PDA

View Full Version : Shot strength

Marty67
04-29-14, 05:29 AM
It seems that the same selected shot strength on different shots results in different speeds of the cue ball depending on the situation.

If this is the case it is very annoying and makes it harder to plan the position of the cue ball after the shot.

GooglyMoogly22
05-04-14, 06:10 PM
I noticed this after I bought a bunch of gems. The game seemed harder to win after I spend real money. I hope this really isn't how it works.

Meowmeowbeans
05-08-14, 05:36 PM
Thanks for reporting this. We'd like to get a bit more information from you so we can investigate.

Can you let us know which Pool mode (Practice, Online, Or Tournament) you are experiencing this problem in? Are you using a Wi-Fi or data connection to play Pool? Additionally, do you ever use the English feature to change the target on the cue ball? This advanced technique feature is in the right hand corner of your screen next to the power bar and can change where the cue stick hits your ball, affecting it's spin.

GooglyMoogly22
05-09-14, 08:51 AM
I was noticing this in tournament mode and I use wi-fi. I know about the English feature, but I wasn't using it when I noticed the varying speed of the shot. Sometimes when I hit the cue ball, it slows down a bit right before making contact with the ball I'm trying to sink.

Marty67
05-10-14, 03:56 AM
I noticed it in tournament and online mode, using Wifi. The shot strength also seems to vary for lower force shots more than for high force ones. When using the cushion first it is almost imposible to predict the shot strength.

Yes, i use the English feature from time to time, but not very often.

GooglyMoogly22
05-11-14, 02:17 PM
Okay so here is what happened to me today. I had a shot where I wanted to make the cue ball stop after hitting the ball I was aiming at. I used English and I aimed at the bottom of the ball (I didn't want backspin, just wanted the cue ball to stop). It was a fairly long shot but I didn't want to give the cue ball full power so I went a little more than halfway. As the cue ball was about to make contact with the ball I was aiming it, it slowed down. I watched this happen and chuckled because this of course, is physically impossible to do in the real world. When the cue ball made contact with the ball I was aiming at, it just barely tapped it, leaving it very short of the pocket I was aiming at. Maybe this was because I used English and the English isn't working properly or maybe this happened because the game determined I need to lose because it's time for me to go buy more tickets.

Meowmeowbeans
05-14-14, 05:57 PM
Thanks for that added information. We'll take a look and make sure the English is working properly. We're sorry for any inconvenience!

GooglyMoogly22
05-15-14, 09:26 AM
Well the mechanics for the English has totally changed now. I'd like to figure it out but once you reach level 18 the computer players just run the table so it's hard to win any games.

GooglyMoogly22
06-16-14, 11:50 AM
This issue still isn't fixed. It doesn't happen all the time, but occasionally. I guess it's part of the scam to get you to go and spend more money when you lose. Also, there are times when the ball is lined up perfectly to go into the pocket but somehow it misses, or bounces out. I really, really don't mind getting the table run on me by a computer opponent, but when the game has measures in place to cause you to lose when you are doing nothing wrong...it just seems very unfair.