PDA

View Full Version : Game crashing all the time

cakeandpie
05-05-14, 05:20 AM
Up until about a month ago or so, I rarely had any crashing problems with DS. Now my game is crashing so much I basically can't even play anymore. I have an iPhone 4S, but I am running the latest OS and latest version of DS.

In the last week I've lost a bomb and 5 rune stones to crashing (and since I don't evolve to level 4 or have a 7th farm to feed my expensive dragons, *every* bomb and stone counts), plus also a bunch of land, and now it's crashing so bad it looks like I probably won't be able to mine at all. I also lost 4 gold in the Viking tournament because I got Viking just before going to bed, and as I was clicking on him in storage to put him on the nest, my game crashed and I lost him. I had to pay 4 gold to speed up the arena; fortunately I won again on the next try.

It used to be that my game would crash if I tried to do too many things (battle, quest, mine, plant, etc.) but now it will crash 30 seconds after I opened it when all I've been doing is collecting coins.

I've tried deleting and re-installing and re-starting my phone. Neither made a difference.

My son's game crashes fairly frequently but he's on an older iPod with an older iOS; still, his crashes less than mine does now! :confused:

Meowmeowbeans
05-05-14, 03:50 PM
Thanks for letting us know about this. Have you tried closing the background apps that may be running on your device? This should help with any performance issues you are experiencing.

cakeandpie
05-06-14, 10:51 AM
I did a complete restore of my phone and that has helped--I'm at least able to do some things before it crashes. I emailed support too, and they said it was just because my phone was old and my islands were so large with lots of dragons and features. I hope it doesn't get too bad because I really want to continue to play DS!

echo005
05-08-14, 04:31 AM
the newest version i downloaded was unusable so i'm using Christmas but the last week it has been crashing non stop ( i'm on android).my mobile is only a year old,i always shut down other running programs,clearing the cache etc doesn't help.there is NO problem with DS or any other TL game on my tablet and i don't have issues with games from other makers.i do still open the newest version from time to time but it's still useless.candy blast (and occasionally jewel mania) also crash and you lose energy.

echo005
05-08-14, 04:02 PM
It's crashed non stop all day today and an hour ago three times in 10 mins.it's ridiculous.uninstalled jewel mania cos it took forever to open then crashed and lost lives-candy blast isn't far behind cos that wont open properly either and i'm just too tired and frustrated to bother playing.TL sort things out

daughtryville
05-12-14, 08:18 PM
Same here, crashing like 30 seconds into the game
It started happening after the last update about a week ago
I will try to use the valentine version and see if that helps
Cuz as of right now all I can do is collect a couple habitat coins then it crashes

Meowmeowbeans
05-13-14, 11:10 AM
Thanks for reporting this information to us. You might want to make sure you are using the most updated version of the app as well as the most updated version of your device's OS. If you are still experiencing an issue with crashing, please contact support@teamlava.com.

yetsize
05-14-14, 04:05 AM
My game keeps crashing too! Specially when mining (where I loose prizes and turns) and when visiting neighbours (after visiting 5 or 6). But it crashes at any place after using it for some minutes (no longer than 10 minutes). Have the latest version and stop all apps in backgroung. This has been happening for about 1 or 2 weeks. Thanks

Clark_Wayne
05-14-14, 04:34 PM
With the latest update, my game is slowing a lot and now i have often game freezing during 1-2 seconds.
I have game crashing too sometimes, which i didn't have with the previous update.

jacobtoddsmom
05-15-14, 08:39 AM
I can't visit my neighbors without it crashing, and sometimes it crashes on my dragon island. I tire of this issue and it's the major reason I don't buy gold. Maybe if there is a fix before I get so sick of if that I delete the app all together I might invest in gold. Wish this was fixed, sorry I'm just so tired of it crashing, and it's been an issue for many months. It will seem to be fixed only to happen again shortly after.

jacobtoddsmom
05-15-14, 08:42 AM
It keeps happening to me too, and I have everything up to date with no background apps! I've even tried a device reboot with no luck. I'm playing on an iPad mini.

kooky panda
05-15-14, 10:34 AM
I can't visit my neighbors without it crashing, and sometimes it crashes on my dragon island. I tire of this issue and it's the major reason I don't buy gold. Maybe if there is a fix before I get so sick of if that I delete the app all together I might invest in gold. Wish this was fixed, sorry I'm just so tired of it crashing, and it's been an issue for many months. It will seem to be fixed only to happen again shortly after.

It keeps happening to me too, and I have everything up to date with no background apps! I've even tried a device reboot with no luck. I'm playing on an iPad mini.
Try going under safari-settings- clear cookies and Data to see if this helps.

Meowmeowbeans
05-15-14, 04:32 PM
We're sorry for any inconvenience you've experienced as a result of this issue! If none of the suggestions in this post help resolve your issue, please contact support@teamlava.com so they can further investigate this issue.

jacobtoddsmom
05-15-14, 05:48 PM
Try going under safari-settings- clear cookies and Data to see if this helps.

I will try that tomorrow thanks! I'm crossing my fingers!

kaitelvara
05-21-14, 07:54 PM
I've gotten frustrated enough to take a moment out of my day to write this...report.

Moving too fast across screen? CRASH
Collecting coins, food, world event items? CRASH
Mining? CRASH and then to add insult to injury I lose my bomb, my runes AND whatever extra items I get. I've lost at least 10 runes because it crashes before arbitrarily deciding to save.
Not doing ANYTHING for a minute? CRASH

No matter what I do, my game crashes. It used to not be so bad. It started to get worse about a year ago and seems to get more drastic when world events are happening or when Team Lava is trying to...persuade us to try one of their other games by sheer annoyance factor. I'm sure the amount of dragons I have isn't much helping but I think the "den" of dragon bugs the crushed weren't actually bugs, just little updates like foliage under the menu buttons, turning the text red for giving up coins for food...were those really necessary?

Technical details are that I'm using an iPod 4 touch. My OS is up to date, the game is up to date, background programs don't seem to matter as having none open doesn't seem to affect the crashing.

Personally I think they've got too much going on. The extra animations on the coins? Maybe too much. Making it mandatory to center whatever you're doing? Probably pulling down the lack of processor I have.

On a side note, is there anyone else experiencing almost a crash a minute while playing and what can I do? I enjoy my dragons, love giving them names (though I wish the names could be longer) but when you feel the same sort of dread that you'd feel facing your boss knowing you screwed up, maybe it's time to walk away...

vee669
05-29-14, 02:28 PM
I've gotten frustrated enough to take a moment out of my day to write this...report.

Mining? CRASH and then to add insult to injury I lose my bomb, my runes AND whatever extra items I get. I've lost at least 10 runes because it crashes before arbitrarily deciding to save.

No matter what I do, my game crashes. It used to not be so bad. It started to get worse about a year ago and seems to get more drastic when world events are happening or when Team Lava is trying to...persuade us to try one of their other games by sheer annoyance factor. I'm sure the amount of dragons I have isn't much helping but I think the "den" of dragon bugs the crushed weren't actually bugs, just little updates like foliage under the menu buttons, turning the text red for giving up coins for food...were those really necessary?

Technical details are that I'm using an iPod 4 touch. My OS is up to date, the game is up to date, background programs don't seem to matter as having none open doesn't seem to affect the crashing.

Personally I think they've got too much going on. The extra animations on the coins? Maybe too much. Making it mandatory to center whatever you're doing? Probably pulling down the lack of processor I have.

On a side note, is there anyone else experiencing almost a crash a minute while playing and what can I do? I enjoy my dragons, love giving them names (though I wish the names could be longer) but when you feel the same sort of dread that you'd feel facing your boss knowing you screwed up, maybe it's time to walk away...

Ahem....

I'm also in the same boat as you are with my iPod touch 4 I am so frustrated that I can't do anything in the game without it crashing. The game just crashed on me 5x when I was trying to move an island to another location. I fear having to do any mining cause I know I'm gonna not only lose a bomb but I'm also goning to lose whatever items I was able to mine.

I love this game but I am really starting to become annoyed with all the bugs and issues that Teamlava continues to ignore on this game.

vee669
05-29-14, 02:28 PM

Amen....

I'm also in the same boat as you are with my iPod touch 4 I am so frustrated that I can't do anything in the game without it crashing. The game just crashed on me 5x when I was trying to move an island to another location. I fear having to do any mining cause I know I'm gonna not only lose a bomb but I'm also goning to lose whatever items I was able to mine.

I love this game but I am really starting to become annoyed with all the bugs and issues that Teamlava continues to ignore on this game.

J85909266
06-01-14, 03:32 PM
I'm running the newest black Diamond version on Android, and the constant crashing and restarting has made the game literally unplayable. I might be able to complete one action before it crashes, that's it. I'm running the app on a Galaxy Note 2. It's a great phone, runs newer more demanding apps that this with no issues at all. Is there any hope for improvement?

Drachenia
06-01-14, 04:20 PM
Hello! Do they have a phone, IPad off and turned on again. 2 delete it Dragon Story from their device. IMPORTANT they have deposited a password here:
http://s14.directupload.net/images/140602/f9szstas.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)
Now install the game, if that has not helped yet again. Then they write an e mail to support TeamLava and describe exactly happen as their crashes.
Good luck

basbousayla
06-03-14, 10:48 AM
the crashing frequency gets to unacceptable rate, the only answer we get from TL support is you are using older device, stop background applications,
which is not convincing as even with no other applications running it still get into that state, the only solution is to close DS reboot then it will get to a less crashing rate, then few more hours it happens again,
it is becoming very annoying to play specifically when it get crashing on a particular action, so it take several attempts to get the action done.
apparently it is a SW problem they do not look into it

Ardnaxela97
06-06-14, 02:21 PM
-_- the app has always felt weak and finicky, teetering on crashing but I could bare it when it would crash and would just open it back up etc. Anyway it's now reached the point that it won't even open... at all. I have Android and everything is updated for me, I have moved it from my internal storage to my SD card, (which is what... the bugs and issues page said to do), cleared the cache, and I have restarted my phone. I never have other programs running in the background. I guess... I just won't be playing this anymore? I'm getting the impression that emailing in isn't worth it, and that TL can't actually help. It's just a web browser, the app, isn't it? It grabs everything from the internet. Gosh, if Youtube can load videos without buffer time on my phone it shouldn't be that hard to make something that doesn't collapse under a handful of KBs of data...

Eric1343
06-06-14, 03:47 PM
i have the same problem,i can t send gold, it s very slow to move on my screen and i can t plant the 5 fruit trees without freeze and forced close, i ve uninstall and reinstall the game several times ( Black Dragon ), it s still the same on my Samsung Galaxy S3 since a long time...

karaelolz
06-06-14, 05:16 PM
Leaving my frustrations about the ridiculous drawbacks that the android version of DS has aside, the game suddenly became unplayable today on my Galaxy S4. I'm 68lvl and before yesterday the game was just crashing once every other high level (100+) island I visited which was almost bearable.. since yesterday it started crashing from just about everything. There is a 90% chance it crashes after I visit ANY island, open the menu or submit a wall post on any wall... Hell I've been trying to post on my wall that I can't visit people back for the last hour and it just won't let me. I'm pretty sure I did not make any adjustment on my phone today besides updating my GO Launcher EX. So I uninstalled it and it still had the exact same issues.. what is going on?

Shadeow630fire
06-06-14, 07:22 PM
Huzzah, looks like I'm not the only one.

I was playing the game yesterday- totally fine, the occasional crash, no big deal. Now it crashes so much that I have to uninstall and re-install every single time I go to check the game, which is usually every few minutes or so; in short, I am re-installing the game about 40+ times within a few measly hours.

Just when I thought loosing my Pumpkin dragon and being forced to start all over was bad, I can't even play the game anymore!
...Actually, both those problems are equal, lol.

Natasha_07
06-06-14, 08:42 PM
I too thought I was the only one. The game crashes every single time I open it today, I'm on android DS Black Diamond version.

I did email last year I think when I stop visiting neighbors because every single time I visit game will crash, but nothing was resolved.

This is the third story game I'm having bugs with... LOL! In RS didn't get notification but it fix itself somehow, FS stuff disappeared from catalog, etc.

Funny thing is that all other apps on my tablet don't ever have an issue! LOL!

rhondakc
06-06-14, 09:05 PM
Yep, can't play this game at all. Crashes as soon as I open it. Uninstalled, reinstalled, did not help. Before this I couldnt visit neighbors, it would crash. If I tried to request maps, it would crash, but I tried to be patient However now it won't run at all. I guess I am finished.

elektraalpha
06-06-14, 09:24 PM
Got this today. Keep crashing. I don't know because I use android or not. But before this, visiting community (I assume IOS users) also crash the game.

Ardnaxela97
06-06-14, 09:35 PM
Hm, it kind of looks like everyone's issues have worsened today? Maybe they're moving servers today or something. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and DS won't crash before I even get to see my island, lol. Anyway I did uninstall and reinstall and I could get in once after that, but when I left and tried to come back later it wouldn't work again. Nobody has the time to uninstall and reinstall, so I hope they're actually fixing it right now, and that's why everyone is having more problems while they do ~secret~ maintenance.

Eric1343
06-07-14, 01:41 AM
it s still the same when the island screen appears the game closed i can t see if my neighbours send me gold or if they need help

The_Real_Chris_B
06-07-14, 03:05 AM
This game used to crash on me at least twice a day. That was tolerable although it shouldn't be considering how long this game has been on Android. If anything, it shouldn't crash at all considering it's only 1/10th of the game it is iOS.

However, starting today, I have crashed at least 15 times within 2 minutes. All I tried to do was harvest, plant, send Gold/maps, and collect money (that's all we can do on Android anyway). After every action, I crashed. Even when I wasn't doing anything but collect money, I crashed. It wasn't this bad before but today has been especially terrible.

I came on the forum specifically to see if anyone has mentioned this. Lo and behold, it has been mentioned. I haven't been on this forum since the parity thread was taken down since that really annoyed me. We Android/Kindle people have nowhere to plead for help. Not even in the game's home forum, such is incredibly sad.

What is causing this instability? It is such a simple game (the Android version at least) compared to other apps out there. Will there ever be a fix?

*I'm posting this from a thread that had just been closed as I was about to post it so it never got posted.*

SakuraShima
06-07-14, 03:07 AM
It happened for me since the quicksilver came out. Its lagged for a long time before but its unplayable now. I too am on android.

echo005
06-07-14, 04:08 AM
Dont think TL are interested and certainly dont listen (android parity ring any bells?).when springtime edition came out i continued with christmas as I could only play using this.kept trying the new version 'just in case lol' TL decided with enough ppl playing they might buck their ideas up and sort it-nah course not.black diamond version was for me fine for TWO weeks then lagging/crashing and now that christmas edition is totally unplayable I swapped back and can play I BIT at a time.i stop other running apps/force close/clear cache etc etc etc but no joy.fashion,pet,bakery and restaurant work fine without even having to shut down other running apps.plus I've noticed after 6pm (UK) time the lagging/crashing gets worse.running non TL games with no problem either.i pity ppl who have mobiles with a slower processor than mine cos they must have loads of patience to still be playing.all I can say is put your reviews of the game on play store so at least others can make their own minds up.i've had loads of high level neighbors pack the game in too.i'm on android btw

MightyB123
06-07-14, 05:33 AM
I have uninstalled my game since I can't do anything without it crashing every 5 seconds. Even when I'm trying to just collect coins from my habitats, it crashes. Even when trying to visit nieighbors or send return gold and send maps, it crashes. I have already made a report on the issues but whats the point.

echo005
06-07-14, 06:14 AM
Uninstalling normally makes no difference (been playing since feb last year) and sending reports go to PLAY STORE.i still send them but dont think they take notice.
.i did manage to collect coins but went into the market and it was so laggy trying to look at dragons then it crashed.waste of bl00dy time

echo005
06-07-14, 08:52 AM
Just taken me five attempts to try and post on my wall to regulars-who I would visit every day.crash crash crash.kooky can you have a word with somebody please?

DragonLair1789
06-07-14, 09:20 AM
I started having this issue yesterday. I open the game, collect a few coins, but it crashes as soon as I try to do anything else. No background apps running, restated, reloaded, fairly new phone, and tried different versions. Nothing works. Too many are having this problem, looks to me like it's a TL problem. Even before this, when I downloaded the black diamond version, you can't see some of the islands, some of the buildings, and this includes the evolution temple. I've tried reloading several times with no change. I'm on android.

andromedablack
06-07-14, 09:22 AM
I can't play the game since yesterday it crashes all the time,I can't even accept gold or send maps, I really can't do anything in the game anymore this is so annoying... My friend has the same problem too. We're both on Androids what's happening????

daddy1202
06-07-14, 09:23 AM
I haven't been able to play DS today and most of last night. Everytime my game loads it lags for about 20 seconds then it crashes or restarts. I can't even get through collecting coins from my habitats, barely can hatch an egg or breed without it shutting down. I have lost what could have been the dragons I'm trying for when I start a breed only to have the game crash and when I return it's like I never started it. I am level 139 and would like to continue playing this game. TL, please fix this issue or help me resolve it on my end. I am playing on Android platform.

None of my other TL games are having this problem.

Mythdefied
06-07-14, 09:33 AM
I'm on Android and as of yesterday I can't play at all. It opens, then freezes and crashes. Closing background programs does nothing. The only thing that works is uninstalling and reinstalling the game, then it will open exactly once. After that it goes back to opening, freezing and crashing. The version of the game doesn't matter, it does the same thing with all versions. I'm likely going to have to stop playing the game all together.

meechtress
06-07-14, 12:40 PM
I am on android. Motorola Zoom. Have had problems with game crashing for year or so..but never as bad as now. No matter what I do, I get to do one thing before it crashes. No programs running in background. My other teamlava games do not crash. Have tried uninstalling and reininstalling, makes no difference. Its just too frustrating to play. I am on level 117 and will be there until they fix this glitch. Is it only android players experiencing this?

kooky panda
06-07-14, 12:45 PM
Hey guys, for the current android crashing issues. TL is currently looking into this.
See current Bug thread here. (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?69753-Dragon-Story-in-android-not-enter!-help!&p=916122&viewfull=1#post916122)