PDA

View Full Version : goals

Eeyore6702
04-29-14, 01:24 PM
Has any one ask that the goals you didn't complete be put in the tool bar? Like add to the gift boxs area so we could go in and buy it so we could compete. Or the one you didn't do all together. This could be done in all of the STORY games. Just think of the money you could make if did this (onlyb if thr price to complete them is right 35 gems for full ones 15 gems for half complete one if I remember the prices right.) I would like to complete all the goals I didn't get to do. And this way people could buy as they have the money to do so. Thank you for your time. Sharon

nmishii
04-29-14, 02:07 PM
This has been asked for many times. I also would like old goals to be available to those who did not have a chance to do them, as do most people. But so far this hasn't happened. But keep your hopes up, as there were a few other things asked for repeatedly that TL eventually implemented.

Eeyore6702
05-01-14, 07:44 AM
How many time does it need to be asked before something it done about it?

bobbyrae
05-01-14, 07:55 AM

Many many many many many many many many many many many many times. And then many times after that. There is no guarantee that it will be done though.

I'm one of the people who would also love to see everyone have the opportunity to complete the currently expired/retired goals.

ElaineCarrel
05-02-14, 05:59 PM

I think the reply has been given since this hasn't happened. I for 1 do not believe that allowing ppl now 2 complete the old goals it's right. TL sets a time limit on them 4 a reason and it's not like we don't get a new 1 every month. I don't understand y every1s stuck on completing old gols and not looking 4ward 2 the next 1. There were challenges that'd taken place b4 I started August 2012 but u don't c me advocating 4 those 2 b released. I've accepted the fact that they're locked and moved on.
So don't hold ur breath waiting 4 this 2 happen. :rolleyes:

minidemon88
05-03-14, 01:50 AM
Many many many many many many many many many many many many times. And then many times after that. There is no guarantee that it will be done though.

I just can't resist the urge to quote this post. Well said bobbyrae! Like like like! :D

bobbyrae
05-03-14, 05:52 AM
I just can't resist the urge to quote this post. Well said bobbyrae! Like like like! :D

:) Well, some of us believe in persistence, you see. We have seen, before, that silence here does not necessarily mean "No". So many features have been put into the game because some of us just refused to sit in silence. We don't hold our breath waiting for or expecting anything to happen, but we do persistently hope. There is a difference, you see.

We are not stuck looking backwards but we look forward to the next goals and updates, all the while remembering a time when we had no goals and no weekly or even regular updates. We remember how many people before us were persistent in their requests for regular updates and are happy that they persisted and did not sit in silence.

We feel that all players should have the opportunity to complete all the goals and so we keep asking.

ElaineCarrel
05-10-14, 07:23 PM
Then u have those of us who believe the old outdated goals shouldn't be released again and I'm not the only 1 who feels this way. I'm the only 1 who verbalized it.

nmishii
05-10-14, 09:29 PM
I'm one that believes old goals should be made available. Just a few days ago TL released a block button to pilot on RS and BS. This was a feature that has been asked for for ages, and it appeared it wouldn't be implemented. So if we keep asking, it's possible we may get the old goals released one day.

ElaineCarrel
05-13-14, 02:01 PM
If TL were 2 release old challenges then they need 2 release ALL just not the 1s from the past couple of yrs. I know that there r challenges that were offered b4 I started playing in July/August 2012 since I remember seeing food graced out w locked by goal over them. (I never questioned whether or not it was fair that other ppl got 2 do them and I didn't have the chance. I just accepted the fact and moved on w the game and played the newer 1s as they appeared.)
If released then it should only b done as an incentive 2 reach lvl 99 since ppl don't receive any other form of recognition except the usual round of applause.
I still stand by my original statement that the old challenges should remain locked 2 everyone.

bobbyrae
05-28-14, 10:25 AM
If TL were 2 release old challenges then they need 2 release ALL just not the 1s from the past couple of yrs.

Well...yes...that is what we are asking TL to do. Goals, by the way, were not in game at its inception. They slowly appeared in either late 2011 or early 2012, i can't remember.

maryd1215
08-07-14, 09:41 AM
I would very much like to have the chance to complete some of the goals - mostly the ones that rewarded you with recipes. I have several recipes grayed out in my menu area and it makes me nuts that I can't utilize them. Objects I don't really care about but the recipes i do.

twospoons
08-08-14, 05:44 PM
:) Well, some of us believe in persistence, you see. We have seen, before, that silence here does not necessarily mean "No". So many features have been put into the game because some of us just refused to sit in silence. We don't hold our breath waiting for or expecting anything to happen, but we do persistently hope. There is a difference, you see.

We are not stuck looking backwards but we look forward to the next goals and updates, all the while remembering a time when we had no goals and no weekly or even regular updates. We remember how many people before us were persistent in their requests for regular updates and are happy that they persisted and did not sit in silence.

We feel that all players should have the opportunity to complete all the goals and so we keep asking.

I agree with you that it would be good to have access to older locked items, and I do not want to offend, but I'm not particularly fond of your use of a Dr. King quote in this context. This is not an equivalent struggle.

(Side note: I quoted someone in the Dragon Story thread a few weeks ago about trying to get the Pride dragon and then reread what I'd quoted later and realized he/she was saying the attempt to breed a dragon was just like the fight for marriage equality. So I may just be being sensitive because I previously felt foolish for agreeing with that person.)

zbizek
08-10-15, 08:27 AM
Some of us players complete a goal quickly and are ready to complete more, but alas the past ones are locked, why can't the goals be listed, and if already completed cleared off the goal list?
And for those who don't want to do the goals, how about the option to "skip goal" ?

deekathleen
08-10-15, 09:00 AM
I hope if they ever decide to stop updating this game they will just make all the old goal content available to everyone. Or they can do it now, either way just release the stuff, it's just pixels.

R5FanForever1
08-10-15, 05:01 PM
I agree. Hopefully, this will happen now rather than later. Although, It would be nice to access some old items and stoves that are locked:p

ministripes
08-14-15, 11:48 AM
there's a goal to cook 22 meatloaf days, what appliance can we cook this? it's not on the lunchbox stove?

meme1098
08-14-15, 01:23 PM
It's on the cafeteria oven. Scroll slowly thru the appliances until you see it. I counted the pages in my inventory & its page 17, near the cruise ship stove.

***Since this is the suggestion thread....please put new goal ovens & stoves in the first slots to avoid just this problem!!!!

Also, the recipes for the cafeteria oven should be trays not days.

ministripes
08-15-15, 05:51 AM
@meme1098 found it!!! thanks. yeah there's so many appliances page and the new appliance sometimes stuck in the middle it confused me

poisonedwaters
10-19-15, 09:38 AM
There is a great solution to this problem. Just hide the locked items that the corresponding goals are no longer available for. Meaning anyone who never completed the goals should not be able to see those items. Therefore, out of sight out of mind.

Limited edition is limited edition. I have missed many a goal and have many locked items in my lists, and as much as I want access to those things, they are meant to be limited and should stay that way.