PDA

View Full Version : Best building/resources to spend gems on?

MusicMeow6
04-28-14, 03:21 PM
So I've been wondering how to best spend my gems and I found this post (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?63575-What-would-you-spend-your-gems-on&highlight=Spending%2C+Gems) which was pretty helpful but since it was posted there has been so many new items added to the game that I thought it might be helpful to get updated opinions.

From what I read on that post it was pretty much a 7-1 vote for getting the Wizard School over the Barrack and fruit trees as soon as possible.

Since I already have the fruit trees, I'm considering:
The Wizard School (200 Gems)
Mithril Dragon (400)Gems
Fish Market (120 Gems)
Red Trillium (35 Gems) (I already have one and the valentines day bush that drops red and white petals but I've been considering getting another possibly)

For the gem animals like the royal pig and cow, the black cow, the white cow and the albino pig I figured I'd leave that to the fate of the quests. I already purchased a black sheep a while back and that has been great so far.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and I have another quick question that is kind of off topic but in the market next to some of the decorations and animals (specifically the Alicorn and the Dragon) there's a little crate next to the question mark. What does that mean?

Thanks again for any advice! =)

SpiritWind00
04-28-14, 09:13 PM
Here are my thoughts, but as we all play differently, please bear in mind that my advice is about how I play and what I've found best with my gems, which I do buy as well. Ok disclaimer over!

The good thing about this game is that there are alternatives for some gem items. Not all, but some...

Wizard school - hands down best building, get 2 when you can.

Red trillium - I have one of these and 2 hedges. I've found that gives me heaps of additional red petals to keep up with goals. Hedges give you multi coloured drops of 1 each and drop at least 3 every time of different colours. Given you have the valentine ones, I wouldn't get another just collect from it more if you need more red petals.

Mithril dragon - I don't have this but have found with 2 deep mines, both so L5 plus the mineral trade exchange and having fourth shard to craft my own, I have enough mithril and adamant to keep plodding along.

Fish market - I have this too and it drops the 2 extra fish every time, just 1 of each or 1 and an orange one. Useful I think, but again an alternative exists, so not critical.

The box in the market means you can craft the item as well as buy it. (Alicorn disclaimer alert).

The Pergola is a great building I always suggest getting.

I've received all my royal animals from adventures as well as stacks of lemon trees and other gem only decorations. Wait it out I think and do adventures for animals unless you are desperate for something in particular.

If you have lots of gems to use, the barracks have been good, and so have the reindeer stable and Inn for extra drops. It depends on what you are lacking or even how much time you spend playing. Lots of considerations.

The mermaid pond and fortune tent again are good additions to have. There are lots of differing opinions on the tent, but for those of us who need to "have it all", then there is no question of not having it!

Well. I hope there is some food for thought for you. Just do what you can afford, what suits the look of your kingdom, or to how you play. Good luck in your decision!

Chaotarch
04-28-14, 11:57 PM
1. wizard shool
2. wizard shool ( 2end )
3. Pergola
4. what u would, or u like :D

claupu
04-29-14, 12:36 AM
The most helpful gem items for me are my two wizard schools and the Mithril Dragon.

Nice to have are Maple Trees, Muli-Color Hedeges and a Mermaid Pond. I have all of these and don't want to miss them, but you can work around them if you have to.

I got the Fish Market as well, but stored it as I get enough fish from the ponds.

ShibuyaCloth
04-29-14, 12:59 AM
I am a long time player, so I have used from time to time gems to add things not earned otherwise. I have no Hedge as I have the valentine edition and no Mithril Dragon as I am turning by alchemy Mithril overflow in to Adamant. At this pace, I will hit 99 Adamant by year end. But I have every other building. Just take your time and you will get them all. I suggest the Wiz School by far.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-29-14, 10:14 AM
Definitely wizard school!
Maple trees are essential too; I go through sap like it's candy lol

...don't bother with the pergola... It rarely ever gives kitchen items and mostly gives stuff you can get easily (& quicker) from your farm animals.

MusicMeow6
05-05-14, 12:56 PM
That's awesome! How did you get Mithril overflow?

I am a long time player, so I have used from time to time gems to add things not earned otherwise. I have no Hedge as I have the valentine edition and no Mithril Dragon as I am turning by alchemy Mithril overflow in to Adamant. At this pace, I will hit 99 Adamant by year end. But I have every other building. Just take your time and you will get them all. I suggest the Wiz School by far.

MusicMeow6
05-05-14, 12:57 PM
Thanks for all the help everyone! :D

doobievilla
05-05-14, 07:45 PM
Wizard School but keep it at low until u can upgrade.. don't feel u have to upgrade it

doran89
05-08-14, 04:05 AM
Maybe this is a totally stupid question but what does the wizard school actually do??

belbar22
05-08-14, 04:28 AM
Maybe this is a totally stupid question but what does the wizard school actually do??

Gives you energy several times a day. Starts at 5 energy every 5 hours and then the time increase and the energy you receive goes up each time you upgrade. You can get a maximum of 10 energy every 4 hours and I think 12 mins at Level 5

doran89
05-08-14, 04:34 AM
wow sounds great! Need 9 more gems for that. If i purchase it for 200 gems from the marketplace, does it instantly become fully upgraded do you know?

roguebee
05-08-14, 05:12 AM
It takes all the Student Wizards you asked your neighbors to send you and siphons their excess energy into useful packets that you can acess every few hours when you need a little something extra to continue going.

meme1098
05-08-14, 10:11 AM
wow sounds great! Need 9 more gems for that. If i purchase it for 200 gems from the marketplace, does it instantly become fully upgraded do you know?

Each upgrade increases your energy & decreases collection time. So, no, you need to upgrade by collecting books from Old Thomas' & Libraries. They are rare drops but you can have several libraries if you have the coins to buy them.