PDA

View Full Version : Boost Breed Free (IOS)

Pages : [1] 2

buttabdullah99
04-29-14, 01:30 PM
More chances to Breed rare super rare or ultra rare dragons till Friday ;););) I am so stupid just breed and used simple breed :((:(:(

Edit (KP)

Elsa;967546']Boosted Breeding increases your chance to breed Rares, but it doesn't guarantee it. So while you have a higher chance to get those Dragons, you still have the opportunity to receive Commons.

With that being said, each breed is a new roll. So, you could breed 15 times normal and get Islands for all of them or you could get lucky and get the rare you wanted the first time. What Boosted Breeding does is slightly boosts your chances of rolling a Rare for each breed you use it on.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/c8662c9d-7224-44ad-b6fa-7d2021704a68_zps70a75397.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/c8662c9d-7224-44ad-b6fa-7d2021704a68_zps70a75397.png.html)

awsumum
04-29-14, 01:44 PM
I didn't use boosted breed but I did get crusader trying for pinata dragon (combo used diamond/reindeer)

Amber498
04-29-14, 01:54 PM
I got the popup about boosted breed being free, but it's still 12 gold in my game.

[S8] Elsa
04-29-14, 02:04 PM
I got the popup about boosted breed being free, but it's still 12 gold in my game.

Visit a neighbor or relog. You just need to refresh your board.

metsfreek
04-29-14, 02:26 PM
Got Pi?ata first try! What should I try for next! Trojan, Cerberus, Trip Rainbow? Oracle? So many options

kooky panda
04-29-14, 02:48 PM
Got Pi?ata first try! What should I try for next! Trojan, Cerberus, Trip Rainbow? Oracle? So many options
I am going for Trip rainbow when my den gets free!

dangerb0y
04-29-14, 03:01 PM
Cool. Amber and platinum just got me diamond on boosted breed

Technically it's not free. It's 200 coins.

Sylvrthrne
04-29-14, 03:21 PM
Does this apply for all IOS users? I've refreshed several times, and no pop-up, and my breeding den still says 12 gold?

madooo911
04-29-14, 03:32 PM
Good one. And poor android

MikeyIsle
04-29-14, 03:38 PM
I got the message about free boosted breeding. What is that and how do I go about using it?

Amber498
04-29-14, 03:57 PM
Elsa;894191']Visit a neighbor or relog. You just need to refresh your board.
Thank you! Force closed worked. Sweet event. :)

Amber498
04-29-14, 04:02 PM
:D Finally got lacewing on the 52nd attempt, thanks to the boost breed event. :D

Zummat
04-29-14, 04:13 PM
:D Finally got lacewing on the 52nd attempt, thanks to the boost breed event. :D

Congrats! Lacewing has eluded me too so maybe I'll get one with the free boost breed. What combo did you use?

Sparkly888
04-29-14, 07:05 PM
Hmmm. Going for Flower with Boosted breeding and getting Life's, Fruitfuls and Loves. Happily they are fairly short hatching times. Not really impressed with boosted breeding with these kind of results.

Amber498
04-29-14, 09:28 PM
Congrats! Lacewing has eluded me too so maybe I'll get one with the free boost breed. What combo did you use?
Thank you! Diamond/origami. Good luck to you. :D

hugpete
04-29-14, 09:39 PM

But breeding is 200 coins...so it's the same you would be paying for regular breeding. Which makes is kinda free, if you were going to breed anyway! :)

matchbox222
04-29-14, 09:39 PM
Cool. Amber and platinum just got me diamond on boosted breed

I was thinking the same thing

mintylc1980
04-29-14, 11:01 PM
This event did not show up on my device. The golden bars are on sale. But I haven't receive any pop-up about the deal nor the free boost breed. My friend got the pop-up and I logged in my account on his iphone4. I did not show up, either!

storm8 ID:mintylc1980
device:iPad, IOS5.1.1
game version:1.9.2

akanksha2001
04-29-14, 11:05 PM
The pop up didn't appear for me, but when I went to breed, boosted breed was for 200 coins! Bred diamond and melody, in the hope for unicorn or angel and got 16 hours! It's a tiny! I didn't have one before, so of course I'm happy!!! The boosted breed has always given me a new dragon!
(I've used it thrice before this for 12 gold and got a mardi gras, a laserlight and a metal, which I didn't have at that time!)

shield14
04-29-14, 11:15 PM
I have just used "free" boosted breeding trying for Cosmic, have spent 58 gold for speeding and get nothing but Genies.
This feature doesn't work properly ;) on my Island.

mintylc1980
04-29-14, 11:32 PM
The golden bars are on sale now. But I did not receive any pop-up and no free boost breed. My friends got the deal so I logged in my account with his iPhone4 and it still doesn't show up!

storm8ID:mintylc1980
Device:iPad
IOS:5.1.1
Game Version: 1.9.2

I just got my pop-up now. Don't understand the time delay though.

rene2222
04-30-14, 12:01 AM
Gold is on sale. I do not get the free boost breed either.

freesiawoods
04-30-14, 12:11 AM
No popup but boosted breed only 200 coins. Got a Virtue, arggh!

Anyuszko
04-30-14, 12:15 AM
Aww... with mythic and quetzal I got 44 hrs... I am not really happy coz I got all possible diamond hybrids what I can get from this combo

susbebe
04-30-14, 12:57 AM
Don't work on my account. Have close game, I pad, visit neighbours, empty folder ect... But still stool over 20 gold or sow :(

nilni
04-30-14, 01:16 AM
I just got my second Diamond before this event... I think I have to speed it up by gold if I want to join this event.

cindy7200
04-30-14, 01:50 AM
I am somewhat new to this Dragon Story game and know nothing about this Breed Boosting thing!! so how does it work please

ciarjen
04-30-14, 02:06 AM
I am somewhat new to this Dragon Story game and know nothing about this Breed Boosting thing!! so how does it work please

Usually it costs gold and it means you have a higher percentage chance of getting a rare, super rare and ultra rare dragon. In this event it is available for coins rather than gold. Just make sure you tap the correct selection when you breed (I ended tapping the wrong one this morning :p)

Opinions are varied about whether it is worth using when you have to pay gold. A lot of people are trying for ultra rare dragons and you may have to try many hundreds of times to breed them, so even with a higher chance of getting them, boosted breed may not be successful.

chalupa2030
04-30-14, 02:09 AM
I think we all get offers at different times. I didn't have mine all day yesterday ~ closed app, visited neighbors, still nothing.

Just woke up, logged in and there it was! All the new pop ups too!

Patience, Grasshoppers:)

MakJulos
04-30-14, 02:45 AM
Boosted breeding is normally nothing but a waste of gold, but last time there was a free boosted breeding event it actually produced a couple special dragons for me - i'm quite sure that it's not just the pricetag that's different during these events. And this time first attempt gave a Hunter dragon using Quetzal/Night, not a superfancy dragon but still one i was missing, so very nice indeed!

viridium
04-30-14, 02:47 AM
The boost breeding for free does not work at the moment or must i wait ,because i started the breeding yesterday ?

MakJulos
04-30-14, 02:53 AM
The boost breeding for free does not work at the moment or must i wait ,because i started the breeding yesterday ?

If you've gotten the popup informing about the Free Boosted Breeding (well the fee is a cheap 200 silver, bargain) then you SHOULD have the actual event going on too, but in DS you never know...and difficult telling if you have stuff breeding already - for me it worked totally ok though.

jtm101
04-30-14, 04:07 AM
Nothing good for me with boosted breeding yet... 5 commons then a 33hr rare fail. I'm tempted to use normal breeding next time, i think it produces better results for me.

viridium
04-30-14, 04:28 AM
Now it worked ,but then there os again a timer of 22 does this mean i will get a egg which needs normally 44 hours ? Wow i will get a diamond!

chewytwix
04-30-14, 04:34 AM
Got an eclipse with the boosted breed this morning...finally! :)

tromalyt
04-30-14, 05:15 AM
Well, I got the message this morning.

The thing is that I was trying zodiac dragons by breeding Leo and Diamond and YESTERDAY night I got a 44 hours egg. I guess It was due to the boost breeding thing. I am thingking about rushing the breed. :P

chalupa2030
04-30-14, 06:08 AM
I got my eclipse!! I have wanted this dragon forever! Diamond and Diamond!

The funny thing is that I didn't even use boosted breeding! I got up just now to speed it up TO use it for Saturn.

So I think it just kicks it by itself...I never clicked on it. It's probably automatic.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/MidnightKiss4u/f26a699195bdb79b1e2646a3a80f78a9.jpg

unto0chable87
04-30-14, 07:08 AM
Boosted breed but only a common dragon. :(

brandonu
04-30-14, 07:21 AM
Boosted breeding Diamond and Saturn. 20 hours! Yeah! Magic!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!

:(

buttabdullah99
04-30-14, 07:26 AM
Guys I think this time boost breed is not that much good as before last time it was sooo good every breed new dragon but now commans :(:(:(

BlueCanary
04-30-14, 07:33 AM
Used the boosted breed three times and have gotten Genie, Lacewing and now Charm in the den. So the Lacewing is awesome, and while I don't think the results are good enough to actually spend gold on, its nice to get a chance to play around with it :)

MakJulos
04-30-14, 07:52 AM
Boosted breeding Diamond and Saturn. 20 hours! Yeah! Magic!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!

:(

Ugh that really stinks...boosted breeding is usually just a big joke, another goldtrap, but i have had good results during the last event where it was free and also first try now - maybe this first try was just lucky coincidence hmm...

The boosted breeding is one of the reasons i'm not spending any money on DS - one cannot expect instant successes always from it that would be too naive, but paying extra gold (when no event going on) just to get another common dragon, done that too many times...

Well, let's hope for the best, but not get hopes up too much...good luck next try brandonu, and everyone else too!

AuntyRose32
04-30-14, 07:53 AM
Boost bred Virtue and Magic and got my Lacewing!! I'm so happy, I had tried so many times to get Lacewing with no success. Tried for Triple Rainbow next but I just got Rainbow, not speeding it up. Hopefully I'll get it next time. Thanks TL.

jellyxbelly
04-30-14, 09:04 AM
Used boosted breed and got eclipse my third try!

brandonu
04-30-14, 09:13 AM
I was mainly kidding about my results, it happens. Last time around I got Big Bad and I couldn't have been happier.

I might try Quetzal and Lotus next and see if I can fall into a Diamond Hybrid or Hunter/Troll.

LemonadeMouth173
04-30-14, 09:14 AM
Used boosted breed and got eclipse my third try!

Can u share ur combo, plz? Thanx!

dalexxx
04-30-14, 10:01 AM
Can u share ur combo, plz? Thanx!

Got mine with diamond and cosmic...

On my second account i tried boosted headless and quetzal and got 21hrs :: (

freshfunin2008
04-30-14, 10:11 AM
I only use boosted breed during free periods like this but I have found I just get common and rare dragons when using it. All my ultra rare and super rare where with out boosted breed and with out the diamond temple.

AwesomeChefDad
04-30-14, 10:47 AM
Its almost funny, does boosted actually do anything outside bug us users? I've never got anything of value and I dont expect it this time either.

MakJulos
04-30-14, 11:00 AM
Its almost funny, does boosted actually do anything outside bug us users? I've never got anything of value and I dont expect it this time either.

Well, generally boosted breeding does bugging better than breeding, that's for sure.... I have actually gotten nice dragons from it, but only during these "free" events - normally it's only good for getting rid of gold, and bugging me yes!:eek:

susbebe
04-30-14, 11:47 AM
Waited all day, still no free boost for me. Why? When I open game this morning it say free boost until Friday. Have close game, visit neighbours and all that... Have iOS but still ask for gold when I will boost. Not only on my iPad but on my iPhone too :(:confused:

But no problem buying the gold on discount lol

MakJulos
04-30-14, 11:56 AM
Waited all day, still no free boost for me. Why? When I open game this morning it say free boost until Friday. Have close game, visit neighbours and all that... Have iOS but still ask for gold when I will boost. Not only on my iPad but on my iPhone too :(:confused:

Silly question perhaps, sorry if so, but when you open up breeding den, have you checked that page good? It's not actually free, price for boosted breeding is 200 silver - a nice bargain tbh - so if waiting for the word "free"....well, that won't show up...and i bet some might glance that page too quick, and...well, silly question i guess..

kooky panda
04-30-14, 11:59 AM

Make sure you are playing on the regular dragon game. Check iTunes to see if you have any pending updates.
Most current version update was released on 4-9-14. version 1.9.2.

hugpete
04-30-14, 12:06 PM
So using boosted breed I've gotten Winter, Fruitful, and now 26 hours, so it's Cherry Blossom or Bubble! 1 in 3...not bad I guess. :)

bigbux3
04-30-14, 12:30 PM
Wasn't Boosted Breeding only 200 coins before or something like that? Now it costs gold.

ciarjen
04-30-14, 12:47 PM
Wasn't Boosted Breeding only 200 coins before or something like that? Now it costs gold.

It used to be 500,000 coins, then we had an event where it was 200 coins and then it went to costing gold.

MakJulos
04-30-14, 01:08 PM
It used to be 500,000 coins, then we had an event where it was 200 coins and then it went to costing gold.

Oh so it used to have a price in silver...nice... Well, my first thought was that it's a great pity they decided to grab some gold for that too, but considering the far less than decent results from using it i guess it doesn't matter really. Still...that, and the fact that there used to be a confirmation button for using gold - i guess i missed out on some greatness in this game...*sniff*

blinvy2
04-30-14, 01:14 PM
Ugh, I just used boosted breeding with cosmic and scorpion but I ended up with Charm. I thought I was getting Saturn finally. I'm trying again and I got another 16 hour breed but it's probably another Charm knowing my luck.

PoisonThorne
04-30-14, 01:39 PM
Was hoping to have more luck, seeing as I figured they would "boost" the boosted breed chances while it was free, hoping we would pay for it later. Glad some people are getting good stuff, same old same old for me. Fruitfuls and Firestorms, bleh!!:p

MakJulos
04-30-14, 01:45 PM
Was hoping to have more luck, seeing as I figured they would "boost" the boosted breed chances while it was free, hoping we would pay for it later. Glad some people are getting good stuff, same old same old for me. Fruitfuls and Firestorms, bleh!!:p

"Bleh" does sum it up good, myself i got a nice start now and maybe i'll get smthn more out of it, but i know that the "boosted breeding" really isn't much to get excited about in general, it does suck. But, just now it's at least decently priced, not the usual waste of gold, so hang in there - still time left to get lucky.

tromalyt
04-30-14, 02:09 PM
So it is actually a boost breed button?

Can anyone post a pic? It would be appreciated.

susbebe
04-30-14, 03:41 PM
Make sure you are playing on the regular dragon game. Check iTunes to see if you have any pending updates.
Most current version update was released on 4-9-14. version 1.9.2.

I have that update. Bedtime now, will check in the morning or I will delete game and reinstall it. Hope it not the new iPad update who cost the trouble.

susbebe
04-30-14, 03:43 PM
Lol it ask for gold, have spend over 40 gold bc I maybe think I not take my gold, but it did and ask for it when you tap the button.

jptheripper
04-30-14, 04:18 PM
not getting gold sale. odd

blinvy2
04-30-14, 04:34 PM
Yay! I got my Saturn dragon the second try with cosmic and firestorm using boosted breed! Now I'm trying for triple rainbow. Unfortunately, boosted breed with double rainbow and origami yielded a 16 hour breed time. Gonna keep trying though.

metsfreek
04-30-14, 04:46 PM
I got Cerebrus! I'm quite excited!! I've never gotten so lucky to get two Super Rare blacks within a day

asyran2012
04-30-14, 05:20 PM
I didn't use boosted breed but I did get crusader trying for pinata dragon (combo used diamond/reindeer)

A week ago, I tried for Infinity Dragon but to no avail? I tried more than 600+ (40 Minutes of trying) and keep getting Fire Dragons! My fingers went hurt that time? Seriously?

jellyxbelly
04-30-14, 07:07 PM
My combo was diamond and cosmic lemonademouth173

chaselance
04-30-14, 07:27 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to Team Lava for the free boosted breeding til Friday I look forward to this special pricing whenever it comes around because it really does help the odds. I had been trying on and off for two years to get medusa, Anubis, and unicorn. I mean I spent over 1000'in gold speed breeding but well worth it with the boosted breed because I finally got Anubis now I am working on unicorn. Still no luck today and speed through another 1000 gold with over 100 fails but my fingers are crossed hopefully I will get unicorn before free boosting ends.

wiccapi
04-30-14, 07:55 PM
I got jester froM diamONd and royal - forgot to pResS boosted

I got 21hrs from helios and secrert.

Ive always forgot as i got used to nOrmal breED ::/

metsfreek
04-30-14, 09:43 PM
I just wanted to say thank you to Team Lava.

I believe boosted breed only changes the chances or rare/super rare. Not ultra rare dragons, so it might be a waste

meoconlunar
05-01-14, 12:32 AM
I dont have anything good with boost breed, poor me

sheardear
05-01-14, 01:19 AM
I've been using boosted breed and so far all I've got are life and 2 firestorms, so much for increased chances.
I don't mind using coins for it but think it's a waste of gold especially as I get poor results

ciarjen
05-01-14, 01:50 AM
I believe boosted breed only changes the chances or rare/super rare. Not ultra rare dragons, so it might be a waste

Well this time they are advertising that it also affects ultra rares.

We shall see....

MakJulos
05-01-14, 02:08 AM
Would be very interesting knowing how much better odds one has of getting something special when using "boosted breeding"... 0.1% increase? :p LOL it may be more, but since it doesn't really make much of a noticeable difference i must wonder if it was the boost helping or if i'd gotten that result even without boosted breed - so far for me i don't think boost has resulted in more than 3 "special" outcomes overall, and only during this and last event, none when i've tried it paying gold. This event started of nice with the Hunter dragon, a Rare one only ofc, but still one i didn't have. After that i decided to try n get a Cosmic dragon - they're cool and i don't have any of that family - but so far boosted breeding only produced Genie....well, not having great expectations anyway, and it's just 200 coins so can't take it too serious.

MakJulos
05-01-14, 04:02 AM
Would be very interesting knowing how much better odds one has of getting something special when using "boosted breeding"... 0.1% increase? :p LOL it may be more, but since it doesn't really make much of a noticeable difference i must wonder if it was the boost helping or if i'd gotten that result even without boosted breed - so far for me i don't think boost has resulted in more than 3 "special" outcomes overall, and only during this and last event, none when i've tried it paying gold. This event started of nice with the Hunter dragon, a Rare one only ofc, but still one i didn't have. After that i decided to try n get a Cosmic dragon - they're cool and i don't have any of that family - but so far boosted breeding only produced Genie....well, not having great expectations anyway, and it's just 200 coins so can't take it too serious.

Aaaaand....there comes another Genie from "boosted breeding".....

ciarjen
05-01-14, 04:26 AM
Aaaaand....there comes another Genie from "boosted breeding".....

Genie is not one of my favourite common dragons. I prefer Winter. I am going to see how many I can breed :D:D:D

MakJulos
05-01-14, 05:27 AM
Genie is not one of my favourite common dragons. I prefer Winter. I am going to see how many I can breed :D:D:D

Ok, let's see which will conquer the Boosted Breeding Ocean of Uselessness - the Genie Fleet with Captain Mak in command, or the Winter Armada with Commodore Ciarjen giving the orders.....only time, and TeamLava, will tell....

Zummat
05-01-14, 05:32 AM
So far this so-called boosted breeding is a fail. :( Got another Mist and Magic. Only thing I think I'm paying for is the pulsing light show and hearts. I did a regular breed yesterday and got a Red Queen which I didn't have. :) It definitely doesn't appear to boost the results enough to warrant paying gold.

MakJulos
05-01-14, 05:35 AM
So far this so-called boosted breeding is a fail. :( Got another Mist and Magic. Only thing I think I'm paying for is the pulsing light show and hearts. I did a regular breed yesterday and got a Red Queen which I didn't have. :) It definitely doesn't appear to boost the results enough to warrant paying gold.

Gratz on the Red Queen, very nice! As for your boosted breeding conclusion i think most DS players agrees!

freesiawoods
05-01-14, 05:55 AM
Yup a big disappointment. I get fruitful, mist, coral, poison and one virtue. I think I would pay gold if it could eliminate commons.

jptheripper
05-01-14, 06:02 AM
grrrrrr honeybee

I have free boosted breed but no gold sale?!?!?! I have gift cards ready to go :(

shield14
05-01-14, 06:12 AM
.... i decided to try n get a Cosmic dragon - they're cool and i don't have any of that family - but so far boosted breeding only produced Genie....well, not having great expectations anyway, and it's just 200 coins so can't take it too serious.

On my iPhone I tried for Cosmic with "Booster" and was getting Genies also.
But this is a Special Event (TL Second Anniversary) and I thought that since there is no special present from TL to us it might be a Booster than and switched for a 4 colour combination (hoping for a Diamond).
I didn't realize how naive I was...
No presents at all....
and a "Special" for me - Virtue, to shut me up till the end of offer.

ZenaJayne
05-01-14, 06:30 AM
I tried boost breed but it still takes 20hrs untill its finished. And yes I clicked boost breed instead op regular breed.
Can u tell me whats going on? Tnx

belbar22
05-01-14, 06:32 AM
I have only got love's and a tiny from my tiny/diamond breeding. Still hoping for an angel or a unicorn. I really don't believe that boosted breed makes any difference whatsoever.

angela3737
05-01-14, 07:24 AM
I lover booster breed ...getting lots of cosmics on one of my accounts now ..( trying for eclipse ).. I always used it on my one account when I had coin option (100,000) and I saw a definite increase in rare/ super rare on that island compared to my other island where it was gold to use ( so I didnt use it there )... I miss using it regularly and would love it back as coin again ....

That being said ..I am not using ANY gold ( not on purpose anyway ) as I'm saving up for a Diamond on both accounts -2 yrs daily playing and still none ( I thought I was playing more than2 yrs ?).. At level 119,124-- diamond , where are you?

buttabdullah99
05-01-14, 07:48 AM
So far with boost breed I got 4 commans and 2 rare no super rare
Commans are 2 life's 1 fruitful and 1 mist
Rares are 1 clockwork and 1 laser now in den
But on my other account got pi?ata on 1st try then tried for lacewing got titanic sped up and tried again and got lacewing :):):)
BUT ON my main account nothing :(:(:(:(

rachmac07
05-01-14, 07:50 AM
Hang in there Angela3737 - I am level 116 and I *just* got my first diamond dragon 2 days ago. It will come!

shield14
05-01-14, 08:02 AM
[QUOTE=buttabdullah99;895036]

Clockwork is listed as a Super Rare.:)

dangerb0y
05-01-14, 08:11 AM
Team Lava, want to know how to create a troubled marriage?

Step 1: Give the husband a diamond dragon with Amber/sunburst(a million times thank you, I am forever grateful!).

Step 2: Give the wife Luck, Charm, and Coral with Moon/Origami boosted breed.

Please TL, I fear I only have 10 hours to get my things in order until Coral is put on the nest. If my wife gets another common, I fear that I may get beat up. Or worse, I may not wake up tomorrow morning. Or even more worse, she's going to ground me from my iPhone :eek:

Help me TL, you're my only hope.

dalexxx
05-01-14, 08:24 AM
Boosting origami and dimond gave me 32 hrs titan... The heck ::/

buttabdullah99
05-01-14, 08:33 AM

Step 1: Give the husband a diamond dragon with Amber/sunburst(a million times thank you, I am forever grateful!).

Please TL, I fear I only have 10 hours to get my things in order until Coral is put on the nest. If my wife gets another common, I fear that I may get beat up. Or worse, I may not wake up tomorrow morning. Or even more worse, she's going to ground me from my iPhone :eek:

Lol!!! :p

buttabdullah99
05-01-14, 08:34 AM
[QUOTE=buttabdullah99;895036]

Clockwork is listed as a Super Rare.:)
Whether it is rare or super rare I don't care I am already having 1 :(:(:(

MakJulos
05-01-14, 08:45 AM
Ok, let's see which will conquer the Boosted Breeding Ocean of Uselessness - the Genie Fleet with Captain Mak in command, or the Winter Armada with Commodore Ciarjen giving the orders.....only time, and TeamLava, will tell....

Ok, the Genie plan didn't last so long (luckily).... I do think "boosted breeding" is quite useless and in normal gameplay not at all worth paying gold for - i consider it a very flawed and disappointing feature...BUT, during these "free" events it has worked before for me, and it has again now - i just landed a Cosmic egg which is quite awesome for me! So, i started with a Hunter from Quetzal/Night combo, then had 3 fail Genies using Air/Magic before i got this Cosmic. That's 2 in 5, 40% "good" outcome so far - it's actually very good! Well maybe that was it for me i dunno, still good...but why oh why can't i get anything from boosting breeding the times i actually spend gold on it?

MakJulos
05-01-14, 08:47 AM
[QUOTE=shield14;895041]

Clockwork is along with Honeybee Super Rares that aren't very super rare, not for me...i get them a lot when i breed yellow/red, i think the classifications are crazy misleading very often...

AwesomeChefDad
05-01-14, 09:48 AM
I am sure the programmers who might be reading this forum are probably laughing at all of us. I dont think I have seen any replies from someone that works there that gives firm numbers on if this does anything. I and my daughter have tried several times now and before and it never yields anything.

Way to advertise something awesome and make it an epic fail for the majority.

buttabdullah99
05-01-14, 10:02 AM
I am sure the programmers who might be reading this forum are probably laughing at all of us. I dont think I have seen any replies from someone that works there that gives firm numbers on if this does anything. I and my daughter have tried several times now and before and it never yields anything.

Way to advertise something awesome and make it an epic fail for the majority.
Totally agree with you :(:(:(

meoconlunar
05-01-14, 10:28 AM
ok, i have tried Cosmic x Cosmic or Saturn x Cosmic to find Eclipse, with free boost breed (of course) and all I have are
3 Magic
1 Air
3 Cosmic
1 Peacock ( not happy at all, i alr have it before)

:mad:

And we can see, 50% is common, 37.5% is rare, and 12.5% is super rare = =!

meoconlunar
05-01-14, 10:35 AM

;););)

[QUOTE=shield14;895041]

That's it :(

MakJulos
05-01-14, 11:33 AM
I went back to breeding Quetzal/Night after the in the end successful Cosmic attempt, and now i'll soon be the proud owner of another Coral dragon hmm...but maybe i'll get a third lucky shot after that one - although i'm still not quite sure if boosted breeding actually made a difference, or if it was time to get lucky anyway...:confused:

buttabdullah99
05-01-14, 11:45 AM
Now I am trying for saturn with diamond/eclipse got 2 airs with boost breed this time boost breed is just a joke :(:(:(:( this is very great present from TL to all of us :(

bluefoxcrystal
05-01-14, 11:47 AM
Hang in there abdallah! I bet that little beauty is just waiting to say hello to you :)

Anaboe
05-01-14, 11:53 AM
Never got the pop-up, thanks to all here for this forum. Without it I never would have noticed - and prolly wouldn't have the Quetzal that is in my den now :)

ciarjen
05-01-14, 12:54 PM
Interesting.......people are speeding up with gold because boosted breeding is now available without gold.

I am sure the same thing happened the last time the event was on. They are probably earning more money out of the feature than when they charge gold for it. :D

DarkAther
05-01-14, 01:06 PM
I've so far gotten a morning glory and 2 mist dragons from speed breeding. :) I'm tired of mists. I would like a zodiac! Or diamond hybid!

MakJulos
05-01-14, 01:10 PM
Interesting.......people are speeding up with gold because boosted breeding is now available without gold.

I am sure the same thing happened the last time the event was on. They are probably earning more money out of the feature than when they charge gold for it. :D

I dunno....i've sped up breeding a lil, 2 gold here, 4 gold there - just in case it does make a difference - getting another attempt a lil quicker by paying a couple gold bars must ofc be a better deal than when you also pay full gold fee for the boost, so if they let it stay this way and they'd still make money from ppl buying gold to do this...it would be a win-win...but i don't think it'll happen, i don't think they'd like us to get better odds even if ppl would cash up same amount of money still.

MakJulos
05-01-14, 01:20 PM
I went back to breeding Quetzal/Night after the in the end successful Cosmic attempt, and now i'll soon be the proud owner of another Coral dragon hmm...but maybe i'll get a third lucky shot after that one - although i'm still not quite sure if boosted breeding actually made a difference, or if it was time to get lucky anyway...:confused:

Sped up breeding den a tad to get that Coral out of it, n then put Crusader + Lotus in there (i think the common fails of that combo has shorter cooldowns than from Quetzal + Lotus/Night) and i was rewarded with....another Coral! Oh well...:rolleyes:

BlueCanary
05-01-14, 01:30 PM
So far I've gotten Genie, Lacewing, Charm, Coral, Aquarius, Life and 3x Love with the Boosted breed. I honestly don't think the chances are any better than breeding without a boost. I remember it being better last time they ran this? Or maybe just a bit luckier :)

sandygin
05-01-14, 01:42 PM
I have been trying for angel forever and all I ever get is lights.Now with boosted breed,I finally got my angel.It does work

MakJulos
05-01-14, 01:47 PM
I have been trying for angel forever and all I ever get is lights.Now with boosted breed,I finally got my angel.It does work

Does it? Or was it about time that you got Angel after trying forever? Tbh we'll never know.... Gratz anyway!

metsfreek
05-01-14, 01:50 PM
Got another Goblin! Not bad I can use it for Onyx. Well worth it. Still trying for Black Rose though :(

jptheripper
05-01-14, 01:59 PM
why did i not get the popup, and why no gold sale?!?!?!?!!?!??! I better not miss this :(

jptheripper
05-01-14, 01:59 PM
any idea what time friday it ends?

buttabdullah99
05-01-14, 02:04 PM
Yay!!! I am so happy my first new dragon from boost breed its Celtic breed diamond/reindeer for pi?ata and got 6 hrs thought it was landworm or wild but then I did sped up and it is Celtic yay!!! I am happy finally I got something new after 1 and half week

kooky panda
05-01-14, 02:10 PM
why did i not get the popup, and why no gold sale?!?!?!?!!?!??! I better not miss this :(
I think the gold sale was only for one day- 4-29-14

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/c8662c9d-7224-44ad-b6fa-7d2021704a68_zps70a75397.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/c8662c9d-7224-44ad-b6fa-7d2021704a68_zps70a75397.png.html)

any idea what time friday it ends?

No time was mentioned.

MakJulos
05-01-14, 02:22 PM
Yay!!! I am so happy my first new dragon from boost breed its Celtic breed diamond/reindeer for pi?ata and got 6 hrs thought it was landworm or wild but then I did sped up and it is Celtic yay!!! I am happy finally I got something new after 1 and half week

Well that's a well deserved one, gratz! :)

rwena
05-01-14, 02:32 PM
I managed to get a Flower which I was missing. Can't breed any of the Zodiacs to save myself. Mythic hybrids have been just as elusive. What I really really want is the Cherryblossom but it is playing a terrific game of hide and seek!

ThunderRemix8
05-01-14, 02:39 PM
Just decided to return after a short break (and another dragon game distracting me) and I bred 44 hours with Nano and Pyramid using boosted breed! Score! :D

bakeresty
05-01-14, 02:52 PM
Just wondering when on
Friday the boosted breeding finishes .. As we all live in different parts of the world a time clock would be helpful .. Thanks

metsfreek
05-01-14, 03:05 PM
Probably when the next update arrives. That's what in going off of.

MakJulos
05-01-14, 03:06 PM
Just wondering when on
Friday the boosted breeding finishes .. As we all live in different parts of the world a time clock would be helpful .. Thanks

Countdown timers should be even more frequently used in DS than they are, now n then you have to go on hearsay, or chance it based on your own interpretions. Often helpful moderators give assistance, but....quite often you're missing a countdown timer showing actual remaining duration - whenever we get those they're helping a lot.

Amber498
05-01-14, 04:10 PM
For players that aren't having good luck - I just remembered that the last free boost event was also a *triple* boost event. I got four new good dragons that time; not as much luck this time, except for lacewing. At least, that's what I recall but haven't found the old thread yet.

Good luck to everyone anyway! :)

traumtaenzerin
05-01-14, 04:46 PM
Boosted breed gave me: Titan, Luck and Charm (I want to get Lacewing with Diamond and Origami)
I just put my dragons back in the den and forgot to select the boosted breed and used the "normal" breed and guess what? I got lacewing! I don't know the logic behind this, but i am soooo happy that i finally got lacewing :))

fabulus12
05-01-14, 04:51 PM
Diamond and Mythic I got Atlas
Diamond and Light I got Light
Diamond and Magic I got Magic

laraelyn
05-01-14, 05:21 PM
Diamond and mythic and I got atlas (happy bout that one)
Diamond and peacock got charm
Diamond and razerbach got firestorm

Zummat
05-01-14, 05:45 PM
So far with boosted breed I have gotten Magic, Mist, Island, and Luck. I want a Lacewing. I don't have a diamond yet so don't have the option to breed anything with a diamond. The irony is, I can't breed a Lacewing but my new opponent in the Battle Arena is (insert drum roll here) a level 14 Lacewing. LOL!

Turpsichore
05-01-14, 05:46 PM
For players that aren't having good luck - I just remembered the last free boost event was also a *triple* boost event. I got four new good dragons that time; not as much luck this time, except for lacewing. At least, that's what I recall but haven't found the old thread yet.

Good luck to everyone anyway! :)

The previous free boost event was advertised as having 6 times better odds of breeding rare and super rare dragons. No announcement of the actual improvement in odds this time so it does look as though the boosted breed was boosted quite considerably for the last event.

At least this time they stated that the chance for ultras was increased so players weren't left wondering like they were last time.

This event has confirmed (at least for me) that boosted breed is not worth paying gold for. I was one of the lucky pre-gold players (500,000 coins) so I used it all the time. I didn't notice a difference when I stopped using the boost and I can't say I'm seeing any difference, so far, using it again.

On my 2nd account I've bred two fruitfuls and a night.
Main account has produced a fruitful, an island (yipee) and have just put diamond and cosmic in the den. I can't wait to find out if the 8hr timer is going to produce another cosmic or yet another genie.

Amber498
05-01-14, 06:57 PM
Turspichore, thanks for the info and for looking it up!

This time around I've gotten firestorm, origami, lacewing, sunset, mist, and a few other commons. So nothing too exciting, except for lacewing which took 52 attempts. :rolleyes:

All of the times that I've tried boosted breed for 12 gold, I've gotten commons. So I don't bother with it anymore either.

chalupa2030
05-01-14, 07:27 PM
I got Saturn in my nest!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy110.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

I have wanted this dragon forever! With this boosted breeding I got:

Mirage
Eclipse
Saturn

Cosmic I bought ~ I can't believe it!! Now, all I really want is Unicorn!

chaselance
05-01-14, 07:54 PM
I got Saturn in my nest!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy110.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

I have wanted this dragon forever! With this boosted breeding I got:

Mirage
Eclipse
Saturn

Cosmic I bought ~ I can't believe it!! Now, all I really want is Unicorn!

Good luck trying for unicorn I have been speed breeding for 3 days straight and have had as of today 167 fails trying for unicorn and blew through almost 2000 gold at this rate I could of just bought him because I still haven't gotten him today and have used the boosted breeding on all 167 fails. So I wish you luck hopefully yours will be better than mine on this one

chalupa2030
05-01-14, 08:01 PM
Good luck trying for unicorn I have been speed breeding for 3 days straight and have had as of today 167 fails trying for unicorn and blew through almost 2000 gold at this rate I could of just bought him because I still haven't gotten him today and have used the boosted breeding on all 167 fails. So I wish you luck hopefully yours will be better than mine on this one

Oh I know! Been playing DS almost a year and try for unicorn off and on. I will get her! But Saturn and Eclipse were up there with her:).

Good luck!

JustKay
05-01-14, 11:35 PM
I got 44 hours with Gold + Trojan... I was hoping for a Cerberus or a Mercury or a Dark Angel. I already have 3 Diamonds, 3 Crusaders :(

Looks like I won't get another chance at doing another boosted breed before the Friday deadline. On the plus side my last breeding before this event nabbed me a Cherry Blossom dragon and I've been trying for her for so long :D

JustKay
05-01-14, 11:41 PM
I personally have gotten one or two breeding outcomes very early on in these boost events, but aside from that I don't see any consistent increase in rares or super rares. At one point I even started thinking that the boosted breeding has an internal recharge bar so the first time you use it is your best chance, then subsequent times it's not so effective until after a charge period. Just my own speculation though.

knuffel19
05-01-14, 11:41 PM
I got a parakeet! Those are so cute and I have been wanting her for ages.
On the downside, the last boosted breed is giving me a sunrise. Now that is one that is not interesting at all....

buttabdullah99
05-01-14, 11:47 PM
Now I just breed diamond/eclipse again and BAMMM !!! 20 hrs with boost breed :(:(:(;(

chalupa2030
05-02-14, 01:55 AM
I got a parakeet! Those are so cute and I have been wanting her for ages.
On the downside, the last boosted breed is giving me a sunrise. Now that is one that is not interesting at all....

They are adorable! Congrats!

kittymur
05-02-14, 02:01 AM
Used boost breed twice today with Mist and Platinum combo. First I got was Sunrise ( so annoying fail) and second was Diamond ( my first one ) So I'm pretty happy with boost breed today :D

MakJulos
05-02-14, 03:16 AM
Using Crusader/Lotus i got a Mistmoth, that's the 3rd new dragon i've gotten last couple of days - no matter if it's the boosted breeding actually helping or just plain coincidence i don't know - it's very nice anyway.

So i feel a bit ungrateful when i put same dragons back in den just now, and get an annoying 44 hour cooldown - another Crusader... :p

Why not Anubis, Dark Angel or Mercury, they're also possible outcomes from that combo? It might be just bad luck that i got just this one, the 3rd Crusader i've gotten, but....i think it's preset, i don't think the Ultra Rares have same dropchance on my account somehow! It's not just this time i've seen a pattern like this, there's a few Super Rares i get very often from breeding while other dragons never show up! Oh well, some ppl struggle to get anything Diamond at all, so cannot complain too much, but it is odd that you so often get feeling there are hidden factors controlling game and not just plain ol' luck....

dalexxx
05-02-14, 03:51 AM
Cornucopia parakeet boosted breed = fruitful

freesiawoods
05-02-14, 03:56 AM
Yup a big disappointment. I get fruitful, mist, coral, poison and one virtue. I think I would pay gold if it could eliminate commons.

Okay I got a Celtic, at least I don't have one. But the rate of getting rares is no higher than with normal breeding for me. Just got 8 hours with Genie and Air, fingers crossed for Cosmic or Royal, but it could be Genie!

sheardear
05-02-14, 04:58 AM
Well last day for boosted breed and all it got me was a life and now breeding my fourth firestorm what a waste of time,
I think it's broken on my game, I've never gotten anything with boosted breed. At this rate I will miss getting pi?ata

droopy123love
05-02-14, 08:29 AM
Gotmy third mercury from secret x diamond, normal breeding after a few boosted with same combo, mercury is very nice, but still no DA

jptheripper
05-02-14, 09:10 AM
I love boosted breed.

I caved and bought gold full price. Missed the sale. But at 6x the odds it's still worth it.

Got
Earth day
Chess
Black rose
Triple rainbow

And lots of duplicate super rares.

freshfunin2008
05-02-14, 10:00 AM
So I have been using boosted breed on two accounts since it went from having to use gold to not having to use gold. I have gotten absolutely nothing good. However I do now have a 2 hour timer with Diamond and Mythic so I might have something ultra rare here that I can't get with out the boosted breed option.

Annica5
05-02-14, 10:10 AM
So I have been using boosted breed on two accounts since it went from having to use gold to not having to use gold. I have gotten absolutely nothing good. However I do now have a 2 hour timer with Diamond and Mythic so I might have something ultra rare here that I can't get with out the boosted breed option.

Or Air...

chalupa2030
05-02-14, 10:14 AM
Yup!

Sorry!

antsloth
05-02-14, 10:38 AM
Wow.. I play this game every day and I never got the pop-up... Did I miss an update or something?

freshfunin2008
05-02-14, 10:49 AM
Or Air...

Oh I can get an air with out boosted breed. It must be broke on my game as well. boooooo

FigmentValley
05-02-14, 11:04 AM

I have spent gold and bred so many times it hurts. I can't get mercury or anything, boosted or not. My "exciting" 2 hour was an air. I gave gotten dozens of water, half a dozen magics and an Air. Boosted breeding never has done anything. I used to have boosted breeding for coins. I never noticed a difference. The last "free" boosted breeding event yielded nothing. This one, also, was a total failure. I will no longer speed breed to utilize it. I'm sorry I got conned into trying it again. Fool me once, fool me twice,but it was my fault I fell into the trap the third time. I shall not again.

freshfunin2008
05-02-14, 11:22 AM
I didn't even think of speed breeding but that is another way TL gets their gold back. Mine was an Air dragon and like last time boosted breed didn't do me any good. I have to admit though TL almost got me to hit boosted breed for 12 gold because it changed from 200 silver to gold with no notice. I almost almost pressed the button. I am sure many will and they will fall into the gold trap.

ciarjen
05-02-14, 11:24 AM
I didn't even think of speed breeding but that is another way TL gets their gold back. Mine was an Air dragon and like last time boosted breed didn't do me any good. I have to admit though TL almost got me to hit boosted breed for 12 gold because it changed from 200 silver to gold with no notice. I almost almost pressed the button. I am sure many will and they will fall into the gold trap.

I actually hit the normal breed twice out of habit........and I would guess that is exactly what will happen after the event. People are in the habit of hitting boosted breed and will do it by accident and spend gold.

finnth12
05-02-14, 11:27 AM
I have spent gold and bred so many times it hurts. I can't get mercury or anything, boosted or not. My "exciting" 2 hour was an air. I gave gotten dozens of water, half a dozen magics and an Air. Boosted breeding never has done anything. I used to have boosted breeding for coins. I never noticed a difference. The last "free" boosted breeding event yielded nothing. This one, also, was a total failure. I will no longer speed breed to utilize it. I'm sorry I got conned into trying it again. Fool me once, fool me twice,but it was my fault I fell into the trap the third time. I shall not again.

I'm so agreed! I wasted my gold just trying triple rainbow and double rainbow, I got 3 mindvolts in a row, Titan, planet, Celtic, bunch of firestorms, and also bunch of islands, mists too. This time boosted breed brought nothing good. Silly me that I used boosted breed with speed breed. All super rare and rare that are long hour I got it but nothing new.

The other account just trying to get cherry blossom with diamond/bubble I got 5 GoodWitch, athletics, and winters. Also NOT good.

TL when it says "Boosted Breed" it SHOULD really boost the breeding. Oh well, lesson learnt.

MBerkay
05-02-14, 11:44 AM
I haven't been able to try this because even though I've visited neighbors tried exiting and coming back into the game it still says 12 Gold for Boost Breed on my IPad.

ellaslair
05-02-14, 12:13 PM
This was good for me...I got 3 diamond hybrids (gold, qenzel and crusader) and cosmic that I did not have. I did burn thru quite a bit of gold, so I'm sure TL is as happy as I am :D

ciarjen
05-02-14, 01:25 PM
I haven't been able to try this because even though I've visited neighbors tried exiting and coming back into the game it still says 12 Gold for Boost Breed on my IPad.

I can't get because my den is busy but I would guess this event ended 3 hours ago when the Friday update happened.

chalupa2030
05-02-14, 01:33 PM
I can't get because my den is busy but I would guess this event ended 3 hours ago when the Friday update happened.

I used it about an hour ago.

jptheripper
05-02-14, 05:32 PM
Just look before you click. It's not a gold trap

cakeandpie
05-02-14, 05:54 PM
During the event, and I got four new dragons: Eclipse, Saturn, Firemane, and Blue Moon (REALLY wanted that one)! I was hoping so much for Helios and/or Mask, but with four new dragons, I can't complain. :) I did do a little extra speed breeding with saved gold to maximize my chances.

rubyraks
05-02-14, 06:41 PM
no more free boosted breeds for me, but I did get a Saturn...so I'm happy!

chalupa2030
05-02-14, 07:39 PM

It really is that simple.

hugpete
05-02-14, 09:07 PM
I got one non-common out of 6 boosted breeds. But at least it was a Cherry Blossom!

MBerkay
05-02-14, 09:12 PM

I did look again three times and still wanted 12 gold for boosted. Guess this didn't apply to everyone. Maybe TL screwed this up.

knuffel19
05-02-14, 11:16 PM
I have the opposite, it still said 200 coins and I used it and now all my gold is gone! What the ..., not good TL!

LemonadeMouth173
05-03-14, 07:40 AM
My combo was diamond and cosmic lemonademouth173

Thank you! I just missed boosted breed event but ill try this combo .

PineapplePigeon
05-03-14, 09:47 AM
I got my second Peacock :) I used Air and Magic, so I thought I was getting a Trickster :D

PineapplePigeon
05-03-14, 09:50 AM
I actually hit the normal breed twice out of habit.......

This happened to me the first time I saw the pop up.. I had a 23 hour breeding time there... And then I used boosted breeding once and had a 17 hour. So I only got to use the boosted breeding once :(

metsfreek
05-03-14, 01:47 PM
I used so much gold trying for Black Rose and failed. Almost quit the game entirely

Anyuszko
08-15-14, 02:12 PM
I just realized that boosted breed got free (200coins) again, at least for me.

Edit (maguar)
Normal breeding costs $200 and boosted breeding costs 12 gold. When people talk about boosted breeding being free they mean that it costs the same as normal breeding - $200. So it still costs to breed but you're getting the boost without spending gold.

brandonu
08-15-14, 02:22 PM
Same for me. I just boosted Diamond and Yin Yang and got 25 hours. I would be super excited about this if I didn't just hatch a Penumbra. My fault for using that combo.

FigmentValley
08-15-14, 02:51 PM
Well, I'm more than annoyed. I got the notice of free boosted breeding in one game, sped a breeding to free up my breeding temple in my other game so I would not miss a minute of time to try for diamond.

No free boosted breeding.

I rebooted, processed, unloaded and loaded the game. No free boosted breeding for the game that REALLY needs it. It apparently is only available in the game I do not. Need or care about it.

AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!

Zummat
08-15-14, 03:08 PM
Well, I'm more than annoyed. I got the notice of free boosted breeding in one game, sped a breeding to free up my breeding temple in my other game so I would not miss a minute of time to try for diamond.

I rebooted, processed, unloaded and loaded the game. No free boosted breeding for the game that REALLY needs it. It apparently is only available in the game I do not. Need or care about it.

AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!

It actually costs 200 coins. Which in DS land is free.

ginrae22
08-15-14, 03:24 PM
I know! I'm super excited! I sure hope I can get some good dragons out of this!!! I think I just got origami trying for mask with pink and black. Question. Has anyone successfully bred a diamond with the boosted breed??! I gave up quite a while ago but hey I can still dream can't I?!

MFAcct
08-15-14, 08:16 PM
I saw this when I was on my low lvl account, I thought it was a mirage and muscle memory tapped regular breed while I was scrutinizing it. Sped up a Titan breeding on my main and used boosted breed, got Hercules common? Hmm

dangerb0y
08-15-14, 08:40 PM
I know! I'm super excited! I sure hope I can get some good dragons out of this!!! I think I just got origami trying for mask with pink and black. Question. Has anyone successfully bred a diamond with the boosted breed??! I gave up quite a while ago but hey I can still dream can't I?!

I did the last time they did this. Platinum and Amber is what I used though.

chalupa2030
08-15-14, 09:04 PM

AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!

Aw! It doesn't actually say FREE. It costs 200 coins.

bakerystoe
08-15-14, 09:50 PM
Cool now I can try diamonds and Super rare( At least the hard to get Dionysus with lots of fruit fail)

PineapplePigeon
08-15-14, 10:07 PM
Ugh I just put something in the den :( I'm trying for Unicorn, once I get this Love out of the den, I'm using boosted breeding :)

chalupa2030
08-15-14, 10:30 PM
Ugh I just put something in the den :( I'm trying for Unicorn, once I get this Love out of the den, I'm using boosted breeding :)

Get ready for all the loves! Lol! Only five hours, though:)

You will get it. Took me a year and I got two!

animalman321
08-15-14, 10:38 PM
Got my Clockwork, Scorpion, and Honeybee Dragons with this feature! Thanks TL!

meoconlunar
08-15-14, 11:00 PM
Got 12 hours - firestorm
Got 5 hours - love

oh my boosted breed!

charismabmw33
08-16-14, 12:05 AM
How long is the boosted breed 200 coins? Does anyone know?

chalupa2030
08-16-14, 12:16 AM
How long is the boosted breed 200 coins? Does anyone know?

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/MidnightKiss4u/a7f20443a609fd80b16093407c6d78bf.jpg

azucita
08-16-14, 12:48 AM
Hi everyone. I got this announcement too but have no idea how to use it. First time i see this. Im sort of lower level still :). Could anyone please explain to me.. Thanks!

astraeagrim
08-16-14, 01:15 AM
Okay i've got a question. Perhaps a moderator can answer it. It says double the chances for Rares and Super Rares but what about the Ultra Rare Diamond dragons? Are the chances doubled for them or does it remain at the normal chance rate during the boost?

MakJulos
08-16-14, 01:40 AM
The boosted breeding actually works now and then during these "free boosted breeding" periods - perhaps it's because i speed up nest a lil now n then at these occasions which improves chances more, but still - usually it is a quite useless feature not at all worth the 12 gold it costs but when it's free it has actually given me a couple nice breeds.

MakJulos
08-16-14, 01:44 AM
Hi everyone. I got this announcement too but have no idea how to use it. First time i see this. Im sort of lower level still :). Could anyone please explain to me.. Thanks!

Just check the options when you're going to breed - the upper box which is the boosted breeding should now say cost is 200 coins instead of the normal price 12 gold - if it does then just choose the boost option when you activate the breeding and hopefully maybe with great luck you might actually get something nicer than usual from it.

buttabdullah99
08-16-14, 02:33 AM
My boost breed have me 17 hrs luck with virtue/peacock WTH!!! 😫😫

chalupa2030
08-16-14, 02:36 AM
My boost breed have me 17 hrs luck with virtue/peacock WTH!!! 

Lol!! Aw! What is that?

It's a luck!! No luck:(

MakJulos
08-16-14, 02:42 AM
My boost breed have me 17 hrs luck with virtue/peacock WTH!!! 😫😫

Ugh that stinks...but it sounds just like the normal boosted breeding though - i don't think the chance to get something nice is improved much at all when using this "boost", and ofc we'll never know what it actually does...better luck next time!

jptheripper
08-16-14, 05:05 AM
got the boosted popup, its double not triple.

FigmentValley
08-16-14, 05:16 AM
Mine finally processed through this morning.

When it says "rare" and "super rare", I suppose it does NOT include "ultra rare" (ie: diamond??????)

I need a diamond.

MakJulos
08-16-14, 05:30 AM
Put in Diamond and Virtue, got incubation time of 5 hours - so i get Love or Kitsune...i have both, but wouldn't mind trading Kitsune in for gem... But, i am certain i'll be getting a common Love dragon out of this, so sure of it that if it's Kitsune i'll frikkin eat ny hat...:rolleyes:

bakerystoe
08-16-14, 05:44 AM
Stupid boost:( Angry about this one:( Just give me the stupid 21hrs

bakerystoe
08-16-14, 05:45 AM
Wtf:( :( :(

chalupa2030
08-16-14, 06:07 AM
got the boosted popup, its double not triple.

Not mine.

freesiawoods
08-16-14, 06:28 AM
Hehe got an Island, what a great boost!

chalupa2030
08-16-14, 06:40 AM
Hehe got an Island, what a great boost!

How cool was that? Ew.

bakerystoe
08-16-14, 07:15 AM
This feuture only with me dragons I already had:(

bakerystoe
08-16-14, 07:15 AM
Not cool than I think about it

MFAcct
08-16-14, 07:42 AM
Wait so some people are getting triple and some people double? Mine is double... But I think I jus got Dionysus

MajicHearts
08-16-14, 08:06 AM
Breeding is 200 coins & boosted breeding is free. I believe it ends on Tuesday.

FigmentValley
08-16-14, 08:19 AM
Boosted breeding is 200 coins, also. It says double on rare and double on super rare.

It says nothing about ultra rare.

We may all have varying iterations of this thing.......

charismabmw33
08-16-14, 12:33 PM
I just received the pop up, thank you ;) chalupa2030

buttabdullah99
08-16-14, 02:03 PM
Omg!!! I got now 16 hrs charm in den with virtue/magic + boost breed
SUCK !!!

maizee0404
08-16-14, 03:37 PM
Well im happy chucked in forest and gemstone and got me an emerald :) now i dont have to have fruitful fails anymore :)

maizee0404
08-16-14, 03:37 PM
And my sister chucked in diamond and virtue and got a black swan :)

freesiawoods
08-17-14, 01:00 AM
Got me a pixie which I don't have, but also Island twice and a Sunrise, terrible fails!

buttabdullah99
08-17-14, 02:09 AM
Got 17hrs again 😫😫😫

dingaling7
08-17-14, 04:35 AM
I have been breeding virtue and night, had great luck on one account! Blackswan, moon and goodwitch, think my luck has run out as I've got another 17 hrs which I highly doubt is another blackswan!

My other account I have fire and night breeding and not much luck at all, lots of athletic and one iridescent that I already had.

Love boosted breeding:-)

SaTy22
08-17-14, 05:52 AM
for how long is boosted breeding normally?

benjessie
08-17-14, 06:26 AM
for how long is boosted breeding normally?

Until Tuesday I think

jptheripper
08-17-14, 06:37 AM
try for tricorn with cosmic/rainbow. No luck so far

kittymur
08-17-14, 06:48 AM
Got only commons on all of my accounts. Amazing...

farmday0123
08-17-14, 07:14 AM
Want to try for pink n purple so I can have opportunity to breed triple rainbow. Wish me luck TL :rolleyes:

buttabdullah99
08-17-14, 08:17 AM
It is really ridiculous I just got 20 hrs in den was trying for ziodacs It really suck

MFAcct
08-17-14, 08:45 AM
Want to try for pink n purple so I can have opportunity to breed triple rainbow. Wish me luck TL :rolleyes:

I've been trying that for a while, Magic and Virtue, Kitsune, Aphrodite etc. I've gotten two planet, a titan, hypnotic, and many charm and luck fails but no pink/purple. Went back to breeding my Metal and Goodwitch to try for diamond for the zillionth time and just got another blue moon and a few athletics. Come on, 44 hour breed time!! q.q

farmday0123
08-17-14, 10:26 AM
It is really ridiculous I just got 20 hrs in den was trying for ziodacs It really suck

When I try for zodiac Leo first try 21 hours. Omg so excited , speed up its turn out social dragon then I try 2nd try using same night and air it also 21 hours , now I think should be Leo because social is supper rare can't fail many time like that but u know its social again , so up set do third try it still give me 21 hours, and yea is 3 social dragon straight , how possible, until now I don't have a zodiac hybrid , I really like one

buttabdullah99
08-17-14, 10:36 AM
When I try for zodiac Leo first try 21 hours. Omg so excited , speed up its turn out social dragon then I try 2nd try using same night and air it also 21 hours , now I think should be Leo because social is supper rare can't fail many time like that but u know its social again , so up set do third try it still give me 21 hours, and yea is 3 social dragon straight , how possible, until now I don't have a zodiac hybrid , I really like one
Oops I forgot to mention my combo lol!!! My combo was Leo/Capricorn so that means I already having 4 Leo's And 1 Capricorn and 1 Aquarius 😬😬😬 but want others also

buttabdullah99
08-17-14, 10:40 AM
I just want to ask is it compulsory to get hearts coming from breeding bcoz my breeding den is not giving out hearts with breding boost but my other account is making sooo many hearts can anyone tell me is there breeding den is also making hearts or not

tuffyjkitten
08-17-14, 10:49 AM
So essentially the "double the chance" statement confirms that rare/super rare is close to zero chance....I have 5 commons out of 6 boosted breeds. The only rare was Nyx, which is not hard to get anyways. Not impressed this time. :(

tuffyjkitten
08-17-14, 10:50 AM
I just want to ask is it compulsory to get hearts coming from breeding bcoz my breeding den is not giving out hearts with breding boost but my other account is making sooo many hearts can anyone tell me is there breeding den is also making hearts or not

Mine is making hearts when I use boosted breed. Doesn't do it any other time.

buttabdullah99
08-17-14, 11:08 AM
Mine is making hearts when I use boosted breed. Doesn't do it any other time.
Mine is not making not even 1 heart 😬😬

laraelyn
08-17-14, 01:30 PM
I have 12 hours with fire and knight really hoping for dapper Dan but there are lots of different dragons with 12 hours I really want a black and red drsgon

laraelyn
08-17-14, 01:31 PM
Mine is not making not even 1 heart ����
I isn't even notice I will have to check to see if I get the herts to

Annica5
08-17-14, 02:34 PM
I don't get hearts on breeding den this time, got it before with boost. But I do get the boost: Tricorn, Aries and Penumbra! Thanks so much guys here on forum, wouldn't have noticed it myself and haven't seen a single pop up about it.

gammarayburst
08-17-14, 03:16 PM
I've been trying for Sagittarius for about a week now, but all I keep getting are Island fails, even with the free boosted breeds. Also, as some other players have said, I still want to know if my chances of an ultra rare are affected by the boosted breed. I've been trying to breed the Diamond hybrids on the Arctic Isles for at least two months with no luck whatsoever...

pribakes
08-17-14, 06:01 PM
Free boost worked guess where ??? In my 2nd account got Dionysus but in my main I've been trying to get black diamond, since it first came, use "free" boost 2 times, instead of usual corals, wizard and celestial got Iredescent (no new fail since I got it a lot before and 16h which is problably aether so no new dragon for me hope Tl give me a chance to get black diamond I've been trying for months now. I've been using anubis x Dark angel but I did try other combos but this one have less fails, hope free boost work for everyone, since it worked in my 2nd account I have faith it can work in my main!

freesiawoods
08-17-14, 07:27 PM
Free boost worked guess where ??? In my 2nd account got Dionysus but in my main I've been trying to get black diamond, since it first came, use "free" boost 2 times, instead of usual corals, wizard and celestial got Iredescent (no new fail since I got it a lot before and 16h which is problably aether so no new dragon for me hope Tl give me a chance to get black diamond I've been trying for months now. I've been using anubis x Dark angel but I did try other combos but this one have less fails, hope free boost work for everyone, since it worked in my 2nd account I have faith it can work in my main!

I thought boosted breed only doubles the chances for rares and super rares, according to the popup. Diamonds are ultra rare so...

chalupa2030
08-17-14, 07:33 PM
That what my pop up says ~ rares and super rares.

Having said that, I have been forgetting to use it!

laraelyn
08-17-14, 09:29 PM
I got dapper Dan with night/fire I'm happy with that outcome, tried it again and got athletic

MFAcct
08-17-14, 10:19 PM
My boosted breed on small account is no longer free. While trying to breed using Forest and Fire, I used boosted breed and got a popup saying "you do not have enough gold to make this purchase". Restarted and tried again and gold cost for boosted breed is 12 gold again. I hope it didn't take gold from my main account, I used it while it said 200 coin but obviously this didn't make a difference with the glitch.

I would check, but I have an aether in my breeding den and it isn't set to go into the nest until tomorrow afternoon.

buttabdullah99
08-18-14, 01:02 AM
I am sooo stupid I am again and again using simple breed 2 times
Instead of boost breed 😫😫😫
And got 16hrs in den

freesiawoods
08-18-14, 01:06 AM
I am sooo stupid I am again and again using simple breed 2 times
Instead of boost breed ������
And got 16hrs in den

Aww I have done that many times! If it makes you feel better I just got two 16 hour charms in a row using BB:-D

hugpete
08-18-14, 01:19 AM
With boosting so far I have bred Island, Mist, Mistmoth(new to me) on main and Island, Cactus(new) & Honeybee(new) on 2nd acct. :) also got on cooking that might be dapper...

freesiawoods
08-18-14, 02:49 AM
After Pixie I got Kite on main account, both new to me. Main account has had breeding luck lately, even before boosted breed.

maizee0404
08-18-14, 03:28 AM
My sister has been very lucky shes had a black swan peacock and penumbra...myself on the other hand not so lucky eagle firestorm and emerald (new)

buttabdullah99
08-18-14, 04:11 AM
This is one of my neighbours breeding den with boost breed OMG!!! It's looking very nice
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w417/buttabdullah981/Mobile%20Uploads/C4C998C2-68E6-4056-8BC3-5BBF88C1DA78_zpsa2p7kkmu.jpg (http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/buttabdullah981/media/Mobile%20Uploads/C4C998C2-68E6-4056-8BC3-5BBF88C1DA78_zpsa2p7kkmu.jpg.html)
Here is mine with boost bred
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w417/buttabdullah981/Mobile%20Uploads/EC68810C-F825-4209-8CE6-5B9648420BA4_zpsleindonm.jpg (http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/buttabdullah981/media/Mobile%20Uploads/EC68810C-F825-4209-8CE6-5B9648420BA4_zpsleindonm.jpg.html)

cookiefairey
08-18-14, 06:26 AM
Who needs boosted breeding to get mists and sunrises? Maybe since you make a big deal of it you can give dragons people need. Think about it. No fun

azucita
08-18-14, 07:38 AM
Hello everyone :). Ive been reading the posts and wondering what it means that the boosted breed gives hearts. What hearts are we talking about? :)

chalupa2030
08-18-14, 07:53 AM
Hello everyone :). Ive been reading the posts and wondering what it means that the boosted breed gives hearts. What hearts are we talking about? :)

Typically when you use boosted breeding, the breeding den bubbles with hearts. Apparently, for some, lately, that is not the case.

MFAcct
08-18-14, 08:33 AM
My boosted breed on small account is no longer free. While trying to breed using Forest and Fire, I used boosted breed and got a popup saying "you do not have enough gold to make this purchase". Restarted and tried again and gold cost for boosted breed is 12 gold again. I hope it didn't take gold from my main account, I used it while it said 200 coin but obviously this didn't make a difference with the glitch.

I would check, but I have an aether in my breeding den and it isn't set to go into the nest until tomorrow afternoon.

It is still 12 gold on that account!! My other accounts are fine. Wonder what's going on?

brandonu
08-18-14, 08:36 AM
I've had pretty bad luck boosting this time around. I've sped up some breeding and ended up with multiple Islands and Firestorms. It has not been all commons, as I have also got a Serpent, Firemane and Penumbra; but I have all of these dragons already.

I switched to Diamond + Dino and I had to breed 8 times in a row before I got something other than fire or forest (wild).

azucita
08-18-14, 08:40 AM
Typically when you use boosted breeding, the breeding den bubbles with hearts. Apparently, for some, lately, that is not the case.

Oh i see. Thanks :)
Ive been breading water and firest and got a serpent (new), island (fail) and just got atlantis (new). Im trying to get genstone. Maybe next one up :)

tuffyjkitten
08-18-14, 08:57 AM
Ok maybe now this seems to be giving rarer dragons. Got a Fairytale (which I don't need) and a Penumbra, which is way cool. Right now is a 14 hr that could be 6 different things but not the Triple Rainbow I was going for. Hopefully it is one of the 4 dragons in that combo I don't have.

clarity625
08-18-14, 09:15 AM
I've tried for Leo, as I don't have any zodiacs, using night and air. I got 14 hours, which could be Mist, Patchwork or Tricorn. I'd like to think that it's Tricorn, but deep down I know it's Mist. Patchwork would be OK, as I don't have it yet.

I've been feelling like I am wasting this double breeding time. So far I got Coral, Celestial and Night, all of which I already have.
I have a Diamond which is not ready to breed yet; is level 3 and my evolution temple is busy for another 13.5 hours - I was keeping it available for battles during tournament.

So I came here for some better ideas. Sounds like this doubled chances for rare and super rare still makes them very rare.

ETA: I hope you arr right, Tuffykitten. Maybe it is a tricorn after all. Maybe I can still get anubis, blackswan, rainbow or leo - those were the dragons I've been trying for.

MFAcct
08-18-14, 10:01 AM
Ok maybe now this seems to be giving rarer dragons. Got a Fairytale (which I don't need) and a Penumbra, which is way cool. Right now is a 14 hr that could be 6 different things but not the Triple Rainbow I was going for. Hopefully it is one of the 4 dragons in that combo I don't have.

That's great!! I hope you get something you don't have.

I stopped trying for my Diamond until someone can confirm whether boosted breed helps for Ultra Rares or not. I've been spending gold to get repeats I've sold off the nest, and so I'm now trying for rare and super rare dragons I don't have until then.

Using Night and Air trying for Leo or Bat, I've gotten Mist (fail) and Aether, which I didn't have. Now it looks like I have either a Wizard, which I'd love, or Mindvolt, which I don't have on this account.

freshfunin2008
08-18-14, 10:10 AM
I have boosted me some commons..... LOL...... not.... However I did get an eagle, laserlight, and I got an ultra rare in the arctic isles. Oh and I got a Justice as well but I already had one of those.

farmday0123
08-18-14, 10:31 AM
I got island , luck, fruitful , magic

njspooky
08-18-14, 10:42 AM
It may just be my time, 'cause I've been trying for a month, but I finally got my first diamond egg out of a boosted breed this morning. :D

farmday0123
08-18-14, 11:07 AM
I speed up n it give me 19 hour supper rare planner that I already have , why not just a rare 8 hours origami , or if supper rare is lacing wings . All done with boosted . Don't know what time the boosted end tomorrow