PDA

View Full Version : Golden Obelisk

idrispad
05-01-14, 01:17 AM
Am I right in thinking I've just wasted 500,000 coins and a fair amount of time crafting a useless decoration??

DrP4ever
05-01-14, 01:50 AM
Sad but true. Yes, it is just a decoration for your castle grounds.

SpiritWind00
05-01-14, 01:53 AM
Am I right in thinking I've just wasted 500,000 coins and a fair amount of time crafting a useless decoration??

Well, it's a decoration yes.. Useless... Up to you! I've seen kingdoms with up to 15 of them as their theme but I imagine that there are quite a lot in storage (mine is). Sorry you feel disappointed.������

idrispad
05-01-14, 02:04 AM
Thanks!

I assumed that, given the effort and cost involved, it would generate some kind of income or maybe added royal points. 500k seems excessive and, as the culmination of a set of goals, kind of a disappointment! I wish I'd known this before I went ahead and crafted all those gold bars.

Edit to add: I guess it's kind of like the Baron himself. Takes a lot of coin but of no practical use :)

SpiritWind00
05-01-14, 04:29 AM
Yep he can be a right stinker! Glad you can see the funny side!

Chaotarch
05-02-14, 05:05 AM
Give the obelisk 25-50RP and i would replace.
and with enough RP i would know what i do with my millions in the future...:cool:

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-02-14, 09:34 AM
Well, it's a decoration yes.. Useless... Up to you! I've seen kingdoms with up to 15 of them as their theme but I imagine that there are quite a lot in storage (mine is). Sorry you feel disappointed.������

15 of them!?!? Holy golden obelisks, batman!
...so, I take it that means the option to craft them stays in the forge even after you make the one for the goal??

roguebee
05-02-14, 09:57 AM
You can buy them in the market. They are one way to soak up excess coins.

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-02-14, 11:41 AM
You can buy them in the market. They are one way to soak up excess coins.
Ohhhh, lol, ok, didn't realize that ... I guess that opens after you've made one (guess you can tell I'm obelisk-free at this point lol)

LadyLolepere
05-03-14, 11:10 AM
I've decided not to complete that quest at this time. I need to buy land (I need mores space for what I already have). I also need to spend my money on rocks!

Bahaqueen
05-03-14, 01:52 PM
Very disappointed indeed😤

zalzabar
06-15-14, 08:19 AM
I'm glad I took the time to check the forums before hitting forge on the golden nuggets. Thank you for saving me time, space and resources.
No golden obelisk for me .... At least not at this stage!

tigarlilyvol
06-15-14, 11:29 AM
I saw it as a long rang goal and worked on it a little at a time just to finally get it out of my goal book. I got tired of seeing it there, kept it out a while just to know I did it.....now in storage.

zalzabar
06-16-14, 08:46 AM
I saw it as a long rang goal and worked on it a little at a time just to finally get it out of my goal book. I got tired of seeing it there, kept it out a while just to know I did it.....now in storage.

Lol! I know the feeling of being tired just looking at a goal but I'm not ready to waste 10 golden nuggets and 500,000 gold coins over something that's just going to sit there and take up space.

tigarlilyvol
06-16-14, 10:44 AM
Lol! I know the feeling of being tired just looking at a goal but I'm not ready to waste 10 golden nuggets and 500,000 gold coins over something that's just going to sit there and take up space.

I was doing this before we were getting weekly updates and goals. There was a long time between anything new to work on, so this was one of the last goals along with trials an tributes. Had time and coins to spend on it.