PDA

View Full Version : Sushi shop or candy maker?

ghjvcucjb
05-05-14, 09:59 PM
Since it takes me months to get enough money to get any new shops, it's important for me to make the right choice. My jewelry maker and Forge mainly sit unused. Those who have both the Sushi shop and the candy maker, which one is better? TIA!

ciarjen
05-06-14, 02:16 AM
I would say the candy maker. There is a simple 15 minute recipe for syrup made from sugar cane. Longer recipes need easier to obtain ingredients like butter, peanuts, oranges, chocolate.

I've only unlocked the rice, sushi roll and egg sushi so far but they need ingredients which take longer to prepare. The steamed rice has to be grown and dried before it is cooked for 1.5 hrs. The egg sushi takes 4 hours and needs nori which takes 2 hours to make and the sushi roll takes 5 hours and needs the steamed rice, salmon and nori.

Despite the higher selling prices, there is not much profit in these longer, complicated recipes.... in fact you could actually be losing money because preparing ingredients ties up other resource buildings.

ghjvcucjb
05-06-14, 10:20 AM
Thank you ciarjen! Never thought about the long prep time involved for the sushi. Guess I'll go with the candy maker. Again thanks!

nicxole
05-11-14, 03:41 PM
That's disappointing because I REALLY want the sushi shop, but looks like I'm going to get the candy maker! thanks!

ghjvcucjb
05-12-14, 04:34 PM
Just an update, got the candy maker and it mainly sits idle. Made a zillion bottled syrup and can barely sell any even at 10 + below market value. Can't sell any of the candy even below market level, so it usually just sits unused unless a plane delivery requests an item. Just passing the info.

mymummy789
05-16-14, 03:33 PM
I don't bother with the candy - I usually ended up waiting for the free promotion to get rid of it. I make the syrup to use for the peanut brittle which seems to sell almost as soon as I put it in the market. I've also started making fudge overnight as that also sells well.