PDA

View Full Version : Answered Swiping Diamond With Blaster Does Not Explode Snake Head

koetsub
04-26-14, 03:28 PM
I have noticed on a number of different levels (can't remember which ones) that when you swipe a diamond with a blaster, a snake head of the same colour as the blaster does not explode. This is not consistent; most of the time it does explode, but sometimes it does not.

FrozenTurtle
04-28-14, 10:44 AM
This is definitely strange. We'd like to check this out. Have you been able to get a screen shot when this happens? Please let us know.

koetsub
04-28-14, 07:54 PM
I do not have a screen shot of this, but will get one the next time it happens.

koetsub
04-30-14, 08:11 PM
In the screen shot of Level 260 note that the red snake head does not explode when there are two red jewels lined up under it. In fact, a match with another red jewel is highlighted. When I made the highlighted match, the jewels got cleared; the snakehead stayed intact (should have taken another screen shot).

How do I submit larger screen shots?

koetsub
05-01-14, 01:21 AM
Level 260 has other issues: on one occasion, when I swiped a diamond with a red jewel, a red bomb did not explode. I don't have a screen shot as I was scrambling to try to finish the level. I didn't finish the level.

maguar
05-01-14, 02:26 AM
I've merged these threads as they're issues with the snake heads. I've also reported it.

ebils
05-01-14, 11:43 AM
We have tested your account and was able to clear the snake head with no issue. By any chance were you able to clear the snake head at all?

Level 260 has other issues: on one occasion, when I swiped a diamond with a red jewel, a red bomb did not explode. I don't have a screen shot as I was scrambling to try to finish the level. I didn't finish the level.

Can you also please clarify about the diamond swapping with the red jewel? Swapping diamond with the red jewel will make all red jewels be gone, not turn into a bomb.

Thank you

koetsub
05-01-14, 04:36 PM
We have tested your account and was able to clear the snake head with no issue. By any chance were you able to clear the snake head at all?When I tried that level again later, I was able to clear the snake head with no problem. BUT, you do have a screen shot showing the problem when I did have it.

Can you also please clarify about the diamond swapping with the red jewel? Swapping diamond with the red jewel will make all red jewels be gone, not turn into a bomb.

Thank youBefore I swapped the diamond with a red jewel, there were some red jewels and a red bomb. When I did the swap of the diamond with the red jewel, the red jewels got cleared, but the bomb did not explode.

koetsub
05-02-14, 02:47 AM
This is a screen shot of Level 245 after I swiped a diamond with a blue blaster. There were several blue snake heads to begin with. On doing the swipe, two of the blue snake heads did not explode, as shown; the rest did. Later in the game I swiped a diamond with a blue jewel, and the snake heads did explode.

I'm trying to get more stars by playing lower levels (so I don't have to pay to get to new islands) but these bugs are stopping me from getting those stars.

ebils
05-02-14, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the information. We'll continue to investigate.

koetsub
05-02-14, 05:24 PM
I was curious enough about the problem (I used to test software for a living waaay back when) that I thought I would chase it further.

I restarted Level 245 many times, until I had multiple snake heads of the same color (purple in this case). There were four, one of which was exploded by lining it up with purple jewels. Then there were three.....

I continued to play, and at one point had a diamond next to a purple blaster (first screen shot). On swiping the two I got the result in the second screenshot. Note that none of the three remaining purple snakeheads exploded; they remained intact.

koetsub
05-04-14, 05:56 AM
One more problem, at Level 260, where I'm currently stuck:

I had a blaster pointing at a snake head a few rows down, and a diamond next to the blaster. When I swiped the diamond with the blaster the snake head did not explode; I don't think the blaster and the snake head were the same color, but that usually does not matter.

Next attempt at 260 I had a similar situation, but this time the snake head did explode.

[S8] Regina
05-05-14, 12:14 PM
Thank you for all the additional information! We have let the Team know, and they will continue to investigate these levels. :)

koetsub
05-11-14, 06:58 PM
I came across a variation of the problem, in Level 220, as follows:

A diamond swapped with a blaster triggered that blaster, but did not trigger another blaster of the same color.

[S8] Regina
05-12-14, 03:22 PM
I came across a variation of the problem, in Level 220, as follows:

A diamond swapped with a blaster triggered that blaster, but did not trigger another blaster of the same color.

When checking this level, swapping a Diamond with a yellow Blaster, turned all the remaining yellow Jewels into yellow Blasters. New Jewels of the same color that fall accordingly will not be Blasters.

koetsub
05-13-14, 04:05 AM
You missed my point. There were two blasters of the same color, and there was a diamond next to one of those two blasters. When the diamond was swapped with one of those two blasters, it triggered that blaster, but did not trigger the other blaster. It should have.

ebils
05-13-14, 03:03 PM
Hi. According to the Development Team, this is by design. The blaster is only responsible for detonating those that have been converted. It does not trigger the lone blaster that was not converted.

koetsub
05-13-14, 07:05 PM
So what you are saying is that if you swipe a blaster (eg yellow) with a diamond, that blaster gets detonated (and all yellow jewels get turned into blasters), but there is NO effect on any other yellow blaster that existed before the swipe. This may be design intent, but does not seem logical to me.

[S8] Regina
05-14-14, 01:59 PM
When a Diamond is swapped with, let's say, a Pink Blaster. All the remaining Pink Jewels will turn into Blasters, and go off. If there is already an existing Pink Blaster, it will not go off. This is because it was not triggered by the swapping of a Diamond and Blaster.

However, if it's in the same column or row as another converted Blaster, it will be detonated in the process.

If it's alone and cannot be detonated by surrounding converted Blasters, it will remain a Blaster.