouses to make vital extracts for my dragon goals.

esmerelda35
05-29-14, 10:40 AM
Got behind because I needed my greenhouses to make vital extracts for my dragon goals.

I am with you 100%.

zoo123g
05-29-14, 10:53 AM
i have only three of the inscriptions

GC5410
05-29-14, 11:16 AM
I only have 3 inscriptions - I'm alright for seeds, but need more glimmer parts (maybe TL could bring back the glimmer golems who dropped glimmer parts?).

tudou1
05-29-14, 11:19 AM

Please give us more resource for dark seeds or dark plants! I will buy it even by gems

pixieblob
05-29-14, 11:42 AM
If 1/20 is close to done then yep I almost am :D

my607
05-29-14, 12:07 PM
I'm not even done with the third inscription. I'm missing one pitcher plant. I did get pitcher plant from treasure trove two of them. I be done next year coz these random plant drops are insane.

meme1098
05-29-14, 12:19 PM
I can't seem to get the first one - the glimmer trap plant. And it used to be the most prevalent for me before this.
BTW...I have just 4 inscriptions so, yeah, almost done too. Haha :D

This is a 3-6 month goal for me since I also have a hard time getting shards. Maybe even longer who knows.

Seranda
05-30-14, 12:21 AM
I'm 1/20 too. Glad I'm not the only one. These darn plants are such a pain. Glad this quest won't expire.

Chaotarch
05-30-14, 01:17 AM

mmh...i have 8, but than the dragons came...:rolleyes:
the only thing i am close to, is rafflesia with 10, but rest takes still a while

belbar22
05-30-14, 06:00 AM

Me too. Progress is frustratingly slow. My dark seeds only ever seem to give me glimmer trap plants and nothing else and have been using all my seeds for vital extract. This is going to take a looooooong time!!!

outhouse01
06-01-14, 03:44 AM
Times up peeps. Let's get back to this one. Now to find seeds AGAIN. Cheers

JayUK69
06-01-14, 03:54 AM
Only have 4 inscriptions so far and seeds are really low after the dragon quests. I was maxed out before this quest and constantly getting the message that I can't hold any more seeds. Now we need them, I'm lucky to get 1 seed from 4 conservatories.

belbar22
06-02-14, 08:02 AM
I struggle to get fragments and shards as they don't even always fall from my glimmer gate. It would be great (hint hint) if we could have a few extra sources of fragments and shards as otherwise this goal will take way longer than 6 months. I still only have 3 inscriptions although will craft a 4th tonight.

kooky panda
06-02-14, 10:10 AM
I struggle to get fragments and shards as they don't even always fall from my glimmer gate. It would be great (hint hint) if we could have a few extra sources of fragments and shards as otherwise this goal will take way longer than 6 months. I still only have 3 inscriptions although will craft a 4th tonight.
This is the problem I am having. Only a couple of resources for these items and even those do not drop them everytime.
I am a couple of plants short of being able to craft my 4th inscription. :(

DrP4ever
06-02-14, 11:01 AM
If you could actually get the resources each time you collect then this goal might be fun but again it is all random. Collect from specified resources, only coins fall. Wait 22 hours, again nothing. Finally get the resources, wrong type of plants grow. Or better yet, you get one seed bulb and you need 3. Think this quest is a bust too. :(

brandonu
06-02-14, 11:12 AM
I think Greselda's Castle should drop plants. She has a garden, are you telling me she doesn't have a couple of centerpieces inside?

dragon2046
06-02-14, 11:39 AM
Maybe with the dragon quest mess they can let the dragons drop the shards and fragments. That would be helpful. And I agree her castle could also drop plants. I have 7 scripts right now and I play a lot so definitely a long time of doing the same thing over and over and over. But hey the quest book looks nice in the corner of our screens. Happy plant and shard hunting to all. :)

brandonu
06-02-14, 12:14 PM
I am also at 7 scripts. Trying to rebuild my seed inventory at the moment, but glimmer fragments will be gone soon too.

Current inventory
Glimmer Trap Plant: 7
Glimmer Pitcher Plant: 4
Glimmer Rafflesia: 9

If I keeping getting Glimmer Rafflesia an option to trade it for plants/seeds/fragments would be great.

DrP4ever
06-02-14, 05:37 PM
Maybe with the dragon quest mess they can let the dragons drop the shards and fragments. That would be helpful. And I agree her castle could also drop plants. I have 7 scripts right now and I play a lot so definitely a long time of doing the same thing over and over and over. But hey the quest book looks nice in the corner of our screens. Happy plant and shard hunting to all. :)

Well after 50 plus attempts I only got one dragon so that doesn't help either. I collect all the time and get no shards or fragments. No fun at all.

DrP4ever
06-02-14, 05:40 PM
Another collection and not even one fragment. So dislike this!

gdmcrjunkie
06-02-14, 06:12 PM
Inscriptions: 5

Trap plant: 4
Pitcher plant: 13
Rafflesia: 4

I'm having trouble getting enough glimmer shards&fragments. If only there were faster ways of getting them...

BriarAvenue
06-02-14, 11:24 PM
Did anyone get tomato dropped from greenhouse by growing faerie bulb seed pls?
Not funny at all, TL, for the resources that were put into it.

farmgirl8888
06-03-14, 09:37 AM
How many conservatories can you have? I have 7 now and an 8th is showing as still possible, just have to store another building to make room.

DrP4ever
06-03-14, 01:12 PM
Another collection of all possible places towards completing this. Received one seed and one fragment. I will never finish at this rate. This quest is ridiculous. Not enough resources are dropped, requires way too many plants to complete which are dropped randomly so you may not even get the plant you need. It takes days of frequent play to obtain one stinking plant. No way is this achievable in a few months, perhaps a few years!

marrrina
06-03-14, 02:32 PM
After all the fiasco with the 3 Limited Time dragons, I finally got to send some plants. Silly me to think I'd get more than 1 Inscription per trade. It takes much too long to get the pitcher plants.

kooky panda
06-03-14, 02:58 PM
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/844aa445-8484-416b-ae8f-703a18d3e499_zpsc8a76b0e.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/844aa445-8484-416b-ae8f-703a18d3e499_zpsc8a76b0e.jpg.html)

Maybe I will have all of mine one day!!

dragon2046
06-03-14, 03:02 PM
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/844aa445-8484-416b-ae8f-703a18d3e499_zpsc8a76b0e.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/844aa445-8484-416b-ae8f-703a18d3e499_zpsc8a76b0e.jpg.html)

Maybe I will have all of mine one day!!

That is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh ! :)

zoeee87
06-03-14, 06:38 PM
I am really struggling with glimmer fragments.. It's tough out there in the kindom. I have 4 inscriptions. 16 to go... Lol

I literally play constantly.. It's a problem.. My husband thinks I'm completely nuts.. Lol

DrP4ever
06-03-14, 07:54 PM
You can collect from the castle every 22 hours, it gives one fragment if I'm lucky. Can collect from the Glimmergate thing every 2 hours, again lucky if you get one, seriously need other resources. This is a ridiculous quest.

doobievilla
06-03-14, 10:09 PM
You can collect from the castle every 22 hours, it gives one fragment if I'm lucky. Can collect from the Glimmergate thing every 2 hours, again lucky if you get one, seriously need other resources. This is a ridiculous quest.

it was meant to be long term.. just plug along. do not gem.. it means lots later on.. just hang in there .. build plants when you can.. hold onto them.. no real need to run the Exchange.. just build plants when you can .. its cool. I only have the one to start the quest.. none since..so just patience.. forget what Aggwyn said.. aboout people being done.. wipe it

parlski
06-04-14, 03:21 AM

I had over 260 dark seeds to start, and I still only have three or four inscriptions. will this quest expire at the three month point?

BiggerBubbles
06-04-14, 05:09 AM
I had over 250 seeds plus a few plants when sister, sister started. I had been making seeds, but not plants as I thought we might have to do something else with the dark seeds. I'm now up to 6 inscriptions, but have stopped for now. With 6 conservatories, I have not had a problem with seeds, fortunately, but worried that this weeks goal of Ivy working with Greselda may need shards & fragments, so have stopped growing plants at present. And you're all right, the plant ratios aren't right, should be more glimmer traps.

meme1098
06-04-14, 06:40 AM
That's exactly what's always holding me up.....glimmer trap plants. 10 is way too many compared to the other 2 even if it is supposed to drop more frequently. BTW...mine don't.
So maybe 5 glimmer trap, 3 pitcher, & 1 rafflesia. That seems a better amount all the way around.

jptheripper
06-04-14, 07:34 AM
Is anything being considered to increase the availability of glimmer pieces? Collecting from the gate (which often drops nothing) and the castle once a day, and the garden twice a day just doesn't provide enough.

Just curious is glimmer bulbs having glimmer part drops, glimmer golems coming back, etc or a new glimmer trove , anything, is being considered

Thanks

blontj3
06-04-14, 07:38 AM
Do you mean drops of glimmer dust? I got them very often actually. From the "Feed the Baron!" thing in the Kitchen.. But the mushroom patches give me lots of glimmer dust.. Sometimes I also get it from my neighbours, adventures, Sir Pigglesworth and Ivy's treehouse. Do you have a shortage of glimmer dust?

Ooooh I see you mean something different. I'm sorry. I'm not that far yet.

Queenzod
06-04-14, 07:42 AM
Sometimes the garden drops glimmer fragments. I'm trying not to worry about it. When I get enough to craft some dark seeds, I go ahead. But then again, I'm not really working on the Sister, sister goal very hard. I agree the drop rates are pathetically low.

KadeeDid
06-04-14, 07:43 AM
I have the same issue. I get more pitcher and rafflesia and sit at 2 pitcher plants waiting for more.

That's exactly what's always holding me up.....glimmer trap plants. 10 is way too many compared to the other 2 even if it is supposed to drop more frequently. BTW...mine don't.
So maybe 5 glimmer trap, 3 pitcher, & 1 rafflesia. That seems a better amount all the way around.

jptheripper
06-04-14, 07:44 AM
Sorry, I meant glimmer fragments and shards,

Sister sister is my only goal. Calculating the rates, it's like 5-6 months of constant tending. Seems a bit excessive

brandonu
06-05-14, 06:14 AM
I got my 8th inscription this morning. I also got a plant drop from the Dark Garden, which is always nice. It was a Rafflesia, which is my 10th. I know I'll need 2 more for this quest, but remember when Rafflesia was hard to get?

zoo123g
06-05-14, 07:49 AM
this is taking agessssssss lol

hottrthanhott
06-05-14, 08:04 AM
I got my 8th inscription this morning. I also got a plant drop from the Dark Garden, which is always nice. It was a Rafflesia, which is my 10th. I know I'll need 2 more for this quest, but remember when Rafflesia was hard to get?

Rafflesia is STILL hard to get. I sent my first out and only got one inscription. Glad to know some get up to 8. There is hope for me yet. I read the message on top of goal saying to study for 3 months... That's when I knew I might get a couple of more grey hairs before I'm done with this goal...

I'm stuck with both glimmer fragments and shards. But mainly fragments.
Good luck all!

brandonu
06-05-14, 08:28 AM
To say that I had a lot of plants in my inventory before this quest started would be an understatement. Most of these inscriptions came from existing inventory. It's been a slow go since then.

belbar22
06-05-14, 09:04 AM
Rafflesia is STILL hard to get. I sent my first out and only got one inscription. Glad to know some get up to 8. There is hope for me yet. I read the message on top of goal saying to study for 3 months... That's when I knew I might get a couple of more grey hairs before I'm done with this goal...

I'm stuck with both glimmer fragments and shards. But mainly fragments.
Good luck all!

You only get 1 inscription per trade. I now have 5 but it is very slow going.

zoo123g
06-05-14, 09:47 AM
the sister sister update? has anyone finished it yet? i have only 4 of those ticket. gonna take a while.

dragon2046
06-05-14, 09:50 AM
the sister sister update? has anyone finished it yet? i have only 4 of those ticket. gonna take a while.
I just got 8. But very low on fragments and shards. Going to take a long long long time !

katbtodd
06-05-14, 09:56 AM
4 here too,,, and yes going to take along time.since it came to a stop.... While doing the dragon quest last week,,, just don't get enough seed drops

cakeandpie
06-05-14, 10:09 AM
I only have one. I cannot get glimmer pitcher plants for anything. I have plenty of trap plants and rafflesia. It will take me about 2 years at this rate.

Castloninian
06-05-14, 10:14 AM
I have 9 at the moment, but had quite a lot of plants ready to trade. Seeds are ok now I have 5 conservatories, but the shards and fragments are a nightmare. I don't mind though, just keep going slowly but surely.

dragoniakingdom
06-05-14, 10:16 AM
Only 1 here. Cannot get a rafflesia at all (have plenty of the others).

Race you Cakeandpie .:p

zoeee87
06-05-14, 11:06 AM
4 here too! Very slow going for sure! Oh well.. Gives me something to do for the next 3-4 months..lol :)

HarleyQuinn28
06-05-14, 11:13 AM
So the rafflesia come from growing dark seeds right? Where it grows a random dark plant? I've gotten a ton of the others but can't seem to get one of the rafflesia.

brandonu
06-05-14, 11:18 AM
So the rafflesia come from growing dark seeds right? Where it grows a random dark plant? I've gotten a ton of the others but can't seem to get one of the rafflesia.
Yes, it can also be a drop from the Dark Garden.

CottageRose
06-05-14, 11:19 AM
Yes, grow dark seeds, and hope for the best. The results are random dark plants. The Rafflesia is more rare for many people.

I have also received them as rare drops from the L2 Dark Garden, and maybe from Greselda's castle. For a limited time, I also got a few dark plants from the dragon treasure troves.

pixieblob
06-05-14, 11:44 AM
I've got 3 now. I've managed to get 2 in the last week but i've now run out of glimmer pieces so progress will be slower

HarleyQuinn28
06-05-14, 01:13 PM
Thanks guys :) I wanted to make sure I was doing it right since I haven't gotten one yet and have been trying for awhile.

DrP4ever
06-05-14, 06:15 PM
You're doing it right but at this rate we will all die of boredom before we get the needed inscriptions!

doobievilla
06-05-14, 06:20 PM
You're doing it right but at this rate we will all die of boredom before we get the needed inscriptions!
was always stated as a long term goal..

DrP4ever
06-06-14, 06:13 PM
True, but long term and months and months are not the same. At least make it interesting!

doobievilla
06-06-14, 06:29 PM

According to this Dev we should ahve already been done with Sister Sister

Post 311 On Update Belladonna

DrP4ever
06-06-14, 10:17 PM
Haha, that's hilarious! Not even close!

jodi0122
06-06-14, 10:39 PM
According to this Dev we should ahve already been done with Sister Sister

Post 311 On Update Belladonna

Are they serious?

doobievilla
06-07-14, 07:27 AM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?68458-Castle-Story-05-08-2014-Update-Belladonna&p=909587&viewfull=1#post909587

Yeah afraid so.

EBJW
06-07-14, 07:50 AM

Really, I don't know if I should cry out loud or laugh out loud, or just be very silent......

I managed to collect 4 inscriptions so far.

The random rate is....still..... Well, if I could place a bet I would put in all my money, cause ever since the beginning I hardly receive pitcher plants. Really, every time I do get one I cheer out loud: finally!!
And now the rate shards and fragments is making it even harder:

glimmer trap plant: 19
glimmer pitcher plant: 1
glimmer rafflesia plant: 11

piles of seed: 61
glimmer shard: 1
glimmer fragments: 11

I was so looking forward to the new Ivy-quest: yes, something to take my mind of those dreadful dark plants!!
My mouth fell wide open when I read about the new quest, yesterday evening, coming home after a nice few days off: boing!!! No, no, no, no, not more dark plants... And starting over with these inscriptions....

Almost done? Yeah, in my dreams.....

kolakid
06-07-14, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by glimmergate
This is a long term goal, so take your time, folks

that is stated on first page

and in Goal Sister/Sister ..Gresalda says it will take 3 months

so how come we should be done after nearly a month
Is TL gonna give us all freebie plants etc.
cos havent got enough material to even craft one !!! 1 rassiea/4 traps/1pitcher...?

FlowerBurst
06-07-14, 10:51 AM
I have only been able to make 5 inscriptions since the start of this goal. Right now I am at a standstill because I do not have the resources to make more dark seeds. It has been a couple days now since I have collected even one glimmer fragment! I cannot imagine anyone being close to finishing at this point in time (unless gems are used) Without an increase in drops, three months is a stretch! I have no problem waiting for this--just disappointed that I cannot participate in the new goal because I had already submitted my inscriptions. :(

minndom
06-07-14, 10:56 AM
Looks like glimmer shards and fragments are the restricting resources for me to craft the dark seeds. What are the sources for you? I luckily had given only one set on Sister, sister.

kolakid
06-07-14, 11:02 AM

aw normally so nice to us

Why this now!!!

kolakid
06-07-14, 11:07 AM

BUT ON FIRST SIDE OF THIS THREAD:

Originally Posted by glimmergate
This is a long term goal, so take your time, folks

and in Sister/sister 3 months!?!

AM REALLY CONFUSED!!!

newzealander
06-07-14, 01:35 PM

I'm assuming, Aggwynn, that this was said with tongue very firmly in cheek???? ​That was a joke, right????

butterfly_25
06-07-14, 01:53 PM
^^ I think 3 months is just the dialogue for the story, not the actual time we have to do this quest.

I finally got my first inscription since the sister, sister goal started. It took me forever to get 6 pitcher plants

DrP4ever
06-08-14, 02:46 PM
Another day and not even one plant closer. :(

yogoda
06-16-14, 08:32 PM
All of us have forgotten that completing the goal for the dark garden of Greselda was a very difficult task. But we enjoyed it. The end was satisfying. What we accomplished is something special to our kingdoms. But this special item has not remain so special now. It used to drop glimmer plants, rafflesia, pitcher and trap plants during the period of the goal. No more. In the last two months, I have collected a pitcher plant only once. The garden usually drops very ordinary items, such as coins, glimmer dust, mushroom, etc. It is very rare to get dark seeds. Drops of glimmer parts do happen, but the rates are lower than that of the glimmer gate. If a precious item like the dark garden does not drop glimmer plants, then what the garden is expected to yield, I am not able to understand. A request to TL - please give importance to the dark garden, it is special and should drop glimmer plants. Let it be rare, but let it be at least. Thanks.

doobievilla
06-16-14, 08:47 PM
I got Dark Seeds and a Plant today in same click. so its random.

clk48706
06-18-14, 08:50 AM
Has anyone else totally lost interest in the Sister/Sister and A Little Persuasion Quest lines?
I think I am just going to ignore them all together!!! It takes way too long to gather the items needed just to do one exchange and I am always low on one of the items needed just to grow the dark plants. Right now I am maxed on seeds but extremely low on fertilizer.
The drop rate to get the fertilizer is awful and the goal last week only made matters worse!!!

I don't know folks. This used to be my favorite game to the point I was purchasing gems to hurry along but now I have just about lost interest.

esmerelda35
06-18-14, 09:35 AM
Has anyone else totally lost interest in the Sister/Sister and A Little Persuasion Quest lines?
I think I am just going to ignore them all together!!! It takes way too long to gather the items needed just to do one exchange and I am always low on one of the items needed just to grow the dark plants. Right now I am maxed on seeds but extremely low on fertilizer.
The drop rate to get the fertilizer is awful and the goal last week only made matters worse!!!

I don't know folks. This used to be my favorite game to the point I was purchasing gems to hurry along but now I have just about lost interest.

Seeds and fertilizer are easy to max out on, if one makes the conscious decision to crowd the kingdom with conservatories and animals. I am always close to maxed on both. And with the odd seed drop from the garden, fairie respite and other spots, there's other chances for seeds. If someone chooses not to have extra conservatories, or lots of cows/sheep which drop fertilizer, then that's a choice, but at least the option is there.
Shards & Fragments, on the other hand, I find are brutal, because there's such limited options, and no ability to increase the options unless gems are used. The only places to get them are the glimmergate and Griselda's castle and the garden, the latter two which have a long "recharge" time. And on top of that, they are not a guaranteed drop from any of those three places!!!
So, yes, I agree, I am not anticipating compelting these goals any time soon (or even in the near future). I just slowly plug away as I get enough shards/fragments to make a seed, adn then another seed, adn then have enough seeds to grow a plant (which of course will be one I don't need). So long-term it is.

clk48706
06-21-14, 07:59 AM
Seeds and fertilizer are easy to max out on, if one makes the conscious decision to crowd the kingdom with conservatories and animals. I am always close to maxed on both. And with the odd seed drop from the garden, fairie respite and other spots, there's other chances for seeds. If someone chooses not to have extra conservatories, or lots of cows/sheep which drop fertilizer, then that's a choice, but at least the option is there.
Shards & Fragments, on the other hand, I find are brutal, because there's such limited options, and no ability to increase the options unless gems are used. The only places to get them are the glimmergate and Griselda's castle and the garden, the latter two which have a long "recharge" time. And on top of that, they are not a guaranteed drop from any of those three places!!!
So, yes, I agree, I am not anticipating compelting these goals any time soon (or even in the near future). I just slowly plug away as I get enough shards/fragments to make a seed, adn then another seed, adn then have enough seeds to grow a plant (which of course will be one I don't need). So long-term it is.

In response I do have lots of animals but the drop rate for fertilizer has decreased to 1 fertilizer for every 9 animals collected. Also I am only getting 1 fertilizer drop from the conservatory which, in my opinion is not worth the space in my kingdom.
The thing that really irks me is I won't be able to proceed with the quest line until I get enough for A Little Persuasion.
3 recent goals calling for fertilizer! Talk about a set up!
Just totally frustrated which majorly decreases the enjoyment factor of the game!

zoeee87
06-28-14, 02:26 PM
I have my moments with this quest.. I like it but it's pretty frustrating too.. I have 12 inscriptions done. 8 more to go.. Maybe another month-ish..

hottrthanhott
07-02-14, 09:29 PM
Ok, Let me get this straight... I gotta gather all these glimmer shards, fragments, seeds, fertilizers, to make countless plants for this quest to end... And then what? What's the point to these 20 inscriptions besides 10 Gems? I'm assuming we will need these inscriptions in the future for another quests since the max is 99. But the most current goal only needs 5. So what is this headache for?
Anyone?

Queenzod
07-02-14, 10:33 PM
Ok, Let me get this straight... I gotta gather all these glimmer shards, fragments, seeds, fertilizers, to make countless plants for this quest to end... And then what? What's the point to these 20 inscriptions besides 10 Gems? I'm assuming we will need these inscriptions in the future for another quests since the max is 99. But the most current goal only needs 5. So what is this headache for?
Anyone?

We quest...because it's *there*. Like Mt. Everest. Or the cure for cancer. For the betterment of humankind!

Or:
Dude, the process is the goal. Chill, man, and enjoy. Groove on the texture of doing.

Or:
Because it's a rule! We must accomplish all rules! Strictly! Adhere and conform!

Or:
Mom! I'm sooooo bored! Don't you have anything I can dooooo? :::loooong sigh:::eye roll:::

Do any of those work for you? ;)

Castloninian
07-02-14, 10:45 PM
We quest...because it's *there*. Like Mt. Everest. Or the cure for cancer. For the betterment of humankind!

Or:
Dude, the process is the goal. Chill, man, and enjoy. Groove on the texture of doing.

Or:
Because it's a rule! We must accomplish all rules! Strictly! Adhere and conform!

Or:
Mom! I'm sooooo bored! Don't you have anything I can dooooo? :::loooong sigh:::eye roll:::

Have to admit I'm number 3. Stickler is my middle name.

kudukuda
07-02-14, 11:26 PM
For me it's 4. Im not really bored, actuallyoverworked, but this gets me out of the house work that never ends.

outhouse01
07-04-14, 01:01 AM

Or:

Or:

Or:

I'll go for number 2. Just like "dude, where's my car". Another carriage/chariot/wheels would not go astray. Also them aliens could bring something good.

Bugger number 1. Too much hard work in Everest. I'll need my grannies O2 bottle for that. But, cancer, yep, if my pee brain could fix that, then definately would.

I'm still going for the dude. I want my car/chariot/wheels.

Oh hum, I suspect, it will be like waiting for my knight to come and rescue me with the goodies.

Cheer

belbar22
07-04-14, 04:53 AM
There may be cause for celebration. I have just got enough plants for my 2nd inscription. That now makes 7 towards sister sister. Just about to pop the champagne......glass, anyone?

Chaotarch
07-04-14, 05:02 AM
There may be cause for celebration. I have just got enough plants for my 2nd inscription. That now makes 7 towards sister sister. Just about to pop the champagne......glass, anyone?

I take a glass, if its a good one..., because i have my second crafted today too:D ( but after done sister, sister :cool::rolleyes: )
Sure that you would drink with me?;)

Queenzod
07-04-14, 05:18 AM

How are you crafting anything other than trap plants!? Seriously, I have like 32 trap plants and 4 pitcher plants. I haven't made a pitcher plant in...well, it's been a DECADE, at least! When we started this goal, I was a fresh cheeked young maiden. Now I'm an old, wrinkled crone.

Seriously. Old Thomas mistook me for Agnes the other day, and she's at least 185.

Beleriand
07-04-14, 07:31 AM
How are you crafting anything other than trap plants!? Seriously, I have like 32 trap plants and 4 pitcher plants. I haven't made a trap plant in...well, it's been a DECADE, at least! When we started this goal, I was a fresh cheeked young maiden. Now I'm an old, wrinkled crone.

Seriously. Old Thomas mistook me for Agnes the other day, and she's at least 185.

Hahaha that's a good one....and sadly I can relate. Thanks for the chuckle it made my day.

belbar22
07-05-14, 08:12 AM
How are you crafting anything other than trap plants!? Seriously, I have like 32 trap plants and 4 pitcher plants. I haven't made a pitcher plant in...well, it's been a DECADE, at least! When we started this goal, I was a fresh cheeked young maiden. Now I'm an old, wrinkled crone.

Ha, don't be misled. I currently have 37 traps and only 1 pitcher as of today. I too have aged considerably since this quest began. I do believe it was meant to be a long term goal that would last a few months, but alas it is taking me years. I am wondering if I will be able to complete this quest before I am too old and frail to switch on my phone.

meme1098
07-05-14, 01:58 PM
I would gladly trade some pitcher plants for traps since the traps are pretty much nonexistent for me. Every time I craft a dark plant, I get either a pitcher plant or a rafflesia. 14 pitcher, 10 rafflesia and stuck on 6 trap plants for several weeks. So irritating. :(

AVAL0NIAN
07-06-14, 04:29 AM
Hitting the 20 inscription goal is going to be such a relief. The dark plants really do come in a haphazard fashion. I have 73 traps, 25 pitcher & 7 rafflesia. I'm keeping them for the exchange in case a quest requires it. Also keeping 5 inscriptions in the inventory. I've already given 7 inscriptions. Trying to aim for a completion by end of month. Being a bit cautious but TL has pulled off one too many surprises. Good luck to all.

tanbi1
07-07-14, 05:06 AM
I'm still only at 11 inscriptions.

DrP4ever
07-09-14, 02:53 AM
Please oh please can we have more drops. So tired of getting only coins or one measly fragment. The worst one for me is the castle, collect once a day for a few coins. No fun at all.

Queenzod
07-09-14, 03:15 AM
Please oh please can we have more drops. So tired of getting only coins or one measly fragment. The worst one for me is the castle, collect once a day for a few coins. No fun at all.

DrP, I can answer this for you: no you may not have more drops. Why not? Because I said so.

That seems to be the rationale. Now, stop fussing or I'll just turn this car around right now! ;)

Beleriand
07-09-14, 02:14 PM
DrP, I can answer this for you: no you may not have more drops. Why not? Because I said so.

That seems to be the rationale. Now, stop fussing or I'll just turn this car around right now! ;)

Hahahaha I just used that line today.

hannsoph
07-10-14, 07:31 AM
Has anyone actually completed either of these goals? Slow doesn't even begin to describe it.

starbows
07-10-14, 07:34 AM
No, I haven't collected half of the inscriptions yet. In any of my games. And I play daily.

hannsoph
07-10-14, 08:37 AM
I play every day, and I am not even close. If you need a neighbor, my id is hannsoph.

labsandboxers
07-10-14, 09:08 AM
Still at 9/20

Castloninian
07-10-14, 09:46 AM
I was able to do A Little Persuasion because I hadn't given any inscriptions to Sister Sister. I have crafted 13 so far and enough to craft another. It's taking ages but I don't mind.

FlowerBurst
07-12-14, 07:01 PM
Current count is 11/20 but hopeful that the Fortune Teller Tent "Glimmer Rock Fortune" will help! Here it is...

The Glimmer Rock Fortune

(Let it go! You'll trip on something eventually)
Chop down Old Log x 1
Rewards: Glimmer Shard/Glimmer Fragments per chop
#To Game Designer: If you chop twice on the old log, and ignore the third chop or sell it, you can then buy another old log and repeat the process. Basically it never ends if you don't chop down an old log.

Update: Shards and fragments are now plentiful but I used up my fertilizer and seed reserves, so it is slow-going again! LOL! Oh, well! I'll get there some day! Griselda indicated that she will re-evaluate after 3 months--I hope she will be happy with my efforts, even though it will take a miracle for me to finish by then!:eek:

cookie2crumble
07-14-14, 01:35 PM
:eek:[/B]
That is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh ! :)

This quest is definitely not for the faint hearted, I have gone grey and had to colour my hair more often then I have received rafflesia. I have got 23 glimmer trap and 29 glimmer pitch and 0 rafflesia. So far I have 1 inscription in a little persuasion and 2 in the sister sister. It is going to be a long uphill battle, but I am still smiling! It's all about having fun.

Majinga
08-10-14, 08:48 PM
Anyone close to completing this? I've got 15/20 and got mats prob for the last 5 just wondering if i should rush and complete or just keep stock piling

SpiritWind00
08-10-14, 11:27 PM
Anyone close to completing this? I've got 15/20 and got mats prob for the last 5 just wondering if i should rush and complete or just keep stock piling

Don't rush! I have 1 more pitcher plant to go and then I can do the last and final trade, so WOOHOO!!!!
No gems used either.

Majinga
08-11-14, 06:53 AM
Don't rush! I have 1 more pitcher plant to go and then I can do the last and final trade, so WOOHOO!!!!
No gems used either.

Sweet. Yeah got tons of the other plants pitcher plants is the one that slows me down. And fertilizer.

SpiritWind00
08-11-14, 03:03 PM
Sweet. Yeah got tons of the other plants pitcher plants is the one that slows me down. And fertilizer.

Fertiliser is also my arch enemy... My cows and sheep are obviously constipated... Anyone a vet? Lol

arch786
09-04-14, 07:37 AM
I only read the first 7 or so pages of this 42 page thread so forgive me if this has already been discussed here but...

Is it just me, or does Belladonna look like she could be related to Elsa from Frozen? Something about the giant eyes and fancy windswept braid, I suppose.

minndom
02-15-15, 01:06 AM
I finally completed this. Such a tedious task. The glimmer trap plants were the most difficult ones to get.

meme1098
02-15-15, 01:29 PM
:eek:[/B]

This quest is definitely not for the faint hearted, I have gone grey and had to colour my hair more often then I have received rafflesia. I have got 23 glimmer trap and 29 glimmer pitch and 0 rafflesia. So far I have 1 inscription in a little persuasion and 2 in the sister sister. It is going to be a long uphill battle, but I am still smiling! It's all about having fun.

Just be sure to get all you need for the Persuasion goal first! Once that's completed you can give the inscriptions to Sinister, Sister otherwise you'll lose the ones you give to the sister goal.

PurpleScorpion76
02-16-15, 04:06 AM
Ok, so the Sister Sister and Little Peruasion goal has just blessed me with it's presence this morning. Are there any handy hints that haven't been posted that could be helpful? Now I'm off to read this entire thread. Wish me luck!

belbar22
02-16-15, 04:38 AM
Ok, so the Sister Sister and Little Peruasion goal has just blessed me with it's presence this morning. Are there any handy hints that haven't been posted that could be helpful? Now I'm off to read this entire thread. Wish me luck!

I started this for the second time (I have 2 accounts) on the 8th January and have 16 inscriptions already. The first time it took me over 5 months to complete. Lessons learned from my first account that I used in my second are:

I plant 24 feller plants every 2 days as this gives you seeds and completed plants.
I am fortunate to have the log fortune and didn't accidentally chop the log 3 times this time
I have 5 conservatories for the fertiliser which is always in short supply
I have 3 sheep, 9 cows plus the purple cow all of which drop fertiliser
I spend the vast majority of my energy collecting from all of these as I figured I just wanted to get through it

In case you were wondering, I am currently almost at the end of the fairy bridge set of goals so I have not really needed to use my energy for much else and I am usually able to check my games regularly throughout the day.

Hope this helps.

valmommy
02-16-15, 05:01 AM

Do Little Pursasion first. Then when done transfer those 5 scripts to Sister, Sister.

PurpleScorpion76
02-17-15, 09:21 AM
Lp only has a Go button, SS has a give, I'm assuming LP doesn't auto update?!?

I'm also days away from the log fortune so that's in my favour, I was thinking I would be doing a lot of milk and egg trades. Lol. Won't be building a load of conservatories, no room. Lol.

Thanks for the info!

belbar22
02-17-15, 09:34 AM
Lp only has a Go button, SS has a give, I'm assuming LP doesn't auto update?!?

I'm also days away from the log fortune so that's in my favour, I was thinking I would be doing a lot of milk and egg trades. Lol. Won't be building a load of conservatories, no room. Lol.

Thanks for the info!

From my memory, every time you got an inscription the counter in LP increased. Leave them in your inventory and once you have 5, it must give you an option to give.

IMHO, it is worth storing a few buildings to make room for conservatories. I am now up to 17 and will be able to do my 18th trade by the end of the day I think. I just wanted to get shot of it, but if you are not that bothered then one conservatory will be fine, it is just that you are likely to always have more seeds than fertiliser.

Jir67
02-18-15, 07:39 AM
I just received my last glimmer trap plant, so I have a question...
If I give my last inscription to Belladonna, could I do again the trade in order to collect more inscription or I have to postpone the "give" to do gain one more incription????

belbar22
02-18-15, 08:05 AM
The trade stays in the craft shop after you are finished this goal so you can do as many more as you want.

Chaotarch
02-18-15, 09:46 AM
The trade stays in the craft shop after you are finished this goal so you can do as many more as you want.

you could only make 99 inscriptions.
after that the trade stay, but the message that you cant hold more inscriptions is very hard...

kspitsen
08-16-15, 03:17 PM
Does anyone know a trick on how to get Fertilizer? I have plenty of seeds for the Belladonna's Inscription Quest yet I can't find enough Feetilizer.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
~Keisha aka: kspitsen

tigarlilyvol
08-16-15, 04:04 PM
Build as many Conservatories as you can, I think I had more than 8 out or 10.
Does anyone know a trick on how to get Fertilizer? I have plenty of seeds for the Belladonna's Inscription Quest yet I can't find enough Feetilizer.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
~Keisha aka: kspitsen

agifford12061
11-20-15, 10:17 PM
How to getbelladonna inscriptions

SpiritWind00
11-20-15, 11:31 PM
How to getbelladonna inscriptions

All information is in post 2 of this thread. You get inscriptions by doing the Belladonna trade in the royal exchange.

sbach05
04-03-16, 10:47 AM
How do I get skunkupies so that I can give them to Belladonna and start a trade with her at the Royal exchange?

SpiritWind00
04-03-16, 07:53 PM
How do I get skunkupies so that I can give them to Belladonna and start a trade with her at the Royal exchange?

A good place to start when you're looking for info on any item is the Inventory Guide. I've included a link to the "S" items for you :)
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76375-Castle-Story-Inventory-Guide&p=1025283&viewfull=1#post1025283

If you don't have Ivy's Bakery which drops them very regularly, then you just need to wait for Ivy's Hut to drop one. good luck! :)

sbach05
04-03-16, 08:49 PM
I would love to but Ivy's bakery but it's 200 gems and I only have 14 and I'm not buying any.... 😕

A good place to start when you're looking for info on any item is the Inventory Guide. I've included a link to the "S" items for you :)
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76375-Castle-Story-Inventory-Guide&p=1025283&viewfull=1#post1025283

If you don't have Ivy's Bakery which drops them very regularly, then you just need to wait for Ivy's Hut to drop one. good luck! :)

tinydimegs
07-03-16, 01:52 PM
This questline was just launched for me. Exciting! But I can't figure out how to craft the "Glimmer Trap Plant" in order to do the trade with Belladonna. I have the Greenhouse, but crafting the plant isn't one of the options.

SpiritWind00
07-03-16, 03:14 PM
This questline was just launched for me. Exciting! But I can't figure out how to craft the "Glimmer Trap Plant" in order to do the trade with Belladonna. I have the Greenhouse, but crafting the plant isn't one of the options.
GROW Dark Seeds - to grow the dark plants you must first Create Dark Seeds and then Grow Dark Seeds. Dark Plants (will appear in your inventory but cannot be placed in the Kingdom). There are 3 plants that can drop from this craft. They are random as to what drops. The trap plant you're looking for is one of them. ;) good luck! More info in Story Guide below.

tinydimegs
07-03-16, 04:35 PM
GROW Dark Seeds - to grow the dark plants you must first Create Dark Seeds and then Grow Dark Seeds. Dark Plants (will appear in your inventory but cannot be placed in the Kingdom). There are 3 plants that can drop from this craft. They are random as to what drops. The trap plant you're looking for us one of them. ;) good luck! More info in Story Guide below.

Excellent! Thank you :) I suppose I could have figured that one on my own, but didn't put it together. I was looking for the image of the plant, I think.

HarlieD
08-20-16, 06:58 PM
I got this quest about a month ago. I did the 'send Belladonna plants' quest twice, & didn't get any inscriptions. Now I can't seem to get any more glimmer rafflesia plants to continue right now, so this quest is going to take awhile. Any idea how to get inscriptions if I can't get them thru the exchange?

SpiritWind00
08-20-16, 11:02 PM
I got this quest about a month ago. I did the 'send Belladonna plants' quest twice, & didn't get any inscriptions. Now I can't seem to get any more glimmer rafflesia plants to continue right now, so this quest is going to take awhile. Any idea how to get inscriptions if I can't get them thru the exchange?
Which goal is in you ur book? The goals are in post 1. The first goal doesn't give an inscription. This is a long term goal. Make sure you don't GIVE the inscriptions to this goal until you've completed A Little Pursuasion as you need 5 inscriptions in your inventory. Look through the story guide link below on page 2. Look at no's 38/39 on this goal.

HarlieD
08-21-16, 01:18 PM
I have the Persuasion & Sister, Sister quests. I had a chance to do another trade, & FINALLY got an inscription! It's going to take months to get this done, but at least I'm getting what I need to be able to finish. And I have noticed NOT to give up the inscriptions till the Persuasion quest is done. Thank you so much!

meme1098
08-21-16, 01:50 PM
I have the Persuasion & Sister, Sister quests. I had a chance to do another trade, & FINALLY got an inscription! It's going to take months to get this done, but at least I'm getting what I need to be able to finish. And I have noticed NOT to give up the inscriptions till the Persuasion quest is done. Thank you so much!

This is a very, very long term goal. Most players took 6 months or longer to complete.

*****Just don't "give" any inscriptions in the Sister, Sister goal until you "have" all 5 for the Persuasion goal!!!!!*****
I think it took me more like 8 months...lol. So as you can grow & create dark seeds, you will probably have multiples of the wrong plant. That's what held me back...but persevere...;)

HarlieD
08-21-16, 03:21 PM
I will, thank you so much! I will be able to focus on it more, now that I completed the Desert Nights quest.

Mbrill75
09-08-18, 09:42 PM
I keep getting the glimmer trap plant but no glimmer pitcher plants is there anything I can do to get the glimmer pitcher plants? Sorry it?s not a reply.

SpiritWind00
09-09-18, 12:14 AM
I keep getting the glimmer trap plant but no glimmer pitcher plants is there anything I can do to get the glimmer pitcher plants? Sorry it?s not a reply.
No, nothing you can do but keep crafting till it drops. They are random and there is a hierarchical order to which they drop (which is why you're not getting your g/pitcher plants as often). G/Rafflesia drop rate is even lower still.

It will take some time to have enough plants, but remember you can also harvest the fellora crop which also can drop whole plants too! (Fellora Plants, available to players level 31 and higher to grow at their farming plots. The seeds for these crops originally belonged to Lady Greselda, so in addition to dropping Fellora Blossoms, they have a chance of dropping Dark Seeds and Glimmer Plants.)

Mbrill75
09-09-18, 10:33 PM
Thanks

Mbrill75
10-17-18, 08:08 PM
I?m currently at one of the the goals for Ivy the name of the goal is hot and cold and it requires buying the magic fruit tree but under the goal it says ?you don?t have to purchase this? which is good for me because I don?t have 120 gems to spend never did and never will. I?m confused if I don?t have to buy it then how do I get past that goal. I?m still working on the inscriptions I have 7 out of 20. And also doing the lessons for Greselda in the potion shop where you have to complete 3 witch lessons And then you have to do it all again like three more times. Can someone please help me I?m getting frustrated. I posted this here because I couldn?t find any area in this forum for new threads.

Glimmerless
10-17-18, 11:22 PM
I?m currently at one of the the goals for Ivy the name of the goal is hot and cold and it requires buying the magic fruit tree but under the goal it says ?you don?t have to purchase this? which is good for me because I don?t have 120 gems to spend never did and never will. I?m confused if I don?t have to buy it then how do I get past that goal. I?m still working on the inscriptions I have 7 out of 20. And also doing the lessons for Greselda in the potion shop where you have to complete 3 witch lessons And then you have to do it all again like three more times. Can someone please help me I?m getting frustrated. I posted this here because I couldn?t find any area in this forum for new threads.

Wait for the 24-hour timer to run out, you don't have to do anything in the meanwhile, and the goal will expire. You may need to click the "finish" when it says the timer is done. I think this is the one where it's the end of a set of goals, so there isn't anything after that will be triggered, but completing this is a prerequisite that will allow future goals to appear when you reach that part in the story.

Good luck on Belladonna's trade! And keep going on Adventures, they will drop Gems eventually.

Petticoatwriter
11-29-22, 04:09 AM
Confused with the two tasks involving A Little Persuasion . Are you looking for items after completing some thing from sister sister in the Royal Exchange? I have collected from three different times in the royal market but I have received no items for a little persuasion
Any assistance you can give me would be appreciative because I?m a little confused on this. Thank you

Petticoatwriter
11-29-22, 04:27 AM
I wrote above post and then found all this information. I’m having problem getting glimmer shard and fertilizer what is the best way of getting both who dropsies thank you so much. From what I understanding this will be a long drawn out goal so I will just be patient i’m hearing that regular dragons help give the shards and fragments. Is that correct?

SpiritWind00
11-29-22, 06:23 PM
I wrote above post and then found all this information. I’m having problem getting glimmer shard and fertilizer what is the best way of getting both who dropsies thank you so much. From what I understanding this will be a long drawn out goal so I will just be patient i’m hearing that regular dragons help give the shards and fragments. Is that correct?
have a look at the Inventory Guide under G (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76375-Castle-Story-Inventory-Guide&p=1025268&viewfull=1#post1025268) for the glimmer shard info and F (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76375-Castle-Story-Inventory-Guide&p=1025267&viewfull=1#post1025267) for fertilizer drops and see what you items you might have. [click on the letter F or G above as I made them hyperlinks for you to take you straight to the entry]

Regular dragons do not drop glimmer shards. Only the glimmer dragon, glimmer alicorn, and the glimmer manticore do. The are the purple coloured ones.

You can make glimmer shards and glimmer fragments in the Faerie Workshop as well. Yes, this goal (like all main story) will take a while as you get the materials together to do the trade for the inscriptions. At least now there are more items that drop materials than when the goal was released, so you'll get through it in no time. :) Good luck!

Petticoatwriter
11-30-22, 02:04 AM
Thank you for all the information sadly I cannot build the fairy workshop yet. It says by goal which evidently I have not reached yet. Do you happen to know what goal or storyline is needed to reach the fairy workshop?

Just checked and it looks like I have to complete plume hive adventure. I’ve never had that where does that fall into play with storylines

It’s part of fairie Respite.there’s no upgrades showing for it and it looks fully built I have that but nothing in my tasks to further story line

Lavenderdale
12-19-22, 07:10 AM
Thank you for all the information sadly I cannot build the fairy workshop yet. It says by goal which evidently I have not reached yet. Do you happen to know what goal or storyline is needed to reach the fairy workshop?

Just checked and it looks like I have to complete plume hive adventure. I?ve never had that where does that fall into play with storylines

It?s part of fairie Respite.there?s no upgrades showing for it and it looks fully built I have that but nothing in my tasks to further story line

The Main Story Goal Guide (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94062-Castle-Story-New-Main-Story-Goal-Guide) can often aid in figuring out what you need in order to receive the next quest.

There's like 5 quests after Faerie Respite before getting to Plume Hive. And some of them have off-the-wall prerequisites.

Hope this helps.

Petticoatwriter
01-24-23, 07:17 AM
I need help here thank you in advance I am at the point where I?m at the potion shop doing transformation tonic. Is this the end of the Griselda belladonna glimmer gate storyline? Where can I get an outline of the whole storyline. Thank you

Petticoatwriter
01-24-23, 10:00 AM
My final quest was to get transformation tonic. Then there?s nothing else does that mean this is the end of the story I?m afraid to tap on her buildings just in case or something else

SpiritWind00
01-24-23, 02:40 PM
The Story Outline Guide is a 2 page thread listing all goals in summary form with triggers. Read the instructions at the end of the game guide in the belladonna post (last link below)for what happens next. As I said a while ago there are lots of interlocking stories at this point in the game.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78821

Castle Story: Main Story Game Guide (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94062-Castle-Story-New-Main-Story-Goal-Guide)

Belladonna thread (similar to page 1 of this thread but in my normal format)
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94062-Castle-Story-Main-Story-Goal-Guide&p=1364400&viewfull=1#post1364400

Petticoatwriter
01-25-23, 04:09 AM
The Story Outline Guide is a 2 page thread listing all goals in summary form with triggers. Read the instructions at the end of the game guide in the belladonna post (last link below)for what happens

if number nine lesson three is completed number 10 is optional you don’t have to do it where do I go from there the next step how to do it with Azalea is that part of it? I’m sorry but this is very confusing for me.

SpiritWind00
01-25-23, 02:20 PM
In Lessons for Ivy, goal 10 will expire in 2 days. The magic fruit tree will be available in the market to purchase if you change your mind, but the gem reward for that purchase will not be available. If you want help outside of the belladonna goals we will need to move to the Help Me thread. Even though these goals are old they are still active and the rules around keeping threads on topic remain. If you want to write all the goals you have in your book over in the Help Me thread then I can look them up for you and help you further so you know what to concentrate on next. :)

Help Me thread:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91264-Help-Me!-Stuck-on-a-goal-or-have-a-game-question-Post-here!