PDA

View Full Version : Open Issue Connection Issues / Lost Tickets

boxesj
05-03-14, 03:41 PM
I have entered a tournament today and won the first game. It says I have entered the semi final. In the tournament table I can see my opponent I suppose to play in semi final, and the other semi final seems finished as there is one player showing in the final part. I waited and waited but semi final game never started and I was forced to quit the tournament obviously I didn't win either.

We're currently aware that many players are encountering connection issues. We're investigating the matter and hope to make improvements as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience! ~ FrozenTurtle

ppayne4
05-04-14, 08:47 AM
My opponent ran out of time and it said "waiting on opponent" for several minutes then said game timed out and took me back to main screen this happened twice and I lost 16 tickets in the process. I don't think it's fair that I lost these considering I didn't even get to play

chokdii
05-04-14, 02:00 PM
I agree. It happened to me once to. It's bad enough the timer for new tickets is set at a ridiculous time but to ave this happen as well is terrible.

GooglyMoogly22
05-05-14, 10:31 AM
I'm playing in tournaments and sometimes it says 'waiting on opponent' so I wait and then after some time it says 'you lose'! LOL This happened at least 3 times...I'm spending real money to get these coins to enter these tournaments. This game needs some work.

kooky panda
05-05-14, 10:48 AM
I will report this over.

glitterbabies
05-05-14, 11:11 AM
My opponent ran out of time and it said "waiting on opponent" for several minutes then said game timed out and took me back to main screen this happened twice and I lost 16 tickets in the process. I don't think it's fair that I lost these considering I didn't even get to play

This just happened to me too.

How annoying considering you only get so many tickets a day and now way to get more tickets until they replenish.

FrozenTurtle
05-05-14, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the report! We're aware of an issue that happens when your opponent gets disconnected. We're working on a fix for it, but please email support@sharkparty.com if you have any additional concerns.

glitterbabies
05-05-14, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the report! We're aware of an issue that happens when your opponent gets disconnected. We're working on a fix for it, but please email support@sharkparty.com if you have any additional concerns.

are tickets going to be replaced or are we just out the tickets that were taken for a game that wasn't completed through no fault of our own?

ppayne4
05-05-14, 01:36 PM
Yeah will my tickets be replaced?

kooky panda
05-05-14, 01:40 PM
I would sent an email to support@sharkparty.com to inquire about getting the tickets back .

ppayne4
05-06-14, 03:27 AM
Just wanted to let you know this hapemed AGAIN

ppayne4
05-06-14, 05:09 AM
This happened again this morning! :cool:

ppayne4
05-06-14, 05:11 AM
:mad::mad:

ppayne4
05-06-14, 08:29 AM
I would sent an email to support@sharkparty.com to inquire about getting the tickets back .

I did this this morning. How long should I expect to hear back?

tasteofheavenowner
05-08-14, 05:33 AM
The same thing keeps happening to me it says connecting to servers and then it freezes and I quit the game then lose my tickets and the game when I was actually about to win. It's pretty annoying considering I waited 21 hours for my measly 40 tickets. Please fix this it has happened a few times and will make me want to not play this game beyond playing it for gems for other games.

tasteofheavenowner
05-08-14, 05:35 AM
Let me know it you actually hear back from them.

nicxole
05-08-14, 04:59 PM
This game is awful.... any time someone disconnects, I get timed out. I am rewarded no XP and I don't get my tickets back. Refund our tickets if someone quits!

masterswordman
05-09-14, 03:56 AM
I was playing a game in the tournament. I was forced out of my game & I did not get the diamond I am suppose to get for downloading the jackpot game. I was going to play the final but I was forced out. I did not get any coins in return.

auroramom
05-12-14, 01:22 PM
I absolutely hate this game! I don't know how many times the opponent has timed out (must be the connectivity issue) and I wait and then am told that because of opponent forfeit that I need to try again and I have lost my tickets! I don't exit the game myself, but I have lost tickets and no experience points. This is just so frustrating and I think this problem should have been fixed before bringing it out. Also, as so many have said the wait for tickets is too long because you can only play a few games a day. Today I had 2 timeouts of opponents out of the few games I could have played.

bigbux3
05-12-14, 05:01 PM
I'm so tired of losing my tickets! It's happened to me 3 times now!

terryhm
05-12-14, 11:33 PM
So when can we expect a fix, this makes the game unplayable 900 coins wasted without even losing a match

raccoon303
05-12-14, 11:47 PM
Lost 20 Tickets today due to "connection problems" by opponent. I always waited till the game abortet waiting. Yesterday I lost 7 Tickets. Will they be refunded somehow, or is it maybe an intentional "problem"?

TimeForACuppaTea
05-13-14, 09:55 AM
I'm so mad:mad:. Had connection issues. But waited them out, cause sometimes if I'm patient they resolve themselves and I can finish the game. Plus I was winning. The connection went in and out several times but I managed to WIN the game. Just as the game ended I got a message saying something along the lines of "Due to connection issues your game was forfeit" so I got no XP and didn't get my tickets back. Nothing!! I freaking WON the game and got nothing. This needs to be fixed yesterday.

FrozenTurtle
05-13-14, 10:47 AM
Sorry guys! While we are investigating these causes, we are also looking at alternatives to decrease the amount of lost connections. We can't say when we might be able to resolve the issue, so we really appreciate your patience!

meme1098
05-13-14, 11:28 AM
In the mean time, at least fix the lost tickets problem by not deducting any when connection issues occur.
The connection issue is happening on my iPad as I type this. Well, there goes my 8 tickets. Now I have but 1 game left. Not because of anything I did either.

Bauxjangles
05-13-14, 01:19 PM
It's so frustrating losing tickets. I lost 14 tickets while I was just being paired up for a game. I don't know what is worse; getting into a game and getting kicked out or losing them from weird connection issues in pairings. And I lost like 1200 coins after I lost in a tournament. I think that the servers might not be able to handle the increase of people they got from advertising this game in their other games.

nicxole
05-13-14, 04:13 PM
Ridiculous how many tickets we are losing. While you're "looking into" this, can you double the number of tickets we get for now or something helpful

meme1098
05-14-14, 02:46 PM
Well, today even before the actual game started the connection problem occurred & I lost 8 tickets. The opponents pic was loaded but it never even got to the table when the connection window popped up. I didn't even get to do a darn thing & lost tickets anyway. What a crock! Tickets should be reverted back to your account if connection issues occur. These are out of our control so why are we penalized for it?

3cala
05-15-14, 10:46 PM
I hope they refund us some of the tickets and credit the wins back. I just lost all my tickets and wasn't credited a win due to an apparent connection issue. Far too many times are people getting hung up....it's just hangs for a but and then all of a sudden game is over.

bigbux3
05-17-14, 03:03 PM
It's so impossible to play this game.
Sometimes, when it's my opponent's turn, they take "a long time supposedly" until the clock runs out and instead of it going to my turn, it says "Waiting for opponent" in the bottom left for about 5-10 minutes straight.
This game is really glitchy. I might delete it soon

misteedance
05-17-14, 08:45 PM
Ok so hear is my question / concern I will be in the middle of a game and I will get the connection issue wait wait and then wait some more. Then bam all of a sudden the player will come back into the game but it's not the same person. What I mean by this is they will make every shot in a split second and all of a sudden they start talking or commenting all of the time which they never did before. So my theory is at this point I am playing agains the computer. Which I find very unfair if that is your fix for this connection issue I would rather not play as I'm sure there are many other players that would feel this way. Especially beings how I have ran into the computer in the tournaments. Please fix this issue properly and quit having us play against a computer that is made to be perfect:mad:

mintylc
05-18-14, 02:24 AM
the online game was forced to exit to the opening scene and my tickets vanished before I could play

raccoon303
05-18-14, 08:54 AM
Ok, I always loved their games, but this is unbearable. There still is no fix and, of course, no refund of any sort.

mineeemee
05-19-14, 03:38 AM
I keep losing tickets either game loses connection this happened when I've won a game too do didn't get rewards  or I've go to start game n screen goes blank n returns to front screen n again I've lost tickets  ;(

Tees2345
05-19-14, 10:15 AM
I guess what is troubling is I am being asked to get to a certain level for another Storm 8 game and I just lost all of my tickets for the next 18 hours and received nothing because of the disconnection issues.

jodi0122
05-20-14, 09:45 AM
I also lost all my tickets today after only playing 2 games because of connection issues... frustrating :(

avian946
05-20-14, 12:44 PM
I'm I the same boat! I can guarantee that when my new batch of 50 tickets come along I will loose ten of them because of connection issues! I'm also not happy because I emailed support and got an email back blaming MY internet connection, and they said they cannot refund tickets because they do not have the ability to do that, which is nonsense! After I emailed them again to call them out on this I got a generic message back saying thanks for your feedback, it's been passed on. I'm not playing this game anymore, annoys me to much!

Tees2345
05-20-14, 04:43 PM
Haaaa! Thought I was about to make it through my first game in days. Down to 2 balls left and "sorry...yada yada yada" Almost a joke now.

Can I just get my Farm Story 2 gems for trying to play this game and move on??????

3cala
05-20-14, 09:48 PM
This is getting reeeeeeeealy annoying. The stability issue is getting worse. Can't get thru one game. I just want my gems so I can move on. Pool should be fun, not annoying

esmeetje1990
05-21-14, 01:28 PM
I don't normally have connection issues or issues with losing tickets, except for the occasional very long 'waiting for opponent' time, but just now I finally made it to a tournament finale and then nothing happened and I had to force close... Boohoo

FrozenTurtle
05-21-14, 01:38 PM
We're sorry for your continued troubles with this issue. We are still working to resolve it. Please email support@sharkparty.com if you need any additional assistance.

marrrina
05-21-14, 06:49 PM
Just experienced this for the first time. Normally, if there's a connection issue mid-game I got refunded. I just experienced the issue waiting to be matched to another player and lost 10 tickets without ever getting to play. Tickets shouldn't be deducted until a game is actually in progress

laurie20
05-22-14, 09:39 PM
I have repeatedly lost tickets and money due to connection issues,a few minutes ago I paid 600 to enter tournament and it took my coin and connection dropped me back to main menu with no credit once again really frustrated happens so much disappointed as it takes a while to earn coin

3cala
05-22-14, 11:04 PM
Why is the connection so finicky with this game. Just trying to get thru to level 9 so I can get my gems but it keeps losing my tickets or hanging up and losing my game. Argh

marrrina
06-01-14, 06:55 AM
My game had a pop-up about waiting on the server. Then it said due to disconnecting my game was forfeited. 10 tickets lost.

Jofach
06-01-14, 09:36 PM
Hi, in all i think i lost about 20 tickets and some 5 tournaments that i won but didnt get any price money due to connection problems. Please, this is gamle is fun but all this bugs turns it in to []!

bjuiil
06-03-14, 08:12 PM
Just today alone, I lost 33 tickets. Everyday, I end up losing between 20 and 30+ tickets. I think it's a big lie and waste of time that they say to contact the company as it's the same shadiness that goes on in all their other games. This company is not wasting 10 cents on because they use shady ways to rip off their gamers.

BabeWatch
06-04-14, 02:12 AM
I lose tickets when opponent is being selected and if there is no name for opponent just an avatar, i get put back to the pool rooms page never enter room and tickets gone. ALSO cue ball goes to opponent the sec timer runs out, my opponents timer runs out it says waiting on opponent, and it will freaking wait, how do they get the extra time? Ive waited for opponent after his timer ran out for two minutes before. I have never recieved cue ball by timer running out.

BabeWatch
06-04-14, 02:13 AM
If you contact the company they will consider case closed if you dont login to storm8 support and respond to there response to your complaint

eatup2
06-04-14, 10:56 AM
This game is mega wack! I lose tickets EVERY DAY due to bugs! Ugh! I entered the tournament for 900 coin and then it just kicked me back to the main page. I didn't play one match just lost 900 coin. Major major bugs!!!!!

Cozzyman
06-06-14, 05:30 PM
This game is mega wack! I lose tickets EVERY DAY due to bugs! Ugh! I entered the tournament for 900 coin and then it just kicked me back to the main page. I didn't play one match just lost 900 coin. Major major bugs!!!!!

This game just sucks. People are paying good money and get ripped of. There should be refunds, or the game shut down until these issues are fixed.

cheechnme
06-07-14, 07:43 PM
This game just sucks. People are paying good money and get ripped of. There should be refunds, or the game shut down until these issues are fixed.

I'm having the same issue I like the game hate the bugs!!! I lose at least 10 tickets some times more a day!

FrozenTurtle
06-09-14, 10:24 AM
I'm having the same issue I like the game hate the bugs!!! I lose at least 10 tickets some times more a day!

Sorry about that! Please follow-up with any support ticket you already have.

eatup2
06-09-14, 11:08 AM
Lost tickets again. A day doesn't go by without this happening. And I don't mean by playing either! Bugs!

My favorite bug is when you enter a tournament to be booted out. HARD earned coins down the drain. Coins don't come easy in this game.

TL! If you cannot fix the lost connection problem. Can you design a fail safe way to refund lost coins or tickets? Instead of a lost connection message, have the game refund what was used by the gamer (coins/tickets). I could care less if I have to start a game over. Losing coins or tickets is a million times more frustrating. Please don't say this already exist! Because it has only happened once out of 20 lost connections.

debbieto
06-17-14, 10:46 AM
I have been REALLY patient with this game. I have struggled, and I do mean STRUGGLED for 21 levels. These connection error bugs are just ridiculous. I never get to play my full days worth of tickets (right now that is 60 tickets or 6 games of pool ), because I usually lose at least 20 a day to "connection errors". I just now got into the semi-finals of a tournament, only to be "booted out due to connection errors" when my opponent timed out on her turn. This is not the first time this has happened. 600 coins a pop for a tournament is a lot of games, when you consider I lost most of tickets due to crashes (and losses). The game does not give enough tickets to begin with, and is unfair in that you have level 40 players entering a tournament in a room where mostly beginning players are (since they cannot go anyplace else). I play many of your games and usually they are great. That is why I am tired to hang in there hoping these issues would be fixed. However, I am about at the end of my rope here.. if things do not change very soon, I will be deleting this game.

jdnyc123
06-28-14, 12:49 PM

This has happened to me at least three times now. I'm furious since I paid cash for tickets.

ZoesDreamland
07-04-14, 02:08 PM
It's so impossible to play this game.
Sometimes, when it's my opponent's turn, they take "a long time supposedly" until the clock runs out and instead of it going to my turn, it says "Waiting for opponent" in the bottom left for about 5-10 minutes straight.
This game is really glitchy. I might delete it soon

Same here

ZoesDreamland
07-04-14, 02:57 PM
This has happened to me at least three times now. I'm furious since I paid cash for tickets.

I kicked out 2 times tickets and 2 times tournaments today, so i buy some tickets to have some fun and what happens, 1 i play other one booted out, cant understand why you cant fix this bug, its real money i lost not the free things. Give me my paid 11 tickets back ... To sad that it ****s fun
Bahhhhhh

bsp41f
07-06-14, 05:38 PM
I too am having the same problem - two tournaments - connection issues - not mine I'm next to my router! I was in the final for one of them and well set to win! Now I've lost all the coins! Please tell us you're working on fixing this problem

unixguy2
07-07-14, 10:12 AM
I too have lost coins when a pool tournament froze up. I know it's been reported already but come on. It's been two months. Is this an ongoing problem or a new set of bugs? I will try emailing maybe I can get my lost coins back.

opal308
07-08-14, 02:26 PM
When I tried to load the game, it kept searching for an opponent then reset to the opening screen. This happened 3 times and I lost tickets each time. Two times I lost 11 tickets and then the third time I lost 10 tickets.

kooky panda
07-08-14, 02:34 PM
When I tried to load the game, it kept searching for an opponent then reset to the opening screen. This happened 3 times and I lost tickets each time. Two times I lost 11 tickets and then the third time I lost 10 tickets.

Please send an email to support@sharkparty.com

We're sorry for your continued troubles with this issue. We are still working to resolve it. Please email support@sharkparty.com if you need any additional assistance.

gzoo2
07-28-14, 04:49 AM
I am so frustrated that they won't get around to fixing this issue when it is happening so frequently!! I have lost hundreds of tickets, thousands of coins, reported dozens of these errors right when it happens with lots of notes to pinpoint exactly how and when it occurs. What I learned is that they CAN refund you BUT will only do it once even though we can't control their system errors. I gave up thinking that they care about their loyal players long ago.

gzoo2
07-28-14, 04:52 AM
Sorry to see yet another victim. Maybe one day we'll actually get to finish a game (or dare I say two games?) together. It's crazy that they won't even take suggestions like allowing free play in the practice room or inviting people. SOOO LAME!

VGailP
09-17-14, 07:06 PM
I will report this over.

This has been reported several times I see. This is happening constantly. It has happened 4 times to me in the past couple days. This usually happens at the 8 ball shot. Suddenly you are waiting,have no cue, timer counting down..then it says you didn't hit the 8ball and opponent wins. This is very unfair when we use our tickets,money,etc.. On the game. The least you could do is give some free tickets for what we have lost!

VGailP
09-17-14, 07:08 PM
Sorry to see yet another victim. Maybe one day we'll actually get to finish a game (or dare I say two games?) together. It's crazy that they won't even take suggestions like allowing free play in the practice room or inviting people. SOOO LAME!

I agree with you! Having to pay to practice is lame..then waiting 21 hrs to get 50 tickets..then it freezes and you lose those lol. And the number of gems it costs for tickets grrrrrr"

angeleyes17
09-25-14, 07:18 AM
My games keeps freezing no matter what room I am playing in. As soon as start to take a shot, I get the message that I am either waiting for an opponent or there is a connection issue. I have Wifi and my phone plan, so I highly doubt my connection is an issue. I've been booted out of games and lost tickets multiple times, and the fun of playing is quickly dwindling. Will they ever fix this?

angeleyes17
09-30-14, 05:00 AM
Every. Single. Game..... every single game either disconnects, gives me a "waiting for opponent" on every shot, or just freezes. This game isn't even fun anymore and it doesn't appear to be addressed by Shark Party. There's other pool games that are just as fun, and I think we should just look elsewhere.

grammaLuLu
11-07-14, 06:42 AM
I've been having the same problems. When are you hoping to fix this.

grammaLuLu
11-07-14, 06:44 AM
So this was a problem in July of 2013. November of 2014 & issues still not fixed.

winglvr
06-16-15, 04:05 PM
This just happened to me = AGAIN. Had 80 tickets. Started game. Other player was supposed to break but they didn't so I got it. Then immediately went to waiting for opponent. After almost the entire time the game came back, replayed my break and the other player started hitting ball. Then it again said waiting for opponent. then the screen said there were probems with the connection. Then it disconnected me, and took 20 tickets. And I was recorded as losing. WTH? How come this never happens in my favor and how come it keeps happening??? And how come there is no way to send an email from the game on this? When are you going to fix these issues? How about making the player with connection issues the loser instead of me?

essen139
08-23-15, 09:33 AM
Happens frequently! Even worse is what also happened 5 times allready to me. I won the tournament and never received the coins. 3 x 7200 and 2 x 2400.

mvagusta456
10-13-15, 07:26 AM
So this was a problem in July of 2013. November of 2014 & issues still not fixed.

Come on update the game its now 2015

G4TB88T
02-16-16, 09:28 AM
Similar things have happened to me. 😤 It's not just irritating, it infuriates me! 😡😩

winglvr
03-15-16, 04:34 PM
It's happening again. The game tells me that I am waiting on my opponent and then I get a notice that since I disconnected the game was forfeited. It seems like this has been fixed and now it's back. And on top of that we lose the game and a turn to play. Why can't you make it that if an opponent loses connectivity they lose? That would be more fair than what is happening.

And while I am commenting I may as well state that I absolutely hate playing the computer players. Why don't you stop that as well? I would rather wait and come back another time when players are busy than play a computer.

Bauxjangles
07-09-16, 05:26 PM
Has this game been abandoned or something? The last update was a year ago and it just has the feel of an app that was left to die. The glitches are absolutely insane. I've lost easily 40,000 coins from tournaments that I've been kicked out of after the app crashed, and it seems like there are only AIs available to play. Is this game dead or just neglected?

Mark_McCormick
08-24-16, 12:26 PM
For me the Connection Issues are Not only to blame to the app. It happended to me very often that e.g. in a Tournament i win the semi-final and just after the Black is in the hole, the Connection error occurs. Mostly very Good Players can't lose and press the home Button just in that Moment the Black goes in. They hope that then an Connection failur occurs. They ruine my Tournament and the that of the second Finalist because when he comes to the final no Player is there to Play with. He can wait endless.