PDA

View Full Version : Master Battle Thread Part III

Pages : [1] 2

sapphirecross
04-24-14, 04:47 PM
Battle Dragon Discussion Thread (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?51646-Battle-Dragon-Discussion-Thread&highlight=master+battle+thread)
Dragon: Master Battle Thread Part II (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?55224-Dragon-Master-Battle-Thread-Part-II&highlight=master+battle+thread)

Hi :) thought it might be helpful to have a thread for general tips related to what you need to know before entering arena. There's a thread for fighting and one for each tournament, but there's a lot more to arena than just picking a dragon!

So here's some of my tips for evaluating your island fighting strength, affording arena, figuring out what dragons to feed first and try to breed. There are so many possibilities!

1. Some of the dragons that are strongest are those that can't currently be bred. Any opportunity to get one is worth trying for! That includes:

1. Album rewards - scarecrow, lightning and storm are fierce arena competitors
2. Crafting - you can get lotus dragon just by requesting materials from neighbors. Other dragons you can make from parts you get in arena as you start to compete.
3. Summonings and World Events - even if you can only get enough parts for the first dragon, it is worth trying! The thread for any current event always has good info on getting the most you can.

sapphirecross
04-24-14, 05:19 PM
4. Limited dragons - any holiday dragons or anything with a timer that is soon to be removed is about to become non-breedable! Those are worth trying to get.

Feeding & Breeding

Your dragons don't have to be epic to win! You can win with any level dragon, but the more dragons you have at level 6-9 the better. If you can feed 3 dragons to level 8 or 9 or just get one to epic, how rare are they? If the 3 are common, but the one dragon is non-breedable - feed the one. But if you have rare and super rare, it's better to have more dragons leveling than just one or two epic commons :)

You can use the color chart (the list of what dragon colors are strong against other dragon colors) to evaluate your island and figure out what to breed. You go through the list and make sure you have a dragon strong against all the basic colors. So red is weak to blue and yellow. Do you have a blue yellow removed or super rare dragon? Social can be bred and is super rare. There was a value pack offer recently for a buy only dragon with those colors.

Green is red gemstone. Ruby can be bred and isn't very rare, but it's pretty easy to craft it too. Do you have a removed dragon with red in it? If you check the color list for Green weaknesses, purple and night are colors you want to avoid using with green. But you could pair red-yellow, especially if you got a limited holiday dragon being removed. Scarecrow from the album also has red, plus 2 colors neutral to green - yellow and green.

Yellow is difficult to breed a super rare black or pink - but if you crafted lotus, you have a great option!

You repeat that for the basic colors. You might have one dragon that is good against 3 different colors. So that can be good to feed. Whatever colors are missing, you breed for those.

The thread with tips for making money is pretty old and the suggested idea to breed the same dragon over and over on purpose is not the best idea for arena. You want to try for the rarest dragons, but you need to consider habitat cost and where to put the fails. Keeping some fails to earn money from is a good strategy, especially if you are struggling to earn money.

sapphirecross
04-24-14, 05:58 PM
It costs 5000 coins per battle in a tournament. That can add up per battle, plus costs to feed the dragons you want to level. So how to maximize feeding dragons for profit if all your food is going to feed dragons for arena?

Every dragon has a thread. You can get info about the dragons there or ask questions like what it earns at level 6. If you are deciding between a few super rates which to try for first - go for what makes the most money, if you can afford the habitat. Pink, black Night and white Light habitats make the most. Dragons with those colors tend to make more, but not always. Look at the info on your dragons because growing food drains your coins fast.

Consider which dragons you could get from breeding and what habitats you have to put them in. Try to limit outcomes. Red-yellow dragons can go on yellow habitats and there are some great super rare like honeybee and scorpion. But if you are high enough level, you can also get a mythic dragon from red yellow and the habitat costs millions. If you are breeding 4 colors for diamond, some color combos have cheaper outcomes than others! If you are still low and won't get mythic, it's a great time to go for the rarest red yellows. If you already have it, great! If you get it, is there something else you can try for with red yellow before switching to some other pair? If money is an issue, you don't want to have to build 3 habitats in a couple weeks that costs millions!

Purple - yellow can give royal; blue-yellow can give rainbow; green-white can give stone, etc. You can sell from the nest or stop breeding while you make money, but even better is being able to afford the rarest dragons and their habitats.

sapphirecross
04-24-14, 06:20 PM
To make the most money, you need more of the biggest habitats that earn the most. It's worth saving to buy the biggest and sell smaller versions rather than updating. You spend the same, but get some money back from selling.

White/light and purple/magic are where most of your money comes from without diamonds or the 4 dragon habitats, for a really long time. Because pink and black colors split, they are harder to breed for. It's a lot easier to get lots of white and purple dragons. Good place to put genie and love fails! Sell or trade commons only when you need space - if you don't, put them in whatever habitat earns the most of all their colors and keep trying for rarer dragons.

You can win with commons and rares, especially the first 19 rounds in a tournament. But for the hardest fights, battles go easier with the rarest, highest level dragons.

The egg chart with all the dragons and colors on it and rarity saves a lot of time when deciding what to breed for if you already know what colors you are missing, or the color tabs in the market.

chalupa2030
04-24-14, 06:45 PM
Great idea! I just started playing in the arena. Can you add a list here of the most powerful dragons that win the most?

I have three gold giving dragons but no champions. Not really sure what those are! Lots of epics mid levels and an all baby island that probably won't win much.

Sparkly888
04-25-14, 12:17 AM
It's worth saving to buy the biggest and sell smaller versions rather than updating. You spend the same, but get some money back from selling.

Don't forget that a habitat that is being built earns no money until it is completed.
While a habitat that is being upgraded continues to earn during the period of its upgrade.

ciarjen
04-25-14, 02:10 AM
Great idea! I just started playing in the arena. Can you add a list here of the most powerful dragons that win the most?

I have three gold giving dragons but no champions. Not really sure what those are! Lots of epics mid levels and an all baby island that probably won't win much.

Champion dragons are sometimes offered as prizes for winning tournaments. To get your first Champ dragon, you need to win a tournament. The prize for the current tournament is a super rare champion. These are not offered often. The more rare a dragon, the stronger a fighter it is.

This is the dragon to spend money on using ultimate attacks if you are new to the battle arena. You can get yourself a champ at a good price compared to the market and it will help you in future tournaments having a champion dragon. ( I probably win at least 15 rounds each tournament using a super rare champion.)

Great idea for a thread :)

chalupa2030
04-25-14, 07:12 AM
Thank you , Cia!! I learn so much from you!

MakJulos
04-25-14, 07:49 AM

Fact is, that if i made a list of successful dragons that win often then Water lvl1 would end up real high on list, always amazes me when Champs and Super Rares get beat up over and over again, and i send in baby Water which wipes the opponent.....

chalupa2030
04-25-14, 08:45 AM
always amazes me when Champs and Super Rares get beat up over and over again, and i send in baby Water which wipes the opponent.....

So that can happen! Yesterday I sent in a baby and it won against a level 14! I thought I was trippin! No clue what I'm doing, but it's fun:)

sapphirecross
04-29-14, 04:31 AM

There really isn't a list because each battle depends on the dragons you have. Someone who has mythic dragons will use mythic dragons, but if you don't have them you will use something else instead and can win just as easily.

The best thing is really to think strategically about the colors and evaluate your island.

So for instance, starting with the reds...

There are a LOT of dragons in the game with red, bunches of removed red yellows, tricolors, seasonal dragons, etc. The color chart for red opponents says to use: yellow (Y), blue (B), stone (S), tropic (t).
Avoid green (G), Dino (D), zodiac (Z), metal (m).

So, first, what dragons do you have YB? Storm (album reward) is one of the best, not breedable and easy to get - just keep breeding dragons. If you don't have that or another non-breedable, do you have a super rare?

Second, because there's gotta be about a dozen red-yellow RY and RYG now, look at yellow. Use pink (K), night (N), cosmic (C), or zodiac (Z). Avoid Red (R), blue (B), and treasure (T).

Blue is good for red but bad for yellow. Yellow is good for red and doesn't matter for yellow. Pink is good for yellow and doesn't matter for red. So two strong colors are the Y against red and K against yellow gives you YK yellow-pink - the non-breedable and pretty easy to get Lightning.

Lightning is one of the STRONGEST arena dragons ever because it's useful against dozens of dragons - that's why it shows up on list after list in arena multiple times for people who don't use all champs. For starting arena, this is one of the best dragons to get and feed to epic.

The more dragons there are with certain colors, the more useful your dragon will be who can fight it. What do you have for green-yellow?

sapphirecross
04-29-14, 04:56 AM
The other type of dragon you need is one that can take on the super hard fights at the end of tournaments. These are battles were there are few strong options against that dragon.

These are dragons like champions, diamond hybrids and pinks. Champs have almost no weaknesses. Any dragon you use has a small pathetic chance to win. Diamonds are only weak to other diamonds, but hybrids are slightly weak to dragons strong against the other color.

Crusader for instance is diamond and red. Red is weak to yellow and blue, diamond is weak to diamond. Ideally, you want Mercury or Gold. Failing that, you can use YB like storm.

Pink is weak to night, treasure, fairy tale, gemstone. Night splits like crazy and there aren't that many non-breedable. Secret was a night-yellow tournament dragon - but yellow is weak to pink. Amber the dragon from mining is also night yellow with red. Lotus is not breedable, crafted and easy to get. Treasure dragons can also do well - but treasure dragons are weak against diamond, so they tend to struggle if it's a unicorn. There are currently no removed fairy tale and only one removed gemstone - tourney reward sunburst. Black rose is red green night - no colors weak to pink, and super rare. Might not be as good against an opponent like lightning as Lotus is, because Lotus isn't breedable and doesn't have any weaker color to the yellow, but a lot of people have won with it. You use what you have. :)

In the actual tourneys, dragons with a weak color do win, and are often worth trying, but ideally you want to know if you have some of the best choices when you evaluate your team, and focus on colors you have weak options for.

chalupa2030
04-29-14, 05:38 AM
How did you ever figure all this out?? I'm not even sure what we are playing for one on the arena. The bluebell is over, right?

sapphirecross
04-29-14, 11:54 AM
How did you ever figure all this out?? I'm not even sure what we are playing for one on the arena. The bluebell is over, right?

With arena, you get dragons in 2 ways.

1. Every battle you win gives you crafting material. It changes after about a month and a new crafting material comes out. The current one is bluebells - you get 99 of them then can craft new dragon in spell shop. :)

2. Tournaments. There are 2 types - regular tournaments last about 6 days and have 30 opponents, give gold at rounds 15, 20, 25 and the tournament dragon at round 30. The final round 30 opponent is the tournament dragon - you beat him and win him. There are also shorter 2 or 3 day tournaments that have about half the number of rounds, more or less. If I remember, we've had 12 and 18? The final dragon is also the tournament dragon, beat him to win him. These flash tourneys have been retired non-breedable dragons - really great opportunity if you can win them in the shorter time.

sapphirecross
04-29-14, 11:58 AM
Great idea for a thread :)

I know you have lots of great tips - when will we be reading more of them? Lol :) don't you love other people volunteering you?

chalupa2030
04-29-14, 12:04 PM
I know you have lots of great tips - when will we be reading more of them? Lol :)

Both of you are amazingly helpful!

sapphirecross
04-29-14, 12:18 PM
Don't forget that a habitat that is being built earns no money until it is completed.
While a habitat that is being upgraded continues to earn during the period of its upgrade.

Yep! But if you build the new one in the next spot you clear, you can still earn from the little one while it builds. Then you move the dragons to the big one.

I don't think it's a big deal for people who check game often and collect from habitats frequently, but if you don't play as much you need every coin back you can get. I didn't log in hourly, rarely do now either unless there is a tourney, so this might matter more if you log in less. Thanks for pointing that out! :)

It's interesting to me cuz I didn't have money issues for a long time, but there weren't any arenas when I started playing and I could just grow pumpwings to save money. But that doesn't work now, with all the food needed to feed a good team of dragons for arena. I definitely play and earn differently now with arenas, and it helps being higher level with more habitats.

hugpete
04-29-14, 01:29 PM
My battles cost 4000 coins, recently up from 3500. I think the price depends on level.

sapphirecross
04-29-14, 01:56 PM
The cosmic dragons are back now - I got a popup saying they are back for good. This impacts battles and I thought it would be helpful to discuss how it changes my arena team. :)

My cosmic is level 8, by herself in habitat. Removed, she has been pretty strong in arena. Now her status changed and she just got a lot weaker in arena.

So I look to see what I fight against with my cosmic - she is good against yellow, night, fairytale, and zodiac. Sigh. Oh yeah, those.

Usually I send her against stuff like a high level super rare fairytale or zodiac in arena. It was already iffy at level 8 if the opponent was in rounds 20-25 where epics matter most, and I knew I needed to get her to epic, but now she is less rare than the super rares in game. I also lose a potential option against non-breedable black yellow (secret, amber).

So I can either try to breed eclipse, which isn't currently possible for me because I have only one cosmic and no moon or yin yang, or I find replacements. I try to evaluate against a super rare in rounds 20-25 cuz those I really need to win without gold, to save gold for the final gauntlet of impossibles.

So, for super rare big bad, what can I use? Lotus, eclipse, a super rare zodiac (don't have those either) or super rare royal (also no). I can reheal Lotus, but I really need a second option here lol. Any removed or super rare black dragon will work, but I have nothing else at epic. I have to feed either secret, amber, or black rose - all are level 6 waiting for evo I think. I can also use an epic champion, but my Ninja has won one tournament fight, loses most of the time, and is level 9. I'd rather feed something else. If he'd just WIN more...

For super rare zodiacs, what choices can I use? Red, mythic (have none), eclipse (yeah getting this one is going to **** me - I can try for Saturn or another cosmic and breed together for eclipse, maybe get lucky), metal. I have platinum at 7 or 8 now. White is neutral against zodiac, not breedable, prolly a lot easier to get this one to epic. More food!

Yellow and night. Some options are pink and green - maybe new marshmallow which I think has neutral purple. A white green yellow - which I think is Caesar, just rare, but epic so I could get lucky. Triple rainbow (don't have), and pink-white. Chocolate and valentine - both not currently breedable, my valentine is 8 or 9. More food!

At least this changed before I fed cosmic to epic, which was becoming necessary and now it isn't. :)

But feeding Valentine, platinum, and a black became higher priority for me with this change.

sapphirecross
04-29-14, 02:06 PM
Both of you are amazingly helpful!

I learn a lot from everyone still! I read all ciarjen's tips too - I thought recommending people try for dawntree to have for tournaments was great, with instructions how. That is how I got mine - someone posted instructions how to get it in the thread for pearl, because trading it gives a large white gem. I hadn't realized how easy it was before I read that - I think I got three of them and traded 2, then got an extra when they went limited. I like them though, I think they look unique and the leaves are soothingly springlike. :)

sapphirecross
04-29-14, 02:09 PM
My battles cost 4000 coins, recently up from 3500. I think the price depends on level.

Oh probably! Something to look forward too though eh? Lol

antsloth
05-02-14, 03:36 PM
Just curious if anyone has ever done this.

cakeandpie
05-02-14, 05:37 PM
Can you win a tournament without using ultimate attack?

Yes, many times. I've won probably 2/3 of my tournaments without gold. I even won several tournaments without gold before I had any diamonds, but that was before TL started adding Champions to the lineup though--currently I think it would be next to impossible to win a tourney without using ultimate if you didn't have any diamonds. It takes a lot of dedication though; you have to be able to battle at almost every opportunity.

MakJulos
05-03-14, 12:49 AM

I can't - i did once, my first tournament, because i was off from work and could play more or less every hour, i also set alarm a few times to wake up and battle - but in general my work doesn't allow me to play that frequently, and if i on top of that like to enjoy free time on weekends.....

It is set up so that you're supposed to use gold to get through tournaments, preferably spend money buying that gold too ofc lol. In theory i think you can do it without gold, if you can play hourly, but then most still can't since the lottery ways of tourneys often gives you runs of losses - very often you get some weak low level opponent beating up your maxed out higher ranked dragon over and over again in a most illogical and annoying way!

But, there'll always be those claiming they did it without gold, and they probably did - TL must've set the events up so that some win that way, to get hopes up for the rest of us - if all had to struggle always i doubt ppl would stay playing, but as long as some have it easier we'll keep hoping that it's our turn next time!:)

sapphirecross
05-03-14, 11:23 PM

Yes, but you need to be able to log in a LOT. If you can log in hourly, starting from the first day, you have a decent chance of finishing. If you use gold to speed rounds, you can make it even if you can't log in hourly. Plenty of people have finished without ultimate.

But the shorter the tournament is, the more you have to play hourly or use a shortcut. There are usually maybe 4-6 dragons that can take a day or more to beat, in the 6 day tournaments. So unless you can log in often enough, you run out of time.

sapphirecross
05-03-14, 11:51 PM
Green - yellow dragons ...

Not sure if these tips are helpful or just tldr, but I thought might be good to bring up the green yellow non breedable dragons cuz of all the people who had trouble with rune.

With all the ones that came out st paddy's day, these removed green yellows are going to keep showing up, and the best chances are harder to craft/breed gemstone dragons, pink and black hybrids especially goblin, justice, mask, and various super rare zodiac, cosmic, Dino, mythic. I had none of them so I tried breeding quartz (sapphire plus virtue, so I had a chance at cherry blossom) and got my quartz pretty fast.

I'd just evolved it to level 4 when tourney started and fed it to 6. It did pretty well too, until rune (green yellow not breedable) which was 10 levels higher. Pretty happy with how it did, but still not happy with my options against green-yellow. I saw in one of the recent tourneys people were using Egypt against green-yellow too. Wondering what other people are using? Anyone trying to breed something for them?

sapphirecross
05-12-14, 06:26 AM
Spending gold vs. spending time

In case it's helpful to anyone, thought I'd comment how I decide whether or not to spend gold in tournaments. Basically gold saves time, and makes it possible to win a tournament that would otherwise take too many hours.

Basic stats: for 6 day 30 round tournaments, there are 2-3 champs that can take 10 or more battles each, plus up to 5 diamond and diamond hybrids that without diamonds can be 5-10 hours each. At least that is the norm on my island.

In a day, I can usually do 10-12 battles. Sometimes more, especially if I use gold to reduce time between battles to 30-45 minutes. It takes me one or more days of trying or 30 gold for ultimate for every champion dragon. Every diamond is a half day, plus at least one ultimate for whichever diamond just won't lose. For a tournament like the last one, with 5 diamonds and 3 champs, that's 5 1/2 days just for the hardest dragons, possible only if I catch it at the start and have extra time on weekend, speeding a few rounds.

If I don't catch it at the start, that's 20-30 gold for ultimate or speeding rounds to get extra time. If I can't play as much on weekend (this last one was Mother's Day here), then speeding and ultimate for 2-3 rounds, about 90 gold. Plus there is always a dragon that's unexpectedly difficult for no reason, which is either one day or 30 gold. Really pushing it to finish in 6 days.

I rarely spend gold before round 20, except 1-2 each time when I speed the waiting time between battles, not often. I wait til round 20, check the list of all upcoming battles and how much time left, then guess how much it will cost to finish. For this last tourney, got a late start and didn't get to round 20 til day 3. With 3 days left and all the tough battles ahead, plus Mother's Day so less time and more gold needed to speed, would have cost me 200-300 gold. In the 3 days I'd get less than 30 battles in without gold and that's just 3 tries per dragon, not possible at all, so the only way to get the dragon was spend at least 200 gold, and probably a lot more, for me anyway - other people have different experience. If you know what is normal for your island, then you can have a pretty good idea if you will win - a lot depends on what dragons you have. With diamonds, the odds of taking out the diamond hybrids in 2-3 tries go up and it can really cut the time needed to battle.

I don't know how anyone else decides, but that's how I do it. If I want the dragon for what it will probably cost me, I spend. If not, I don't use ultimate at all and try to at least get to round 25 and win all the gold rounds. It's always possible I just get crazy lucky, and if I win a lot without gold and it costs a lot less, then I might spend. I only know what stuff will cost me from doing a LOT of these things and getting toward the end and not winning, having spent as much gold as I was willing to spend, so that's why I try to guess before I use the first ultimate.

peter_north
05-14-14, 11:48 AM
This is a useful tool. Scroll down where you can choose the opponent and level. Easier time choosing who to use!

[Removed third party link] (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?58319-Please-do-not-post-outside-links)

peter_north
05-14-14, 11:49 AM

I won the last tournament for the first time without using gold. Got it done early Sunday morning.

rissah
05-14-14, 12:11 PM

I think I'm pretty strategic when it comes to battle but there are a lot of opponents where it just comes down to sheer dumb luck. Which means the more often you can play the more you can sit through 10 battles versus the same dragon. I normally have to ultimate at least once a tournament, sometimes twice. But that's because I get frustrated with the whole battling the same dragon for 12 hours straight thing. Some people don't mind it.

Oliver118
05-15-14, 10:17 PM
Hi :) thought it might be helpful to have a thread for general tips related to what you need to know before entering arena. There's a thread for fighting and one for each tournament, but there's a lot more to arena than just picking a dragon!

So here's some of my tips for evaluating your island fighting strength, affording arena, figuring out what dragons to feed first and try to breed. There are so many possibilities!

1. Some of the dragons that are strongest are those that can't currently be bred. Any opportunity to get one is worth trying for! That includes:

1. Album rewards - scarecrow, lightning and storm are fierce arena competitors
2. Crafting - you can get lotus dragon just by requesting materials from neighbors. Other dragons you can make from parts you get in arena as you start to compete.
3. Summonings and World Events - even if you can only get enough parts for the first dragon, it is worth trying! The thread for any current event always has good info on getting the most you can.

I've always found my Fairy dragon a fierce fighter, and you can breed her!

sapphirecross
05-26-14, 08:45 AM
So a question came up in the last tournament thread about topaz (yellow gemstone) beating Anubis (purple diamond) since gemstone is not recommended against diamond, and I thought it might be helpful to give some general info about the color chart and other player generated stuff.

TL never gives specifics about how the battle system works. No one knows exactly - all the guides, tips, charts, spreadsheets, databases, odds generators, etc are all from players guessing.

If you pull out your color chart and go through a few tourney threads and see what wins, "wrong" dragons win an awful lot. Why? Since no one knows, it's hard to say, but two possible reasons.

1. All player generated tips, like the color chart, are from info averaged across multiple accounts. So for instance, if topaz has 10% chance to win on someone's database, that means that if 100 people all attack Anubis with topaz, the most likely outcome is that 10 people win. Something else could happen, a different number of people could win, but that is most likely, according to that database.

It is not your personal odds - you won't necessarily win if you fight 10 times with that same dragon. You have no way to know if you are in the group who wins or who loses! You could fight 100 battles against Anubis with topaz and NEVER win. The player generated stuff is across multiple accounts - it is useful for most people, most of the time. It's not useful for all people all the time.

Sometimes this isn't clear, cuz people are encouraged to heal your best dragon and try again. That only works MOST of the time - sometimes that dragon you're trying and trying will NOT win. It works often enough to be pretty good advice, but not always.

Most of the time with probability, your specific odds are close enough to the group odds, especially when all relevant info is known. You fight 10 battles with the same dragons and you're likely to win one, if odds are 10 wins in 100 battles. Not a guarantee, no, but your personal odds roughly match the group odds, if you fight enough battles. The more you fight, the more likely you are to win roughly as often as predicted. You might win 8 of 100 battles, or 12, but you don't win 50. Not without somebody *****ing lol.

With probability, it's not accurate if your sample size isn't big enough and 10 battles isn't big enough, so you can still lose all 10 battles, but with 100 battles or 1000, the accuracy goes up. So some arena weirdness is just because people are only looking at 1 or 2 losses. Probability is NOT accurate with small sample sizes. But that's not the only thing going on with arena.

sapphirecross
05-26-14, 08:52 AM
2. All accounts are not equal. TL groups accounts - only they know how and why and they never say, so again, it's player speculation. Because there are account based settings for things like sales, that appear to be connected to gold buying in some mysterious way, it's also possible there are account based settings for arena. With arena, there are at least 3 parts to the battle system that could possibly be adjusted, across groups of accounts: Color, rarity, level. Possibly there is another setting that isn't showing up because of the way the data is averaged out.

For instance, you fight Anubis 100 times with topaz and lose 100 times, but your friend fights Anubis 100 times and wins 25. Two people, again, not a significant size lol, but still, that's just weird. When tournaments started, no one knew how they worked, so lots of people were recording their battles, posting, making spreadsheets for other people to post, trying to get enough info.

Yellow used to be recommended against diamond. Before the color charts, that's what some people would say to use if you didn't have diamonds. Once enough info was collected, it didn't seem that yellow was any better than anything else. It's one of those things no one knows - does it work just for some accounts and not others? Is it just an anomaly? Only TL knows for sure and they aren't saying. But different accounts do appear to have different results.

Also, your level might affect arena. When people start in arena at lower levels, they use a lot of common dragons cuz that's what they have, and win. Rarity doesn't matter as much. Then as people level, some still win with commons, some can't seem to win at all any more. Does rarity matter for some groups more than others? No one knows, but the battle system does take rarity into account - which means it could be adjusted for different accounts, especially linked to player level so new players have a chance to win battles.

Some people win even if they use a "weak" color or don't have any "strong" colors. Other people almost never win if they have a single weak color. Probability allows for some of this, but not sustained patterns in accounts. If you can predict pretty accurately whether one of your dragons will win or lose, and it doesn't match the color chart - is it a pattern for your account or just probability strangeness? Eh.

blabla9337
06-01-14, 12:09 PM
Hey everyone!
So i just bought an Iphone especially to play ds,because i couldnt take it anymore playing on android...
I've just won a few battles and am now stuck.I dont own a single epic dragon,the highest level dragon i own is an eagle dragon on level 8 and the rarest one i own is a Diamond(lv6).
i was really trying for the wisp dragon but got stuck on round six or seven, and refuse to use gold to ultimate.the same in the arena,cant get past helios.
my question now:is there any point trying for the tournaments without some special/epic dragons?and will it help using the same dragon more than once against the same enemy?for example,the diamond dragon should have a 55% chance against helios.i didnt win the first try, should i try again or is it wasted time?i know its all down to luck eventually,but was just interested in your experience guys!
thanks alot for any suggestions and input.

midnightmeerkat
06-01-14, 01:28 PM
Yes heal your best dragon/s and try again... While they are healing you can use your breeding fails then sell them, they still have a chance at winning .. It's best to battle as often as you can.

charismabmw33
06-01-14, 08:57 PM
Help me understand something; I've been trying to beat a level 5 Parakeet with my level 6 Parakeet in the Battle Arena. I would bash it and then it bash mine but my opponents bash get more of my lifeline. I can't wrap my head around that fact that my parakeet get *****ed. I don't know if I'm making any sense trying to explain but I starting to feel bamboozled. Please help me understand.

Oliver118
06-02-14, 12:40 AM
I put my Elements dragon in the arena to fight against Black Diamond dragon because it's Super Rare. First I did magic, then I did bash and another bash, but I still lost. Can someone tell me why?

freesiawoods
06-02-14, 12:46 AM
You need to use dragons with the right colours first of all, depending on the colour of your opponent. Read through:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?51026-Feature-Overview-Dragon-Battles-iOS

sapphirecross
06-04-14, 04:54 PM
Help me understand something; I've been trying to beat a level 5 Parakeet with my level 6 Parakeet in the Battle Arena. I would bash it and then it bash mine but my opponents bash get more of my lifeline. I can't wrap my head around that fact that my parakeet get *****ed. I don't know if I'm making any sense trying to explain but I starting to feel bamboozled. Please help me understand.

Hi :)

Don't fight a dragon with the same dragon.

Every dragon fights well against some dragons and badly against others. You need to use a dragon that is strong against the other dragon's colors.

You will always have 3 hits maximum. You must do double damage on one of your three tries to win. The other dragon will always do enough damage to your dragon to win in 3 hits - no more, no less.

Your chances of doing extra damage depends on the dragon you pick compared to the other dragon.

You get points if your dragon is as rare or better than the other dragon, if your dragon is a higher level than the other dragon - or at least level 9-10 if the other dragon is higher than level 10, and if your dragon has colors that are strong to the other dragon colors. But even with the best dragon, there is always about 10% chance to lose.

Good luck!

sapphirecross
06-04-14, 05:15 PM
I put my Elements dragon in the arena to fight against Black Diamond dragon because it's Super Rare. First I did magic, then I did bash and another bash, but I still lost. Can someone tell me why?

Black diamond is ultra rare. Plus diamond and champion colors top everything else, so against an ultra rare diamond even super rare can be weak. Dragons that are removed can be a little stronger than super rare - it does not matter what it says on the dragon's rarity! All removed dragons are the same rarity, the rarity that shows on any dragon only matters when that dragon is breedable. Any dragon that cannot be bred is a "non-breedable" dragon, which in arena means it's the same or better than super rare.

It doesn't matter what combo you use bash/magic, you always have a pretty weak chance to win against diamonds and diamond hybrids. Elements is red green and blue - only the green is strong against the black, the other colors are just neutral. If you have an epic green-white, even a common one like fuzzy, that can be a good choice against black-diamond because all dragons are less rare than diamond, so focus on color and level. But it'll probably take several tries going through all dragons with any strong color before you finally get the lucky hit.

jaybay1147
06-04-14, 07:31 PM
I use my Epic Bladewing dragon for touneyments for the most part, to bad he isn't super rare. :(

PineapplePigeon
06-05-14, 03:29 PM
Probably what helps me the most is using the forums to find the weaker and more powerful dragons. I wouldn't be anywhere without the forums!!

leanneharry
06-12-14, 04:29 AM
Hi, Just wondering if any of the old dragons that have been up for grabs in the past battle arena tournaments will ever be in the arena again? Or any of the battle arena crafting dragons? I'm high level and missed a few due to commitments etc and really want them, as I have most dragons, I know some are for sale but just wondering about the others will we ever get a chance to win them again??

FigmentValley
06-12-14, 04:36 AM
I have never seen a repeat in the battle arena a a "prize" dragon, however many, many of the "older" ones from the arena come back around in other venues. Value packs, wheel spins, flash tournaments and such will commonly reward "older" dragons.

If you pay attention, though, you will note that TL is taking care of the "newer" players in many ways. One way is that they are releasing dragons that fill in the same color/same rarity as older dragons. For example, independence was red/white/blue. So is goodwitch. Ethereal is blue/white, now we have blue moon. There are many like that.

southpatk
07-15-14, 01:01 PM
There appears to be no reason for the winners in the battle arenas. I want to know how my level 10s are being owned by level ones? I will never use this ridiculous game option again it isn't even fun it is so ridiculously unreasonable.

MakJulos
07-15-14, 01:51 PM
There appears to be no reason for the winners in the battle arenas. I want to know how my level 10s are being owned by level ones? I will never use this ridiculous game option again it isn't even fun it is so ridiculously unreasonable.

Ack ack ack....are you too looking for logic? I quit that a while ago, when i realized that it is nothing but a lottery in the end....but i still get annoyed by the dumb losses, so i feel your pain!

PineapplePigeon
07-15-14, 01:55 PM
I never battle unless I really like the Tournament Prize. I've only ever won one tournament, the Angelfire. I might try for this Spellthorn, but I'm not going to freak out over it.

jptheripper
07-15-14, 02:27 PM
its only fun if i am guaranteed to win.. .

look. if you want a chance of your level 10 beating a level 20, then there must also be a chance of their level 1 being your level 10.

hugpete
07-15-14, 04:26 PM
its only fun if i am guaranteed to win.. .

look. if you want a chance of your level 10 beating a level 20, then there must also be a chance of their level 1 being your level 10.

Awesome. :)

charismabmw33
07-23-14, 05:52 PM
Please help me understand. If level 10 is max level then how do I get opponent dragons that are 10+. I'm battling a Turquoise Dragon that is Level 14.:confused:

cocauina
07-23-14, 06:05 PM
Please help me understand. If level 10 is max level then how do I get opponent dragons that are 10+. I'm battling a Turquoise Dragon that is Level 14.:confused:

TL makes the opponents with max level of 20, so they are a little more difficult to defeat :p

PineapplePigeon
07-23-14, 06:49 PM
TL makes the opponents with max level of 20, so they are a little more difficult to defeat :p

Yea...a little :rolleyes:

[S8] Elsa
07-24-14, 10:05 AM
This is by design. The Arena Dragons can have a higher level than your Dragons, but level isn't the only factor that goes into victory. You can still defeat Dragons that are higher levels than your Dragons.

cocauina
07-24-14, 10:48 AM
Yea...a little :rolleyes:

Saying "a little more difficult" it's too soft ahah :p

Elsa;935752']This is by design. The Arena Dragons can have a higher level than your Dragons, but level isn't the only factor that goes into victory. You can still defeat Dragons that are higher levels than your Dragons.

True, it's not only the level that defines the difficulty of the dragon. His/her type also counts for the difficulty of the dragon in the battle.

sapphirecross
08-21-14, 03:39 AM
Hey everyone :)

Is anyone breeding anything specifically for arena? And what if any dragons are you feeding especially for battles?

Last dragons I bred specifically for arena were quartz to use primarily against yellow-green and crusader. I've been trying for any other diamond hybrid I can get, plus some new stuff, using Venetian and crusader - got Anubis. When I have a free nest and den, I try for a while for quetzal but no luck so far. Sadly wasn't reading forum with the easy breeding with Olympus recently, so no mercury or gold.

Next on my list to try for is Rex, to use against Olympus dragons. Dino beat all the low level Olympus for me but couldn't get Aphrodite. I've been trying some for the Olympus ones, though not real sure what they are best against yet. :) I also try periodically for eclipse, for the extra option against super rare zodiac and fairy tale. No luck there either.

Dragons I'm feeding for arena: England, which is filling the weak spot I had against some pinks, especially as I try to never battle with my gold earning dragons in case they lose lol. Also have sapphire to get from 9-10, as I've been getting porcelain/quicksilver in arena. Sapphire mostly wins at 9, so not hugely urgent to me.

On the baby account I started recently I'm up to level 25! I have diamond, Atlantis, honeybee, clockwork, wildflower and rainbow to feed to 7/8. Have an epic landworm. Mostly breeding wild and mist there, for the shot at diamond and anything I don't have. Just got a magic and evolving to 4, to try for aether.

How's your arena team shaping up?

06hunter
08-25-14, 05:03 AM
Can anyone tell me what would be the best dragons to defeat Double Rainbow?

brandonu
08-25-14, 11:46 AM
Can anyone tell me what would be the best dragons to defeat Double Rainbow?

Champions dragon, Forestfire, Landworm

maizee0404
08-25-14, 02:59 PM
Hey everyone :)

Is anyone breeding anything specifically for arena? And what if any dragons are you feeding especially for battles?

Last dragons I bred specifically for arena were quartz to use primarily against yellow-green and crusader. I've been trying for any other diamond hybrid I can get, plus some new stuff, using Venetian and crusader - got Anubis. When I have a free nest and den, I try for a while for quetzal but no luck so far. Sadly wasn't reading forum with the easy breeding with Olympus recently, so no mercury or gold.

Next on my list to try for is Rex, to use against Olympus dragons. Dino beat all the low level Olympus for me but couldn't get Aphrodite. I've been trying some for the Olympus ones, though not real sure what they are best against yet. :) I also try periodically for eclipse, for the extra option against super rare zodiac and fairy tale. No luck there either.

Dragons I'm feeding for arena: England, which is filling the weak spot I had against some pinks, especially as I try to never battle with my gold earning dragons in case they lose lol. Also have sapphire to get from 9-10, as I've been getting porcelain/quicksilver in arena. Sapphire mostly wins at 9, so not hugely urgent to me.

On the baby account I started recently I'm up to level 25! I have diamond, Atlantis, honeybee, clockwork, wildflower and rainbow to feed to 7/8. Have an epic landworm. Mostly breeding wild and mist there, for the shot at diamond and anything I don't have. Just got a magic and evolving to 4, to try for aether.

How's your arena team shaping up?

Iv been having a nosey at this thread you started have to say i love it :) i do pretty well in the arena i lost the last one on the last round everything i threw in got beaten up!
I have a pretty good team of arena dragons..i love the tournenents aleays get super excited especially when theres a champ involved :)
Finding breeding hard lately i want a mythic not happening! With the world event goin on food is fast going ha! Especially when you need 4000 a feed...
Helpful thread tho well done :)

hugpete
08-26-14, 01:30 AM
My Lightning dragon just took out Zeus in one bash! Hilarious!!

sapphirecross
08-30-14, 03:49 PM
My Lightning dragon just took out Zeus in one bash! Hilarious!!

Lol, serves him right!

sapphirecross
08-30-14, 04:15 PM
Iv been having a nosey at this thread you started have to say i love it :) i do pretty well in the arena i lost the last one on the last round everything i threw in got beaten up!
I have a pretty good team of arena dragons..i love the tournenents aleays get super excited especially when theres a champ involved :)
Finding breeding hard lately i want a mythic not happening! With the world event goin on food is fast going ha! Especially when you need 4000 a feed...
Helpful thread tho well done :)

Thanks! I try to remember to post periodically when I think of things about arena newer players might not know yet. :)
I always find the forums so helpful even after playing so long and I like to test out ppl's tips.

I only recently got mythic. I never really wanted them til the Olympus ones came out - the habitats go really well together and I'd like to get Cerberus. The fact it's nearly impossible with those colors means I probably won't try at all, but he's the only 3 headed dragon that makes any sense to me lol. Not a fan of them, though I like wildflower. Was happy my baby account got one real early breeding yellow-green.

I wish we had 2 dens, and not for a zillion gold a month either. It seems like everything in the game at this point is just another crippled feature that forces buying gold to make progress. Getting kind of tired of it. For the last year, my album has been showing about 80-85 dragons missing from max #. I get them from events, tourneys, breeding, etc, but most of the breeding and hatch times just take forever. Literally a year with 80 more dragons available than I have, and if they weren't always removing so many, the real number would be about 100 now. And at this point, I tend to get new dragons I don't particularly want, but can't get ones I do, cuz there are so few color combos I don't already have. My hardest to get was tropic, which I finally got and was super happy about.

I pretty much just grow the 20 hour stuff for about half the event, so I never have food. I'm always glad when it ends and I go back to higher amount crops. I can never remember what I'm leveling, so I usually wait til I have about 50k food to feed anything, to get a full level or two out of it. I rarely log in hourly, so I mostly grow the 5 hour expensive one. I hope eventually they expand farms and give us a high quantity 4 hour one with some outrageously high price to drain gold.

sapphirecross
08-30-14, 04:56 PM
Baby account update:

My other account finally hit level 30 and got arena!!!

My first opponent is a level 4 ninja lol. Seriously! Tough little guy, he's beaten fire about 3 times now, forest, water, rainbow, wild, landworm, clockwork, mindvolt, and my diamond. At this point, the tourney will be over by the time I hit 32 and unlock tournaments and I'll be stuck with ninja for another week or two! Lol, man I wish it was February!

So I keep healing fire, and saving up money to afford metal habitat next. Haven't been breeding my diamond, not til the event is over. Need the cash to replant 6 farms worth of the 20 hour crops and for clearing - 200k rocks and 250k trees - forgot how much that sucked lol. But I am on target to get the final event dragon, very happy with the colors of these, especially the purple-blue-yellow. I am hoping it does as great in arena for baby account as Venetian does for main.

My only epic so far is landworm. I'm slowly trying to get all my super rare ones to 6-7, plus all rare ones with unique colors. Fire is level 7, and that will prolly be next to try for epic. Maybe then he can take out ninja lol. Everything else is level 4.

Had to sell a night off the nest, though if I had had an empty spot I would have bought gold for the blue-black habitat. I think it's stupid to limit space so badly that people can't buy gold costing habitats even if they want to. Anyway, currently waiting the 20 hours to clear a rock. Only being real familiar with the game and knowing what to do is the only reason I'll manage to get the final dragon for my first event and have the income I have. I bought the second nest very early, have had it for entire event and keep buying water dragons.

It's interesting how getting diamond at level 16 really changed the game for me though. Finding it enlightening to see how it is for new players just starting now. My arena team is so tiny! And everything is horribly expensive. The WORST idea is having the small purple and white habitats only hold one dragon. That really needs to be changed.

So breeding plan is metals and diamond hybrid after the event, and feeding them to 6-7. :)

Good luck to everyone else out there gearing up for arena too!

maizee0404
09-04-14, 03:35 PM
Thanks! I try to remember to post periodically when I think of things about arena newer players might not know yet. :)
I always find the forums so helpful even after playing so long and I like to test out ppl's tips.

I only recently got mythic. I never really wanted them til the Olympus ones came out - the habitats go really well together and I'd like to get Cerberus. The fact it's nearly impossible with those colors means I probably won't try at all, but he's the only 3 headed dragon that makes any sense to me lol. Not a fan of them, though I like wildflower. Was happy my baby account got one real early breeding yellow-green.

I wish we had 2 dens, and not for a zillion gold a month either. It seems like everything in the game at this point is just another crippled feature that forces buying gold to make progress. Getting kind of tired of it. For the last year, my album has been showing about 80-85 dragons missing from max #. I get them from events, tourneys, breeding, etc, but most of the breeding and hatch times just take forever. Literally a year with 80 more dragons available than I have, and if they weren't always removing so many, the real number would be about 100 now. And at this point, I tend to get new dragons I don't particularly want, but can't get ones I do, cuz there are so few color combos I don't already have. My hardest to get was tropic, which I finally got and was super happy about.

I pretty much just grow the 20 hour stuff for about half the event, so I never have food. I'm always glad when it ends and I go back to higher amount crops. I can never remember what I'm leveling, so I usually wait til I have about 50k food to feed anything, to get a full level or two out of it. I rarely log in hourly, so I mostly grow the 5 hour expensive one. I hope eventually they expand farms and give us a high quantity 4 hour one with some outrageously high price to drain gold.
After my last post im happy to say i finally got mythic and dino from the same combo :) super excited!
Im looking forward to the next tourney :)

ghostiemom
09-15-14, 04:21 PM
My epic guardian loses almost every battle I put him in. Even where there is a 60-65% chance of winning. Do other people have more worthy guardians? Did I just get a dud? Or are they all poor arena performers?

hestiarulez
09-15-14, 04:36 PM
My guardian is just as bad - but he hardly goes out to battle. I have my favorites that give pretty consistent results - if all of them fail, then I wake a few other dragons from their long slumber. Among my Champion dragons, Angelfire and Emerald Knight do well most of the time, Bronzetalon is on the border, and Razorback and Guardian are hopeless.

jptheripper
09-15-14, 04:54 PM
my razorback and bronzeltan are great, my emerald knight is pitiful, and my black knight is fair at best. Amazon, however, rocks

tuffyjkitten
09-15-14, 05:07 PM
Bronzy was the star of the Loki tournament but he was hopeless in the Rogue tournament. Immortal is pretty good for me too. Warden is the only other level 9 champ I have right now and I'd rather use some level 6 champs before him, he generally loses.

cheriesrealm
09-15-14, 05:45 PM
My Guardian is pretty good in the battle arena, but my Rogue leaves lots to be desired. :/

freesiawoods
09-15-14, 05:47 PM
I have been wondering what is the difference between a Rare and a Super Rare champion in the arena? At the moment I tend to use my champs quite randomly but has anyone compared their usefulness?

ghostiemom
09-15-14, 06:01 PM
My Guardian is pretty good in the battle arena, but my Rogue leaves lots to be desired. :/

That's weird, it's the opposite for me.

cheriesrealm
09-15-14, 06:36 PM
That's weird, it's the opposite for me.

I guess it just depends on each person/island? Seems so arbitrary. Maybe my Rogue would be better if I leveled it from 9 to epic. But, my Guardian is a level 9 also. ???

cocauina
09-15-14, 07:14 PM
my razorback and bronzeltan are great, my emerald knight is pitiful, and my black knight is fair at best. Amazon, however, rocks

My Amazon was the star before I start using my Mercury lvl 10.. But know I have two stars :p my Amazon and Mercury, when my Mercury isn't capable of smash his opponent, Amazon is the savior ahah

Kennedward
09-15-14, 07:20 PM
I have pretty much all of the Champion type dragons, they seem to be the best type to choose for the arena, and if they dont win, I'll use my Diamond hybrids, which would win the tournaments for me

ghostiemom
09-15-14, 10:03 PM
I guess it just depends on each person/island? Seems so arbitrary. Maybe my Rogue would be better if I leveled it from 9 to epic. But, my Guardian is a level 9 also. ???

Well my guardian is epic and my rogue is at 8. Rogue is a much better fighter now. Guardian seemed to get worse after I leveled him up to 10, strangely.

Skip2TheEnd
09-16-14, 05:15 AM
My epic guardian loses almost every battle I put him in. Even where there is a 60-65% chance of winning. Do other people have more worthy guardians? Did I just get a dud? Or are they all poor arena performers?

Nope, it's just that the stats are not in your favour. All champion types have the same chance of winning, whether one is doing better than another is completely arbitrary. It's all down to random chance.

Kennedward
09-16-14, 07:22 AM
Nope, it's just that the stats are not in your favour. All champion types have the same chance of winning, whether one is doing better than another is completely arbitrary. It's all down to random chance.

Yea, especially against those Lv20 dragons in the arena, all of them have only 10% chance of winning

PineapplePigeon
09-17-14, 07:44 PM
My level 9 Angelfire, epic Easter Egg, and epic Anubis are my go to dragons for the arena, they're the best! Once I get Angelfire to epic, it will be even better!

Zummat
09-18-14, 05:17 AM
I have 15 champions. I will use them in the daily battles just to see how they do. Today, Sunrise took out Immortal. I think they are overrated and I rarely use any of them in tournaments. I collect them because I like the variety and the designs. I have no problem winning tournaments without using champions and I don't use ultimate. But I love my diamonds! Having diamonds has helped me in the arena. If I had to choose to keep champions or diamonds I would give up champions all day long.

Patt1
10-10-14, 04:16 AM
How to beat champions in the tournaments ? So tired of fighting them for over a day each😰

hugpete
10-11-14, 12:05 AM
How to beat champions in the tournaments ? So tired of fighting them for over a day each��

Luck or ultimate.

LonePudding
10-11-14, 03:53 AM
Can anyone please link part 1 and 2 of this thread? Can't find it anywhere!

kooky panda
10-11-14, 02:18 PM
Can anyone please link part 1 and 2 of this thread? Can't find it anywhere!

Sorry about that, I have added links to the previous threads on post 1.

LonePudding
10-12-14, 02:52 AM
Sorry about that, I have added links to the previous threads on post 1.

Thank you very much;)

sweetie_bug
10-27-14, 05:24 PM
Hello everyone. I've been fighting a level 12 Icecrown dragon for 6 days now. I've tried ares, black rose, dawn tree, falling leaf, kabuki, lightening, lotus, parakeet, peacock, scarecrow, scorpion, space, stardust, white chocolate and they've all lost. I've only got a couple more to try before I go look for more options. Any suggestions?

awsumum
10-28-14, 01:00 AM
Have you got any diamonds or diamond hybrids? I try one of those if I come up against any arctic diamond type dragons, good luck :)

Anaboe
10-28-14, 12:23 PM
It should be gone now ;)

sweetie_bug
10-28-14, 09:45 PM
Yes it is

sweetie_bug
10-28-14, 09:46 PM
Nope, luckily the dragon's gone now.

jjblueyes
11-08-14, 08:43 AM
I've searched the forum for a full day now and can't find any info on how to beat the metal dragons. I don't even see anything in the battle arena guide...if I've missed it please except my apologies for starting this thread. I've been stuck on mech now for 2 days without any dragon coming close. Anyone have any idea on what to use? What colors might have the edge? Thanks in advance!

jim23cash
11-08-14, 08:59 AM
Sparkler has best odds
Then: Archon, Camelot, Clockeork, Fireflower, good witch, Hanukkah, Honeybee, independence, Phoenix, scorpion, social, Tarot, Zeus.
Metal is like: Soccer, Egypt, Champion, Valentine and Olympus. There are no strong or weak colors against them. Since Mech has (I believe) red and green, you would try to find something with as many strong colors or types as possible, with the highest rarity possible. If just metal, they usually suggest Diamond or one of the others in this group.
For more detailed info, Google : Dragon Story battle arena. (Wikia)
Good luck! :D Annie

JustBeKind
11-08-14, 09:43 AM
Hi,

Metal ( lev 10) - first I tried with Eagle ( lev9) bbb -lost, 2nd was with Blue Moon( lev7) bmb - lost, and on my 3rd round I used Firestorm ( lev 8) bbm - and we beat Metal !!!

Maybe this will help u. I think most of dragons can get him(Metal) , when u try just see which one more close to win and remember what technique did u use and next time try this dragon again with different technique ( bbb or bmb or mbb.....)

jjblueyes
11-08-14, 01:17 PM
Thanks guys will give those a shot!

jjblueyes
11-08-14, 01:19 PM
Clockwork destroyed him with one bash. I never use him as I've had terrible results usually. Thanks so much!

ahomeforme
01-21-15, 03:20 AM
Can anyone tell me what's the difference in using Bash or Magic during battles?
How many kind of magic attack are there? (Pink sword, green vines, sun, blue bubbles....)
How do we know what kind of magic attack each dragon has?

Thanks!

mbyte68
01-21-15, 04:20 AM
TBH they both jst different animations no matter which u use if u gonna win the battle any 1 of your 3 attacks will land as critical :)

tuffyjkitten
01-21-15, 10:34 AM
The different animations correspond to the colors the dragon has. In effectiveness there's is no real difference between magic and bash. I usually use bash but sometimes I use magic if I like the animation. I like to burn certain evil dragons with fire....looking at you DieNasty...

LonePudding
01-21-15, 11:29 AM
I like to burn certain evil dragons with fire....looking at you DieNasty...

I'm so glad he isn't appearing in this tourney!

amerirish
01-21-15, 11:58 AM
I'm so glad he isn't appearing in this tourney!

True, but his horrible cousin HELLios is in this tourney :mad:

Deenato
02-01-15, 09:49 PM
I noticed in all the battles and tournaments the dragons levels were at 11+
Is there some way to evolve your dragon pass level 10?

roguebee
02-01-15, 10:04 PM
Nope. We are stuck at Level 10 for our dragons.

rosym47
02-02-15, 01:57 AM
I noticed in all the battles and tournaments the dragons levels were at 11+
Is there some way to evolve your dragon pass level 10?

This is why I refuse to do any battles and tournaments.

Kennedward
02-02-15, 08:57 AM
Despite that, I still manage to win battles and tournaments with Champion type dragons, so I don't mind it all that much

Anaboe
02-02-15, 09:11 AM
Why? Even tho I our dragons can't level above 10, I still have usually 55-75% chance of winning, so it's not that bad. I've never lost a tournament before, nor have I failed to get any crafting Dragon.

Kennedward
02-02-15, 09:16 AM
Why? Even tho I our dragons can't level above 10, I still have usually 55-75% chance of winning, so it's not that bad. I've never lost a tournament before, nor have I failed to get any crafting Dragon.

My thoughts exactly, Lv10 Champion type dragons can easily defeat a lv20 opponent in battle

mbyte68
02-02-15, 09:29 AM
dunno about the easily bit there :D

Kennedward
02-02-15, 09:56 AM
dunno about the easily bit there :D

I usually beat it in 2 to 3 tries, or 1 try if I'm lucky:cool:

DaenerysFantasy
02-02-15, 11:16 AM
I don't have a champion type dragon and at the moment I just won't battle anymore. It's only gonna cost gold and I rather save that for habitats or dragons on sales.

mbyte68
02-02-15, 12:25 PM
i won a tourny with no gold , champs , diamonds it can be done won warrior queen last on my byteme77 acc was shocked as my main this one had to ultimate a few so keep at it even if its jst to get to the gold earning stages :)

Kennedward
02-02-15, 08:57 PM
I don't have a champion type dragon and at the moment I just won't battle anymore. It's only gonna cost gold and I rather save that for habitats or dragons on sales.

You don't really need Champions to win, I just have about 30 of them so I've decided to battle with them since they are the strongest type

nelliemoellering
02-17-15, 09:24 AM
Can someone explain the logic of having Dragons maxed out at Level 10 and yet be fighting level 11+ dragons in the Arena?

I'm pretty confused by this.

cocauina
02-17-15, 09:30 AM
The opponents can reach to level 20 so they are more difficult to defeat.

LonePudding
02-17-15, 09:37 AM
Can someone explain the logic of having Dragons maxed out at Level 10 and yet be fighting level 11+ dragons in the Arena?

I'm pretty confused by this.

Our dragons defeat arena dragons purely based on luck, but with a higher level the chance of beating it is higher. You could beat a level 20 champion with a level 1 fire or a level 10 diamond! You never have a 100% chance at beating anything.

PernReloaded
02-17-15, 11:50 AM

You've done a few tournies where the front page here has a list of dragon colors and their weaknesses. It's really a good guide to follow. No one has a champ until they win a tournament for the first time, so definitely try to epic a few rare/super rare dragons and see if that works out the next time there is a tourney.

Jnny2good
02-24-15, 11:52 AM
Has something changed with battling Champions? My diamond and pyramid dragons used to beat up on these, but the last four times I've encountered them, including the tournament, it's taken over a day of battling to defeat them.

Perry9877
02-27-15, 02:12 AM
So the Tourney ended on Sunday and we still need to battle if we want the Glitter Dragon. And who doesn't? It is purple and shiny and glittery. But what is going on in my Arena? Did someone forget to tell the Arena manager that the Tourney is over? Every single opponent has been either a Tournament Boss or a champion and the lowest level is 14. Hey TL, we spend 5,000 coins for each battle and we need 99 glittery rocks which adds up to gobs and gobs of coins. Do we really need to fight each opponent 3-4 times?

I have never had such a challenge collecting crafting components. Well, except for the Quest for this or that building. I rarely get what I paid for, mostly getting coins. If I wanted coins would I not just send a Fire Dragon off with 1,000 coins instead of paying for food, maps, gemstones or the way too elusive Comet components?

I am hoping that the Arena challenges are a glitch and I am able to craft that Super cute Glitter Dragon.

zyfazix
02-27-15, 02:33 AM
I noticed that as well, except that my opponents aren't champions and only 10+

ciarjen
02-27-15, 02:34 AM
We are currently on the Rainbow Sentinel questline which means that you have to win battles within a certain timeframe to meet the goal requirements.

Perhaps a coincidence that the arena battles are currently tough ones ;)

sha62o
02-27-15, 02:42 AM
We are currently on the Rainbow Sentinel questline which means that you have to win battles within a certain timeframe to meet the goal requirements.

Perhaps a coincidence that the arena battles are currently tough ones ;)

I was thinking the same thing its has been more difficult than it normally is.

jim23cash
02-27-15, 05:44 AM
Mine, too. I fought a level 14 Sabertooth at least 4 times before beating it (35% chance the highest odds). Before that I had several Diamond Hybrids, one an Arctic Diamond. All 12 and up. Sheesh, give us a break!

belbar22
02-27-15, 06:12 AM
I am so glad it is not just me. I have never had so much trouble in the arena. I have gone from winning 7 or 8 battles a day to 1 a day if I am lucky. Quite demoralising actually. For the first time ever I have a queue for the spa in between tournaments.

ndtrance
02-27-15, 06:13 AM
I don't know about the rainbow sentinel thing since I don't have that goal available to me, but my dragons have been fighting for their lives for the past few days. It's been incredibly frustrating. Every fight takes 3-5 rounds to win. I really want my glitter dragon!

ghostiemom
02-27-15, 10:30 AM
It's been almost all Polars, Champs, Diamonds for me. With a common level 14 thrown in here and there. Not so fair.

zyfazix
02-27-15, 11:42 AM
Oh noo. there's another tournament :confused:
Short one though, good luck everyone!

Lunaticus
03-10-15, 09:31 PM
Stuck on a Pisces Lvl13. *sniff*
Ideas?

greywagtail
03-11-15, 04:18 AM
Got stuck on Shell dragon just before the Glitter Dragon expired - so burned gems in the Craft Shop to get the Glitter dragon.

Imagine my horror in that the Shell dragon is still sitting waiting for me in the battleground and I have now lost two champs. Any ideas on how to get past it?

Annica5
03-11-15, 05:26 AM
Try Big Bad if you have him, he's great against tropic drags. Otherwise I would stick with champions. Refresh in the spa and try again!

greywagtail
03-11-15, 09:28 AM
Thanks - have not got Big Bad - it is frustrating to get stuck again on this Dragon

kooky panda
03-11-15, 10:22 AM
Thanks - have not got Big Bad - it is frustrating to get stuck again on this Dragon
I have used black knight before and he worked.

Dcdonn
03-11-15, 12:54 PM
Okay so I'm getting ****ed in the tourneys the last few days... I read in this list that others have this exp. But I'm still confused becuz the '***** sheets that Kooky posts at the beginning of tourn. seemed to work up until now. I get thru the tourn. Fairly quickly using those and received the Shaman dragon last week. But now w/ the tourn. still active & worth 'points' for the spring fling, i am receiving all level 12-14 level unbeatable dragons.... The last two have been Mask - I tried .. Warrier King, Gold, Shaman, Diamond & then just used the ultimate to buy the fight. Now I'm up against Cloud (white/blue) lvl 12. The lists shows that Storm will defeat Cloud but once again I am defeated right away when I try with an Epic Storm (by the way .. I'm using all Epics.. No wonder I'm broke, huh??!)???

So ... Is there a new battle list now that the shaman battle is over ???? I simply can't afford to just keep throwing gold at an otherwise enjoyable pasttime.. But I don't know where to find the updated logic???
Thx all for any/all help. You are a really fun new group;-) Oh and sorry about my confusion yesterday - I was looking for the new Forest quest under goals...

greywagtail
04-08-15, 11:27 PM
Been trying to beat Fireflower for 1 day now :( No luck with epic Champs or Aether. Any ideas what to try?

bookadey
04-09-15, 12:24 AM
I beat fire flower 11 twice before with Rose Knight 9 and Lightning 10. Hope that helps - Good Luck!

greywagtail
04-09-15, 01:02 AM
Have lightning so will give it a go - Tx

zyfazix
04-09-15, 01:13 AM
I beat it once with a level 8 leopard

greywagtail
04-09-15, 01:58 AM
Haven't got leopard :(

Have tried Battlecaster (twice), Razorback (twice), Rainbow Sentinel, Aether, Kitsune, Lightspeed, Lightning, Diamond - all epic and all lost

813vv
04-09-15, 03:09 AM
Did you try Lacewing with Bash first?

greywagtail
04-09-15, 05:18 AM
Tx but have not got Lacewing yet :(

rubyraks
04-09-15, 08:39 AM
I've beaten a fireflower with a leopard, porcelain, razorback, avatar and marshmallow...hope that helps.

rubyhummer
04-09-15, 08:41 AM
Used diamond

greywagtail
04-09-15, 09:18 AM
Just lost diamond (again), Razorback (again), Crusader, White Ninja - getting to the point where i am going to use the ultimate.

Thanks for the suggestions so far - appreciated

greywagtail
04-09-15, 02:21 PM
Finally took him down with Steelflare:)

Tinkerbel48
04-13-15, 03:44 AM
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting. I have been battling in the arena to collect for carousels for the latest dragon and was doing well. All my dragons are only level 10 because I haven't entered any tournaments. Dragons I am fighting now are higher than a 10 and I am not doing as well. Will I be able to craft this draft with only level tens or am i wasting my time? should I wait until I can enter some tournaments and level up dragons? I only started playing a few weeks ago, so not quite sure.

Annica5
04-13-15, 05:03 AM
Our dragons never get higher level than 10! So we have to make do with that. The super rare dragons are better fighters than rare or common, so concentrate on getting them epic, and keep breeding for Diamond, that's almost a must in the arena. :)

Tinkerbel48
04-13-15, 06:22 AM
Ok, I see, thank you for your reply :)

sneakykittie
04-13-15, 09:33 AM
Is there an official order?

-common
-rare
-super rare
-unbreedable
-ultra rare

My question is, which is more powerful? Unbreedable or super rare? Also, any suggestions on good dragons for the arenas? Thank you

Feel free to add me, I have 2 accounts, I play both daily
sneakykittie
Peachwaves

AMuffins
04-13-15, 12:17 PM
Dragons in the Battle Arena goes from level 1 up to level 20. The higher the level of the opponent dragon the harder it is to get it down. FYI - a level 1 dragon with the right color can take down a level 20 dragon. Weird I know but it does happen

We never will understand why our dragons can only get to level 10 when the arena dragons can go to 20.

No you are not wasting your time especially if it is a dragon that you really want since we cannot breed those dragons that we collect items or gems for.

happyheartfla
04-14-15, 07:08 AM
When in the battle arena, the dragons are frequently at levels between 11 and 15. how do we get our dragons to these higher levels? I've looked at a couple of my epic level 10s and they say 'highest' level. So where are these higher levels coming from??:confused:

bitealot
04-14-15, 07:32 AM
You don't love 10 is the max

happyheartfla
04-14-15, 07:39 AM
OK...so where do the 11 to 15 one from and how do you battle the higher levels? I'm reading the threads on the Arena, but they talk about using dragons of comparable levels. Do the levels on the arena dragons mean something different?

greywagtail
04-21-15, 12:27 PM
Have not won a battle for four days now. Got stuck on Angelfire and when the tournament ended got epic fire level 10 - which I stupidly thoought would be easy to beat. So far not been able to beat him. Need my luck to change

ghostiemom
04-21-15, 01:11 PM
Have not won a battle for four days now. Got stuck on Angelfire and when the tournament ended got epic fire level 10 - which I stupidly thoought would be easy to beat. So far not been able to beat him. Need my luck to change

I can usually beat Fire with Air. Try that and if he fails, heal and try again!

beauty7
04-22-15, 11:23 AM
Totally stuck on a level 13 gilded dragon ^^" Have been for a day or two und have been slow with trying to defeat it, because I already have tons of exhausted dragons from the previous tournament. Any ideas on which dragon(s) I should use? I thank God for all of the help and suggestions n_n :)

Annica5
04-22-15, 11:30 AM
Totally stuck on a level 13 gilded dragon ^^" Have been for a day or two und have been slow with trying to defeat it, because I already have tons of exhausted dragons from the previous tournament. Any ideas on which dragon(s) I should use? I thank God for all of the help and suggestions n_n :)

Against all treasure dragons, I use my epic Parakeet so yellow/green of the highest rarity you got.

beauty7
04-22-15, 11:37 AM
Against all treasure dragons, I use my epic Parakeet so yellow/green of the highest rarity you got.

owkie =D i thank God for your help n_n i look forward to trying it :3 really want that carousel dragon =P

greywagtail
04-22-15, 01:06 PM
I can usually beat Fire with Air. Try that and if he fails, heal and try again!
Did exactly what you said and took Fire down with Air on the second attempt. :)

beauty7
05-03-15, 12:09 PM

i was preparing my parakeet that day :3 while waiting for it to evolve, i tried camelot 7, und by God, i totally beat the round! =D YAAAAYS! n_n!

zaccy678
05-08-15, 02:24 AM
Hi all,

Fairly new to the game, am on Level 25, and so far have 27 unique dragons, 3 super rares (social, blue moon and Camelot).

I've been reading the game guides and know the battle arena will be opening up at Level 30, but I was wondering if I could get some general advice about which dragons to focus on levelling up?

So far I've been focussing on getting my commons to Epic (seeing as they're cheaper to feed!) but do you think it would be better to stop this and focus on feeding up my super rares?

Ie) would I have more luck in the tournaments with Epic common dragons or super rare dragons at a lower level?

Sorry if this is a dumb question!!

Annica5
05-08-15, 02:37 AM
Certainly not a dumb question! No easy answer but I think it would pay to go for the super rare, get them to at least level 7 ( as high as possible ofc ) The thing to remember is that ALL dragons, even lvl 1 Fire babies, have 10% chance to win so it's always worth taking a shot.
In my first tournaments I didn't even start if I didn't have 150 gold saved up to use for ultimate.

zaccy678
05-08-15, 02:51 AM

Think I'll be a bit short on the gold though, I get too tempted by the fancy habitats ;)

pernmagic
05-08-15, 02:53 AM
Certainly not a dumb question! No easy answer but I think it would pay to go for the super rare, get them to at least level 7 ( as high as possible ofc ) The thing to remember is that ALL dragons, even lvl 1 Fire babies, have 10% chance to win so it's always worth taking a shot.
In my first tournaments I didn't even start if I didn't have 150 gold saved up to use for ultimate.
Brilliant advice especially about having gold saved up to ultimate, I'm high level with multiple good dragons and as the numbers pile up waiting for healing I have to decided if to ultimate and sometimes I do, in this crafting tournament I have won 21 rounds and have used ultimate 12 gold twice due to the randomness of opponents :) good luck

zaccy678
05-08-15, 03:00 AM
Ok, better start saving my gold pennies then!! :D

jtm101
05-08-15, 05:47 AM
I thought i'd just point out that just because a dragon might be Super Rare, doesnt mean it costs alot of food to feed to epic. If you have any of these, i would feed them to at least level 9. FYI there is often little to no difference between the strength of a lvl 9 and epic.

If i had my time again, i would raise 1 of each colour combo to level 9.

Blue/Green - Atlantis/Mermaid
Blue/Purple - Aether/Mistmoth
Blue/Yellow - Clown/Storm
Green/Yellow - Parakeet
Red/Green - Forestfire/Landworm
Red/Purple - Planet
Red/Yellow - Honeybee/Scorpion

Pink dragons like Lightning, Divine, Lacewing or Marshmallow are great in battles too.

If you have Gemstone dragons, i like Ruby the best in battles (although it was one of the last i raised fo epic)

And of course Diamond once you get it then its hybrids

BiteMe111
05-08-15, 07:23 AM
As a level 25 player, you probably still get these $4.99 bundles every Friday, which include a dragon, some food and some silver. If the dragon is a super rare tricolor, don't hesitate, buy it. I've so far won more battles with my Cleopatra than with any other dragon and she came from a $4.99 bundle (those bundles will not be $4.99 any more once you get to level I think 40, they change to $14.99 or even $19.99, get them while you can).

If your arena experience starts with a battle/crafting dragon (rather than a tournament) , you'll have an advantage of getting very easy opponents at first, they depend on the level (whereas in the tournament everyone gets the same opponents). Milk this experience! The recent Carousel dragon was my first battle/crafting one and I managed to get 3 of them without having to ever use Ultimate. It is only once that you'll have it this easy, use this chance to get a good dragon that will help you later.

beauty7
05-10-15, 07:11 PM
ive been stuck on a level 13 tropic dragon for days ^^" even my guardian champ 9 cant seem to take down the dragon (tried at least 3 times). any ideas?

beauty7
05-12-15, 01:47 AM
for anyone else who may need help with this, by God, my level 8 moonlight just took tropic 13 down (second try) =)

Simdiva
05-16-15, 08:54 AM
I have been lurking around for a bit now as I just recently found this thread. I own a few decent epic fighters one champion and the other is the shadow who has proved to be often times better than the champ. Also an epic honeybee who has saved me many times I did not know storm was so good so now bringing him up to speed and have used him a couple if times...sure enough he us awesome. Another one I have found to be great and that I have used a lot is bubblegum, currently at level 8. My bubblegum just took down a level ten Helios after my epic champ failed. Sadly no diamond yet. I have not been playing that long so infused a bit if cash and now glad I did, love the game! At least you cannot make stupid misclick a like in restaurant story that can cause you to lose 209 gems. Did that yesterday and I am sure I won't get them back so I just dumped the game. I have spent to much getting battle worthy anyhow lol. Always happy to have more neighbors. Today I am having grief with a level nine melody, I have tried my champ three times, as well as a level seven night wing and a level 8 black pearl. No luck. Thinking about going ultimate but may grape she will go away, I only need five more keys lol. Heck Helios gave me less grief and went down second try!

humble14
06-05-15, 02:59 PM
What beats an infinity dragon?

diner2u
06-09-15, 05:49 PM
I have already fought him 4 times he is not going down. Please help with any suggestions! Thanks!

Mythdefied
06-10-15, 01:24 PM
What level is it? At level 10, the first 15 suggestions I get are:

Porcelain
Quicksilver
Archon
Blue Moon
Goodwitch
Hippogriff
Independence
Rainbow Sentinel
Triple Rainbow
Valentine
White Witch
Aether
Amazon
Ancestor
Angel

beverley54
06-11-15, 12:16 AM
Why are the dragons in the battle area upto level 14 and ours are only 10, how can we win ?????

epinederose
06-11-15, 12:26 AM
you just have to upgrade your animal to level 15 to have an epic one......

cocauina
06-11-15, 03:53 AM
Why are the dragons in the battle area upto level 14 and ours are only 10, how can we win ?????

Dragons? You are in the wrong forum.. This game is about animals and it's Fantasy Forest Story Forum and not Dragon Story Forum.

Our animals go from level 1 to 15, the battle ones go from level 1 to level 20, so they are more hard to defeat.
About dragons from Dragon Story, it's the same thing, ours go from level 1 to 10 and the battles ones go from level 1 to 20, again, so they can be more difficult to defeat.

beverley54
06-11-15, 11:59 AM
I can only upgrade to level 10, how do I get level 15 ?

cocauina
06-11-15, 12:02 PM

Just feed them, until you have a button saying "Evolve".

kooky panda
06-11-15, 12:45 PM

You posted this in the Fantasy forest forum - In that game you can feed your animals up to level 15.
In dragon story, you can only feed your dragons to level 10.

In dragon story my level 10 and lower dragons will beat a dragon over level 10. I just try to use the super rare , and ultra rare dragons when I can..

+++Merging this thread with the Dragon Master battle thread +++

ninasidstorm8
06-11-15, 01:19 PM
You posted this in the Fantasy forest forum - In that game you can feed your animals up to level 15.
In dragon story, you can only feed your dragons to level 10.

In dragon story my level 10 and lower dragons will beat a dragon over level 10. I just try to use the super rare , and ultra rare dragons when I can..

+++Merging this thread with the Dragon Master battle thread +++

It looks like this post originated in Dragon Story, I don't know if it can be accessed from that forum but if you look through the first few posts, this entire thread should not be in the Fantasy Forest Story forum.

zaccy678
06-11-15, 01:56 PM
Kooky, I think you moved the whole thread to FFS :o

ma1eficent
07-12-15, 10:49 PM
Losing a second tournament, makes me wonder what are good battle dragons to evolve and breed? My guess is that the dragons that you can't get through breeding and those with more than two elements are the one. Also of course diamond, gold and champions, but as those are harder to obtain I am mostly wondering about the other categories of dragons?

Annica5
07-13-15, 01:16 AM
I have a feeling the more a dragon battles, the better the odds. My Ninja is by far my most efficient champion, whereas my Amazon loses every time. Saw someone won the tourney using only Amazon in every round, wow.
Three colors don't really help me, I think it's the not available thru breeding part that makes Marshmallow so good in the arena. Super rare of as many combos as possible is the only way...
But don't forget that the single elements can be really tough! My sis, now lvl 40, bashes her way thru tourneys with epic Forest, Fire and Air!

ma1eficent
07-13-15, 07:11 AM
I have a feeling the more a dragon battles, the better the odds. My Ninja is by far my most efficient champion, whereas my Amazon loses every time. Saw someone won the tourney using only Amazon in every round, wow.
Three colors don't really help me, I think it's the not available thru breeding part that makes Marshmallow so good in the arena. Super rare of as many combos as possible is the only way...
But don't forget that the single elements can be really tough! My sis, now lvl 40, bashes her way thru tourneys with epic Forest, Fire and Air!

Your answer amazes me... The commons that your sister uses hardly work for me and yes Kennedward wins all tournaments with Amazon... While it doesn't work for you... Guess the mistery continues :D

Annica5
07-13-15, 07:57 AM
Your answer amazes me... The commons that your sister uses hardly work for me and yes Kennedward wins all tournaments with Amazon... While it doesn't work for you... Guess the mistery continues :D

I'm pretty amazed myself! She beat Crusader with Air with 1 bash and she can't understand my excitement :) Could it be that lower level players have it easier so they don't lose interest? Don't remember that battles ever seemed easy for me... ;)

Kennedward
07-13-15, 11:16 AM
Losing a second tournament, makes me wonder what are good battle dragons to evolve and breed? My guess is that the dragons that you can't get through breeding and those with more than two elements are the one. Also of course diamond, gold and champions, but as those are harder to obtain I am mostly wondering about the other categories of dragons?

Best dragon types are Champions and Diamonds, but if you don't have those the second best types are Pink and Black

Kennedward
07-13-15, 11:24 AM

That would be me, and I do agree with you, the more you fight with 1 dragon, the better they do, maybe the game records how many battles that dragon has won and continues to grow stronger that way? :cool:

Kennedward
07-13-15, 11:26 AM

Oh, and I tried a regular battle in the arena with Amazon, it was against a LV12 Crusader, which I lost from only 2 hits. So I haven't won all battles with it

freshfunin2008
07-13-15, 11:31 AM
I fine the ones that win are the good ones. LOL! Jk

ma1eficent
07-13-15, 04:40 PM
Don't remember that battles ever seemed easy for me... ;)

:D I can repeat that!

florawynn
07-14-15, 03:19 PM
As far as well-roundedness, Rainbow Sentinel is tier 1 vs more opponents than all other Champions. And Triple Rainbow is tier 1 vs more opponents than any other dragon that currently exists. (Others of this caliber are Double Rainbow, Divine, Jade, Morning Glory.) Mine's epic, and it's a beast. It has never lost a battle, and I've used it a ton.

As far as frequency of use, the opposite of what's been posted happens to me. That is, the more I use a dragon, the weaker it gets. Examples: my champs & Diamonds start off great. They win about 9/10 battles when first epic. After 1 tourney, that win ratio drops to 7/10. After 2 tourneys, it's 5/10. At this point, I've already stopped using them & have epic-ed new ones. But I'm a level 150 player w/17 Diamonds & 15 Champions. And this super short shelf-life for Champs & Diamonds didn't start happening until after I'd won like 15 tourneys.

florawynn
07-14-15, 03:28 PM
I'm pretty amazed myself! She beat Crusader with Air with 1 bash and she can't understand my excitement :) Could it be that lower level players have it easier so they don't lose interest? Don't remember that battles ever seemed easy for me... ;)

Tourneys are definitely way easier now for lower-level players. I remember my first tourneys w/no Champs or Diamonds. I NEVER won w/commons the way low-levels do now. Like Firestorm 4 beating Infinity 20 or Air 7 beating Mercury 20.

I have a lvl 50 account, so I can verify that it's ridiculously easy for low levels. My 1st tourney on that account was Warrior Princess. I had only 5 losses at lvl 34 w/only 2 epics (Landworm & Parakeet). LOL! I've won every tourney since then easily too. But it's starting to get a little harder.

Anaboe
07-14-15, 03:43 PM
As far as well-roundedness, Rainbow Sentinel is tier 1 vs more opponents than all other Champions. And Triple Rainbow is tier 1 vs more opponents than any other dragon that currently exists. (Others of this caliber are Double Rainbow, Divine, Jade, Morning Glory.) Mine's epic, and it's a beast. It has never lost a battle, and I've used it a ton.
Don't forget Marshmallow and Easter Egg (tho the latter is worse, but still very good). As are the Soccer-dragons and the Egypt-dragons.

As far as frequency of use, the opposite of what's been posted happens to me. That is, the more I use a dragon, the weaker it gets. Examples: my champs & Diamonds start off great. They win about 9/10 battles when first epic. After 1 tourney, that win ratio drops to 7/10. After 2 tourneys, it's 5/10. At this point, I've already stopped using them & have epic-ed new ones. But I'm a level 150 player w/17 Diamonds & 15 Champions. And this super short shelf-life for Champs & Diamonds didn't start happening until after I'd won like 15 tourneys.

I fully agree with you on this, tho their effectiveness decreases much faster with me: usually after 1-2 tourneys already. But then the experience kicks in. For example, Amazon is the Champion I use most often and she performs quite nicely. My other Champions are much worse.

So perhaps it's a combination :)

I raise every dragon to lvl 7, but those that are good fighters in the arena (especially when I don't have many dragons against that specific type), I raise to lvl 9 or 10.

Kennedward
07-14-15, 04:48 PM
TBH, once I get a new Champion dragon, I immediately feed it and raise it to LV10, and now I have around 30 of them.

As all of you shall see in the next tournament, I'll use a different Champion dragon for each round, so look forward to it :cool:

Clark_Wayne
07-14-15, 05:39 PM
From my experience, there is no best fighters : it depends on your random number.
But colors chart can increase the probability to win.
But i also agree that using often a dragon in battle , there is more probabilities that this dragon will win : i use myself often the gemstone hybrids (just rare)

About the fact that it is easier to win for lower level accounts : i suppose that lower level accounts don't have many dragons, so since there is ALWAYS 1 dragon who can win, it is easier to find it than if you got 400 dragons :D

Kennedward
07-14-15, 05:41 PM
From my experience, there is no best fighters : it depends on your random number.
But colors chart can increase the probability to win.
But i also agree that using often a dragon in battle , there is more probabilities that this dragon will win : i use myself often the gemstone hybrids (just rare)

About the fact that it is easier to win for lower level accounts : i suppose that lower level accounts don't have many dragons, so since there is ALWAYS 1 dragon who can win, it is easier to find it than if you got 400 dragons :D

Agreed. My dragon list is so long to scroll down that I simply use those at the top, my Champions are not listed at the very top, but very close to it :D

ma1eficent
07-14-15, 09:58 PM
Thanks to everyone that wrote their thoughts on the matter, I read all of them and still everything seems a bit random and the logic lost here and there... We can't really catch TL's logic :D This is how it all sounds. The mistery continues...

andromedablack
07-15-15, 03:22 AM
For me my level 10 common dragons work better than Diamond and Champion type dragons most of the times.Especially Fire,Forest and Firestorm.

Kennedward
07-15-15, 06:34 AM
Thanks to everyone that wrote their thoughts on the matter, I read all of them and still everything seems a bit random and the logic lost here and there... We can't really catch TL's logic :D This is how it all sounds. The mistery continues...

Agreed. While often times Lv10 works the most, there are times when even a Lv10 Champion or Diamond can lose to a low level opponent, so quite a lot of luck is involved as well.

That's where TL's logic becomes strange and difficult to understand lol :D

kooky panda
07-15-15, 10:12 AM
Merging thread with the Current Master Battle Thread.

tllgle
08-15-15, 06:29 AM
How can this dragon be defeated? I have battled it over 17 times. Used many rare and super rare dragons as well as those that cannot be bred.

kooky panda
08-17-15, 10:08 AM
How can this dragon be defeated? I have battled it over 17 times. Used many rare and super rare dragons as well as those that cannot be bred.
I normally use my Diamond or Infinity Dragons to beat the arctic dragons.

Kennedward
08-17-15, 10:09 AM
Haven't seen this thread in a month! Good luck battling everyone! :cool:

savage_mel
09-10-15, 01:21 PM
Any advice on beating the Snow Queen? I threw my best fighters at her but she still stands tall. I only need 5 more chandelier pieces and I can't afford many more losses today!

savage_mel
09-10-15, 02:45 PM
Any advice on beating the Snow Queen? I threw my best fighters at her but she still stands tall. I only need 5 more chandelier pieces and I can't afford many more losses today!
oops! I mean Snow Angel. I've been fighting her all day! I can only lose one or two more times today or I won't get the rest of my pieces :-(

savage_mel
09-28-15, 04:47 PM
These arctic island dragons keep showing up in my battle arena. But why can't I use my arctic island dragons to fight back? Seems kind of unfair

pernmagic
09-29-15, 01:18 AM
These arctic island dragons keep showing up in my battle arena. But why can't I use my arctic island dragons to fight back? Seems kind of unfair

Use a champ or high level diamond/hybrid for best chance but they are not easy .... I have succeeded with fire based dragons occasionally

savage_mel
09-29-15, 11:56 AM
Use a champ or high level diamond/hybrid for best chance but they are not easy .... I have succeeded with fire based dragons occasionally

Thanks for the tip. The only champ i have is Warrior Prince and he lost. He's actually been quite useless to me since I got him. A bit of a disappointment there. I have a diamond, but sadly no hybrids. I've tried several fire based dragons with no luck! thankfully though, with the start of the tournament, it just went away

savage_mel
10-18-15, 02:53 PM
Help! Valkyrie has sent a loooong line to the spa! He's been kicking butt for 2 days. Any tips? I've tried my diamond, infinity and warrior prince several times plus a variety of others

luckyaa7
10-18-15, 03:39 PM
Help! Valkyrie has sent a loooong line to the spa! He's been kicking butt for 2 days. Any tips? I've tried my diamond, infinity and warrior prince several times plus a variety of others

Try firestorm or fire. It worked for me against champs before.

savage_mel
10-18-15, 03:51 PM
Try firestorm or fire. It worked for me against champs before.
i've tried Fire but not firestorm. I'll throw him into the ring next

DeeDe99
10-20-15, 12:27 AM
One hit from mine (magic), one from the opponent. Glad mine was tougher!

sam204
10-20-15, 11:15 PM
One hit from mine (magic), one from the opponent. Glad mine was tougher!

Battles are really Unpredictable and some times V funny . Your magic hit from Lv13 Diamond against Lv13 Diamond almost finished him , though not KO . But My Lv15 Diamond lost against Lv10 Diamond . (???) and next round My Gold D KO same opponent ! What u say ?

DeeDe99
10-21-15, 04:12 AM
well. Sam there is a built in randomness to getting a critical hit.

Oh best thing I ever did was get Fireflower to epic - she is deadly against metal types!

alexis_42
10-21-15, 03:46 PM
I have probably a newbie question. With the items you get from winning battles, are they ever reused? I haven't dumped anything from my storage and was wondering if they are just taking up space.

DeeDe99
10-21-15, 06:47 PM
I have probably a newbie question. With the items you get from winning battles, are they ever reused? I haven't dumped anything from my storage and was wondering if they are just taking up space.

Do you mean if you didn't collect enough to craft the dragon or you collected more and have some spare? If that is what you mean, apparently they are not re-used, just hang around for ever.

If, as a newbie, you didn't know to craft dragons from them, head to the Spell Shop. Collect 99 pieces and craft a dragon.

savage_mel
11-12-15, 08:43 AM
I am having a helluva time in battles on my second account! its only level 60-something and I don't really have any strong fighters yet. I was stuck for days on Diamond Prism before the tournament. So I was thankful when a tournament started so I could get that out of my arena. I made it already to round 19 where I got stuck on Eclipse for the duration of the tournament. So, I was happy when that was over and I could get back to regular battles and collecting my sweet treats, but the first battle i entered after the tourney was Dark Angel! Seriously...give me a break!

ireyesi
11-21-15, 08:31 AM
How are you supposed to beat them? Do you have to use a diamond dragon? Or do you have to spend the 30 gold to get that critical?

hiabarara
11-21-15, 08:37 AM
It seems to be so random. You don't have to use a Diamond Dragon, no. I don't have one and I beat the Champions multiple times. Sometimes I use my Champions, sometimes I use random high-level dragons. Some people swear by the newest mining, crafting and Dragon Tales dragons. And then there are also some people who beat high-level Champions with Fire level 1 or Air level 1.

I don't think there's a certain formula. Trial and error seems to be the way to go. Over and over and over again.

feonalily
11-21-15, 08:45 AM
Its just a ridiculously low chance of beating them no matter what you use

Ajcl01
11-21-15, 09:19 AM
Its just a ridiculously low chance of beating them no matter what you use

Ridiculous is the word! I have beaten a champion first try withMist lvl 1. Now I've tried more than 20 times with all kinds of different dragons. Don't have any Diamonds, but I don't think it matters. I can speed 7 times for 28 gold or give up and spend 30 gold, hmm... And still a champion to beat in round 30. Gee how fun this game is.

Bastiaan0
11-22-15, 09:28 AM
How are you supposed to beat them? Do you have to use a diamond dragon? Or do you have to spend the 30 gold to get that critical?

Also against champs I use the simple commons like Fire, Forest and Air.
Have a look at my battle list from the Dueler tournament to get an idea of what I mean.

And what I said later:
If epics can't win from champs, try tickling (bash-bash-bash) them with babies. My guess is that they laugh until they pass out :D

Cesar49
11-23-15, 03:52 AM
I'm currently facing one of these dragons in the arena, but have no idea what it is! Any help would be appreciated.

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 04:03 AM
Olympus type.

Cesar49
11-23-15, 05:06 AM
Thank you! ��

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 05:11 AM
You are welcome!

Simdiva
11-23-15, 06:22 AM
When facing any of these special type, ie soccer, Egypt look at the type chart and notice how it says type has no effect. That means you can ignore that symbol complete for all intents. The type is helpful to you as an aggressor, ie soccer and metal dragons can be very helpful against certain dragons.minfefeated the red queen very quickly in the last tournament by using a soccer dragon when other were pulling out their hair. However for defence, just pretend it's not there, if you see Olympus p,us blue you are defending against water. Hope this helps.

DeeDe99
11-23-15, 05:58 PM
The Castle Dragon is doing my head in. So far he has sent Diamond 15, Lightning 11 and Banshee 13 to the spa and this isn't even a tournament! LOL

I don't have a senior White/pink in my ranks, am going to try Harvest next. Have to avoid green so Jigsaw and Watermelon are out for this one. Purple and Black are also "avoid" so I'm not left with many choices at this rate.

Edit: 'Tis OK. Warrior Prince finally dispatched the bothersome creature. Rather unremarkable looking, for a dragon, I have to say.

snowyglowy
11-24-15, 02:01 PM
Anyone can you help me please I'm stuck in battle against snowflakes 13 lvl? Ty

Hawk1
11-24-15, 02:19 PM

Snowflake turned up 2x in 4 or 5 battles and was defeated both times by Gilded Knight, good luck

hiabarara
11-25-15, 01:41 AM

I knocked it out with Fire 10.

Simdiva
11-27-15, 02:34 AM
I just had a rather interesting battle pop up in my arena. A fruition dragon. I have not found any information on how to **** him so will use my champ for now but information would be appreciated?

Simdiva
11-27-15, 02:35 AM
I knocked it out with Fire 10.

All of those are best off with high level champs fir future,

Annica5
11-27-15, 02:43 AM
Everyone tells me champions are the best, if not only, choice against arctic dragons but I stubbornly use the fire element with great effect. Scorpion or plain Fire or Crusader against the icy diamonds. I believe the arctic dragons seldom appears nowadays knock wood.

DeeDe99
11-27-15, 02:49 AM
I just had a rather interesting battle pop up in my arena. A fruition dragon. I have not found any information on how to **** him so will use my champ for now but information would be appreciated?

Yep, I've had him a couple of times. First I elected to treat him as a red/green but that wasn't successful. From memory I used a champ too in the end.

hiabarara
11-27-15, 03:36 AM
Everyone tells me champions are the best, if not only, choice against arctic dragons but I stubbornly use the fire element with great effect. Scorpion or plain Fire or Crusader against the icy diamonds. I believe the arctic dragons seldom appears nowadays knock wood.

Exactly. Fire 10 is actually my favorite for any Ice Types (Abominable, Ice Age and Blizzard). It usually uses one hit and they're down.

dicktrom
12-04-15, 05:19 PM
Untill now I have been guessing which opponent to choose. My strategy so far is to use colors that are not present in the oponent. Most of the time that works, sometimes it don't. Now I have to fight a baby mammothdragon lv1. I happen to have a lv10 mammothdragon, so that shoud be easy. Turns out that my lv10 is defeated by the lv1 baby. How can that be? Can anyone please explain the rules of combat to me? Or is it designed as a guessing game or just (bad) luck?

devlinholics
12-04-15, 06:45 PM
Untill now I have been guessing which opponent to choose. My strategy so far is to use colors that are not present in the oponent. Most of the time that works, sometimes it don't. Now I have to fight a baby mammothdragon lv1. I happen to have a lv10 mammothdragon, so that shoud be easy. Turns out that my lv10 is defeated by the lv1 baby. How can that be? Can anyone please explain the rules of combat to me? Or is it designed as a guessing game or just (bad) luck?

There is a chart at the very start of each dragon battles, you can follow that if you are having trouble, this is just Imo... I felt dragon battles are random regardless... Every1 seems pretty different n some felt the chart helps them...

You can see it for yrself lol lvl10 lost to lvl1 dun be surprise ... Even lvl15 might lost to lvl1....guessing game or bad luck or other players opinion I just pick my Favourite 2 dragons to battle if both lost or in dragon spa I buy baby fire or forest to fight ...rinse n repeat so I do not have a Long queue in spa lol

But this is just my opinion from a level59 player who play less than 3months here.... Bet there are others who might give u better advice :)

dicktrom
12-04-15, 07:57 PM
Txs for the advise. Where can I find the chart u speak of? I've never seen one ...

DeeDe99
12-04-15, 08:20 PM
****trom, it is on the first post of the last tournament.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?86535-Dueler-Dragon-Tournament-Nov-17-2015&highlight=dueler

That link should get you there.

I think the colours are important, my advice is to avoid anything in the "Avoid" column! But everyone has their own theories. :) And yes, level 1 can knock of the big ***s, there is a degree of randomness to it all.

groovyedwin
12-05-15, 02:16 AM
Can't post the request information since it is prohibited.

groovyedwin
12-05-15, 02:23 AM
There is a chart at the very start of each dragon battles, you can follow that if you are having trouble, this is just Imo... I felt dragon battles are random regardless... Every1 seems pretty different n some felt the chart helps them...

You can see it for yrself lol lvl10 lost to lvl1 dun be surprise ... Even lvl15 might lost to lvl1....guessing game or bad luck or other players opinion I just pick my Favourite 2 dragons to battle if both lost or in dragon spa I buy baby fire or forest to fight ...rinse n repeat so I do not have a Long queue in spa lol

But this is just my opinion from a level59 player who play less than 3months here.... Bet there are others who might give u better advice :)

Fuzzy and Fire dragons are real good for tournmants where the prize is a champion type dragon.

One tourny I used 1st level Fire dragons only for R19-R30. I went 12-12. If the dragon lost I sold it and bought another. You should keep a hatching nest open to allow yourself the ability to buy a Fire dragon, hatch it, place in a habitat, fight with it. Repeat if necessary.

For this tournmant I have gone through r1-r10 with a record of 10-0 using a 15th level Forestfire (red green super rare dragon = same as Landworm) using magic only.

devlinholics
12-05-15, 03:24 AM
Fuzzy and Fire dragons are real good for tournmants where the prize is a champion type dragon.

One tourny I used 1st level Fire dragons only for R19-R30. I went 12-12. If the dragon lost I sold it and bought another. You should keep a hatching nest open to allow yourself the ability to buy a Fire dragon, hatch it, place in a habitat, fight with it. Repeat if necessary.

For this tournmant I have gone through r1-r10 with a record of 10-0 using a 15th level Forestfire (red green super rare dragon = same as Landworm) using magic only.

Forest fire I dun think I have it or even heard of it lol... I LOVE using commons for battles green,red purple white etc... Not that I had a choice. Been through 3 torment so far... Gt 2x champions the yellow n black snake I did not get it I was on the last round I believe but I did not use ultimate or bother to try...

You are so right baby fire1 works wonder at times but sadly not for all players. I even skip this battle since the dragon design is ugly imo. I already collected 99pcs so no point of battling... I can chill n relax for maybe 1week in DS lol

Edit: I have a Neighbour who use ONLY air10 or light10 or magic10 in ALL battles, I really cannot remember which is it but it just did not works for me when I tried maybe his eg. Magic10 is glitch because that beast of his is winning 90% of battles... He breed another type say magic15 but it just do not have the win rate like his magic10.

His 15diamonds or 15champion just cannot win that well too... He stop posting in here too he is afraid s8 might check on his account lol.... I always remember that skeletal knight event he use some speed boost n gt it in less than a day lol because eg. 15rounds he won all 15 using the same dragon... When he hatch in the nest every1 was asking about his egg lol... Now even if he complete he just leave in storage n hatch later to avoid question

dicktrom
12-05-15, 09:42 AM
Thanks a lot guys. Good advice all round and things I never thought of myself.

groovyedwin
12-05-15, 03:50 PM
Forestfire is retired but shows up periodically on the Spin to Win wheel. The dude is still trucking along at 15-0. Landworm is the equivalent that is still available for breeding.

The key with Fire 1st level is to use them consecutively along with using the same attack mode. Somehow it seems to weaken the opponent and you get a win usually within the first two battles.

I sold my 4th level Fuzzy that use to dominate tournament bosses that were champion types. Still working on getting that same fuzzy back.

groovyedwin
12-05-15, 03:51 PM
Other good dragons are scorpion, poison, celestial, etc.

mystctattoo
12-07-15, 07:18 AM
I agree about baby fire I never battle the tougher dragons with champs or diamonds only commons or the good super rares like Landworm he really is a beast in the arena. I have also found baby fruitful or up to lvl 3 fruitful and firestorm to be very good as well. Good luck to you

DeeDe99
12-10-15, 01:31 AM
Darn Cave Dragon sent both my Champions to the spa, so I threw Beast Dragon in. One punch and Cave was done for, just a little final tap to send him home.

bozotc19
12-11-15, 05:02 PM
Anybody have any ideas? I have lost 5 times with level 15 champs so I am what out a clue, since it has no colors, only an apple and therefore I have no idea how to approach it. Thanks in advance

DeeDe99
12-11-15, 05:51 PM
Those us who have faced him have generally treated it as a red/green dragon, therefore a yellow/red dragon is a good choice. Avoid green, purple, black. But yes Fruition is tough. I've beaten it with Maple.

jagarjag
12-12-15, 05:43 AM
Anybody have any ideas? I have lost 5 times with level 15 champs so I am what out a clue, since it has no colors, only an apple and therefore I have no idea how to approach it. Thanks in advance

Firestorm worked for me twice. Agree with Deede: yellow/red is the best op.

DeeDe99
12-12-15, 06:09 AM
I love my Shadow dragon. He sent that pesky Red Queen down with one hit!

DeeDe99
12-12-15, 07:08 AM
Speaking of Fruition, I just faced Cartographer in the Arena. On the basis that maps are made with ink and paper, I treated him as a black/white. The only senior blue/green I have is Nouveau. She did defeat him. I think I used bmb from memory.

stashlova
12-17-15, 12:14 PM
Was curious to see how others who purchased or bred this dragon are faring in the Battle Arena?

Here are my stats:

LVL 11
20 - 0

I've seen other posts about Prime dragons not doing so well in the BA. This one is beast mode for me:D Maybe its just the rainbow element but i have taken down all types of color combos.

DeeDe99
12-17-15, 03:26 PM
I'm starting to think Fruition may be equivilent to a tri-colour, green/red/yellow. Colouring is similar to Autumn and he uses green magic.