PDA

View Full Version : New Block Feature (IOS)

jacobtoddsmom
05-06-14, 05:01 AM
I was deleting messages and noticed a block button. What is this for? Does it block the player or just their messages?
Thanks!

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13358&d=1399377598 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13358&d=1399377598)

edit(KP) extra information:

Announcement page (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?68391-iOS-New-Block-Feature-in-Limited-Games!&p=897567&viewfull=1#post897567)

Looks like this is only offered for IOS bakery and restaurants games right now.
You will need to update version 1.7.1. for both games.

To block, click the x on their wall message and you will have an option to delete and the option to block.

You can unblock anyone that you did block by going under the settings in your game.

If you block a neighbor from you wall, and will still be in your neighbors list, so you may want to also delete them as a neighbor.

Note: If the x is not showing up:

Once you go into the blocked list, you won't see a button to unblock. However, if you locate the person you accidentally blocked, on that same line from their name, you can press around to the right of the name and they should be unblocked.

kooky panda
05-06-14, 05:26 AM
Should block a member from posting on your wall.

justmine2
05-06-14, 05:30 AM
this update isnt for android???

LavaRain8
05-06-14, 06:06 AM
A million times YES! But....no android. :(

Soon hopefully...it was a very needed feature, too many trolls out there.

jacobtoddsmom
05-06-14, 06:38 AM
Should block a member from posting on your wall.
Thank you so much. This is such a great new feature, I've had trouble in the past with certain users posting ugly messages. I'm so glad to see something in place to help prevent bullying. Kudos TL!!!

meme1098
05-06-14, 06:46 AM
I'm glad to see it, too. But I'll need to be careful about tapping the right button since I have fat finger syndrome. ;D

lovetyphoon
05-06-14, 10:51 AM
Is it possible to unblock a user, my neighbor block me accidentally ! Thx ツ

kooky panda
05-06-14, 10:53 AM
Is it possible to unblock a user, my neighbor block me accidentally ! Thx ツ
You cannot unblock yourself if someone blocks you.
You may try and find a common neighbor and ask them to ask that neighbor for you.

You can unblock someone you blocked by going under settings.

lovetyphoon
05-06-14, 11:04 AM
Thx a lot, I'll try ツ

meme1098
05-06-14, 11:10 AM
You cannot unblock yourself if someone blocks you.
You may try and find a common neighbor and ask them to ask that neighbor for you.

You can unblock someone you blocked by going under settings.

Ah, good. At least it is reversible.

grannygreend
05-06-14, 12:02 PM
I do not have the New Block Features, I play on a kindle fire HD

meme1098
05-06-14, 12:26 PM

Title of the thread says IOS

grannygreend
05-06-14, 01:12 PM

Thanks

ElaineCarrel
05-06-14, 03:22 PM
So if we have someone in the community harassing us then we're able 2 block them also? Finally a answer 2 a prayer! Cuz no matter how nicely I ask this person they won't stop it. They've left one of my messages 2 them on their wall and that's the only way they're able 2 keep coming back. The message was written last June.

nmishii
05-06-14, 03:30 PM
Thank you TL! People have been asking for this for a long time.

If a community member is harassing a person in Restaurant Story and/or Bakery Story then yes, they can be blocked in the RS and/or BS game(s), if you're on iOS.

kitthecat
05-06-14, 07:45 PM
Yay!! Thank you, thank you! Now I dont need to use my clone game to post dozen n dozen of meaningless msg to wipe out my msg on those harassing players' wall.

Thank you TL!

adorablerican
05-07-14, 04:15 AM
That's cool. Needed when someone tries to be rude for no reason.

Debs4090
05-08-14, 07:39 AM
This is a great feature for those who have been receiving nasty messages on their wall as removing them as a neighbour doesn't stop them writing on your wall and I've seen neighbours quit the game because somebody has been abusing them on their wall so this is a great feature :)

ElaineCarrel
06-01-14, 05:27 PM
I feel that if a person is blocked and a NBR then that person should automatically b removed from ur NBR list.
I was tipping 2day from my NBR list and when I went 2 write on a wall I got the blocked notice. I doubled checked it just 2 b sure and it happened again. What really ticked me off was the fact I tipped this person 1st. The same thing happened w 2 other restaurants so I'm assuming the same person is running all 3 of them in both RS and BS. I HAVE NO IDEA Y THIS HAPPENED. I've never been rude or un neighborly 2 her. I'd really like 2 no so I'm able 2 clear up any misunderstandings.
I went ahead and deleted all three places so I wouldn't tip them again by mistake. I figured they came 2 me asking 2 b my NBR in the first place so they know how 2 find me again if they want 2 again.

carabellexo
06-01-14, 11:47 PM
I am a big fan of the block feature. Recently I have had a neighbour who has unnecessary commented about my name and restaurant and make me feel quite upset. Think this has happened a few times from this neighbour. So I decided to block and remove to stop this from happening in the future. And also thanks to the block feature I have saved support some time.

yoleeo
07-05-14, 05:47 AM
Yea the block feature was great.but those 2 buttons jus TOO EASY to unintentionally press...

I often press that button to block my nbrs accidentally even though I jus wanna delete messages on my wall.
also I ve been blocked by 2 nbrs,and they totally hv no idea about whats going on,they jus wonderin why did I stop post on their wall.
So I hv to let them know on our common nbr's wall.
However some of the players are still not quite sure how to unblock ppl.

cmon can we move the block botton to the neighbor list?:confused:

caius76
08-02-14, 11:02 AM
Like the idea of having the block feature, but I don't like having to tap twice to delete every message. For something which will (hopefully) not be used so often, can it perhaps be moved somewhere out of the way? Like settings? Or put a button on the poster's restaurant, i.e. tap the post to visit their restaurant, then be able to block them.

cinnapeach
12-09-14, 03:31 AM
please roll it out to android, thanks.

RenaultScenic2013
JaguarXF2000
SkodaSuperb2013
SkodaYeti2000

AMuffins
04-24-15, 07:27 PM
Any word on when Android is getting the Block feature?

Dragon Story -- Android players have this block feature.. This should be rolled out with all of Storm8 games.

teammaggie
07-16-15, 08:06 PM
If you block a nbr and/or community member and you have nbrs in common, will they see my post on our common nbrs wall? Is there also a way they can read my wall? Thank you

AMuffins
08-18-15, 08:20 PM
Blocking means the person you blocked cannot post on your wall. That's all.. You need to delete said person if they are your nbr. Yes they can read your wall or anybody else's wall that you post on.

1SadieK2001
04-11-16, 01:36 PM
Why can't I remove/delete a neighbour that I didn't request or accept but is just there

sandylbaum
04-11-16, 02:00 PM
You should be able to delete anyone except for Stormie which is the games player.

Rynetory2
04-13-16, 07:41 AM
Why can't I remove/delete a neighbour that I didn't request or accept but is just there

Can you try clicking on the [Decline] button? You can remove the player if you have already accepted the invitation by going to your Social list and click [Edit] button and [Delete]. Please let us know if you are still having issues. Thanks.

deekathleen
04-13-16, 09:58 AM

Is the neighbor stormie? If so you won't be able to delete them, it is the game character. You can request items from stormie when you need them so he is good for that.