PDA

View Full Version : Personal Bakery Billboard

LightAndLove83
05-08-14, 10:14 AM
Now that we have a block button, I would love to suggest that we have a personal "chalkboard" for our bakery. it would be nice to be able to post a note That is totally visible to all your neighbors and that won't get lost in the wall feed. I've been thinking about this for a while. Only the person who owns the bakery, could write on the Board. It would be nice to be able to leave an, "I'm Out for the day" note or be able to leave a note to neighbors about gifts, vacations, etc. The wall feed is great for chatting but it can be time consuming trying to find notes left by neighbors, when 100's of others have left a note too. I will send my other neighbors to make this suggestion as well. We have all agreed that a "Billboard" for our bakery, would be nice. Maybe like a TEXT BUBBLE above one of the bakery walls. Thanks TL

jim23cash
05-09-14, 08:48 AM
We have been asking for this for a long time. It would be a very useful feature!

LavaRain8
05-09-14, 03:43 PM
I think a sticky option like Bobbyrae suggested in another thread may be easier to implement. For instance, when you post on your own wall or maybe adding an Edit button like there is on the Neighbors list when you need to remove them. In the Edit mode, you have the option to Sticky the message to the top. If they choose this route, then you can probably just sticky other helpful info that someone else (or yourself) posts on your wall, if you wish.

That, or just make any posts on your own wall stay on top of visitor messages, and maybe highlight the owner's messages so that it definitely stands out from the crowd.

Something like...

Bakery Owner: I will be on vacation until Tuesday the 13th neighbors.

Visitor 1: Alright neighbor, I will continue to gift and tip until you return, thanks for letting me know!

Visitor 2: full

Visitor 3: full

Visitor 4: are you still playing?

^ because clearly a lot of people just refuse to read things anyway

etc.

LightAndLove83
05-12-14, 12:40 PM
We'll I thought I was the only one. it's nice to know that there are others out there who dare to dream. lol :-D

LavaRain8

That is a great idea. I was just thinking that there are so many people that won't read to save their life, but if it were in plain site, they wouldn't have any excuse. (^_~)

LavaRain8,

Your idea is awesome too. I have another neighbor that suggested the same thing. It definitely works. It basically means that all your posts would stay at the top of your wall. Not hard to program, I would think, but seen a lot of people talking about this for a while and they still haven't done it. *sighs* Oh well.

jakegav12
05-21-14, 11:44 AM
A post It or billboard would be awesome ! A lot of times I don't have the time to scroll all the way down to see a neighbors post !

babekakes
06-10-14, 09:15 PM
This would be nice.

mollybrown0
06-21-14, 07:02 AM
Yes! This idea really needs to happen.

Just an option to 'sticky' a post on your wall would be great. I was away from BS for about a week and I'm pretty sure some neighbours deleted me and loads of my neighbours posted 'full' on my wall over and over again. There really needs to be a way of letting your neighbours know if you're going to be away. :)

LightAndLove83
08-16-14, 05:03 AM
I've been giving it some thought and I really think a "Text bubble" next to your Bakery name would be a great idea. You could just post whatever you needed there and that way people could check it when they come by to tip...OOOH!! Texting!!! That is the answer all together!! If we had the ability to IM each other with a message, we would be set...and then it would alert us on our end!! That would be great. Hmmmm...there are so many ways to make the message thing better. :-)

Beecause
08-17-14, 05:26 PM
This idea I do like. Your wall - your post stays at the top!!

How about color coded neighbors - one color to indicate they want food gifts, another color to indicate they prefer parts only.
And no change for people with no preference.
Color or a symbol.

Something each player could do in their settings - check box for food or parts or anything/no preference.

LightAndLove83
11-06-18, 06:10 AM
Hello All,

I would love it if they would allow for messages that we post to our own wall, to remain up top or maybe a personal/private wall might be better. Something in the form of a banner where we could post things we don?t want to disappear, but where neighbors could read it and even respond privately. This way, you could have private conversations if you would like to.

I know there is a lot that goes into the games programming and not all requests for changes to the game can be implemented, but this is something that I feel has been needed for a long time.

Maybe we could poll the community to see what they think?