PDA

View Full Version : What do you do about your dragon's names

PineapplePigeon
05-05-14, 07:42 PM
I'm just wondering, but what do you guys name your dragons? Do you keep the names that they come with, or do you change them? Personally, I just rename them all "..." because I am probably OCD, and can't stand scrolling through the arena list with all sorts of different names :rolleyes:
Am I the only one who does this?

dangerb0y
05-05-14, 08:41 PM
I choose opposite of what they are
Lighting = Thunder
Stone = Feather
Metal= Woody
Etc...

hugpete
05-05-14, 10:27 PM
I literally just found out today that I could change my dragons' names for free! For some reason, I thought it cost gold. I went through and changed almost all of them. :) Some of my favorites: Giza the Pyramid dragon, Genesis the Fruitful dragon, Strike the Lightning dragon, Colbert the Eagle dragon (after Stephen Colbert), Ricin the Poison dragon, Sochi the Winter Games dragon, Venus the Athletic dragon (Venus Williams), Puff the Magic dragon, S'more the Marshmallow dragon, Sakura the Cherry Blossom dragon, Calla the Lily dragon. Picking names is fun!

metsfreek
05-05-14, 11:23 PM
My ninja is named Kakashi it's all I need

TinksThots
05-05-14, 11:42 PM
I name mine what they are because I have no idea who's what just by looking at most of them, and it's easier to tap a habitat and read the types across the bottom than have to tap each one individually. Ones up for trading get named 'Trade' as soon as they're hatched so I won't accidentally trade off something I didn't intend to. Exceptions are my gemstone dragons, which have family nicknames. ^_^

Sparkly888
05-06-14, 02:15 AM
Ones up for trading get named 'Trade' as soon as they're hatched so I won't accidentally trade off something I didn't intend to. ^_^

Haha. That's exactly what I do too. I capitalize it too; TRADE.
My commons that I use for breeding like Forest and Air I name FOREST and AIR. I have some baby air and water dragons taking up the empty spots in my habitats from the last community event. Making a little money off them and I can sell them off when I need the space. I name them SALE.

chalupa2030
05-06-14, 05:59 AM
Great thread!

You can also add little decorations next to their names. Tons of fun!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/MidnightKiss4u/d6818a23ead3e7d0d9a2dede9c2ec72c.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/MidnightKiss4u/e404b7dd74ee1719bdaf49fd7f1816ea.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/MidnightKiss4u/a1a33ce7d1df5cded27f2b88aa4f4ca5.jpg

Marmalademuffin
05-06-14, 08:33 AM
I had no idea this could be done! Thanks so much for letting us know. There are so many names I get over and over and now I can fix that! I didn't like all the dupicates.

jim23cash
05-06-14, 10:16 AM
I name mine with names that seem appropriate to me (although others might disagree!) and any I plan to trade I name "Gems".

XandriaFire
05-07-14, 04:58 AM
I keep the name they come with. Changing their name is like stealing a part of their soul.
"To write one's name us to leave a part of oneself behind. It's not something to be taken lightly."
-Cyrus, Pokemon adventures diamond and pearl platinum, Vol. 2
Even though he's the bad guy, he still has a point. You probably think I'm crazy, but I couldn't care less.

hugpete
05-07-14, 12:09 PM
Not sure pixels have souls! :)

sapphirecross
05-07-14, 02:32 PM
I also rename mine to what they are unless the name is too long to fit, like white chocolate. Those I try to shorten or pic something similar. Duplicates usually just keep their random name, especially if I'm going to trade them - I just move them to a separate trade habitat. If I really like a name though, I use it even if it's my only one like that - my big bad is BadWolf.

sapphirecross
05-07-14, 02:34 PM
I literally just found out today that I could change my dragons' names for free! For some reason, I thought it cost gold. I went through and changed almost all of them. :) Some of my favorites: Giza the Pyramid dragon, Genesis the Fruitful dragon, Strike the Lightning dragon, Colbert the Eagle dragon (after Stephen Colbert), Ricin the Poison dragon, Sochi the Winter Games dragon, Venus the Athletic dragon (Venus Williams), Puff the Magic dragon, S'more the Marshmallow dragon, Sakura the Cherry Blossom dragon, Calla the Lily dragon. Picking names is fun!

I never watch Colbert so I didn't get that one - why eagle? Great names though - loved the s'more and calla :)

XandriaFire
05-07-14, 02:53 PM
Not sure pixels have souls! :)

Probably not.:p

Anaboe
05-07-14, 05:40 PM
I picked the list from the Wikia, it has all names, according to their color. Then I'd rename the dragons with double names for ane that hasn't been used yet. Fo example, both Fruitfull and Fairy were born with the name Apple, then I would rename one to Pine, if that name hasn't been used yet.

That way they keep the original names, but I don't have doubles :)

hugpete
05-07-14, 11:56 PM
I never watch Colbert so I didn't get that one - why eagle? Great names though - loved the s'more and calla :)

There's a swooping, screeching eagle in the show's opening, and then there's the pistachio commercials with Colbert and the eagle. :) Thanks for the love!

ETA: I've actually changed almost all my dragons' names now. :) Glinda the Goodwitch dragon was pretty easy to come up with. I was stumped on Lotus but my partner suggested naming her "Om". Loki the Trickster. Ororo the Storm (Storm in the X-Men is Ororo Monroe). Harry the Wizard (Dresden or Houdini). I'm a bit of a geek. ;)

jim23cash
05-08-14, 03:52 AM
There's a swooping, screeching eagle in the show's opening, and then there's the pistachio commercials with Colbert and the eagle. :) Thanks for the love!

ETA: I've actually changed almost all my dragons' names now. :) Glinda the Goodwitch dragon was pretty easy to come up with. I was stumped on Lotus but my partner suggested naming her "Om". Loki the Trickster. Ororo the Storm (Storm in the X-Men is Ororo Monroe). Harry the Wizard (Dresden or Houdini). I'm a bit of a geek. ;)
That's sorta how mine are named, too. It's just that some of them no one but me would understand, kinda like private jokes! But I do try to make the name fit the Dragon. The way the game randomly assigns them is disturbing to my OCD soul, I think their names should reflect their nature. ;)

dubbleyooteeyef
05-10-14, 08:38 PM
I also name mine to what they are. I find it more useful to easily see what they are than who they are

Except my Black Knight who is called Slayer, because he is. >;|

Broggoy
05-11-14, 03:08 AM
I add the time of evolving to their names so when I can evolve I can see how long each dragon will be in the Temple

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae98/Broggoy/53e06010daf9eb3f5cfb54ba0e759cc8_zps4326fa9d.jpg

sapphirecross
05-11-14, 04:53 AM
I add the time of evolving to their names so when I can evolve I can see how long each dragon will be in the Temple

That's brilliant - I never thought to do that and I can rarely ever remember how long they take.

jim23cash
05-11-14, 06:20 AM
I add the time of evolving to their names so when I can evolve I can see how long each dragon

That's brilliant - I never thought to do that and I can rarely ever remember how long they take.
That IS brilliant! It's something I've seen players ask for, and something I've spent lots of time figuring out myself! Bravo! ;)

yanlynnhtoo
05-11-14, 04:40 PM
LOL !
Not really ! I just keep the name that comes with it !

hugpete
05-11-14, 09:45 PM
That's sorta how mine are named, too. It's just that some of them no one but me would understand, kinda like private jokes! But I do try to make the name fit the Dragon. The way the game randomly assigns them is disturbing to my OCD soul, I think their names should reflect their nature. ;)

I can't take the auto-names either, especially when there are duplicates!!1

GENIUS!!!!!!!!!! I've just been trying to memorize all the evolving times. Works sometimes, but I recently thought one was 7 hours & instead it was 17, which threw off my plan.

buttabdullah99
05-12-14, 02:58 AM
Great thread!

You can also add little decorations next to their names. Tons of fun!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/MidnightKiss4u/d6818a23ead3e7d0d9a2dede9c2ec72c.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/MidnightKiss4u/e404b7dd74ee1719bdaf49fd7f1816ea.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/MidnightKiss4u/a1a33ce7d1df5cded27f2b88aa4f4ca5.jpg
Hey!!!! Chalupa u treasure name is lovely lol!!!

buttabdullah99
05-12-14, 02:59 AM
Hi usually named the dragon by seeing his style like I just named my new emerald knight with EK king lol !!! And my element name is 3 beauties and my comet name is space

missbandette
05-12-14, 08:42 PM
I rename mine if I get a double, or if it's a different kind of dragon I search names. Like for example the Egyptian dragons I searched "Egyptian names" and picked some I like. My gemstones are all what they are sapphire, gemma(gemstone), topaz, ect. I even searched "rune names" and came up with "Aruz" for my rune dragon (pronounced a-roo, or a-rooz). Glory for my morning glory, Harmony for my melody dragon. I use the dragon name genorator list for alot of them too bc I do want some of them to have the names they were supposed to have. This is a cool thread. Names are fun!

Here is the website incase some of you didn't have it.
Removed third party link (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?58319-Please-do-not-post-outside-links)

GoodyTwoShoes2
05-17-14, 03:31 PM
I'm just wondering, but what do you guys name your dragons? Do you keep the names that they come with, or do you change them? Personally, I just rename them all "..." because I am probably OCD, and can't stand scrolling through the arena list with all sorts of different names :rolleyes:
Am I the only one who does this?

Did I miss it somewhere in this chain? HOW do we change their names? I have sooo many with the same name!! I thought the creators just couldn't come up with any different names because they use these weird names over and over. How do I do this? Please....

Jnny2good
05-17-14, 05:05 PM
Wow! I'm level 104 and I never knew the icon to change names was there. Has it always been there? This should be in the FAQ.

chalupa2030
05-17-14, 05:31 PM
I rename mine if I get a double, or if it's a different kind of dragon I search names. Like for example the Egyptian dragons I searched "Egyptian names" and picked some I like. My gemstones are all what they are sapphire, gemma(gemstone), topaz, ect. I even searched "rune names" and came up with "Aruz" for my rune dragon (pronounced a-roo, or a-rooz). Glory for my morning glory, Harmony for my melody dragon. I use the dragon name genorator list for alot of them too bc I do want some of them to have the names they were supposed to have. This is a cool thread. Names are fun!

Here is the website incase some of you didn't have it.
Removed third party link (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?58319-Please-do-not-post-outside-links)

Hey!!!! Chalupa u treasure name is lovely lol!!!

Thank you! It's also the name of our Husky!

hugpete
05-17-14, 07:26 PM
Did I miss it somewhere in this chain? HOW do we change their names? I have sooo many with the same name!! I thought the creators just couldn't come up with any different names because they use these weird names over and over. How do I do this? Please....

Go to a habitat and click on the dragon you want. See the little pencil in the box next to the name? Click that and then change the name and then save. On iOS at least...

Broggoy
05-18-14, 05:17 AM

That IS brilliant! It's something I've seen players ask for, and something I've spent lots of time figuring out myself! Bravo! ;)

I can't take the auto-names either, especially when there are duplicates!!1

GENIUS!!!!!!!!!! I've just been trying to memorize all the evolving times. Works sometimes, but I recently thought one was 7 hours & instead it was 17, which threw off my plan.

You're welcome!

kooky panda
02-11-16, 11:49 AM
Since no new posts for a while, closing thread.
More recent thread on this topic.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88992-Share-your-cool-dragon-names!