PDA

View Full Version : Where do gifts go?

LadyLolepere
04-29-14, 03:31 AM
I'm always trying to expand my land so I was happy to see that my neighbors sent me 7. It states that they are now in my inventory. Much to my dismay, they were not. I didn't even check on my other gifts. Where do they go? Why send gifts if we can't actually have them?

SpiritWind00
04-29-14, 03:42 AM
That sounds strange.... Are you maxed on any of the items? Probably not or you wouldn't have written here... Once you hit the Accept button they go straight to your inventory.
I'm sure Maguar will be on soon, but she will probably ask you to send an email to support who can check your game... (And she was!)

I double checked mine and it worked as it should.

maguar
04-29-14, 03:56 AM
If you were maxed on the item your neighbour wouldn't have been able to send it. If they sent it and you maxed before accepting it you still get it even though it would take you over your cap. As soon as you accept the item it goes into your inventory and disappears from your list. When the game day changes your newsfeed will show the last 20 gifts regardless of whether you accepted them or not. This will remain until you send your three gifts for the day. You'll be able to see the difference between the ones you've previously accepted (will say gift back) and the ones you haven't (will say accept). It's only the new ones that you accept that get added (as the others were added previously).

Do this test with the next gift you get. See what item it is but don't accept or decline it. Go to your inventory and note how many you have of the item. Accept the gift. Check your inventory (it should now be the first item) and check that the quantity increased. If you're not seeing an increase repeat with your next gift but take screen shots and post them.

Just a quick one, you are accepting not declining them right? (Sorry obvious question but I want to cover all bases)

LadyLolepere
04-29-14, 06:25 AM
Dog gone it! I thought if it said they were in your inventory you didn't have to do anything. I only accept from the people that I'm gifting to! Thanks for the info, yes I'm not maxed on anything other than veggies.

maguar
04-29-14, 02:38 PM
Oh accept the gifts from all that get sent to you. If you decline the gift the neighbour can't send another one (also they don't know you declined it cause you're gifting someone else).